Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
1.30/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

135 Toll Brothers Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

My house is 4 years old, and has been in a state of repair for 4 years. Obviously there was no one supervising the construction process. Shoddy labor. Inadequate material and a stall process to delay you getting warranty coverage. When you go to the model they have all these awards for being a great builder, are the award companies talking to the home owners. I think not. I have suffered from cracked basement floors where some part are 12 inch pours and others are 2 inch pours, a Naples room ceiling that's falling apart, all of which was detected and noted on my first walk through. My cabinets are falling off the walls even though they were upgrades. The whole cabinet only had one screw holding it up and all Toll Brothers can say is it's out of warranty. How could bad labor be out of warranty. The carpet bunched up after a year. It is so bad you would probably get seasick climbing over the rolls.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My experience of purchasing a "quick delivery home" with Toll Brothers at Lenah Mill in Aldie, VA has proved to be traumatic at best, and a financial sieve at worst. There have been misrepresented promises in deliverables and finishes, and anyone I talk to in management tries to talk in circles around me, like I can't understand English. They guarantee "expert designers" use their eye and finishing touch on the QDH's. The concessions made for "expedited delivery" by the buyer are supposed to provide you with a luxury designer home that has been "expertly" and "thoughtfully" designed. I was shown blurry photos of specs without the level clearly marked on them. I was told there would be level 2 and quartz, and in the sheet I was sent, it shows level 1 and granite.

None of my questions regarding what the kitchen choices would look like were ever sent, and upon walking in last weekend, I found all bathrooms, including the master bath were tiled floor to ceiling in white glossy square tiles (level 1), along with level 1 cabinets with bright silver finishes, along with the cheapest possible light fixtures. The same cabinets are in the kitchen. Somehow, they are rationalizing that no ability to provide me with a closing date, level 1 = level 2, granite = quartz, dated design choices = expert designers, and that none of that is misrepresentation. They stated that their contracts are "serious" and you can't get out of them (EVEN IF YOU END UP UNABLE TO FINANCE AT THE END they won't give your money back!! ); that my situation doesn't constitute an ability to get my EMD back. They have no desire to make the customer happy whatsoever.

I signed on the dotted line because I was told the premium had just gone up 14k (because they decided people could afford more because homes "were selling too quickly" - they went up another 14k a couple of weeks later). My deposit is almost $40k - I purchased a "luxury designer single family home with an expert designer's touch" - it has been decorated with .69 cent tiles and bargain basement cabinets. All internal bathroom doors fold inward and can't be opened simultaneously because they ram into each other. I was told those couldn't be changed to swing out because if someone else found out, they would be mad they didn't have that changed. The pantry is half the size of the model's smallest home. The sales concierge admitted the lighting fixtures and cabinet pulls were installed wrong; that they shouldn't all be silver.

I can't get my EMD back because Toll Brothers likes to hold their customers hostage after you have signed. Oh, and according to their manager Jason and Kristen who indicated if I go over their head, it won't matter because management will take her and the sales manager's opinion, but that they had "no control" of the situation, other than to try and see about the closing date and change the backsplash (or "delete it"). They essentially told me they would make sure they would not support me getting my EMD back "under these circumstances"; that they don't warrant a reason to let me out of the contract because they would have to put it back on the market.

Why would I ever think I was building a brand new home with a dated interior on a kitchen and 4 bathrooms that I have to either renovate or accept that they look 10 years old and will be impossible to keep clean (hence why those all white glossy bathrooms are OUT OF DATE/STYLE)?? Not to mention the entire reason I purchased the home was to have assigned school enrollment, and the school let me know because I won't have a settlement before the school year, we can't get in because it will be full. The manager essentially said this is not their problem and "it sounds like you have options and just want out". Actually, I'll be living in a hotel, thank you very much, trying to get in a home I actually am passionate about before the school year, same as I was when I bought your "quick delivery home" that "takes approximately 1 year to build"!

In the contract they also prohibit you from selling the home for a year. I am absolutely traumatized, angry, and utterly heartbroken - beyond disappointed by this situation. Don't be me. Stay FAR, FAR away from Toll Brothers and especially their quick delivery homes, unless you just really could care less what they put in there, or how. You are selling a piece of yourself in the process otherwise.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Our dream always has been to own a Toll Brother home but we were disappointed when we finally own one. Considering Toll Brothers is #1 Luxury Home builder, we found the craftsmanship by contracted vendors to be erroneous, quality of materials used were subpar, and options that were offered as "Upgrades" at the Design Studio. There were many serious items that we had to fix in the last three months since we moved in mid-February:

-Master Bedroom closet was carpeted over a warped floor.
-Repairing stucco cracks at extended patio ceiling.
-Visible paint blotches on the front and side wall of the house we had to repaint twice.
-Cracked kitchen window.
-Improper installation of microwave trim kit (we're still fixing the issue as of today).
-Noise humming canned lights in the Master bedroom and the Loft (we were told that they will be replaced by July).
-Bubbling of paint at the Loft drywall.
-Missing a cabinet shelf at the garage entry.

-Missing a bathtub drain plug in one of the bathrooms.

It seems Mirabelle at Plum Canyon building crew has aggressive schedule to finish 100 homes in a year but they are spending more time fixing the mistakes made by their vendors instead. Sales team also had turnovers; 3 manager changes, from the time we made deposit in June, 2018 to January, 2019 when we closed escrow. We should have researched about Toll Brothers on ConsumerAffairs and BBB before we committed to purchasing this home. Is been only 3 months and we're already have items that needed to repairs which we never had when we bought our first home from Richmond American Homes 10 years ago. We believe in saying "You Get What You Pay For" in life but this is not the case with Toll Brothers.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We are writing this review to prevent other potential victims into buying or even thinking about buying a Toll Brothers home. We only wished we had read ALL the horrifying reviews from across the nation. We are now amongst all the other Americans and possible non-Americans who got screwed by Toll Brothers. First and foremost they draw you in with these incredible model homes built with top notch product that you later find out doesn’t even exist in the showroom. And the product in the showroom is so outdated you have to select the highest level which they mark up 75 percent. That’s right. The hardware for all the cabinets outside of Toll Brothers with the same vendor was $2,000.00 and Toll Brothers charges $11,000.00.

After you agree to pay the premium and they have your money and signature they don’t install the same product you choose in the showroom. In my case the product never existed by the vendor they claim they got it from in the first place. We contacted the vendor and they never saw the product either. Toll Brothers cuts a sample of a different material, gives it the same name and code but it doesn’t match what you saw in the showroom or vendor's showroom. TOTAL “BAIT & SWITCH”.

The way the company’s run is extremely unprofessional and unethical, and they could care a less about you and your dream house, they are only interested in lining their pockets. Not to mention how rude and ugly they get when you expose the truth! It’s a construction racket going on for decades. We bought a Toll Brothers home hoping to live in our dream home but unfortunately we never moved in and are now out in the streets, because they refuse to fix any of their mistakes and build accordingly to the plan. In fact they completely ignore you and all the correspondences you write. They don’t care at all about their customers, they are ruthless liars and all we could do is get a lawyer and sue and we now await arbitration, because that’s what their contract states. Above all, it has been a total NIGHTMARE and Toll Brothers has put us through hell and I don’t wish that upon anyone. I hope this reviews helps and God bless!

Original review: May 17, 2019

We have a home in the Toll Brothers’ Community of White Creek. This is in Ocean View, Delaware. This community is about 13 years old and is unfinished. Toll Brothers has virtually pulled out of the community. Unfortunately, they are still in charge of the Homeowner's Association. There are empty lots in the community which have turned to weeds because Toll only want to pay for mowing not weed control or fertilizer. This distracts from the appearance of the community. When things are brought up at the Board meeting (where the community has one rep) they fall on deaf ears. The homes originally sold for $700,000.000 to a million dollars. Now we are lucky to get between $500,000 and $600,000. We have asked Toll Brothers numerous time to complete the community or sell the lots. They have refused and we are now at our wits' end. “Let the buyer beware” when purchasing anything from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?

Original review: May 8, 2019

I live in a new Toll Brothers home now for 6 years. If you don't catch your defective house issue within the first year you are screwed. It's a business where they don't care about the buyer. They use the cheapest roofing, flooring, windows, plumbing, electric just hoping it lasts a year without breaking. Would never buy another Toll Brothers home again.

Original review: April 26, 2019

The so called project manager was rarely here. We caught most of the blunders ourselves. The main problem we have now is ceiling cracks. TB "fixed" them twice to no avail...Now they claim they are cosmetic. Apparently 25 foot long 1/8th to 1/4 inch cracks are not structural. They also used diluted, low grade exterior paint. Neighbors are having to repaint their houses after 3 years. It took 14 service calls to get our Control 4 a/v system to work. It is still problematic. A neighbor opened up a wall to fix a wiring problem, found twisted pairs without wire nuts. The list goes on. The best advice I can give is to ask a builder what the span of control is for their project managers. If it is more than 2-4 houses on the same site, find another builder unless you want to be onsite everyday and supervise the subs. At least put in your contract that you will hire your own building inspector for the various phases of construction.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We would give Toll Brothers a zero if possible. We built our home in Anthem Ranch in Broomfield Colorado in 2017. We were unable to get in to see the interior of the house the last six weeks before closing due to formaldehyde joist mitigation. On walking on our main floor, dishes rattle in our kitchen sink and bowls rattle on cabinets throughout the house even at the distance of up to 15 feet away. We were told by Toll Brother's senior project manager and vice president that this was a "perceived problem" on our part.

We have had numerous other problems, such as six cabinet doors scratched beyond repair, one door splintered off the hinges, shower basin not grouted, tile missing behind the bath tub, broken floor tiles in the bathroom. Other problems include mushrooming of all screws on the back deck and stairs causing elevated areas around the screws enough to trip over (I had to explain to them how to install a deck so as to prevent this. Toll Brothers acted as if they did not understand this concept). A toilet leak under the wood floor in our powder room damaging a 4X4 sq. foot section.

The toilet had been shoved on to the ring seal bending it half way in. There are numerous other problems we are still dealing with over one year later. In hindsight, we made a mistake in trusting and buying from Toll Brothers. We have since had our house evaluated by our own structural engineer and have had the sub floor addressed by another company. We will not deal with Toll Brothers again.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We committed to Toll Brothers in December of 2016 and closed on our lot and “custom” home in February 2018. We paid for a custom home but got tract housing. We have now been in our home for a year and are still trying to get basics resolved. The subflooring was warped when they installed but rather than resolve the issues, Toll subcontractors installed carpeting and wood floor over the warped floorboards. We now have “squeaks” and peaks under carpeting with fractured wood flooring. We have had multiple visits by the subpar subcontractors to resolve heating, water heater, plumbing and flooring issues. Toll is not responsible in meeting agreed upon repair dates and does not coordinate visits in a logical sequence which allows resolution of the issues.

We are over a year dealing with problems that we as buyers should have demanded be resolved prior to our closing on the house. Every time the subcontractors are in our home they damage flooring, paint, track mud and have stolen items from our basement. This is a nightmare I would not wish on anyone. My husband, unwittingly, initially gave them a 5-star rating. This is to warn others about the poor quality and poor service associated with Anthem Ranch in Broomfield, Colorado.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Realize that the advertised price is for their cheapest elevation. Sometimes even that picture does not include everything, e.g. dormers, porch, etc. The Design Center is where they want you to pay excessive amounts for anything except their included very basic flooring and fixtures. ($10,000 extra for soft-close cabinets in the kitchen). You'll pay a bundle if you want drawers in your bathroom cabinets. You will be asked to pick out what you like and THEN given the price. If you find it is too high, you go back to square one. We removed a faucet from our options list for $400 (online at 1/2 their price) only to find they forgot to remove it. They may go back and forth with the sales center overpricing (bathtub in our case) which consumes more of your time. Their "upgraded" appliances include only one model of the brands that they offer. You will be shown options for tray cabinets when you really need to pick out color choices.

Make sure you visit the site constantly. The 300 item list before closing is nothing you can really go over in less than hours, not the day of closing. If you have a Toll mortgage, they will pick your move-in date whether you or your house are ready. Move-in day was a disaster. House was not clean. The last few weeks of construction were extremely rushed. Wallboard tape is showing (no worries, they'll paint over it) with debris in the paint. Cabinet doors were not adjusted properly or just plain bad. Other doors closed, but there are large gaps so light shines through. Faulty carpentry is fixed with caulk. Trim and cabinets were chipped MANY places. It is hard to find a smooth place on the trim. Try to get them to come back for the 30-day warranty. "My Toll Home" and construction have to duke it out. So on Valentine's Day - Roses are red; Violets are blue; If you buy a Toll Bros.; You'll be stuck too.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The initial stage of the process including the sales process, securing financing and finalizing the contract, and selecting options at the Design Studio were all a very positive experience. However, this quickly changed starting from the pre-construction stage. At the pre-construction meeting, the construction manager informed me that the elevation range for my home was from 6.5 to 8.0 and he had selected 6.5. When I requested to have the home at the higher elevation of 8.0, the construction manager in a condensing manner said "no". He provided no explanation. Since this time, every request has been "no", even on items that were said to be "doable" such as, combining kitchen sink and cabinet onto island. This required no structural changes such as removing of walls, etc.

Every Monday someone from the construction team is required to call to inform of the work performed and the expected work for the following week. Because these calls or any form of communication is not being received from the construction team, my husband and I visit the property site once a week. Last week, we discovered that only two hopper windows were installed instead of four. Immediately, reached out to sales manager, who confirmed that four windows were purchased. Any assistance that can be provided is greatly appreciated, since the construction phase is a long process and do not have any confidence in those managing the building of my home based on past experiences.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Salespeople at THE ENCLAVE AT ELLIS PRESERVE play games with the public. They have these huge lot premiums 35,000 for a great location looking over Goshen Road in Newtown Square, Pa. The salesperson Jen told us everyone was walking out. Because of the high premium. She said let me talk my boss. She then came back and said they lowed the lot premium to 20,000 and then proceeded to say plus 10,000 for a vinyl sliding door which is what they use in this housing development along with vinyl siding. You should be very careful when you're buying a house for 600,000 and with inflated options can go probably to 800,000 or more. My wife and I almost bought a house but after back and forth came down to 4,000 difference on the smallest house.

We said if you throw in the walkout vinyl sliding door in basement you have a deal. I was told they would give 5,000 toward door and if we wanted anymore we would have to buy 20,000 of their inflated upgrades and they would give us 20% off. We could not use this on options we already chose. It was a blessing in disguise that we walked. They try to entice with the model to upgrade to their horrible workmanship for installation of overpriced upgrades. We chose to stay in our 22 year old house which is still cheaper to maintain than a vinyl sided house that will look horrible in a few years Don’t be fooled by Toll. Good Luck.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We bought luxury home from Toll Brothers. Cost us a lot of money. But the quality of the house and service was horrible. The sales rep and project manager do not communicate, they were very disorganized and confused. There were upgrades we wanted to include, but ended up that they didn't include them when they were building the house. We spent a lot on the upgrades on the house, but they built the house like production homes, built them with no upgrades. Then when we did first walk through, we found out they missed a lot of the upgrades stuff. Then when we did second walkthrough at closing, we found out even more stuff didn't do correctly and didn't include those upgrades we wanted. For example, they were suppose to do the pre-wiring for the camera system before Sheetrock, they forgot to do that.

They were suppose to include barn door beams before Sheetrock, again they didn't include those beams. We found out afterward, so Toll Brothers have to end up drilling holes everywhere just to get them fix. When we moved in few months, the water pipe underneath ground broke causing water to overflow and our bill to be hundreds of dollars. Toll Brothers horrible builder. I escalate to VP of Sales at Toll Brothers, he promised to give me credit for what they did wrong. All of sudden he disappear and never respond to any of my email. Horrible service! I will never want to buy home from Toll Brothers anymore!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Be aware of their mortgage company TBI mortgage company! I would tell you: Stay away from this liar! They are cheating and play cheap word game on you! We chose to use them for our loan because they promised us a lot of credit. Before we signed the loan, there are what they promised us: “We would need to collect a $1,000 rate fully refundable rate lock fee and a $450 appraisal fee. You will get a full credit for both on your closing disclosure.” – From Timothy ** (their loan officer) on 8/16/2018. “TBI Mortgage will be giving you a credit at closing for the $450 appraisal fee you already paid.” – From Liz ** (their loan processor) on 09/17/2018. But, guess what? At closing, the “credit” they mentioned on all their emails are just a statement saying we have paid this money. This is so cheap a word game! Be aware of this liar and stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I am the first time homeowner and booked this home at Timber Creek when no one moved in and it was still empty plots. Now initial treatments were great and the Project Manager listen to our suggestion and requests as it was custom built. After we moved in Feb '2016 we were happy and then slowly there were issues started to erupt.

First there were rat issues as all the insulation was not proper so mice get inside home and started destroying food in the pantry. After complaint they had sent pest control and then that has resulted in identification of the areas which got insulated. Next it started with one of the closet door conked out of the rail which seems to be outside the warranty period and I had to pay. Now recently our the walk-in closet light stopped working through. The bulbs might have broken but seems not that now I have to ask for some electrician.

Initially I thought there is some MCB issue but seems not so. In two years if we have so many problems on a new home, what would happen after 10 years. I will makes sure the issues get reached to the top official of the Toll and I will try to get this out so that people think twice when they book home from Toll. I am dissatisfied first time home buyer from Toll so will not recommend anyone to buy new homes or Toll homes.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

About a year ago I was asked to vacate my property in order to fix a ceiling that was coming apart and a floor that was uneven. The Toll Brothers designated person who was going to supervise the activity let the floor company leave without doing anything. When I complained I was told that I would have to pack up the area again. I said I needed help to do this because I hurt myself on the first attempt. I was ignored. I have an uneven hardwood floor and the upstairs flooring is raising so that I have difficulty closing the door. I suffer with humidity close to 90% for most of the summer. Toll Brother built me a crappy house on a piece of property that does not have proper drainage. Let the buyer beware!!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

How about those Toll Brothers? Please let me add my experience to the continuing list of frustrated homeowners. I purchased a new TB home in Michigan and I definitely can assure you this company has no business in the home building industry. I believe they should simply stick to architectural design and leave the building to experts. But, as we speak of design they fail in that area because they should indeed include design work for all housing systems plumbing, electrical, HVAC, security, etc.

If you look at my home from the bottom up you would see chaos in all those systems. Plumbing on top of heating vents (takes 3 minutes to get cold water in winter), chopped out joists where they wanted to run ducts (3) but later found out they couldn't, no advance notice of where they decided to rough in basement plumbing. Attaching all sorts of plywood supports to joists to try and eliminate floor vibration (This seems to be a definite design flaw to my model). Some of the minor things include using wood screws to mount T/P holder in bathroom, installing ceramic tile on top of baseboard mouldings.

Sadly, these guys do not understand that the most important part of this process is in Project Management and oversight. You do not need to hire expert craftsmen BUT you MUST manage the teams THEY HIRE to do their building. I worked in industry for over 35 years and know the product results are thru managed processes. I would like Toll Brothers commit to building as well as they design.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Sales process is as others claim all glitz, the problems become more apparent when you sign agreement which upon their signing commences the attorney review during which your only recourse is to reject the agreement risking a long delay in your $50k deposit coming back since it's held by the corporation Toll NJ I and not in escrow. Their condescending tone in the blanket rejection of all my attorney's requests for amendment are warning signs they'll indeed not honor any home warranty which is the only legal fallback rendered practically useless. Trust and confidence were already low due to the testimonials of locals who have Toll homes noting its high wear and low durability over 13y at an adjacent development of theirs and this process has lowered it even more.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

If you buy a Toll Brothers new home, you are most likely disappointed from the quality of their contractors workmanship. I moved to a new community in Jupiter Country Club, Florida, and had watched the construction of my house in over a year period. Toll Brothers is not looking at the contract and I had to catch many mistakes in the construction alterations as were paid and agreed upon. Their supervisors are on site mostly when the house is due to close in few weeks. Then they have to deal with unhappy homeowner that find many items not done professionally or did not followed the design center choices. Some of the findings included: roof drainage problems, broken or wrong appliances, doors that were misplaced or damaged, incomplete landscaping, plumbing issues such as water heater.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Toll Brothers is greedy and off base by forcing these inept, useless communications companies down residents throats. They give contracts to these companies for 3 years and force people who they’ve already made money in to continue to line their greedy pockets through kickbacks of companies like Optimum. In the 2 years living in this community our internet and phone haven't worked multiple times. Optimum is worthless in customer service. ANYONE BUYING A TOLL BROTHERS HOME, BEWARE, THEY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO CHOSE IN ORDER TO GET HUGE KICKBACKS from companies who aren't able to provide service you're paying for.

I believe residents of Toll communities should unite and file class action suit against Toll and Optimum. Optimum should be forced to rebate EVERY customer for downtime of internet, phone and/or TV. Toll is violating our rights. They’re not giving homeowners a choice. That’s not legal. A smart group of attorneys should file a class action against Toll for infringing on home buyers right to chose! Sue for BILLIONS, make it painful.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have built 3 homes over the years. This is my first Toll Brothers home. Let me assure you it was a wonderful, stress free experience! I was informed every week on what has been done and what is expected to be done in the following week. Great communication. This I attest to the subdivision management. Everyone showed exemplary professionalism, respect and caring from the contractor, salesperson and the team that made this experience so wonderful! The house was always open to me to walk thru and see the progress and if anything was not right. My home is quality built and was completed earlier than originally expected. I have always wanted a Toll Brothers home and I am so happy I have a Toll Brothers Home!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

STOP-DO NOT PASS GO-STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUILDER. I have a Toll Brothers home. I am in one of the neighborhoods that Toll Brothers did subpar work on stucco and brick homes. I have been trying unsuccessfully to get only schematics to replace my sprinkler system, lighting system and drainage system. The Div Exec has a gate keeper that keeps you away and the customer care team does not answer emails nor phone calls. Apparently the Sales Team does a great job selling, however after that everything is downhill.

Original review: July 1, 2018

My husband and I purchased a “Quick Delivery” home from Toll Brothers, Julington Creek, St. Johns, Florida, January 2018, and have experienced nothing but delays and empty promises! We will never buy nor recommend others to purchase from this company! See pics of our house as of July 1st... a long ways from

a July Quick Build! Buyer Beware!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I'm 73 years old & I have had 4 strokes & brain operations, the building that I live only has 1 key, there is no way a EMT or police can get into the building or my apartment if I need help. I have ask to be release from my lease, my doctors have send letters on my behalf, informing the need for help within a hour time if I'm having a stroke. That was a month ago, I have request to talk with someone from your office many time, I'm always told they have to wait for permission to release a phone number for Toll Brothers. Today I was told it will take 3 months rent to buy out of the lease. Please please someone call me about the above.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Have had problems with cabinets peeling. Now we find out person behind our property is using part of our property as a gravel driveway. We were unable to see this because of the NAOS. Toll gave us a copy of the plat that does not show that. We had to order a survey and spoke with person and now person refuses to move driveway and now we have put a claim with the title insurance because Toll gave us a deceiving copy of plat.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We built our new Toll Brothers home beginning in August 2017. The floor plans, elevations and amenities are beautiful and the home is very energy efficient. Our complaints are with materials and craftsmanship. Day one after taking possession of our new home I decided to shower in the master bath. The drain was plugged and would not slow drain after two days. Prior to this the drain had been installed wrong and had to be repositioned prior to tile being set. Something clogged the drain and it took a minimum of a half hour of very hard work spread out over a two hour period to plunge and unplug the drain which finally happened.

A low voltage addition that we paid for outside to run a TV has no active power to anything and no one knows why are where it should go because the electrical schematics are incorrect and incomplete. During construction we added a 220 volt 70 amp circuit for a hot tub outside of the master bedroom. The electrician put it on the opposite side of the house by the breakfast area. We added a TV connection in the master bedroom. It was installed but the electrician forgot to put in the plug for the TV. The garage has a tandem. There are two light cans; one for the main part of the garage and one for the tandem. The drywallers covered the can for the tandem and it took forever to get that corrected.

We ordered French doors for the master bedroom where there is a large window and an extra window on the wall where the bed goes. An exterior door is standard that we wanted replaced with a window. The framers forgot to frame for the French doors and put in the large window. They also framed the standard exterior door but did put in the extra window on the wall by the bed. Then on day two of taking possession of the home I came home to screeching sound like an alarm. It turned out to be the hot water recirculation pump.

The next thing was the irrigation system. Once the water was turned on and we tried to get the sprinklers to work, they had forgotten to put heads on the sprinklers and water shot up everywhere. Also when they laid the drip lines they had severed the line that goes under the driveway to a lone tree and again, water everywhere. While I was installing four lights in the hallway I discovered the first can was not attached to a stud. The next three were all different types. The floors in every room are not level by as much as a half inch in places so when you open a door it sticks on a high spot. Now as I write this, workers from Toll Bros are digging out around the irrigation feeder lines due to a subterranean broken pipe that has caused the ground around it to sink as well as the pavers do sink. I will say this however for Toll Bros. When you tell them there is a problem they are on it fast.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We bought a new Toll Brothers home in Parker, CO in 2013. Very big mistake! The quality of the construction was absolutely terrible. From the concrete in the driveway starting to flake as soon as the first snow, to the drywall texture looking as though it was done by children, to the electrical work constantly glitching and on and on. When we placed the order for our new home, the customer service was very good. As soon as we closed on our home, is when the customer service ended. We have called several times to Joel the manager and Carl the site manager to ask about getting some of our concerns addressed and after almost 4 years, I'm still waiting for a return call.

Buyer beware! I tell everyone I know to never consider a Toll Brothers home. Our Previous home was built by Engle homes at about 1/3 the price and that house was of far superior quality and the customer service was second to none. Toll Brothers has beautiful floor plans and a great sales department and that's how they sell homes. Don't be fooled! They build junk!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Very disappointed with the quality of the workmanship. We owed a built house prior to Toll Brothers, lived in it for 13 years with no issues whatsoever. We built our Toll Brothers home in 2013, assuming they would be much more superior quality for the price they were charging. We were completely wrong! Hardly 4.5 years living in this home, because of such a poor quality of products and contractors used, our cabinets paint started to peel off. Toll Brothers did an inspection of the home and came back telling us it's the cleaners we were using... Really!!! What a great excuse to cover up the faulty job done. I have never heard of paint peeling off the cabinets from cleaning! DO NOT BUY TOLL BROTHERS, NOT WORTH FOR THE MONEY SPENT! CHEAP QUALITY, RIP OFF!

Original review: March 28, 2018

We have decided to built a home with Toll brothers in Colleyville and biggest mistake we have made in our life’s. The whole process was a disaster with them, very poor quality, poor customer service, poor communications, and worse than all after you closed your home with them, they are done with you, they don’t care about anything else after that. I have cracks all over my house after a year, big movement in my house, I asked my builder Tyler to address the issues, after several follow ups he sent someone to fix the cracks, they didn’t finish the job properly. I have been asking Tyler the builder on Overlook subdivision to send out the guy to finish the job and he said he won’t do that anymore, it’s my responsibility to fix the cracks. Very unsatisfied and I will never build a home with Toll brothers. If you want a good customer service with a great quality they are not the one you should go with to build your dream home.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

We think it’s important to tell you our story and possibly leverage any assistance to make sure that no other family has to be subjected to any experience similar to ours. We were excited to build a new semi-custom home in Parker, CO and engaged working with Toll Brothers to make our dreams come true. Unfortunately, we have been encountering issues ranging from safety matters and subpar workmanship, to potential fraud. To say that the experience has been frustrating would put it mildly. The sheer number and the complexity of problems found in our home is astounding. We wanted to get an independent opinion. After hiring a private inspector, we were told that this is by far the worst case he’s seen with Toll Brothers.

Efforts to remedy the issues with the builder have been met with resistance. For example, after my children complained of headaches it was found that there was a gas leak in the attic. The Project Manager at Toll Brothers quaintly dismissed our concerns because it was just a “small gas leak.” The Vice President and the Project Manager of Toll Brothers not so dismissive when the inspector pointed out that a small gas leak caused a home to explode. Aside for other safety issues, we are faced with an endless list of items needing to be fixed. This includes front and back porches that needs to be replaced, a window well that needed to be replaced, siding and roofing repairs, electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, and the list goes on and on. The poor workmanship is beyond anything we would expect for a home in this price range.

Lastly, we paid for all interior walls to be insulated, after moving in we noted that it was hot and noise traveled. Toll Brothers agreed to install a through vent to help circulate air in the office. During the installation, it showed no insulation in the wall. After numerous attempts, Toll Brothers finally agreed to have their people come out and prove to us that they did insulate the walls as contractually stipulated. As you can expect, drilling into the walls showed that the walls were not insulated. Leading up to the testing, Toll Brothers asserted that their inspector distinctly recalled that the interior walls were insulated. If we took their attestations at face value, like most reasonable homeowners would probably do, we would be deprived of this benefit.

To date, Toll Brothers has not appropriately identified a solution. It really makes us wonder what controls are in place to ensure buyers are in fact getting the property they paid for. Sadly, researching Better Business Bureau has identified that we are not the only ones to experience very significant issues with this builder. It’s likely as a buyer you will not see much of any bad content via the internet as the builder works hard to have posting removed. For example we posted Buyer Beware postings on Facebook & LinkedIn only see them removed with a 24 hour time frame.

Toll Brothers Company Information