Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

142 Toll Brothers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Wow, where to start. Let's just make it short and list all the things I liked about them:

1. Nothing.

If you are looking to buy a new home, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. We have purchased five tract homes in our 15 years in Arizona and Toll Brothers is, by far, the worst. The design is very good but that was all that was good. Sloppy workmanship, delivered dirty and a customer attitude of buyer beware. We still, after 5 years, do not have an AC system that works and this is just one of many problems.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

After applying for a mortgage both my husband and myself started receiving notices of credit cards being applied for and bank accounts being opened in our names. We have been thru hell and back. Three months later we receive notice from TBI that they have had 1% of their clients reporting identity theft. They have known about this at least since June. My husband and I have been denied a credit card and now have a high interest rate student loan for our daughter because of this and all the folks at TBI corporate can offer is free credit reporting. I would warn anyone to stay away from Toll Brothers. We trusted them with every bit of our personal information and not only did they fail to protect it, they can't even acknowledge their responsibility.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a Toll Brothers home from an original owner. One of our indoor sprinkler system heads was leaking and I called in a repair company. They informed me that the whole system had been recalled and that Toll Brothers would have known about it. The original owners were not aware of the issue. Four homes in the development that Toll Brothers built experienced significant damage due to these defective sprinkler heads. I contacting them and they sent one of their repair to give an estimate. Well they wasted my time and are now saying there is nothing they will do. Awful company with terrible customer service. I would never buy another home built by them.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I love my home and believe it is beautiful, but I can honestly say, I would not recommend anyone to purchase a Toll Brothers home. I do not feel they lived up to their reputation at all. From the sales process, to construction to warranty work, every single aspect has been painstakingly difficult. We are business owners, so we understand first hand that things can happen, and we are patient. Having said that, Toll has had numerous opportunities to prove themselves, and we have been let down time and time again. There is a serious lack of communication on the warranty side-it's almost laughable! I have spent countless hours between going back and forth for warranty work and staying home for more days than I can count for work to be done. I'd approach with caution...

Original review: July 13, 2019

I purchased an alleged prestige semi-custom luxury home $1mil in the Villa Lago community 3 years ago. On day 1 walk thru, experience plumbing issues, crack tiles, wrong flooring, roofing problems, cracked exterior stucco, upside down electrical switches, and misplaced drainage - almost with every trades. Three years later, we are still fighting with Toll Brothers to get these issues addressed. This is our 7th brand home over 30 years, and by far worst custom service, construction, and quality. Never again with Toll Brothers. Buyers beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?

Original review: June 23, 2019

MY NAME IS ALAN **. I AM A HOMEOWNER HERE AT REGENCY FOR 13 YEARS. Email **. Due to substandard/shoddy non-code work I recently had a pipe leak which caused tens of thousands of dollars of damage. I only asked Toll to help me with my out of pocket expenses. They of course refused even though the pipes were installed improperly causing this leak. BEFORE YOU BUY A HOUSE FROM TOLL BROTHERS ASK ME ABOUT Toll's quality control, Their commitment to you the home buyer, Their sense of fairness and goodwill towards you after you buy.

Original review: June 21, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!!! TOLL BROTHERS ARE CROOKS, SCUMBAGS THAT RIPPED US OFF FOR OVER MILLION DOLLARS!!!! OUR STORY: We (two female disabled senior citizens) purchased a home from Toll Brothers in Las Vegas Nevada for over a million dollars and UPGRADED the home in their Design Center at approximately $300,000.00. The upgrades that we ordered were NEVER put into the home. ABSOLUTE “BAIT And SWITCH”. For example, we ordered SOLID WOOD “Craftsman” CABINETS and approximately 20,000.00 throughout the home and they installed cheap “standard” particle board that is splitting inside and out everywhere. There are “nails and screws” exposed in every cabinet drawer and door and underneath all the cabinets. Extremely dangerous.

We contacted the vendors and they confirmed that they never ordered our upgraded cabinets at all and only ordered the standard particle board cabinets. In fact we contacted all 6 vendors in which they said they bought the materials and products from and all six confirmed that particle board NEVER placed an order with the company whatsoever. Another example, we paid approximately 75,000.00 for upgraded countertops that was supposed to be white and grey quartz by Caesarstone and Toll Brothers installed yellow countertops throughout the home that we never seen before, product that came from China. It was supposed to come from Arizona Tile who confirmed they have never seen that product before and that they never ordered that product because they don't even carry Caesarstone.

Another great example is we paid approximately 26,000.00 to have our home painted 5 colors including beautiful grays and white and they painted the Home two colors - chocolate brown and green The Home looks so disgusting not even worth 100,000.00. The MOST HORRIFYING experience of our lives!! We wrote over 50 emails and placed numerous calls to Toll Brothers and they never returned our calls or emails. So we contacted their headquarters in Pennsylvania and spoke to the CEO office. Doug Yearley is the CEO and his office did take our calls (if any reads this please that has also been screwed over send your complaint to him, and file for Arbitration).

When Doug Yearley contacted the Vice President Dan Wright and President Gary Mayo they responded in a letter telling us to stop Harassing them and to cease and desist from having any contact with the design center sales office etc and would not allow us to see our home at all during the time it was being built. They cut off all communication with the homebuyers. They try to turn it around and BLAME the homebuyers. In fact Dan Wright wrote a letter to us telling us to cease and desist from going into the showroom room “numerous times” a day, harassing everyone and screaming and yelling and cursing everyone out on a daily basis???

First of all, it is an outright lie. We have lived in California for 50 years and only flew in twice to go the showroom in 2018 and twice in 2019 and we never cursed or became belligerent!! We are trying to get answers as to why they did not honor our upgrades and why they haven’t built our home per contract. We are filing a defamation of character lawsuit against Dan Wright Vice President of Toll Brothers’’ for false accusations. AND we filed for arbitration. If you haven’t bought a home yet and are thinking of doing so BEWARE. You are signing their contract that is bulletproof and it basically states you have no rights!! They can substitute product at anytime (although they are supposed to tell a product been discontinued they don’t, because the products been discontinued before you ever saw or gave them a deposit down for home. You most definitely will NOT get what you purchased and there’s no guarantees it’s written in their contract.

Again you basically have “NO Rights”. The Design Center is an absolute sham of false advertisements and false products. Most product in their showroom doesn’t even exit BUT they don’t tell you that!! We later found out that all the upgrades we ordered were discontinued years ago!!!! And the upgrades you see in the models you can’t get they don’t even sell it!! Their showroom has very little selection and you only have a few choices to chose from. It’s a joke. They state in writing that you get 6 custom upgrades and we got none. They wouldn’t allow us to do anything custom. It is total fraud and misrepresentation combined. In other words they are providing you samples KNOWING it doesn’t exist at all and therefore, they have NO intention of EVER putting the product in the home.

They take all your money and then put a completely different product in your home that you NEVER seen before. They ARE RIPPING OFF COMMUNITIES ACROSS AMERICA and especially in LAS VEGAS. When we did the home inspection the builders had slashed the walls damaging all the wires and we have no power. They also put screws and nails down all the pipes so the sinks don't works. There were approximately 15 hazardous conditions the house was deemed unsafe and THEY REFUSED TO FIX ANYTHING ON the Home Inspection Reports. In addition they refused to give us a walk through prior to closing where you disclose to the builder all the Cosmetic Defects (Cosmetic defects are not recognized by a hone inspector and they will not be in your home inspection). Toll Brothers refused to give us any paperwork on the the detail item.

We also had to file restraining orders against certain Toll Brothers employees literally threaten you. And they are HUGE liars. The most dishonest company I have ever worked within 40 years and I know what I am talking about for our entire family has been in the construction business and real estate business for sixty years. Above all, the experience has been nothing but a HORRENDOUS NIGHTMARE!!!! My poor 83 year old mother suffered a stroke and doesn’t even want to move into the home now and we have to get restraining orders against Toll Brothers employees in fear of them harming us for going public, not to mention the fact that they vandalized the property. They threatened if we don’t pay them over a million plus dollars in cash they will take our 100,000.000 deposit and the home. The title company is owned by Toll Brothers so when you go to Sign they are NOT a neutral party. They also work for Toll Brothers.

At signing there is no detailed estimated closing costs, they won’t give you any paperwork. They just give you a final number to pay!! They also make you sign a paper stating that you can’t sell your home to anyone but them for 365 days and they get to buy It back at base price which is and can be half of what you paid for it!! We want to spread the word across America This has got to STOP! They are ripping off Americans like us that worked so hard for forty years to finally build their dream home and the dream is nothing but a NIGHTMARE. We have been so BRUTALLY abused and threatened by Toll Brothers. For us, buying a home from Toll Brothers was like buying a home from the Mafia!! We are going to FIGHT for our rights!! And are going to expose The TRUTH. Our story and experience will be told in a pamphlet that will be posted on the Internet.

Above all if you’re even thinking about buying a home from Toll Brothers please take the time to read all the thousands of complaints on this website and other consumer related websites like RIP OFF report. They have a 1.0 star rating for customer satisfaction because they DON'T care about their customers!!! We hope this helps and look for our pamphlet online coming soon.. What you should know before buying a Toll Brothers Home. “Our experience.” We are righteous consumers who have been ripped off and we are now part of the “Me Too Movement” in our local community. The good news is we are not the only victims. The more people that post and come forward with their experiences the better. # vegasstrong #channel13onyourside

Original review: June 10, 2019

My house is 4 years old, and has been in a state of repair for 4 years. Obviously there was no one supervising the construction process. Shoddy labor. Inadequate material and a stall process to delay you getting warranty coverage. When you go to the model they have all these awards for being a great builder, are the award companies talking to the home owners. I think not. I have suffered from cracked basement floors where some part are 12 inch pours and others are 2 inch pours, a Naples room ceiling that's falling apart, all of which was detected and noted on my first walk through. My cabinets are falling off the walls even though they were upgrades. The whole cabinet only had one screw holding it up and all Toll Brothers can say is it's out of warranty. How could bad labor be out of warranty. The carpet bunched up after a year. It is so bad you would probably get seasick climbing over the rolls.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My experience of purchasing a "quick delivery home" with Toll Brothers at Lenah Mill in Aldie, VA has proved to be traumatic at best, and a financial sieve at worst. There have been misrepresented promises in deliverables and finishes, and anyone I talk to in management tries to talk in circles around me, like I can't understand English. They guarantee "expert designers" use their eye and finishing touch on the QDH's. The concessions made for "expedited delivery" by the buyer are supposed to provide you with a luxury designer home that has been "expertly" and "thoughtfully" designed. I was shown blurry photos of specs without the level clearly marked on them. I was told there would be level 2 and quartz, and in the sheet I was sent, it shows level 1 and granite.

None of my questions regarding what the kitchen choices would look like were ever sent, and upon walking in last weekend, I found all bathrooms, including the master bath were tiled floor to ceiling in white glossy square tiles (level 1), along with level 1 cabinets with bright silver finishes, along with the cheapest possible light fixtures. The same cabinets are in the kitchen. Somehow, they are rationalizing that no ability to provide me with a closing date, level 1 = level 2, granite = quartz, dated design choices = expert designers, and that none of that is misrepresentation. They stated that their contracts are "serious" and you can't get out of them (EVEN IF YOU END UP UNABLE TO FINANCE AT THE END they won't give your money back!! ); that my situation doesn't constitute an ability to get my EMD back. They have no desire to make the customer happy whatsoever.

I signed on the dotted line because I was told the premium had just gone up 14k (because they decided people could afford more because homes "were selling too quickly" - they went up another 14k a couple of weeks later). My deposit is almost $40k - I purchased a "luxury designer single family home with an expert designer's touch" - it has been decorated with .69 cent tiles and bargain basement cabinets. All internal bathroom doors fold inward and can't be opened simultaneously because they ram into each other. I was told those couldn't be changed to swing out because if someone else found out, they would be mad they didn't have that changed. The pantry is half the size of the model's smallest home. The sales concierge admitted the lighting fixtures and cabinet pulls were installed wrong; that they shouldn't all be silver.

I can't get my EMD back because Toll Brothers likes to hold their customers hostage after you have signed. Oh, and according to their manager Jason and Kristen who indicated if I go over their head, it won't matter because management will take her and the sales manager's opinion, but that they had "no control" of the situation, other than to try and see about the closing date and change the backsplash (or "delete it"). They essentially told me they would make sure they would not support me getting my EMD back "under these circumstances"; that they don't warrant a reason to let me out of the contract because they would have to put it back on the market.

Why would I ever think I was building a brand new home with a dated interior on a kitchen and 4 bathrooms that I have to either renovate or accept that they look 10 years old and will be impossible to keep clean (hence why those all white glossy bathrooms are OUT OF DATE/STYLE)?? Not to mention the entire reason I purchased the home was to have assigned school enrollment, and the school let me know because I won't have a settlement before the school year, we can't get in because it will be full. The manager essentially said this is not their problem and "it sounds like you have options and just want out". Actually, I'll be living in a hotel, thank you very much, trying to get in a home I actually am passionate about before the school year, same as I was when I bought your "quick delivery home" that "takes approximately 1 year to build"!

In the contract they also prohibit you from selling the home for a year. I am absolutely traumatized, angry, and utterly heartbroken - beyond disappointed by this situation. Don't be me. Stay FAR, FAR away from Toll Brothers and especially their quick delivery homes, unless you just really could care less what they put in there, or how. You are selling a piece of yourself in the process otherwise.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Our dream always has been to own a Toll Brother home but we were disappointed when we finally own one. Considering Toll Brothers is #1 Luxury Home builder, we found the craftsmanship by contracted vendors to be erroneous, quality of materials used were subpar, and options that were offered as "Upgrades" at the Design Studio. There were many serious items that we had to fix in the last three months since we moved in mid-February:

-Master Bedroom closet was carpeted over a warped floor.
-Repairing stucco cracks at extended patio ceiling.
-Visible paint blotches on the front and side wall of the house we had to repaint twice.
-Cracked kitchen window.
-Improper installation of microwave trim kit (we're still fixing the issue as of today).
-Noise humming canned lights in the Master bedroom and the Loft (we were told that they will be replaced by July).
-Bubbling of paint at the Loft drywall.
-Missing a cabinet shelf at the garage entry.

-Missing a bathtub drain plug in one of the bathrooms.

It seems Mirabelle at Plum Canyon building crew has aggressive schedule to finish 100 homes in a year but they are spending more time fixing the mistakes made by their vendors instead. Sales team also had turnovers; 3 manager changes, from the time we made deposit in June, 2018 to January, 2019 when we closed escrow. We should have researched about Toll Brothers on ConsumerAffairs and BBB before we committed to purchasing this home. Is been only 3 months and we're already have items that needed to repairs which we never had when we bought our first home from Richmond American Homes 10 years ago. We believe in saying "You Get What You Pay For" in life but this is not the case with Toll Brothers.

Toll Brothers Company Information