Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates
1.07/5

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

American Access Casualty sells non-standard auto insurance policies and accepts international drivers licenses. American Access Casualty isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to find a verified partner and get multiple insurance quotes at one time. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

American Access Casualty Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Do not get involved in a hit and run with a customer of this insurance! It doesn't matter if you have a police report. They don't care. Just because their customer claim "he wasn't involved". The company won't pay and take over a month to response or follow with you. The other person who hit me left me on the freeway unable to move and they denied the claim. This company has no customer service whatsoever.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in October 2018, less than 3 months after purchasing my 2018 Honda HRV. The right front of my HRV was heavily damaged. I have been passed around from one adjuster to another, I was shorted on what I should have received for the rental car I had to have, and now I have been battling trying to get my diminished value claim paid. Without the help of Iris ** in your litigation department, who I was familiar with due to the law firm I worked with represented your insureds, I would not have gotten anything handled. My overall experience with American Access has been horrendous. I want the remaining monies for my rental and my diminished value claim paid up before the end of February 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I hit a deer on 11/2/18 and just now got my vehicle back 12/11/18. They had my car towed to 3 different places and 2 states. I called relentlessly and finally was able to get my car back after driving an hour and a half away. I want sure that the vehicle I picked up was even mine. It was not fixed properly and had damage to the vehicle that was not there before the accident. The work that was done to my vehicle is so shotty and cheap. I took photos and sent them to American Access only for them to say they weren't going to make it right. I have had insurance through this company for 7 years and carried full coverage, first claim ever, and this is what I get? According to other’s experiences, I am not the only person this has happened to. Their Google reviews are just as bad. I am also making a claim with BBB.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

It has been a week now and AACC has done nothing to repair the damages their client did to my car. Not only have they tried to nickel and dime me for the damages - they had the nerve to ask me to pay out of pocket for a rental car. I have been calling AACC all week to get everything resolved and NOTHING! The person who has been giving me the runaround is Genevieve ** and her supervisor is Chris **.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I got rear ended and the hit made me hit the car in front. My front end was all damaged. They said that they are only liable for the rear only. I just wanted my car to be fixed how it was originally. Customer service sucks. Very Rude. Tirza ** at ** is not very professional. Next time I rather call a lawyer first before dealing with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Access Casualty?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

On October 9, 2018 an insured of American Access Insurance Co. sideswiped my car in a shopping center parking lot. The driver was a 16 yr. old girl driving with a permit. Her mother, who doesn't speak English, was in the passenger seat. I took down all information and took a picture of her permit and her insurance paper. They didn't have an insurance card. Both parents and both of their cars were listed on the paper. It is my understanding that those driving with a permit do not need to be listed on the policy. The driver apologized. I IMMEDIATELY called American Access and gave a recorded incident report. I was told that I would hear from an adjuster within 24/48 hrs. I heard nothing.

I called daily and, a week later, received a form to complete. I was informed it was still under investigation since the driver wasn't on the policy and they were unable to reach the insured. I was told to get a damage estimate at a body shop of their choice. I did that immediately. The collision company informed me that Access Casualty doesn't have good reviews. I'm beginning to see why. I continued to call the adjuster to no avail. Fortunately, I am able to drive my car, but it is still damaged. If I wasn't able to drive it, I'm assuming I'd also be paying for a rental car this entire month! On October 24, I received another letter, still no callbacks, telling me that the incident is still under investigation since they still can't reach their insured.

I find this difficult to believe, that after a month, they still can't find the insured. I was also told that if they can't contact them that they will cancel their policy and I will literally be stuck! I took a picture of their insurance paper and it states the policy is in effect until 3/8/19. It lists their address, vehicle Id, and license plate number. I do not understand why they are unable to contact them. I've read other reviews and see that there have been similar problems with being told that their insured can't be reached.

I reported the accident within the hour. I received one estimate within a week. I have continually called the company with no calls returned. I feel a month is a reasonable amount of time to investigate the accident and provide me with payment to have my 1 year old car repaired. I also think it reasonable to keep me updated on progress or lack of. I also feel that since the policy is in effect until March, 2019 the people were insured at the time of the accident. I have a picture of the driver's permit, the policy, and damages to my car.

If you are interested in seeing any of those, I can readily provide them. The adjuster's name is Tirza **. This is very upsetting to me since I have done everything I'm suppose to do including trying to maintain communication with the company and my only responses have been an occasional form letter. Please let me know if you require any further information. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had an accident caused by the rain when I was making a turn going southbound and I slipped and hit a curve, nothing major, broke my wheel, axle, etc.. They had changed my title to "salvage" without telling me FIRST or else I wouldn't have kept the car. I was carless for about a month or so. When I would call and call to contact the agency and reach my agent, my calls would always go to her voicemails, never answer me, never returned my calls... so unprofessional. Not only that, but I come to find out that they wrote a report about me saying I was driving while intoxicated WHEN I WASN'T EVEN DRIVING THE CAR!!! NO proof whatsoever. RECONSIDER before having them as your insurance.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I had to deal with this company because one of their insured driver hit to my car which cause my car total loss. It's been more than two week without my car. Try to hold one of their agent (Daniel **) over two week. Give him call. Never answer or return phone call. Finally I am going with my lawyer to lawsuit them. For my advice who facing this kind of garbage insurance company go with your attorney.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

This company will give you the complete runaround and change your policy amount each month! I went from paying $203 to $238, to $248 to $289, all because of agents giving me the incorrect information. My policy increased each month due to “equity.” I have been misinformed of due dates by several agents and when calling to make a payment told that I have to pay more because my policy needs to be reinstated. I am not sure if the customer service and underwriting department is simply ignorant or trying to get more money for the company. One representative in particular by the name of Hannah is beyond rude and nasty and over talks you to get her point across regardless of the situation you are trying to explain. Save your time and energy and go with a more reliable company. God forbid an accident occurs. It would be a nightmare to see how that would be handled.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Echoing many other people on here, I was rear ended by a person who has a policy through American Access Casualty. I called the agency that issued the policy and was told to call the company, which I did. After being on hold for over ten minutes, and explaining what happened, I was told 'hang on a minute' and I heard the phone begin ringing again. Great, they're going to transfer me to another person that I'll have to re explain the whole situation to... nope. They transferred me to the same girl at the insurance agency that I had talked to initially, who again said it's up the company to handle the claim. I don't have time to mess with this company, I'll go to Small Claims on the driver and let her duke it out with her faux insurance company.

American Access Casualty Company Information