Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes

Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Allstate Homeowners Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Allstate Homeowners Insurance Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

My roof was recently damaged by hail and wind. I filed a claim on Jan. 17, 2020. It took them until Jan. 28 to an adjuster come to my house. The inspector met with my contractor and reviewed the roof, both interior and exterior. Once the inspector was off the roof, she got the Allstate Adjuster, Chuck **, on the phone and began a 5 minute conversation flirting. Finally she put me on the phone with him. His 20 second response was he will call me back that evening with an estimate. The Inspector hung up the phone and told me, in front of my contractor I have a lot of hail damage. She then said she was off the rest of the day and would up load the pictures. At 5:00 PM Chuck called back to tell me he had not received anything from inspector and would call me the next day.

On Jan. 29 around 5:00 PM to tell me I did not have any hail damage so they would not be paying anything. I told him his inspector told me I had extensive hail damage. His response was to call me a liar. I hung up after that, infuriated. The next day I contacted my agent and we went over all pictures the inspector up loaded. All the pictures were so blurry you could hardly tell you were looking at a roof. My agent said he would request a review. On Friday Jan. 31 around 11 AM I received a phone call from Gerome ** who told me he was Chuck **'s supervisor. He told me he was agreeing with his adjuster even though the pictures were so bad. He insinuated I couldn't afford my deductible. So a second Allstate employee insulting a customer.

By the way I have been with Allstate for home car and motorcycle insurance for 13 years. I can guarantee you it will not be 14. I have contacted a professional adjustment firm to force Allstate to honor the policy. It is sad as a customer that never filed a claim to be treated in this manner. I would suggest you never consider Allstate for your insurance needs. They have proven to be dishonest.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Allstate Home Insurance is the worst, I had wind damage, hail damage leaking in 2 bedroom, attic and garage. They just found all excuses not paying my claim for the repair. With help of adjusters, we could not get the claim paid. They gave out small amount which was a joke. I been a customer for 17 years, with 5 autos insure by them, business and personal, I am changing all my autos, and home ins asap. I regret trusting them for almost 20 years, what a shame of company.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

In September 2019 we filed a claim, our first, with Allstate Insurance over a damaged roof that needed replacing. Shingles were literally falling off into one of the valleys of the pitched roof exposing felt paper and nail heads. Upon the arrival of the first Allstate claims analyst who brought with him a roof walker (one who actually walks the roof, documents damage, takes pictures etc.) and then shares with the Allstate analyst, who never steps foot on the roof, his findings, we were told there was no claim here and the claim was denied.

I then hired a Public adjuster who came out and walked the roof for 2 hours all the while documenting damage, both wind and hail. He was able to set up a second on-site adjustment with a catastrophic analyst who worked for Allstate and again when they showed up brought his roof walker as he and the Public Adjuster walked the roof and documented their findings. Even still Allstate Insurance denied the claim saying it was due to improper roof installation upon construction of the home.

Interesting position to take when you consider that Allstate Insurance approved two other claims just weeks prior to ours sight unseen. Allstate never stepped foot on either of those properties but did have a Skype session, email and phone call sessions with both policy holders. Their analysts were located in Idaho and Colorado while the property loss is located in Atlanta, GA. All of our roofs were installed by the same roofing company and all of them were 12 to 14 years in age. The implications was that we were somehow immune to the wind and hail damage that came through the same neighborhood over the same period of time and were thus unharmed by either. The photographic evidence shows anything but that.

Allstate Insurance runs 2 business models. It depends on what square you're standing on when you submit your claim. We clearly were standing on the wrong square yet they refuse to affirm our claim after over a decade of allegiance to them in premium payments. Their action has diminished the value of our property and will make it impossible to do two things: 1) Sell the home and 2) Change carriers until we replace the roof out of our own pockets. As a matter of interest one of the policy holders whose claim was approved lives 3 doors from us. I encourage everyone to read the McKinsey Documents when it comes to Allstate Insurance. It is they that helped fashion Allstate into a money making machine by re-engineering their business model that it is today. Deny, deny, deny! Even what they know are legitimate claims you will run the risk of being denied but won’t know unless you file a claim.

We will discontinue business with this company as soon as a new roof, at our expense, is put on. They have become part of the problem and the idea that "You're in good hands with Allstate" is nothing but a feckless effort by their marketing geniuses to get you to part with your hard earned money so they can add to their already deep pockets. Steer clear of this company at all costs. All efforts to our agent were as fruitless. Instead of being an advocate for us he turned his back on us and left the heavy lifting to us. Odd considering he gets a portion of the premium payments we make year in and year out for over a decade.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Allstate Home Insurance is worst compare with others. I had wind damage last year. They just found all excuses not paying our claim for the repair. With with help of adjusters, we could not get the claim paid. They gave out small amount which was a joke. At end, we dropped Allstate and switched another insurance. This year, we had storm and we got the claim approved no problem. Drop the Allstate, all they spend is on advertisement.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Biggest mistake was switching from Farmers to Allstate. After having a large amount of my personal belonging taken from my garage my mom told me to file a claim. That is what homeowner insurance is fit so I filed the claim next day. Follow to up with adjuster where I am told it would only to a few days to be handled. Well that was almost a month ago and I’m still waiting. First they were waiting on police report where in the beginning I was just to file it but it they did not need it to pay the claim. Now they couldn’t go any further until they had a copy of the report so I got them that. Now they got to verify something else. This is the worse I have ever been treated or felt like they thought I was lying or something. Who knows if I will ever get paid out on claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I am just like the other folks here that have sent in reviews on Allstate Homeowners Insurance. It's the same story - over 20 years with the company and roof damage. Allstate will only do the absolute minimum to satisfy the bottom line of the policy (they have done this twice now). My entire neighborhood's roofs have been replaced after a major damaging hail storm (100+ homes). I was the ONLY one that was told to go buy a pallet of shingles and get someone to effect repairs as the adjuster's "quotes" kept coming in at around $985.00 (I have a $1000.00 deductible).

I don't want to be lengthy or too over-the-top here, but I have great coverage now and am no longer under-insured (Allstate had my combined home and vehicles under-insured by nearly $20,000.00). To give SOME credit - I rarely had any issues with the auto policy or past auto claims. I did not feel like I was "in good hands" with this company - trust goes a long way - please shop around carefully for your own peace of mind. Also watch out for post-damage underwriting practices!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I was enticed to leave State Farm for All-state for my homeowner's insurance when I inherited my mother's house after her passing. The only reason I left was over the cheaper price of the auto. The house was a little more but after not even two months Without even notice, I get canceled. I only found out because I just happen to look my account page. Once I called them they said on the letter in the mail but the policy cancels in 2 weeks so I asked the reason. Canceled over a few damage section of siding. One part of a single missing some minor thing that could be repaired in a day.

They even complained about the construction debris pile I have in the back yet since I renovating the kitchen, but rather than tell me to correct these some issue they drop you out the blue, State farm issues this house for 10 years without this much B.S so IF you don't have a perfect little home they underwriters will shoot you down without a moment care. Don't waste your time. YOU NOT IN GOOD HANDS.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Was talked up a storm during signing up, but then once they got to look at my house and discovered some very minor things, they threatened to cancel my policy right from the get-go. After my initial panic haven't left my prior insurance company, I didn't give Allstate the chance to screw me over. I dropped them before they could drop me. Goodbye for Life, Allstate. You're a horrible company with horrible representatives, and you treat your customers horribly too. Go suck an egg. In fact, make it a dozen.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I was with Allstate for 30 years. I was always in good standing and filed only a few small claims over that time period. We were in need of a roof replacement due to wind and hail damage. Allstate would only approve replacement of the shingles. The shingles were discontinued, making it impossible to get the same shingles. They wanted us to have the contractor cut the available shingles down to size and use them to repair our roof. Since we needed over 45 shingles replaced, that would leave our roof looking like patchwork and inconsistent in the ability to protect our home. It was a poor solution to the problem.

We complained to Allstate about their denial. After another review, they still denied the claim. 30 years in premiums for auto and homeowners and they won’t pay out one $10,000 claim? We paid for our roof many times over with them. Be wary of a company that will gladly take your premiums but not pay out when you need insurance!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

A homeowners policy was cancelled because they claimed leaves were in my gutter, in October leaves do fall however I had a company clean my gutters and do gutter guards, So they cancelled. Not good for consumers.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate is one of America’s largest and most popular insurance companies. The company provides many types of insurance, including auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and more.

• Accessible: Allstate offers insurance across America, making it a convenient choice for a homeowners insurance policy no matter where a person lives.

• Reward programs: This company offers helpful programs for people who pay for protection but don’t need to use it, such as the claims-free rewards program,. Even if discount programs aren’t advertised, consumers should call or email their insurance representatives to ask about discounts, since many companies award them without publicizing them.

• Convenience: Allstate has an excellent Web presence and convenient online tools. Potential customers can request custom quotes via tools on the company’s website.

• Customer service: Allstate is a huge company, but it operates with thousands of local agents around the country.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, mobile home owners