Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I really like the microwave. It performs all the preset functions very well. I’m not that thrilled with the refrigerator and dishwasher though. I do live in an apartment and I’m sure they are cheaper models of these appliances.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My Whirlpool microwave has been serving me for over 20 years. Never a problem. It performs well at all settings. Size is convenient for mounting over range. I recommend highly because of reliability and performance.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Whirlpool microwave came with my new condo, and it's as aesthetically pleasing as it is functional. Very easy to use, sounds are not annoying (as my last microwave was) and heats food quickly and evenly, as needed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

This microwave lasted for 15 years! Worked great. Started looking kind of bad after 10 years but still worked. Amazing! All their products are great and last a long time. Would buy again. Boil water in minutes.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Easy and obvious and efficient and good size and technology current and easy to clean with appropriate power and seems as good as any other brand and with an affordable price point and looks good and modern.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

The Whirlpool microwave has been very reliable and efficient. I like its multiple functions, from heating up leftovers to defrosting meat and poultry, baking potatoes. All the functions are easy to use.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

A very inexpensive brand. Works great. Good customer service. Good warranty. Easy to use. Does not take up a lot of counter space. I recommend this brand to anyone who wants quality at a reasonable price.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Good microwave and will have 1100 watts Of use for TV dinners and warm up food. Do well and goes well. Please use this as well to warm up TV dinners smaller than most. Test them and see what is best. Go.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

We have had this microwave 3 years. The first thing we noticed was that baked potatoes were way overdone and nothing heated up correctly when using the sensor Not a big deal - just stopped using the sensor button. Now, we keep getting the open/close door message keeps coming up. I have done all the recommended fixes with no luck. Now we need to have a repairman come out to fix it. It seems when you are paying over $300.00 for a microwave, it should last longer. If I had known it would be such a poor quality, I would have bought a less expensive one and definitely a different brand. We do not use a microwave on a daily basis, so it certainly did not crap out from overuse. I would not recommend this to anyone. Save your money or you will be spending much more on repairs.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Don't buy. Purchased over the range microwave. Service order less than a week after install. Heats unevenly. Burns center of bacon consistently without fully cooking ends. Popcorn pops half the kernels yet Whirlpool says nothing wrong with product. Well within 1 year warranty but had to pay for service call cause Whirlpool determined microwave was operating as manufactured. Laughable! This company does not stand behind their product or their customers. Never again will I purchase a Whirlpool product.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Never ever go for Whirlpool. It has the worst customer service. We brought an oven but accidentally we broke the inner oven plate. We called up the customer care person on 18002081800 and tried asking him the dimensions of the plate pr at least how we could reorder it. He never listened to us. He just got our details. Said that technician will come at 11am tomorrow and disconnected the call when we were trying to explain what our query is all about. Is that all the respect a customer deserves!? Is that how whirlpool trains their service people!? He doesn't even have the basic courtesy to listen to the customer, I wonder how was he even recruited as a customer care person. If you want at least your basic respect, please DON'T BUY WHIRLPOOL.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Our countertop Whirlpool microwave oven is just over two years old and one of the led lights in the clock display just went out. The push-button opening mechanism is very hard to work and quite loud when the door is shut. When the timer is set but the start button is not activated for a few minutes, the "door" warning goes on and you have to reset the timer. There are five beeps that indicate when cooking is done and they continue even when the door is opened. The only way to stop them is to push the stop button and there is no way to adjust the noise level or number of beeps.

Original review: June 29, 2020

There is a melted hole in my Whirlpool microwave. The model WMH53520CS is on the recall list for this but not my serial number. Other have posted this and theirs was not covered. This should never happen. I have never had a microwave do this. If I have to replace it I won’t buy Whirlpool ever again.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Our microwave is less than 8 months old, hardly used and only for heating items. Besides the point, being under a year old. It began to make noise and pop, spark sounds with the smell of burning wires and promptly stopped working. We called the customer service line and began the long frustrating circle of completely bizarre conversation. Maintaining our belief this is a fire hazard and not wanting it in our home they insist on a repair person coming after trying to sell us Extended warranty, Why would we want Extended warranty when the warranty is NO warranty, it seems, whatsoever.

After requesting to speak to a supervisor 3 times. A overly bubbly person comes on the repeat same spiel and to make an appointment for 1 week away from 8am to 4pm to be available for a phone call to make an appointment to see about repair on said fire hazard microwave that is less than a year old. This appointment is made with repair place and they too are confused and noted Whirlpool said this is not covered under warranty, and they too would contact them.

Today Whirlpool Canada calls and gives number to repair place to book appointment, Hello we already have one and the frustrating verbal dance continues. 5 minutes after this call the repair place calls, as whirlpool contacted them as well to book appointment, which we both could agree this is the bizarrest situation since we already have an appointment, from their appointment. We keep saying we feel unsafe, this is a fire hazard. Which they completely ignore. This is unacceptable and extremely poor service.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased a Whirlpool oven 14 months ago. I just paid it off 2 months ago. The oven stopped heating. I talked to Whirlpool... and basically because I did not purchase the extented warranty I am SOL. I will never buy a product from them again. Complete junk.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I had my kitchen remodeled and purchased a Whirlpool built in electric microwave and lower oven combo (Models WOC54E and WOC95E). I selected this product because it had the right dimensions for my kitchen and I thought Whirlpool was a quality brand. Well I was completely incorrect about the latter point. Within just a few months, I noticed a drip line in the microwave door, between the outer and inner panel that could not be accessed to clean. I barely used the appliance and had no explosions in the unit that would account for this unsightly stain. When I called Whirlpool, they told me that cleaning and resealing the microwave door was not covered by warranty, and if I fixed the problem, then I would invalidate the warranty on the appliance. I had no choice but to live with this drip line, which has now been joined by others. I can think only that this is caused by condensation and that the door is permeable to moisture.

Then there is the oven: When it is in use and for at least 30 min after, the fan on the unit is deafening. Not just a little noisy, but really loud. This is my first experience with Whirlpool and its products, and I would NEVER purchase others. They are not inexpensive and are clearly of substandard quality. The fact that Whirlpool is prepared to put a defective product on the market and then not be prepared to fix problems with the unit is appalling. DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We purchased the microwave. It looked nice and seemed sturdy. I bought a trim kit to make it look Built in. As soon as I finished installing the microwave and kit we tried to use it. My wife could not get the door to open unless she pushed the door button hard several times. I checked to see if the trim kit was causing the problem and it was not. We kept trying to get the door to open as it should but could not make it work correctly. I even used a little lubricant and it did not help. We then looked up the reviews and saw this was a prevalent problem. We then returned the unit and trim and ordered a Samsung. It will be in on the 25th of March. I placed a review on Lowe's site but Whirlpool removed it saying since I took it back they removed the negative review. Since it was defective I wanted the public to see the truth on this unit.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Whirlpool microwave oven a few months old stopped working. Customer service center not helpful with prolonged holds (>30 minutes), no response to email, and amazingly no response to live chat. The 800 number was busy at one point for over an hour. When I finally did get thru, there was no coordination with local repair men, and a factory delay on the parts. I am going on 6 weeks without a functioning microwave and 3 kids at home. Thanks Whirlpool.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I replaced all of the appliances in my kitchen in my vacation home with Whirlpool appliances in black less than a year ago. Since that time everything has fallen apart. The plastic is cheap quality. Microwave door fell off because it cracked in half. Two of the knobs on the stove I found on the floor in the morning because the plastic apparently broke with the temperature change overnight. The company wants as much money to replace the microwave door as the microwave cost, I haven’t even checked on the knobs yet but I think it’s time after less than a year to go ahead and update the kitchen again with better quality appliances.. and to be clear temperature change, this house is in San Diego California, there is no other explanation that either cheap parts or the temperature change and the company doesn’t seem to care so we will use a company with a little better quality this time ..

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

The exhaust fan for the gas range runs when using the microwave. The noise is loud and very aggravating and there is no way to turn it off. From what I can find the older models there was an option to turn it off. On the new models Whirlpool cut costs by not putting a small (QUIET) fan in the microwave but used the range fan for a dual purpose.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My oven was 11 months old when I tried to use the self-clean cycle for the first time. 2 hours into the 4 hour cycle, the oven completely shut down, door locked shut and no lights on the control panel. The repair tech came out on a warranty repair call (no charge), explained that Whirlpool does not use a thermal protector rated for a self-cleaning oven and that it blows every time. He then proceeded to replace it with the same thing because he is only allowed to put in the recommended part, which is not rated for the high temp cleaning cycle. So the oven is usable, but not the self-clean. Since I am at the end of the 1 yr warranty period, even if I were able to get Whirlpool to replace the oven (ha!) there would be no warranty because I only get the original time limit. So if I had a new oven and it blew out, it would not be under warranty for fix/replace. The repair tech said this is a COMMON problem with Whirlpool self-clean.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I purchased new appliances almost 1year ago to the date. I bought the glass top range with. convection oven. In convection mode, the fan cuts on and off intermittently during bake cycle. Friends who also have the same oven say their fan runs consistently in convection mode. Repairman came out and changed fan and control panel. Still runs intermittently. Apparently that is a feature of “some models”. Had I known it was not continuous convection, I would have purchased a less expensive model without convection feature. It takes longer to cook in that mode.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We've had this microwave (WMH31017AW-2) for 2 1/2 yrs and the door is falling apart. It started with one crack and now the middle glass of the door is falling out! I took the door off so the the glass wouldn't fall on the stove and the plastic around the door literally crumbled apart. So disappointed since that was the same reason we took the other one back that was in this house when we bought it. The microwave is now discontinued and when I did find a door online it costs as much as the microwave! Whirlpool doesn't distribute the dependable products that were, back in the day, associated with the name "WHIRLPOOL". Shame on the greedy people who have taken over and cut back on quality material and labor to put an extra penny in their pocket!

Original review: July 23, 2019

It works great, it looks great. I been having for many years, and never gave me any problems. I do love nice microwaves and Whirlpool is a great. I would recommend it to anyone that is interested.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Had unit about 4 yrs. No problem with unit, work great. Easy to clean, stand up to every day use, heat dishes and popcorn three level no issues, heat dishes, defrost items, cook food at several levels.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Love the design and style. It is an above the stove built-in model. And love the combination of microwave use and to have the ability to also use convection. It certainly has been an excellent purchase and would buy it again and would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2019

My microwave is very reliable and has lasted a very long time. I have never had a problem other than the circular glass plate that broke. It took me a little time to get use to the timer on it which is a little different than other microwaves that I have used. Overall a good buy.

Original review: July 19, 2019

The microwave was easy to install above the stove and it has the exhaust fan conveniently hidden out of site underneath it. The cost was very low and it is not complicated to set up and use. I also like the fact of not having countertop space taken up by having the microwave sitting on it.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I recently purchased a Whirlpool over the range microwave. I especially appreciate the unit's strong exhaust fan. My previous microwave's exhaust fan was much less powerful. The unit's black glass and chrome trim look great! I am extremely pleased with the new microwave.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have owned the Whirlpool Range hood model for several years now and recently replaced it with Model WMH32519HT-2 after the prior unit quit working. I had become comfortable with the prior model's control panel and am having difficulty getting used to the new design. The configuration of the new panel is totally different and but better in some features. I especially like this model and will continue getting it as long as is manufactured.

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Company Information