Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Allstate Life Insurance

Allstate Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Allstate Life Insurance Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

My claim was submitted in June 2018 it’s now November 2018 and my claim has not been paid for accident or short term disability with Allstate. This company goes through great efforts to find causes to not pay your claim. This is the worst insurance company I’ve ever encountered. The staff is inefficient, rude and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I really feel a compliance agency needs to get involve and investigate Allstate. I would not recommend this company for any services.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I went through Allstate to get STD since my company offered payroll deduction with them. I filed a claim on 7/11/18 knowing my planned surgery was 7/23/18. It is now September and I have not received my claim. No associate or manager has been helpful or nice. They report I am missing information from my medical record but will not reveal to me what that information is so I can help get it. I asked what I can do to help and the manager told me "you just need to wait, lady!" She apologized for me not knowing how long claims take and that they take 10-15days...ummm I just said it had been 8 weeks! My next step is to contact the CT board of insurance and file a complaint so they HAVE to reveal to me the info they are "waiting" on.

They have a portal online to check the status of your claim. Three times it was updated saying information was received only to be deleted the next day stating pending additional information. Wish I had taken screenshots from the beginning for evidence but never did I think I would be taken for a fool. Especially by a company my employer recommended. My surgery was straightforward. Should be an easy approval. Yet here I am back to work, with no back pay and bills piling up. Thanks Allstate. I will be sure to tell everyone I know to never do business with you and cancel my policy as soon as this is all over.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have paid my premiums for twelve plus years and never filed a claim. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer, have the Dr. statement, pathology report etc. Now I'm being told I have to submit an itemized bill before they will initiate my claim. I have provided Allstate with a signed release form allowing them access to my medical records.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We have whole life policy with Allstate and opened the recent letter, just like all the other letters from them over the last two decades to find that… After paying 140 dollars every month for over 20 years ALLLSTATE INCREDIBLY DISCONTINUED OUR DIRECT TRANSFER PAYMENT AND CANCELED OUR POLICY. I TURN 50 THIS YEAR. After looking at other incidents of these odd technicalities when people pass 50 years of age on the Internet I decided to write this review. They say they upped the payment by 7 dollars and simultaneously stopped our automatic payment several months ago. Our original contract was clear that the payment would never go up. So we are left to wonder if this is some sort of systematic pruning of costly account? Is this legal. We are reviewing options and hope to see some accountability. We will see if we are "IN GOOD HANDS".

Original review: July 24, 2018

I feel it is a robbery, I have paid for this hospital benefit for a long time every month. I was in the hospital for little less than 24 and this insurance does not help me at all, therefore I am left with the debt of my deductible which is more than 1,000.00 and they never call me or send me any letter to letting me know my status of the claim until I call 20 days later, then they explain to me that I’m not cover.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: July 5, 2018

I filed the same paperwork for both my kids. They approved one and denied the other. I kept calling back for 3 weeks straight trying to get it fixed and every rep/supervisor I spoke with another supervisor they told me that the examiner who looked at it shouldn't have paid out for it. Allstate employees don't care about anything but making sure they get paycheck. This whole thing has stresses me out completely.

Original review: June 4, 2018

All of our insurance is through Allstate, from home, car to life. Husband recently passed away - absolutely no problems with the insurance payout. Had 1 accident and again, no problems at all.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I applied for STD through company American Heritage Insurance which works with Allstate. I recently filed a claim for STD and was denied for pre existing condition. Which the agent Richard ** don't explain that it was an 6 mos limitations from the day that policy goes into effect or that you have to have policy 6 mos prior to your condition and then there is still is guarantee they will even honor your claim. I just recent found out about this condition Feb 2018 and had to have a major operation but he states you can't be denial for pre existing condition but their policy states different. And they are so full of it when ask to cancel my policy. The consumer services rep just kept talking like I was ask her question just stating that my claim was denied. If I had a better understanding I would shopped around for others. I have been off work without pay and was forward to my STD to help. Now bills are behind and they don't care.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My husband has the Allstate critical illness insurance though his work. In Aug and Sept, he had two heart attacks in two weeks. It's supposed to be covered 100%. We filled out all the forms, had the doc fill in and sign his form, sent in all the medical information from the hospital, for both incidents. It's still being denied. Seems they want the words "heart attack" not "Acute non-STEMI". Our health insurance is paying most of the hospital bills. What's Allstate's problem? Approximately $35 comes out of his check every two weeks for 5 years now. What a waste of money. I want our money back. It was at the time we were filing a claim, Allstate advertised on tv if you weren't satisfied with your claim they would refund your money. When we asked about that, they didn't know what we were talking about.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got an Allstate Hospital policy through my ex-employer. I left my employ and it took 3 months to receive an updated invoice so I can pay my policy. Come to find out my rates went up more than 3x. So I am canceling my policy. I really don't need it. In addition, it took me almost a year to get the agent that signed me up to send my policies to me. No thanks. Allstate is horrible. I have emailed and called for months.

Allstate Life Insurance Company Information