2.07/5

Allstate Homeowners Insurance

Allstate sells auto, home, renters, motorcycle and life insurance. Allstate isn't an InsuraMatch partner at this time. To get multiple quotes all at once in less than 10 minutes, call InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

838 Allstate Homeowners Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 6, 2018

Allstate Insurance Customer Service has done an outstanding job for me. They always follow up on any questions or concerns in a timely manner. If you want a good experience with an insurance company, contact Allstate Insurance.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have had Allstate homeowners coverage since 1974. I had only one claim in that period and it was after Superstorm Sandy. Due to several windstorms, my roof has taken a beating. I submitted for a claim for the roof. Not only was I turned down indicating the roof was fine except for missing shingles but, I was canceled due to disrepair. I dislike insurance very much. You pay your premiums on time and when it comes to coverage they don't want to pay. I filed a complaint with DOBI and they indicated Allstate was following protocol. What a bunch of **!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I've had this insurance since buying my home 30 years ago. Due to questionable construction of adjoining houses (this is a wood-frame row house), getting insurance was difficult. This is a two-family house. Allstate was the only company that would insure me, which enabled me to finally get a mortgage. I am grateful for that.

Several years ago, my departing tenant did considerable damage to the apartment before leaving. Allstate covered some of that, especially water damage from a flooded bathroom. But declared that some was "hard wear-and-tear", not vandalism. Overall, they were pretty fair, fast and helpful covering the claim. The agent, who visited, actually checked my roof (which I have trouble accessing) to see if it was OK (not part of my claim) and cleared out my gutter! That was pretty amazing and he was great. I don't know about other particular Allstate offices but I would highly recommend the agent and office that I have been using.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Great friendly people to work with but insurance Isn't helping those who strive to do the right and make no claims. Over 27 years of no accident and I get no rewards. High premium, increase every 6 months. Told others people are making claims.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Had this insurance since 1992 had a water leak in my home in 2015 they refused to cover my floors. Only had 1 claim and they paid $200.00. It was a burglary claim. They removed my water coverage and never told me and my monthly payments only went up. I will never use them again. You are not in good hands with Allstate! You can find cheaper and better. Try AAA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate?

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have a 2-family wood-frame row house in Brooklyn, NY. Allstate is the only homeowners insurance I could get when I first bought my home. Other companies would not cover the house because it was part of a connected row of houses and some of them were in poor condition. So, I am grateful to them for the coverage that made it possible to get my mortgage. I’ve been with them for almost 30 years. I had one claim, five years ago, for vandalism and damage to the rental apartment. They provided reasonable reimbursement. They were very fast. The inspector was very helpful and actually took a look at other parts of the house... the roof... and cleared some leaves out of the gutter. How nice is that?! I haven’t compared their cost with other companies. But I’m happy with them. They send frequent tips about home maintenance and safety.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Allstate customer service is very good to us and whenever I call they are very helpful. We have been with them for over a decade and we are getting a good deal.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have used Allstate for my car insurance since I owned my first car over 40 years ago and have had Allstate homeowners for about 4 years now. Customer service is great and cost is okay.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We have owned our home since 1993. In that time, we have had one claim. We lost the back porch due to a hurricane. Allstate took all my calls and they worked with me. I got the claim check within a week. I am very satisfied with Allstate.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Have home and auto through Allstate and have always received prompt courteous service although I have not put in a claim while insured by Allstate. Best price for the coverage.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've been an Allstate customer for over 20 years and you would think they would appreciate good customers and give a better price on their products. Despite this treatment, their claims are fair and fast. I am thinking of looking for another insurance company to purchase co-op insurance. I had canceled my auto insurance with Allstate because I was being charged more for my policy than other insurance companies. I do not feel appreciated after all these years of using them for insurance. They should give long-term loyal clients discounts. Thanks.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Allstate refuse to replace my roof. My neighbors had their roofs replaced after a storm by their insurance companies. I don't Allstate for home insurance.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Allstate take your money for years and years. Then they assign a complete moron to handle your claim. He specialize in working for his end of the year bonus, by depreciating all your losses to nothing, delaying repairs for up to six months and lie about your claim processing to his bosses. They already know their Ace liar, and they back him up because he's doing a great job. The customer loses out, you may want to save some money in the bank just in case you make a claim, because you will be paying for more than half for your own repairs. Allstate satisfaction guarantee!

Original review: May 29, 2018

Coverage is fine but overpriced. They need to be more proactive in keeping customers content by periodically reviewing their policies to make sure these policies are just what customers need.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Allstate Agents send out misleading letters stating how much your Homeowner, and/or Auto bill is estimated as a hook to get you to call. We have received 10 such letters all with different amounts. When you call and give them the info all of a sudden the "estimated" amount is no good and actually tripled. When we asked the agents (3 different ones) to give us an address of a home like ours they quoted we were told it did not exist.

Seems like false advertising, and if that is the way they have been directed to conduct their business look for another company that has some ethics, is responsible and will provide accurate information. We have even written to their CEO Tim Wilson but do not expect a reply since their marketing efforts are probably directed from the top. In looking at numerous other comments it would also appear they are really slow to react on claims, unlike the misinformation they promulgate in their commercials. Run, do not walk away from this company.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I filed a claim for catastrophic water damage in Alexandria, VA, with Allstate on 01/12/2018. No visit, no phone call, not even an e-mail from the local Allstate agent! It took fully 10 days for an adjuster to visit our home, and we spent 2 weeks in a hotel waiting for emergency plumbing repairs and for water to be restored to the home so we could at least have full use of one bathroom. Meanwhile, the claim processor and principal Allstate contact, who was located in Alabama, kept bombarding me with a seemingly incessant stream of documentation requests that related to damaged home contents, which were the least of our problems because the home had suffered a collapsed ceiling in the garage and dining room and extensive damage to walls and floors. Thus we were focused on our mere survival and making the home sufficiently habitable so we could move back in. The kitchen and all bathrooms did not become fully usable again until February 5.

The primary Allstate contact seemed to care little about our plight. She ignored or gave irrelevant, unresponsive, pro forma replies to the dozens of questions I submitted and on which our financial planning critically depended. A formal letter of complaint I sent to the Allstate Executive VP/Chief Claims Officer about the insensitive, incompetent, and unresponsive handling of my claim did not receive even the courtesy of an acknowledgment and remains unanswered to date in spite of my repeated reminders and protests. Once Allstate had begun making payments to reimburse me for documented emergency out-of-pocket expenses, I had to battle to receive some token compensation for additional living expenses, all of which served to increase the strain on our already severely-stretched financial resources.

Then, as though to add insult to injury, Allstate claimed it had overpaid us by some $6,700. When I asked for an itemized explanation, it was not provided. At that point, I demanded an audit that I specifically asked address the alleged overpayment, as well as the totally unsatisfactory manner in which our claim was handled. The so-called audit remained silent on these issues; however, it included and transmitted a totally new Allstate estimate which, instead of a $6,700 overpayment showed a balance to be paid by Allstate of $146.00 and included a check for the amount due, but no explanation for the voodoo mathematics Allstate had used to convert an alleged overpayment of thousands of dollars to a balance due! NO, YOU ARE NOT IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALLSTATE!

Original review: May 9, 2018

My four rental and two car is with Allstate Insurance. For last twenty years we are with Allstate Insurance. Paying tons of money every years appropriate $3000.00 per year. We never submit a claim. Approximately summer 2016 strong hailstorm pass through these area. Neighbors were changing roof through their insurance. I also submitted a request to inspect my roof, that time I didn’t submit a claim. Agent send me to their claim department. Claim dep. sent roof inspector on February 2017, The inspection report was ok. When 30% roof in neighborhood streets house had been changed. I told the Allstate whatever they reports I trust them, I am not a roof specialist.

On October 2017 water stains started showing in ceiling. I asked a roof company to inspect the roof. The roof company reported there are hail damage in roof. This time I did submit the claims. They denied those four claims. Allstate complained to my consumer report LexisNexis. My Roof started leaking , more stains in ceiling. Every month I can see 2% roofs in the neighborhoods has been changed through their insurance company. I am trying to change my insurance company Allstate. When I am shopping for insurance codes, other company asking if my roof has been changed? Other insurance company complaints there are eight claims in my consumer report, which created another problems. My friend also submitted the claim. Their insurance company did not report to LexisNexis. Code with increased I submitted a claim.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Switched to Allstate for all policies auto and home! Because they gave us a quote that was considerably lower than the current company that we were using at the time. Within the first two months they raised our premium because of a tree limb that was hanging too close to a corner of the house! Ended up costing us sixty eight dollars more than previous company! Then just at the eleventh month with Allstate. A roofing subcontractor was replacing the roof on our home. After tearing the old materials off they left it uncovered while disputing a problem with the permit to the County building permit inspector. A severe thunderstorm with very high winds and sheets of rain drenched the interior of the house causing catastrophic damage! That was in 2015! We are still fighting to get what the actual cost of repairing the home is!

The adjusters are heartless and deceitful in so many ways! Have gone to DORA hired several inspectors. Cost out of our pocket has exceeded thirty thousand just to keep the property from being condemned! We have consulted with countless law firms. But none want to get involved because it is Allstate and they fear the case would go on for a few years! We are nearly homeless just as we are reaching retirement! I refuse to give up! But my wife cannot take much more. It is killing us! We paid for the abatement, a plumber for removing baseboard radiators, a moving crew to move the contents from the house. Which I have now moved back in for lack of storage space! We are paying each month for a storage container that has our furniture and appliances stored in it! Our utilities are triple their normal cost from keeping the house heated. Because we are camping out in a motorhome in front of the house and we have to use the water!

I am disabled and my wife will be 62 in January and should be retiring! Allstate has squandered our temporary housing portion of the policy They rented a house that gobbled up our limit of coverage within nine months. After ignoring our suggestions for homes much closer and much lower per month to rent! I had found two within two blocks from our home! When I contacted the service that was taking care of that part of the claim. She called back to tell me that the adjuster had changed his mind on long term temporary housing and denied approval on these suggested homes! Two weeks later he had us signing a contract for renting a home that was way out of the way and totally inconvenient for access to my wife's place of employment! We were put up in Staybridge Suites for three months, Moved into the rental in June of 2016. Then told in October that we were only covered to stay in the rental until the middle of December!

So the adjuster offered to write a check to us for the remaining funds for temp. housing and also the deposit that we would be getting back to aid us in setting up a place to stay until the home was finished! We took what little we were left with and the deposit money as well and purchased a motor home to set up on our property, It was not the greatest of motorhomes. But it is a secure dry place to live in temporarily. As the situation keeps getting worse. We were informed in January that the deposited money was in fact not ours to have and we now have to return it! The adjuster told me that the claim would be closed until we pay this money back! It is now almost May 2018 and we are no closer to resolving this claim with Allstate than we were before the damaged even occurred! I have been run through hoops chasing documents that I previously submitted!

Three times from different associates from claims needed the contract between ourselves and the roofing company that was responsible for damaging our home! Allstate declined and refused to go after the contractors' insurer! Which I do not understand! There are so many lies and false information that the adjusters have fed us. It astounds me that some people allow and fall for such stupid statements! I have documented everything including several pictures and videos that I began taking as the water was rushing into our home and drenching the entire interior of our single story ranch house! The third adjuster even admitted that the only way he would release the actual amount needed to repair the home we will have to get an attorney! That I have documented also! Along with several instances where they have been untruthful!

The adjuster's Supervisor lied to DORA to excuse them from answering to the complaint we filed to them. Which I have documented and have physical witnesses to back this up! I am new at this! So researching to find ways to fight back and provide answers and foundation that holds my arguments take an extreme amount of time! But I am not going to allow these adjusters to use my lack of knowledge in the claims procedure and process to their advantage! I certainly didn't figure on them having so many ways to suppress my attempts to get what is owed to us. I probably will not live long enough to see our home as it was. I am unable to work any physical job due to my conditions! Which we cannot afford to pay for any medical plans to help cover treatments.

With our spending everything we had in savings along with my wife's retirement plans which we had to cash in at costly penalties of twenty percent and added taxes for the year. We put back the disputed deposit money so we have it should we need to actually return it! We are totally out of resources for money to continue paying the mortgage along with the added expense of trying to exist with this added costs for utilities, storage container, inspection fees, doing laundry at a Laundromat, eating fast food because we have no real place to prepare a decent meal! When we purchased our home we were told at the closing that there would have to be two mortgages! Something we were not expecting and weren't going complete the purchase! But we went ahead believing we would be able to pay off the second mortgage before the ten tear arm was up. That we did accomplish a year early!

We were now ready to refinance the first mortgage to get out of the variable rate into a lower fixed rate! However this plan was abruptly halted by this incident that has entirely devastated our lives and our relationship! What can be done to stop this corporation from bullying its policyholders out of what is rightfully theirs? Why pay premiums that are really too high! Only to be denied what was promised to be guaranteed to you if so needed!

Original review: April 23, 2018

In 2004, my wife accidentally overdosed and died in the house. After 2 weeks I contacted Allstate and was told a claim person would contact me. I called back at least 10 times in 3 months. I never heard back. I was in such a state I just gave up. Now I'm told that my homeowners should have paid out. Is there any way to collect this late in time? Why could they not call me back as I cried all night for many months. Wondering what I was to do now without her after 35 years.

Original review: April 21, 2018

My boyfriend and I have been shopping for a new homeowners insurance policy and were calling a handful of companies to get quotes. We called Allstate two days ago. Talked to a guy and explained to him exactly what we were doing. Here we are three days later calling back to go ahead with the policy. The first guy we talk to comes back with a quote of 500 more than we were originally quoted and emailed so we asked why. His response was he included discounts that we cannot apply... "Is this what you do? You bait and switch?" And he said, "No but sometimes we do."

I asked to speak to a manager and we were hung up on. We call back, explain everything again, asked to be transferred again to be hung up on again. A lady calls us back and after 3 hours of back and forth. She claims the premium changed in the 48 hours time period and they can't honor the original quote and they quote us 500 more. I am in disgust at how they do business and treat people. I just looked at all of their horrible review and I am glad I didn't go with them after all. Please pass this along.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have leaks in my roof from rain and wind damage. I filed a home policy claim after being informed by my regular home repairer. They scheduled the first inspection, and called to claim the job was not done correctly. The second inspector refused any claim for the roof or the interior water damage cause by the leak. I have coverage for both.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We have had Allstate for homeowners for over 35 years. We have not ever made any major high dollar claims. In the past two years we have place 2 claims for roof leakage. The last one was when there was severe storms with hail damage to our screens and a tornado just a few miles away. Each time the Allstate adjuster states we have had only 1-2 shingles blow off yet I have water damage in a bedroom and shingles out in my yard. Two of our neighbors one just across the street and one just two doors down the street have their roof replaced because of this storm!

Both homes are newer than ours. Many other neighbors have had their roofs repaired in the last two years with insurance. He stated to have a handyman go up and replace the shingles on the roof and for us to go in the attic when it rained and caulk the holes! We are filing a complaint with the state insurance commissioner and reaching out to one of the local TV stations who broadcast news on issues such as these. Let's see what Allstate says when a TV newsperson contacts them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We had a fire in April 2016. We ended up getting swindled into a public adjuster do to his misrepresentation. There was nothing we could do. These public adjusters were in cahoots with the adjusters in the Pa Malvern office. They inflated our estimate so high which didn’t benefit us at all. It only benefitted the adjuster and the restoration company he lied about owning. These public adjuster companies are known to do this and Allstate doesn’t care. We haven’t seen any money from Allstate at all. The public adjusters from Premium Loss did. Signed all the checks and acted as if the homeowner didn't pay the bogus contractor Protect restoration who is not in business any longer. They were a one-man company.

The Allstate estimators came in our home without the homeowner present and did an estimate. They falsified so many things. The age of everything was mostly under 5 yrs. The one adjuster Teresea ** happen to be friends with these public adjusters on social media for several years. Their Adjusters took a $1000 deductible out when it only $500. When they sent a check to reimburse us the check was still under the homeowner and the public adjuster premium loss. We can't cash a lousy $500 check but they could cash a $96,000.000 + another $61,000 + another $31,900 + another $6,800 + another $2,500. Does that seem fair?

They never put any money in escrow either. I'm wrong this because they don't deserve angry stars. They are the worst insurance company out there. Everyone we know is changing to Erie or Liberty Mutual and if I were you I would too. They are thieves and karma is coming for these frauds that work for them. I could go on forever about our fire. They did all this to an 83-year-old woman who doesn't know anything better.

Also they sent a recoverable depreciation check out without any proper invoices. They used a itemized list with an amount and Allstate released this money. This is FRAUD!!! There is no way possible they could have gotten almost the full amount of depreciation when a lot of work wasn't done!!! So so wrong many levels. All work was substandard. Just awful. Attached are pics of what was sent to Allstate in Malvern Pa for the Recoverable depreciation on the Dwelling and Allstate submitted a check for $31,911. They did not submit any invoices for work done. Just a list of work that only some of it was done. Thank you for allowing me to file this complaint. Sincerely, A customer for 58 yrs who had one claim prior and got the shaft!!!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I've been an Allstate customer (2 Homes and 2 Autos) for greater than 15 years. The unfortunate thing is I've had multiple bad experiences with this insurance company so I'm done. I have finally decided it's best to find an insurance company that really cares about its clients. A few years ago we had a serious storm in our neighborhood. Several of my neighbors needed to get their roof replaced. I called out Allstate and what happens, they denied the claim. Ok, so I said to myself perhaps my roof isn't as bad.

A year or so later I had to call them out again due to water damage in the house from a faulty/cracked roof which should have been identified when the adjuster was on the roof. This time the adjuster says, "Oh, you have a great roof for the age of your house." OMG! Every time that it rains shingles are blown off the house. Please tell me what the definition of great roof is, does it really mean that shingles should be falling off the house during each storm? I sure didn't think so.

House number two, I've noticed that when it rains we get water in the garage that eventually ended up in the house by way of the laundry room. I called out a chimney company because it seemed to possibly coming from that area. No problem, let me just get a new chimney cap is what I said to myself. The chimney company comes out and does a water test. They determined that there's water coming in from the chimney and also the roof. They also advised me to call the insurance company and have them figure out all of the ways I have water coming in. After paying to get the chimney cap put on I called out Allstate because of the damage inside the house and the fact that the chimney company said there's water coming in from several areas.

Allstate comes out gets on the roof, looks at the internal damage, takes a few pictures, looks in the attic, and then says they will contact me later in the day with the findings. Well, as you already suspect the adjuster calls me to say, "Sorry, but your claim is denied due to seepage." WHAT?! You have to be kidding me! This company seems to deny more claims than they approve, this is awful customer service. I am now shopping for another insurance carrier. Best of luck to anyone who keeps this insurance provider. They don't care about their customers.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have had Allstate for several years now, so I do not take this lightly. I am not just getting on here to write a bad review after one bad experience. It's been multiple problems over the span of 8 years. Their rates are astronomical. Completely bogus. I have had THE WORST agent known to man, Donna ** in Maumelle, Arkansas. She's not retired so it does no good mentioning her name, but her successor Jason ** isn't any better. First, I got a new car and was quoted $140 per month and even paid that amount in advance of my first automatic draft. Well, a month passes and I get refunded that $140 and a new draft is taken from my bank. $180!! PER MONTH FOR A DINKY LITTLE KIA SOUL! I was horrified.

No explanation, no call, NOTHING. And the rate goes up at least $25 a year. It's just nuts. And my house is 15 years old. We had 4 large hail storms in the last year. Everyone in my neighborhood got new roofs. I had 25 adjusters come by (common after hail storms, I know) and all have told me the same thing: You needed a new roof before the last hail storm! It has pockmarks all over it, loose shingles, and every time it rains there is a new pile of roof shingle gravel on my sidewalk and at the base of my gutter drains.

The Allstate adjuster came to approve or deny our claim and it was denied! They are trying to base our problems (which are CLEARLY hail damage) on "faulty installation." Give me a break! That isn't the case. Funny enough, this happened not 1 week after I read an article detailing how Allstate provides the worst customer service among American Home Insurers and that they recently underwent training to help them pin problems on things they aren't responsible for fixing and to help the company save 40% in total payouts for the year. I think we see the real reason they denied my claim. I am currently shopping for new insurance.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I've had my home and auto insurance on Allstate for over 10 years. Last year, I filed a hail damage claim on my partial tin roof and received about $1200 estimate from Allstate, which was $1500 less than the amount received from a local contractor (a friend of mine). I didn't think it was worth extra money and worried it would increase the premium so I decided to keep the dented roof, cancelling the claim request.

A few weeks ago, due to a windstorm that hit the NE region, I had 19 shingles blown away from one side of my roof. There was only one shingle damaged on the other side of the roof but my contractor recommended replacement saying the nails are loose and the roof shingles could be damaged with ease. In addition, the plastic clip that holds the windows in rail got broken in two locations. An initial suggestion from my contractor was replacing the shingles on both sides of roof. There was no part available for the windows.

It took almost a week to bring a third party inspector assigned by Allstate. The first estimate from Allstate (Claim Rep: Shavonne) was $640, or $140 after a $500 deductible. Rather offended, I appealed until an Allstate rep Brittany ** asked for a written estimate from my contractor. I had forwarded a $7150 quote to Brittany, including replacement of two windows.

After a few missed calls, she finally offered $3000 for shingle replacement only on half of the roof. I asked for her manager and was connected to a rep named John **. He basically said the same thing she said, repeating Allstate doesn't pay for non-visible claims. I explained what the contractor told me but was responded I would have to file claims every time loose shingles got blown away, paying a $500 deductible. He also denied the window claim saying it was maintenance issue.

I offered a conversation between my contractor and Allstate's estimator but John ** rejected this request saying I have to provide a written estimate describing the 'invisible damage'- the loose shingles, which means you have to spend your own money to hire the contractor to go up to the roof. I felt they would make every excuse to reduce or delay the process, until you get tired of the process.

That was the end. I didn't feel it was worth my time talking with these people. Allstate's strategy is to deny or undervalue the damage in the beginning then wait until the customer gets fed up. I tried to describe the situation as subjective as I could, so I didn't elaborate how many phone calls and how much time it took until I got here. The claim was filed on March 3, and the final call with John ** happened on Apr. 3.

If you have an experience with roof damage, you'd understand how frustrating it is to keep the damaged roof covered with a tarp. I tried my best to expedite this process, but ended up receiving just $2500 to replace the half of my roof after the $500 deductible. Allstate's motto is 'You're in good hands'. You figure it out. BTW, when I was checking around for other insurance companies, I found out their quotes were about $200 lower than Allstate's.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I am a project manager and handle customer damage claims, I could tell you that Allstate is the worst company to deal with, their adjusters don't give a damn about you or anyone else never return calls and always lowball the adjustment. Is hard to get them to pay a fair amount for anything. They also use third party inspectors that don’t know they’re doing, going on to 2 weeks now since we started the claim to have a roof replaced and have not heard from these irresponsible crooks yet. All they want is your money. Stay away from ALLSTATE.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Horrible company if you actually need them to pay a claim. I have had auto, home, boat, and business policies with Allstate for over ten years. I have never had to file a claim with any of my policies until last month. After paying in tens of thousands of dollars to them I filed a claim for damage to my roof. The two adjusters they sent out did not actually go up and inspect my roof but had a unlicensed flunky go up and report to the adjuster who waits on the ground what they saw. I had my contractor on site pointing out to the unlicensed worker the damage during both inspections. They didn't agree with my contractor about the damage.

I pointed out to Allstate that they need to send a actually licensed adjuster to go up and inspect my roof. I was treated by their customer service reps with unprofessional, condescending attitudes. I will start looking for other insurance companies today to give my business and will let others know of my very unpleasant experience with Allstate. You never know how good or horrible your insurance company is until you need them. Allstate won't be there for you.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have had homeowners insurance for 18 years. Filed 2 claims. I filed a claim due to the roof damages again. This is the second claim for roof damages. The first claim they didn’t pay for either which was back in 2015. Today a company came out for the insurance company to take pictures while the adjuster was on Skype, and said she would get back with us. However she did just that with a settlement for $58.00 when we have gotten quotes from several different companies saying the roof needs to be replaced. Let’s not forget that the company that came out said we need to put a tarp on the roof so no more Damages is done. So they know the damages are there. The roof is leaking enough it has made places in my ceiling. My deductible is $250.00. I would not recommend this company to anyone, and I’m currently looking for new homeowners insurance.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I received a estimate in the mail. The insurance looked great. I made a phone call to the local agent in De Pere Wisconsin The Prill agency and from the quoted rate the actual “went up over $500 on homeowners insurance alone. Let alone mentioning how much it went up on automobile insurance. This is the company I will never do business with again. They implemented what is known as the bait and switch they send you a piece of paper from the agency saying this is customized to your house and when you actually call them they switch it. I would advise if you need insurance for your home or auto to call anyone except Allstate. They truly are not a good hands people.

Allstate Homeowners Insurance Company Information