Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Allstate Life Insurance
3.81/5

Allstate Life Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

217 Allstate Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 13, 2019

Please don't buy into disability/accident policies. I had this policy for 12 years. They do anything to avoid paying you and giving you the runaround. If you have legitimate claim and they think what they think how long you should be out instead of the member's recovery.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I went and look at my claiming online. It told me in the message box my claim went from received to approved by the agent. Said I was denied. That don’t make sense. I going to drop them soon as I return back to work.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Do not buy into any policies from this company!!! I've had this policy for the last 4 years. I had an agent sell me a policy at my job. It has been coming out of my check for the last four years. They get paid before I do. I recently had surgery and I've been off of work for a month and I submitted a claim. They were supposed to pay me one amount and sent to check out for $990 short of what the check should be.

They claim because the policy since the day I set it up was never paid in full. Why in the world would they not contact me to let me know that was happening. They tell me that because it's through my employer. They notify my employer and that I have to request to make sure that my policy is paid up today. Why in the world would I request a policy audit when I know they've been getting paid right for my check. This company is terrible. The representatives have no cool. They don't care because you know what they're still making a check. I looked them up after I was having issues with them and noticed that they're having a lot of class action lawsuits. I'm trying to figure out how to set one up. Company should not be allowed to treat people this way.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have no problem with my bill. I think that the price that I pay every month for a downpayment is excellent. The overall bill is good as far as what I would expect to pay for a divorced person with one car who is renting. I could not ask for a better insurance company.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Let me first start by saying theee worst company EVER. My mom passed recently. They're taking FOREVER to process the claim. I'm going back and forth with them about taking ownership of a policy she had on me for over 15 yrs, of course they're giving me the runaround. I can never reach an agent nor have one ever contacted me in regards to the matter. Every time I call they always giving me wrongful information. Honestly if my mom haven't invested sooo much into it I wouldn't bother myself with it. It's unfortunate I have to deal with this considering I just lost a loved one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My father, 96 years old, died last week during the 30 day grace period after the annual premium was due. He had the same policy and the premium was paid by his former company, Sears, for 40 years until this month. Now Allstate is not replying to simple claim requests from my father’s trust representative. Any death during the grace period is historically paid less the premium amount due that month. That is not happening. A very sad ending to my father’s legacy and an embarrassment to Allstate. 40 years!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Terrible customer experience. Delays. Endless delays. Roadblocks. Basically similar experience to what most who have reviewed their experience with Allstate. Would NOT recommend this hell to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My claim was submitted in June 2018 it’s now November 2018 and my claim has not been paid for accident or short term disability with Allstate. This company goes through great efforts to find causes to not pay your claim. This is the worst insurance company I’ve ever encountered. The staff is inefficient, rude and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I really feel a compliance agency needs to get involve and investigate Allstate. I would not recommend this company for any services.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I went through Allstate to get STD since my company offered payroll deduction with them. I filed a claim on 7/11/18 knowing my planned surgery was 7/23/18. It is now September and I have not received my claim. No associate or manager has been helpful or nice. They report I am missing information from my medical record but will not reveal to me what that information is so I can help get it. I asked what I can do to help and the manager told me "you just need to wait, lady!" She apologized for me not knowing how long claims take and that they take 10-15days...ummm I just said it had been 8 weeks! My next step is to contact the CT board of insurance and file a complaint so they HAVE to reveal to me the info they are "waiting" on.

They have a portal online to check the status of your claim. Three times it was updated saying information was received only to be deleted the next day stating pending additional information. Wish I had taken screenshots from the beginning for evidence but never did I think I would be taken for a fool. Especially by a company my employer recommended. My surgery was straightforward. Should be an easy approval. Yet here I am back to work, with no back pay and bills piling up. Thanks Allstate. I will be sure to tell everyone I know to never do business with you and cancel my policy as soon as this is all over.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have paid my premiums for twelve plus years and never filed a claim. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer, have the Dr. statement, pathology report etc. Now I'm being told I have to submit an itemized bill before they will initiate my claim. I have provided Allstate with a signed release form allowing them access to my medical records.

Allstate expert review by Neal Frankle

Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Company. Allstate established its beginning by selling auto insurance and calls Northfield Township, Illinois home.

• Current-customer convenience: Choosing Allstate for life insurance needs can be convenient for consumers who already have auto and/or home insurance with the company.

• Products: Allstate offers a limited menu of life insurance products.

• History: Considered a newcomer to the life insurance industry, Allstate began selling life insurance in Canada in 1953 and eventually began marketing their products in the United States.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Allstate Life Insurance Company Information