2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Toll Brothers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?

Original review: March 31, 2021

We are building with Toll Brothers in Belterra in Austin, Texas. It's been approximately 330 days since we signed our contract and our home isn't complete just yet. Based on our experience so far, I would not recommend them. Toll Brothers built the entry to our home 10" shorter and 10" narrower than planned (and than all other completed homes built to pursuant to our floor plan).

We discussed with the Project Manager and were told it was "not a problem" that the main entry dimensions had been materially diminished, that Toll Brothers is not obligated to build the home pursuant to the architectural drawings (meaning the architectural drawings for our individual home, not the renderings on the national website), and that no solution would be offered. The Project Manager went on to say that is was my fault that the entry dimensions had been diminished because I made a $16,700 exterior stone upgrade and that it wasn't Toll Brothers responsibility to disclose or advise that the dimensions of the entry would be materially reduced as a result of this expensive upgrade (at no point in the process did a Toll Brother employee say, if you make this expensive exterior stone upgrade, your home entry will be materially smaller). This is not the first issue in our build process. At this point, we aren't looking forward to living in the house.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Was in second position to Toll Brothers' newest community in one of the DFW community where price communicated to me for the lots varies from 12 - 25K (varies by lot) in the appointment. At the end of the appoint When I asked the sales person to send Exhibit D, price list and other community plan to move forward is increased by 5% when it was mailed back after 2 days of appointment.

Also I was honest enough to tell the Sales Rep that I'm also in the waiting list of other Toll Brothers community then she helped to get the final response and within24 hours of my appointment I confirmed back with the Sales Rep of the community that she is representing that I will continue with you to get the home and what are the next steps. Following this communication I got an email Next day (over 48 hours from meeting) with documents for community and New pricing which was 25 - 30K more than communicated to me. When I asked for price increase without any notice I have been told that price increase can happen at any time. on being asked does it change for existing customer with whom you already communicated the price I have been told that's the management decision. Now I have been told:

1. NOT even cannot take the deposit and it goes on a hold which means Not respecting the waiting list position, what a bad business practice from a reputed public trading builder.

2. Not respecting the Price communication.

It hard to believe from such a reputed builder whose intention is NOW to capitalize on the market situation and which is throwing some new prospective home owners away because of high prices. This will make the market worse not just for new buyers but increase in Inflation. Be aware Guys and want to inform you. I made a wrong decision to go with Toll brothers but if any of you have a choice please stay away from them. Good luck in your finding a new home. Thanks.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2021

We bought our home and had to make selections through the Toll Brothers Design Studio in Blue Bell, PA. The construction was delayed for weeks as the "designer" we were assigned could not produce a final cost sheet which was accurate. She recorded the wrong flooring choice, the wrong cabinet color, and different prices of many things than what she initially quoted. Each rendition of the cost sheet came back to us with increased prices and new mistakes that would have cost us thousands of dollars and incorrect selections if we didn't review it line by line. Rather than apologize, she maintained that the increased price each time was accurate, (for no specified reason) and she took her time correcting things which caused our builder weeks of delay in ordering our items and installing. Not at all a happy customer with the design studio which is actually just a pricing studio since no design assistance was given either.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

DO NOT purchase any property, house, condo or rent any Toll Brothers city living property- STAY AWAY at all costs!! If you read over their reviews you can clearly see common themes of fraud, shoddy construction, inferior customer service, and crooked behavior. They are NOT a luxury builder. They charge premium prices for their crap. They use inferior building materials, poor laborers, illegitimate construction companies, and employ completely incompetent engineers. They fail to deliver a luxury product and instead deliver trash that crumbles and deteriorates within a few years. They have consistent issues with concrete structures, improperly designed drainage systems, roofing issues, poor plumbing, mechanical issues, and many other construction defects.

Their buildings and houses are not fit to live in. They possess poor architecture, inappropriate design, and overall inferior construction quality. What Toll Brothers does is show consumers/buyers a lovely model home that is well decorated and staged with all the bells and whistles. But beneath the surface is nothing but defective construction that will erode very quickly and wind up costing you a lot of money to fix. STAY AWAY! They are doing this all over the United States under their City Living, homebuilding, and other subsidiaries. They do not deserve to be in business because they are nothing but liars, manipulators, fraudulent crooks and sinister thieves.

The entire corporate office is full of depraved and demented individuals. You have been warned. Again stay away and do your research on them. You will find that Toll Brothers misrepresents itself and its brand- they severely miss the mark on luxury. They are deplorable, disgusting, and a compete disappointment. Also, their warranty is a joke. They do not fix things properly and they lie their way out of their construction flaws and defects. I can not stress enough that this is the worse home builder out there- they have a superficial charm, but at their core they are a sinister corporation with no decency. They are doing bad business all over the United States and they know what they are doing to people. It is really sad that they are getting away with taking advantage of people and screwing people out of their money.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

What was to be our new Dream Home became our family's never ever Ending Nightmare at the hands of the Toll Brothers corporation. True Story, our family uncovered a "scalable amount of consumer fraud" within Toll Brothers corporation that spans many zip codes, and has gone on for many years. I would not put this information in a written forum if I could not prove the fraud. To that regard, any homeowner or victim can reach out to me directly if they would like to hear more about our family's evidence that will in fact help many other victims of Toll Brothers. Specifically your copy of Water Intrusion, Framing, Mechanical and other checklists they keep in the permanent file for each of your homes.

Furthermore each new construction build, Toll Brothers provides an order request to TSI (framing facility), conducts reviews of the Sales & Settlement Worksheets, Reviews of Production Flowcharts, Exception Report Reviews, Construction Duration Report Reviews, Quarterly Closing Status Report reviews for the periods or duration of the construction of the new home to include they review the Sales Flow Charts, Design Studio Flowcharts, Warranty Reports (Dashboard) Reviews, Permit Tracking Logs Reviews, Contract Status Reports Reviews, Construction & Warranty Repair Expenses Reviews, Build Pro Reports Reviews, Builder User Performance, Late Active Task Report Review, Template Overview Report Review, and the Customer survey after settlement review.

We feel really bad for all of the victims of Toll Brothers, and if you want some factual substance to bring to Toll Brothers, just mention my name, Sean **, Collegeville, PA-Kaitlin Dr or Lot#6, Preserves of Providence to their chief legal counsel and attorneys in Horsham, PA. I can assure you Toll Brothers will be delighted to see how far our family's nightmare has traveled.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

We signed purchase agreement on Aug 2020. And then we were told that Design Studio will contact us for options. But we waited for 3+ months to get a call. During this time, the frame was built, I went to take a look on a weekend (TB builders don’t work on weekend). This turned out a too big shock to me. They even used woodpeckers distorting studs ~ Come On! It might be just a small home for you. But it’s 730+K house and it’s everything for us!

I took pictures and sent to them with best intention for them to make replacement for those spots (Huge deficit frame)! However, they stay as elegant as possible and very much ignorant, and told me there will be a quality check, indicating that I was worried too early. When I was scheduled to go design studio to choose options, it was a total blow out. They told me those ones in model homes are not available to choose at this stage, I should have told them before I signed agreement! The thing bothers me the most was their arrogance and ignorance. They totally fail to give any care about our concerns and are very reluctant to make any efforts to seek for solution for us. We don’t see quality of materials, workmanship, neither work ethics.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

The model homes to choose from were all very beautiful. They had many details which sold us to build one. The reality was that the model homes were built with many features which are simply not available. They will build a basic structure, rather than anything even remotely like the model homes. Everything requires an upgrade which is typical, but there are no upgrades available to actually replicate any of the models which they show. Definitely not worth the cost and would not recommend unless you know in advance that your home will never look anything like the model, even if you actually upgrade everything.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I own a 15 year old Toll Brothers townhouse, I bought it 8 years ago. When inspected in the attic the roof rafters were cracked, I paid to have this fixed out of my own pocket. We just had a board meeting. we now need new roofs on 16 year old townhouses, the price each home owner is almost 12,000.00. No one will contact Toll brothers to find out what brand and warranty of the roof. We also have had problems with Harplank siding. All doors in the house are out of alignment, all Andersen Windows are so tight when you push them up they never come down but the rope ends up hanging over your windows so now you need to cut the rope, and you can never open the window again.

A nail in the bathroom molding over the years has now developed on the inner part of the door making a hole in a fake door. All outlets are either painted into the sockets or not even screwed in so when you plug into the outlet and then pull the plug the entire receptacle comes out of the housing. We just this past summer found out the backyard spigot was capped in the wall since built another $250 to hire a plumber and a new hole in a finished basement wall. The list just goes on and on squeaky hardwood floors built on top of a silent floor and steel beam construction. Buyer beware, I have always wanted a toll brothers home. I am extremely disappointed!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Our experience working with Toll Brothers in the Hasentree Wake Forest NC community was phenomenal. We built a new home with them that took about 8 months and visited the home almost every weekend during the build process, as well as communicated with the team regularly throughout. At first due to some bad reviews we read online about Toll Brothers in general, before choosing TB to build with...we were initially always on guard and extremely worried something would go very wrong. But this team was different and exceeded our expectations to say the least. They were very professional, considerate, personable, responsive and flexible where it mattered most; from the design center with Heather **, to the sales office with Justin ** [our project manager], Jeff ** and Alan ** [our sales managers] and Michael ** [our construction manager].

To be frank it was not all smooth sailing from start to finish because working with them for so many months with some changes in their team and a few missed communications here and there, then dealing with the coronavirus pandemic took its toll on all of us...but this team persevered and was able to help fill the small gaps and build on and strengthen our overall experience.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

When we purchased this house, it was owned by Sharp and eventually bought by Toll Brothers. As the part of the process all the employees have transferred to Toll Brothers. There is one very unpopular employee manages this property who's name is James C. He is very customer unfriends, demeaning, tries to brush problems off talks down to you. I would also doubt he has some relationship with the landscape company who does a worst job in that neighborhood yet still get hired. Most of the residents in this neighborhood is very displeasure with lawn work and most of us fixed ourself. And we fix most of the small defects (some were major).

What makes me write this review is the vengeance nature of the person who take opportunity to all police and state inspector to bully the residents. However we are not affected, but not have any kind of respect to the residents who brought these property with hefty price than market is very disgraceful. I hope and wish Toll Brother's management to do better than this, otherwise our bad reviews will be all over the internet. I would never recommend them to friends or family (or even my worst enemy). They getting ready for Brookmeade neighborhood who will be managed by same person, for anyone buying a property please be cautioned. DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME FROM THERE.

Toll Brothers Company Information