Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5
Based on 1,399 ratings submitted in the last year

Aetna Health Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 235-2955 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Aetna Health Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna Health Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I have Aetna Max Choice Gold with a high deductible. The good thing is that Aetna is accepted most places. But all prescriptions and non-preventive office visits are subject to deductible which means you pay the whole contracted price of the prescription or visit instead of a copay or %. Another downside is that they seem a little disorganized on the back end at times. Overall decent insurance if you have the $ to pay your deductible.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I’m not sure if I’m doing the right thing by paying for Aetna with my Medicare coverage. From my teaching pension, I was getting BCBSM, and I see a big difference in the amount of copays, but I don’t know whether or not it’s worth it. I do have a lot of health issues which stemmed from breast implants, but I had them removed, and still have some issues leftover.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

The coverage has been decent. Customer service is another story. They don't know what they are talking about. I called in to find out the price of a drug that was not a formulary drug. I was quoted a price and as a result decided to use GoodRX. When I went to pick up the drug at the pharmacy the pharmacist informed me that my insurance price actually was cheaper than GoodRX. That was not what I had been told, this price was about $40 cheaper than what I was quoted. My opinion on this is quite simple. If you are the person on the phone quoting drug prices for a particular insurance plan GET YOUR INFORMATION RIGHT!!! Some of us out here are counting on that information. I was NOT HAPPY with my experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Aetna has a lot of pros & cons. They have a dental plan that pays back up to $1700, reimbursement for dentist. The specialist fee was only $20, with no copay for seeing your PCP. I didn’t like paying $200 for a MRI, but I needed it. Next year it’s supposed to be no charge a MRI. They also pay up to $100 for eyeglasses, and you have the option to join a gym and take advantage of the Silver Sneakers program. Not sure if I will keep them for next year, I need to see what’s being offered.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I have been with Aetna Complete Care for over a year. It has saved my life and has kept me out of assisted living so I can live at home. With this plan I have home delivered meals, a home health nurse and aid. The plan also includes a care manager with Aetna that helps me with anything I need. I suffered 3 mini strokes in the past 5 years and had a right knee replacement back in February of this year. I was able to get in home therapy at home instead of going to the nursing facility. I am very happy with the services Aetna has and is providing me with my long term care.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I had Aetna insurance years ago and had a wonderful experience so was excited when my spouse's employer (HCA Hospitals) offered Aetna coverage. That soon changed! Their website is HORRIBLE and you can't do even basic things online, such as choose find a list of healthcare providers for the HCA plan or choose a PCP. Customer service is horribly unhelpful too. After a few weeks and multiple emails providing directions on how to find the list of PCPs and how to choose the PCP online, they finally admitted that all of the information they had given me was inaccurate and that you couldn't do either in an online account! It took weeks of frustration and inaccurate information to arrive at that point though. I'll be moving to a different insurance provider and dropping this coverage as soon as it's possible and would warn anyone considering Aetna HCA insurance to be very careful about signing up for it. They promise a lot and then don't deliver.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Been online with four different numbers under Aetna's customer service - transferred around now for over 60 minutes and still waiting. Miserable. I was waiting to change a plan within their new Silver Script program but am now waiting to cancel altogether. Uggghhh.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Arguably the worse heath insurance in the US. My company signed with Aetna for a supplemental Medicare. What a mess. I got my yearly monogram when I could, as it turns out 3 days before I was eligible. Now I was lucky to get an appointment with this entire pandemic crazy going on. I explained this to Aetna, and appealed and still got rejected. Now I have to pay out of pocket 700 dollars. It seems that the yearly mammogram has to be on the exact same day you got one last year. So in 2021 my due date is a Saturday, so I am out of luck as the imaging centers are closed. These fools would pay hundreds of thousands to treat Breast cancer but are too cheap to pay for a mammogram 3 days early. A company clearly run by idiots.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Aetna customer service is good but their rates are high & we don't use services much because of copay costs. We liked the old HMO that covered everything. The dental coverage is poor as they choose the lowest quality dental providers for us to choose & we might as well pay out of pocket for one we like. We have put off going for that reason.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Not bad but not perfect. They all have to work on taking care of their members. Without making them jump through hoops just to be able to ???? a doctor. And make easier for customers to reach someone whenever they have a question.

Aetna author review by Joseph Burns

Aetna has been providing health insurance to Connecticut residents since 1853, and today covers people in all 50 states. It is a pioneer in health care legislation and is responsible for making coverage of genetic testing and counseling an industry standard.

• Highly customizable selection of plans: Aetna allows consumers to pick and choose features such as the deductible amount, type of coverage and ability to choose a provider.

• Health insurance bundles: Consumers can easily add dental and vision insurance to their basic health insurance and can bundle insurance with other plans like life insurance.

• Large provider network: Aetna allows consumers to choose from over 587,000 doctors and 5,700 hospitals throughout the United States.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Aetna offers Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Aetna Health Insurance Company Information