2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

4.6/5 (64 ratings)

About Verde Energy

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: May 11, 2021

My experience with Verde has been excellent so far. I was originally locked in at a one-year rate with my other provider, but they were only willing to offer a six-month renewal for me and it was at a higher rate than a lot of the competitors. It was another cent and a half higher than what I was locked into the prior year before that I was paying too. When I brought it to their attention that other providers were offering at lower costs, they told me that there was nothing they could do for me. At that point, I had no reason to stay with them. There was no fee for switching at the time because my time of use was up, so I decided to go with Verde. It was mostly for the cost factor at the time and the fact that they were offering a locked-in two-year contract. That was awesome.

Verde Energy response

Its great to hear that you shopped around before choosing to enroll with Verde. We appreciate your business and your review.

Original review: May 4, 2021

The last company I had was very good and while Verde Energy is 2/10 of a cent more, it's guaranteed for three years. That's what I like. I also sent in a rebate and I got it back promptly. When people ask me who I have, I tell them and I tell them I have nothing but positive experiences.

Verde Energy response

We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with us. Thank you for your business and your feedback.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Being in the Northeast, we're depending on the West to have enough wind and solar power to make up the difference using Verde. This is the first time we're hooked up with them and we're gonna wait and see if the rates go up, then it could be an issue. We're signed up with them as an energy supplier through Met-Ed and they’re supposed to be energy efficient.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your feedback. We can assure you that your rate will remain fixed for the duration of your contract and you can expect a notice to remind you when it's time to renew so you can avoid a rate increase due to a variable rate.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I've had Verde since December and service stays the same. My bill depends on my consumption. It’s about the same and I'm comfortable with it.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our service. Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I'm happy with Verde Energy's services. You should take it, too.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave us a review.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I was with another company out of Connecticut and their rates got really bad. When it was time for me to switch and I got the paperwork from Verde, the rate was good. I jumped on it and my experience has been wonderful. We just got our $50 gift card in the mail and I've had no problems. Everything they've said they'd do, they've done, so I'm very happy with them. We're also very much interested in green and saving the environment and the ecology, so that was a plus for us.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you're happy with us and that you received your $50 rebate. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your energy supplier.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Verde seemed like a good choice. The price was right and there was no contract that I had to adhere to. They were the best this time, so that's what's used.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for choosing Verde Energy to be your supplier. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2021

It's been a very nice experience. I was with them before, but my price is not as good this time. I'm gonna see how it works out. Their reps have very good knowledge and professionalism.

Verde Energy response

It's great that you had a nice experience; however, we're sorry that you aren't satisfied with your rate. The rates we offer can fluctuate depending on the market condition but we strive to keep our prices competitive. If you have questions or concerns about your current plan, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Verde Energy is good and if anyone would ask about them, I would say, “I am using it and if you want, I can give you a number for them, and you can use them.”

Verde Energy response

Thank you for leaving your feedback. If you recommend family or friends using your unique referral code, you can earn incentives. To learn more about the referral program, don't hesitate to contact us.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Verde's price was a lot cheaper than what I was paying. Then I was told it was a $100 rebate, but I only got $50. I haven't had a chance to call on it. So far, everything's going very good. They're very easy to deal with.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. Please be aware that the rebate is split into two portions after the 1st and 6th month of service. If you need assistance with completing the rebate forms, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care line.

Verde Energy Company Information