Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.07/5

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

American Access Casualty sells non-standard auto insurance policies and accepts international drivers licenses. American Access Casualty isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to find a verified partner and get multiple insurance quotes at one time. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

American Access Casualty Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Echoing many other people on here, I was rear ended by a person who has a policy through American Access Casualty. I called the agency that issued the policy and was told to call the company, which I did. After being on hold for over ten minutes, and explaining what happened, I was told 'hang on a minute' and I heard the phone begin ringing again. Great, they're going to transfer me to another person that I'll have to re explain the whole situation to... nope. They transferred me to the same girl at the insurance agency that I had talked to initially, who again said it's up the company to handle the claim. I don't have time to mess with this company, I'll go to Small Claims on the driver and let her duke it out with her faux insurance company.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I am dealing with an accident caused by this insurance company's driver and they are FAR from helpful during the whole process. Their driver hit me and I am the one that has been majorly inconvenienced because their claims adjuster doesn't want to offer his assistance. It has been like pulling teeth trying to get them to cooperate and do the right thing because let's not forget, they are the ones who insured this person who hit me. The damage on my vehicle is so significant that I will be out of a vehicle for 5 days while it is being fixed; they only offer a rate of $20.99/day for a rental and it has to be through Hertz.

I hope the auto shop you go to is within distance of a Hertz or it's going to be even more of a hassle. The claims adjuster first offered to set up my reservation for me then changed his tune by telling me I need to make the reservation, which is a prime example of how UNHELPFUL this company is and how lazy their claims adjusters are. The sad part is you have no control over the insurance company another driver goes through, I just hope if you ever are involved in car accident that you don't get stuck dealing with this insurance company. Overall, terrible experience; they should be ashamed of themselves for making it even harder on someone who was not at fault but their driver was.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was in a flood so I called to make a claim and they came and towed my car to a scrap yard to see if it was repairable (I thought that was odd). I had to keep calling them to get an update, they finally told me it's going to be considered a total loss. I keep calling the insurance company to see what's going to happen now and I'm getting the runaround, no one will answer the phone. I keep leaving voice messages and don't get a call back. I finally got through to someone and they told me everyone has left for the weekend so my option is to be transferred to a voice mailbox and leave a message and someone will call me back within 48 hours. I'm so upset, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

After being rear ended while at a red light with a police officer in front of me and filed the report and the insured taking full liability, it still took well over a week and a half for the claims department to finally return my phone calls. I got the runaround about a claims adjuster notifying me with 24-48 hrs (which seems to be the norm for this disgusting company). I called once again which I lost count of and was extremely surprised to actually talk to a person. I threatened with a lawsuit and it still took an additional week for him to contact us.

After 3 days I received his appraisal of the damage and it was a joke. $230 in damages! My rear bumper was barely hanging on, lights broken, dual exhaust separated from muffler (that was just the damage I could visually see and didn't include if any structural damage to the frame or under carriage) and this clown said I would be responsible for any other amount, plus was directed to take it to only their recommended repair facility. After reading the comments about this company on here, I've decided to file a claim with my insurance and let them sue this despicable excuse for an insurance company!

Original review: July 23, 2018

While sitting at a red light my car was rear-ended by a driver insured by American Access Casualty Company. American Access Casualty refuses to return calls, and on the rare occasions when I actually get someone to answer their response is that they cannot move forward with the claim until they get a statement from their insured. Based on the online complaints about this firm this appears to be how they routinely deny responsibility for damages. I'll be filing a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance, BBB, and anyone else I can to that hopefully this firm can be dealt with accordingly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: June 22, 2018

I got in an accident on May 4th, it's June 22nd and I still can't get them to call me back to set up the rental car. I had to email and call over and over again, just to get an appointment to know which body shop to take it to. The agent Sandra **, was on vacation, so no one else can do her job while she is gone? She gets back and was not very nice on the phone, gave me the runaround. After reading all the paperwork I send, she finally tells, "Yes. You do have everything we need." But I still can't get my car in to get fixed, because she won't call or email the information about the rental car... Why do you work if you don't want to do your job? Wait, it's all about the money.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I can't believe I didn't check their reviews before!!! Would of made it much easier for me instead of dealing with their ignorance! I had spoke to one of their agents a week ago and long story short he told me I had until today to renew my policy. I call in today to make my payment and young lady tells me I'm cancelled. I cant renew! That I have to open up a new policy... All they want is your $. I'm guessing they didn't want to give my 2014 RATE... Thank God I never had any type of accident. I could just imagine the headache I would have gone through with their bad BAD service! And if I could I wouldn't even give them 1 star... but I have to pick one. Smh.

Original review: May 3, 2018

American Access Casualty Insurance - Horrible experience to repair my car and no proper updates after raising a claim. One of their insured person came and hit my car with fault at his side. I raised a claim on 16/Apr/2018 and till today I haven't received any updates from so called "Adjuster". This company providing insurance to non-licensed drivers and creating an issue to all legal or proper person's life. They should be immediately punished and throw them out of this business.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Got hit by a guy who had this insurance. Took it to the body shop they told me to. The claim rotted on the adjuster's desk about two weeks so they said they would pay all car rental charges. This was a relatively simple repair which took a month to complete. When I took car back to rental agency I got a claim ticket for reimbursement from AAC. I faxed the claim ticket to ACC 3 weeks ago. Surprise-no check yet. So now I am contacting Texas Dept. of Insurance to "put the dogs on 'em". Oh and the last time they answered their phone or called me back Jesus was in the 3rd grade!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I was rear-ended April 10, 2018. Called them to start a claim. Took my SUV to their "required" body shop (what a joke of an estimate process from them). It's been more than 2 weeks since the accident and the adjuster won't call me back. I've called daily for the past week. I'm done with them and now getting my insurance to handle it.

American Access Casualty Company Information