Protect what matters most

Protect my home
Allstate Homeowners Insurance
3.82/5

Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Protect what matters most

Compare Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Protect my home

879 Allstate Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2019

We recently had severe wind damage done to our swimming pool. I thought for sure it would be a real hassle even inquiring about homeowner's coverage on it. Well let me tell you - Mr. James ** was by far the BEST customer service agent I have ever worked with. I have never been happier with a company. He followed up quickly and answered all of my questions. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality, professional and honest insurance carrier. Thank you James, you made a very disheartening event so much easier to navigate through!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Our sump pump discharge line leaked and flooded our unfinished basement on Jan 20, 2019. We quickly reported and very the same day my agent sent a message if he could be of any help. This has been our first claim ever and perhaps our expectations were not proportionate and felt that the things were not moving quickly while we were sitting on water soaked non salvageable items to be assessed. As of today, Feb the 7th, our claim is settled to our satisfaction. Thanks to Debra ** and Tim ** from the Claims department and our agent Tony ** for getting this concluded.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I WAS IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE INSURANCE. They handled wind damage last year and did pay for the damages and paid for the repair. I liked that they repaired any damage to my property and did the claim process very fast. I have been with them for over 30 years and I'm very happy and satisfied with them and have no plans to change my policy with them. I liked that they provide good service and handle any and all claims quickly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

They are very prompt and easy to deal with and are so easy to converse with. They understand my needs at crucial times. They want to upgrade the policy at least bi-yearly which I don't like because if I want any upgrades I will notify them. They also want me to change any other insurance I have with them. Other than that, their rate is much better in my region of the country which is South so I feel I get more bang for the buck. My agent is also a personal friend. The location and access of their office is very much in my location.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Over the years we've had several claims on our home and Allstate has been excellent on their assistance and payments for damages, offering assistance when needed, often without our asking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: June 17, 2019

We have been with Allstate for three years. In that time our homeowners' policy has increased every year. We started off paying 750.00. The following year it increased to $829.00. This renewal period our policy is now at $1,068.00. We have never filed a claim and Allstate cannot explain the increase. Their only response is, we have lost some of the discounts that were originally given to us. We were never told that we would lose discounts the longer we have the policy. Had I known this I would not have gone with this company. Please don't believe that you are "in good hands" with Allstate. Anyone who goes with this company will be in the hands of scammers.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I hope that no one out there who has Allstate insurance actually ever intends to file a claim for a raccoon in the attic (as shown in their COMMERCIAL) because they’re not going to cover a single thing up there if there’s any evidence of animal excrement. Well good luck finding a polite raccoon who goes back outside every time they need to do their business! It’s good to know that 20 years into being insured with them (this will now be my last) - that this is how they treat their “valued customers” who rarely ever have had to use them for claims in the past. Totally useless. #InsuranceIsAScam #NotInGoodHands #ThanksForNothingAllstate #RantOver.

Original review: June 5, 2019

One of the worst experience I ever had, .1 Rating for the service. Special feedback for agent TURRENCE **. Never responds to calls or never at his desk. Requested for cancellation of renters insurance 5 months ago. After several calls to him and Allstate, still charging the renters insurance. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Better go with other company.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have been in a ALLSTATE customer for over ten years, since I purchased my first home (the same one I still reside in) in 2008. Since then I have filed two claims: one was handled with mediocre attention and took a long time to settle (over 4 months), and the other was denied. Three months ago I was involved in a domestic disturbance incident, in which a theft occurred. Obviously the police were involved as it was a pretty bad, dramatic domestic disturbance incident (my neighbor initially called the police). Initially, I didn’t realize the depth of the theft, And even had the police return to my home immediately the following day to offer a full account and detailed list of stolen items.

After realizing that enormity of the theft, I was advised to file a homeowners insurance claim. I did so three months ago. I was assigned a “special investigator,” however it took several emails and phone calls from myself to finally get him to speak with me. He conducted an “interview,” In which he laughed at my situation, belittled me, and made me feel completely inferior and victimized all over again. By the time I hung up, I was shaking and crying. I even sent a follow-up email explaining how belittling and disgusting the entire tone of the “interview” was. I received no response.

To make matters worst, I completed a 19-page document that had receipts for every single one of the items that were stolen, including pictures of some of the items and original packaging (there weren’t many items, just expensive electronic equipment that was all together in a computer bag on the counter- the perpetrator literally had to grab one bag as he ran from my home along with my brand new IPhone XS Max cell phone he stole from my hand). The investigator question every single item and pretty much called me a liar and insinuated that I was making up this account- even though there were two police reports to back up what I was saying!

Two weeks after submitting this document, I sent a follow-up email to find out how the investigation was going. I was greeted with a automatic response from his email stating that he was out of town for the week. I reached out to the other person that is labeled as my claim adjuster and she stated that he was out of town and there’s nothing I can do.

However I got an email from him shortly after stating that he was on able to open my 19 page document with all of my proof of ownership including the original receipts etc.! This comes nearly 2 weeks after I spent so much time putting together that document and compiling the list of proof of ownership documents for him! So I sent a screenshot of every single page of the 19 page document and send them to his Allstate Cellphone along with his email. It is now three weeks and I still have yet to hear from him or anybody else from Allstate. I am anticipating bad news (although I have already replaced my cell phone and have provided that $1259 receipt as well). Do not choose Allstate because you are certainly not in good hands, I can promise you!

Original review: May 24, 2019

I was advised of hail damage to my roof, siding, garage door, gutters, fascia and outdoor grill by a contractor. After their storm damage team assessment, I contacted my homeowners insurance company Allstate. I took a day off work on Friday May 10th, and met with an independent 3rd party inspector who was assigned by Allstate to perform my claim inspection along with Allstate virtual adjuster live on a video phone call. The independent inspector took his time approximately 2.5 hours and reviewed the roof of my home and detached garage, and my home's siding and gutters. He explained his chalk markings made on all slopes of my roof, hail damage on both home and detached garage.

I spoke with the virtual adjuster at Allstate at the time of inspection and was advised I was to receive a callback on Sunday May 12th. I spoke the Allstate virtual adjuster on that Sunday and she stated that there was damage to the roofs, and 2 sides of the siding. She had states that some internal policy may lead to them only replacing 1 slope of the roof, so she stated to me, that she sent a request to have it reviewed and would contact me back on Tuesday. On Tuesday May 14th I received a call from Allstate advising me that now there is no claims decision and they will be scheduling an Allstate adjuster to re-inspect my home on Thursday the 23rd of May.

I took another day off work, and met with my contractor and Allstate Adjusters. 2 of them... These 2 Adjusters do a quick 30 min look over my property and tell me there is no damage to either roofs, the house roof is just age damage and there's no damage to the detached garage whatsoever. But they did see hail damage to the siding. Even though the previous inspector and virtual adjuster found and agreed there was hail damage. When I asked why the conflicting information from the first adjuster he had no answer and stated the person they sent out was just a photographer... He absolutely was not. I met and spoke with this man, I believe he was more knowledgeable about storm damage than the Allstate adjuster.

They then proceed to tell me that there was not even a hail storm in this area in the last 3 years, the closest one was Schaumburg, (15 miles away) yet proceeded to write a damage estimate and approve payment for hail damage to my siding, and gutters. It was clear to me and my contractor that this adjuster had no idea what he’s talking about and is merely reaching for denial reasons. I have attempted to contact Allstate home office to resolve who have only passed me around customer service reps and managers, who attempted to deflect and tell me my roof is just old... or has moss on it??? So what?

The point is there is covered damage and you are refusing to honor the policy I bought in good faith. I have left voicemails for the Adjusters I've dealt with so far, and haven't heard back yet. The inspecting adjuster even went as far as marking the claim closed, when I made it clear in person that this is not closed and I do not agree, and refused to sign his inspection. There is still no resolution.

I feel completely misled by Allstate, they burned me once on a water damage claim inside my home to the tune of $2600.00, and now this. I guess it's my fault for not switching back to Country after the first bad faith indecent. I did not have this issue when I filed similar claims with country insurance on my previous home. This is absolutely the worst insurance experience I have ever had. They purposely sent another team to my home to disprove their own staff in order to not pay a claim for the sole purpose of not paying a claim.

I bought this policy in good faith, and feel that Allstate does whatever they can to deny/downplay damages and undercut repair estimates. My contractor is currently writing me an estimate for everything roofs and siding, window sills, garage doors and gutters/vents etc where damage was initially noticed and I'm out of pocket for it all. I feel like I’m I little out of my league, and they know it. I am currently seeking legal advice.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We recently had a huge tree fall onto our house. Prior to the Allstate adjuster coming out to our home (which took 2 weeks), we were told by multiple professionals that our came out to our home (roofing, tree removal, and a friend who is a State Farm adjuster) that Allstate would definitely need to pay to have the entire roof replaced. We were also told to do what we need to do to get the tree removed and the roof covered so we did just that. We contacted a contractor who had his guys come out to cover the roof prior to the tree removed, after the tree was removed, got tree guys to come out and get the tree removed, etc. We go through all of that and the adjuster comes out to say that only a back portion of our roof will be paid for to be replaced.

We have structural damage inside and it is even clear from the ground there is significant damage to the entire roof. Also, we have wind and hail damage from the same storm where the tree fell and we had roofers submit over 80 pictures of the damage to warrant a new roof replacement. Allstate is refusing to budge. In addition to this, they are refusing to pay the contractor fee for the tree removal part of the claim because he "didn't use more than three subcontractors" although he did a significant amount of work and AFTER Allstate told us to do what we had to do to get the tree off ASAP and get the roof covered. We will continue to fight this no matter how long it takes. Wish I would have talked to people before selecting an insurance company because every professional I have spoken to after this disaster has said Allstate is known for pulling stunts like this. I will be switching insurance policies ASAP!!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

First off I am not sure Matt Black has anything to do with this issue but I could not find anywhere else to post this. And for the record this is my VERY FIRST review ever...My husband and I have had Allstate homeowners for close to 10 years and have been paying $2,000+ a year for this policy and we have had no issues which in turn means we have not filed ONE claim... A few weeks ago we had an inspector tell us we had hail damage on our roof and it really needed to be replaced. We contacted insurance company, they sent someone out and it was denied.

So we contacted roofing company, they came out and they said the same as the inspector. Opened up another claim and they sent someone else out and denied it again after we had a second roofer come out and agree to meet with the inspector Allstate sent out. Needless to say Allstate will NEVER again have our business and I will be posting this review everywhere I can find and telling anyone I know. This just blows my mind. Unbelievable. Shame on you guys.

Original review: May 16, 2019

By far the worst agency to insure your house with especially if you live in a hail area. You will literally be the only house in the neighborhood that doesn't get a brand new roof. Their adjusters will not get on the roof so they hire a third party group that isn't even licensed in an effort to deny. Now they have this third party group get on the roof and call a desk adjuster 1000 miles away. This adjuster is not on the roof and looks at blurry pictures all to deny. The sad part is that Allstate brings in about 40 billion in revenue and saved 2 billion in 2018 by this method of calling the hail damage into an adjuster 1000 miles away.

Homeowners if you have a hail storm and the damage is justifiable and your initial claim gets denied on the first inspection do not go to reinspection as Allstate will just deny it again. Go directly to appraisal with a public adjuster to beat them. Very sad how they take all this money in but don't pay out anything. Then when you win in appraisal and get your new roof cancel Allstate and go with another insurance agency. Hope this helps homeowners who have been abused and battered by Allstate. Stand up for your rights.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have homeowners with Allstate with Extended roof coverage. A few months ago we had 25-30mph winds that lifted up entire sections of our roof. Took them 3 weeks to send an inspector, and the kid looked like he was straight out of high school. He spent all of 5 mins looking over the roof and never even looked in the attic to see if it was leaking. (It was).

The Allstate rep called me two weeks later and said that there were only 5 damaged shingles and that the cost was less than my deductible. I told her that I had my own pics of the sections of shingles blowing up and she said that they were designed to do that and would lay back down in the sun. I think she actually believed what she was saying. I again told her that the shingles on the entire length/edge of my house had blown up and were damaged, along with damaged and missing shingles in other places. I went back and forth with her saying that I only had a few that were bad on the whole roof. She talked to me like I was stupid even though it was obvious that she had no idea about the construction of a roof. She also told me that the inspector noted bad decking in places, but that it was not covered because decking is not part of a roof. I don't know what she thinks it is part of then.

It was a fairly long conversation and her story kept changing about what the damage was and what was considered a roof when it came to coverage. She got mad when I said it sounded like Allstate was trying to lie about the damage to get out of covering it. By the end I was so frustrated with her that I was ready to hang up. She then told me that if I disagreed on the damage, that I could have my own contractor come out because "they frequently find more damage than the inspector".

When I pointed out that if the inspector frequently missed damage that often, then Allstate was aware of the issue and it was obvious that Allstate was trying to rip off their customers and failure to pay for the coverage. Again she got mad and said that she was here to help me, and again her story changed as to what was damaged and what was covered. I gave up on getting anything but excuses out of her.

As expected, the roofing contractor I had come out found so many damaged shingles that he said there was no repairing it and the roof would have to be replaced. No bad decking like the inspector noted. He said it was a slight dip over the carport, which was common over carports. Maybe if Allstate hadn't sent a kid or if he had bothered to look in the attic, he would have known that. As soon as I said I had Allstate, he shook his head and said that Allstate did this to every one of their customers he'd dealt with and then did everything they could not to pay. I was warned before I went with them and should have listened. Maybe someone will read this and not make the mistake I did.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Updated on 05/08/2019: Jennifer ** of Allstate Insurance Company, Phone: **, email address, ** as well as David ** from Allstate Insurance Company with Phone: ** and email address claims at claims DOT Allstate DOT com have misused my claims records. Even though I am no longer an Allstate customer (since 2018), I contacted these individuals in 2019. My recent inquiry on an old 2017 case was based on other insurance companies denying me insurance and informing me of a possible fraud on claim number ** dated 2017.

The claim,**, is already on my claims report available on CLUE. Because of DAVID **’s last mail and email communication on case **, that continued for several months, contained language with no resolution, I thought my previous claim was denied and that was the reason for other companies denying me insurance. I was never informed of the resolution by Allstate and yet when I inquired about it, JENNIFER ** and DAVID ** of Allstate Property created or helped creating a repeated claims record that LexisNexis Personal Reports informed me in 2017 with following details: Date Created: 2019, Date Last Updated: 2019, Status: Solved, Escalation Due No Value.

JENNIFER sent me an email with language, that my not being able to secure any other insurance is none of hers or Allstate's concern. To demonstrate the same, these individuals chose to create or help create a fraudulent claim record on my Social Security in 2019, even though I am no longer a customer of Allstate and I only inquired about my past claim on my record and expressed my frustration that I was neither informed of the resolution nor I could get other insurance because of their claims record.

For asking information they should have given to me by themselves in the first place and for expressing my frustrations, they chose to personally attack me by tarnishing my claims records by creating another entry. Attached document shows I never made any claim on insurance for them to make this claim on my records. This is misuse of their powers and tarnishing a previous customer's claims report. I have filed a formal complaint with all evidence to consumerfinance.gov.

Original review: I made a valid claim on renter's insurance policy bought from Allstate. Allstate claims representative, Mr. **, yelled at me over phone that the security deposit is never returned to the renter and that I bought the lowest premium renter's insurance from Allstate. He completely discredited the Allstate product on the phone and took no responsibility. He never contacted the landlord or the property manager to get any more information. Now this claim, as a risky claim, is on my credit report forever. I can no longer obtain any renter's insurance or homeowner's insurance.

How can I be a risky applicant if I am sent a proper written document by the property manager at the time of the move-out? The Homeowner Association, landlord and the property manager reported a written incidence of damage and have held $950 from me and this is the amount I paid from my pocket. The fact that Allstate couldn't do its job by saying that a working number of the landlord and the property manager didn't get them connected, has nothing to do with my being risky. It's just gross incompetence of their team.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I gave verbal consent for an auto draft for auto and homeowner's insurance in Feb 2019 to the Matt Black Agency in Little Rock/Maumelle AR. The agent named Patrick ** stated he could match my current Geico policy except the car rental terms. The next day when I received the documents for e-signature, there was erroneous information in the final documents stating my roof was replaced in 2014 and it was not, an incorrect number of occupants in the home, differences in coverages and added coverages to the auto policy that was not requested.

I cancelled all transactions the same day and did not sign the docs. I questioned the whereabouts of the inaccurate info and the agent kept saying it would not change the price. I'm not concerned about pricing when data is incorrect. I will never use Allstate again due to this. Allstate never acknowledged any wrongdoing for baiting the price and switching the terms as if I would not read the docs before signing them.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I switched homeowners insurance to Allstate because it was cheaper. The policy was written with a $2500 deductible. I received a phone call from my agent's office that my insurance was being cancelled due to my deductible being too low for having only 1 policy with Allstate. This is unbelievable because I should have been notified of this in the beginning. They would not increase my deductible to $5000, which I was told is the lowest that I could have. This is unfair and will cause a great impact on me. It will cause a drop in my insurance score and my credit score to go down because it will have to be ran again to obtain a new policy. I was also informed that a completely new policy was written with the 5000 deductible and I didn't request it. I'm very upset. I will be calling the insurance commission and possibly obtaining a lawyer. I had to select a rating to post, but it should be 0.

Original review: March 15, 2019

After 18+ years of being a loyal customer with Allstate Homeowners Insurance and over 20+ years of auto insurance. Our very first house claim on Jan. 29, 2019 due to a pipe burst inside the internal walls in our master bathroom causing water damage to the sheetrock was denied within twenty minutes of only a conversation with an agent all the way from Texas. He denied our claim without even sending anyone to evaluate the situation. He didn’t even ask for pictures I had took of the damage. The next day I contacted our local Agent and asked how the protocol would be.

After I explained our frustrating situation our local agent in California contacted the claims department on our behalf. To my surprise we got a call right away from Ms. ** on Saturday 2/9/19. First time speaking with her I felt confident we were in the rights hands. However, after we hung up what she had indicated to me did not happen. I gave her until Monday 2/11/2019 then I reached out only to speak to a voicemail. A day or two later I get a call from an adjuster to schedule an appointment. On February 14th, 2019 the adjuster comes by, takes pictures and informs me that by next week the claims department will receive his report. The week goes by and no call back from Allstate Agent Ms **. I call and had to leave a voicemail.

The next day I called again and to my surprise she answered. After I gave her our claim number and gave her a recap she was unclear on what I was talking about. I informed she never emailed me like she had previously indicated. However, I informed her I had gotten her email address from her voicemail. She indicated to me that she believed she did receive the pictures I had sent her through email however, she couldn’t find them at the moment. The adjuster’s quote was under our deductible amount. So once again our claim was dropped. It seems like homeowner needs to experience a total loss to file a claim!

Original review: March 10, 2019

Allstate Corporation. If I could rate this company less than zero I would. This is a fraudulent, unethical company. December 11th 2018 I called Allstate Corporation's 800, get a quote number and spoke to an agent named Logan. After Logan gave me such a great rate on my home insurance saving about $500 a year on my Home and $70 on my car insurance rates. Allstate Agent entered a lot of fictitious information in the computer and gave me a lowball rate to get me to change my policies to Allstate.

I gave Logan all the information about my home. I told him it is about 2200 sq ft tri-level with 5 steps from the lower- garage level and 7 Steps from the kitchen, living room area to the bedrooms: the lower two levels are brick veneer with stone in the front, upper level is frame. I told him the basement was a daylight basement with a wall of windows 4 ft from the floor on one side. He insisted it was 1400 square feet, two-level home, a split-level according to the public records. I described everything about my property; the size of the property, the fencing, porch, everything. He gave me so many discounts that allowed me to have such a great rate including automatic pay for my checking account which was an additional $72 discount.

Logan explained If I paid with the credit card or a check that discount would be removed. So I gave him my checking account number with instructions not to take the money out until December 28th since my policy was not due until the 29th. Lo and behold he took over $2,200 out of my checking account on the 12th of December. He also asked me to fax the Defensive Driving certificate to him. I did and requested him to call me when he received it. I never received that call from Logan. I started receiving messages from Joseph ** Allstate company Hoschton GA 30548 (Winder) threatening to remove the discount if I didn't send in the certificate. That was the first time I realized that I was put with a company 66 miles away from my home in College Park Georgia. I called Logan about it. HE never returned my call. I finally got the secretary who said that the certificate was in the file.

After that it was just one message after another threatening to remove a discount for some reason or trying to get me to sign up for something else. I finally wrote headquarters with a complaint and requested to move my policies to an Allstate 4 miles from my home. Feb 25, 2019, I received the letter from Allstate headquarters stating after the home inspection, I owe an additional $730.34 on my homeowner's policy from December 29th, 2018 to December 29th, 2019. They also increase the square footage to my home to over 2,500 square feet by adding the garage as part of the living space and overestimated the replacement value of my home to almost a half a million dollars from the original correct $304,000 replacement value.

Logan put all the wrong information in the system intentionally to get my business from my original insurance companies. Logan wrote that my home was a one-story 1400 sq ft concrete block home on a slab with no crawl space. Plus, a lot of other fictitious information. The home inspection came back with almost the exact information that I had given Logan. Had Logan put that correct information in the system, my quote may have been $1,651.86 for homeowners insurance and I would not have changed to Allstate.

I tried to call Allstate at the number that's on this statement, 1 800Allstate to have them pull up the conversation tape that I had with Logan and to find out all the things he had put in that original quote to get my business. I also wanted to cancel my policy with them. The 1-800Allstate phone number is not a number you could talk to anyone. It's a recording trying to sell HEALTH ALERT SYSTEMS and other things including roadside assistance. Then it disconnects when you do not want those services. No one comes to the phone to talk. I could not cancel my Allstate policies last night. Be aware of Allstate Insurance. Now I have to try to get my money back. I purchased insurance with Geico for auto and home. I had two insurance companies until I could get my Allstate insurance policy cancelled.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I was struck by a vehicle driven by an Allstate insurance agent on February 13th of this year trying to cross the street. Literally right out in front of the office I was in the crosswalk, the agent was stopped at a stop sign looking at the southbound traffic to her left, and she attempted to pull out into the southbound traffic without looking and hit me with her Toyota Prius, injuring my shoulder. Instead of getting out of her vehicle and seeing how badly she hurt me, her sole concern is to usher me into to office. I saw the Allstate sign and figured it had was probably safe. I couldn't have been more wrong. Instead of asking her co-worker who was in the office to call 911 she ushered him further into the office, they whispered about something and then she turned around and said loudly "Why did you jump on my car?"

I was and still am shocked by this blatant and outright lie. She proceeded to tell this lie to Mesa police officers. So if you're thinking about getting insurance, you might want to go somewhere where the agents don't lie to avoid responsibility. If this type of behavior is what you can expect from an Allstate agent, maybe call Geico or State Farm, because clearly bald-faced lies are acceptable at this office in order to deny responsibility. Isn't that what insurance is all about? This happened around 4 pm on Wednesday February 13th at the intersection of 3rd Street and Dobson. If anybody happened to see anything please call Mesa Police Department and make a report.

Also I've been attempting to contact Allstate corporate offices as you would assume a company with such a good name and reputation would want to investigate this, but as of yet, no one has responded. However if the company itself does ever decide to step up and take action I will be sure to let everyone know. As for now I'm out of work with an injury from this accident. Even though I'm not an investigator, I've got nothing better to do than scour Mesa trying to find somebody who saw this. You would think Allstate would want to do that to weed out dishonest agents and clear their name but as of now it's clearly up to me.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I had a water leak from a failed dishwasher. Forty-eight hours after the claim was filed, the assigned adjuster did not respond to the messages I sent through the Allstate account or the voicemail left on his phone. After the inspection, the adjuster made a report available online. I viewed the report and realized that the claim was denied. I replied online with disagreement. Then I went back to see the report again. But the denial report was removed from my account.

Then Allstate set up another inspection a week and half later. The claim was denied again. The first adjuster denied the claim by arguing that the water leak is not big enough because he did not see water in the kitchen. He claimed that the water leak was a long term seeping. But then I said that the water went down to the garage right below the dishwasher because the gravity.

The second adjuster obviously saw my argument and that I made a valid point. He then changed the focus to the wood below dishwasher and insisted that the water was slow seepage over long period of time because he can see the wood is rotting. He was trying to take a picture using his phone behind the wall while the light shoots from the window. The pictures looked dark and moldy. Imagine you take a picture of person who faces away from the sun. The face is going look really dark. Anyway, two adjusters tried really hard to find evidence to fit to the insurance policy of Allstate: long term water seepage is not covered. So my claim was denied by two adjusters with two different reasons.

Lesson learned from this experience: Don't go with Allstate. They always try to deny your claim based on the policy of long term leaking not covered. Don't use their online account. All the information you submitted or they posted can be removed by their will. You will lose the important information for your later on litigation against Allstate. The photos they took can be modified by computer and look really bad. Take your own photos in case you need to go to court. Communicate with them using paper mail or email. Keep all the information or document for yourself. My claim was denied but Allstate still has not provide me a detail letter with reasons. I cannot file a complaint with State Department of Insurance without the letter. So they are playing a "denial, delay" game with me.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Do not get your home insured by Allstate. In 2017 my house was hit by a tornado. The Allstate adjuster said they would not pay to have the roof replaced, only partial to the back of the home. A year later mold emerged on the inside front of the house which was caused by underlying damage now found on the front roof. I trusted this company to protect my asset however when the time came Allstate went with the cheap repair and now I have more damage to the home as a result. When I opened a new claim the clown show started, the claim was opened, closed, opened again, closed, never paid. I had 5 different people from their company call me, all on the same team with conjecture and speculation, everything except acknowledging the house being hit by a tornado. Most disturbing experience. I have filed a grievance with the State Insurance of Kentucky where the house is located and canceled my insurance with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have had Allstate homeowners insurance for over 17 years and never submitted a claim. I received a letter in the mail a few months ago saying that they have been trying to get a hold of the property owners to schedule an inspection but have been unable to, therefore the policy will be cancelled December 27, 2018. I contacted them and provided all updated contact details. They confirmed that they sent an inspector out to the property.

I called numerous times and followed up via email with the agent and to date nothing! Each time I called, I was put on hold for five minutes or more and then told that the inspection report is being reviewed by the underwriter. Obviously Allstate knows exactly what they are doing. Based on the reviews so far, it looks like they are trying to get rid of older properties. They are shady and unprofessional. There needs to be some tighter regulations to keep them in check. They should not have the right to cancel your insurance like that. Go with another company that has some integrity! I don’t recommend them—stay away!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

In the winter of 2017, my mother's house suffered major damage from a winter storm. When we discovered the mess, we immediately called Zion Restoration for cleanup. They are a VERY reasonable and reliable company. After careful inspection they gave us an estimate of $34,525.20 for repairs. Allstate said they didn't have to cover any of the damage since they were not the first company to see the damage. Allstate came up with a total of $7,654.33 for repairs. This didn't include the roof over the bedroom which had to be replaced.

They claimed the damage was due to lack of maintenance! More than a year later, independent engineer was hired by Allstate and he noted that the damage was caused by the water and snow not lack of care! To date, two years later, we have received less than $10,000 for repairs. We don't have enough money to replace the carpet or furniture. The bedroom remains unusable! I have been transferred to at least 8 different departments and each department doesn't know what the other one has done. It is so frustrating! My mother has carried insurance with Allstate for more than 50 years and has never made a claim! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! You are NOT in good hands!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I paid for insurance all my life and never had to use it...until now. Neighbor flooded my adjoining unit and nobody ever showed up to help us through the process. We were left to figure it out ourselves. Well 4 months later through a Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday we were left without our dining room and living room furniture due to an ongoing claim that the HOA insurance is responsible. Allstate just doesn't care about its customer. The floors and walls were fixed but they never wanted to pay for the storage of our household goods or the return of them. Their concern with liability and costs is more important than the comfort and concerns of their customer. Do not patronize this company!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Ten years ago, my wife and I were shopping around for a fair insurance company for home-car-flood coverage. We were surprised that Allstate, the 3rd largest insurance company in America, offered such reasonable quotes. We were impressed with the agency that we chose, as we had never met so many friendly, smiling and concerned people in our life. We are currently in our late 50s, and have never made any type of insurance claim, and have never even had so much as a parking ticket. Basically, we live a safe and modest blue-collar life on a very modest budget. We set up our insurance payments electronically, which of course means Allstate gets their money on time year after year.

Fast forward six years. My wife and I are still the safe and cautious people we have always been, still claim free and living a modest life. Our homeowner's policy had increased well over a 100% by this time. My agent explained that was because so many other people are filing claims. Still in the 6th year with Allstate, we had a very bad storm come through our town, and it appeared to damage our roof, as some of the shingles were standing straight up. My wife and I were clueless about insurance claims, so we called our agent to point us in the right direction. Remember, this agent has been smiling and offering birthday wishes and holiday cheers for six years. She immediately started persuading us not to file any claim, that our deductible would be more than what any "roof damage" may cost to repair.

OK, she's the well-trained agent, we should follow her advice. Coincidentally, about a month later, this very grungy young man was pounding on my door, sent from Allstate to do a physical exam of my home and property. About 3 weeks later, our homeowner's policy was canceled because this very scruffy, unprofessional boy reported to Allstate that we were a liability because we needed a roof and a new pool liner. So, we had paid for six years and when the time came that we may actually need them, their well-rehearsed operations go into full effect. This was a six-year profit for them. You have to wonder just how many decent, hardworking clients they do this to, and after reading a few complaints on this page, apparently far too many.

In reality, YOU are the insurance provider and Allstate the customer will find many ways to collect more money from you every year. They are the criminal liars that make the claims and are constantly finding ways to collect money from you, and this is an endless process from them. Anyway, being naive fools, we immediately found another homeowner insurance company to cover us, but we kept our auto and flood insurance with Allstate, mainly because we didn't want the hassle of changing to a new provider. (I work a 12 hour, nightshift job and my wife was going through chemo.)

Needless to say, that was a HUGE mistake. Please refer to the Auto insurance complaints page to read about the horrors Allstate has inflicted upon us...and we are still absolutely blemish-free with our driving record. I pray to God that one day the right person will read these complaints and do something about Allstate. These people are absolutely committing criminal acts and are getting away with it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Allstate took advantage of me having PTSD and a disabled veteran. I lost everything. Left me homeless. Allstate never paid a dime. Cheated lied just so they wouldn’t have to pay my claim. I lost my family due to financial stress. Allstate could care less about their customers. Just profits.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have had Allstate Home Insurance since I purchased my home 15 years ago. I received a call from the agent stating they did a outside inspection and that in order for them to continue the policy I would have to remove a tree that was closer than 3 feet to my home. I them since the tree had been there since we bought the house, and they had pictures of the property, why was this now, 15 years later, seen as an unacceptable liability. The agent told me he didn't know and that he thought it was absurd; he would appeal the decision. He appealed the decision and told me Allstate denied the appeal, and unless I removed the tree they would not insure my home.

I again asked why, if they insured my home for 15 years with the tree, why would they now, not insure the home. No one could answer me, and it felt as if the decision was arbitrary, and without explanation. I contacted GEICO who readily insured my home and discovered the Allstate had been charging me almost 3 times the insurance rate, for 15 years. GEICO provided better insurance coverage for a 1/3rd of the cost. I am writing a letter to the insurance regulators in my State about the issue and to inform them of Allstate's practices. Caveat emptor!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I was a client of Allstate home and auto for 13+ years but this home claim made me leave. First, after I filed my claim a week passed without hearing from anyone so I called the 800 number where they said I wasn't covered (not true), called my local rep and they said that wasn't true and couldn't believe I hadn't heard from anyone. 10 days and the adjuster finally called to set an appointment. This entire 10 day period that was more rain than normal so the damage inside my home was getting worse, but I was told by the 800 number and my local rep there was a catastrophe team working the area and dealing with calls as they were of priority.

So basically I'm not a priority to Allstate. Thanks. The adjuster made a rude joke about in-laws in front of my husband and GC, which made us all cringe. He told me no hail damage and my roof had blisters that are like pimples. 4 GCs were on my roof and confirmed hail damage, the GC I chose is also an adjuster - he was flabbergasted by the report so we submitted a rebuttal. 10 mins after getting the email Allstate said they considered the claim closed and wouldn't be able to assist me. We have now found more damage from the roof and where water was coming in that wasn't immediately clear. Allstate is NOT where you're in good hands - they are THE WORST. Over 13 years with them and I left immediately.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have been with Allstate for almost three years now... I have never needed or called them until two months ago when my apartment was broke into... Allstate basically told me that there is no way that I could afford what I have... I even explain to Allstate how things were purchased. Now mind I that my husband and I both have good jobs. It has been over two months and no one has contacted me. I told the company that I was going to switch to a new company and the supervisor told me to go ahead and that he doesn’t care. The person doing the investigation stated that I was lying as well. I am so disappointed in Allstate and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate is one of America’s largest and most popular insurance companies. The company provides many types of insurance, including auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and more.

• Accessible: Allstate offers insurance across America, making it a convenient choice for a homeowners insurance policy no matter where a person lives.

• Reward programs: This company offers helpful programs for people who pay for protection but don’t need to use it, such as the claims-free rewards program,. Even if discount programs aren’t advertised, consumers should call or email their insurance representatives to ask about discounts, since many companies award them without publicizing them.

• Convenience: Allstate has an excellent Web presence and convenient online tools. Potential customers can request custom quotes via tools on the company’s website.

• Customer service: Allstate is a huge company, but it operates with thousands of local agents around the country.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, mobile home owners