2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Alfa Auto Insurance

Alfa Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Members of Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) can get auto insurance through ALFA Insurance. The company doesn't participate in *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch. To get quotes from verified partners, call InsuraMatch today.

BOTTOM LINE

Alfa Auto Insurance offers standard and non-standard car insurance to 10 states in the South and part of the Midwest, with core operations in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi. Services can be accessed online, through agents or via its smartphone app. Positive reviewers are happy with their claims experiences and are likely to renew their policy.

PROS

• Lower rates than the national average
  • Low complaint index
  • Excellent financial strength rating
  • Special discounts and benefits for AFF (Alabama Farmers Association) members
  • Coverage for loss of clothing and luggage in a crash

CONS

• No discounts for seniors, military members and multiple vehicles
  • Limited coverage to 10 states

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Alfa Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alfa Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alfa?

Original review: June 11, 2020

I had the worst experience ever with this company. Signed up with an agent last Friday, and called my previous insurance to cancel I was asked why. After explaining was told loyal customer for 8 years so rate dropped so won't leave. Texted agent to inform. I contacted Alfa/Trexis to inform canceling and reason why. Told write letter sign date then email customer service. I did it. Was emailed that will take 24 to 48 hours for underwriting to process. I called to find out refund status to issue said 48 hours, and has to cancel policy but when called with account number stated not valid so knew canceled. Check bank account payment posted saying pending. I called my bank was told a week to take hold off.

Called Trexis a nice gentleman spoke with stated shouldn't be, and will look onto it. He did call back but said still looking in it. Waited 2 hours no call. Called Trexis back. Told it's no hold for a week. Informed why would bank lie. I told them calling my attorney. I did call lawyer, and informed details. Before they could call them I checked my account money posted. I've never dealt with this and never will again. Do review on company before signing up. Ridiculous.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I have full coverage with this company, my deductible is of 1000$. I have a BMW convertible that the back window was broken with the cloth on the back of the car, they told me since my car is a 2008 they don’t cover for new parts and that through a 3rd party online the window and everything else would be less than 900 $, they don’t want to be responsible. I do not recommend this company at all. BMW is writing me an estimate of 5600$ and 3400 are in parts only.

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have paid for roadside assistance for several years and today was the first time I tried to use it. I was maybe 4 miles from my house and needed to be towed home. They wanted me to pay $75 out of pocket to be towed home. What is the point of roadside assistance if you have to pay to be towed less than 4 miles. I will be dropping Alfa first thing in the morning as soon as other insurance companies are open to get a quote. I will have a new insurance company and never again will I use Alfa.

Original review: March 6, 2020

The worst company there ever was. I called 15 times to extend my rental and no one answered. I finally blocked my number, called back and got to speak with Elizabeth **. She automatically knew what I needed even tho she wouldn’t return calls or emails. They won’t extend and couldn’t give me a solid reason and wait 'til the last day of the rental. The body shop told me he’s had nothing but trouble out of this company as well as other insurance companies. He’s had to pay for several others rental because of Trexis. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone total scam and rip off!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

They are the worst insurance company I have ever had and will no longer do business with them. Hit a deer and they totalled my car for half of blue book value and never had a clam in two years paying full coverage.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I decided not to renew my policy with Alfa my agent Chun, regarding this. Chun advised me to send an email to her of my wishes to not renew, in which I did exactly that. About a week later, Alfa Ins Co. drafted the renewal amount from my account, although I followed the instructions of my agent. When I notified my agent about the draft she told me it was too late to stop the transaction. My agent never said anything regarding this during our last conversation. I waited for the return of my money for a week. I called my agent, Chun and left voicemails, I didn't receive a call hack. I called Alfa's corporate office. I was told that my check was issued on the 3rd HOWEVER it had not been mailed as of yet...10 days later. UNPROFESSIONAL!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I can't even begin to describe how frustrated I am with Alfa insurance. A year ago when I was moving, I could not reach my Alfa agent. Apparently he had retired and no one bothered to notify me of who was handling my insurance. I spent 2 weeks on the phone and via emails. And finally someone named Rachel at Alfa Insurance - Doug Blevins Agency. I received by new policy. But when I got the invoice, there was a cost difference (more?). I wasn't provided with a very good answer.

In July 2019, I received my bill which had gone up again. I emailed Rachel. I got this email doesn't exist response? Finally, got someone at the Alfa Insurance - Doug Blevins Agency. Basically, because I live in town close to my job, I am expected to pay more in insurance. The person suggested I move way out to where they are. I would have lower rates and a 1-2 hour commute. I didn't find this very helpful. Then I realized this week, I did not receive an invoice. I paid online as soon as I realized this. I called Alfa Insurance - Doug Blevins Agency again and asked what happened, Hannah didn't really give me a good reason why. When I asked what we could do to keep it from happening again, she basically said, "We can't help it if it gets lost in the mail."

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I've been with this Trexis company almost 2 yrs now. Never made a claim until recently. They denied the claim in one day! And when I was trying to get an explanation as to why the adjuster was very rude and also hung up on me. I've been trying to call back to get more information and no one will answer or return my calls. Be beware this company is a total RIP off!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Called in regards of getting a quote and adding a driver and was never given a quote due to stating I want to add an additional driver. Very rude. When policy is over plan to terminate due to how I was spoken to by worker Shandy and manager Gaye **. Very bad representatives.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

First of all, I had Alfa for approx 2 years. My home, Harley Davidson and Ford Truck were insured. I paid 6 months in advance to save a little. The good, I had a Harley accident and they were great, helped me quite a bit (no fault accident). The bad? They raised my home ins. through a third party company almost 200 bucks this last time and did not notify me, It was lousy coverage. I went through USAA and got about the same price with triple the coverage for 200 less. My vehicle policy was cheaper as well with better coverage. I was going to keep the Harley ins. with them but told me basically all or nothing, greedy much? Then there is the yearly membership, what a joke. Why would I pay these people for a membership? Better prices? Not, better coverage, not. Your membership income really adds up when you take into account all the people paying. All the others have no membership fee.

Alfa Auto Insurance Company Information