1.3/5 (213 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About K Hovnanian Builders

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

K Hovnanian Builders Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about K Hovnanian Builders?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about K Hovnanian Builders?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

While my husband and I shopped for the home of our dreams, during a pandemic-one no one saw coming, we stumbled upon K. Hovnanian homes. We came, we saw, we liked.... we ended up in the house we weren't in love with. A huge mix up happened, which a lot was discussed that day however, once it came time to sign the contracts, not one detail was gone over again-to be sure this was the house we wanted. We had a design meeting, again nothing gone over. We met with the contractor-who brought the wrong lot and details.

For a first time home buyer-this was not what we had in mind. It's safe to say we will not buy NEW again. It's been a headache getting things fixed that shouldn't needed attention a day after moving in. Walls were scuffed, flooring coming up, windows scratched, a torn screen door, unfinished cabinets, a month after living here-a cabinet door fell off, chipped backsplash-which we are still waiting to have fixed. Hindsight, we read some reviews for homes bought back east, but had we found more open and honest reviews for Fresno, CA we would not have built with K. Hov. The sales agent was great, friendly, and SO kind when we discovered it wasn't the house we loved, but they tried to make it up to us as much as possible, but it was like a very bad breakup. Do your research, have them explain EVERY detail so you can avoid a fiasco like ours. Happy hunting!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

We bought a house. Been over a year.. They only beautify the property but once you start living you realize they use only poor quality of material. Wall joints already have serious cracks.. Whatever supposed to be covered under warranty they didn't fix. Kept playing blame game between their contractors. The lead supervisor gave wrong info and after realized he was wrong he blamed owners for misunderstanding.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I purchased a home from them about 3 years ago that was a new build. Their sales people did a good job convincing me and making me trust their company. Then I bought the home and I have been regretting my decision ever since. During the three years time those in my community found several defects, including community features, and in individual homes. I wish people would take responsibility for their work. K Hov contracted out different companies to do some parts of their work such as installing heating and ac units, and when it wasn’t installed correctly they didn’t take responsibility for it and made me contact the installing company and pay for assessment.

The installing company, Chaz Roberts (I will never use this company either) also denied it being their fault saying “It must have been other people like the drywall people the builder hired that did this or you or someone here did it - so it’s not our fault”. When I went back to the builder to report this, the manager said to me “It’s like buying a car from a dealership - once you buy it and you damage it on your way out, it’s not the dealer’s fault”. I went back and forth between them and ended up giving up and hiring a different company who also was surprised that khov or Chaz Roberts the installing company did not cover this work as the company I hired felt it was also an installation issue. (I got opinions from two different companies). I will NEVER do business with them again - buying from them is one of the biggest regrets I have.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

So, my husband and I purchased a new home with KHOV in Boca Raton FL (The Enclave at Boca Dunes) in August of 2020. The sales process was great and gave us confidence in the builder. There were some minor issues pre-closing but we felt satisfied with the modifications made by the builder. Within a week of building, we noticed that one of the rooms (the home office) was more than 10 degrees Fahrenheit hotter than the rest of the house. We have complained to management about the AC and they refuse to fix it.

We also found out that the first few Callistas (The Callista is an end unit townhome with a loft and a home office and 2475 square feet) KHOV installed the correct capacity AC units. However, by the time they got to our building and the building before ours, they decided to install a lesser capacity AC unit to save money. Unfortunately, we are one of the units where a lower capacity unit was installed. It's been almost 3 months since we registered our issue with the AC and KHov keeps running the clock hoping our warranty will be up while I work in a home office that is completely hot. Be careful of KHov. They are dishonest.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

As a military veteran coming home from overseas I took a few months to buy. So I could look around and find the perfect house, I wish I would have seen this site and knew what I know now. First with a VA loan they demanded earnest money which I never had to pay on my 1st home. 10g is a lot but they agreed to reduce to 5g which is still against my better nature. The communication between the loan office and myself with my realtor varied and wasn't 100% positive or reliably fast.

They build the homes here so fast there are many errors and service request I had to put in to be fixed within the 1st thirty days. HVAC was improperly installed, sink made noises, missing wall plugs, inactive wall plugs, wet spots on ceilings, light coming thru doors, window seals improperly sealed, lighting fixtures hanging and not installed properly, garage door closed on roof of my car and they implied it was my fault. Water sprinklers height adjustments varied, sprinklers and grass not placed in position even after 1 month of move in for HOA to monitor. Took forever to get grass people to come start doing their job and they keep damaging my solar lights.

For what we pay HOA this should be a gated community. I'm disappointed in the lack of communication and care because they are quick to ask for positive ratings on surveys and end products. I caught the contractors drinking water from my nozzle behind the house, and no telling how long that's been going on. They still aren't delivering mail to the box and both the post office and builder point fingers at each other so I make a trip everyday to go get my mail.

For what I paid they put in the cheapest fans, didn't put a better finish on garage floor and could have built my patio on opposite side to give me more outside room so city didn't confine me to small space. The walkway in front of my home has weird steps that several people have tripped or fell due to not realizing they are there and or deep. I could go on because every week its something new and friends/family point out things that the builder and I missed during walk thru. I'd rather deploy again and rent this property out. I'm not happy at all.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I bought a KHOV home three years ago in Arizona and my A/C unit is severely undersized and we sweat every summer and the temperature gets below 80 degrees only after midnight. We reached out the builder and the HVAC company who installed it for last few years and the only statement we get back is everything is working as per design. We ended up replacing the AC for 10K to have a better experience. I would strongly recommend to do your home work before purchasing another KHOV home.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Hi, I was in contract for an investment property in Casa Grande, AZ that was built by K HOVNANIAN Builders and as usual the sales person tied a $10,000 incentive to the house if I used their KHOV Mortgage Lender. The KHOV Mortgage Lender experience was a total disaster. On the day of closing they pulled from the loan and did not bother to call back to discuss the matter. They did full ssn, income verification and credit checks and did not find anything wrong with my case until the last day where out of the blue the main loan officer Corey ** said he had to restructure the loan and after that he did not bother to discuss the issue. They were about to make me sign loan docs and get it notarized and then they would have said it was null and void. The notary was at my house and I was about to sign the paperwork and then they changed everything.

They were sitting on my file for 3 months and they did all the checks and did not find anything wrong and then at the end they held me accountable for owning another investment property and they not knowing about it. This is totally wrong practice and the sales office is tied to the lending company as they force you to get into contract. They are running a fraudulent practice as it is a full scam. I have lost $3000.00 as token deposit for a new home. I have very good credit, assets, everything but they messed up the whole deal. Their communication is pathetic and they are highly unprofessional and rude. The main person did not bother to call or explain or negotiate the terms and conditions of the loan denial. They wasted my 3 months with all the paperwork and the earnest deposit. DO NOT WORK with them as they are highly unethical and unprofessional people.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Purchased new home site Jan.2020 paid 192k deposit. Requested to revise Palm Beach County bldg permit to include a home featured in this community with 600 sq.ft. extra. Request denied by salesman so I wrote to Ara K Hovnanian President and CEO at 90 Matawan Rd Matawan NJ 07747. Letter was delivered by Fed Ex and signed for by P.**. No response from from Mr. Hovnanian, he referred back to salesman to contact me. No ground broken or work started and Palm Beach County Bldg Dept stated they do revisions all the time. Suggested I contact an attorney for a resolution.

Original review: June 2, 2020

The home is beautiful with a lovely floor plan and great aesthetic look until you live in it and realize there are material quality issues. The paint chips with the slightest nick. They only used one coat and the baseboard wood easily breaks and splinters if pictures falls off a wall. The plumbing is plastic. Pull flowtime valves and 2 of my 4 toilets have sprung a leak at where the main water goes into the tank because the hose connection to the tank went bad. You have to replace the entire valve and hose as they are one unit and you can't just replace these cheap plastic plumbing units hoses for a new better hose.

Every sink every toilet in the house has these cheap plastic valve hose connections, even the kitchen sink and dishwasher. It costs a minimum of $100 a piece to replace each one with a plumber and cutting each one off myself and replacing it with A metal shark bite valve and tubing would take weeks to months or tedious frustrating work, assuming I didn't run into a leak or a problem as an amateur.

You also get no say on what appliances are in your expensive gourmet kitchen. All mine were lower end GE. The dishwasher and leaked once a quarter, not enough you can call a repairman and warranty is gone after 30-60days anyway. It was always so noisy I had to run it only at night or when I left the house and there was soap scum film on dishes unless I used special soap and then it breaks after 3 years.

The microwave is already broken that fits and looks so beautiful in the gourmet kitchen cabinets with its stainless steel cabinet apron. GE won't do anything about it unless I pay them to fix it as it isn't under warranty after 30 days. So I pull out my smaller Sharp microwave that was stored in the hot garage and is around 8 years old and it works great but doesn't fit so well. Now I can see the unfinished inside of the space saver microwave space. I love the floor plan of this house. It is smart. The best one I've ever lived in but why cut so many corners in material quality and then charge us such a high end price!?? I fear what more is going on here I haven't found yet that I will have to spend thousands to fix. That I do not appreciate at all.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Signed contract late Saturday night, wanted to cancel on early Monday morning and told that we couldn't cancel without losing our money. We lost 9,500 dollars and we're told ** by Khov. Do not buy from them.

Original review: May 5, 2020

You'd think that the regulators would be all over this. They in fact briefly outlawed the practice, but quickly reversed themselves since we live in a interesting republic where powerful corporations are free to ... their customers while your government stands idly by. However with knowledge you can save yourself and avoid getting into such an arrangement.

It is not unusual for a mortgage broker to quote the same loan scenario as the preferred lender, and even after taking into account the lost incentives still provide a better deal. In a lot of cases the client still wants to go with the preferred lender because they don't want to lose the $10,000 "incentive." I don't even know what to say. If they are charging you $15,000 more than me for the same rate, then giving you $10,000 back, they are not giving you anything except a portion of your own money back. It's a scam. Be careful and use your mortgage broker or your bank. Never K HOV MORTGAGE.

Original review: May 4, 2020

My husband and I were in the process of buying a home and were in escrow after we jumped many hoops to even get to that point. All was going fine until the Covid-19 virus and KHovnanian lender no longer wanted to fund us and we found out (only because we called them to check the status of the loan) that they had transferred our loan to another company because they were no longer able to help us. So now, we had to start the whole process from start pretty much and jumped to other hoops just to find out that we still could not be funded.

By this time, KHovnanian had already cashed the 1st of 4 payments due for our upgrades and we were told that the only way to get that money back was to purchase another one of their homes! Sure....because we just couldn't wait to go through this hell again! Are you kidding me!?!? I call this extortion! They keep our money and get nothing in return! Seriously?? If you are thinking about buying a home from there... Don't do it. Find a company that will do the right thing when it is no fault of the applicants!

Original review: May 1, 2020

If you make the mistake of contracting with K Hovnanian for a new build, I strongly suggest you hire a third-party Inspector and ensure they inspect at every milestone. You may very well find an incorrectly spec’d HVAC which will cause your upstairs to never get below 78 degrees in the summer. Ensure the Inspectors confirm the outlets won’t trip fuses when you plug in the vacuum cleaner. Also, make sure the builder uses the correct sized nails on the roof or it will fail during the first windstorm like mine did. I called K Hovnanian because it was under the warranty period and they refused to assist, even after the subcontractor that I hired gave me the nails that the builder used and showed me the correct sized nails that should have been used….

Original review: May 1, 2020

I entered into a contract with this developer on Jul 2019, For a home located in Four Seasons Parkland. A adult +55 community. During this 9 months I have visited the home site several times, always to find serious Health issues, first an infestation of bird feces on the frame, there were always bird nests and feces all over the beams, before they closed the ceiling and left them there to die, I found the floor was laid on top of the animal feces and remains. It is disgusting. On top of that the amount of garbage from workers eating on-site left unclear to spoil is just unbearable. I am concern about the animal feces in AC vents can be a health issue to my family. This builder definitely has many health and sanitary issues, I have read other complaining of the same at other homes. If you still decide to buy from them, Be very careful to walk in to a health hazard for your family!

Original review: April 27, 2020

I closed our new single family home on September 25th, 2018. We identified more than 20 defects during the Goldkey orientation. They promised that, within 15 days, they would fix all defects. Unfortunately, I had to follow-up with the services group, even escalating to various department heads. Ultimately they completed around September, 2019. One of the defects was a chipped-out wooden floor. They put wood filler and paint to cover the defects, but defect came-up around December.

I contacted service department Mid March 2020, within 18 months after closing. K Hove says warranty period is over. Bottom line, they will delay fixing problems until the end of first year, so they can say warranty period is over. Multiple problems in workmanship. I will recommend if you buy a K Hovnanian home, get an independent home inspector to ensure no defects. Negotiate to have a warranty for at least two years and do not believe their words during Goldkey orientation regarding the time window for fixing defects. I purchased Eden Terrace property because of location and architecture. I am also an old customer, I had a very good experience with my NJ home at Princeton Walk. it is no longer the same K Hovnanian.

Original review: April 17, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO BUILD YOUR HOME! You will pay high dollar for low quality workmanship. You pay high retail cost for cupboards and fixtures, but they up-charge so much, they install the lowest quality brand or fixture. If they make a mistake, they will "band-aid" the situation and not make it right. They will find every excuse and cause you so much frustration. This company literally takes your money, builds with the cheapest outsourcing labor they can find and after all the mistakes are made, they won't stand behind it and fix their own problems they created.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Entered into a contract to purchase a beautiful town home with this builder in 2016 in Florida. The site wasn't developed and the time frame K Hov stated was about a year away. I was ok with that, after all, the renderings and site plan were amazing! I monitored the progress, visited the dirt pile where the construction would take place constantly. Fast forward 18 months later and finally the dirt pile starts looking like a home. Throughout the process from this time forward would be my chief complaints...

First the construction was very poor! I would find bottles of urine laying around the site and inside of the structure of my home (more to come on this later). The craftsmanship was horrible and it was clear to me the construction workers didn't care a single bit about their work product. I was all over them like white on rice! I had to constantly point out defects, misaligned lighting, crooked outlets, mismatched window ledges, squeaky floors (3 story home), and the list goes on and on. This turned out to be a FULL TIME job until the construction was completed. It was only because of my daily inspections and consistent reporting of obvious flaws in the construction, that my unit ended up having no major defects that I was aware of.

At the time of closing, there were over 60 items remaining on the punch list! I was assured that the items would be taken care of, all I had to do is to put in a request through maintenance portal within one year (the extent of the builders warranty). After 2 years there were still 30 items remaining from this list. I was lucky but let me tell you about the other units they constructed in my community. Urine bottles found in pipes leading to clogs and leaking from 3rd floor to 2nd. Urine bottles found in walls and ceilings. Poor construction leading to leaks on the inside of the structure requiring major modifications to address (3 years later, all units constructed, and still they are ripping apart units to try to fix the leaks). Mind you, these are half a million dollar + units!

Let's touch on the mismanagement of HOA funds. K Hov collected full HOA fees from the beginning (no amenities constructed) for over a year. When the turnover happen, you guessed it, funds were short! Where did the money go K Hov? That was never properly answered. Of course the new home owners had to hire an attorney, and an architect to hold K Hov to task.

I ended up selling my unit and had an inspection done by the buyer. Come to find out, my newly constructed home's kitchen sink drain was never properly connected. Not fun, let me tell you. This is a small sample of the many flaws experienced through this process. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Checked in with a chat personal online, who directed me towards a house that ready to move in confirmed the price. Our agent scheduled a time to go see the house same day while he was out of town. We did a walk thru the house and immediately fell in love with it. We requested our agent to reach out to the builder representative the day after to begin the contract process and notified the builder representative that we will be moving forward with the purchase while confirming the price once again. He agreed and told us the next steps.

A few hours later he comes back to us to say that the builder had decided to raise the price and he will get back to us. he responded back with stating that the builder has decided to up the price because the flyer we saw was old and inaccurate and they had already changed the price. I responded stating that price is not on any flyer but instead on the K Hovnanian website. To which there was no response except It is what it is, while I understand none of this is in the sales representative's hands and there wasn’t much he could say. I would be wary of any business that says look we are willing to offer a lower price if you didn’t have an agent. It completely rubbed me the wrong way. I URGE ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM K HOVANIAN HOMES. I just checked the website again and the price is still what we saw instead of the increase that they mentioned.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

K-Hovnanian will not honor their 10-year contractual builder warranty. We moved-in July, 2019 and found water leaking in our basement through a wall-crack since early January, 2020. We notified K-Hov and discussed the matter with multiple customer-service representatives, managers, and contractors of K-Hov. While K-Hov acknowledges their warranty is valid & transferable, covers wall-cracks and leaks, and that our home is within the 10 year warranty period, they still refuse to fix the issue.

K-Hov referred us to have the warranty transferred from the original owner from 2012; this is not possible. The original owner is unknown to us, and we have no way to contact them even if we had a name. The warranty is transferable and we already provided proof of real estate property title transfer. Yet, K-Hov refuses to fix the problem and has given us the run-around from contractor to contractor throughout their business network. Meanwhile the water damage continues. More to follow...

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

First the good. We had a pleasurable buying experience with our sales associate. She knew the product (Line K) very well and was very helpful during the process. The contacts at the design center were top notch as well. Our construction foreman was fun, gave us very good insight into the process and kept us informed every step of the way.

Now, the bad. First off, our home was rushed to meet an end of quarter deadline. The K Hovnanian mortgage people alluded too and ultimately confirmed this. In fact, our future neighbors, who signed a week or two after us are still about a month or two away from completion. Our home was rushed and it shows. Don't get me wrong, the home is beautiful and will be wonderful for my family. That said, I'm actually looking forward to our warranty period being over so we don't have to deal with their post-sale folks.

I'm going to be vague on purpose since we're considering legal representation. Simply put, one of the systems in the home that requires a county inspection was altered after the inspection occurred. I'm sure this happens from time to time without consequence. However, this was catastrophic for us. My only suggestion at this point for any prospective buyers is to have the home inspected by a third party (we did) prior to drywall and make sure that if any changes are made following that inspection that you are informed and it's reinspected. I'll leave it at that for now and will update the review once we come to a resolution.

Speaking of the resolution, multiple people from K Hovnanian have admitted negligence as a cause of the issue. They literally used the words "negligence" and "human error." Yet, we are fighting with them to simply do what is right to remedy the situation. I hope we can come to a civil agreement here. In the case of negligence, there needs to be recourse. We're asking for very little recourse, but are being treated as if the incident no big deal. It is. Sewage is involved.

Look, it's a nice house. We're in a great neighborhood where our kids already have friends. The schools are great. We'll be happy here. Just beware and be warned that the warranty people are sketchy at best, very dismissive and the attention to detail and liberal policies around making major changes without re-inspection are definitely something to look out for. Would I buy from them again? Absolutely not. At the price point we purchased at, we could have custom built a home on a way larger lot...but we wanted this neighborhood. If I could do it again, we'd choose another builder.

One last suggestion - while the incentives may be alluring enough to make you consider using their lender, shop around. We found that similar loan products with other lenders effectively negate their incentives. Also, and since this is a review of the builder, not their "mortgage" company, I'll be brief. K Hovnanian Mortgage is second rate/junior varsity level at best. Even if it ends up costing you more to go with another lender, do it. Every one of our neighbors who used them all say the same thing: amateurish and waited until the last minute for everything which introduced a level of stress that was absolutely unnecessary.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We refused to buy a 500,000 house, that we loved, in a new Woodbridge VA neighborhood of this builder... And here’s why: Unfortunately the sales representative, an elderly woman named Betty, was one of the most adversarial, arrogant, and unprofessional individuals we’ve met—and in the DC area that is truly saying a lot. She neither understood her product, nor made any attempt to answer difficult questions (including addressing all these negative reviews) or to provide even the most basic customer service. The entitled attitude of the sales person equally matched the toxic and bullying nature of the company we found. This really surprised our real estate agent, who confirmed the same through other colleagues in the industry.

We were denied any possibility to talk to the project manager, and our real estate agent was told that we essentially had to sign the contract “on faith” and that no changes in the contract identified by our real estate lawyer would be allowed. We were not allowed to see the precise quality of the materials for the build... Nor to know, in writing, the exact price, prior to signing a contract. Beware of bait and switch!

The bottom line is that this business model is based upon predatorial practices, including denying the buyer all the information about the house, including key pricing information, prior to signing a contract, which forces the buyer all rights to sue, if there are issues with the house (and based upon hundreds of other reviews, there are, and it appears that they often refuse to fix them). Demand a copy of their warranty, HOA agreement, and sample contract, and you will see for yourself. Additionally, our reading the “warranty” of the builder identified that there are nearly no scenarios in which they are legally bound or required to correct problems with their product.

As stated in many many other reviews online—take heed at all the attempts to prevent you from making the worst financial decision in your life. Do some reading and you will see that all advice tells you to do your homework on the builder, and have a real estate lawyer (emphasis) review and approve anything you sign. I’ll sleep well knowing we refused to do business with this disreputable company—and that we forewarned you as well. Buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

We began the building planning process with K Hovnanian about a year ago. There was absolutely no aspect of working with Khov which was positive, organized or timely. Upfront: TERRIBLE WORKMANSHIP, POOR QUALITY. I can't even try to use the word craftsmanship. They grab whomever they can to swing a hammer. With each blunder we extended the benefit of the doubt to them, accepting each of their excuses as to why something had gone wrong. We take full responsibility for not being bold enough to just walk away. Beware of the contract!!!! It is written in their favor at every single turn, despite how the salesperson seems to be on your side. Once you sign, they have you, or you forfeit at least 10k. That grows with penalties as the process moves along.

Issues: 1. The salesperson was uninformed on options, contract, products. 2. The options are EXTREMELY limited. Do let think "a new home, we'll build what we want". This is NOT custom. 3. We asked to replace the cheap windows with Pella products, which we would pay for. Not allowed. We had to take their poor products which now leak. 4. The salesperson quit and the new salesperson could not find the records of all of our choices; STARTED ALL OVER. 5. Their idea of showing us options was to stand at the window of the model and point "see that house about 4 doors down on the right..." 6. They were late at every turn when they needed to provide information to our mortgage company. They stated that the delays might cost US a penalty! They provided inaccurate information about the home, options and products.

7. The "included" line of options is so cheap, we were forced to upgrade to avoid having cardboard cabinets. 8. We selected a Trex deck for our back porch, the salesperson not only said it was an available choice, even showed us an existing Trex porch stating "this is how yours would look". Only to find they poured a CONCRETE porch, the sales manager absolutely denied the option to replace it despite it being in the contract! Our attorney noted that while it was in the contract, preamble disclaimers provide them the ability to change any option that the deem needed. 9. The sales Manager was rude, condescending, unprofessional, presented poorly, misinformed and just a nasty person.

10. We visited the building site each weekend throughout the build, EVERY WEEKEND we found errors, problems and just plain terrible workmanship. Trash in the walls (coffee cups, water bottles, McDonald's food bags), the wrong layout, walls where no wall should be, and A CRACK IN THE FOUNDATION WALL, the entire height, with water seeping in! WE caught that, not them. Explanation: "backhoe did that backfilling the dirt". They "fixed" it until the next rain. Leaked again. Had to call a REAL concrete repair co. They said "we have been to many Khov homes for the same issue". Apparently they band aid fix it until your 1 year warranty expires, then it's on you! 11. They trimmed the siding too short and it was coming out of the channels. The windows have patches where they incorrectly trimmed the vinyl.

12. I advised that we would have our own inspector at the pre-drywall walkthrough. We waited for them to provide a date. Instead, they asked us to the site to meet and "while we are here, we need to do the walkthrough". I advised our inspector was not aware so we need to reschedule. Get this, "if not today. The drywall will be used on another home and your build will be delayed by 2 weeks which will cause you a penalty of 10k. 13. The post-sale customer service guy downplays every concern "it's really not a big deal" water in my basement? 14. As we paint and make the house our own we find more and more shows of poor workmanship, cheap products, lack of any pride in the build, and less and less confidence in the structure.

Do yourself a favor, DO NOT USE KHOV!!! We provided a candid, well justified customer post-sale evaluation. With the numerous issues we presented, we were never contacted by anyone from KHOV. THEY HAVE NO INTEREST IN YOUR SATISFACTION AT ALL!!! Once you sign, they own you. This was a terrible, Terrible experience. And this is not my first new home build! RUN!!! RUN FAR, FAR AWAY!!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We bought our K Hovnanian home six years ago and have had nothing but problems. When we did the walkthrough before moving in, we questioned the installation of the dishwasher and were told that was the way that model was installed. Two years later the dishwasher fell out of the cabinet and the cabinet was cracked. When we contacted customer service we were told it was not under warranty. After making numerous phone calls and sending photos, they sent someone out to look at it. The handyman said he could not fix the problem because it was installed incorrectly. After 6 weeks, another handyman supposedly fixed it.

Now it is 3 years later and it fell out again. This time Customer service sent out a GE technician who explained it had been installed incorrectly and due to the way it was repaired, the legs and spring on the door are all bent. He said if he could remove the legs, he can repair it but it will only be a temporary fix and will pull loose again. His recommendation is a new dishwasher installed by GE not K Hov. K Hov refuses to accept any responsibility for the faulty installation.

This is not the only problem. Roof has leaked four times and each time we are assured it is fixed only to have it leak again the following year. First time we were told there were nail holes, next time, flashing was done incorrect, another time pulled up shingles and put new sealant. Each time the drywall was soaked and water dripped onto wood floors. Last time took 3 months before it was repaired. Had to keep trash can under leak because water poured out of light fixture when it rained.

Two months after we moved in, the sewer backed up into bathroom sink and tub. Upon investigation it was discovered the sewer line had been broken when the trench for the electric line was dug. Have also had multiple leaks in the crawl space which have been repaired after numerous phone calls. Save yourself all these nightmares by not purchasing a KHov home.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I bought my new K Hovnanian home about 7 months ago. It's the best decision me and my wife has ever made. From the sales professionals to the finance to the closing they made the process as painless as possible. I work in the construction and after living in our home for several months I'm very impressed with the quality of our home and can't believe the price we was able to get it for. There was 15 year old homes in our area was selling for the same price K Hovnanian sold me my home for. The home was built a little over a year ago and there is no settling cracks anywhere. The heating and air works perfect and the plumbing and electrical is great. I have nothing bad to say about this experience. It's been incredible!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Not satisfied at all. I purchased a new home at the end of 2018. From the first day (even before closing) the house had an issue with the AC. The KHOV told me they do the inspection and they even recommended I don't need to hire anybody since they already had it done. However, I decided to have my own inspector to check the house. During the inspection, among the other things, it was discovered the wiring for the AC was wrong - I turn the AC on upstairs and it was cooling downstairs etc... That showed me that KHOV actually doesn't do the inspection as they should. If they do they would discover these basic things immediately.

After the closing, they fixed the wiring for the AC but the AC was not cooling as it should - it used to take a lot of time to cool down. They fixed it by replacing the coil. After that, the AC is cooling as it should downstairs but upstairs is too strong - even blinds are moving when the AC is cooling upstairs. The AC company tried to fix a few times with no success and eventually they told me that it works how it is designed to work and they cannot do anything. Also, KHOV told me that if the AC company told me they cannot do anything, they cannot help me either.

The house is still under warranty, but obviously, it is not designed how it should be, so the warranty is basically useless. Another thing is that AC company told me that KHOV wanted to put only one outside unit for a whole house because it is cheaper while AC company wanted to put to separate units (for lower level and upper level). At the same time, the outside unit is very loud and it is impossible to sleep in one of the upstairs bedrooms. If I buy a house next time, the first thing I would check is if it was built by KHOV, and if it is I would never buy it. I will add the AC company name as well as soon as I find the papers...

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Do your research.Our home is about $600,000. We have had to have substandard landscaping, garage door motor and interior paint redone. Our electrical wiring was not done properly in the kitchen and they won't fix it.

Original review: July 29, 2019

The ONLY thing positive I can say about this company is their salespeople. They were professional, helpful and friendly. Past that it was a total waste of our time and money. Thankfully, we were released from the contract, minus our $10K deposit. We waited over 6 months for our home to be built, pointing out numerous issues with incredibly substandard construction along the way--most of which were left until the final walk through--a cut joist, crowned flooring, uneven doors, uneven drywall, cracks in the driveway, cracked and uneven cabinets, dented door sill--the list goes on and on. On our final walk through even our upgraded oven and garbage disposal didn't work! Their answer to everything was "band aids" or basically deal with it. Please believe these reviews. Find another builder!

Original review: July 26, 2019

The builder had a stainless kitchen sink caulked only with no clips to hold the sink to the granite. Disgusting. The kitchen sink is falling down and now I have to spend money to correct this cheap, disgusting way of what they did.

Original review: July 17, 2019

We purchased our town home from Hovnanian and despite our rigorous inspector who uncovered many problems during the construction including code and warranty violations, after we moved in, there were many more hidden disasters. Our garage door was installed poorly and was not operating normally. In some places of the house our flooring has uneven areas. When we were replacing our new lock we discovered that our door was an old one and used for another lock before but was painted and patched over. Our patio door stopped operating almost immediately because the contractor installed cheap, lightweight rollers under the heavy hurricane doors instead of stainless steel (heavy duty) rollers.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have a 6 year old K Hovnanian Hancock II Model that I have had the displeasure of owning for over a year and a half. This home is a 4 bedroom 3.5 bathroom home with a finished basement. We have been in contact with K Hovnanian since January 8, 2018 for massive leaks in our roof. There has been nothing but issues since this date (didn't even own the home for 30 days at this point) and the house has problems from leaks in the basement slider, cracking framing in the walls from the first floor up, missing floor joist, improperly installed HVAC system including but not limited to incorrectly place intake and exhaust pipes. They put on a new roof on December 11, 2018 and less than three weeks later we had more leaks.

They also had no extra lighting for when the sun went down and was finishing the roof by the light of their cell phone flashlights as well as when looking for rogue roofing nails (that we have found at least a 100 of since the winter ended despite their promises to remove ALL debris for the safety of our kids and pet). We have had a structural engineer come in and review this home as well as the county. What they are willing to "fix" is truly not a fix and more like a band aid. There is zero customer service to accommodate our needs as a family of 7. They have had contractors not show up at all, show up severely late with no call, and when they do show up, they left four employees on our property without our approval for two hours while they (framers for our roof) left to get the ladder they forgot along with their air compressor for their nail gun.

When they did return they still had forgotten to bring a ladder and needed to borrow the roofers ladder. We have asked for extensive investigation for the causes of the massive amount of drywall issues and they refuse. They just say that they will replace the drywall - piecemeal, one room at a time. They propose to seal off all HVAC vents and do this as we live in our home despite the health issues the drywall dust will cause us as well as the HVAC issues (potentially damage) we will have with sealing off duct work to a running HVAC system. They continue to claim this is a warranty issue and try to put this as if we are being the difficult ones. Their rep in Feb 2018 said I would have a new roof on 2/14/18 and instead got a new ridge vent. When their other rep was here for the new roof in Dec 2018 he asked me why we didn't get a roof sooner. I was like, "Ask your other rep."

We have been trying to come to a settlement as we do have legal action in place since 11/2018 (after 10 months of trying to get this all taken care of without the help of the legal system). But the builder has said no to the multiple offers we have submitted both in writing and verbally. If you want a quality home please consider another builder and do your homework on their reputation before you buy a home much like ours and many many more not just in our development but across the nation.

K Hovnanian Builders Company Information