2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Toll Brothers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

We had a fantastic experience working with the Toll Brothers team at the Rosecrest development in Herriman. Everyone that we worked with from our sales coordinator to project manager to design assistant were EXTREMELY professional, helpful and always willing to work with us on special requests. We are confident that anyone moving into this development will have a great experience. Thank you Toll Brothers and we would be happy to recommend you to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

We have a Toll Brothers townhome and we love it... No major issues, only six small items for Toll Brothers to fix at end of first year. We would buy another Toll Brothers home in a heartbeat. Our entire purchase process and getting the townhome built was uneventful.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I think buying a new home requires a lot of research and inspection to be successful. This applies to new home construction and existing home purchases. Each has its unique challenges. Why are we happy? First of all, after twenty years, Toll Brothers is still going strong while many builders from back then have closed up and disappeared. The Toll Brothers brand still gives an added premium if we chose to sell the house. Also, I have come to appreciate that Toll is not just the builder of their houses, they are also the land developer. This eliminates much of the potential finger-pointing when utilities and water drainage issues arise.

A couple of points I understand better now: first, signing the contract and paying the down payment basically means you have already bought the house -- the closing is just the final formality. Our contract gave Toll 365 days to deliver. You should expect that that's how long it will take. House prices fluctuate and a year is a long time. If prices rise, you've gotten a great deal. If prices fall, you've lost real money. Just as if you owned the house for a year.

We had a lawyer review the Toll Sales contract. We had an inspector examine the house right before drywall was put up. And we talked to the County Planning and Zoning office and the County Building inspectors. All said to us that Toll was not perfect, but they were one of the best builders in the county. And the first year, Toll came numerous times to work on fixes and adjustments to our house. Yes, we did have to push to get some things done right. But I expected that would be the case.

Did we make mistakes? Of course. For example, I wish I went through the options list more thoroughly. After the development was finished, we found out from neighbors about options we didn't even know were offered. The salespeople really made it difficult for us to see the full option list. I guess they were afraid we would price ourselves out of our mortgage approval limit. In any case, I wrote review because I thought my experiences might be helpful to someone else. Best wishes.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I purchased new construction in the Regency Monroe Masters. I was extremely impressed with the models but the actual actual construction of my home is no comparison to the model. The materials used to build the home is second grade which to me is unacceptable as this home is costing me $700,000. Every detail is extremely sloppy and I have pictures to verify this information.

Brand new cabinets in my kitchen are all damaged and when I ask for them to remedy all these faults they simply ignore me. Today was the most upsetting as they have a detailed information sheet on my front door detailing the requirements for workers to be in the house. One requirement is to wear a cloth mask but there was a worker in the home Today putting up the backsplash with no mask. I am now concerned who entered my home during this COVID 19 pandemic. Another concern is my front daughter has white streaks going through the black paint. The corking around the windows is extremely sloppy and very unprofessional. Please beware before wasting your money.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Recently purchased a 4-year old $2 million dollar Toll Brothers house in Parkland Golf and Country Club. I have had nothing but problems.... Had to replace 8 windows for defect, locking system on hurricane impact door not working, faucets failing, now dealing with woodpeckers distorting all the cheap composite columns they put on the house! Also issues with pool leaks from their pool builder not sealing the spa properly. Toll Brothers using the same cheap materials on a multi million dollar home that they use on a tract home! Buyer beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?

Original review: March 4, 2020

BUYERS BEWARE - TOLL BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION PROCESS IS UNACCEPTABLE! Our family of five have been in our home for over 7 MONTHS and we still do not have... HOT WATER in our upgraded master shower so my wife and I have had to take over 300+ showers in the kids bathrooms. UPGRADED GARAGE DOOR never worked. Upgraded electronic FRONT DOOR LOCK has never worked (can't lock or unlock front door) so we have to walk around to gain entry at the back locked door because the garage door doesn't work. And these are just 3 of 50 outstanding items not completed since being forced to close.

We closed on our home in July 2019. We had 26 punch items promised to be completed before we closed but they were never done. We were forced to close and since have informed Toll Brothers of the 25 more new missed punch / warranty items, but these have never been addressed either. Toll Brothers has been aware that since we closed last July 2019 I have had my mother-in-law come to our home for 30 straight Wednesdays from 8:30am to 5pm so they can schedule trades but Toll Brothers & Toll Brothers Warranty either cancelled, had to reschedule or just plain never showed up without any calls but let me be clear all the items are still not addressed and my mother in law has wasted a total of about a month waiting for someone to come complete the construction of our new home. Many various supervisors have come by during this time to check on trades work but there was never anything done so they just keep apologizing.

Toll brothers building / warranty process is a huge problem. They do not honor their word. They are not customer focused. We realize our home is being built by trades but thought the Toll Brother management would be more impactful to the process. Their customer service / sales personal on many times has said they escalated my many grievances for the unfinished home to corporate, but NOTHING ever gotten done so it was just lip service.

Today (March 4th, 2020) the trades were scheduled to finally come to complete 50 items between 8am-5pm but because my mother-in-law was not there until 8:15-30am they cancelled the entire day this morning. They do not know when they can reschedule in the future and tried to make me feel guilty that they may be charged for the 30mins they were waiting. Again, you can see they are not customer focused. They are not about resolving urgent issues in a timely manner that were their responsibility and now I have to wait even longer to finally take a shower in our upgraded master shower after 7 months.

Wow Toll Brothers Coastal Oaks management / area managers / corporate leadership where are you in this process & can you please get my home completed now (especially the basic items) that we paid you in full for in July 2019? Your move toll brothers here at coastal oaks, are you going to finally come complete my home with quality and the same since of urgency you put on me to close 7 months ago?

I plan to update this review that I filled out along with many other sites across the internet in hopes to get the urgent attention that my unfinished home of 7 months deserves, plus to help create more awareness to help others possibly thinking of buying or recently purchased what we have experienced, what we hear from many others in this community Coastal Oaks (that this unacceptable construction process is common) and that we feel is very bad business practices from Toll Brothers during their closeout of the Coastal Oaks community. I wish I never had to write this review, but Toll Brothers left me no choice!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Design Gallery Standard Options. Toll Brothers apparently is named as the Luxury home builder and also publicizes affordable luxury. We were extremely proud to have associated with them to build our dream home. However, this feeling didn’t last long once we made it to their design appointments. The standard options offered by Toll are miserable. It’s hard to get an overall appealing look unless you upgrade every single option. The carpets and granite are so outdated that it's hard to incorporate. Wonder if they get all the discontinued products from old warehouses to get rid of them and offer as standards. It gets even harder even If one is working with a certain budget in mind. We have to go overboard with every option to get a reasonable look. I only wish they upgrade the standard options and offer fair prices for anything above standards. Overall, worst experience with Design Gallery so far.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Overall, it's an extremely poor quality and cheap construction home. Over a period of almost 9-month construction process, we noticed hundreds of defects and notified these defects to the construction manager but most issues were completely ignored during the entire construction process. During a pre-closing walk through, they promised to get them all fixed by the time we come back from closing, we came and noticed all blue tape from defective areas were removed without any fixes.

The house is not build per design and specifications, severe damages to several areas of the house, upgraded items are not the same as shown in agreement and damaged. The front elevation and interior designs are not the same floor plan and agreement. The front door's keypad didn't work and they couldn't fix it for months, I replace it myself. The heating systems wasn't working and it was freezing inside, had to call a local technician for emergency service in the middle of night to get it to work. The Security Alarm system doesn't work at all.

Countertops are damaged, floor tiles are uneven and have severely scratched everywhere, bathroom floor and wall tiles have permanent stains all over, wood flooring is awfully damaged, kitchen cabinets are damaged and not installed per spec, the cooktop is not the same brand as the other appliances installed, walls are not straight, floor makes noise, front door and garage door is damaged, the front and back yard is not leveled and water puddles everywhere. The interesting thing is that most of these issues were reported several months before closing, they kept promising that the house will be build per signed agreement and all defects will all be fixed by the time we close. They also lie frequently.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Too much to write. If you are going to invest more than 200k, turn around and don't look back. No matter how much you are paying for the house, you'll be getting a sub 200k quality house. That includes materials workmanship work ethics and warranty services. Read all the bad reviews and add whatever you can possibly imagine. It will come true. One example out of many, when I bought a new 500k condo, I did pointed out that 3 parts of floor on 2nd floor were noticeably uneven and sinking. Toll genius decided to put a carpet over and hoping to be done with it. Refuse to correct the issue along with other problems for over a year and try to tell me that warranty period expired. Again, too many to list. Read other reviews unless you have enough cash to burn and hoping for them to show up all day long to finally agree to correct the issue only to find out they will need to reschedule your time, then go for it. I've tried to make this review shortest possible.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Horrible Experience and attitude! We built a $1.75 MM home with Toll in Scottsdale in 2017 and feel it was the cheapest and worst built home anyone could imagine. Pretty much everyone in our 33 home development felt the same way. 2 yrs later, we just had to repaint the home because Toll only applied one thin coat of paint. Worst part is Toll's agreements which prohibit lawsuits against them in attempt to keep homeowners from suing and making public their horrible construction practices. Don't be deceived by their slick advertising. Here's a short list of defects in our home:

1. A 20 ft lam beam spanning a large sliding door was undersized and excessively bowed. Had to be replaced after found this problem. The door installer later told us that he had refused to install the door due to this problem and Toll told him to proceed anyway.
      2. Over 60 cement roof tiles were broken.
      3. Metal flashing on the roof was missing.
      4. The courtyard wall wasn't built to the Plans. It was 3 ft short and had to be raised.
      5. Three glass panels on the courtyard doors had seals broken and were replaced.
      6. The TV wall had to be rebuilt three (3) times because it didn't follow Plans.
      7. Two windows in the Master bedroom were installed in the wrong location according to the Plans.
      8. Numerous cabinet doors in the kitchen were twisted and the replacements now don't match colors.
      9. The master shower tile floor has been replaced three times and still allows water to seep underneath.
      10. The master tub was install improperly and had to be removed and re-installed.
      11. Wood flooring in the office was gouged.
      12. Main A/C vent in kitchen was covered with drywall.
      13. Paint splattered throughout the home on the tile flooring.
      14. Two spotlights in the kitchen were incorrectly spaced in the ceiling.
      15. The sliding door in the Master bedroom leaked water and wouldn't close tight.
      16. The attic access was unusable because it was entirely blocked by electrical wiring in the attic.
      17. The glass shower door in the guest bathroom fell off.
      18. No covers provided for courtyard drain lines.
      19. Guest bathroom countertop was covered with silicone caulking.
      20. The roof in the great room leaked water causing damage to the drywall ceiling.
      21. Garage roof leaked.
      22. Entire house had to be repainted in less than 2 years.

23. All lumber looked like the lowest grade possible. It also sat exposed to the weather for over a year. Entire build took about 2 years.

We have built other custom homes and will never build with Toll again!!

Toll Brothers Company Information