AIG Auto Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had AIG Private Client Group Auto Insurance for over a year now. I had my BMW insured with them, I have filed 2 claims in the past year and they have been more than helpful in not just the claim part but personally as well by whatever was going on around my personal life adjusted accordingly. They are the most flexible when it comes to car rental, regardless of whatever your case is whether someone else hit you and you are going to file through the other's insurance, I got a rental through them in minutes and they handled my case as professionally and the best viable way possible. Very happy customer! Felt like they just want to give money away, "here just take it we got a lot." :)

I insured my new Honda CRV with AIG in Abu Dhabi, UAE. 18 months later a bus lost a tire, the tire hit my front fender. Obviously I was not at fault, police report says I'm not at fault. Now my insurance has been canceled because I made a claim. They didn't even notify me that they had canceled the policy. Crap company... won't use them again.

I called AIG because their quote was great for 100.000 policy however after she told me I was covered for murder I'm finding out that claims for just about everything through ConsumerAffairs and other companies, that they're full of aggravation stress just to get a few dollars. This is outrageous and this company and others like it should be shut down or seriously sued. Perhaps then they would change. My heart sinks to hear these stories. I know they're true because I did a claim many years ago and all my doctors said I was very sick could not work and my worker's compensation only paid 2 weeks salary. I had to see their insurance doctor and said I was great, "go back to work". I couldn't believe this. I had to go through their nurse who constantly demand doctor's notes all the time so I know what these claims put a person through. Please a huge law firm kick into action and get them good billion dollar companies...

AIG, with little warning, informed their agents that they would no longer provide auto insurance in Italy. As consumers, we have been trying with other companies but their response is that no current information about our policy is held on Italy's Insurance database. We have tried through our agents to get the updates so that we can apply for new insurance. They say there are technical problems! Consequence for us is that any prospective insurer says that there is no proof of no claims and therefore a fully weighted premium will apply. We have never made a claim and thus AIG is going to cost us dearly. I would like to know if we can sue AIG for failure to operate properly in Italy?

Had a non at fault claim with AIG. Insurance company refused to cover rental car. I needed an SUV since my car was an SUV and they refused to cover it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG?

In 2000 my 1997 Honda CIVIC was involved with a flash flood. I was paid not only the full payoff amount but was able to get a new car plus have extra money for my baby that was due in a month. They were very fast at paying us and I highly recommend them.

My experience with this company has been really good. I have never had any trouble with them and they have always been more than willing to pay up whenever I have had an accident or any other damage to my car. If I take my car to be repaired by one of their listed repair companies, they even waive my $100 deductible. My actual auto insurance is called IDS and it's under the umbrella of AIG. I have had this company for so many years that I can't even remember the year I started with them. They are based out of Wisconsin and I have only done business over the phone with them and they have always been great!

I was in the middle of nowhere when my car broke down yesterday. I called AIG to ask for assistance. However, they refused to provide any assistance at all on the grounds that they could not trace my insurance policy to verify my status.

To reduce our monthly bills my terminally ill husband and I inquired as to the 75% accelerated benefit payout on his insurance policy because taking it meant our monthly premium would be reduced by 75%. We were assured the processing fee would be no more than $300. Now they are demanding $1750 and have engaged a collection firm that keeps harassing me. We would never have agreed to that because the fee they now want is far in excess of the monthly premium savings. My husband only had months to live and died within 3 months.

I would never use their service, the representative was rude and did not have time for my concerns at all. There are many services available that actually are about you as a person. Do not waste your time with this service. Read all the complaints before you waste any of your money. Again money is short and you need someone who actually values you and your family. Do not waste your time. Be sure to read all the complaints first.

I insured my new Toyota Vios back in May 2013 for a premium of $1,491.97 which was then slightly higher than what I used to have but accepted it as this tied with the insurance rebate from Borneo Motor. This premium was after 15% OPC discount, 10% NCD and 5% promotional discount. The renewal premium notice came early May quoted by AIG as $1,573.18 after 15% OPC discount, 20% NCD and 10% BMS Renewal Discount. After I called AIG, they gave a further 5% discount (final $1,497.96) saying that is the best they can offer. I ask for the reasons for the premium hike, they can only said these are based on their internal data that cannot be reveal how they derive to such an amount and that market value of the car is only one of the factor, no general consensus of the insurance industry nor any news clippings to substantiate their increases.

This year's premium $1,497.96 is still higher that my last year's by $6, but the increase is more than 20% factoring additional 10% NCD, 10% BMS Renewal Discount and the fact that my car is a year older where the insured amount stipulate clearly market value. What justification for the increase which AIG cannot substantiate or attempt to explain despite attempts through their followups and online survey verification.

On 29th May 2014, Business Times published that motor insurance premiums have fallen as most insurers cut prices after a profitable year in 2013, while others compete for more business. In the article, it cited an example that AIG had reduce the premiums by 18.9% however my recent motor insurance with AIG have inflated by more than 20%. I called early July to demand a letter of explanation as to why my premiums were inflated while they publicly said that their premiums have reduced. A day latter, AIG called and said that there is a computer glitch and my premium should be reduced by $232.46 and took them 2 to 3 weeks to mail the cheque to me.

To me, ($1,497.96-232.46) =$1,265.50 is still not the 20% discount entitlement least to talk about premium reduction. Yet, AIG were not apologetic as I have yet to receive any letter of explanation of the differences. Called again to find out whether they are going to sent the letter and told that with the refund, the case was considered closed. I reiterate my demand for a letter of explanation, one week past nothing coming through. I called and told that AIG management thought that it was not necessary to sent letter, but I asked had AIG informed me about their decision which they cannot answer. Then, I set another deadline for one more week for their letter. To this end, no letter nor contact made after the deadline.

I only conclude that AIG simply ignore their customer and brush aside customer' rights to know, after numerous phone calls to their customer service over more than 3 months. Can you imagine, had this was a claim wonder how the claimant were treated. AIG supposed to be a international company that was bidded out recently by US taxpayer become very arrogant, opaque, dishonest, paying lips service, said what you don't do and the worst the management hiding behind the customer service hotline. Can anyone together with the relevant authorities, GIA, CASE, other insurers and Competition Council please comments on this?

Just a few words of warning about this excuse for an insurance company. They are a money grabbing useless shower of ** who will take your money and forget you exist until its time to renew your policy. Two words: "Keep clear".

I paid them to insure my car and they sent me insurance cards and then I received a letter from NYS DMV saying that AIG did not electronically verify my insurance and to contact them through either my insurance agent or direct to AIG. I have done that as of Feb 8th 2010 and they say they have confirmed my insurance with DMV but when I verify through DMV, they say the have not received any verification from AIG. I have been daily since Feb 8th when I received the DMV notice contacted the insurance agent and sat with him hours while on the phone trying to get this fixed, still it hasn't been confirmed. The letter says that after 30 days, my registration and driver's license will be suspended.

I can not drive my vehicle because if stopped, it will show through DMV that I'm uninsured and they will impound my vehicle. This has gone on since Dec 30, 2009 and as of today, it is 59 days and on the 60th day, DMV says they will suspend my registration and license to drive. Help.

AIG refused to negotiate in good faith with me when their insured hit me head on. I have a bulging disc in my back and it has aggravated my rheumatoid arthritis and cervical spinal disease. They didn't pay all the car rental, or and many other parts of the claim. They used 3 different claims examiners with my attorney and have totally low balled the claim. These bail out kings almost put the US in a depression and they can't pay legitimate auto claims.

We filed a claim with AIG. Mr. ** was the claim adjuster. He denied the claim. I called and left a message. He returned my call. He sounded defensive, but he said that he was having trouble with his voice mail. I was talking to him about our insurance, but he started interrupting me. His tone was rude. He said our policy wasn't good since 2006. I told him that we were still paying the premiums. He said he noticed that, but we have to cancel the police. It was hard to talk to him. He wouldn't stop talking and listen. I finally told him goodbye. When I was getting ready to hang up, he said, "Mrs. **, I can't talk to you about your husband's previous claim." If this was the problem, why didn't he tell me instead of being so rude and abrasive. I would be out of a job if I talked to our patients like that.

My house was broken into last fall and my truck was stolen. It was recovered, and the only things the adjustor addressed were the windshield and scratches on the door. I had major problems with the truck. It was back in the shop seven times from January until March, when I had an accident. I was on a steep dirt road, and had some type of a front end failure. AIG will not take or return calls or emails. I tried using an attorney, Miguel **, in Alamogordo, NM, but he met with similar results, none.

I did not know that I was injured, at the time. I thought I was just sore from the impact. I have 2 pinched nerves in my back, and they won't even take my phone calls, as they issued a check for the truck, and this claim is closed. The truck has a bent frame, which AIG wants to stretch and pull and put back on the road, with the statement, "If anything happens in the future, we will not be responsible." I used this truck for my business and carry clients, and I will not take the chance of injuring anyone.

Our recent experience with AIG Insurance mirrors many of the complaints found on this site. For a brief time, my stepson had insurance with AIG. I helped him obtain that policy when he received a car as a gift from his brother-in-law, as I was insured with AIG at the time. It should be noted that this stepson is over 21 (on his own), and not under my roof. From the get-go, it was problematic. I paid the first premiums on my debit card, and gave them his address for future billings. They continued to charge my card, even after being notified that they were not permitted to do so. In disgust with AIG, 60 days later, my stepson obtained a new and cheaper policy with State Farm. AIG was notified that new insurance had been obtained, and given a cancellation notice. In fact, there were a few days overlap.

AIG attempted to collect from my bank account after cancellation. After spending an hour on the phone with customer no-service, it appeared that the problem was resolved. After that incident, I, too ,decided to find a different insurance carrier, and canceled AIG . This past month, he received a notice from Vital Recovery Services claiming he owed them $171.19. He called them on the number given in the notice. After calling their toll free number and talking with one of their representatives at Vital Recovery Services (and getting nowhere), he found himself forced to respond by certified registered letter. He notified them that they were attempting to collect a debt that is not legitimate. He made clear that AIG insurance is incorrect in their claim that any monies are owed.

It needs to be clear that at the time of his cancellation with AIG, all premiums were current. It appears that AIG continued to bill for a canceled policy, though they were properly notified. I can assure you that dealing with AIG's customer service was a dreadful experience. Therefore, as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), he notified them in writing that this debt is disputed, as he attempted to first do in his first call to Vital Recovery Services. As far as I'm concerned, the truth is simple. This debt is not valid, and, therefore, is a fraudulent attempt to collect money not owed. Under FCRA, he requested that his legal rights be adhered to by both your Vital Recovery Services and AIG.

My stepson demanded that this not be reported to any credit bureaus without including his notice of dispute. He also reminded them since they have been now notified of this error in writing, they may not continue to report the information until this matter is fully resolved. We will see if any of this works. I remain convinced that this is a willful violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and will probably have to engage the services of an attorney. Sections 616 and 617 of the federal "Fair Credit Reporting Act" permit people to sue for "Willful Noncompliance" or "Negligent Noncompliance" of the FCRA. In addition, he will also report it to the Federal Trade Commission.

It is simply not right that people should be forced to pay for AIG's mistakes by what appears to be an in-house debt collection agency. They must be stopped from running over consumers! In light of last year's bailout of AIG (to the tune of billions of federal taxpayer dollars), one almost has to wonder if AIG's horrid customer service was partly to blame for their self-inflicted demise.

Injured in a wreck with a semi, on disability for life, AIG offers me $6,500. Unemployed for almost 4 years, mental and physical impairment was working before this accident. This caused approximately $25,000 to $30,000 in damage, not including the wages lost for almost 4 years of unemployment, traveling to doctors' offices, pain, suffering, and mental anguish. Even my lawyer couldn't take it, I owe him 35 percent of all my money and now I am considering hiring another lawyer. Their total profit will be approximately 70 percent, leaving me with nothing for future care, surgery, medication, etc.

I paid AIG for insurance on my apartment for the first time with a credit card. A year later, they automatically billed my credit card for the renewal, although I never gave them permission to bill me automatically. I distinctly remember the short simple call, asking to pay them, providing my credit card for payment and then getting a confirmation number and saying goodbye. I called them right away and asked them to take me off of auto billing, which they said they would. Of course, now a year later, they billed me once again this time, taking me over my limit on my credit card and I have already notified them half a year ago that I moved out of that apartment. I called them to tell them, once again, they billed me without permission. They said I had to cancel and request a credit via email.

I did that today, so I'm just waiting to see if I'll actually get any follow through this time. I work for American Express and I see dispute after dispute everyday with merchants who were given a card number and then months or years later, make another unauthorized charge on it. Merchants who can never seem to stop billing people regularly and merchants who said they cancelled services but they really didn't.

I recently moved from Maine to Massachusetts, where AIG does not offer auto insurance coverage. I switched to Amica and called AIG to cancel. They said they would cancel the policy in three days when my new coverage took effect. Coincidentally, I was broadsided 10 minutes after I switched insurance companies. Since it was the other driver's fault, his company covered all of my damages.

I notified AIG about the accident since they were still technically my insurance provider. They took no action since I was going through the other driver's company. A few weeks later, I noticed that AIG had withdrawn money from my checking account (automatic payment) even though I had cancelled. It was at a significantly higher rate than my usual payment. I assumed that it was some sort of computer glitch. I called AIG and asked what was going on.

They told me that they had no idea what I was talking about when I told them I had cancelled weeks ago. They said they had no records of me even calling in the last several months. I told them that I had called at least three times: once when I had moved two months ago to notify them of my new address (they claimed that they had no knowledge of this new address even though I have received mail from them at my new address since then!), once to cancel, and again to notify them of my accident.

They actually had the audacity to say that I was lying! I have an email confirmation of my cancellation so they won't get away with this. Their explanation for the higher payment rate was that they can increase the premium at any time without notice. What? The person I was speaking to eventually felt bad for me and became candid. He told me a way I could get my money back by faxing some forms. He told me to call immediately after I sent the forms and follow through with them until the money was back in my account and my policy was cancelled (again).

He said that otherwise, my request would probably be ignored. I can only imagine what is going on within that company, but it is disgusting that we gave them $85 billion to keep them afloat. As for the forms that the rep told me to print from their website, they don't seem to exist. I stumbled across this site trying to find the forms in vain.

21s century also known now as AIG will not send us the consent to rate form like promised. My wife and I have been attempting to get the form for 4 months now. We will be driving to Arizona and having a family and driving so far, of course we should be covered. AIG doesent even know abou the move yet but we recieve all normal mail / policy changes. POLICY INCREASES in the mail but of course not are consent to rate. I dont know why but they are just a horrible company who refuses to help.

In April 2007, I was in an at fault car accident where I rear ended another vehicle. I was at a stop light along with the other vehicle that was in front of me. We had the ability to turn right on the red light in which the vehicle in front of me proceeded to turn right and then suddenly stopped as I was attempting to turn right as well. I hit the rear end of the other vehicle at very slow speed because I was too close to stop in time.

There was no damage to my vehicle, 2005 BMW 325CI convertible and minimal damage to the other vehicle which resulted in less than 700.00 dollars paid to repair a minor scratch to the fender that has many patches of chipped paint on the fender. However, the driver said she saw an area on the fender of her miata where my car caused damage. The accident happened while I was under 21st Century who later became AIG Insurance Co.

When it was time to renew my policy in 01/2009 with AIG, my premium had increased from 245.00 monthly to approx.$655.00 monthly. I called AIG to find out why my premium had increased to such a large amount, and the AIG representative informed me I was being charged the increase due to the accident I incurred in April of 2007. I explained that there was no damage to my car and minimal damage to the other vehicle of less than 700.00 dollars. I asked to speak with the claims adjuster of the 2007 accident and was given his phone number. I left several messages with the 21st Century claims adjuster who never returned my calls. Unfortunately, I was so angered with this information and never receiving a return phone call that I dropped my insurance with AIG.

Upon searching for new insurance, I learned through Progessive Insurance and Geico Insurance that there was information reported from AIG/21st Century that a claim was paid on an April 2007 accident in the amount of $40,000 dollars and that is why I am receiving such high quotes. Approximately two years later, AIG/21st Century reportedly paid her the above cash amount for vehicle damages to the miata of less than $700.00 dollars. I had no prior at fault collision accidents with either companies.

I believe this was a scam by AIG/21st Century to get money and I am not sure if the money was actually paid to anyone nor would the amount of money paid justify such a minor accident. I believe this money was stolen by the AIG/21st Century and made to look as though they paid a claim. The representatives of the two above named insurance companies, Progressive and Geico, upon reviewing the reported information stated as to how much was paid out to repair the vehicle of less than $700 made no sense to award the driver $40,000 dollars.

I had an auto policy with them 2 years ago that i had paid in full. Today I received a collections notice (2 years later) from Vital Recovery services, Inc. for $54 because they claim, that they had to insure me for 30 days after I canceled. This makes no sense at all. How can you force insurance on me after I canceled? I went over my insurance clause and nowhere does it state this information where I had signed.

I contacted the State of Connecticut Insurance commissioner and was informed that this is an illegal practice in the state of Connecticut.

Now, the guy I spoke to on the phone claims they will ruin my credit if I don't pay the bill. I asked him how is it possible your company can blackmail me like this, he tried to say it wasn't blackmail, EXCUSE ME but it is! They are holding my credit report hostage unless I pay them money that I do not owe them.

I do not plan on paying this bill because I refuse to give in to them, I will do everything in my power to combat these jerks. It starts here!

Our daughter was hit by a person with insurance through UAIG. She was hit broadside while at a complete stop, went 20-30 feet down the shoulder. Her bills including the loss of our car was approximately $8,500.00. We were paid for our car, but at a rate that was much less than it was valued. We have been told that all chiropractors are quacks, that her injuries, although soft tissue injuries that almost never heal completely, were basically non-existent. We were told that former adjustors were no longer employed by the company; however, they still have a voicemail. Then we were told we were never told that. They do not want to offer a settlement that is in any way fair. We did not get a lawyer because any amount that was obtained through a lawyer would be eaten away in fees, etc.

I have heard nothing good about this company and my opinion, which they could care less about, is the same as the ones I have already heard. They stink as a company. Our government wasted their money if they helped this one.

I was struck by an 18-wheeler at the speed of 70 mph. I have five herniated disk, head injury, PTSD, Cervical Radiculpathy, etc. I have been hospitalized for mental problems due to pain from the accident. I have undergone severe pain also by receiving many injections in my spine for pain relief. I fell into deep depression. I tried to commit suicide. Even my paramedics and doctor put down it was due to my accident. I have approximately $25,000 in damage. My car was in the shop for 2 months. I have been unemployed due to this accident. I am currently on disability through the Social Security Administration. I have lost my best friends, my soon to be wife. I have been living with my family ever since this auto accident. I lost the chance to work for a ministry that airs throughout an affiliate station of Trinity Broad Coast in network.

Since I had no health insurance at the time of the accident, doctors treat me as a second-class citizen. I get less care. I just got out of a mental hospital a week ago. AIG offered me $6,500. They have a one-million dollar insurance policy. My lawyer threw my case out. I am on my own. I owe him 35 percent by contract. I didn’t have these problems before. I don’t want government welfare. I want to work and live like everybody else. This is how AIG treats Americans. I am not an American anymore. The building is next to the Federal Reserve in New York City. It should be in the Guantanamo prison because these people don't belong in our country.

AIG is saying I owe them $226.13 for auto insurance that I canceled and was not notififed by them that I had to give them 30 days written notice that I was canceling the policy. Now they have turned it over to their parent company for collection. They have Vital Recovery services doing the dirty work for them. I never received a policy from to even see what the coverage was so how could I read any of the policy and that was why it was canceled.

Being charged for something you don't get and say you received a copy of it, and you can not defend yourself in the court of the land is bad, but taking poor kids money to set up ceo's is bad too. Why have consumer protection.

They didn't pay enough hospital bills to get my injury corrected. Also the at fault party was drunk which they ommited.

Still my hand is not fixed. Need more complex surgery to fix it.

I was in tijuana near the the border in Otay haveing lunch in a restaurant on july 26 when my 2002 chevy suburban was stolen. By the way it was stolen across from the PGR which is the Tijuana police, how ironic... Anyhow I called my agent which was west coast insurance and they assured me it was covered up to 25 miles past the border. I was told to call AIG with my policy # which i got from them. That's the reason i called them first.

All my information like registration, and policy# was in my glove compartment. So i called in while i was in TIJUANA before crossing over here and made my claim. I was told they were going to try to make an exception, but i told the adjustor that when i first got the policy i was told that it was included in the coverage. I had since renewed my policy and never recived the new one in the mail beacuse i moved, yet i did an address change with them.So they investigated and called me to inform me i wasn't covered therefore i was responsible and i would receive something in the mail which i never did.

When i went to the office of my agent i told them to refund me the amount left on my policy and i was told they would not be reimbursing me anything. About 6 months before that i went in to the office of my agent to get another copy of my insurance card and they asked me on which of the 3 vehicles? I had gone into the office a year beofre that in jan 2007 to remove my 96 suburban and to have the 2002 chevy suburban added. I traded my 1996 suburban as a down payment. The change was made but i was paying for 3 automobiles for over a year.

They never sent me a new policy. So my payments were being automatically deducted from my bank account. Anyhow i would never would have caught it if i hadn't gone in to ask for another copy of my insurance card. I asked them to refund that $ which they didn't give me an amount as to how much it was. I was told it would be applied towards my policy and i was covered until october of 2008.This was like in february when i went. Anyhow i would not reccommend this company to anyone. They are nothing but liars and cheats. They have no integrity. Needless to say i did not renew with them . I was recently notified that my truck was recovered in ROSARITO and my finance company Wachovia refused to go and recover the truck. o i am left to have to deal with this ordeal on my own.

I am now being taken to court by Wachovia.M y credit is ruined and they have entered a judgement against me and are suing me in court.

I have had insurance through AIG for about 3 yrs.I live on SSI disability and it was difficult to keep making monthly installments that kept going up.Finally I went and got another policy through another company,with no clue to what was going on with AIG.I feel that a refund should be given to me since the policy was not actually in effect.Good thing I didn't get into an accident or get pulled over,I would have been in alot of trouble finically.

I had to borrow money to pay my insurance to AIG.

I rear ended a guy and he had no insurance , in California it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle on public highways or public streets without proof of Insurance. I asked the agent not to pay the claim because I told him the car should not have been on the road and if it was parked in his driveway with no insurance I would have not hit him

AIG Auto Insurance Company Profile