2.06/5

Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

839 Allstate Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had my first claim with Allstate. It took over a month and still going, had a claim adjuster who per Allstate Transfer dept, never heard from them, no feedback no email nothing, your claim is not important it’s my feedback. Then followed by the worst hotel experience of all lifetime, Had a housekeeping manager who work for the hotel threaten me in front of my family just because I complained about not getting my room cleaned for 3 days. She came to the room to confront me. I had to call the cop to be left alone. The cop was the only person who was apologetic who heard both sides and ask them to leave me alone until check out. Of course it’s on their best interest to flip the story since the housekeeper manager should had been fired for the way she acted.

Being a little hotel the 4 worker are all title managers and of course they will cover for each others. I even believe some of them are relatives. Then here is the most important part. The claim adjuster was so rude he be-little my character. Please in the future it will be helpful to ask your Allstate claim agent to not come up with conclusion, if they don’t know both sides, or have facts of any occurred situation. Please pull the surveillance camera that’s all. Then the final estimate that I was given for repairs was a joke.

The contractor laugh when I showed him the estimate, first it took over one month to hear back from an Allstate agent, the claim was reported 8/17. It’s 9/19 I not yet received anything. The new adjuster said they should finish fast, then my personal item that got wet they said it cannot be priced so there will be no replacement cost for the toys it's insane, please that’s not the standard treatment from Allstate. They advertised great customer service great guidance, My experience is none of the above, My claim.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I decide to check prices. Their online quote was 564 a year. So I called and was ready to switch. Would have been a 800$ savings. They updated the quote by changing me to married from single. Increased dwelling 15k, decreased personal property $50k plus, and decreased additional living expense $54k. And said they run additional reports and it increased the price from $564 a year to $3525. They don't say what reports are but I own the house outright and never have any claims. Only bad thing is my credit. Few credit card ruined my score after letting them go due to an illness. No way bad credit should increase quote 600 percent.

If they are this dishonest in the beginning I can imagine how dishonest they would be if you had a claim if something happen. Some lawyer should file a class action lawsuit on them for false and misleading quotes to get you to be tried to pay 600 percent more. I can see a double in amount, but 600 percent. Come on now. I would suggest anyone who has them to do a check for cheaper insurance. I think you will be surprised. Imagine saving 600 percent with a company that isn't a 1-2 star review rating. Numbers show. Dump them and save. What's in my pocket they say? $2100 savings by not signing with them. Wow. And after you switch from them tell your friends and family how much you save and how much they are overpaying.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We had water damage from a broken water line and called our agent. The agent was good, got a claim filed, and got things moving. The claims adjuster then called and heard the story. Next thing I see, the claim is denied. The adjuster said that we knew there was a water leak and then left the house. Complete fabrication, how she got that from what we told her, I have no idea. She reopened the case but then closed it again, claiming that it was the responsibility of the condo insurance.

When I called to get clarification, she was rude and didn't stop making excuses and berating me for at least 5 minutes. I finally got her to stop talking for a moment and told her that the condo insurance simply needed information. She was snippy and said they have all they need. I know that Allstate is in the business of making money not paying claims but they could at least pretend to care about customers. They don't even have a pretense of caring. I cannot get hold of the claims agent anymore and even the condo insurance agent can't reach her. I've been paying for homeowners insurance for decades and have gotten precisely ZERO value from it. Do yourself a favor and go to a different insurance carrier. Hope you can find one that actually provides some value. In my experience, Allstate does not.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The worst insurance company. They don't trust you or believe you at all, I had all my photographer and DJ equipment stolen out my garage and because I didn't have receipts for my items it was a lost, I had the items for 4yrs. I didn't save receipts, I had the insurance for 2 yrs. They pretty much called me a liar and said, "We can't help you."

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Cheryl ** low balled me, questioned me, down talked to me for 30 minutes about my prescription glasses and other stolen property as if I was a liar. I have been a customer of Allstate for over 13 years and have never been disrespected in this manner. She mentioned there was over 20 optometrists in Arcadia and said she can not just call and get a number, well I did just that in a matter of minutes. 3 locations gave me a price of $400 to start for non-economy glasses with prescription, not one place but 3 and not one denied giving a price over the phone. Mind you this price is to start. I can only hope this lady doesn't nickel and dime me on all my personal belongings after getting my car stolen. Allstate get it together, this is ridiculous to have to put your customers thru after a loss...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Good evening. My name is Brandy ** and I reported a Property Claim (Renters) on August 1, 2018. I have gone back and forth with one of the claims investigators about completing my claim. He originally asked me to verify my whereabouts, he stated that he called the Hotel and information was given to him by a worker. I don't know what exactly was said to him because I was not on that phone call with him, that phone call he placed to the hotel was placed without my knowledge. Upon making several attempts to contact him and his Supervisor for 2 days we received a call back from the supervisor Tuesday August 21 and it was explained to him that he wanted me to verify our whereabouts and I asked his supervisor would calling on a conference call to the Hotel be sufficient to prove my whereabouts, He stated yes that would be suffice.

Upon talking to the investigator on August 22 stating that there was a call to his supervisor and he stated that calling on a conference call to the Hotel would be sufficient to prove my whereabouts he also agreed that that would be sufficient. The call was placed on August 24 on a recorded conference call with him on the line and on the recorded phone call the Supervisor of the Hotel in Los Angeles verified my whereabouts at the time which then verified my whereabouts. I am baffled at the fact that I have been calling him and his Supervisor since Wednesday evening August 29 and have not gotten a callback.

As of today September 4, 2018 my claim has not yet been approved when the Supervisor as well as himself stated that the conference call would be suffice if the hotel verified my stay which they did. After my whereabouts were verified he moved on now to something else. He asked about the flight and I am baffled to the fact of him the investigator asking how I got to the Hotel in LA which has no bearings on my claim on how I got there as long as my whereabouts were verified which the Hotel has already verified to him my whereabouts. I asked that my claim be approved based on the information provided by the hotel supervisor verifying my whereabouts.

I am not getting any returned phone calls from either of them and I have called for the past 2 days and so has my agent whom I informed about this situation and said that I would be cancelling my insurance due to me feeling targeted against and treated very harsh and the unprofessionalism that I am experiencing with Allstate, My Agent stated that he would try and call the person and his supervisor to try and rectify the matter before I cancel. I still don’t have a approved claim. Still waiting.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have been a long-time customer of Allstate for almost 18 years. I have never been late on a payment, missed a payment or filed a claim. I recently received a letter saying that an inspector would be coming by to do a visual inspection of our house for renewal of our policy. The house was very clearly undergoing a major renovation including replacement of siding, windows and upcoming replacement of the roof. The roof had 2 broken shingles which came off during a recent wind storm. There was also a piece of soffit which had fallen down. Allstate sent a letter indicating that they would not be renewing the policy based on these items. This is not the first time that Allstate has targeted good clients.

The first time was in 2010 when, after a loss of a job, Allstate raised my rate because they said that my husband's credit rating dropped, again I should mention that we had never missed or made a late payment. I guess they either considered us a risky client and/or were looking to make some additional money. It is very clear that Allstate does not want me as a client, I just wish I had made the decision long ago to drop them as I have since found a new homeowners at almost half the rate that Allstate was charging for the exact same coverage. Additionally, I thought I would share that when I received the non-renewal letter, I contacted my agent who openly stated that Allstate is weeding out homeowner's policies.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have been with Allstate Homeowners Insurance for over 14 years. I filed my very first claim for wind and hail damaged which happened last year around summer time, I filed my claim on Sep 2017 and the process is still crawling. It is extremely slow and frustrating process to deal with them. I have paid them for years and now when I have filed this very first claim I am not being properly treated as their customer. Instead after so many month literally I am treated them as my customer. I am doing all the paperwork, working with contractors who are not willing to work when they find out this is AllState, working with City where they should have done all the work for me and so more.

They are making sure to drain my energy and time so that I give up, which I will not. They don’t return my calls or email respond on time. I am chasing them almost every day and they respond once in a while. They make all sort of excuses to deliberately delay the case, sometime their adjuster forget to upload something in their system so it is waiting on somebody else in the department to review and approve and I have no control on knowing what the process behind the scene is. Their estimate to do complete siding job for my house is $3,000. While the cheapest estimates I have gotten from contractors are in $20,000. So when it comes to pay they will pay you peanuts. I wishes I knew all that and have switched to a better company.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

My wife and I had the unfortunate incident of having a sewer line in our condo break in the wall behind our kitchen sink. Our kitchen was flooded with sewage all the way into our living room. Water is one of the most damaging things that can happen in your house and when it is sewage, it is so much worse. We tried our best to soak up the sewage, but we had a laminate floor and liquid came up between the seams on every step. We needed help!

I called the Allstate claim line and one of the first questions asked was if we needed help and I said yes. They said that help was on the way and we'd have a call from an emergency water cleanup team within 2 hours. We were way in over our heads and this was such a relief to our ears. 2 hours later we got a call, but not the one we were expecting. Allstate called back and said that no one was coming. I asked why and they said until responsibility for the damage was established, they wouldn't be sending anyone.

I needed to upload the HOA's covenants and insurance policy and they would be assessed on Monday. This was Saturday and my kitchen is covered in sewage. Every minute that went by was causing more damage as the sewage soaked into the subfloor, walls, and swelled the laminate & cabinets. I had no choice but to rip up the flooring and do my best to get the sewage sucked up. This was horrible and nasty work that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Monday comes and nothing. No call from Allstate, no e-mail, no update in the online claim center. Midday I call my local agent and ask for help. I'm asking what to do, what to document, when an adjuster will be out. They're more or less helpless as it is being handled by a claims team in Kansas City. Tuesday morning comes and I finally get a call from a water recovery company that says they'll be coming out near the end of the day. I and my wife continue to strip the soaked kitchen and take pictures along the way showing everything. By the time they arrive with a crew everything is out of the kitchen down to the subfloor. They look around, snap a few pictures, and test for how wet things are. Yup, they're wet and all they can offer at this point is to leave a dehumidifier with the warning that Allstate has authorized no payment to them, so the bill is mine.

I call and leave messages for the claims team, but no response until Thursday morning. Claim denied. What? No adjuster has been there, I have provided no pictures to Allstate and nothing more beyond the initial claim. I protested, how could they come to this conclusion with no inspection. The person on the phone stated that they looked at the pictures from the water recovery company and determined it was not a covered claim. The rationale was that there was some mold behind the cabinets, so the water damage was an ongoing condition and the flooring was already damaged before the flood. I argued that there was no mold on the laminate, under-layment, floor, or subfloor and I had the pictures to prove it. She wouldn't accept the pictures and said that an adjuster would have to come out to inspect. Great! Send them out. Ok, they'll be there in a week.

Can you imagine what it would be like to live with a kitchen soaked in sewage for nearly 2 weeks? I begged them to come out sooner, but she refused. I told them that I couldn't be without a kitchen for that long and had to continue to work on the kitchen as we had to have a place to live. They said there was nothing they would do and the schedule is the schedule. I agreed to the appointment, but told them that all there would be left to look at then would be pictures. She then summarily closed the claim.

I escalated to her supervisor and he was no help. He said the claim was already closed and would not be reopened because I refused to allow an inspection. I told him that was a lie and I would meet the adjuster, but there would only be pictures to review by that time. He said that was the same as refusing. I asked if this had happened to his own home, would he leave sewage soaking for 2 weeks while waiting for an adjuster to show up? He said no, but that was what he was asking me to do.

My local agent assessed my pictures and agreed that the mold and the water damage were two different incidents. He escalated and tried to have the claim reopened, but after a full month, the response was if the damage couldn't be inspected, the claim would remain closed. I'm not as upset about the claim denial as I am the lack of service that I thought I was paying for. I always justified paying the higher premiums for Allstate because if something big happened, they'd be there to help. The only thing the "good hands" at Allstate are for is collecting your premiums. Prior to this incident I had been an Allstate Homeowner customer for 25 years and had never had a single claim. This is how Allstate treats their long-term customers, look for other reviews with similar stories. I won't be a customer for much longer.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

August 7th, 2018. AllState * My mother has been a faithful customer to your company for the past 39 years. She has not missed a payment, been late on a payment, nor ever filed a claim. Considering these facts alone, she as well as I expected to be met with excellent customer service, we expected to have an experience completely different from the one we had on August 1st, 2018, when your company sent a inspector to come to our home in response to the call I made on July 30th, 2018, when inquiring for your company's assistance with this nightmare that has fallen upon us.

I received a frantic call from my mother who had been watering her plants in the backyard for 30 minutes or so, when she entered the house again and within a few steps found the kitchen floor wet and looked up towards the bathroom where the water was coming from. Sewage water reaching what looked like to be the edge of every room! She ran back out of the house and called me, upon which I had to leave work. I arrived to a disaster. I too was only able to walk in but a few steps from the doorway to find sewage water everywhere and immediately turned off the water and started to research plumbing companies on Craigslist, as it was obvious the toilet was overflowing and toilets are a plumbers job! I thought I handled the situation the best I knew how to.

I made sure the company I found was licensed, insured, had good reviews and was family owned. They arrived to the house and after investigating everything stated that this was an issue that their joint restoration company would handle. They too arrived and immediately started extracting the water, taking pictures and demoing. They also moved our furniture and such into a pod in our driveway so as to minimize the damage to our personal belongings as the water was wicking everywhere. It seemed to me that they were doing a great job handling everything beautifully and efficiently!

Upon welcoming the inspector with a smile and a handshake into our home, I was reciprocated with an unprofessional, rude, and cranky man who portrayed an attitude of arrogance and negativity. He showed nothing of your acclaimed motto, that we were ‘in good hands,’ as immediately he began to interrogate me and criticize every aspect of our situation. I was given no reassurance, no compassion, and no empathy for what has happened to the home that has housed our family for the past 39 years. I made it clear to him that this was our first time ever dealing with an issue like this, and for that reason we really didn't know anything about it. Yet he continued to speak to me as if I should have known what he was talking about, accusing me of handling the matter wrong and not asking enough questions.

I respectfully told him we handled this issue the best we knew how considering the circumstances- like how for example my father was murdered 20 years ago on August 2nd, 1995 right in front of my mother, hence there has not been a man of the house- who, in this household, was the person who handled matters such as these and knew the logistics in matters such as these. Not only that, but my brother was then murdered 13 years ago on August 5th, 2005. Two tragedies that my mother and the rest of the family have to deal with for the rest of time, not only through the loss of their lives, but also through the loss of being equipped with the knowledge of what to do in situations such as these.

We have gotten through life without them as we have had to, but it has been anything but easy and usually we end up spending money we don't have for such services. Our experiences can be summed up by mostly having been taken advantage of financially and left with poor quality work. My mother has in the past few years survived breast cancer, as well as a stroke. I being the only one left she can rely on, have exhausted myself in trying to make sure that I'm there for whatever she needs as the pain that this family has been through and continues to carry forever is excruciating enough. I'm scared for my mother's health, and stress only adds to her possibility of another stroke and more health issues. She lives alone, and gets depressed easily- left with her thoughts as her only companion.

It's pathetic how her insurance company, to whom she has been faithful to for decades, specifically, YOUR company that is in place to insure her, YOUR company which, by YOUR classification as her ‘homeowners insurance,’ should represent one of assistance and support to her, as a company supposedly on her side, has made it clear by YOUR employees’ actions that you are not on her side, that you are rather here to interrogate our problem solving ethics, with obvious self serving intentions in not approving our claim in the manner which the inspector did, as quickly as he did, without having even seen any report from the plumbing/general contracting company yet.

I explained I was who was handling the matter for my mother who doesn't speak nor understand English well, and who appoints me to help her with all her needs. We are talking about a woman who has never and still does not drive, who only knows how to use a landline to communicate with people, who uses an iPad just to play games her games on, and who relies on myself for everything else be it appointment setting, medication taking and refilling, reminders to shower when I am present in the house, transportation, grocery shopping, laundry and the upkeep of her home.

I made it clear to the inspector, I was the one with whom he needed to speak, as I was also the one who made the claim- a claim your company gave me a claim number for per my call, during which, not once was I asked to hand the phone to my mother for permission to speak to me, nor was I asked at that point in time for any signed waiver from my mother to allow your company to speak to me. Instead my call was accepted and I was given the claim number on which your inspector was dispatched to our home.

Considering all this, and considering my obvious concern and continuously stated concern for my mother's health, I'm not sure why your inspector proceeded to demand to speak to my mother herself, who I had to do the translating for anyway! I repeated again, that I was keeping my mother from going to the other side of the house where the work was being done, because if she sees the house in the manner that it is, she will become unglued. She did not know the details of what was going on on over there, yet your inspector then not only started interrogating her but told her all the details of the condition of the house in its current state, asking her why certain things were removed, and rudely stating that she is going to have to pay thousands of dollars to fix the problem.

He completely neglected to take my pleads into consideration, and my mother's health into consideration. That is and of itself complete disrespect on his part. It is rare that my mother cries in front of anyone let alone strangers, yet when he got done with her she was in tears! This employee of yours left us in shock, left us feeling confused, abandoned, disrespected and taken advantage of after how loyal we have been to AllState for near 4 decades of payment and we are ready to fight this in the name of justice until justice is served, because not only has your company been unprofessional and unethical in helping our misfortune, but your lack of respect, consideration and customer service skills by not only your inspector but your supervisor is uncalled for! It's just not right.

I contacted AllState again on August 6th, requesting to speak to a supervisor regarding the horrible treatment we had experienced with the inspector. I had to leave 2 messages that day as he was on the field. It wasn't until the next day when I called again in attempts to reach him, that I finally got through to the supervisor. He as well employed the same cold cut manner in which the inspector had. It became obvious that their foul attitude and rude personalities were due to the fact that they did not want to cover the expenses it would take to fix my mother's home.

How dare your employees be so blatant and concerned about nothing more than the finances in this matter! I received a letter in the mail the same day, which stated our claim was denied. I don't believe the way your company is approached this matter nor the way you handled this matter was appropriate nor just on so many levels. It is because of that which I am writing to you now, and will fight this until we are given an apology and some sort of amends for the way we were treated. Honestly we need to see some kind of justice here. Sincerely Not Happy.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was a customer of Allstate (auto, home and umbrella policy) for over 20 years. About three years ago we adopted a German Shepherd pup. Our pup got out of our gate, bounded up to a neighbor and nipped him. We spoke with the neighbor and he was willing to overlook the nip (I think he paid 47$ for a shot that we agreed to repay). For good measure, we called Allstate to get advice - an adjuster ended up calling our neighbor and ‘settling’ with him for a sum of $500. The adjuster then called us and recommended that we give up the dog. We weren’t willing to do that, and the next thing we experienced was a letter from Allstate dropping our homeowners coverage.

Not only did we feel that the adjuster dealt poorly with our neighbor (he seemed more upset after speaking with the adjuster), but it became clear that our 20 years as a customer didn’t buy us any credit with Allstate. As we spoke with other insurance companies, we described our experience tentatively (we were worried that we weren’t insurable, given Allstate’s reaction to our dog). We found that the opposite was true - we’re happily insured, our German Shepherd has won 3 titles in obedience, and we wouldn’t consider going back to Allstate given our experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Have had Allstate ins for many years. Recently had a home inspection and received a letter stating no renewal of my policy unless I replaced the roof. No one had the courtesy of a phone call to let me know when this was to take place. Along with the letter was some xerox copies of pictures supposedly of my roof. The quality was so poor you could not make out what they were. The roof has 2-3 more years of use then will need replacing. First, entering a person's property without permission is trespassing and also rude. Second, persons doing these inspections are neither code officers or license contractors so are not qualified to make any judgements or take pictures. Great way to get rid of older homes to make the bean counters happy, bye Allstate!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been a customer with Allstate for over 17 years. My home and auto has been covered with Allstate. In 17 years, I have had 1 one claim. I relocated and transferred my coverage to Dallas, TX which resulted in a 30% increase upon renewal! I was told because I lost a discount. The discount was given upon logging into the Allstate website and clicking a button! No one bothered to tell me that my discount was in jeopardy or that in order to keep my CURRENT RATE, I needed to click a button for no paper mail which was done! It had been selected for one of my policies however I was supposed to select it for all.

To add insult to injury; I had not received any paper mail from Allstate! I received a bill via EMAIL with the higher rate. When I inquired WHY my rate went up, it took them a while to find it. Once we determined the problem, I was told that there was nothing that could be done until my next renewal! I had to pay the higher premiums. So much for Loyalty. No one from the Corporate office even bothered to call me once they were told of the problem/concern. A customer of 17+ years just ignored. I look forward to ignoring them very soon. Allstate just wants your money. Customer Service is below 1 star.

Original review: July 6, 2018

An insured worst nightmare. The person that takes your money (the agent) is great and very responsive but when it came time to process a claim, they are horrible. We experienced a hit and run when a car had backed into the building. This caused extensive damage. There's a hole in the exterior stucco wall, the floor to ceiling window frame is completely damaged (miraculously, the glass was not broken). On the interior, a support wall was moved 2-3 inches from the foundation and the adjacent bathroom sustained complete damage. The vanity sink was push and moved 6 inches off and water leaked as a result. The ceiling was damage with 2 inches wide cracks.

Allstate sent out their contracted field estimator. He took pictures and measurements but complained that he was not able to see the extent of the foundation damage because the drywalls were not removed. I authorized him to remove whatever he needed but he declined to do so. So he continued to take his measure, gave me his card and said that he will forward the report to Allstate within a couple of days and it will be assigned to the "Major Damage" department. I asked what constitute "major damage" and he states that damage above $75,000.00. Several days passed and I didn't hear back from Allstate. I called, they stated that the estimator need to come back out to assess the extent of the foundation damage but we would need to open up the walls.

By this time, I was advised to get my own contractor for estimates. One of these contractor came out, open some of the dry walls and within three days, gave me an estimate for the repairs. With the walls open, I contacted Allstate and they sent the same estimator out. One week after this second visit, I was presented an estimate from Allstate and they say the check was on the way. I reviewed the estimate and I couldn't believe what I saw of the first page, they couldn't even get the measurements right. The above mentioned floor to ceiling window is 3 ft. x 8 ft., they came back with a 36 in. x 50 in. windows. Two of the doors are 36 in. wide and but they measured it to be 30 in. Their estimate was at 12 % (and the check the issued) of what my contractor estimate. We all know that insurance adjusters are going to low ball but this cannot be legal.

Now, they've hired their own general contractor to take over this claim. They submitted a revised estimate that is more the double the prior offer. Interesting enough, I asked this new general contractor, that in that case, I am going to use you guys to get the do the work. They refused, stating that they were hired just to do the estimate, not the work. So it looks like they are going to estimate how much it should cost someone else to do the work. But for them to do the work, it would be much more. This can not be legal. It is on-going for three plus months and there's no resolution. Will post any updates.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Over the years we've had several claims on our home and Allstate has been excellent on their assistance and payments for damages, offering assistance when needed, often without our asking.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We had some damage to our home from a wind/hail storm. I had siding on the ground, and you could see dents. They sent their claim assessor out, and he said "there is damage, however, there is some old storm damage, so because I am not sure what is new and what is old, not covering." This was 2 days after my husband passed away. I got different homeowner's insurance, and cancelled Allstate. They continued to take the monthly premiums out of my account. I then called the agent again, and said this is to be cancelled, I have insurance thru a different company, and, since my husband passed, and the account is in his name, needs to be closed. Now, I get a bill (under my late husband's name) from a collection agency. Now, the estate is closed, they needed to respond if owed any money by Feb. 14, 2017. Ummmm, good luck!! Shady, shady company!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

Allstate is a great Insurance company. But it's the agents you have to watch. Not all agents are the same. Some are great, always available to answer your question or concerns and will get back to you quick as possible if they have to research the answer. But with others you would have better chance of getting answers from the dead.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My agent is great and I have great coverage. The problem is that insurance is extremely high in Michigan and even more expensive within the city of Detroit.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have file three claim after major storms. My claims have all been denied. My neighbors have received more than one roof from two of the storm but according to Allstate I had NO damage. The damage is visible from the street.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Long story short! We switched to Allstate from the Farm. House, wife’s car, my truck, 2 boats, 2 jet skis. I guess they seen dollar signs. After they inspected house, a week later they wrote the policy, told me I was ok to cancel other policies. FYI house is 11 year old custom house!!! Several weeks later agents worker called said they have a problem with roof shingles. Some was curling and they was going to cancel policy if we didn’t fix it. He said once letter goes out we would have 60-90 days to fix problem! Lies. Letter came and just cancel notice followed a few days later by a check for balance past cancellation date! No time to even fix or even option to do anything about it! Called Chris ** Office 3 times no return phone call! Liars and crooks. Stay away. Going back to the Farm. Worth twice as much! Beware of the bait and switch! You're in good hands! Haha. Funniest ** I ever heard???

Original review: June 13, 2018

My Allstate agent is great. He makes a tremendous effort to give exceptional service. Most people want cheap insurance but then they are shocked when their claims are not paid! Allstate is not cheap but you get what you pay for, and they pay claims fairly.

Original review: June 12, 2018

When we experienced a plumbing failure the house was flooded. But our Allstate agent was right there for us and they arranged for Servpro and put us in touch with a contractor. The repairs were done fast and professionally. Our adjuster was very prompt, efficient and handled her end just as well. Overall for such a bad experience, this was handled as painlessly as possible.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I’ve been with this company since 1965 and have my auto and home and have never had any problems over the years with claims. In fact just the opposite the service has been fantastic and I’ve had claims over the years and they’ve all been filled to my satisfaction and sometimes above what I expected. All my family members are with Allstate and they have the same experience.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I've had Allstate for 5 years and as far as customer service goes I am very happy with them because they do give you prompt and reliable customer service.

Original review: June 10, 2018

During Hurricane Katrina I received minor damages to my home, but one thing I can say about Allstate is that they were there for me and all its customers in Slidell. Allstate set up a Claim tent at Home Depot parking lot. And was truly there. The service was excellent... I won't ever forget that. It’s true what they say on the TV Commercials, (YOU'RE IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE).

Original review: June 9, 2018

Never had any problems when filing claims for damages. Staff is friendly and ready to help you wih your questions or needs. Convenient location and easy access in calling or emailing with any questions.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I had one claim on roof damage with Allstate. Their claim process was easy, they reacted quickly and an appraiser was on site quickly. Their appraiser was thorough and quick. His appraisal was fair and payments were made to my checking account immediately. The appraiser went above and beyond and provided alternative roof types and their cost. He also reviewed and approved the bid I received from a roofing contractor. The entire process was painless and fair.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Been with them for over 30 years and wouldn’t dream of changing - have used them for renters; car; and now homeowners. Best company support and best customer relations.

Original review: June 6, 2018

June 06, 2018 Called to get Home Insurance quote. Carlos, mentioned to start the process and get a better quote, they have to run my Credit Report and Driving Record. My concern is that, why do they have to run my Credit and Driving Record, if I'm not applying for a credit card, buy a car, etc. So, beware of their requirements and ask questions.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Beware! Allstate claim adjusters are not your side! My mother is the policyholder of this horrible homeowners insurance. She's been with Allstate over 40yrs. In April of 2018, I called in a claim for roof damage. Her claim adjuster was Anthony **. He was very unhelpful. He treated my mother's claim like the money was coming out of his pocket, maybe that's Allstate guideline for these adjusters. After he quoted how much he would give for repairs, which ridiculously low, and sent the check. He closed my mom's claim.

We could not a contractor that could do the repairs for check amount. He kept saying, that the contractor was trying to put a different type of material (roll roofing) and it needed to be the exact material that was already on the roof. He could tell this from picture he was looking at in Alabama. After calling, which, he would not call back, and contacting his supervisor, Angela ** who never returned my calls. We finally got this resolved this month, June.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate is one of America’s largest and most popular insurance companies. The company provides many types of insurance, including auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and more.

• Accessible: Allstate offers insurance across America, making it a convenient choice for a homeowners insurance policy no matter where a person lives.

• Reward programs: This company offers helpful programs for people who pay for protection but don’t need to use it, such as the claims-free rewards program,. Even if discount programs aren’t advertised, consumers should call or email their insurance representatives to ask about discounts, since many companies award them without publicizing them.

• Convenience: Allstate has an excellent Web presence and convenient online tools. Potential customers can request custom quotes via tools on the company’s website.

• Customer service: Allstate is a huge company, but it operates with thousands of local agents around the country.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, mobile home owners