Allstate Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My mom's life policy - after I paid for life insurance with Allstate 30 years Allstate said they sent me notification that I didn't have enough money in the policy to pay yet they've had my banking account number 30 years taking the premiums out of my account. I never received any notice. They said they sent it to my address that I had been living there for eight years yet I never received notice. Allstate insurance company is a ripoff and I know this for a fact because I sold insurance for them for 5 years and it made me sick to my stomach when I saw some of the tactics they used to get out of paying their clients.

I'm on here writing a review on behalf of my mother Dorothy. Allstate is a freaking rip off! The agent Mr. A. ** sold her a universal policy August 1, 1993 and told her that the premium would not go up and needless to say it did because it was actually a flexible (adjustable) policy and on top of that the maturity age they typed on the policy was 95 years old! My mother had no knowledge of the age that the agent listed on the policy and the fact that she was a smoker at the time doesn't make any sense. Who the hell lives til age 95 these days? She contacted the agent and had him over to her home to discuss the age issue and straight out said he didn't write the policy. Wth??? Who the hell wrote it!!??? SMH... I'm so furious with these damn insurance companies ripping people off and the only reason I rated them a 1 star was because I had no choice but if I could I would have given them a minus 10. Stay clear away from these crooks!!!

I have been a loyal customer with Allstate for over 40 years. I recently received a letter from the company stating I borrowed against my policy due to late payment. I never missed a payment before grace period. My policy for 40 years and paid consistently every month since 1976. It is completely untrue that I borrowed against my policy. After speaking with managers and associates I am appalled and disappointed how the situation was handled. It is disappointing how my situation was handled. How can you pay into a company for 40 years and received such poor customer service. Does customer loyalty matter, how Allstate handled me and my situation was completely unacceptable.

I've always had great service and the rates are reasonable. We've tried others before and they are not that good and they raise the rates without notice.

Allstate is a good company that always listens when I have a claim. They make sure to take care of me whenever something happens. Their premiums are low and I can't see myself going to another company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

They are a solid company that generally cares for their customers well being and not just out there for the money. They are also competitive in price so I give them a solid recommendation.

I have a fairly new policy with Allstate but they seem personable and are very affordable. I feel happy knowing my family is covered should something happen to me.

Allstate is a great company. They have different policies to fit your needs. Whether it is life insurance, home owners insurance or auto insurance, they have great rates and great customer service.

It is a great company. For a minimum price, you get maximum reassurance. They are very helpful and make sure you thoroughly understand everything. They provide great customer service and you can always understand the person that you are talking to.

Past and previous experience. This is a very caring and and understanding brand. I would do all I could to recommend this company to anyone needing a good life insurance policy.

It was fairly easy to get a policy. I had to meet with a nurse who came to my house, asked some health questions, took my blood pressure and stress a few tube of blood. A few days later my agent called to tell me my policy was approved and set up autopay. Then I had to stop by my agent's office to sign my policy papers a few days later.

I've been very satisfied with Allstate. They are always very quick to respond to any and all questions I have had over the years. Their prices are very reasonable for the kind of service they offer.

They are a great company. They help with everything I need and protect me with safety. I trust them to the bottom of my heart and am glad that they are a part of my life.

Never had a problem with their service. Did service with them for years. My family recommended me use their service. Also that their service is very inexpensive.

My life insurance is through my employer. I do not have any complaints about it. I think it is a reasonable price for a 250,000 policy. I have not received any information from them though and I believe my loved ones would have to contact my employer to start proceedings after I die.

I have been with Allstate for 22 years. I have a local agent and he is great to deal with. He knows my family and my situation and makes every effort to make sure we have the coverage we need for a price we can afford. Allstate as a whole is a great company and we have been satisfied with them for the entire time we have used them. I have recommended them to many people.

A great agent explained the long-term difference between term life and whole life which changed our policy decision big time with premiums for term life going up tremendously as you age. If you live to be 90 you could not afford your premiums unless you were wealthy.

Great company to work with, never had any problems with them. Always prompt and friendly. I would highly recommend this company to anyone. My agent sends me updated emails about products they offer all the time. They are great.

Allstate was able to get us a lower rate on our insurance than a company that we had been with for years. Their agent was very helpful and pleasant to work with. I would recommend Allstate to my friends and family.

Allstate has been extremely helpful in answering all of my questions. The reason I give them 4 stars is because sometimes I'll be on hold for a while.

I like the way I given this company, are very friendly to the time of questions in addition to offering other products, without commitments while the product is supplied by the pattern of my husband I am treated as if it were itself.

I've never had any problems with any claim I have turned in and that gives me peace of mind. They have friendly representatives and our agent is very helpful with any questions that we may have no matter what the question is big or small.

They are very helpful when needing to get a quote and offer me with a few options so I have a choice as well as providing me with the confidence. They really care. I feel secure knowing that I have the coverage I need.

I like that the type of policy I have gives me the option to cash out or reinvest at the end. I have automatic payments from my bank account so I don't have to ever worry about it. Payments automatically come out, and if something bad happens I know I'm covered.

I am satisfied with the coverage available and the cost to me is very reasonable. I would recommend to anyone. The staff that helped me through the sign-up process was very knowledgeable of the product and helped me obtain the best coverage for myself and my family.

They offer me new plans that I might be interested in every 6 months. I can always reach my agent when I need him. I have all my insurance through them.

Great company, nice people. They care about you and your family a great deal. They are very trusting. They have great benefits and ongoing deals. I like being on their plan.

Excellent experience. The staff are always friendly and helpful. My agent is always available in case of emergency. I have no complaints about AllState.

I have known our agent for over 25 years and receive great customer service. When involved in a fender bender everything was taken care of expertly, professionally and efficiently. The Allstate agent took care of everything and I did not have to be involved. The rates did not go up either since this was the first time we had made a claim.

Great customer service. Always available if I have concerns or questions. Polite representatives, good phone contact, helpful when there are emergencies. Calling is never a problem, fees are reasonable and easy to pay payment plans. I recently had an issue and they solved it without a hassle, sent out checks, were available for me 24/7 and answered and resolved all questions I asked with no arguments.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.    More about Neal→

Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Company. Allstate established its beginning by selling auto insurance. Founded in 1993, Allstate calls Northfield Township, Illinois home.

• Current-customer convenience: Choosing Allstate for life insurance needs can be convenient for consumers who already have auto and/or home insurance with the company.
  • Products: Allstate offers a limited menu of life insurance products.
  • History: Allstate began selling life insurance in Canada in 1953 and eventually began marketing their products in the United States but is considered a newcomer to the life insurance industry.

Compare Life Insurance Companies