2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

4.5/5 (61 ratings)

About Verde Energy

Verde Energy provides green energy and natural gas plans in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Join over 250,000 residential and business customers who have already switched to Verde Energy USA. New customers get up to a $100 rebate for signing up on select plans and there is no cancellation fee!

Verde Energy Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verde Energy?

Original review: June 2, 2021

Green energy products are always better. So if I can help in that way by going with Verde Energy, that's good. So far, my experience with them has been very simple and I've had no problems.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We absolutely agree that green energy is better! We appreciate your business and your thoughts.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I searched around for green energy options, and Verde Energy was a competitive fixed rate. Signing up was seamless. The promotions helped out as well. Everything looks good.

Verde Energy response

We appreciate your feedback regarding our rates and enrollment process. Thank you for your business.

Original review: May 11, 2021

My experience with Verde has been excellent so far. I was originally locked in at a one-year rate with my other provider, but they were only willing to offer a six-month renewal for me and it was at a higher rate than a lot of the competitors. It was another cent and a half higher than what I was locked into the prior year before that I was paying too. When I brought it to their attention that other providers were offering at lower costs, they told me that there was nothing they could do for me. At that point, I had no reason to stay with them. There was no fee for switching at the time because my time of use was up, so I decided to go with Verde. It was mostly for the cost factor at the time and the fact that they were offering a locked-in two-year contract. That was awesome.

Verde Energy response

Its great to hear that you shopped around before choosing to enroll with Verde. We appreciate your business and your review.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We were with FirstEnergy and we got some letter, which we found out later was from another company trying to scare us into picking them. We could have stayed with the same company we had, but we didn't because at that point, we thought FirstEnergy was no longer going to cover our area. I got online, and Verde Energy company was the cheapest. They gave us the best rate. It was a fixed rate and that's something else that we were looking into.

I signed us up for Verde and everybody's been super. I didn't have to call FirstEnergy to switch over. They took care of everything for me and I appreciated that. We also got a $50 rebate, but we're concerned because our electric bill is much higher than it ever was with FirstEnergy or with West Penn Power before that. During this pandemic, and with work being scarce and we're retired, it's tough with those electric bills creeping up. Other than lowering the rate though, we never noticed anything wrong with our past servers and everything has been smooth.

Verde Energy response

We sorry to hear of the situation that caused you to leave your original supplier; however, we're happy that you chose us to be your new supplier. Thank you for sharing your experience so far.

Original review: May 4, 2021

The last company I had was very good and while Verde Energy is 2/10 of a cent more, it's guaranteed for three years. That's what I like. I also sent in a rebate and I got it back promptly. When people ask me who I have, I tell them and I tell them I have nothing but positive experiences.

Verde Energy response

We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with us. Thank you for your business and your feedback.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Being in the Northeast, we're depending on the West to have enough wind and solar power to make up the difference using Verde. This is the first time we're hooked up with them and we're gonna wait and see if the rates go up, then it could be an issue. We're signed up with them as an energy supplier through Met-Ed and they’re supposed to be energy efficient.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for your feedback. We can assure you that your rate will remain fixed for the duration of your contract and you can expect a notice to remind you when it's time to renew so you can avoid a rate increase due to a variable rate.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I've had Verde since December and service stays the same. My bill depends on my consumption. It’s about the same and I'm comfortable with it.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our service. Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I'm happy with Verde Energy's services. You should take it, too.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave us a review.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I was with another company out of Connecticut and their rates got really bad. When it was time for me to switch and I got the paperwork from Verde, the rate was good. I jumped on it and my experience has been wonderful. We just got our $50 gift card in the mail and I've had no problems. Everything they've said they'd do, they've done, so I'm very happy with them. We're also very much interested in green and saving the environment and the ecology, so that was a plus for us.

Verde Energy response

We're glad to hear that you're happy with us and that you received your $50 rebate. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your energy supplier.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Verde seemed like a good choice. The price was right and there was no contract that I had to adhere to. They were the best this time, so that's what's used.

Verde Energy response

Thank you for choosing Verde Energy to be your supplier. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Verde Energy Company Information