1.35/5
Based on 153 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

160 K Hovnanian Builders Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 24, 2018

We were very naive and thought most people were honorable but not this company. When we first moved in, we had water surrounding our house when we had rain. We called them and they tried to blame us for it. We eventually after a year had them come back and put in the French drains that should have been installed originally. The painter’s tape and painting hung off the wall from upstairs to downstairs. Now we have a wall that is totally molded in our pantry from a leak upstairs. They installed shower units with no caulking. We can’t even get them to talk to us about it. The way they operate is to send someone out and they say, we will get back to you but they don’t. They won’t answer calls, texts, etc. Driveway cracked within first six months with water bubbling through the cracks, door knobs fell off. If you want quality work, do not use these builders. They certainly do not stand behind their work.

Updated on 08/12/2018: We had several repairmen in and they thought it was the caulking from the upstairs shower. Well, we had the wall removed this week and found that the real cause of the leak was on installation of shelves in pantry, they drilled right into the PVC pipe in wall. There are at least four or more holes in the pipe. Will the representative answer my calls, no, and he conveniently leaves his mailbox full.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I should have kept researching for a better location. I have issues with the landscaping which yet has to get fixed. Property Keepers are currently running the "show" inside the development. Poor. company, I have talked, plead with Mr. ** about the neighbor who has moved into a quiet neighborhood. She and her many guests have been loud, intrusive and nasty towards the neighbors. There are about 5-10 cars nightly steady stream in and out parking wherever the car lands. I was promised when I bought in here, a "gated community" for our protection and the gates have yet to be running.

I cannot walk outside in fear due to all the visitors of unknown. The garage door is always opened, smoking, drinking, doors slamming, empty bottles breaking inside the recycle bin. I have called the police several times because they block my driveway. "No HOA enforces the rules" so the police cannot enforce where they park. I was promised many things which I have yet to met by K Hovnanian Builders/Property Keepers.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

First and foremost, we didn't research online to check for the reviews on this builder. My wife, on a whim, stopped by to see their model homes and it went forward from there. They have a very good pitch being a dad and son, small company, top 3 builder in the country, etc., and were very convincing. By the time we got to the 'design studio', we learned that we’re given misinformation by their salesperson. She identified things that were 'standard' that we later learned were upgrades-pricey upgrades, and their standard tile, counters, and other standard features were cheap and undesirable. I was so upset that I wanted to walk out. K Hov ended up increasing our money going toward upgrades to compensate for the misinformation.

The loan process was great, which is why I'm giving it 2 stars! It was fast, efficient and they helped raise my score almost 40 points in 3 months! Amazing work! However, that was as good it got! Air conditioner: The building supervisor mislead us into believing we had an upgraded air zoning conditioner, that would've been 15K more than the standard ac that comes with our size of home, so that was very disappointing to learn AFTER we moved in that we had been lied to. Chas Roberts has replaced 3 thermometers, and discovered that one of the air ducts in the dining area was covered over, which may have been part of the reason some of the rooms were warmer than others by several degrees, and why they had to come out to our home several times.

Door: the Door and trim were painted the wrong color. It took them 3 coats of paint of different colors before they got the right color, and it bubbled. They had to replace the door. Locksmith/Door provider came out 3 times to address the same issues before they got it right. And this here is the reason why I'm writing a review today, 8 months into living in our home: We purchased a premium lot for an extra 4K, chose a 3 car garage, and were told we could not get an RV gate (even though we paid an extra 4K just for the lot), and was assured that the homes on both the east and west side of us were single story homes. Unfortunately, the salesperson was wrong.

The east side of our home has a 2 story being built! It is so close to our home it looks like the wall of this monster home is our shared block wall! I've contacted the Phoenix zoning department to check to see if they are in compliance. We had other issues but their service department was very responsive in getting stuff done. Bottom line, find another builder. This one has been the worst experience we've had...

Original review: June 8, 2018

We reported that roof directly over the front porch was having an issue 6 months after moving into our new house. The ceiling on the porch had about a two foot across patch of paint that had peeled off exposing the drywall. When we reported this we were told that this was damage from the recent hurricane but no other spot had damage. We felt there was an issue with the roof but the person from K Hov disagreed after looking at it. We were told we should just sparkle the area and repaint it and that would take care of the issue. We also had a handyman look it over and he was willing to do the spackling and painting for $300. He didn’t offer anything as to what the cause was. We took our time fixing this but it got done by us.

Now that we are starting to get rain again the same exact spot has had the same issue again. Of course this is after the timeframe for K Hov to do repairs for issues that are found. I’m afraid to find out what it will cost to have the roof repaired for something that K Hov should have fixed when I reported it. Instead they shifted the blame and now it’s too late. Don’t buy from these people if they won’t make the repairs for bad workmanship. They only do the cheap fixes but not when it will really cost them money.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My son is in the process of buying a home from them. They are racking the roofs and it is not recommend by the manufacturer. There is no law against it so they can get away with it. We sat in their office where they assured my son the roof would be done correctly. We pointed out one house has a number four on the roof. We drove through and brand new houses with shingles missing because of storms. They want out of the contract because they will not address the roof problem. Told if they do they will lose their down payment. It's not right that these companies can rip off the consumers. They just laugh all the way to the bank!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K Hovnanian Builders?

Original review: May 30, 2018

Why would anyone who calls themselves professional builders NOT put sound breaking drywall in semi detached homes? Not only did this cheap builder not put decent sound breaking drywall in the homes in Longacre in Dover De, they put the cheapest flooring that they could in the homes. They apparently lied to the realtor about the drywall. I would NEVER recommend nor will I ever buy another home that is built by them! A bunch of rip off crooks!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Don't know where to begin. Built a home with another builder years ago (Ryan Homes). They had bad reviews online but a friend convinced me otherwise. Was the best experience. So when we were looking to upsize I ignored the reviews for K Hov online again thinking… again... could just be crabby people or isolated incidents. That was the biggest mistake I have ever made. From start to finish it has been awful. The salesperson sold me a home saying it would be done in August. She made me sign a piece of paper saying there could be construction delays due to weather, scheduling, that the date could be pushed "just a bit". Within a few weeks of signing I am told my date was moved to October. So when I asked what construction delay happened they provided me with a schedule that very clearly showed August was never feasible from the start.

This is huge inconvenience when trying to time selling/building a home. Also, when showing me the plot layout was showed two numbers she said indicated the distance from the edge of my house to the property line. Based on the numbers she said I believed I would have almost 30 feet from my neighbor. After houses went up... turns out she was pointing at the wrong numbers and I was only 10 ft from the neighbor. Never would have bought a house so on top of a neighbor. I imagine few people would. Apparently this was my fault for not knowing how to read a topo and believing they did. The difficulties got worse from there. Throughout the build our house was rarely worked on because they were busy on other houses on the street.

Turns out they were rushing to get those done early to use them as models before their homeowners moved in... yes people bought brand new houses with new carpet, etc that they finished months early and the sales reps trapesed potential buyers thru them... thru rain, sleet, snow, etc onto their new carpet. Once someone caught on that their house was being used they said "oh yeah we will compensate you" and gave them a small gift card. No other homeowners that homes were used were compensated... only the one that caught them in the act. Since our home couldn't be used as a model because it wasn't offered in the next phase they weren't working on it... until I complained and it was the very end. The project manager told me not to drive by the house... seriously.

They slapped everything together in the last few weeks... horrible mudding job... one coat of paint that looked awful, holes in walls, missing items all documented at our "gold star" walk thru. We also had scratches in our cabinet doors that they tried to pass by us with use of a sharpie. During walk thru noticed gap in ductwork next to furnace. Construction manager said he would fix - his fix consisted of tape over it to hide it. Asked city inspector to review it for safety... he red tagged it and forced them to fix it right. Since they never had power to the home until a day before our walk thru... none of the tests of the home's utilities had been done. It took 4 attempts after receiving our keys to get the HVAC working. No hot water in the shower. We have a driveway that within just a few months is cracking and flaking apart (we used the sealer they told us to).

We will need to replace the whole driveway within a few years and K Hov says... “Well it's in the fine print. We don't cover driveways and even if we did..” We reminded them this driveway was just put in... we hear that cracks and flakes are industry standard. We having stairs that creek, floors that crackle under our feet because they weren't properly installed. Paint still looks awful... they do one coat of flat paint. Be warned they like to do walkthrus late in the day so the sun isn't coming thru the windows... that way it won't be hitting the walls and you won't see where they didn't sand the mud. We have heard neighbor horror stories of water leaks... four attempts to fix and they still can't find them.

We watched them working on other homes with horrific safety concerns ... extension cords across the street, moving large propane tanks down the street unsecured on a bobcat (I have pictures... yes they moved large propane tanks on a small bobcat without so much as a tie strap). After we moved in they continued to us the "temporary" electric box tied to my address to work on surrounding homes (this is where the extension cords come in). The electric company was charging me!! They didn't believe me it was happening... I ended up flagging down an electric company worker in one of their trucks and asking them to come down to my house to verify this was happening and call it in!!

Contractors smoking in the homes while working, others peeing on the side of houses instead of walking down the street a few doors to the porta john. (when the sales office got the proof of pictures this was happening, they said, “Thank you,” and rest assured that contractor will be fined!! So K Hov uses subpar contractors, our houses get peed on and K Hov gladly got a credit from the contractor). I could go on for days all the things we had to go thru and continue to go thru. It was the most stressful experience to build and to continue to go thru. I'm barely 6 months in and am exhausted. Every last item is a fight and we are still finding issues.

Original review: May 15, 2018

In August of 2017, my basement flooded with 2” of stormwater from the sump pump. I checked the pump and outlet and both were still working correctly. I called the homebuilder as the house was only 3 yrs old at the time. After calling them, my friend who is a contractor came out and helped inspect the issue to find out there was not one drop of water making it to the main catch basin at the end of my driveway. Found out that there was a crack/clog in the storm line in the driveway. After going back and forth with the home builder, and 2-3 months without the ability of using my driveway due to concrete missing, concrete slabs left in the middle of my driveway, and for the contractors to finally pour the concrete (the same week that temps went down to the low 20’s). I had to put caution tape up every single time but once.

They’ve wrecked some of my Halloween decorations, and put chips and cracks in my driveway. They put caution tape up once and after doing more work, removed the tape and left it for my snowblower to eat. I'm having them reimburse me for the material to fix the flower bed that they dumped 1.5 yards of soil on to and smashed my plants and everything inside which took me forever to just get the written letter approving and I’m now at the point of fixing the yard that they demolished.

The concrete is stained from the wet concrete that was cut and not cleaned, concrete that is cracked as they called it a curing crack (the concrete was never covered with anything during the cold weather after the pour like it should have been), and a 1” x 12” section of concrete that’s coming up between the basin cap and a stress relief crack... they said it was a courtesy and that none of it’s covered in the warranty as they don’t warranty driveway/exterior concrete even tho it was work that they had done. I really wished I looked up this builder before buying this house! You buy a new house so you don’t have to worry and they don’t give 2 ** after they get your signature and money!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Horrible experience with new home, slanted floors to the point that dresser drawers open on their own, I have to wedge pieces of paper and coins under furniture to level so drawers don't open. Outdoor hinges all rusted in 3 months, builder used indoor hinges on exterior. Air conditioning unit stopped working due to building materials clogging drainage pipe, nearly flooded first floor. Gas leak first week we moved in. Would not recommend this builder to any new home buyers.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Poor experience with finance dept and the actual home is a disaster. I just purchased a brand new home. During the walkthrough period a number of items were found but not all corrected prior to moving in. After moving in I noticed that all the appliances were scratched in every room and very poor quality appliances, wood, faucets and paint were used. The company is saying they will fix my issues. I am giving them 1 week to hand me a schedule of when the issues will be resolved. If they do not Honor their commitment I will sue and move in a heartbeat and inform potential buyers never to look at a Hovnanian home.

Additionally, some of the staff members lie about what truly comes with the home. I don’t want other potential buyers getting sucked into a train wreck of an experience. Buying a home is supposed to feel good and be an enjoyable process. This has been anything but and I have owned many homes in my day. This process has made me sick and I’m scared that I cannot trust the supervisors and VPs of this organization to honor their word. I hope I am wrong. To be continued.

Resolution response: July 9, 2018

KHovnanian, has worked with me, clarified information and resolved the issues to my satisfaction.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Columbia Park townhomes high priced mixed with low income homes. Sales tactics are more like an used car dealership, fail to disclose key aspects of the neighborhood that will potentially affect future value for owners. Place is a rip-off for the type of homes that will be included for low income people, which they hide both in their sales pitch and their website. Even elevations on model homes and renderings miss to disclose affordable housing units mixed with high price homes. Beware of the “FD’ (future development) as these are not your advertised models. Laughable sales pitch like ‘these affordable housing units are for hand picked individuals like Doctors for example’. Are you freaking kidding me? Once you find the true facts and try to get your deposit back they show you what they are in reality. A con operation.

Original review: April 14, 2018

If you like cooking do not buy these homes. The design or the AC take all the cooking smell to the upper floors, the recommendation is to cook with window open! The hood provided is so small that it works only for the back burners and it is not strong enough, there is no extractor in the kitchen ceiling. In Houston for more than 8 months we are over 85F-110F and to cook with window open is not pleasant at all.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Insidious Racial Discrimination. I attempted to buy a brand new K Hovnanian Virginia property. However, my mortgage lender was blocked at every turn when they refused to send him requested documents. This happened repeatedly, with no follow through from K Hovnanian. Instead of outright admitting they were being uncooperative because they didn't want to sell to a ** person, they just gaslighted and frustrated me and my mortgage lender until we looked elsewhere. Oldest trick in the book, according to my lender. My mortgage lender said he'd never experienced so much insidious purchase sabotage in his entire career until working with K Hovnanian. Screw them. A complaint has been filed with HUD.

Original review: March 31, 2018

They made the process for me very easy and stress free. I would recommend this builder to anyone who is looking for a simple home purchasing process. I love my home! It's a beautiful three bedroom, three and half baths, and so far I have no complaints.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We were sold a specific lot in the "Estates" in the Blackstone community in El Dorado Hills, CA. At the time of purchasing the lot, we were told only ONE model could be built on this lot, the Cornerstone. We continued with the contract, thinking we were purchasing this home... Spent HOURS picking out finishes, having appointments and signing contracts.

We get a call 3.5 months later, after the house should have started being built, explaining that the house we "chose" will not fit on the lot they sold us. They blamed the developer for mismarking the lot and claimed that they had no idea until the county came out and inspected. The entire situation was totally crazy and very unbelievable. They in turn attempted to sell us a BIGGER more expensive model in lieu of the home they originally insisted would fit. Needless to say, they either knew there would be a problem and hoped they could skate it by the county or they are totally incompetent and unprofessional. Either way, we chose not to work with them any further and demanded our deposit back. We are still waiting for our money.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We purchased our new home from K. Hovnanian. We were very happy with the options, and thought we made a good deal. We found that they were very inflexible and when asked for a change 3 months before closing, we were told a flat "No". What we asked to be changed was to have the carpet in our main room changed to hardwood to match the rest of the downstairs. We have somehow overlooked this in our 6+ hour design meeting. They simply said no, without a real explanation.

We had our realtor reach out to them, but were given little feedback from our Sales Agent and her manager. Finally after 4 emails, several voicemails, we were told that changes were not possible because of policy. We offered to eat the cost of the carpet, but were told no and we would have to do it ourselves after market. We realized that that was not acceptable because we would have to rip up the walkway transition put in place which would add a tremendous amount of cost. We understand deadlines, etc. but when sitting through a 6 hour design meeting, we made so many decisions that we couldn't even remember our names at the end.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I bought a brand new home a year ago, at 10 months I found several issues that needs attention. That was normal when you buy brand new home and acceptable. I had a hard time just to report these issues and have someone come and take care of it. It is a battle to have someone answer the phone that they provided for their warranty, and if you are lucky and Ms. ** answers the phone or call you back in three weeks, she will ask you to write an email with your request. The problem not yet the problem. Once they send someone to your house (superintendent) to check and see what is the problem the time for your warranty have had expired. I tried to explain to them that I have been trying to get someone to my house for the last two months. Tough luck.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I was going to buy a K Hovnanian® Home in Arnold Ridge, once I talked to the neighbors that had watched the place go up I decided not to. The one man was a retired carpenter and said he had never seen so much cheap chipboard in his life. Not to mention he saw carpentry that would come back and haunt the homes with water damage. He pointed out problems from the roof to the windows, I figured he was just angry because they were shoving them right up to his property line. He said "No, I knew that land would be sold eventually and their is nothing I can do". Talking to the subs was impossible it was a real Tower of Babel.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I recently bought a Khov home and let me tell you, it’s a NIGHTMARE. When I told Chuck ** about things he would reply (They will take care of them). When I called about my 1 year inspection Terry said most of the complaints were within their allowances. Every wall in my house is bowed and every floor squeaks. In summer and winter. They will tell you it’s because of winter dry air. My carpet was cut too short and now I have to replace it. My house is a year and a half old. I have so many compliments that it would be easier for you to call me. **. I strongly recommend not making the same mistake. From what I have seen. Shuster Homes is a better choice.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Was flat out lied to about sales contract conditions by Sales Associate. Second Sales Associate was rude, offensive, and non-professional. The Sales Manager was no help and did not see a problem. He offered no solution! After reading many of the reviews here, I can understand why this company has such low scores. It was a mistake on my part to even inquire about the homes offered by this company. Poor customer service seems to be a common core issue with K Hovnanian Builders. Like others have said, run as fast as you can away from these folks!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

First most important RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN from this builder. We close more than a year ago and I can say it's a full time job to try to get that house look as close as possible like a new house. Problem with this 1Million+ dollars house: Electrical that has finally been fix after sending an electrician 3 times to fix it, drywall that's not straight all over the house they fixed some, damage cabinet all over the house, messy caulking everywhere due to walls that are not straight, rusted outside hardware, dented kitchen hood that they don't want to replace, missing a part of the outside wall and the list goes on. They cut corner on everything and we as homeowner are living the consequences. My opinion worst builder out there, do not buy from them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This company is so concerned about their reviews prior to closing. But after is the real issue. There were many issues related to sloppy work, but those were addressed even though if care was taken by oversight, my time to take off work would not have been necessary. At issue 2 1/2 years later is the roof installation that leaked during the heavy rain we had during Harvey...no there was no roof damage causing it. The shingles were just fine. When the roofer came...who was recommended by someone from the builder...he said the shingles were not installed properly. They were nailed too close to the seams. The shingles were laid in the wrong direction due to the presence of dormers on either side. The pictures look like they are a sandwich laid on top of each other. They didn't leak until the rain was heavy enough to cause the leak.

When I told the builder, the roofer suddenly could not to do the job. So I had to get someone else to do it who said the same thing about the installation of shingles. Now after sending a certified letter to the builder with pictures of the improperly laid shingles, and asking for reimbursement, they have ignored it for over a month and won't respond. More importantly, other people on the block have had the same issue with 2 getting new partial or complete roofs re-installed due to Corey Roofing's poor job, but during the warranty period. Others have had leaks around pipes or similar to mine, been told their leaks were due to poor installation. It is very sad.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

If I could give a separate review for sales it would be 5 stars. Christine ** in sales did an incredible job from the day we viewed the models until after we closed escrow. She kept us informed constantly of the buying/building process/progress of our home. Now for the negative. Things that were supposed to be fixed before our 2nd walkthrough were not. We were threatened by Mark ** that we would not close escrow on time if we didn't sign off. So we did. The next day when we closed escrow things were still not done. After a couple of days they were done.

We have been in our home 3 months and it has been a nightmare trying to get items repaired. There is one person (above mentioned) who is in charge of all repair requests and walkthroughs, so you are screwed trying to get things done. He does not communicate well as to when things will be done. There is no one else to talk to. Everyone is closed mouth about who his boss. I don't know who he knew to get his job, but it must be somebody he personally knew. His lack of consideration and communication is huge. I mentioned this in my survey I completed for the builder and nothing has changed, big surprise!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We just bought this new house from K Hovnanian Builders and only 7 month later I have several problems. This company claims they have the best warranty in the business however I would like to differ with that. The first few items that I have complained about I got nothing but lip service and all the blame is put on the contractor that installed it. I am very disappointed with the people that are with organization and who they represent. I am a very easy person to get along with but what came out of their mouth I felt embarrassed for them. I will never promote or refer anyone to this builder.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I was pre-approved for a home in Windermere, Florida. This company later changed the conditions by sending me a conditional approval. I immediately voiced my concerns about meeting all of their conditions prior to closing but was told not to worry about it because there were several things that they could do to as the closing date approached to get the deal done. Instead a week before closing, they sent me a letter stating that I didn't meet the conditions and asked if I would sign a form forfeiting my deposit. I now have no home, my two small children have to change schools, and our savings has been stolen by K Hovnanian. Do not trust this company. I spoke to other builders and they said that they would never treat a home buyer like this, let alone a veteran. We are devastated.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Spoke with Rob from K. Hovnanian. He stated he did not care if our neighborhood was getting burglarized and armed robberies were occurring. K. Hovnanian will not close the gates at the entrance because they are more concerned with revenue from unsold builder inventory homes than their residents. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Your family, pets, and belongings may all be stolen or harmed by armed robbers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

TRACK HOME QUALITY AT A CUSTOM HOME PRICE! This is our second home here in Texas and even though the issues are small mostly paint and texture issues it's an act of God to get anyone out here the handle issues and do it right the FIRST TIME. I'm also a contractor and will never buy a home from this company again. You have 1 year from the move in date of your home to take care of building issues ext, they keep blowing you off until you lose it and take your issues to anyone that will listen. Buyer beware of K Hovnanian homes. There are a ton of better builders out there that actually appreciate your business.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

K Hovnanian Builders are terrible!!! Once they have your money you are on your own. If you ever consider buying from this company you're crazy, and if you're crazy bring with you to your appointments an electrical contractor and a plumber as well as your own construction person because if something goes wrong in the ordering conversations you will lose. You have to be an expert in all fields to buy from K-Hov. You ask for something to be put in your home, you pay a handsome price and are told that it will work, then you find out it will not work and K Hovnanian Builders swears that their people say it will. Case in point: we had a medical spa put in our backyard, we were charged $510.00 for a dedicated outlet for the spa that the sales person and sub-division supervisor told us would work, we questioned them several times on this and they reassured us it was OK.

When our electrical people came to hook up the Spa they would not do it because Spas need copper wiring and K Hovnanian wires their homes with Aluminum wiring. We spoke with 4 independent electrical contractors and they all said it needed to be copper wiring. So we were not only out $510 but had to put out another $1500 to correct the situation. K-Hov basically said "Too bad our way would work." Not so, would void the warranty on the Spa which we paid over $12,000. We also asked for a dedicated microwave outlet to be put in our pantry because the microwave over the stove we were going to take down to install a hood. They did not install the dedicated line as we asked and if we use the microwave, coffee maker and toaster at the same time the circuit breaker will blow. They insist that they put in what we asked for and they did not!

This builder should be looked at very closely, and the FHA should get after them for false statements etc. This was supposed to be our last home in retirement and if I could afford to buy another home right now, I would put this on the market and get out! K-Hovnanian Builders makes a bad rap for other builders that care about their customers. This new home experience has been a nightmare and continues to be that. Beware of who you deal with!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We bought our new home 2 years ago and noticed the upstairs bedroom door is stuck and can't open or close without pulling hard. We noticed a very large crack going all the way up stair step to the bedroom with the door sticking. We have called the warranty to get this looked at and they came out and took measurements that indicated it is heaving and then told us that it's our problem to fix and we would be seeing many more cracks due to settlement so basically they refused to help with any repairs and said it's our problem.

We are very dissatisfied with our dream home now and don't know what to do at this point! This house would never sale with this going on and we don't know what to do now. Our insurance adjuster said the reason the house is doing this may be due to a busted water pipe underneath the house but there again it's our problem to hire a Plumber to get a test for this, wish we knew what to do now but we don't at this point so I'd say beware of K Hovnanian homes now.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Well, for one there is a little paper that Khov gives to every home owner and puts it in your cabinets, and it states "we're dedicated to your satisfaction". There is also a check mark that's checked definitely yes☑️! That is completely false advertising! Khov has told me no more times than not. I do have to disclose that they did fix the cracked master bedroom ceiling, I think? To me, they just covered up the problem and inconvenienced my husband and I out of our bedroom for 8 days! We just so happened to have an extra queen bed on hand. Never once did they offer to put us up in accommodations. And my baseboards are not the correct height that we thought we were getting. I could go on and on... I just wished I had read these reviews before we bought. Lesson learned. If we ever move we will definitely NOT buy another Khov home!

Not sure about K Hovnanian Builders?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Home Builders and Developers for you.

K Hovnanian Builders Company Information

www.khov.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business