Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
Allstate Life Insurance
3.80/5

Allstate Life Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

218 Allstate Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have paid my premiums for twelve plus years and never filed a claim. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer, have the Dr. statement, pathology report etc. Now I'm being told I have to submit an itemized bill before they will initiate my claim. I have provided Allstate with a signed release form allowing them access to my medical records.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

We have whole life policy with Allstate and opened the recent letter, just like all the other letters from them over the last two decades to find that… After paying 140 dollars every month for over 20 years ALLLSTATE INCREDIBLY DISCONTINUED OUR DIRECT TRANSFER PAYMENT AND CANCELED OUR POLICY. I TURN 50 THIS YEAR. After looking at other incidents of these odd technicalities when people pass 50 years of age on the Internet I decided to write this review. They say they upped the payment by 7 dollars and simultaneously stopped our automatic payment several months ago. Our original contract was clear that the payment would never go up. So we are left to wonder if this is some sort of systematic pruning of costly account? Is this legal. We are reviewing options and hope to see some accountability. We will see if we are "IN GOOD HANDS".

Original review: July 24, 2018

I feel it is a robbery, I have paid for this hospital benefit for a long time every month. I was in the hospital for little less than 24 and this insurance does not help me at all, therefore I am left with the debt of my deductible which is more than 1,000.00 and they never call me or send me any letter to letting me know my status of the claim until I call 20 days later, then they explain to me that I’m not cover.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I filed the same paperwork for both my kids. They approved one and denied the other. I kept calling back for 3 weeks straight trying to get it fixed and every rep/supervisor I spoke with another supervisor they told me that the examiner who looked at it shouldn't have paid out for it. Allstate employees don't care about anything but making sure they get paycheck. This whole thing has stresses me out completely.

Original review: June 4, 2018

All of our insurance is through Allstate, from home, car to life. Husband recently passed away - absolutely no problems with the insurance payout. Had 1 accident and again, no problems at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: May 15, 2018

I applied for STD through company American Heritage Insurance which works with Allstate. I recently filed a claim for STD and was denied for pre existing condition. Which the agent Richard ** don't explain that it was an 6 mos limitations from the day that policy goes into effect or that you have to have policy 6 mos prior to your condition and then there is still is guarantee they will even honor your claim. I just recent found out about this condition Feb 2018 and had to have a major operation but he states you can't be denial for pre existing condition but their policy states different. And they are so full of it when ask to cancel my policy. The consumer services rep just kept talking like I was ask her question just stating that my claim was denied. If I had a better understanding I would shopped around for others. I have been off work without pay and was forward to my STD to help. Now bills are behind and they don't care.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My husband has the Allstate critical illness insurance though his work. In Aug and Sept, he had two heart attacks in two weeks. It's supposed to be covered 100%. We filled out all the forms, had the doc fill in and sign his form, sent in all the medical information from the hospital, for both incidents. It's still being denied. Seems they want the words "heart attack" not "Acute non-STEMI". Our health insurance is paying most of the hospital bills. What's Allstate's problem? Approximately $35 comes out of his check every two weeks for 5 years now. What a waste of money. I want our money back. It was at the time we were filing a claim, Allstate advertised on tv if you weren't satisfied with your claim they would refund your money. When we asked about that, they didn't know what we were talking about.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I got an Allstate Hospital policy through my ex-employer. I left my employ and it took 3 months to receive an updated invoice so I can pay my policy. Come to find out my rates went up more than 3x. So I am canceling my policy. I really don't need it. In addition, it took me almost a year to get the agent that signed me up to send my policies to me. No thanks. Allstate is horrible. I have emailed and called for months.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Because of my husband's medical issues, our options are really limited. We had purchased a universal life insurance policy due to its cash value vs. a term life policy, which has no cash value, but are really starting to question this decision, as the premiums keep going up, and the policy value keeps declining. We were also hoping we could bundle our home and life insurance policies with this same company, but they don't insure a lot of homes in our area -- even the "median value" ones due to the high cost of housing here. We have inquired about long term care insurance; that was over a month ago. Haven't heard back from anyone from there since.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've been with Allstate for over 30 years. I am a loyal customer, but I am not satisfied with the options provided. The overall cost of my whole life policy is reasonable, and I don't have to worry over rising premiums since there is no set term to expire.

Allstate Life Insurance Company Information