2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Reviews

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Whirlpool microwave oven a few months old stopped working. Customer service center not helpful with prolonged holds (>30 minutes), no response to email, and amazingly no response to live chat. The 800 number was busy at one point for over an hour. When I finally did get thru, there was no coordination with local repair men, and a factory delay on the parts. I am going on 6 weeks without a functioning microwave and 3 kids at home. Thanks Whirlpool.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I replaced all of the appliances in my kitchen in my vacation home with Whirlpool appliances in black less than a year ago. Since that time everything has fallen apart. The plastic is cheap quality. Microwave door fell off because it cracked in half. Two of the knobs on the stove I found on the floor in the morning because the plastic apparently broke with the temperature change overnight. The company wants as much money to replace the microwave door as the microwave cost, I haven’t even checked on the knobs yet but I think it’s time after less than a year to go ahead and update the kitchen again with better quality appliances.. and to be clear temperature change, this house is in San Diego California, there is no other explanation that either cheap parts or the temperature change and the company doesn’t seem to care so we will use a company with a little better quality this time ..

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

The exhaust fan for the gas range runs when using the microwave. The noise is loud and very aggravating and there is no way to turn it off. From what I can find the older models there was an option to turn it off. On the new models Whirlpool cut costs by not putting a small (QUIET) fan in the microwave but used the range fan for a dual purpose.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My oven was 11 months old when I tried to use the self-clean cycle for the first time. 2 hours into the 4 hour cycle, the oven completely shut down, door locked shut and no lights on the control panel. The repair tech came out on a warranty repair call (no charge), explained that Whirlpool does not use a thermal protector rated for a self-cleaning oven and that it blows every time. He then proceeded to replace it with the same thing because he is only allowed to put in the recommended part, which is not rated for the high temp cleaning cycle. So the oven is usable, but not the self-clean. Since I am at the end of the 1 yr warranty period, even if I were able to get Whirlpool to replace the oven (ha!) there would be no warranty because I only get the original time limit. So if I had a new oven and it blew out, it would not be under warranty for fix/replace. The repair tech said this is a COMMON problem with Whirlpool self-clean.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I purchased new appliances almost 1year ago to the date. I bought the glass top range with. convection oven. In convection mode, the fan cuts on and off intermittently during bake cycle. Friends who also have the same oven say their fan runs consistently in convection mode. Repairman came out and changed fan and control panel. Still runs intermittently. Apparently that is a feature of “some models”. Had I known it was not continuous convection, I would have purchased a less expensive model without convection feature. It takes longer to cook in that mode.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We've had this microwave (WMH31017AW-2) for 2 1/2 yrs and the door is falling apart. It started with one crack and now the middle glass of the door is falling out! I took the door off so the the glass wouldn't fall on the stove and the plastic around the door literally crumbled apart. So disappointed since that was the same reason we took the other one back that was in this house when we bought it. The microwave is now discontinued and when I did find a door online it costs as much as the microwave! Whirlpool doesn't distribute the dependable products that were, back in the day, associated with the name "WHIRLPOOL". Shame on the greedy people who have taken over and cut back on quality material and labor to put an extra penny in their pocket!

Original review: July 23, 2019

It works great, it looks great. I been having for many years, and never gave me any problems. I do love nice microwaves and Whirlpool is a great. I would recommend it to anyone that is interested.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Had unit about 4 yrs. No problem with unit, work great. Easy to clean, stand up to every day use, heat dishes and popcorn three level no issues, heat dishes, defrost items, cook food at several levels.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Love the design and style. It is an above the stove built-in model. And love the combination of microwave use and to have the ability to also use convection. It certainly has been an excellent purchase and would buy it again and would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2019

My microwave is very reliable and has lasted a very long time. I have never had a problem other than the circular glass plate that broke. It took me a little time to get use to the timer on it which is a little different than other microwaves that I have used. Overall a good buy.

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Company Information