1.3/5 (205 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Toll Brothers

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Toll Brothers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I wanted to write this review on behalf of myself and several neighbors. We talk. Toll Brothers has a reputation for quality home building and customer service pre-sale. What you need to know is that - especially with new builds- once the sale is closed they become extremely shady about getting things fixed or corrected and who’s liable for it. We’ve had leaks, missing radiant barriers, and a variety of small fixes that needed to be done in our first year and they have been hard to schedule, elusive, and accusatory.

We are not alone on our block. All this to say that if you buy a home, make sure your final walk through is as thorough as possible and don’t count on efficient, responsive service once it’s done. If we could go back, we would have chosen another builder even though we love our house. The customer care department is awful. Know this going in. I am located at the Aviano property in Skye Canyon, Las Vegas.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

This is our 2nd condo in NC. Expensive-over 500k each. Poor quality, NO construction workers, Sloppy, WORST no follow thru! Roof leaks, wiring splices, etc. Have gone thru 4 punch list guys in a year!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

My wife and I purchased this home 9 months ago. The quality of workmanship and the materials and components in this home are poorly done and cheaply made. This has been the absolute worse experience my wife and I had ever had. In 9 months Toll Brothers has had a turnover of personnel either transferred to other projects, quit or terminated. In 9 months we are on our 4th warranty representative. Those we have had have made promises and supposedly scheduled work to be done only proven to be lies with NO SHOWS and NO CALLS. After 9 months we are still waiting for things to be done and completed in our home. We still have a kitchen not completed and all we get is excuses and it’s always the other guy causing the problem. This house was $449,000. and isn’t worth half that price.

Sloppiness, and incompetence with their workers and subcontractors is what you can expect buying a home here in Longwood Bluffs, Murrells Inlet. They wanted to rush us into closing on the house with work undone. It literally took 4 walk-throughs before we went to settlement. We made a HUGE MISTAKE when we settled. Unfortunately, we trusted them to finish the work only to be consistently disappointed. BIG MISTAKE. If we knew then what we know now we would NEVER HAVE PURCHASED A TOLL BROTHERS HOME. Look at the reviews. There are a lot of #1’s. They should have 0’s.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

This is our 3rd build and by far the worst building experience we have had. We are located in Utah and several of our neighbors feel the exact same. We just hit our year mark and STILL have issues that have not been corrected. Just 2 nights ago ALL of our warranty items were marked complete and they have absolutely not been completed. Half par work and NOT a luxury home they advertise.

Their standard design options are just awful and their upgraded cabinetry is even worse. They are chipping and falling apart, our upgraded floors are gapping and chipping, window wells still have not been cut down as promised, we have had leaks and the contractor told me "Well I don't have x-ray vision to see in the walls." (The bathroom is on the other wall and you better believe there are plans that have water lines), they nailed right into them.

Overall Toll Brothers is a shady company that has beautiful floor plans but cannot produce the quality home that they promise. I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I am done. After 2 years of this (1 year to build and 1 year living in our home) we are jut so disappointed and done. If you are building with them or looking to build with them DON'T DO IT!

Original review: July 23, 2022

My overall experience is 1 star. You are definitely going to get a house which is definitely not up to the standards of the name as they advertise, luxury homes builders. Your home will be built to pass the town inspections so that you will get certificate of occupancy. But, when you request something to be taken care, you will be denied either by saying not a warranty item or you would be notified that it’s up to the Toll Brothers standards of performance, no further action will be taken and if you wish to proceed please hire another licensed contractor and get it done on your own. So, Try your luck.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Workers never showed up. I have five cracked pieces of siding that needs replaced and painted. No show on June 30th and not show today July 15th. No one at Toll Brothers really care so I’m sure this post is pointless.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Overall, we are very pleased with our new Toll Brothers home. Toll Brothers has delivered to us a very well constructed home in a beautiful Toll Brothers community. We can confidently recommend Toll Brothers. The availability of model homes in various Colorado Toll Brothers communities provided actual hands on access to features in our specific floor plan and just as importantly, to features of other Toll Brothers plans. It was immensely helpful to be able to see and touch and measure anything of interest, from structural aspects like foundation dimensions to finish features like cabinetry and lighting. With the insights obtained from all of this we could better anticipate how to meld the available home features into our vision of our dream home. Noteworthy also in this regard, we found that the sales staff at the various Toll Brothers communities we visited in Colorado were consistently supportive and helpful.

The weekly status calls with our construction manager were very informative. As a home buyer, we would visit the build site each week and observe the latest progress. In doing so, there are a stream of questions and concerns which arise. The calls provided a running opportunity for us to seek an understanding of the build process and thereby reconcile what we were observing with the what's and why's of the series of stages of the Toll Brothers build process. We could raise any questions and voice any concerns so that we could maintain a running understanding of the build status, which allowed us to both manage our expectations and to monitor progress from an informed perspective. We found that the construction manager listened to our concerns, provided clarification when needed and most importantly, actively followed-up to address any build related issues which we raised.

In summary, for most people the experience of building a new home may be filled with an ongoing mix of many emotions. For us, there have been exciting and even thrilling moments as well as very concerning or even frustrating moments. But through it all, we found that the Toll Brothers sales and construction management staff have partnered with us effectively in achieving a great home build outcome. This is appreciated and highly valued. We have learned that, given all of the normal challenges a builder must manage ranging from weather to availability of materials and resources (and time), we feel Toll Brothers has come through for us with a beautiful new home and has operated throughout with integrity and conscientious intent to achieve the best possible outcome, all things considered.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I signed a contract with Toll Brothers on April of 2021. The house was promised to be by January. We've selected and designed and confirmed everything is good to go by Toll Brothers. By the time the house was 3 months late, they sent a notice for 2 months closing date. As the closing date is during our kid's school 5/12, we asked for extension whether if we can close it at the end of the month. They said no so we worked with lender to lock in the rate to be closed on the date they promised. Within 2 weeks before closing, they said they didn't have the stone that we have selected and asked us to pick other stones that we didn't like and it didn't match with the scheme of the house. They said that if we don't pick the stone, the house is potentially pushed out all the way to August. I was ok with that as long as they are paying for my discount point and extension of the interest rate lock. They didn't and said it's not their fault.

I was forced to pick a new stone and close a week later than promised. Even during the closing date, they haven't done all the items that we've identified during our walkthrough. They promised the list will get done as I didn't sign off on it. A week later, they still haven't got a chance to fix it. On top of that headache, they have agent that assigned to me left and they never reached out or even assign a new one until I reached out 4 weeks later. This is my fourth house that I've purchased in the past 20 years (job relocation), Toll Brothers has some nice design but it comes to customer services and communication, it's one of the worst if it's not the worst. Long T

Original review: April 28, 2022

I was trying to get on the waiting list for ovation in Wintergarden Florida, and I have sent at least seven or eight emails to figure out how to get on the waiting list, if a deposit is needed, when the models will be done because apparently the models are not finished for the house as they are selling, and the representatives which I will not share their names unless you contact me privately, have been the worst of any builder I have worked within the area. I have worked with four other builders and these folks, they don’t care. Great properties, need better bedside manner training.

Original review: March 31, 2022

This property participates in the ADU program (affordable housing) and I was informed by the OTA that is illegal to charge more than $50 for an application fee and this property charges $75. I reached out to one of the leasing agents and she had an attitude when I brought this to her attention. I have also reported them to the OTA & DCHD for further investigation. Also, the reviews are true. Stay away.

Toll Brothers Company Information