This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
The microwave performs great. It heats the food with no problems. The heat seems to penetrate throughout the meat and not just on the ends. Defrosting takes minutes instead of all day in water. The light is adjustable for bright and dim to use as the dome light for the kitchen. It has a fan to draw out the heat, and it works great not to be vented. I have enjoyed my microwave.
Last night at 2am, my microwave (less than 2 years old) caught fire in my townhome. My tenant woke to fire alarms and called the fire department. The home was full of smoke, and the microwave was taken down. I contacted a licensed electrician who came to the property today and verified that no wiring was harmed and that the microwave was in fact the direct problem. This could have been a lot worse, but am glad my tenant was unharmed. She is having some breathing problems and may go stay somewhere else since she is having some heart conditions and currently doing a stress test.
Installed a GE Over the Range Microwave Oven - JVM3160DF2WW on April 28, 2015. As of Aug 25th, it no longer heats food and makes a terrible sound when turned on. Too expensive to try to fix, so we will be replacing it with a different brand after reading all of the reviews here.
The cover on my GE Spacemaker Microwave caught on fire! Model JVM1540DM5WW. After doing research I see this has been a common problem. Is there currently a recall? Feel unsafe with this product and looking for help how to resolve this matter.
GE Microwave Oven model jvm3160df2ww. Not even 6 months old, won't turn on. Light keeps blinking and microwave clicks. Piece of junk. Should have known better to purchase as we've had trouble with other GE appliances. Would like to know if there is a recall on this product.
- 2,044,089 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Ours came with the purchase of the home. We have a second microwave by Oster on the counter-top and do not even use this one. There are cracks in the door and a yellowing of the walls inside. The cracks are very disturbing but were deemed "cosmetic" and it "happens with wear and tear". I still do not trust that assessment. It was over the phone sight unseen.
Former GE employee (not the Appliance Group). Spacemaker over stove Microwave oven F3 function issue at a rental property. Advised to replace the circuit board behind the control panel. However, after reading through all of the threads posted w/ a variety of both product and service issues I have decided to simply purchase a replacement oven today and it will not be GE. Not logical to feed a beast w/ problems and an apathetic attitude in problem resolution. All the staff meeting talk each week w/ no corrective action doesn't buy consumer confidence.
Our first was installed in 2001. We sold the house a year later. The new owners told us it died within a year. Our second was installed in 1996; we bought the house in 2002. It died within a year- ran nonstop unless we unplugged it. 280 dollars to fix, and that got us less than another year of use. When it died the second time, we opted for a countertop unit, leaving the other still installed and unusable.
Finally 5 years or so ago, we replaced the built-in with another GE. The lining of the top was flaking off within 3 years, as another reviewer noted. Finally at about 5 years, it started beeping and flashing that there was a malfunction and it needed a new control panel. We replaced that, and the touch pad refused to respond. We replaced THAT, and within two weeks it was doing the same behavior (running nonstop unless we unplugged it) as its predecessor. The countertop oven worked fine for years- those are well made and durable. The built-ins, though - let's just say you could not pay me to own another GE built-in.
This 4 year old microwave has two lights which shine down on our regular stove. The lights are high intensity and are enclosed in a small area, with a piece of glass that is within a metal frame that swings down for changing. The issue is the light heats up so much within the tiny enclosed space that it burns out quickly or the socket, which is made of metal encased in plastic, falls apart. The socket has fallen apart twice now. The first time, I paid around $120 to have a repairman change the socket. This time, the bulb separated from its base which is fused to the socket, and the plastic exterior disintegrated. I am not going to have it repaired, but will live with it until I throw it out. Poor overall design. Any designer would have to be aware of the tremendous heat that would be created and exist in such a small space. I will not buy a GE appliance again.
Purchase a GE JVM 1540DMWW from Home Depot in Nov 2012. We are snow birds resident in Florida for 5 1/2 months. Microwave installed Feb 2013. Total usage of 1 time per week for time here (15 months) is about 60 times at the most. Tonight (Nov 2015) a hole appeared in the ceiling. Called GE and was told it was under warranty and to make appointment - $89 for visit plus parts and labour - cost could be $200 or more. Said this was ridiculous - will replace with another brand. Never GE again. Be around $200 depending on part - wow! Only cost $200 new.
GE Spacemaker Microwaves Company Information
- Company Name:
- GE Washing Machines
- Company Type:
- Ticker Symbol:
- United States