Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Toll Brothers Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Do not buy with them. They will take your money if your plans change. I lost my money in a house with Toll Brothers (White Spring in Collegeville). I lost close to $50000. Please share. They did not give the chance to use the money for other property with them. They will do everything to take your money if your plans change and you cannot close on the house. Be careful.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

60 faults in home. Bricks out of plumb. Incorrect framing (Not level or square). Delays in getting anything completed. We've lived in a construction site trying to get corrections now for 6 months. DON'T PAY the extra money for their product- our supervisor told us pointedly- "We use the same contractors as the 200k houses down the street".

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Toll Brothers calls itself "America's Luxury Home Builder." Highly misleading and quite the contrary. They are the worst builder ever. I am a resident in the Robertson Ranch Community. We purchased a home in The Vistas, specifically the Las Brisas model. We have had a lot of “Settlement Issues” due to Expansive soil. There have been over 50 service visits with Toll Brothers trying to repair our home and the cracks keep coming back. We are now in a Lawsuit for Construction Defect. There are 4 other Las Brisas models on our street and they all have similar problems with stucco cracking, ceilings cracking, windows and doors not closing.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR: Stained drywall at window sills and ceilings, Fractures or cracks along private streets, common area slabs or pavers, Frequent and excessive cracks at drywall (interior) or stucco (exterior), Leaks or staining at or around common area planters, Staining or discoloration below decks and at entry landings, Excessive cracking at tile flooring, garage slabs or patio areas, Staining or dampness at underground parking garage, Cracking or step cracking at perimeter block wall, Any landscaping cracking, pool cracking, concrete raising/lifting up. Your home is your greatest investment. It is not “normal settlement” that Toll Brothers would like you to believe. The are so unprofessional and talk about your 10 year warranty and it is a joke. Don't waste time working with them, just get yourself a Construction Defect Litigation Attorney.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We live in a Toll Brothers home which is a year old. We had plumbing issues. We noticed there was a small leak right next to our sidewalk. They couldn't figure out where the regulator valve was at first so they dug up and uprooted my shrubs. Then they figured out that they forgot to put a regulator valve to navigate the pressure. They came in and put a valve in but the entire process took over a month.

Then the second leak came about soon after, right in the same spot. After digging it and cutting off our sprinkler line, they notified me that it's not under warranty anymore. So I got my own plumber only to find out that pipe came apart as the ground started settling in some. Also, the Fireplace used is a B-vent Fireplace which makes hollow whistle sound whenever it is little windy outside. I am just very disappointed in the quality of things around the house.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We had several issues with the sales and construction manager at the very beginning of the process and I provided negative online feedback to the company, which caused the president of the company call me to get the details. At that time we agreed to continue to construction and it was promised to build per design and signed documents. During the entire ~7 months of construction process, we had several major construction related issues, we brought all to their attention but continuously ignored and I noticed all three individuals (Sales, Construction manager, Project Manager) were all dishonest.

To make it short, we closed on September 19, 2019 and still have not been able to move due to major issues with kitchen cabinets, countertops, tiles and shower walls. During the pre-closing, we put blue tape on areas needing to be fixed and I was promised they would be taken care of before the closing. We went back to inspect the day of the closing and found all tapes were removed but work was not done. The project manager promised to get all fixed by the end of the day and asked to close, we closed and went back to inspect but found all issue still outstanding.

Overall, the house is not built per design and spec. Cabinets are severely damaged, countertops are damaged, some damaged tiles were replaced but they are not leveled and have 2 different colors of grout, the master bathroom floor tiles are all stained and the builder's cleaning crew were not able to remove stain from tiles, the master bathroom floor tile's grout have 2 different colors, the shower tiles are heavily stained and couldn't be cleaned by their cleaning crew, A large portion of ceiling and walls were bumpy and could be seen from distance. These are the major issues I've described above, there are several other issues that have not been taken care of.

I did not want to post my reviews but, during a walk through with Construction Supervisor today, I was so frustrated to see all new tapes being removed without work being done and he continuously gave me lame excuses for stained tiles, damaged cabinets and countertops. The president of the company called me last week and scheduled to meet next week at the property to review these issues. If issues are not resolved soon then I will start to post photos of their poor quality work and some of the emails.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toll Brothers?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We live behind a Toll Brothers Development. They have work trailers right behind our home. We are trying to get our place sold but NO ONE wants to live next to this mess. I have asked them to move them. But NO...they just wont. They have a HUGE area with no one behind but yet they continue to leave the trailer storage next to our place. Plus the AC runs all day and night and the employees start showing up at 5 a.m. and runs their trucks over the gravel driveway waking us. They have ZERO respect for anyone in the community. If it affected their pay check I bet they would get it handled. So Sad you are my neighbors.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I purchased my Toll Brothers built townhome in Hanover MD in 2011. In the 7 years in my home I have had multiple issues for which Toll accepts no responsibility. Poor quality concrete used for driveway and stairs, poorly graded property as we (neighbors and I) have flooding in our yards as well as sinkholes... even at the front stairs to the front door. My skylight is not properly mounted. I called the warranty office, they came out and said it was not a warranty issue; mind you this was in the 2nd year. My upstairs AC unit wiring was just twisted together, it arc and started small fire. Glad I was home.

The trim around my walls is compressed paper, not the high quality material (wood) I thought I was paying for. The electrical is substandard as I if we turn on a light, the TV blinks due to surge. Windows were not properly installed but of course, none of this is Toll's responsibility. Oh but they did come back in the community to replace the outside trim due to rotting of the wood on several homes. This was caused due to the wrong product being used. However Toll will not accept responsibility to replace the rotting trim around sliding glass or French doors on the homes. (7 years!!!) Oh and let's not forget about the use of tape to connect the underground drainage lines together and the fact they taped lines from my house to neighbors on either side.

We chose a Toll home based on the (now known) fabricated reputation of this company. Toll Brothers are little more than scam artist. It is like the proverbial bait and switch. Look for another builder who will offer a real warranty and stand behind the workmanship they advertise as the best in the nation... which Toll Brothers clearly is not. Once they have your money, all bets are off. If I could get my money back from them they could have this house back and I would never buy or recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Zero stars! We expected better when we purchased a home with Toll Brothers. Poor follow up on warranty items and communications is poor. Report problems through warranty site and they close them with no reason. Staining of stairs was horrible. Still trying to agree on a good solution. They keep sending the same crew back multiple times that have not provided quality workmanship.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

BUYER BEWARE!! Had a deposit on a lot in this community after spending hours driving across the metro area looking at models, riding the unorganized path of the “lot wait list” and lost paperwork. This community is very poorly run! My paperwork was lost weeks ago that would have put me in line for a lot... I was eventually told that they would make right and place us on the list where we should have been all along (them thinking they were doing me a favor)... All to be brought in for several hours to do a pricing meeting, fed lies and then have them tell us they didn’t want to work with us after we left a deposit and was contacted by TBI mortgage. BEWARE they will give you the breakdown of earnest money in percentages, agree to things in the pricing meeting and then pull the rug out within days and change it all. Read into Consumer Affairs for hundreds of other documented issues like this!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Wow, where to start. Let's just make it short and list all the things I liked about them:

1. Nothing.

If you are looking to buy a new home, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. We have purchased five tract homes in our 15 years in Arizona and Toll Brothers is, by far, the worst. The design is very good but that was all that was good. Sloppy workmanship, delivered dirty and a customer attitude of buyer beware. We still, after 5 years, do not have an AC system that works and this is just one of many problems.

Toll Brothers Company Information