Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

312 Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 7, 2019

It is very simple looking and easy to use despite the different functions. I like how nice and roomy it is inside that I can fit a casserole pan in it. Very easy to maintain too. If you get the convection microwave it is fantastic what you can cook in it. Meat comes out nice and brown, baked goods cook all the way through in a lot less time too. Having the option for the microwave to readjust the temperature and time is great too because it takes the guessing work out for you. It knows to do that automatically.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Mine is a small over the stove type. I use it for reheating, cooking veggies, popcorn and have done some casseroles as well as a few desserts. It seems to cook evenly and even the preprogrammed times are quite right on. I also find the defrost example hamburger frozen has preset time according to weight and it does not cook the hamburger like others seem to. Overall I think my Whirlpool is a great machine. It also has a turntable which distributes the heat more evenly I think. Overall I am pleased with the microwave. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I inherited this microwave when we bought our house and have been very happy with it. It does not take up much space, heats well and evenly and the beep at the end of the cycle is not as irritating as other microwaves I have owned. However, I do find the glass turntable difficult to get back on track after I take it out for cleaning. It will wobble if not put back exactly right.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Had this Whirlpool for many years. Enjoy the features. One I will never buy again is GE. It was over the range. The door crack two time, first time they send a door, I replace it. Second time, they refuse to replace it. So, I refuse to buy anything from GE. Since it was made for over the range. I say the door was not made for the heat cooking over the stove. Then they should not have sold it as over the stove.

Original review: May 25, 2019

This microwave oven has worked well now for about six months and overall we have no complaints. My only complaint is that it has a cheap feel to it, especially when the door is closed...it creates a rattle type hollow noise....it just does not "sound" like it is well made. Time will tell I guess. The unit works well and heats fairly evenly. The cook options are plentiful but we rarely use most of them as we are usually merely re-heating food or coffee. The defrost cycle does work well for us.

We purchased this microwave oven as well as a Whirlpool Range and Whirlpool French Door Refrigerator at the same time from a small Home Depot. Whereas that store had the microwave on display it did not have the other two on display and therefore we purchased them sight unseen....a BAD, BAD mistake. I have reviews for those two so I will say no more about them here. Thus, overall, we are very pleased with this Whirlpool Microwave Oven and would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We've had this microwave (WMH31017AW-2) for 2 1/2 yrs and the door is falling apart. It started with one crack and now the middle glass of the door is falling out! I took the door off so the the glass wouldn't fall on the stove and the plastic around the door literally crumbled apart. So disappointed since that was the same reason we took the other one back that was in this house when we bought it. The microwave is now discontinued and when I did find a door online it costs as much as the microwave! Whirlpool doesn't distribute the dependable products that were, back in the day, associated with the name "WHIRLPOOL". Shame on the greedy people who have taken over and cut back on quality material and labor to put an extra penny in their pocket!

Original review: July 23, 2019

It works great, it looks great. I been having for many years, and never gave me any problems. I do love nice microwaves and Whirlpool is a great. I would recommend it to anyone that is interested.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Had unit about 4 yrs. No problem with unit, work great. Easy to clean, stand up to every day use, heat dishes and popcorn three level no issues, heat dishes, defrost items, cook food at several levels.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Love the design and style. It is an above the stove built-in model. And love the combination of microwave use and to have the ability to also use convection. It certainly has been an excellent purchase and would buy it again and would strongly recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2019

My microwave is very reliable and has lasted a very long time. I have never had a problem other than the circular glass plate that broke. It took me a little time to get use to the timer on it which is a little different than other microwaves that I have used. Overall a good buy.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool has a broad range of home appliances available, including washing machines and microwaves. The company is dedicated to helping its customers take better care of themselves and their families.

• Humanitarian aid: Whirlpool has donated a refrigerator and a stove to every Habitat for Humanity house since 1999.

• Combination wall oven: The combination microwave and convection oven is built into the wall to resemble a traditional oven.

• AccuPop: Using a sound sensor, the microwave detects the correct time to stop cooking popcorn.

• Steam cooking: Steam settings let you steam vegetables or add moisture to any dish.

• Extra-large capacity: Whirlpool goes a step beyond most large-capacity sizes with this 2.2 cubic-feet model.

• Best for: Commercial kitchens, large families and small families. The sizes and functions of the range are best for frequent use.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs