Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare Quotes
Allstate Homeowners Insurance
3.80/5

Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

885 Allstate Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 11, 2019

We recently had severe wind damage done to our swimming pool. I thought for sure it would be a real hassle even inquiring about homeowner's coverage on it. Well let me tell you - Mr. James ** was by far the BEST customer service agent I have ever worked with. I have never been happier with a company. He followed up quickly and answered all of my questions. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality, professional and honest insurance carrier. Thank you James, you made a very disheartening event so much easier to navigate through!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Our sump pump discharge line leaked and flooded our unfinished basement on Jan 20, 2019. We quickly reported and very the same day my agent sent a message if he could be of any help. This has been our first claim ever and perhaps our expectations were not proportionate and felt that the things were not moving quickly while we were sitting on water soaked non salvageable items to be assessed. As of today, Feb the 7th, our claim is settled to our satisfaction. Thanks to Debra ** and Tim ** from the Claims department and our agent Tony ** for getting this concluded.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I WAS IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE INSURANCE. They handled wind damage last year and did pay for the damages and paid for the repair. I liked that they repaired any damage to my property and did the claim process very fast. I have been with them for over 30 years and I'm very happy and satisfied with them and have no plans to change my policy with them. I liked that they provide good service and handle any and all claims quickly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

They are very prompt and easy to deal with and are so easy to converse with. They understand my needs at crucial times. They want to upgrade the policy at least bi-yearly which I don't like because if I want any upgrades I will notify them. They also want me to change any other insurance I have with them. Other than that, their rate is much better in my region of the country which is South so I feel I get more bang for the buck. My agent is also a personal friend. The location and access of their office is very much in my location.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Our neighbor’s dead tree fell on our condo and we need a new roof. Their insurance is the number one worst insurance-Allstate. Of course, they denied claim. No wonder they are the worst insurance company according to the internet. Why did they deny? They said we needed to write a letter to our neighbors notifying them they had a dead tree!! Really? As if they didn’t already know! They must pull the reasons for their denials out of their book of stupidity. I will tell anyone who will listen, stay as far away from Allstate as you can and hope your neighbor doesn’t have it or this can happen to you too!!! PS. They don’t deserve one star but you had to fill in at least one for this review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I had a fire in my home almost 30 days ago. Since then all I’ve gotten when I ask what is going on are vague responses. On top of that they don’t want to pay for my personal gear for scuba diving. I use it as therapy yet they’re giving me a hard time about it. I feel I’ve been bullied and not told the whole truth. I’m about ready to get a lawyer and they can pay for it. Because of this I have become physically ill and so has my youngest child.

At some point I will be looking for a different homeowners insurance. I don’t want to deal with people who don’t give straight answers. On top of that they don’t believe What I say. They would rather believe what’s on their paper whole different issue. The company they hired said I turned them away from boarding at my house when no one ever showed up to my house. I told him I had five witnesses to prove so they don’t want to listen to that. They only want to go by what’s on their paper and called me a liar. Would not recommend them to anyone ever at this point.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I've been an Allstate customer for almost 30 years. I've had home insurance for 17 or 18. Forgetting bad experiences with Allstate approved car repair, let's just focus on home insurance. We had bad damage from trees during a record breaking storm. I ended up calling out Allstate to help with holes in our roof. They quickly, within a week, sent me a check. I was thankful, but cautious. I then reached out again - to fulfill code requirements for a new roof. I was assured by my agent and and two adjusters that I had the code rider and that they would pay for everything.

I was told I needed to get a permit to access insulation requirements. As soon as I did as was requested, my adjust just happened to go on holiday and so I had a new adjuster. She denied claim the next day. I fought and argued, and got it reopened. Then it was denied again. No one told me. In fact, I was told a conversation I had with my adjuster never happened. I was bullied by my adjuster. He was mean. When I started asking for documents, they quickly had a change of heart (after arguing with me for TWO MONTHS). The day after the check arrived, I got another letter saying they were going to inspect my home. When I mentioned to my agent that it was a waste of time (who resides a home before the gutters go on?), I was told it was the inspection was random. So in all the years I had home insurance, prior to the claim, I never "randomly" got an inspection. But now I do?

I was told by a broker that Allstate had me under-insured for 240k. 240k. Think about that. What if the house burnt down. 240k. Go elsewhere. This company quickly responds but in its own interest. Overpriced but underinsured. Lied to. Manipulated. So not worth it. Like I said, go elsewhere. When you really need to be in good hands, this company will make sure they make you go away with half a leg.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I like to pay in full every year to avoid any charges. I did for the first year and I got a bill for the second year and paid in full. Somehow it wasn’t the full amount. Without realizing there was a 19 dollar balance and the year went by and it was time to pay again for the third year. They gave me a different amount. I said why? They said, "Because you have a balance." I said I paid in full. They said, "You didn’t. You now owe 52 dollars.' I said when I got the bill it told me to pay this specific amount so I did. They didn’t want to help me remove the 30 dollars in fees. After a battle they refused to help me period. They kept sending me back and forth to multiple people telling me to go back to the previous person. Worst customer service. I was disgusted. Thad ** was the agent.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a very bad experience. While on the phone getting a quote for my home was normal, I was surprised later (10 days) that I paid for my neighbors home because the person who quoted it for me, at some point decided to change my address (one digit mistake) and started a nightmare. I thought it will be an easy fix. They re-quoted and wanted me to pay a lot more, when my home is smaller and cheaper, same year and same conditions (general), I do agree that with the correction the premium should change, but not at the point that I felt like they set me a trap and now want me to pay a very expensive premium and not taking responsibility for their MISTAKE.

Needless to say I had to get my home insurance for another company...All this in 20 days, because their people were on vacation, finally today they cancelled (at my request) "my neighbors" homeowners policy and will take them 10 DAYS to reimburse me my money... ONE MONTH WITH NO MONEY AND NO INSURANCE!!!! Very unethical, I cannot imagine if something happened to my home during this period, even when I was told, I assured by phone, my home was covered. They took my money since day one. I did not have a policy with my address. No way to trust them...

Original review: June 24, 2019

We have a rental condo in Knoxville. A neighbor’s dead tree fell on our condo and made a hole in the roof. The neighbor made a claim and Allstate refused to pay. I called Allstate claims department and asked why. They said it was possibly a wind storm and an act of God! I said there was no wind and I have pictures of my neighbor’s dead tree, grey with age. They still refused to pay. Now I have to make a claim, pay $1,000 deductible and my insurance says NO wind storm and my rates will go up!! I hate Allstate, this is dishonest!!!

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate is one of America’s largest and most popular insurance companies. The company provides many types of insurance, including auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and more.

• Accessible: Allstate offers insurance across America, making it a convenient choice for a homeowners insurance policy no matter where a person lives.

• Reward programs: This company offers helpful programs for people who pay for protection but don’t need to use it, such as the claims-free rewards program,. Even if discount programs aren’t advertised, consumers should call or email their insurance representatives to ask about discounts, since many companies award them without publicizing them.

• Convenience: Allstate has an excellent Web presence and convenient online tools. Potential customers can request custom quotes via tools on the company’s website.

• Customer service: Allstate is a huge company, but it operates with thousands of local agents around the country.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, mobile home owners