Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Compare Homeowners Insurance Companies

Research top Homeowners Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've had Allstate for 5 years, paying top dollar on a policy, house valued @ 250k and I was sold into a policy double that amount. Heavy storms hit the Houston area over the past 6 months and water started leaking into my house in all areas of my home. The ceiling started to fall and mold buildup was everywhere with all kinds of interior damage from water leaking from my roof. I made a claim with Allstate and had my General Contractor present at the inspection. My General Contractor informed me that all the leaks are coming from 9 roof vents that where the wind had pushed the shingles around the vents back, exposing the vent and allowing water to enter my home. WIND DAMAGE!!!

The Allstate Adjuster denied my claim saying it was damage due to poor Installation of the roof vents. Here's the kicker, the Adjuster used a 3rd party inspector to inspect the roof and that person told my General Contractor in confidence that the Allstater Adjuster denies all claims regardless of type of storm damage. The Allstate Adjuster had the nerve to accuse my General Contractor of mechanically damaging my roof. My General Contractor had never been on my roof prior to the Allstate Inspection. Also I found out that the Allstate Adjuster is a 3rd party independent adjuster as well who wears an Allstate shirt but drives their own personal vehicle (that's how you're able to tell). You are not in good hand with Allstate.

Presently, I live in Arizona and renting my home in Euclid, Ohio. On August 6th a drunk driver rammed into my home and my renters were in bed w/ baby. As of today, we still have not heard from the claim adjuster that inspected the claim nor have they contacted our contractor to start work. In the meantime, my renters are very unhappy and have withheld their rent payment until the house gets fix. We have had Allstate for over 37 years and this is the first time we have had these issues. We had two other claims in the past and result were done very quickly. Very upset with how this has been handled. Claim# **. Very upset with Allstate - your motto is hard to believe after this experience.

Allstate Agency owned by Rafael ** cancelled my insurance and attempted to charge my mortgage company without my knowledge. All workers in his office denied this, yet they did admit that a worker had called my number and informed my wife that we were past due when in fact we owed nothing. Changed services to another Allstate carrier. They gave me the details of attempted charges to mortgage company.

Been a Allstate customer for 10 years auto and homeowners insurance. They made a quick inspection about a month ago and today I get a letter in mail saying insurance is being cancelled... Reasons being Trampoline frame is warped... porch had a appliance... and my rear steps are missing (because we was taking out brick step and about to build deck). Never called to see what's going on just decided to cancel my insurance. I mean do they not at least give you a certain amount of days to get these things fixed? Had a mother employee had the same thing they cancel him because he had a English bulldog I mean come on...

They suck. After 2011 tornado in Tuscaloosa should had taught me a lesson but I stuck with them. But by the reviews it seems they love you if you make payments and never have a claim but when you have a claim then you’re a liability to them... Allstate sucks I do not recommend them... Oh and my local office here want return our calls to resolve the issue about a new inspection... Cause trampoline been gone steps built and the pressure washer is put up in shop so I need answers and they don't respond.

We had hail damage on our two year old roof in November. The first adjuster agreed to settle on an amount. His supervisor decided he was wrong and rescinded the offer. They claim the 30 year warrantied roof was defective. Well, 10 houses right around us have had their roofs replaced due to the storm. Literally, 10 houses. After going back and forth between Allstate and GAF (for the warranty) nothing has been accomplished. The last correspondence from Allstate was that we had to hire our own inspector (that had to be approved by THEM). They can still disagree with the decision. BTW, this is after 40 years with Allstate and one major claim 20 years ago. We will be finding another insurance company. I can only imagine what would happen if God forbid, our house burned down. I am very disappointed in Allstate and GAF also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

I am a homeowner with Allstate Insurance also my occupation as a contractor. I currently hold 10 licenses in five states. I filed a claim with Allstate Insurance for storm damage to my roof, hot water heater and guest house roof. Initially talking over the phone to the claims agent I was very satisfied who spoke about the repairs needed and came to an agreement and he said in a few days he would cut me a check.

All of a sudden the day you were supposed to issue the check Wendy notified me that he would not be doing the claim for me and that they do not replace the damages caused by the storm over the phone and adjuster would have to come out and see assess the damages. Two weeks later and adjuster came out obviously with no prior knowledge from the pictures and descriptions and the documentation than I originally gave Abe the first person that I spoke to. The adjuster was very smirky and took a look at my damage and I thought that it was odd that he asked me if I was going to do the work myself.

To my surprise he assessed damages at $2,400. I have $1,000 deductible. I had an awning go through the sheathing of my flat roof and then crushed the venting on my hot water heater tankless dismounting and pouring water into my house. Also my rear house and the ventilation ripped off along with almost half of the shingles down to the sheathing and water was coming through. Of course I complain to everyone that I could and they appointed me to the claims manager Nick **. Where he had I tried to prove that the original assessment was totally wrong due to the materials involved in the repairs. The monies would not even cover it.

So I wrote down an assessment of the damages and he agreed to pay for the materials. My assessment was over $8,000 in Damages in the beginning. He said it was a conflict of interest so I decided to get other estimates on the damages. Starting with the hot water heater. When it came back at almost $6,000 for replacement he then called and harassed the contractor and became unprofessional calling the tech stupid. Then I could not find a roofing contractor to agree with his fix saying they could not warranty it. Then one month later he is still harassing my contractors and he has not funded a significant amount for the damages so I can repair them in. My roof is still leaking in. My hot water heater is malfunctioning at 140-degree, water when it works endangering my children.

He is saying now I have to sign a contract with a contractor to do the repairs and he still won't give me a figure on what he's covering. I've had several people look at the damages and they range from 15 to $30,000. He wants me to pay that out of pocket before he will do anything. It wasn't until I started speaking with him about my mediation that I realized what he was doing from the beginning. He had said in his email correspondence that he could not pay me as a contractor because I was the homeowner in his rate was minimum wage for labor and reimbursement for Home Depot materials. I finally confronted him on what he was doing and he could not reply straightforward. He had to detour from the question. To me that proves what he was doing is intentional. From the beginning I would not speak to him over the phone. I have all of our information over email to document everything. That was the smartest thing I ever did.

I've had several claims in my day and none of them have been this difficult even though some insurance companies didn't pay for all the damages but they were at least reasonable. Allstate claims adjuster Nick ** is who I was speaking to. I saved all of the email correspondence that I have with them and confronted him with everything that I was saying and then some and he admits to the ** business. Immoral business practice I believe is very unfair and endangering people with mold and dangerous hot water heater malfunctioning. I am continuing my fight with Allstate. This and their unethical business practices needs to stop. I would never use Allstate again. Nor would I ever recommend them to anyone. The bottom line was they were trying to push me into making the repairs Myself by dragging everything out so long so that they could pay me minimum wage and reimbursement for Home Depot materials to repair my own claim.

Claim Process - This is by far the WORST insurance I have ever dealt with and don't think that I will give them anymore of my money or time. Someone broke into my home and I feel that I am the one being interrogated. I am the victim but yet I feel like I'm the suspect. All I want are my kid’s things and my things. This happened on July 21st and I received a letter today from an insurance defense attorney and have to go through a 2 to 3 hour Examination under Oath process. What kind of foolery is this. I have never ever felt so uneasy about something like this.

STAY AWAY from insuring your home with Allstate. IF and WHEN you have a claim they will penny you and not pay the full amount of the claim, IF they don't just DENY it all together. They are happy as long as you pay their absorbent fees and don't need to use them BUT when you do THEY THINK EVERYTHING YOU OWN IS WORTH A PENNY AND NO MORE AND ARE UNREALISTIC OF THE FEE THEY THINK CONTRACTORS WILL INSTALL OR FIX YOUR HOME FOR. Then you are left to pay the rest out of pocket. They said they would go after our home builder to get our $1000 deductible back, even sent us a letter in the mail saying they were getting an attorney. Two weeks later we get another letter stating "Oh well they didn't respond, we are not going after them now. You have to pay the deductible." BEWARE, use another insurance company. IF you read this YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Consumer Increased Rating!

The main head office followed through today would like to retract yesterdays complaint. They officially approved the inspection and official documents were sent to my mortgage company with proper dates. Again the local office was wonderful.

Deborah of Battle Creek, MI on

Original Review

I purchased Allstate Homeowners Insurance and did not pass the inspection because of plants we had along side the garage and some exposed tar and algae on the roof. We purchased a new roof and took out the plants (detached garage is not even covered). The local office is wonderful but the main office refused to extend the deadline but we made it by the deadline. We had second inspection and passed but still, no documents and results on second inspection were posted after the deadline even though inspection was completed before the deadline. It is now 4 days pass the deadline and home insurance on my Mortgage has lapsed and they stopped my loan for second mortgage, a late fine and possible expensive insurance mortgage company with reinstate. I have called them several times but still no documents. This company is unprofessional, uncaring and deceitful. I am changing insurance.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After working with a customer service representative, Ryan, who was diligent in resolving the issue fairly and to my satisfaction.

Maricela of Laredo, TX on

Original Review

I've had three homeowner policies with Allstate insurance for many years without filing a claim. After a bad storm in May 2017 I filed first claim. The first three insurance adjusters did not climb roofs, had no ladders or did not show up. Finally on August 1st, 2017, the 4th adjuster did show up and brought a guy that owned the ladder. All the adjuster did was hold the ladder for owner of ladder to climb ladder up to eve of house who took a few photos. Neither one of them climbed the roof and the adjuster stated that he was afraid of heights and did not climb roofs. After 35 minutes of writing his report the adjuster claimed that I only needed to replace some shingles and other minor repairs and gave me a check for $300 plus dollars. He also wanted me to sign a paper which I didn't. He also said that I should file a dispute to have someone else take a look at it and Allstate may honor the claim, 'that is how we operate', stated the adjuster.

I had two roofing contractors climb the roof to give me estimates. Both said they would not repair the roof since the underlayment was compromised due to hail and storm damage and the work could not be guaranteed. They said the roof needed to be replaced and that the insurance company should cover it. After repeated calls and messages to Allstate a lady called and said the photos were not taken from roof, indicating that the adjuster had not climbed roof to make his assessment and that she was going to send a fifth adjuster and tell him to take photos from the top of the roof but that she already had an idea of what the report was going to read.

Meanwhile many of my neighbors insured by reputable insurance have already had their roofs replaced months ago. Allstate should not be allowed to sell any more insurance policies since they only take hard working peoples money with no intention to honor their commitments. I will be pursuing legal counsel on this matter.

We had noticed that our living room furniture was covered in mold, then after searching all areas in the home found more issues with mold, so we called our local agent to see what coverage if any we had for mold. They then told my wife they would have to call headquarters to look into it (YES THIS IS OUR LOCAL OFFICE HERE IN MAGNOLIA TEXAS) while waiting 24 hours on them to find out information that they should already know, I had a mold specialist out to take samples to send to ATM to be sure it was mold and what type, seems our daughter was already very sick from this.

We got our Mold Spore results back faster than our answer on coverage. YES PATHETIC. Long story short it was caused by a roof leak that created water in our attic which then created humidity to the AC unit and created extreme levels of mold to spread throughout our only 5 year old home. We had to evacuate our home due to the seriousness of the mold spores and go to a hotel at $100.00 a night, the adjuster called 8 days into the claim telling my wife that by reading the claim it doesn't look like this is going to be a insurance claim. This was before coming to the home or knowing any details.

My wife told him "Really and you made this determination HOW." Seems how we don't know any facts yet. So the day comes for him to come and he didn't let us down. He right off the bat says "YOU KNOW I'M THE MONEY MAN. I MAKE ALL YOUR DECISIONS." Real professional. He got on the roof said he doesn't see any damage. Didn't even have a clue what he was looking at or for, he then comes in the attic sees the wet plywood and the mold in the attic and says "Ok I'm done. You don't have a claim."

So let me recap this for all you that are considering Allstate as your insurance company. We have had them for 6 years, have never filed any claims and their web page says ALLSTATE WHERE YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS. LOL what a joke. It also says "When filing a claim we are there for you to help you solve the issue in a timely manner and make sure all your needs are met." We are out of pocket $15,000.00 so far and don't have everything fixed yet and they haven't and are not helping us with any of it, due to the fact this was created by a hair line crack in the air-hawk on the roof which then allowed rain to get in the attic and create this nightmare.

Allstate claims that by looking at the pictures of the air-hawk the crack was not created by wind or hail, so they aren't covering anything. They have no professional degree in determination that this was or wasn't created by wind. They are not in the business for you as the customer. They are only in it to steal from us and make sure their wallets are padded. Please consider all these reviews before throwing your money and home down the drain to Allstate where you are not in good hands.

Been with co for 15yrs. Premium went from 1700 to 2500 per year. Well behind basement wall leaked and blew out a door and flooded my basement up to 3 inches during a storm... I called claims dept-denied!!! Any water below ground seeping, gushing, leaking into my basement is not covered. (NO, didn't know that) So I asked how about structural-nope again not covered. So I said only half my house is covered? My roof caves due to rain-I am covered. Someone breaks in I am covered. Someone breaks my window I am covered. Sy stove starts fire I am covered. But anything below ground level concerning water I am not covered unless I have flood insurance.

I do not live in a flood zone and my agent said I do not need flood insurance - so basically I pay 2500 per year for the top half of my house to be insured. If my basement leaks water or floods and blows out my furnace, water heater and water softener and has black mold or even crumbles I am screwed... ** company!!! Lost my business-I already have calls in to Farmers, Geico, American Family, and a couple others. Been quoted 1000 a year for better insurance. Did I mention my original agent quit 5 years ago and I have never met my current agent. Just phone calls from his assistant and letters when I didn't pay on time (I was out of town). Oh and there was a service request on my property (they came and inspected the property without notice). Just found that out too. In 15 yrs I have given them $38000.

Very poor quality of Insurance. We were with this company for many years thinking we were in good hands and when we unfortunately had a water damage on our home they did NOT cover for the damage. Instead they had every excuse possible for non-payment and to make things worst we got a bill from the cleaning water damage company they use for $1,200 when that was suppose to be paid off by All State. They lie, they don't care of your home or car, poor customer service and I don't recommend them at all. Now I'm very pleased with my current insurance but please people do NOT waste your money on this non-caring company.

My house caught fire on 2/12/2017. Allstate has yet to determine if I have coverage, due to my wife causing the fire. Almost 5 months later, and still not coverage determination, while I'm sitting in limbo - my house burned up. I don't wish this experience on anyone.

I called for a mobile home quote. I didn't download the app. After being on hold for 30 minutes, the customer service representative tells me Allstate does not offer mobile home insurance. After I told him, I had called the number on their mobile home insurance app, he said, "You can't believe everything you read on the internet." What a joke. Totally rude.

Home inspection done on property with no notice (trespassing) - After 33 years with this company and zero claims, I get a call from my agent stating that an inspector visited my vacation home... Going thru two gates and traversing approximately 600 feet of private driveway. They tell me there is a bit of peeling paint and some siding or shingles that have exposed some wood. Of course I have no pictures of what they are talking about... Just the threat of cancellation. My agent makes a consumer complaint on my behalf and the company calls me and and is apologetic that someone got onto my property unannounced... "OH MY. I KNOW HOW YOU MUST FEEL." But the bottom line is that they will probably do nothing and the curse of BIG BROTHER is on me... By the way I have another full time home and no one has ever visited this residence for the last 33 years that I have owned it!

My house got robbed 5 months ago and the Claims department STILL isn't done with our claim. They keep saying our form we need to fill out is wrong when we're on the phone filling it out with our claim person. We've had to send the form back 5 times! As of now the "investigation of the loss is continuing, and determining the coverages available on this loss". When they were asking questions about the robbery they made me feel more like a suspect than a victim. I'm at the point where I don't even care if I get anything back, I just want to put the robbery behind me and forget about it.

Had a homeowners policy with them for 7 years. Paid over $10,000 when I sold the house they would not insure the new owner because they said the roof was damaged so I immediately put in a claim but when I showed up they said it's not damaged enough to even cover my deductible. Even if you put 35-year shingles on your house they don't want to cover it if the shingles are over 10 years old or have the least amount of wear.

Allstate is terrible and a scam company. 1st off the shingles on my roof was falling off after a storm. They only want to replace part of the roof not the whole roof. Who put a few shingles on a roof and not replace the whole roof? 2nd a tree falls on my house. Once again they say it's no damage to the house with a big tree laying on the house. Last straw my back patio roof falling off and they deny the claim to fix it. We been paying house insurance for over 8 years also have 2 business insurance with Allstate and I'm about to drop them from all my insurance. Not only that I'm going to get all my family and friends who have Allstate to drop them. This the worst insurance company I ever dealt with.

I have been with Allstate over 15 years and there is no loyalty to the customers. Please be advised when you are considering Allstate for home insurance. In the State of Alabama a storm hit here in Mobile in 2003, where there was considerable Damage was done by wind and hail to many homeowner. Allstate took a big lost because many homeowner had wind and hail policies. They drop the coverage in certain coastal cities. I made a claim for water damage from the rain to my roof In April 2017, the agent constantly told me that it could not be water damage without wind or hail. Try to call them but would no call me back, all my phone call with to a voice mail. Be aware!!!

I am not sure why I stayed with this agent so long because their customer service is the worst I have ever experience. For 17 years plus they have been collecting money for my home policy, in those years I have had 2 very small claims. I relocated to Texas and did not know I should change my policy to Landlord status. I spoke to the agent/owner in regards to why was my policy cancelled without any phone calls/notices to me. He said to me "It's not my business to inform you the customer of your policy changes." After all my questions he said "Go to Geico instead." I am not surprise that slogan "You are in Good Hands" does not represent that Allstate Agency in Waterbury CT on main street. It should say "Get Insurance. Don't ask for customer service, at your own Risk."

We had hails in this year reported to Allstate. All my Neighbors got approved with other insurance except mine where I am with Allstate that tells, they just want some reason to deny. Never trust Allstate for home insurance.

They cancelled our home insurance after two years and having had three small claims (<$1,500 per). They gave no warning that the home insurance industry looks down on claims as a whole. We would not have claimed two of them if they had told us that their interpretation of the CLUE index says that three smaller claims in two years would disqualify us from keeping our home insurance. In short, don't use the insurance they sell in which they charge fairly low premiums for a product that might cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is such a scam, and this company does NOT keep you "in good hands." These are hands that will drop you in a heartbeat.

Been wanting to submit a complaint for years. I was raised in an Allstate believing family. All of us used this company even for our own families. It wasn't until I was in a storm that damage my home and then filed a complaint with them, I found out I was not in good hands. My agent and other customer service agents were rude and we had to go at each other verbally. Talking about MAYHEM! That a silent warning about what they are all about. Needless to say I did not get my home repaired based on what they paid out and it took two years to receive all funding. They deceive you because they have been here for a while but don't have a major claim. Their horns really do exist. YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS. WARNING: MAYHEM!!!

We recently in the WNY area have been experiencing crazy weather from severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings/watches which is something we never really get. The flood warnings began back in April and our basement was affected from the constant storms. The water was coming up from the foundation and we put in a claim with Allstate.

We had a local basement crew come in and give us an estimate of $6,000, our Allstate agent said to not take any steps yet until one of their claims adjusters came and took photos. We waited 2 weeks to finally get a call and the first sentence he said was we were denied. I asked how could we be denied when he didn't even come out and look and take pictures and his response was he is from New Jersey.

New Jersey!? I live in New York State! Why the hell are you giving me someone who isn't even living in the same state as me?! Then he followed up by saying that as soon as it starts to rain and the rain touches the ground, we are not covered. This makes absolutely no sense to me when our Allstate Agent told us that we would be covered for a new sump pump and any other repairs. All we would need to pay is our deductible of $1,000. You guys are full of ** at this company. From reading everyone else on here you guys come up with the most ridiculous and beyond crazy excuses to not cover our claims. If I could rate you guys in the negative I would and will take my business elsewhere to a more reliable insurance company that actually takes care of their customers. Unbelievable.

These are the items that Allstate is demanding of me (I can't produce all of this! Why on earth be insured by a company capable of setting you up. (They pretend to be playing nice by 'extending the date to provide the below mentioned items' because they have been reported throughout - but they won't let out on their 'rights to investigate' which is a poor excuse to torture their clients):

1. A fully completed sworn statement in proof of loss relating to this loss (if not already provided); 2. A structure and contents inventory for any item or thing you claim was damaged (if not already provided); 3. Any other insurance policies existing at the time of the loss covering the property at issue (if not already provided); 4. All documents, emails, correspondence or communications of any kind which you sent to insurance agents, insurance brokers or insurance companies relating to applications, requests for any insurance coverage, changes in the use or occupancy of the property, or requests for information regarding possible changes or cancellations in any existing insurance coverages from the beginning of your relationship with Allstate and continuing to the present;

5. Any police reports, fire reports, and other statements in your possession which relate to the damage involved in this claim; 6. Any receipts, invoices, estimates, proofs of payment or other written documentation demonstrating proof of purchase/ownership regarding any property that you claim was damaged; 7. Any receipts, invoices, estimates, proofs of payment or other written documentation regarding any repair work performed at or on the property since the date of the damage; 8. Any receipt, invoices, estimates, proofs of payment or other written documents regarding the purchase of any item or material to renovate or repair any portion of the property within the last five (5) years. 9. Any and all correspondence, written documentation or communications between you and any law enforcement authority regarding the property;

10. A copy of any and all lease agreements for the property, if any, since you purchased the property; 11. Any and all of your tax return and tax related documents (W-2s, etc.) for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016; 12. Any and all documents regarding [any possible] bankruptcy proceedings, trials and/or discharge (if applicable), including but not limited to documents filed with the court and provided to creditors; 13. Any and all utility bills for the property, including but not limited to electric, gas, heat, oil and water, from January 2015 until the present; 14. All documents, invoices and service records relating to any effort you made to maintain heat in the property prior to the loss, including but not limited, any effort you made to maintain an adequate amount of oil;

15. All documents, including but not limited to invoices, estimates, reports, and correspondence from any person or business who has inspected the damage from the loss. Please note that this request includes but is not limited to the plumber you informed Allstate was coming out to inspect the loss on or about January 30, 2017. If any person inspected the loss but did not provide any documentation to you, provide the name and contact information of every such person; 16. Any and all service records for the heater and boiler, including fuel delivery service and any maintenance records; 17. All correspondence between you and any mortgage company that holds a mortgage on your property, including but not limited to [any and all mortgage banks you've dealt with].

This is the first insurance company that ever offered me a rate for insurance (home and auto) and within 2 months starts sending invoices for more money. I am 68 years old and I am always searching the market for lower rates, so when Allstate offered me a "great deal", I accepted, but I have regretted it ever since. Simply put Allstate was constantly "hitting" me for more money and even after terminating with them I got invoices saying I owed them money to terminate my coverage with them. I get my insurance through GETAPOLICY and luckily this agency has been very helpful, but even they do not understand what Allstate is doing. GETAPOLICY handles several companies, but I will not be getting Allstate through them any more.

I have never had such horrible service and your agents are just as bad. Of renewal in March 355, had to pay 210 in April, that's 560. And now you have no insurance and they say they won't refund me anything. My normal month is 200. Agent messed up house insurance so you never got credit for multi policy owe amazingly in February. They will nickel and dime you to death and then cancel you and keep your money. What a rip off. Overpriced too.

I got a house policy with Allstate. On the first call they offered me a deductible of 1,000, but a week later they called me because the initial agent was wrong, (I had to accept) that the deduction for my house was 2,500. A month later I get a check with the return of part of the policy and call them again. This time the answer was that the policy was canceled because the deductible was 5,000, because I did not want to get a life or auto policy!!! I really do not know what is worse if the company or the training of its agents. The worse experience with insurers.

Allstate fought me entire claim process. Only $3,800 to fix. Denied claim initially cause they ask if windy: had to go to regional wind stats to prove wind blew down a live 100' oak. C'mon, how 100' oak fall. Took 5 hours for agent to tell me whose insurance, neighbor or me. Then, while I on phone w/ Allstate agent who tell me my insurance, I get call from same agency, voicemail say it's my neighbor insurance. Think about it - took Allstate 5 hours to respond and they give me different answers. I file claim, Allstate tell me do nothing (I have 3 dogs, fence so they safe). I do nothing for 3 days until Allstate call me and tell me they no visit site and don't know why I told do nothing. I was told by Allstate agent I should not file claim: why I even have insurance??? Think about it: Allstate no want to pay and put me thru hell watching my 3 dogs at all times. I have dog door and fence for a reason.

Expert Review

Matthew BrodskyInsurance Contributing Editor

Matthew Brodsky is an established expert on insurance, having written hundreds of articles and other pieces of content on the subject, interviewed countless practitioners, and attended dozens of conferences and events. He served as an editor at industry magazine Risk & Insurance for six years.    More about Matthew→

Allstate is one of America’s largest and most popular insurance companies. The company provides many types of insurance, including auto insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance and more.

• Accessible: Allstate offers insurance across America, making it a convenient choice for a homeowners insurance policy no matter where a person lives.
  • Reward programs: This company offers helpful programs for people who pay for protection but don’t need to use it, such as the claims-free rewards program,. Even if discount programs aren’t advertised, consumers should call or email their insurance representatives to ask about discounts, since many companies award them without publicizing them.
  • Convenience: Allstate has an excellent Web presence and convenient online tools. Potential customers can request custom quotes via tools on the company’s website.
  • Customer service: Allstate is a huge company, but it operates with thousands of local agents around the country.
  • Best for Traditional homeowners, condo owners, mobile home owners