Call Now Toll Free
Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Aetna Health Insurance Call Now Toll Free (855) 235-2955 Compare Quotes

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Looking for short term health insurance?

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now
Call Now Toll Free

Aetna Health Insurance Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

When we moved to another state I was able to get a lower monthly premium with Aetna than my previous supplemental plan. The coverage is the same (plan g). The ease of switching plans was easy also. Both my husband and I have aetna and have been satisfied with this plan.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I love this insurance plan n, Aetna senior products supplemental insurance for my medicare plan, because it helped me with cataract surgery cost (0), compared to previous insurance company, clover (500 per eye). It is high (98.00 per mo.) Is why not a perfect score.

Get buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have always had a positive experience with Aetna. I had one overnight hospital stay a couple of years ago for monitoring. All I had to pay was my $60 copy for emergency room. I visit my PCP two or three times a year with a small copy. I do have to pay a deductible for blood tests, but that is it. Overall I am very satisfied with their service.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I recently enrolled in Aetna Coventry Freedom Plus plan as my wife had previously done so. It has proved to be perfect for our needs, as a PPO it practically covers every medical care provider we would require including dental and vision. Although getting questions answered online via messaging can be a bit difficult for those atypical requests they do a fine job. I don't know why anyone would ever want or need to enroll in Part D.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I've been with Aetna for over six years and have full supplemental coverage. Claims from my providers have always been paid fully and promptly, even the humongous charges associated with a heart attack and medical, flight. As with all medical expenses, premiums have skyrocketed while most of us retirees have fixed incomes and that is starting to present a problem; but, that would be the same with any company. There have been absolutely no hassles and I'm happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aetna?

Original review: June 4, 2020

I have had nothing but the worst experience with Aetna. From issues when signing up through my employer to claims being denied (for no reason AT ALL), total lack of customer service and delays in processing even after calling and trying to get claims addressed. My daughter was born with a health condition, and never once did we ever have issues with other insurance companies, no claims were ever denied, I was actually assigned a nurse case manager with my other insurance. This isn't even an option with Aetna, I asked. I am exhausted and disappointed by the pathetic service, meanwhile they make hand over fist and their customers pay the price.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I just join this year with Aetna, did my research to make sure my PCP was in the network an all. Now they sending me a letter in May about the provider not being in the network as of Aug/2019. I joined Aetna in Oct/Nov. 2019. talking about I can still see the provider... by paying more money out of my pocket! I am on a fix income. Dont have money to throw around. I would not recommend them to anyone! their info is not correct, unprofessional to me! Wish I could give them a FAT 0.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I am having horrible experience with Aetna. I went to multiple service providers for my family members and given my Aetna Card to them, they check it in their system and say that yes they are in-network with Aetna and had to just pay the copayment. Later I receive hundreds of dollars of bills, when I checked the same with Aetna they say that the provider is not in network. I believe that multiple service provide can't lie and tell the same thing, what it means is there is something incorrect or Aetna provide misleading details to service providers which is passed on to the patients.

I disputed this through internal review of Aetna and they simply denied. One of the Service Provider is Baylor and Scott. Both Aetna and Baylor and Scott doing handball to each other and I have been going through so much of stress due to that. Even I have highest level of coverage and doing all right things (checking with service provider before availing service multiple times, over the phone and during the service) and still in the receiving end. If you are with Aetna be ready for the sleepless nights. I am sure that there are thousands of such patients who are having stress full life due to Aetna Insurance.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Aetna Medicare got to the point 2020 they refused to pay for almost every medical procedure. Denied all medicine. Pay for some that make no sense and you're making medical calls whether or not I can see a doctor. They actually told me that, "We are a HMO. We have the right to decide whether or not you can see a specialist. If we don't want you to see a specialist we have all rights to stop you from seeing any doctor we don't want you to see." I had to contact Medicare so I didn't have to be their patient anymore. They don't actually like paying for medical services at all. I was with him for 5 months. Started receiving all bills and they were supposed to pay for them. They always find a way to wiggle out of paying for your medical even though you're paying them money.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have two special needs children, and they both receive multiple therapies a week. We transitioned to tele therapy because of COVID, and were told by Aetna copays were waived for all tele therapy sessions during this time. Now they say they aren't and I am being stuck with a giant bill retrospectively. I have learned over the years that Aetna never gives the same answer twice when you call to discuss coverage. I should have known better than to believe them.

Aetna author review by Joseph Burns

Aetna has been providing health insurance to Connecticut residents since 1853, and today covers people in all 50 states. It is a pioneer in health care legislation and is responsible for making coverage of genetic testing and counseling an industry standard.

• Highly customizable selection of plans: Aetna allows consumers to pick and choose features such as the deductible amount, type of coverage and ability to choose a provider.

• Health insurance bundles: Consumers can easily add dental and vision insurance to their basic health insurance and can bundle insurance with other plans like life insurance.

• Large provider network: Aetna allows consumers to choose from over 587,000 doctors and 5,700 hospitals throughout the United States.

• Offers Medicare Advantage plans: Aetna offers Medicare Advantage plans.

by Joseph Burns Health Insurance Contributing Editor

An independent journalist, Joseph Burns is the health insurance topic leader for the Association of Health Care Journalists and contributes to AHCJ’s Covering Health blog. He has also written about health policy and the business of health care for a wide variety of publications, including Healthcare Finance News, Hospitals & Health Networks, Managed Care magazine, Ophthalmology Management, TaxACT.com, and The Dark Report.

Aetna Health Insurance Company Information