Fast Free Quotes

Compare Rates
AIG Auto Insurance
1.76/5

AIG Auto Insurance

AIG has insurance policies that protect your financial health, including life, travel and auto insurance. AIG isn't an InsuraMatch partner. Call InsuraMatch to get multiple auto insurance quotes and policy advice in just 10 minutes. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

BOTTOM LINE

Customers of AIG like the company’s long history of providing comprehensive coverage for individuals and businesses. Reviewers note agents not only respond to claims quickly but offer a personal touch when dealing with customers’ needs.

PROS

• Large company with a lot of assets and resources
  • Customer service for everyone from those starting out to those with luxury vehicles
  • Connections with multiple companies allows for a wide breadth of coverage
  • Fast claims process
  • Low quotes

CONS

• Some customers report unexpected rate increases
  • Customer service wait times can vary

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

AIG Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

A truck in front of me lost among other things a drive shaft. Unfortunately, I couldn’t avoid running over it. It tore numerous things underneath my car including the oil pan. Unfortunately the trucking company had AIG insurance. My car was towed to the dealership where it sat for over a month because I had to deal with the very worst, rudest, unprofessional so-called customer service/claim adjuster woman. She couldn’t get her stories straight from paperwork to emails and telephone conversations. I had to get the trucking company involved to even get her to call me back after they contacted her supervisor.

My car sat in the shop for over a month because they wouldn’t approve the repairs. She even denied a rental car, but somehow at the last minute called and got me one. Unbelievable! I can’t begin to tell how upset I was through this whole ordeal... including sleepless nights not to mention anxiety. I’m just so happy that we don’t have this insurance company and would not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I definitely would NOT recommend AIG. I am not a member but was involved in a fender bender 3 months ago with a corporate customer of theirs and I was not at fault. The claim specialist has handled the process horribly. First of all, it took forever to get in contact with him and then he continued to bully me as I am in my low 20s. The shop and him have not come to a decision still and so my car sits in the shop dismantled while I drive around a Ford Fiesta rental with cigarette burns in the seats. AIG keeps threatening to stop paying for the rental whenever they can't reach an agreement on the estimate with the shop as well although they remind me that I can choose any shop, which I did. I am extremely disappointed with the results and they will not help you get back to where you were before the accident.

Get expert buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I am an active soldier in the US Army. I had my leave canceled and although I was "smart enough" to purchase insurance, they do not cover leave cancellations. But, hey, if you get hijacked, you're good to go. By the way, here's what the "Coverages and Benefit Limits" said: 100% Trip Cost Per Insured for TRIP CANCELLATION. LOL! What a joke. I got nothing, nothing! I mean nothing! They would not honor my cancellation and did not care in the least about any details. Don't waste your money on this "nothing" insurance plan.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Recently this company acquired American General Insurance Co, and since that time I have had nothing but trouble... the office was closed here so you have to call NY for customer service. I have Life insurance with this company... had an issue in July 2016 with an overpayment and it took until October 2016 to resolve it, with me providing the resolution. Customer service is terrible... you wait on line anywhere from 45-1 hr on phone for service and then they refer you. Had this policy since the 1970's... too late in life to cancel. Don't do business with this group/company.

In addition, the employees of this company will give lame excuses for not returning your money for an overpayment. It is like they want to wear you down so you will give up. After 4 months, they said the overpayment was placed and held in a "Hedge" fund. Recently they sent me a notice to update my insurance and the amount is about 10,000 dollars short of what it should be... now I have got to deal with them on this issue. BE WARNED... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GROUP or insurance companies under this group!!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have had AIG Private Client Group Auto Insurance for over a year now. I had my BMW insured with them, I have filed 2 claims in the past year and they have been more than helpful in not just the claim part but personally as well by whatever was going on around my personal life adjusted accordingly. They are the most flexible when it comes to car rental, regardless of whatever your case is whether someone else hit you and you are going to file through the other's insurance, I got a rental through them in minutes and they handled my case as professionally and the best viable way possible. Very happy customer! Felt like they just want to give money away, "here just take it we got a lot." :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AIG?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I insured my new Honda CRV with AIG in Abu Dhabi, UAE. 18 months later a bus lost a tire, the tire hit my front fender. Obviously I was not at fault, police report says I'm not at fault. Now my insurance has been canceled because I made a claim. They didn't even notify me that they had canceled the policy. Crap company... won't use them again.

Original review: July 21, 2016

I called AIG because their quote was great for 100.000 policy however after she told me I was covered for murder I'm finding out that claims for just about everything through ConsumerAffairs and other companies, that they're full of aggravation stress just to get a few dollars. This is outrageous and this company and others like it should be shut down or seriously sued. Perhaps then they would change. My heart sinks to hear these stories. I know they're true because I did a claim many years ago and all my doctors said I was very sick could not work and my worker's compensation only paid 2 weeks salary. I had to see their insurance doctor and said I was great, "go back to work". I couldn't believe this. I had to go through their nurse who constantly demand doctor's notes all the time so I know what these claims put a person through. Please a huge law firm kick into action and get them good billion dollar companies...

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

AIG, with little warning, informed their agents that they would no longer provide auto insurance in Italy. As consumers, we have been trying with other companies but their response is that no current information about our policy is held on Italy's Insurance database. We have tried through our agents to get the updates so that we can apply for new insurance. They say there are technical problems! Consequence for us is that any prospective insurer says that there is no proof of no claims and therefore a fully weighted premium will apply. We have never made a claim and thus AIG is going to cost us dearly. I would like to know if we can sue AIG for failure to operate properly in Italy?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Had a non at fault claim with AIG. Insurance company refused to cover rental car. I needed an SUV since my car was an SUV and they refused to cover it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

In 2000 my 1997 Honda CIVIC was involved with a flash flood. I was paid not only the full payoff amount but was able to get a new car plus have extra money for my baby that was due in a month. They were very fast at paying us and I highly recommend them.

AIG Auto Insurance Company Information