2.14/5

Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

862 Allstate Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Do not get your home insured by Allstate. In 2017 my house was hit by a tornado. The Allstate adjuster said they would not pay to have the roof replaced, only partial to the back of the home. A year later mold emerged on the inside front of the house which was caused by underlying damage now found on the front roof. I trusted this company to protect my asset however when the time came Allstate went with the cheap repair and now I have more damage to the home as a result. When I opened a new claim the clown show started, the claim was opened, closed, opened again, closed, never paid. I had 5 different people from their company call me, all on the same team with conjecture and speculation, everything except acknowledging the house being hit by a tornado. Most disturbing experience. I have filed a grievance with the State Insurance of Kentucky where the house is located and canceled my insurance with them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Our sump pump discharge line leaked and flooded our unfinished basement on Jan 20, 2019. We quickly reported and very the same day my agent sent a message if he could be of any help. This has been our first claim ever and perhaps our expectations were not proportionate and felt that the things were not moving quickly while we were sitting on water soaked non salvageable items to be assessed. As of today, Feb the 7th, our claim is settled to our satisfaction. Thanks to Debra ** and Tim ** from the Claims department and our agent Tony ** for getting this concluded.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have had Allstate homeowners insurance for over 17 years and never submitted a claim. I received a letter in the mail a few months ago saying that they have been trying to get a hold of the property owners to schedule an inspection but have been unable to, therefore the policy will be cancelled December 27, 2018. I contacted them and provided all updated contact details. They confirmed that they sent an inspector out to the property.

I called numerous times and followed up via email with the agent and to date nothing! Each time I called, I was put on hold for five minutes or more and then told that the inspection report is being reviewed by the underwriter. Obviously Allstate knows exactly what they are doing. Based on the reviews so far, it looks like they are trying to get rid of older properties. They are shady and unprofessional. There needs to be some tighter regulations to keep them in check. They should not have the right to cancel your insurance like that. Go with another company that has some integrity! I don’t recommend them—stay away!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

In the winter of 2017, my mother's house suffered major damage from a winter storm. When we discovered the mess, we immediately called Zion Restoration for cleanup. They are a VERY reasonable and reliable company. After careful inspection they gave us an estimate of $34,525.20 for repairs. Allstate said they didn't have to cover any of the damage since they were not the first company to see the damage. Allstate came up with a total of $7,654.33 for repairs. This didn't include the roof over the bedroom which had to be replaced.

They claimed the damage was due to lack of maintenance! More than a year later, independent engineer was hired by Allstate and he noted that the damage was caused by the water and snow not lack of care! To date, two years later, we have received less than $10,000 for repairs. We don't have enough money to replace the carpet or furniture. The bedroom remains unusable! I have been transferred to at least 8 different departments and each department doesn't know what the other one has done. It is so frustrating! My mother has carried insurance with Allstate for more than 50 years and has never made a claim! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! You are NOT in good hands!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I paid for insurance all my life and never had to use it...until now. Neighbor flooded my adjoining unit and nobody ever showed up to help us through the process. We were left to figure it out ourselves. Well 4 months later through a Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday we were left without our dining room and living room furniture due to an ongoing claim that the HOA insurance is responsible. Allstate just doesn't care about its customer. The floors and walls were fixed but they never wanted to pay for the storage of our household goods or the return of them. Their concern with liability and costs is more important than the comfort and concerns of their customer. Do not patronize this company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Ten years ago, my wife and I were shopping around for a fair insurance company for home-car-flood coverage. We were surprised that Allstate, the 3rd largest insurance company in America, offered such reasonable quotes. We were impressed with the agency that we chose, as we had never met so many friendly, smiling and concerned people in our life. We are currently in our late 50s, and have never made any type of insurance claim, and have never even had so much as a parking ticket. Basically, we live a safe and modest blue-collar life on a very modest budget. We set up our insurance payments electronically, which of course means Allstate gets their money on time year after year.

Fast forward six years. My wife and I are still the safe and cautious people we have always been, still claim free and living a modest life. Our homeowner's policy had increased well over a 100% by this time. My agent explained that was because so many other people are filing claims. Still in the 6th year with Allstate, we had a very bad storm come through our town, and it appeared to damage our roof, as some of the shingles were standing straight up. My wife and I were clueless about insurance claims, so we called our agent to point us in the right direction. Remember, this agent has been smiling and offering birthday wishes and holiday cheers for six years. She immediately started persuading us not to file any claim, that our deductible would be more than what any "roof damage" may cost to repair.

OK, she's the well-trained agent, we should follow her advice. Coincidentally, about a month later, this very grungy young man was pounding on my door, sent from Allstate to do a physical exam of my home and property. About 3 weeks later, our homeowner's policy was canceled because this very scruffy, unprofessional boy reported to Allstate that we were a liability because we needed a roof and a new pool liner. So, we had paid for six years and when the time came that we may actually need them, their well-rehearsed operations go into full effect. This was a six-year profit for them. You have to wonder just how many decent, hardworking clients they do this to, and after reading a few complaints on this page, apparently far too many.

In reality, YOU are the insurance provider and Allstate the customer will find many ways to collect more money from you every year. They are the criminal liars that make the claims and are constantly finding ways to collect money from you, and this is an endless process from them. Anyway, being naive fools, we immediately found another homeowner insurance company to cover us, but we kept our auto and flood insurance with Allstate, mainly because we didn't want the hassle of changing to a new provider. (I work a 12 hour, nightshift job and my wife was going through chemo.)

Needless to say, that was a HUGE mistake. Please refer to the Auto insurance complaints page to read about the horrors Allstate has inflicted upon us...and we are still absolutely blemish-free with our driving record. I pray to God that one day the right person will read these complaints and do something about Allstate. These people are absolutely committing criminal acts and are getting away with it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Allstate took advantage of me having PTSD and a disabled veteran. I lost everything. Left me homeless. Allstate never paid a dime. Cheated lied just so they wouldn’t have to pay my claim. I lost my family due to financial stress. Allstate could care less about their customers. Just profits.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have had Allstate Home Insurance since I purchased my home 15 years ago. I received a call from the agent stating they did a outside inspection and that in order for them to continue the policy I would have to remove a tree that was closer than 3 feet to my home. I them since the tree had been there since we bought the house, and they had pictures of the property, why was this now, 15 years later, seen as an unacceptable liability. The agent told me he didn't know and that he thought it was absurd; he would appeal the decision. He appealed the decision and told me Allstate denied the appeal, and unless I removed the tree they would not insure my home.

I again asked why, if they insured my home for 15 years with the tree, why would they now, not insure the home. No one could answer me, and it felt as if the decision was arbitrary, and without explanation. I contacted GEICO who readily insured my home and discovered the Allstate had been charging me almost 3 times the insurance rate, for 15 years. GEICO provided better insurance coverage for a 1/3rd of the cost. I am writing a letter to the insurance regulators in my State about the issue and to inform them of Allstate's practices. Caveat emptor!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I was a client of Allstate home and auto for 13+ years but this home claim made me leave. First, after I filed my claim a week passed without hearing from anyone so I called the 800 number where they said I wasn't covered (not true), called my local rep and they said that wasn't true and couldn't believe I hadn't heard from anyone. 10 days and the adjuster finally called to set an appointment. This entire 10 day period that was more rain than normal so the damage inside my home was getting worse, but I was told by the 800 number and my local rep there was a catastrophe team working the area and dealing with calls as they were of priority.

So basically I'm not a priority to Allstate. Thanks. The adjuster made a rude joke about in-laws in front of my husband and GC, which made us all cringe. He told me no hail damage and my roof had blisters that are like pimples. 4 GCs were on my roof and confirmed hail damage, the GC I chose is also an adjuster - he was flabbergasted by the report so we submitted a rebuttal. 10 mins after getting the email Allstate said they considered the claim closed and wouldn't be able to assist me. We have now found more damage from the roof and where water was coming in that wasn't immediately clear. Allstate is NOT where you're in good hands - they are THE WORST. Over 13 years with them and I left immediately.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have been with Allstate for almost three years now... I have never needed or called them until two months ago when my apartment was broke into... Allstate basically told me that there is no way that I could afford what I have... I even explain to Allstate how things were purchased. Now mind I that my husband and I both have good jobs. It has been over two months and no one has contacted me. I told the company that I was going to switch to a new company and the supervisor told me to go ahead and that he doesn’t care. The person doing the investigation stated that I was lying as well. I am so disappointed in Allstate and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Originally we went with Allstate for the price and coverage. We have home and auto bundled. There was a discount added for doing so. We have also been with Allstate for over 16 years. I like the relationship we have with our agent. I feel like we get personal attention. But I wish Allstate was less expensive. While I do enjoy the benefits included with our car insurance portion, there are no such benefits included in the homeowner's policy. But other than that, the office is very friendly and familiar with our needs and wants. Also I like the automatic payments.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Last year Allstate agent Virginia ** in Ocena Springs MS wrote me a basic homeowner's policy for my primary residence. I had to purchase wind coverage separately because my home is on the Mississippi Gulf coast. When I tried to get Allstate to insure my rental home, her son (who was the writing agent), said that Allstate wasn't insuring rental property. And placed my coverage with a policy from Burns and Wilcox. I gave the agency a check for almost $800.00. The policy was issued. A short time later Burns and Wilcox said they made a mistake in the size of my property and said that a larger premium was needed. I sent them 2 more payments of $200.00. So now they had nearly $1200.00 of my money. Then for no reason they chose to cancel the coverage, pocketing earned premium.

I called the agency for help in getting my refund and found that Ms **'s son has left the business and very quietly she has sold the agency to David **. The receptionist in the office says that Burns and Wilcox won't send them my refund until other policyholders from this agency, pay they premiums. This makes absolutely no sense. It's my money the agency collected. I getting the complete runaround. This has been going on for 90 days.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I chose Allstate because they offer a wide range of products and easy to take care of all my needs online and offline. I have been with them for years. They need to give some discounts or rebates for loyal customers. They also need to have more information online where I can get better quotes. Other than that, they have good customer service, easy to make a claim and good rates.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I WAS IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE INSURANCE. They handled wind damage last year and did pay for the damages and paid for the repair. I liked that they repaired any damage to my property and did the claim process very fast. I have been with them for over 30 years and I'm very happy and satisfied with them and have no plans to change my policy with them. I liked that they provide good service and handle any and all claims quickly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Allstate been awesome on car insurance but heaven forbid if anything happens to your house. I have wind damage from all the recent storms and was approved for 49 shingles to be replaced and ridge vents. They won't replace the sheetrock that was soaked, but allows it to be retaped and painted. How about allow for it to be tore out to see how much water damage is in the wall. And who wants to keep wet sheetrock and rick mold instead of replacing? I thought with Allstate you were in good hands? I love my agent but the company is greedy as heck and has left a bad taste in my mouth as I'm prolly going to foot most of this myself. It's bad when I have to pay for sheetrock for my family's safety over a repair for soaked sheetrock. Would not even send another adjuster for a second opinion. Disappointed!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

They are very prompt and easy to deal with and are so easy to converse with. They understand my needs at crucial times. They want to upgrade the policy at least bi-yearly which I don't like because if I want any upgrades I will notify them. They also want me to change any other insurance I have with them. Other than that, their rate is much better in my region of the country which is South so I feel I get more bang for the buck. My agent is also a personal friend. The location and access of their office is very much in my location.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

This is a scam of a company. They undercut other insurance companies via “independent contractors “ or local office car salesmen/scam artists by giving you discounts that you may not qualify for then after you sign they come after you for those discounts if the adjuster corporate sends disagrees. Then when you fight it they claim they have no power over their independent contractors and can’t stand by what you were told by an independent contractor. Stay away from Allstate, they get one of the lowest ratings on Consumer Reports for a reason. They literally use gangster techniques to scam their customers and don’t care about customer satisfaction. 15 years of dealing with properties and homeowners insurance I’ve never been treated so unfairly. They’ve lost my business for life over $419.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been with Allstate for the past 17 years. I have used it for all of my insurance needs. I have one agent that I work with and he is always available when I need him and when there is a problem he always first ask is everyone okay. Too me that is very important because it shows he is not just in it for the money. Insurance is a very personal preference and we have found Allstate to be very friendly and effective.

I like my personal agent but when use different areas of Allstate they sometimes send out contract employees to do some of the work and those people are pushy and can be very annoying. That I do not like. For instance we got life insurance and the lady kept calling my husband over and over to set up an appointment and would not take no for answer when we already stated I would not qualify for the insurance she wanted us to obtain because of my health. She just did not believe it. And when she came out she saw that we were correct and never once apologized but gave the impression that we inconvenienced her. I called our agent the next day and explained the situation and he apologized for it and stated he would let the company know.

I chose Allstate because it gave us the best rate and we could bundle all of our other insurances into one policy which saved us even more. It was also the only one that we could use because of a new policy under mold that Allstate was not requiring on new homes. We had just purchased a new home and Allstate was the only one willing to help us. And we were closing in one day and we could not close without proper insurance. And our agent said, "Not problem. Email me the information." And they had all the paperwork completed in a few hours and were able to close on our home as promised.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I chose Allstate when I purchased my current home based upon my experience with Allstate automobile insurance and my parent's experience with homeowner's insurance. Allstate has provided me home insurance over the past 30 years at reasonable premiums and coverage that keeps up with my home's value and property value. One would always appreciate lower premiums, but other than that, Allstate has been a reliable partner over the years.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I've hired an attorney to pursue recourse in the decision of the inspectors after the 2017 storm season. I've had Allstate since 2013 and have never received money for a claim and have always paid my insurance on time to the tune of over $14,000. The claim is still ongoing. If State Farm had not pulled out of Florida after Hurricane Charley, I would still had been a customer. We as citizens are NOT in Good Hands with Allstate, fake insurance.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I am current Allstate customer. I have homeowner and auto policy with them. We had a hailstorm at my city. My neighbors filed claims for their roof being damaged. Their roof got replaced. I called roofer to check the damage and the roofer said roof needs to be replaced. Inspector from Allstate came and checked the roof. He reported that the damage is not really bad. But, you got to fix it by your own money as it is below deductible. If you don't, Allstate will not pay for the damage you have next time. I am surprised that everybody in my community had damage and had to replace the roof. I guess my roof was made of iron shingles. They didn't get damages (as per Allstate inspector). Worst people. They are being polite while selling the product but don't help when it comes to help with claim.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My on suite master bedroom shower sprung a small leak between our drywall wall and would only leak when the shower would be in use. So, it is a relatively periodic leak and of course being that it was a pinhole size it took sometime before we discovered the problem, but by the time discovery was made noticeable, it was too late. To add to the disguise, on the other side of the leak is our main bathroom and the bathroom vanity blocked and supported the drywall directly behind the leak and only when the water went through the drywall and began affecting the vanity is when the leak was discovered. I also mainly use the shower in the Master bedroom and my wife uses the main bathroom because it has a sunken tub.

Being a male, I also don't take long showers. So, once we knew our problem we contacted a plumber who crawled into the vanity and through the hole and because it was not leaking (master shower not in use) he had us run the water. We ran the water and again it took some time and only when we pulled on the tab on the downspout to activate shower the plumber found the problem. The fine mist of water is why it took so long for any noticeable damage as stated by the plumber.

I contacted Allstate (my insurance company) as instructed by the plumber and Allstate sent an agent who arrived in a few days. After looking at the damage he related that they would not be covering the damage because the leak have been going on for a period of time. Of course it took some time, Hello? If it happened between the walls and the fine mist only occurs when the master shower is in use and hidden between a vanity and a tiled shower wall in the master bathroom, I believe it will take a long time before any noticeable damage. Needless to say they rejected my claim. I will be conversing with other insurance company after we repair both bathrooms.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have been with Allstate for 3 years. The first year things were ok, but year 2 the red flag went up. My homeowners insurance went up a little over $300.00. I did have a claim, my sump pump failed and my basement flooded. I had coverage, which was good. I received $5,000.00 but I spent over $10,000.00 to complete the basement. I just received a notice from my mortgage company today, explaining I had a projected escrow shortage. So I looked into why this was, and there on my statement was a recent payout to Allstate for $2009.00 for homeowners insurance. My premium went up over $600.00 for the year. I am no expert in the insurance field, but I think it’s safe to assume I would have received some notice about any increase in premium, especially such a significant one. Not one communication has come to my husband or I about this.

My husband was on the phone with our agent last week to add our 4th car to our auto plan, not one word about a policy change or increase was mentioned during this call. My husband also asked about discounts because we have so many policies, and was told there is nothing they could do. He then asked the question about our snowmobile policies, do we need summer coverage since they are stored? This question was answered with a question, don’t you need to have year round coverage? At this point he was annoyed and said to leave the coverage for now. How do we trust a company that advertises you are in good hands with Allstate, when we are being taken advantage of. The time investment I now have to spend shopping for new insurance coverage; trying to get my accounts refunded and writing this review for other consumers will never come back to me.

This is an inconvenience to my family, but I hope I can help another person from this same circumstance. The worst part for me is, I have done my part as a consumer and paid every single bill on time, it’s auto drafted from my account, only to be taken advantage of. I have been a loyal customer during my time with this company. When I asked about my first increase I was told that due to recent weather events across the country all customers can expect an increase and that all companies are doing this. I thought at the time, this makes sense because I had a recent claim, but then I went back in my statements and the increase happened before I filed my claim. I am not in good hands with Allstate. I have been completely taken advantage of. By tomorrow I will have another insurance company, I can only hope to find one that is not this dishonest. My faith and trust is completely lost for Allstate.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had my first claim with Allstate. It took over a month and still going, had a claim adjuster who per Allstate Transfer dept, never heard from them, no feedback no email nothing, your claim is not important it’s my feedback. Then followed by the worst hotel experience of all lifetime, Had a housekeeping manager who work for the hotel threaten me in front of my family just because I complained about not getting my room cleaned for 3 days. She came to the room to confront me. I had to call the cop to be left alone. The cop was the only person who was apologetic who heard both sides and ask them to leave me alone until check out. Of course it’s on their best interest to flip the story since the housekeeper manager should had been fired for the way she acted.

Being a little hotel the 4 worker are all title managers and of course they will cover for each others. I even believe some of them are relatives. Then here is the most important part. The claim adjuster was so rude he be-little my character. Please in the future it will be helpful to ask your Allstate claim agent to not come up with conclusion, if they don’t know both sides, or have facts of any occurred situation. Please pull the surveillance camera that’s all. Then the final estimate that I was given for repairs was a joke.

The contractor laugh when I showed him the estimate, first it took over one month to hear back from an Allstate agent, the claim was reported 8/17. It’s 9/19 I not yet received anything. The new adjuster said they should finish fast, then my personal item that got wet they said it cannot be priced so there will be no replacement cost for the toys it's insane, please that’s not the standard treatment from Allstate. They advertised great customer service great guidance, My experience is none of the above, My claim.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I decide to check prices. Their online quote was 564 a year. So I called and was ready to switch. Would have been a 800$ savings. They updated the quote by changing me to married from single. Increased dwelling 15k, decreased personal property $50k plus, and decreased additional living expense $54k. And said they run additional reports and it increased the price from $564 a year to $3525. They don't say what reports are but I own the house outright and never have any claims. Only bad thing is my credit. Few credit card ruined my score after letting them go due to an illness. No way bad credit should increase quote 600 percent.

If they are this dishonest in the beginning I can imagine how dishonest they would be if you had a claim if something happen. Some lawyer should file a class action lawsuit on them for false and misleading quotes to get you to be tried to pay 600 percent more. I can see a double in amount, but 600 percent. Come on now. I would suggest anyone who has them to do a check for cheaper insurance. I think you will be surprised. Imagine saving 600 percent with a company that isn't a 1-2 star review rating. Numbers show. Dump them and save. What's in my pocket they say? $2100 savings by not signing with them. Wow. And after you switch from them tell your friends and family how much you save and how much they are overpaying.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We had water damage from a broken water line and called our agent. The agent was good, got a claim filed, and got things moving. The claims adjuster then called and heard the story. Next thing I see, the claim is denied. The adjuster said that we knew there was a water leak and then left the house. Complete fabrication, how she got that from what we told her, I have no idea. She reopened the case but then closed it again, claiming that it was the responsibility of the condo insurance.

When I called to get clarification, she was rude and didn't stop making excuses and berating me for at least 5 minutes. I finally got her to stop talking for a moment and told her that the condo insurance simply needed information. She was snippy and said they have all they need. I know that Allstate is in the business of making money not paying claims but they could at least pretend to care about customers. They don't even have a pretense of caring. I cannot get hold of the claims agent anymore and even the condo insurance agent can't reach her. I've been paying for homeowners insurance for decades and have gotten precisely ZERO value from it. Do yourself a favor and go to a different insurance carrier. Hope you can find one that actually provides some value. In my experience, Allstate does not.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The worst insurance company. They don't trust you or believe you at all, I had all my photographer and DJ equipment stolen out my garage and because I didn't have receipts for my items it was a lost, I had the items for 4yrs. I didn't save receipts, I had the insurance for 2 yrs. They pretty much called me a liar and said, "We can't help you."

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Cheryl ** low balled me, questioned me, down talked to me for 30 minutes about my prescription glasses and other stolen property as if I was a liar. I have been a customer of Allstate for over 13 years and have never been disrespected in this manner. She mentioned there was over 20 optometrists in Arcadia and said she can not just call and get a number, well I did just that in a matter of minutes. 3 locations gave me a price of $400 to start for non-economy glasses with prescription, not one place but 3 and not one denied giving a price over the phone. Mind you this price is to start. I can only hope this lady doesn't nickel and dime me on all my personal belongings after getting my car stolen. Allstate get it together, this is ridiculous to have to put your customers thru after a loss...

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Good evening. My name is Brandy ** and I reported a Property Claim (Renters) on August 1, 2018. I have gone back and forth with one of the claims investigators about completing my claim. He originally asked me to verify my whereabouts, he stated that he called the Hotel and information was given to him by a worker. I don't know what exactly was said to him because I was not on that phone call with him, that phone call he placed to the hotel was placed without my knowledge. Upon making several attempts to contact him and his Supervisor for 2 days we received a call back from the supervisor Tuesday August 21 and it was explained to him that he wanted me to verify our whereabouts and I asked his supervisor would calling on a conference call to the Hotel be sufficient to prove my whereabouts, He stated yes that would be suffice.

Upon talking to the investigator on August 22 stating that there was a call to his supervisor and he stated that calling on a conference call to the Hotel would be sufficient to prove my whereabouts he also agreed that that would be sufficient. The call was placed on August 24 on a recorded conference call with him on the line and on the recorded phone call the Supervisor of the Hotel in Los Angeles verified my whereabouts at the time which then verified my whereabouts. I am baffled at the fact that I have been calling him and his Supervisor since Wednesday evening August 29 and have not gotten a callback.

As of today September 4, 2018 my claim has not yet been approved when the Supervisor as well as himself stated that the conference call would be suffice if the hotel verified my stay which they did. After my whereabouts were verified he moved on now to something else. He asked about the flight and I am baffled to the fact of him the investigator asking how I got to the Hotel in LA which has no bearings on my claim on how I got there as long as my whereabouts were verified which the Hotel has already verified to him my whereabouts. I asked that my claim be approved based on the information provided by the hotel supervisor verifying my whereabouts.

I am not getting any returned phone calls from either of them and I have called for the past 2 days and so has my agent whom I informed about this situation and said that I would be cancelling my insurance due to me feeling targeted against and treated very harsh and the unprofessionalism that I am experiencing with Allstate, My Agent stated that he would try and call the person and his supervisor to try and rectify the matter before I cancel. I still don’t have a approved claim. Still waiting.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have been a long-time customer of Allstate for almost 18 years. I have never been late on a payment, missed a payment or filed a claim. I recently received a letter saying that an inspector would be coming by to do a visual inspection of our house for renewal of our policy. The house was very clearly undergoing a major renovation including replacement of siding, windows and upcoming replacement of the roof. The roof had 2 broken shingles which came off during a recent wind storm. There was also a piece of soffit which had fallen down. Allstate sent a letter indicating that they would not be renewing the policy based on these items. This is not the first time that Allstate has targeted good clients.

The first time was in 2010 when, after a loss of a job, Allstate raised my rate because they said that my husband's credit rating dropped, again I should mention that we had never missed or made a late payment. I guess they either considered us a risky client and/or were looking to make some additional money. It is very clear that Allstate does not want me as a client, I just wish I had made the decision long ago to drop them as I have since found a new homeowners at almost half the rate that Allstate was charging for the exact same coverage. Additionally, I thought I would share that when I received the non-renewal letter, I contacted my agent who openly stated that Allstate is weeding out homeowner's policies.

Allstate expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allstate is one of America’s largest and most popular insurance companies. The company provides many types of insurance, including auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and more.

• Accessible: Allstate offers insurance across America, making it a convenient choice for a homeowners insurance policy no matter where a person lives.

• Reward programs: This company offers helpful programs for people who pay for protection but don’t need to use it, such as the claims-free rewards program,. Even if discount programs aren’t advertised, consumers should call or email their insurance representatives to ask about discounts, since many companies award them without publicizing them.

• Convenience: Allstate has an excellent Web presence and convenient online tools. Potential customers can request custom quotes via tools on the company’s website.

• Customer service: Allstate is a huge company, but it operates with thousands of local agents around the country.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners, mobile home owners