Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
Alfa Auto Insurance
1.42/5

Alfa Auto Insurance

Members of Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) can get auto insurance through ALFA Insurance. The company doesn't participate in *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch. To get quotes from verified partners, call InsuraMatch today.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Alfa Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This is the second time, and the service has not improved! I called in a deer collision, left a voice mail. Had to take the day off. Called again, talked to an agent, described the incident, I even gave a police report. I was promised to get a call around noon at the latest. Well, I had to wait until 4.32pm to get a call. Just a bad experience all around.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The customer service reps and managers are rude, interrupt you when you are trying to explain the issue at hand. The managers do not know for certain the company policies. I was inconvenience after two years of being a policyholder and was finally told the type of policy I have is not valid. Please be caution when thinking about switching to this company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My wife’s father was killed in a vehicle accident on May the 5th 2017. On her birthday no less. My wife nor her brother who is a minor child nor her sister have received any benefits. Also they have had several court dates for her minor brother and they keep getting jacked around. This is outrageous and insanely ridiculous. No insurance company should be like this. Oh and he was not at fault during the wreck. He was trying to make a turn and was hit in the rear of his vehicle at 70 miles an hour and died on impact.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Last year in July I sold a truck I had and removed it from my insurance. (So I thought.) I have direct paperless billing so this year when my renewal came in I noticed they have been billing me for this truck that I haven't owned in a year. So I told them and they wanted proof I sold it. Went to the buyer and got proof of the time truck was sold. Now they still haven't refunded the money that they took without permission and so I don't pay my bill a couple days ago because of this and they cancelled my insurance. To me I feel like they stole money out of my account without permission and for no reason and I really don't think anyone should have to worry about that. Today they still have it under review and it's been almost two months now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

This company is horrible. One of Trexis customers rear ended me. The adjuster I had was Bethany **! She was extremely rude and unprofessional. It was so hard getting In contact with her. Bethany never returned any phone calls. I had to get in contact with customer service and they were HORRIBLE! I spoke with their supervisor and guess what he was rude his self. This company needs to get shut down immediately. I was sent a check and couldn't cash it, because they didn't put their address on it. What a bunch of idiots!! I am filing a case with the insurance commissioner regarding Trexis!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alfa?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I wish that I didn't even have to give this company 1 star. I would give negative if I could... Back in April, my husband's friend had borrowed one of our cars that we weren't driving, for a couple of days while his was being worked on. He was taking his girls to school one morning and while sitting in the drop-off line, the woman in front of him, who was insured by TREXIS (previously ALFA), put the car in reverse, instead of drive, and completely ran up on the hood of our car. They filed a report with the officer on the scene and filled out all the information for the 2 drivers and the owner of the vehicles and insurance information, so TREXIS had our information as the owners of the vehicle, but didn't pay attention to it, so they started contacting my husband's friend about the claim.

We thought this was normal at first because they needed his statement about what happened, but then they continued to treat him as the owner and discuss payment and repair information. He informed them that he was not the owner and they needed to contact us, but the next day they continued to contact him as if he never even addressed it. This went on for 3 months until he finally told them for the last time to stop calling him because he is not the owner and cannot make those decisions. They even sent a check for part of the damages in HIS NAME, without verifying that they were making it out to the correct person. He could have taken that money if he was a dishonest person!

But this isn't even the worst part. Once they finally listened about who to contact, they start reaching out to my husband and he asks me to be the one to talk to them and work everything out. So I call the adjuster and introduce myself and ask him to update me on what all is going on since this is my first time talking to him. He immediately starts telling me that they are totaling out the car because the damage is too much and that they have sat on this for too long and need to settle ASAP. First of all, it is their fault that it was drug out for 3 months because they had been contacting the wrong person!

Second of all, the only damage was a little of the front bumper and the hood, but they want to total it?! So, I ask why and was told that the value of the car is way below what it actually is. I ask for a copy of the valuation and the things they put on there to knock the price down was a flat out lie. They knocked value off for holes and tears in the interior, when there are literally not ANY. They knocked value off because the windows were not tinted and they absolutely are! I could go on and on, but anyways, I asked them to provide pictures of these things that they are claiming and instead I just get ignored or given some excuse as to why they won't. I argue with them about this and offered to submit any sort of documentation that they would like to back this up and was told that they would not accept anything from us to re-evaluate and that their value is firm and they will not budge.

So, I tell them that I also am not going to budge, because I am firm on what I know the value is, as well. I should also add that actually having these conversations are like pulling teeth, because I would put in several phone calls, voicemails and emails to the adjuster, before he would ever finally call me or email me back. After literally only 2 conversations with him and trying to come to an agreement. I get an email stating that due to my unwillingness to come to a settlement agreement, after multiple attempts, that they have no choice but to close the claim! My unwillingness?! Multiple attempts?! We only talked twice and I had to chase him down for days just to have those conversations!

This is a long rant, but I think everyone should beware of this company and know exactly what they are like. The whole time I have dealt with them they have been rude and unprofessional and you can tell that they have no desire to provide even decent customer service. Even when I contacted the supervisor, he was just as rude and unhelpful. They will lowball you and do anything they can to keep from paying you what you are owed. So now we are in a position where they want to total out our car, but won't give enough money to replace it and put us back in the position that we were before the accident. The accident that wasn't our fault! This is unacceptable and judging by all these other comments, this seems to be just the way they do business. Someone is going to have to step in and put a stop to this.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was ok with the customer service at first, downhill from there. If you wanna pay your bill in person, there is a fee for that. Also, bill has gone up so high it's more than my car payment, that's full coverage on a financed 2011 Camry. Ridiculous. I have recently gotten 3 quotes so far from other reputable companies. All of them cost less than half what I am paying now. Progressive offered the best amenities with roadside assistance and loan payoff selected and it was still way cheaper than ALFA. The increases really jumped when they announced their name change to TREXIS. Everyone I know is looking to switch from ALFA. Also if you are in an accident and the other party has ALFA, they will say neither party is at fault to go up on both parties' rates. When they tack on the dues for membership, it's basically a second car payment folks. I've been a member for almost a year and my parents, members for 8 years. Good luck out there.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Alfa requires you to join their club with dues. No more. Premiums increased too much. I found better coverage and savings of 200.00 per year.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Do not use Trexis. Their rates are higher than anyone and they will do anything to cheat you out of money. I was paid up through June 26 and canceled June 16th for one vehicle and June 18th for the second. I went over all of this on the phone with the agent who assured me I would receive a check but instead I was sent a bill for more, $17.36 because of a multi vehicle discount. The agent I spoke outright lied to me or I would have canceled both vehicles on the same date. I was lied to outright multiple times and their prices are absurd which is why I canceled. DO NOT USE. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT LIARS.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I called in to make a payment they overcharged my card a $100. It's been 7 days. I've called. They promise to call me back every day. No callback, no money back, no nothing. This place sucks. There's never even a manager to on-site when you call. So unprofessional. They will get not one more dollar of my money. Pretty much I just have to suck it up as they stole my money!! It has been reported to the Better Business Bureau!

Alfa Auto Insurance Company Information