2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

4.0/5 (320 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Allstate Life Insurance

Allstate is one of the largest life insurance providers in the United State. The company offers multiple types of policies, and its LifeTrek tool asks you a few questions to find coverage that fits your situation. Allstate provides free online quotes, and customers can file claims through the company’s website.

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Allstate Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Life Insurance?

Original review: March 20, 2021

In a nutshell they delay paying claims. They ask for a attending physician statement from your doctor get it and then have you wait and wait for no reason whatsoever. Then No one can give you a concise answer as to what the status is. All you get is apologized to. Horrible claims experience. Truly a experience of pay a premium but if you need them 100 excuses on how to decline the claim.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I filed a continuation of claim on my cancer policy on 1/18, 10 days later and claims still have even been reviewed or opened. When I called to ask what the hold up is, I was told it could take MONTHS before anyone even looks at the claims. I would have been better off saving the $50 a month I pay through my employer and gone to AFLAC. ALLSTATE YOU SUCK.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I switched to Allstate a few years ago. I had State Farm for a long time but switched to save money. The service I get from my agent is the best. They have a great app that has all my insurance information handy as needed. If I send them a message during a business day they get right back to me. If I call on a weekend sometimes they get back to me but I have the option to talk with a rep from the 800 number anytime. This is why I gave them a 5.

Original review: July 20, 2020

My wife and I had Life Insurance through CHI Memorial and she was let go because the census was low because of COVID-19. We went through Allstate Life Insurance and they put us through the mill and we jumped through every hoop just to get a letter of denial because of "preexisting condition".

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Once again they came up with a reason not to pay me for my accident. I did a claim on December 26, 2019. Turned in all my paperwork they asked for and they denied me. All they do is take your Premium money every month but doesn't want to give you any money back when your in need for it. This Company is not any good. I hope people read these Reviews and take them serious before they decide on this company. Too many people are saying the same thing about this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Don't expect Allstate to cover your medical bills like their policy says they will. I opened a claim 3 months after I got out of the hospital to help cover my deductibles and the money they paid went to bills that were already paid by my health provider. I opened the claim and got nothing. Buyer beware.

Frank **- disappointed client.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Do not do business with this company regarding life insurance, I filled up an application and I was waiting for approval after all test were completed. I was waiting for the required visit or call from the agent to provide approval or at least to get acknowledgment of the policy. I realized they were taking money from my account after multiple month, when I asked for my money back they denied protecting themselves behind a law which protect the insurance companies in Florida.

The agent said he met with me which is not true, they only care about the money. If they take $2000 dollars now how I can trust them giving me $100,000.00 in 15 years. I even contacted the state and they agreed with me; however as the Florida law protect the insurance company not the customer, they can not do anything about. They even send a letter to the state to review the law and make the amendment, of course I doubt it that is going to happens.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Please don't buy into disability/accident policies. I had this policy for 12 years. They do anything to avoid paying you and giving you the runaround. If you have legitimate claim and they think what they think how long you should be out instead of the member's recovery.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I went and look at my claiming online. It told me in the message box my claim went from received to approved by the agent. Said I was denied. That don’t make sense. I going to drop them soon as I return back to work.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Do not buy into any policies from this company!!! I've had this policy for the last 4 years. I had an agent sell me a policy at my job. It has been coming out of my check for the last four years. They get paid before I do. I recently had surgery and I've been off of work for a month and I submitted a claim. They were supposed to pay me one amount and sent to check out for $990 short of what the check should be.

They claim because the policy since the day I set it up was never paid in full. Why in the world would they not contact me to let me know that was happening. They tell me that because it's through my employer. They notify my employer and that I have to request to make sure that my policy is paid up today. Why in the world would I request a policy audit when I know they've been getting paid right for my check. This company is terrible. The representatives have no cool. They don't care because you know what they're still making a check. I looked them up after I was having issues with them and noticed that they're having a lot of class action lawsuits. I'm trying to figure out how to set one up. Company should not be allowed to treat people this way.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Allstate Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Company. Allstate established its beginning by selling auto insurance and calls Northfield Township, Illinois home.

• Current-customer convenience: Choosing Allstate for life insurance needs can be convenient for consumers who already have auto and/or home insurance with the company.

• Products: Allstate offers a limited menu of life insurance products.

• History: Considered a newcomer to the life insurance industry, Allstate began selling life insurance in Canada in 1953 and eventually began marketing their products in the United States.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Allstate Life Insurance Company Information