Automobile Club of Southern California

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Recently I've become aware of an employee of AAA Auto Club (Los Angeles) looking up my driving record along with other personal information. Then exposing my private information to the public. I am certain that the same employee is responsible for identity theft.

I went to AAA because they claimed that they will save me money on my car and home insurance policy. I met with Anthony ** from AAA who told me that he will work everything out for me and I will be good to go. I believe he was sincere at the time. However, I had an issue with having him reschedule/forgetting to follow through with going to my home to take pictures for the home insurance. I finally set up 3 weeks in advanced an appointment that he also failed to show up to. I finally sent him an email letting him know how disappointed I was and he told me that I still have home insurance (even though I received a letter from AAA stating that my home insurance coverage was going to be dropped due to lack of pictures).

I called and complained and was reassured my policy was not going to cancel. Yesterday, I got a check in the mail with a refund of prorated amount from the policy and I have yet another appointment for this coming August 15th for them to take pictures!!! I guess no one knows what is going on and my home now officially is not insured. Thank you AAA!!! I am going to make sure people know my story and not to do business with AAA ever again!

We had a auto and homeowners bundle policy for 17 years thru a national insurance company, but decided we were paying too much now. We researched and found that AAA (Auto Club of So. Cal) have better rates and a supposedly good reputation. We switched, signed up. Our previous policy with the other company was still active until Feb. 16th for auto and Mar. 16th for homeowners. Just before our homeowners policy came into effect we were told that AAA needed to come out and take pictures of the kitchen, bathrooms, and outside perimeter of the house. This was done. About a month later our AAA rep emailed us that said we had some storage containers too close to the house and need them moved and he would have to take more pictures after we moved them. We did this and he came back out to take more pictures.

Now, after the policy had been active for 2 months we were told that our patio, which was permitted and built back in 1972, did not meet their specification because it was built on a concrete slab and had a brick foundation and they were going to cancel our policy. We didn't understand how home improvements that were permitted, inspected and passed back in 1972 were not OK now in 2016? It's funny because our previous carrier had no issues with the construction and we got that policy in 1999.

So be very careful who you choose for your insurance carrier, because you may think you're getting a good deal, and have coverage, then find out in a few months you suddenly have no coverage at all and need to find another carrier ASAP to make sure you don't have any gaps in coverage. God, knows how our mortgage company is going to react if we aren't able to get new coverage in time. So, final words, don't trust AAA, it's better to go somewhere else for your insurance needs!

I filed claim with ACSC for an accident Nov 2013. Was told by them I could get it at a later date and to see I could get car fixed. I was told yes I could. When I called Feb. 2015 ACSC claim person MR Dan **. When he first called and requested what shop I asked to got to he never send info to the shop. And when he got the info right the shop Sam's Autoland lied about a abs light they saw but later claimed I never requested to get checked out at drop off which I did. They asked me did I get it checked out as they called it a misunderstanding later and then "if you bring it we will take it to a dealer to get it checked this but it would be a charge". This all happened after the fact. On day I picked up the car and had made plans to take to a dealer for maintenance if and when I told this to Sam's mgr. Andrew ** he replied "why am I doing this". And I called Mr ** 445. He was out of office and call after hours service. Was told a claim person would be available.

I called. Nobody was available. Mr ** call Monday ask me what I wanted. I replied "my car fixed". He got called them. He called back. I was told it was a misunderstanding. They could take it if I drop it off at the Sam's". I replied "I could done that on the day of pick up". I call Mr ** boss Heather **. She said "we can't do nothing about it". I said Mr ** and Sam's to me didn't handled the claim correctly. I said to her "If I other issues Ms **. She would did. I call her bosses said she would and I ask on do I have go back the Sam's. She said yes. Later a year on I had different issue with claim. I called Ms **. She never called back. On 2 /2016 I had another issue with claims. I called MR **. Never got a call back. Three days later I called claims ask who's handling my case. I was told Dan **. I spoke to claims dept. told I had another issue. He called back same day. I voiced my unhappiness with this claim. He said "I sorry".

He later said "I get you over to a claim specialist". And after the issue was took care of I asked "will you be taking over for future concerns". "The specialist would." In all my years with this company I never had a claim this poorly handled so I wrote to the California Dept. Insurance. They Sam's Autoland. I never get abs light checked and said I refused to let them but told them yes did. They didn't want to pay for the abs light check that is my feeling is.

I was in a very small accident where a girl backed into my car. It was a he-said-she-said situation. She filed a claim and I reported the accident to AAA. The claims adjuster notified that it would be a 50/50 which in turn said that it would not raise my rates and the deductible would be waived. I was OK with this. Then another adjuster called and asked for pictures of the damage to my car. I sent them. Then they saw that the damage would be less than the deductible so they settled the claim at 51% my fault. This, in turn, made me cover the deductible. So AAA had to pay NOTHING! For some reason, they all of the sudden believed the other driver. I have been with AAA for 40 years and never had a claim. Now they will raise my rates. I think it is time to find another insurance company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Automobile Club of Southern California?

This is the first negative review I have ever had to write, and hate to do it. But this is deserved. I have been a AAA member for decades, and have a gold membership card with my daughter as co-member. My daughter, who is a college student purchased a new battery from AAA battery service because she was stranded and needed a new battery. The batteries came with a 6 year warranty, and a three year free replacement so she thought it was a good deal. Only one problem, they don't honor the free replacement.

After two years the battery would not hold a charge. I jump started the battery with my car and drove it into my garage to do a brake job. I checked that the alternator was charging the battery correctly and it was putting out 14.25 volts. I had the battery on a charger all morning. It would not hold a charge for more than two hours. There was nothing drawing current from the battery but for about 50 to 70 milliamps when I checked. Totally normal. I called AAA roadside assistance and told them I had a bad battery that my daughter purchased from AAA battery service two years ago. I told them it needed to be replaced because it would not hold a charge. They said they would send someone with a replacement battery.

Thirty minutes later a tow truck shows up and wants to jump start the car. They totally botched the call. The nice tow truck operator called their HQ to have a battery delivered and said they would be over in 20 minutes. Four hours later and still nobody had shown up. I called again and finally 30 minutes later someone came by and "tested" the battery. Even though the battery had been charging all day, he said I needed to charge the battery. Hmmm... You think maybe it's bad? He said to drive it for about 30 to 60 minutes to let it charge. Then to take it to an "official" free charging location to have the battery charged before they would even consider replacing it for free. Really? Ludicrous! Fine, I needed to road test the car after replacing all the brakes anyway. Drove for an hour on the highway and parked the car.

Next day, dead again. I shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to get a "free" replacement battery for a junk battery. I have never had a battery last only two years in my life. The next day I took the car to Autozone. They even tested it and the alternator and clearly stated it was a bad battery. I bought a new battery and it has been fine for two weeks. Guess what? No more battery problems! I'm cancelling my membership at the end of this year. Auto Club of Southern California.

Automobile Club of Southern California is a fraud! Do not do business with them! I did sign up for their services, however, since I did not need their services after all since I decided that I do not need to drive after all, I decided to cancel their services right away with American Express since that is how I paid for their services to begin with and had no problem in doing so! American Express therefore gave me the credit back right away and blocked my account from being charged and/or from being rebilled again. However, this company is a big fraud because not too long after I cancelled their services, they started having one of their uneducated employees call me up on the phone and harass me for about $60.00 dollars or so that I do not owe them for their services to begin with in which I never used, utilized or needed after all!

In addition, they have been extremely disgustingly and rudely aggressive for the wrong reasons after I have told them over the phone the whole situation and they have continued to illegally call me against my will and ignore my responses. I have therefore asked them to cease and desist immediately and sadly, my wishes have not been respected. I had ended up swearing, yelling and cursing them to leave me the ** alone or I will call the police. It has got that far and my next step is to file a police report if it continues!

Not only that, but this ** company has also sent me many letters harassing me for the money as well like the one that I am presenting to you in the attachment and they even increased the illegal amount of money that they claim that I owe them, even though in reality, I do not owe them a dime! I wish this ** company would just please get their facts straight and start being honest with their potential and non-potential customers when they tell them something because you never know what websites they are going to be broadcasted on like I am doing right now! Obviously!

My travel agent Judy ** at the Oakland Piedmont branch booked our Cruise and air travels. The cruise was for me and my two children, they're 4 & 7. 7 day cruise Sunday - Sunday but she had us flying back 3 days after we boarded the cruise boat. I had to buy full fare tickets for the 3 of us. She won't return any of my calls. I won't stop until I receive a full refund.

My friend and I met with a "Travel Agent" at the Rancho Palos Verdes office on April 22 to discuss a trip to New York, Rome, Amalfi Coast and Greece. On April 23 he sent us an email with an estimate of the cost. We informed him we would think about it and get back to him. We decided that, due to the cost, we would forgo the trip to Italy and just go to New York and Greece. I sent an email on May 5 with firm dates for our new trip. We met with the "Agent" on May 8 to firm up our trip details. He emailed me later in the day with the cost and stated that no space was held. We decided that the itinerary he sent was good so stopped by to see him on May 9 to firm everything up.

On May 13, we met the Agent in his office and gave him two checks - one for the airfare and one for the service charges. At that time, the airline seats were picked and we were given a preliminary itinerary and the e-tickets would be sent to us. I was preparing an itinerary for the family on June 15 and realized that there were no seat assignments for our air travel on the preliminary tickets provided. I went to see the Agent to make sure I was mistaken and to also get our tickets (e-tickets or otherwise). He checked to make sure and found there were no seat assignments - even though they were paid for and chosen on May 13.

He placed a phone call and was on hold for a long time. He said he would email me the seat assignments. I did not hear from him that day. I called him in the morning, but he didn't get in until 11:00 and then had a client. He called me about 1:00pm and gave me the seat assignments as follows: Length of flight, seats assigned, WHY? LAX-JFK, 5 hours 40 min, 36A/37A, not together. JFK-ATHENS, 9 hours 56 min, 39F/40F, not together. ATHENS - JFK, 10 hours 56 min, 41J/41H, 2 rows from end.

Obviously, these seats were unacceptable. Since our trip began June 29, it became very clear that AAA was not doing anything to fix the situation. I contacted three "supervisors" to no avail. DON'T TRUST THEM. We paid in full May 13 and still didn't have seats on June 15. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Still no response from anyone in management at AAA.

Early May 2014 went in to thousand oaks office to pay auto ins, was suggested that we "bundle" homeowners as well. Agent got our home information, went to a fax machine, pulled off info about a flood in the home in 2010. We confirmed that there was and that our homeowners insurance had covered the loss. Never did she indicate in any way that because of the 2010 loss that AAA may not be willing to insure. She proceeded with the quote & said she would be calling. Never called, finally a month later we called her. We're told that because of the flood AAA could not insure us but AAA had a "secondary" insurance company & she would have an agent call. He did call and advised us that because of the FIRE claim they could not cover us. Told him we never ever had any fire damage, only water the one time, he said he'd get back to us. Never heard a word from AAA again regarding homeowners.

Giving us the quote without any caution that because of the "flood" that we could be turned down seems like a bait and switch. Early in February 2015 I took my husband off the auto policy, cancelled insurance on one of the three vehicles because he had passed away. I am still receiving mail from AAA addressed to him. I have obtained auto & homeowners insurance elsewhere, "bundled", with the same coverage as AAA but at a significant savings. Two comments: The agents don't follow through and there seems to be no communication between departments otherwise I wouldn't be receiving mail addressed (to me) and my deceased spouse.

AAA is 100% liable for an accident caused by one of their insured. After I contacted AAA and told them I had a repair estimate from the BMW dealership the AAA claims agent "Dawn" in Escondido told me "regardless" I still had to take our BMW to Caliber Collision in San Marcos for their repair inspection (isn't that against California state law?). After going to Caliber Collision which was a joke, they literally took less than 3 minutes to inspect our car, I got back to AAA and talked to claims manager "Mark **?" and told him we are not going through Caliber Collision and that we will need a rental car while our BMW is being repaired, he said he would look into our case and get back to me. He never got back to me. Next I get a phone message from Enterprise Car Rental in Escondido, they told me AAA made a reservation for a car rental and they just need to confirm the dates.

I called Enterprise Car Rental, AAA told them we were going through Caliber Collision and that we were responsible for paying for the rental out of our pocket. I was furious, I left a phone message for claims manager Mark ** telling him we are not going through Caliber Collision and we are not paying out of our pocket for a car rental. I asked him to return my call, he hasn't called back. I left him 2 more phone messages along with my email address. In my phone message I also asked Mark to provide me with the name of his supervisor and contact number and I asked Mark to provide me with his email address. Mark still has not responded. This guy is suppose to be the "claims manager" for the Escondido branch, what a joke, AAA totally sucks. I guess we will go through our own insurance co. and let them go after AAA, or get an attorney? What a hassle...

Based on recommendation of my girlfriend I went to AAA in Long Beach CA to obtain BOTH auto and home insurance. In the past had obtained quotes and they were about twice as much as other insurance companies. Never have I experienced such poor customer service in SIGNING up for insurance. AAA requires an home inspection for home owners. Insurance, other companies will take a photo from the street and you're ready to go (if that), no problem. Agent makes an appointment to come over and we WAIT 4 hours for him and he never comes or calls. True professional. Contact office about inspection and does not contact me for 7 weeks.

A few days before Xmas he calls and says he needs to do the inspection today... I had literally just arrived in Vegas for my annual 2 week vacation there. Asked him why he never got back to be earlier... He was on vacation. Asked him why such SHORT notice. Said his office just told him it was needed now. WHAT. Told him won't be back in town for 2 weeks. He said he would let them know and get back to me. Never called me back and my insurance was cancelled. True professionals. Mind you, I was paying TWICE the amount with AAA than the other company and only went to them because of their alleged reputation. My girlfriend said I should have went to the same AAA office she had coverage (Costa Mesa ca). There are serious problems with the AAA office in long beach... WARNING!!! CAUTION!

I have had my automobile insurance through AAA for decades. When I purchased a new vehicle, I went in to the Tustin, CA AAA office and met Ken ** to have this vehicle added to my auto insurance policy. I later emailed him the necessary documents he requested (Dealer sales contract). Afterwards, I never heard back from Ken. I called and left him 2 voicemail messages without any reply. I also left 2 voicemail messages to his supervisors without any reply at all. It is frustrating not to get any response (email or phone call) back about this request.

I was never informed that there was a limit as to how many times (I have basic membership) I could get a jump to my car. They sent me a letter that there was a limit of four jump starts per year. Folks, I had four jumps in one month, battery kept going dead due to lights being left on. I searched/looked in the benefit membership packages; nowhere does it say that there is a limit of four roadside assistance! When you click on membership comparisons:...It does not state that at all; they are misleading the public and its members. Not a good policy at all because it is not noted to us! I protest this and want this to be included in all information shared to potential members. I received a letter from the Emergency Road Services Administration stating I must pay $60 bucks to AAA; and if I do not, they will not give me further roadside assistance because I have reached their so called limit that I knew nothing about. A violation of my rights under U.C.C.1-308...all contract info must be transparent. BE aware folks and have a good day.

Worse insurance company ever, experts at bait and switch and unacceptable customer service. As you know, AAA aggressively advertises for new business. This summer, I called for a quote. I own five vehicles that were then covered by Travelers Insurance (under two different policies) and I was interested in determining potential cost savings by covering all five vehicles under one policy. I was not then considering making a change in my homeowners policy that I have had with Travelers for six years. The sales agent inquired about my homeowners policy and encouraged me to move that policy to AAA and save additional monies through bundling. I disclosed that in May 2011, I made a claim on that policy due to my dog haven bitten a UPS delivery person. Other than the incident with the UPS delivery person, my dog has never bit or threatened any other person, and has become much more complacent with age. My dog is a Cockapoo, weighing about fifteen pounds and is now 12 and one-half years old. During that call, the agent pulled the dog bite claim up and told me the precise amount that was paid to the claimant.

I was informed me that this prior incident would not pose a problem and that I should move forward in obtaining the bundled policy with AAA as it would save me considerable money from my existing homeowners and auto policies, which were both up for renewal on September 15. I proceeded accordingly. Home inspection was required. After home inspection I was told by the agent I was approved and I should proceed to cancel my existing policies with Travelers. I relied on the AAA agent's statements and proceeded accordingly. The bundled deal that I purchased was only attractive because it included all my vehicles and the homeowners policy. In other words, I would not have made the change had I not been offered the full package of rates for coverage and the assurances AAA sales agent provided.

Without any notification or warning, on Saturday, October 25, 2014, I received a letter (dated October 22nd) stating that my homeowners policy was being terminated effective November 16, due to the dog bite incident. This made no sense as the incident had been fully disclosed and discussed and I was assured it was not a problem. I immediately called both the sales agent and underwriter whose phone numbers were listed on the letter. Neither returned my call. After my spending the day on Monday making further inquiries, I finally received an email requesting a copy of the loss letter from my prior carrier, which AAA already had but I immediately sent to the agent. I was told there was a mistake in that, she had uploaded something wrong, and led me to believe that issue would be favorably resolved. She told me that her manager, would contact me to confirm. I received no communications from anyone I contacted including the regional Vice President of business development for Southern California. The VP of business development do not return my phone calls or respond to a detailed email.

Also during this time, I contacted my prior homeowners insurance carrier as I cannot be without home insurance. I was informed that had I sought reinstatement within two weeks of the cancellation, it would have been honored. Now, my request for homeowners insurance would be viewed as an entirely new one, subject to more stringent requirements and fees (especially because I no longer have my auto insurance with it). On Thursday afternoon, I learned that AAA was going to proceed in cancelling the homeowners policy. To add insult to injury, I was further informed that AAA was now going to increase the rates for my car insurance due to lack of bundling and should I cancel the car insurance policy at this time (due to the bait-and-switch), AAA was going to charge me an eleven percent early termination penalty fee. This conduct is in complete bad faith. The company SUCKS, will run you around and I can't even imagine what would happen if you actually had to place a claim with AAA.

June 2 had kitchen flood. DryTec came out as AAA agent. It took them 3 days to bring dryers. AAA estimator came out a week after leak. After a month of no word from AAA, we called back. Mold set in. Kitchen needs replacing. AAA expects a packing company to come in for $8.00/hour to pack, which is not even minimum wage. They also stated you can replace an kitchen and repair the damage wall in the garage for less than $16,000. This price includes lead and asbestos removal. The price will not even cover stock, smaller cabinets.

I obtained a quote over the phone and was given a premium. I was not comfortable using my credit card over the phone so I went in to a local AAA branch office and was given a second price. I asked why? The agent tried to avoid answer me but I would not take leave without an explanation. He said the "mileage" driven per year was lowered by the agent in the call center. I told the agent in the office the same mileage I told the agent in the branch. 10,000 per year estimate. I said I wanted the lower rate and the agent in the office refused to honor the rate given by the agent over the phone and said I should call him back to finalized the plan. I asked to speak with the manager and he couldn't give a reason on this situation except to say agent are compensated differently for writing the policy with correct information and incorrect information. Buyer beware!!! If the agent manipulate one of many possible details... will AAA deny a claim if one is filed. Nobody knows and Nobody will give me a direct response.

After AAA endorsed a Santa Barbara Hotel (the Mason Beach Inn) with their "diamond" rating, I made a reservation. The property kept my family waiting for over three hours at check in. On top of this, the manager, **, was discourteous, and the hotel charged over three hundred dollars for a one-night stay. When I complained to the manager, he said he would "take care" of the problem. After not hearing from him for over a month, I made over fifteen calls to the same manager. He did not return one single call. Not one. This is when I decided to get the Auto Club involved, as they had endorsed this property.

As a club member for almost thirty years, with a Premier membership for the last six, I figured that they would at least try to advocate on my behalf. The "top dog" at the Auto Club that the other reviewer referred to, Regional Manager **, first listened to my complaint and said she would arrange for a "ten percent" refund, which the hotel didn't honor. I made five additional calls to the hotel manager, which again, were not returned. When I contacted her again, she actually began to advocate for the property, rather than her member, stating that I had "ultimately checked in" - as if that was the point.

I escalated the complaint to Edward **, who is the last stop on the chain of command - the President is unreachable (an employee told me that his number is "unpublished"), which shows just how concerned he is with his members. Mr. ** said that he refuses to reconsider any decision made by his Regional Manager (so why was I told to escalate the complaint to him and then given his name and number?) and refused to answer the simple question I asked him: Is what happened to me and my family consistent with the standards the Auto Club expects of the hotels it endorses? Rather than simply say, "You're right. You have a good point, and we need to do something about this", he simply blew me off with a comment about how my complaint will be considered the next time the property "comes up for review."

Really? You're going to continue to recommend this property to your members knowing full well that they have treated a member this way and might do it (or worse) again? Especially given that (as I found out last week), in between my making you aware of what they'd done and now, you've re-endorsed them? I repeated my question to him several times, each time asking simply if what had happened was consistent with what the Auto Club expects of the Hotels it lends its name to. Each time, he refused to answer the question, because he knows that what his Regional Manager did is wrong - and he is not ethical enough to make it right. Don't trust the Auto Club's endorsement of a hotel, or its "diamond" rating. It's meaningless, and they don't stand behind it - or their members.

I received a call a few weeks ago from an employee named ** that is stationed out Diamond Bar, CA Auto Club. She called me on my personal cell number looking for another employee. I asked her how did you get my number and her response was she had it. I know she didn't have my number and the only way it could be found is through Auto Club system. I'm going to cancel my membership if this problem doesn't resolve soon. I didn't know that employees have right to get my personal information off your system. I now believe that I have no privacy.

Three employees, including agent whom left cubicle to double check told us the same thing. Teen drivers with permits are covered free until they get their license. Then five months later, I got a retroactive change to my policy. I was being charged from the day my teen turned 16 1/2. The change didn't happen when my policy renewed. No money was added to my premium until after the 16 1/2 day happened. Was even postmarked for a week later. I spent hours on the phone and in the office over two weeks of BS! I had been a member for 31 years. I was treated like crap and was accused of all kinds of crap. The one guy on the phone was great. But he had his hands tied and could not reach the guy from branch who was a phone tagger. Nor could he reach any person to help him.

After resolving the issue and doing what the lower level guy in the branch offered to do (only I declined at first because I wanted a supervisor to give me what I was promised.... coverage until my teen was licensed or at least eligible to take the exam). His supervisor didn't call me, she made him call me and wanted me to pay. In the end, I was not charged. It was outrageous.... This is the short version. I left AAA after 31 years. While shopping, I discovered all the companies I called covered my teen until he got his license. ** off AAA, seriously.

In March of this year 2013, I was on the freeway, and was hit by an 83-year-old on the freeway insured by AAA. Two others in the car, had minimal injuries. I sadly now after 6 months, am looking at possible lifelong nerve spinal damage. I have had 2 spinal epidurals, total of my out-of-pocket bills are at this point 8 thousand dollars and I suspect that they will be much more. Shame, shame on the mock, Mediator and Adjuster that have no level of integrity. I was offered first $900, and now 10 thousand dollars. This is not what I expected from AAA.

I went to get car insurance with AAA on December 10th, 2012. I went to the Torrance, California location. I dealt with a Sales Agent by the name of Earlene **. When I received my new policy, I examined to find that Ms. ** added an Edwin ** to my policy. I called Ms. ** to ask what is going on with this guy on my policy. I was told not to worry about it. I said, "What the HELL you mean not to worry about it?" I said, "Take his name off my policy immediately." Ms. ** said she would. She was very adamant that this guy would not affect my policy in any way. I still said remove him immediately. Well I received my new policy on June 1st, 2013 because it's coming up on a year. What do I see! Edwin **'s name is still on my policy.

I went to AAA club on Monday, June 10th, 2013 and spoke to a Sales Agent Debborah **. She removed this ** from my policy. I am not pleased with the LIES, the SERVICE and the unprofessional care I received from Ms. **. I sincerely believe Ms. ** knows this guy ** on some type of level. You don't go around adding people to other people's policy. I am not angry with AAA as a whole. I'm angry with the service I received from one of their employees. Ms. ** needs further training in my opinion. So now I am going to wait and see if this guy's name is totally removed from my policy. Ms. ** is going to send me information through the mail showing the removal of this guy's name.

I purchased a policy from AAA and I was not informed of the 18% annual percentage rate it charges for paying for the car insurance under installments. When I called to complain to the manager, he stated it should have been told to all consumers, but they have trouble controlling the staff because they are afraid of losing the sale! Not acceptable!

I have been an AAA club member for 20 years. Today, I called the AAA to arrange for my father's car to be towed from my house to his house, because it was unsafe to drive. They informed me that I cannot arrange the tow, because it is not covered under my membership! I was not able to tow from one residence to another. I informed them that the car starts and runs but it is unsafe to drive; I needed to return the car to my father's house for my brother to work on it.

I was told again that they would not tow since the vehicle is going to a residential house and not a repair shop. I would need to hire a private towing company to tow the vehicle and pay them! I informed the supervisor and manager that my father was able to tow the car from his house to mine using his Premier membership card without an issue, and they told me it was because he was able to use a "one-time residential tow." I asked then that I wanted to use my one-time residential tow since I have not used my card. They said no since my father already did it, even though we have two separate memberships. I spoke to the supervisor and manager and they both refused to schedule the tow. When I purchased the Premier membership, I was not told that I could not tow a vehicle from a residence to a residence. That's with all the business I send their way.

I am done. I am cancelling my membership and will no longer be recommending the AAA to people. I am looking for another provider and will recommend them instead to the Auto Club.

I had a pipe break in the main line into the house. I have been insured for 20+ years. Destroyed 150 sq feet of OAK floors. Bids ran $4000.00 plus removal, scrapping, and sanding. I had oak paneling on the walls, for beauty and warmth to match floors, which had to be removed along with the dry walls. Repair cost is over $9000.00. So far, this does not include computer damage or other property damage. AAA company of choice stated they would have done all repairs for less than $5000.00 including drying, storage - all repairs. This is less than the cost of replacing true oak floors and walls. Don't you love the way they treat you? Have their insurance on at homes and 5 cars. Time for a change. To top it off, you don't get call backs when you call from reps.

Agent Jay booked us overnight hotel rooms at Ramada Inn in San Jose on Aug. 13, 2012 .We got to the hotel at about 12:30 and on walking in through the hotel door, the carpet was filthy. In the walkway, windows were dirty, carpet was filthy. In the rooms, faucet was not working properly. We called AAA who could not resolve this issue and we had to pay for more rooms at the Hilton in San Jose. I would like a refund of the money and also to be reimbursed for the money spent at the Hilton.

I received an invitation for an auto insurance quote via Westways Magazine and in return I will receive a $10.00 gas card. On May 30, 2012, I went to the Redlands office of Auto Club and got a quote, but it was too high compared to my current provider. Auto Club did not get my business and I did not get the $10.00 gas card they promised. I called the manager of the insurance department in Redlands and he was quick to answer that I will get it from the corporate office. My question is this: when? It has been 2 months now and there is still no card.

I began my employment with AAA in 1974. In 2005, I had reached the required number of years of service plus my age, which entitled me to retire with a benefit of $1906.00 per month. I decided not to retire at that time. In August 2005, I was a pedestrian and was hit by a car, which was insured by AAA. I was in a coma for a few months and moved to a convalescent center in October. I was so disabled that I was unable to ever work again.

There were interviews and correspondence between AAA and my self with me appearing at the AAA office in which I worked and informing supervisory staff that I would not be returning to work due to my disabilities. I completed forms from the company regarding my disabilities. I then received a letter from my supervisor stating that the AAA Club was treating my disablement as a "voluntary termination." They also informed me that I should have been terminated three years previously, but it was not due to a clerical error. When I phoned to protest, I got no satisfaction.

When I applied for my retirement, I was informed that my $1906.00 per month would be paid to me for one year and then would be reduced to under $500.00 per month being that I had "retired early." I protested that I had not retired early; I had been disabled. Their reply was that the "club" retirement makes no distinction between early retirement and disability.

I have contacted an attorney. I happened to be at AAA for notary services and spoke to another long-time employee. This employee stated that after 40 plus years of service, when they put in for their retirement, they were immediately hit with a 5% wage reduction. This company is vicious and needs to be disciplined. I'm filing a complaint with everyone who will entertain it.

AAA charged another person's membership to my credit card. They know who the person is, they know my credit card number and know they charged my credit card for that person's membership but they refused to do anything until I prove they charged my credit card. Huh? I had to fax my credit card statement to them and it was done 4 different times. I have not heard back nor have I received my money.

I purchased a car battery on Jan. 17, 2012 from AAA which they represented to be new with 3-year replacement warranty. On February 18, 2012, the battery was dead. The response team that sold the battery, Florence Motors Inc., claimed it simply needed re-charging and refused to replace. I did as suggested and charged the battery approximately 45 minutes and afterwards the battery was still dead. The response tech came again and again said the battery was in need of re-charging and refused to replace it.

I spoke with the manager, a man named Baca (sic), who was rude and said for me to do whatever. I informed him I would file a complaint and seek to have his contract rescinded. I lodged a telephonic complaint, to no avail. I was told the protocol was being followed. On 2/20/12, I had the battery inspected by a Ford dealership and was told the battery had a dead cell. I was forced to buy another.

I am seeking redress and would like the name and address of the vice president in charge of customer service, and I would like the name and address of the president of AAA Southern California. I have been a member of the club for 42 years. My number is **. I expect your prompt response.

Automobile Club of Southern California Company Profile