2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Don't buy. Purchased over the range microwave. Service order less than a week after install. Heats unevenly. Burns center of bacon consistently without fully cooking ends. Popcorn pops half the kernels yet Whirlpool says nothing wrong with product. Well within 1 year warranty but had to pay for service call cause Whirlpool determined microwave was operating as manufactured. Laughable! This company does not stand behind their product or their customers. Never again will I purchase a Whirlpool product.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Never ever go for Whirlpool. It has the worst customer service. We brought an oven but accidentally we broke the inner oven plate. We called up the customer care person on 18002081800 and tried asking him the dimensions of the plate pr at least how we could reorder it. He never listened to us. He just got our details. Said that technician will come at 11am tomorrow and disconnected the call when we were trying to explain what our query is all about. Is that all the respect a customer deserves!? Is that how whirlpool trains their service people!? He doesn't even have the basic courtesy to listen to the customer, I wonder how was he even recruited as a customer care person. If you want at least your basic respect, please DON'T BUY WHIRLPOOL.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Our countertop Whirlpool microwave oven is just over two years old and one of the led lights in the clock display just went out. The push-button opening mechanism is very hard to work and quite loud when the door is shut. When the timer is set but the start button is not activated for a few minutes, the "door" warning goes on and you have to reset the timer. There are five beeps that indicate when cooking is done and they continue even when the door is opened. The only way to stop them is to push the stop button and there is no way to adjust the noise level or number of beeps.

Original review: June 29, 2020

There is a melted hole in my Whirlpool microwave. The model WMH53520CS is on the recall list for this but not my serial number. Other have posted this and theirs was not covered. This should never happen. I have never had a microwave do this. If I have to replace it I won’t buy Whirlpool ever again.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Our microwave is less than 8 months old, hardly used and only for heating items. Besides the point, being under a year old. It began to make noise and pop, spark sounds with the smell of burning wires and promptly stopped working. We called the customer service line and began the long frustrating circle of completely bizarre conversation. Maintaining our belief this is a fire hazard and not wanting it in our home they insist on a repair person coming after trying to sell us Extended warranty, Why would we want Extended warranty when the warranty is NO warranty, it seems, whatsoever.

After requesting to speak to a supervisor 3 times. A overly bubbly person comes on the repeat same spiel and to make an appointment for 1 week away from 8am to 4pm to be available for a phone call to make an appointment to see about repair on said fire hazard microwave that is less than a year old. This appointment is made with repair place and they too are confused and noted Whirlpool said this is not covered under warranty, and they too would contact them.

Today Whirlpool Canada calls and gives number to repair place to book appointment, Hello we already have one and the frustrating verbal dance continues. 5 minutes after this call the repair place calls, as whirlpool contacted them as well to book appointment, which we both could agree this is the bizarrest situation since we already have an appointment, from their appointment. We keep saying we feel unsafe, this is a fire hazard. Which they completely ignore. This is unacceptable and extremely poor service.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased a Whirlpool oven 14 months ago. I just paid it off 2 months ago. The oven stopped heating. I talked to Whirlpool... and basically because I did not purchase the extented warranty I am SOL. I will never buy a product from them again. Complete junk.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I had my kitchen remodeled and purchased a Whirlpool built in electric microwave and lower oven combo (Models WOC54E and WOC95E). I selected this product because it had the right dimensions for my kitchen and I thought Whirlpool was a quality brand. Well I was completely incorrect about the latter point. Within just a few months, I noticed a drip line in the microwave door, between the outer and inner panel that could not be accessed to clean. I barely used the appliance and had no explosions in the unit that would account for this unsightly stain. When I called Whirlpool, they told me that cleaning and resealing the microwave door was not covered by warranty, and if I fixed the problem, then I would invalidate the warranty on the appliance. I had no choice but to live with this drip line, which has now been joined by others. I can think only that this is caused by condensation and that the door is permeable to moisture.

Then there is the oven: When it is in use and for at least 30 min after, the fan on the unit is deafening. Not just a little noisy, but really loud. This is my first experience with Whirlpool and its products, and I would NEVER purchase others. They are not inexpensive and are clearly of substandard quality. The fact that Whirlpool is prepared to put a defective product on the market and then not be prepared to fix problems with the unit is appalling. DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We purchased the microwave. It looked nice and seemed sturdy. I bought a trim kit to make it look Built in. As soon as I finished installing the microwave and kit we tried to use it. My wife could not get the door to open unless she pushed the door button hard several times. I checked to see if the trim kit was causing the problem and it was not. We kept trying to get the door to open as it should but could not make it work correctly. I even used a little lubricant and it did not help. We then looked up the reviews and saw this was a prevalent problem. We then returned the unit and trim and ordered a Samsung. It will be in on the 25th of March. I placed a review on Lowe's site but Whirlpool removed it saying since I took it back they removed the negative review. Since it was defective I wanted the public to see the truth on this unit.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Whirlpool microwave oven a few months old stopped working. Customer service center not helpful with prolonged holds (>30 minutes), no response to email, and amazingly no response to live chat. The 800 number was busy at one point for over an hour. When I finally did get thru, there was no coordination with local repair men, and a factory delay on the parts. I am going on 6 weeks without a functioning microwave and 3 kids at home. Thanks Whirlpool.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I replaced all of the appliances in my kitchen in my vacation home with Whirlpool appliances in black less than a year ago. Since that time everything has fallen apart. The plastic is cheap quality. Microwave door fell off because it cracked in half. Two of the knobs on the stove I found on the floor in the morning because the plastic apparently broke with the temperature change overnight. The company wants as much money to replace the microwave door as the microwave cost, I haven’t even checked on the knobs yet but I think it’s time after less than a year to go ahead and update the kitchen again with better quality appliances.. and to be clear temperature change, this house is in San Diego California, there is no other explanation that either cheap parts or the temperature change and the company doesn’t seem to care so we will use a company with a little better quality this time ..

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool has a broad range of home appliances available, including washing machines and microwaves. The company is dedicated to helping its customers take better care of themselves and their families.

• Humanitarian aid: Whirlpool has donated a refrigerator and a stove to every Habitat for Humanity house since 1999.

• Combination wall oven: The combination microwave and convection oven is built into the wall to resemble a traditional oven.

• AccuPop: Using a sound sensor, the microwave detects the correct time to stop cooking popcorn.

• Steam cooking: Steam settings let you steam vegetables or add moisture to any dish.

• Extra-large capacity: Whirlpool goes a step beyond most large-capacity sizes with this 2.2 cubic-feet model.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team