Save on Appliance Repairs

Compare Quotes
Viking Dishwashers
3.95/5

Viking Dishwashers

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

80 Viking Dishwashers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 3, 2015

My dishwasher was recalled due to fire hazard. It stopped working. They would NOT fix it for free. Then silverware basket fell apart with very little use. I called Viking in Concord, CA and spoke to a woman who works for Viking. She said she could order a replacement silverware basket for my tenant (The house and dishwasher is hundreds of miles away so I had no idea of its size.). I paid for the basket and was told it would arrive in 3 weeks. After two MONTHS, it had not arrived, per tenant. I called the appliance store and they called the lady in Concord and she said it had been shipped out twice. However, this proved not to be the case at all. When I spoke to her, she said that due to the fact that the dishwasher was 4 years old and discontinued, she couldn't find any baskets. She had none available and had made no progress in finding me one.

She never once bothered to contact me, or the store for two months to inform of us of the situation. She could not give me the size or any helpful information so I could search for it myself. I went out online and found a website that locates parts and I had one ordered in 5 minutes. After I spent $20,000 on VIKING appliances, I have much regret. I will never buy from them again and beware, this is how they will treat you, too.

Original review: May 19, 2015

I purchased all Viking appliances thinking they were high quality. Unfortunately, I had problems from the start...especially with the dishwasher. Like many other customers, the silverware basket began falling apart within the first year. I complained to Viking and left with the impression they just don't care if you are satisfied or not. I can't stand the thought of paying up to $80 for a new Viking basket- after paying so much $$$ for the dishwasher in the first place- so I am still using the broken one currently held together with zip ties. If that wasn't enough, the "start" button on the top edge that turns the machine ON failed. That cost me close to $200 to replace one tiny electronic part. I have a small apartment size dishwasher in one of my rental units I paid only 1/4 of what I did for my Viking and it cleans dishes so much BETTER than my expensive Viking. DO NOT BUY VIKING APPLIANCES. You will regret it.

Original review: May 18, 2015

OMG do not purchase under any circumstance unless you want to overpay for a dish drying rack. I've had it 2 years and it has gone down more than 8 times and it take an eternity to get repaired. They use breakable plastic in all stress points, the plastic latch keeps breaking, over and over and over again again again. Each time it breaks it's a month of downtime and I hate doing dishes by hand. Been without a working dishwasher for over 4 months in last 2 years. Nightmare. It is a good drying rack after you have hand washed everything. Always breaks during major holidays. Plastic plastic plastic makes this a super unreliable low quality product. Do not buy.

Original review: May 13, 2015

Faulty control board on Series 325 dishwasher. Two year old unit was no longer under warranty of course. No help whatsoever from Viking. Replacement Viking control board costs 4 times a Whirlpool board. Nothing special about Viking model other than the name. I will never buy another Viking appliance.

Original review: May 4, 2015

Got Viking appliances with new home. Big mistake. Especially the dishwasher. Does not dry dishes. Takes forever and now it has stopped cleaning hem too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: April 19, 2015

We bought a Viking stove, hood/microwave, and dishwasher when we remodeled for our dream kitchen. Each appliance has had problems. First the bottom of the utensil basket disintegrated. It was flimsy and brittle after a few months of use. Brand specific replacement, $70 from our local appliance store. Fewer than 20 months later the control panel on top acted up. The appliance repair person said it would be at least 6 weeks to get a replacement part, if it was even available. It would cost, with installation, over $300. The stove has had several problems, the microwave/hood has problems. None of this was covered under any warranty. For a low end product the performance would be poor. Because it's expensive, we'd say it was abysmal.

Original review: April 19, 2015

I bought the whole line of Viking also and right away the built in refrigerator didn't work, the condensation heater didn't work and water leaked all over my new floor. Then the dishwasher pump didn't work, got it fixed twice after missing several days of work first for service to come out and diagnose the problem then to come back and replace the part. It still does not clean well and always has water on the bottom that gets stinky.

I purchased the FDB451 and didn't realize I had to order the stainless steel front separately. Both the seller Pacific Sales, and Viking have a part in this. The Viking microwave is not installed correctly and the door sticks. Very disappointed in all of it. Even the Viking hood did not come with the heat lamp or lights and is not all that quiet. The fridge is a joke for the $8000 it cost. No water dispenser and the one door is a pain to open all the way to roll the tray out. It is good at cooling off the rest of my house though...

Original review: March 24, 2015

We bought a home and had the full line of Viking appliances put in the home. The dishwasher has broken down roughly 6 times in 4 1/2 years of use with a family of 4. The worst part is that once it breaks down it takes about a week to get a service tech to your home and EVERY TIME Viking needs to order parts. Parts take 4-6 weeks to arrive!!! So every time the Viking dishwasher breaks down we have no dishwasher for about a month to a month and half. So in 4 1/2 years our Viking dishwasher has been off of service for about 6 months. Customer service will not help and you CANNOT get transferred to a supervisor. Viking rep REFUSES to transfer us for additional help.

I have NEVER seen such poor service with any company let alone one with appliances at the high price point of Viking. The plastic in the refrig cracks and has been replaced 3-4 times in 4 years!! DO NOT BUY VIKING IS MY BEST ADVISE. It is not worth the money and NO customer service!! I have to give them a rating but, 1 Star is TOO HIGH!!

Original review: March 22, 2015

Horrible dishwasher. A yard hose would do a better job. The top tray was never stable so I threw it out! Now we have only the bottom tray. Sometimes I literally have to start and restart up to 7 times for the cycle to catch. Btw, Viking refrigerator works exception but the clear hard plastic interior trays/covers cracked every three months. After the third time they replaced the butter cover, meat cover, etc. I was advised they would no longer honor the warranty. Redic company!

Original review: March 19, 2015

4 to 5 years ago we bought a Viking dishwasher to replace our other one because we couldn't stand the noise. This one was quiet at first and ran pretty good. After the first year it left the dishes wet and ran for four hours. But first we had to reset it five or six times to get it to even run. Today we are buying a Bosch. The Viking caught on fire today and lucky for us it threw the circuit breaker before it got out of hand. Never touching a Viking again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

Four years ago we bought Viking appliances and Christine, the Stephen King creation, took over the dishwasher. One replacement and 4 repairmen later, blowup. From my wife's FB post: "We had a little post-Christmas surprise today... the Viking dishwasher backed up, flooded our newly refinished hardwood floors, newly painted basement and new carpets." "You could of water skied through our kitchen this morning. Then the laws of gravity took over and you could have water skied though my downstairs office. Guess what the Viking Distributor is getting for a New Year's present... I hope he has a big, solid and waterproof desk!"

Original review: Dec. 19, 2014

I purchase a new Viking dishwasher 2 years ago and it has worked a total of 6 months. The other 18 months, we were getting repairs done on it. Model # VDB450ESS. We have been fighting with the company to honor a replacement and they refuse. I would never recommend any Viking appliances.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

Where do I begin. 4 and half years ago, we remodeled our home and bought Viking appliances which we have been very happy with EXCEPT for the horrible, horrible dishwasher. It has NEVER worked properly, EVER. So much so that after 2 years, I got Viking to replace it with a new one and it's still doesn't work well. It spontaneously starts beeping, non-stop, the cycle takes FOREVER. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. A friend recommended to get a less expensive one, stainless steel but that will work better. That's all from me.... Grrr.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

Would NOT recommend to anyone a Viking dishwasher... Purchased Viking products for newly constructed home 2 years ago. Because it had the "Viking" name I thought it was a trusted brand. Lesson learned big time to do the homework prior to a purchase. My Viking dishwasher mirrors the innumerable complaints in this thread... It's loud, cycle lasts 3-4 hours (absurd), never dries OR cleans completely... and also has a funny smell. I must also mention the design internally... machines priced at 1K less are more functional and hold more.

ONE MONTH AGO as I started washer it made a grinding noise. I located authorized dealer that handles Viking appliances still under warranty (mind you Houston 4th largest city in US and they have one (1) authorized dealer for entire city). It took one (1) week to get an initial appointment - tech arrived week two (2) diagnosed problem, drain pump broken and placed order for new part. Week three (3) I was phoned by authorized dealer and told part SHOULD arrive week five (5) and only given a TENTATIVE timeline as to when to expect tech to return. Needless to say I am not a happy camper, and it should not take over 5 weeks to service a dishwasher. More expensive is NOT always better and VIKING is a perfect example. My advice: DON’T BUY VIKING - do your research!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

I bought my home 2 1/2 yrs ago with a really beautiful kitchen. All appliances are Viking and the agent kept telling me they are the best products on the market.

We have the two drawer pull out dishwashers. From the time we bought the house they do not clean anything properly. I have had technicians out various times, some telling us that cascade powder doesn't work and we must use gel capsules. Even if we wash the dishes thoroughly before they don't come out clean. I need them to work as they match everything in my kitchen.

My viking microwave also doesn't work properly so I just use it to reheat. This house was remodelled around 5 yrs ago and from the time we moved in it was terrible. Who needs to clean dishes thoroughly before putting them in the dishwasher to find them still marked when you take them out. My daughter has the same crockery set and has a cheap dishwasher and hers come out spotless. Please someone help me as I need everything to match in my kitchen. Viking service are a waste of time and money. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

Not going to go long. I will say that the dishwasher has never worked right. Leaks, fails to start, doesn't clean well and finally went up in smoke. This appliance is made by Bosch for Viking so don't go running to them thinking you're going to get an upgrade. Just terrible. The fridge? It leaks, it's complicated and makes strange noises. Oh and the shelves just randomly break and are very expensive to fix. Customer service? They have none. The times I have actually gotten through to a person have been "accidentally" erased from their logs. I am so sorry I bought this stuff. What an incredible waste of money.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

I am hoping (but not optimistic, after reading these reviews) that my Viking dishwasher can be fixed. Model # is VDB301SS. We moved to a new home over the summer & as much as I have loved my new kitchen, I HATE this dishwasher!! Isn't Viking "supposed" to be top-of-the-line?? This is not cutting the mustard--literally!! I have to SCRUBBB everything before putting it in & once cycle is finished, everything is still very wet. UGHHH! It goes through the motions & makes you think it's cleaning, but really isn't. (Kinda like my 10 yr old....) Missing my Whirlpool Gold series. :-(

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

Dishwasher 1: The on-off switch has failed 4 times! The first time was covered under warranty. The exact same problem kept occurring after the warranty expired. It was obviously defective from the beginning. After paying for the repair twice, Viking agreed to cover the part but I had to pay for labor again. Dishwasher 2: Leaked and needed a $350 repair in less than 4 years!

I live in a major city and very few service companies service Viking. Appointments take weeks to schedule and parts are not stocked locally. Hence, I have waited up to 6 weeks for repairs by the time they come to diagnose the problem, order the parts and then come back to install. BTW, the Viking customer support people are friendly but are not able/authorized to do anything to accommodate on issues or expedite the process. I like my Viking gas cook top, double oven and microwave (have had Viking in 4 houses now), but I will NEVER buy anything Viking again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2014

This is an awful machine. I just had it repaired again and have decided to not bother with it anymore and will buy a replacement Bosch. The service people have been out to repair it so often that we have become almost friends. They comment that Viking is ruining their reputation. I have waited for parts repeatedly. The start button service people joke about how often it breaks. No wonder it is on back order as they probably do not make enough of them to keep them in stock given the replacement rate. When I commented to an experienced appliance salesperson that I had a Viking Dishwasher he said I have his condolences.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

I purchased a Viking range, refrigerator and dishwasher in 2012. Since then, I have had repairmen to replace leaking water in the back of the fridge, replace the front control panel for the range ($1000 and 3 months waiting period for part), and have had the repairman come 7 times for the dishwasher - which is still not working. He has told me that he doesn't know how to repair it - has tried replacing the sensor, drain pump, taken it all apart. When I try to phone the 1888 845 4641 number, I get music for 10 minutes then a message that no one is available to take my call. What do I do next?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

VDB450SS - I'd like to save time on writing about what is WRONG with this appliance. All I can say is that this dishwasher has never been reliable since day one. Problems are various. We have to spend so much time and money on fixing it ourselves. Today will be my last attempt to try to make it work. There's no help or customer service from Viking company, other than you're out of warranty and luck!. I would never buy or recommend anyone to buy anything from Viking. I am surprised that they are not already out of business.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2014

2006 we Purchased Dishwasher and Refrigerator Viking appliances, IT'S A BIG MISTAKE! Both of this appliances are junk and you are not getting for what you paid for. What Happen to American made products? It's probably better of buying foreign appliances because they have quality product. I hate to say this but American Made product are going down to tube.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

Have had problems with Viking dishwasher from day one!!! Seems like I am not the only one!!! Ever heard of Class Action suit????? I am sick and tired of having to unload this dishwasher of dirty dishes because dishwasher won't start!!!! Serviceman is an hour away!!! Viking is shameful and needs to be held accountable!!!!! I own the stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator! Would had gone with Wolf had I known Viking was so cheaply made!! My products aren't even 5 years old and rarely used!!! Really thought I was improving my remodeled kitchen.... I was wrong! I want my money back!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

Electronic control in door failed within the first year - replaced under guarantee. After 2 years water leaked because of a torn rubber door seal. At 3 and 1/2 years, while replacing another rubber door seal, discovered that the metal internal bar to which the bottom of the door attached had rusted and sealing screws no longer attached. Am completely disgusted with this supposed 'premium' and 'professional' dishwasher (actually, according to its back, made by Electrolux as is the Viking 'Pro' refrigerator) - no one at Viking will discuss this, and at least one customer service person told me I was 'out of guarantee and out of luck'.

Will NEVER purchase a Viking appliance again! Their quality is suspect but the lack of customer support is evident.

Original review: July 28, 2014

We bought a brand new Viking Professional 301 Series Built-In Dishwasher when we moved into a new townhouse 18 months ago. It hasn't worked in a month, although we have had 4 service calls and 4 parts replacements in 3 weeks - after the last visit it flooded the kitchen floor after the tech left. I think we have had 8 service calls in 18 months. There is obviously a problem with the dishwasher (it has been discontinued) however Viking refuses to consider replacing it.

Viking does not stand by their product - rather than provide us with a working unit, they prefer to jerry-rig a series of failing repairs. This is one of the worst customer service experiences we have ever had. I would not recommend Viking to anyone. I understand that appliances fail, however for us the failure has been the integrity and quality of Viking Customer Service. What a disappointment.

Original review: July 21, 2014

We installed all Viking appliances with a new house purchase, including a Viking Dishwasher that lasted for six years before it stopped working. Purchased a replacement dishwasher and it started leaking water after about 11 months. It also does not dry the dishes well and sometimes smells. It took over four months, several repair visits and complaints to BBB before Viking replaced the defective dishwasher with a new dishwasher. Barely six months later, the new dishwasher is again leaking. Contacted Viking and they scheduled for repair service with local repair dealer. Repair technician comes over about a month ago and diagnosed the issue and ordered the parts.

Several weeks later, after I contacted them regarding the status of the parts, they scheduled a repair service appointment and changed the entire front door of the dishwasher. Technician ran the dishwasher for about five minutes and declares the problem fixed. Over the next few days, after running the cycle through (the dishwasher takes approximately 3-4 hours to run through a cycle), I noticed that the leak continues in the center of the dishwasher, albeit not as extensively as before the front door was changed, but definitely a noticeable leak. Contacted the local repair company who stated that I need to contact Viking directly as they have done everything Viking told them to do. Contacted Viking and I now being told they need to contact the regional service manager as to the next steps. In my previous experience, waiting on the next directive from the regional service manager took months.

What I do not understand is the fact that Viking is well aware of the issue with their leaking dishwashers and they have not taken the time to find a permanent fix for the problem. I have had other dishwashers before from other brands and did not experience the issues and leaks that I am experiencing with the Viking brand.

I also had an issue with my Viking refrigerator leaking 8 years ago.... They attempted to fix the leak, including sending the engineers who designed the refrigerator from Mississippi to my home to fix the problem; all to no avail. Viking ended up replacing the refrigerator when all their repair efforts failed. The replacement refrigerator has worked out fine for the most part. Can't say the same for the replacement dishwasher.

Right now, the waiting game continues. I had to involve BBB the last time this happened to even get responses from Viking. I am thinking of initiating another complaint with BBB but will first give Viking a few days to see what they come up with. Not happy about the inconvenience that my family and I have been subjected to from Viking's defective products.

Original review: June 25, 2014

From the time I bought 2 top-of-the-line Viking dishwashers, I have had problems. I am noticing that most people in this room experienced similar "laissez-faire" attitude from Viking who must have bounced me from one representative to another a good 5 times over the years, only to tell me that my warranty ran out. One lady tried to help me but was swiftly replaced and I never got the attention this needed. $4500 spent and most wash (all of them) end with error/fault codes and need resetting.

This message, I hope, will discourage people from being lured into believing that Viking is a stand up company and that they place good emphasis on making sure the client is taken care of. Additionally, where I think they really should rethink the way they treat clients, is that in my case, I am looking to replace refrigerator, freezer and 60 inch cooking surface. They will be missing out on this (however small) amount of revenues. If anyone gets thru to management or customer service for any kind of help, I would like to know about it as I am not yet able to replace it for a competitor and would still like Viking to make me whole on this bad purchase.

Original review: May 29, 2014

Less than 2 years old is making noises and doesn't clean. Called Viking, they don't have anybody in Erie that wants to repair it. Everybody runs away from my dishwasher. The same people that have serviced my Gaggenau, Bosch and Sub Zeros don't want anything to do with my Viking dishwasher. Professional, what a joke. We have barely used it and is already broken. The worst part is customer service. No help at all. I'm cutting my losses and ditching this piece of junk.

Original review: April 13, 2014

Broken for 4 months.. Repairman kept ordering new parts.. Came again yesterday and said needs to order more parts.. We are all done . Ordering a Bosch this week.. The dishwasher is 3 years old and inside is rusting.. What a piece of junk!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

In Dec. 2013, I began to have an issue with my Viking Dishwasher, purchased the previous March. It made a honking noise when changing cycles. I called Viking, got the name of their local authorized service company, and had that company come out. That was visit one. Need a part. Part ordered and service rep returns (Visit two). Dishwasher apparently repaired, but malfunctions the next time I used it - this time the audible warning beep won't stop. Call the repairman, who comes back and, you guessed it, needs to order a part (Visit three). When he returns and installs the part, the beep still won't stop, so apparently it is the wrong part (This completes visit four). Today he came for the fifth time and, you guessed it, apparently the part he replaced in one of the earlier visits is broken.

Compounded the fact that I have been without a dishwasher for seven weeks is the terrible response I get when I try to contact Viking. The only time I was able to reach the company easily was in December. Since then, I am rerouted, given the wrong person, put on hold, etc. More important, apparently Viking has moved the consumer service warranty department to various locations, none of which have access to Viking's warranty records for its existing customers. I have given my serial number to three different Viking company reps over the course of my phone calls to the company, but apparently Viking either doesn't have a system that records this information or its system is not available to the reps assigned to handle customer warranty calls. Now this may make sense to someone, but that someone is not me. I do hope that my Viking fridge, range, and microwave, all purchased at the same time as the dishwasher, never malfunction. I certainly would not have bought any of these products if I had know how terrible the warranty customer interaction is.

Viking Dishwashers Company Information