2.41/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

17 Thermador Refrigerators Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased my Thermador side by side refrigerator in 2010 (along with an oven and microwave wall unit). Recently, my refrigerator has started to malfunction. I called their customer service center and had them give me numbers (at least 8) for authorized repair centers. This proved useless as not even a Thermador certified technician will come to work on my unit.

After several phone calls to the Thermador customer service number and reminding them that they guarantee after-warranty service anywhere in Canada, they asked me to provide photos proving that I, in fact, owned a Thermador fridge. This ludicrous request being met (who would waste time and energy calling a Thermador 1-800 number if they owned another brand), they now say that I actually need to call Whirlpool because it is Whirlpool that makes this Thermador fridge. This company is not even willing to take ownership and responsibility of their very own branded product. A product for which they put their stamp on and charge big money. They have passed the problem onto someone else!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Bought a model T48BD820NS10 side-by-side refrigerator in August, 2015, along with a full kitchen set (DW, Oven, stove). A few short months out of warranty the ice maker seized up and would not work. The entire ice maker unit, including electronics, needed to be replaced. $800 later we are EXCEEDINGLY unhappy. Repairman said “I can’t even count the number of units I’ve replaced”. Went on to say they are made by Whirlpool and if replaced in a Whirlpool unit the cost is a fraction of the Thermador. He noted that the higher priced brands cost a lot more to repair. Just the two of us using the ice maker and neither use ice in our water and we don’t drink sodas. Shame on us for buying Thermador... and never again.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We purchased a Thermador T18IF900SP3 which is a stand alone freezer column in November of 2017. Periodically the high temp alarm would go off with readings around 29-33 degrees. It happened intermittently for several months so I finally called Thermador and connected us with their service representatives in our area, St Louis Appliance Repair. Visit one was exploratory and a new board needed and ordered.

A week-ish later part comes in and we schedule a visit in a few days. The tech comes out for visit two but the board did not work properly so the old one was put back in and another one ordered. The freezer continued to work with an occasional high temp warning. Visit three is a mirror image of visit 2. Yes a second board that does not work at all apparently. The old one is put back in (again) and the freezer works as good as before.

On visit 4 (Tuesday before Memorial Day) the new board is installed and supposedly works because the tech leaves it in but says the molex connector has a crimped connection. He takes pictures and sends to Mike ** at Thermador which is apparently Bosch or owned by Bosch. The next morning the high temp alarm is ringing away and the freezer is 60 degrees and food melted so we chuck it all out. It is now Friday - 4 days later - and Mike ** has apparently still not gotten back to St. Louis Appliance Repair.

I have called both S.T.A.R. and Thermador every day since Wednesday only to get another person saying "I"m sorry..." or "We're sorry..." but we are awaiting for a decision from the factory, we are awaiting a decision from management on replacement, we are awaiting on a decision from Mike **, we are awaiting a decision for the tech, we don't have your proof of purchase, "No we don't need your proof of purchase as St. Louis Appliance Repair will send it," (said Nakia) but they did NOT so I sent it, "We don't have the notes from St Louis Appliance Repair says Thermador"... What a never-ending run-around of poor customer service and process malfunction. So if you ask me if you should go with Thermador for your new kitchen? I WOULD SAY NO!!! And Bosch? If you own Thermador then how about Bosch for your new kitchen? PLEASE DON'T! We spent a fortune on all Thermador appliances. I would NEVER do it again.

So here we are about 5 weeks after St Louis Appliance Repair's first visit with the freezer working worse than before I made that fateful call for help. Will it ever get fixed? Not sure. Our family is coming in for Memorial Day Weekend for Mom's 90th Birthday and to see the new kitchen. Thermador your broken freezer will be propped open and shut off so it doesn't smell like mildew. Thanks.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Love our 36 inch wide counter depth refrigerator freezer. Very well built and heavy, compressor is quiet when running and exterior finish is excellent. Well lit inside and thoughtful side door storage. But due to depth, interior size is compromised.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I love this Thermador refrigerator; we have previously owned GE, which I did like as much. I like the double door top section versus side by side and the GE did not hold up as well. However, the freezer could be larger. Nevertheless, the unit is easy to clean and easy to store items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My husband and I had been planning on renovating our kitchen for three years before beginning construction. We finally made the big move and gutted from floor to ceiling redoing lighting, flooring, sheetrock, every part of the kitchen. We chose Thermador appliances after visiting many appliance stores and talking to friends that have Thermador. Also, when you are purchasing all new appliances the appliance package is hard to pass up. We debated on getting Sub Zero/Wolf because it was only $3,000 more but in the end decided on Thermador 2018 Freedom Refrigerator and Freezer much to our dismay.

We got our refrigerator first because both were on back order. Within the first 24 hours our refrigerator lights were not working properly and the unit switched off and on. We had to contact a repair person within the first day of having it. They replaced the main board at this time. We then finally received our freezer and again issues. Both appliances (2018 Freedom Refrigerator and Freezer) completely quit working within the first week. We are beyond frustrated and disappointed. The customer service at Thermador is terrible!!! I am wondering if anyone is having these issues and for anyone considering new appliances don't buy Thermador!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased the entire kitchen package from Thermador; fridge, freezer, double over, range top, microwave and upgraded dishwasher due to package incentives. Within five months the $5K+ refrigerator went out and needs the compressor, evaporator and filter dryer replaced. While the store I purchased from has been great in trying to remedy, I've gone a few weeks without it being repaired, Thermador originally left items off the repair order. While the refrigerator looks impressive, I would seriously look at Sub-zero or another brand, maybe a little more but you get what you pay for.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchased a $6250 (current retail price) 30 inch freezer column in 2009 when we built our home. 18 months after installation, the ice maker ceased working. No warranty. The freezer failed to cool 6 weeks ago. The part necessary to rectify the problem was also not covered -- just like the ice maker. We opted not to replace the ice maker, which would have resulted in a $700 charge and we paid approximately $350 to repair the current issue. It is unacceptable, and really borders on criminal, to incur these types of failures on a unit this new at a high end price point. I have an old GE fridge/freezer in the garage that was only several hundred dollars that is still working after 25 years. Shame on Thermador. I have several other Thermador appliances that are suboptimal. The Bosch washer died last Christmas after six service calls. Don't purchase Thermador or Bosch. You will be sorry!

Original review: July 15, 2017

This is a Thermador, built-in, French-door fridge/freezer (Model #T36IT800NP), only 2 yrs. old that cost approx. $8500, uninstalled, pre panels. The design is very poor to begin with. The shelves span all the way across the interior. Having split shelves that allow different height items (like most French door refrigerators) would allow far more versatility in storage. As it is, all tall items must go in the door which means condiments clutter up the only three shelves. Within the first year, the seal on the left door started to fail. Next was the ice maker (made by Samsung!). The water filter needs to be changed every 6 mos. The first change was fine, the second change was not recognized by the computer and the change filter display was constantly illuminated.

I had a service tech out who suggested I try another filter, perhaps my replacement was defective. I could ignore the display, but it quit making ice. Then it started making ice again sporadically. At this point, the tech suggested I order a new ice making unit and filter valve. Before I could even place the order, the machine went hyper and made so much ice it overflowed (supposed to have a sensor to prevent that) blocking the back of the freezer drawer so that it could not close. After removing the ice blockage, the flimsy top freezer shelf (which holds the ice bin) would not close and small piece of plastic that kept it in place fell off. Upshot, had to turn off the erratic ice maker, permanently remove the top shelf and bin, and we now have no ice mid-summer.

I did my research and had ordered a KitchenAid, problem with stocking and time crunch so ended up with this very expensive and disappointing model on the recommendation of the sales person. Massive mistake! Top of the line machines should NOT be made with cheap parts. It also appears that the warranty will not cover any of the parts or labor to replace. I've built many kitchens, but this is the first appliance that I've ever regretted purchasing. Caveat emptor!

Original review: April 3, 2017

Bought a high end, very expensive, 30" refrigerator from thermador. Less than a year after installation I noticed a crack in the unit itself (not a drawer or accessory). I called Thermador, and the best they would do for me is send out a tech to patch the crack with epoxy. Now, a year later, the crack is wide open again and getting bigger. Terrible, flimsy product. Not worth the $$$ and Thermador does not stand behind their products or honor their warranty. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

It's a perfect size!! You can hide it if you want and it don't take a lot of space! It doesn't make a sound and I love the design. The colour is black. It make my kitchen the best. The performance is the best! IT never stop working and it is always cold. It doesn't drop any water. It's easy to clean. It's a lot of space so it can have much in it! The products appearance is great. It look great and it fits the kitchen. Never been more satisfy in my life. It makes my kitchen whole! I can recommend it to other people. It makes my day and I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. My kitchen had improved to the best since I bought it!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

When choosing a built-in refrigerator, we considered the Sub-Zero and Thermador. We went with the Thermador because the design was similar to Sub-Zero and it was less expensive. I find the Thermador terribly noisy. In the kitchen, I feel like I am in a giant fish tank and turn on music as often as possible to drown out the sound. It's been a huge quality of life downgrade. As soon as we can afford to replace it, we will!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

The size was sufficient. Not to big. Not too small. Just right. Performance was stellar. It was really incredible. I really appreciated certain aspects that I never knew existed. Nothing but positive things to say about it. The appearance was good. Nothing to write home about, was satisfied overall I suppose. The value exceeded my expectations after using it. In fact, I don't think you can find a better value anywhere else.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The device is a decent size and fit the area we had for it. It didn't take much to get it in the right position for it to fit snugly. Very good performance of the device. We have had no issues with how it runs and we use it constantly. Only once have we had to unplug but that was during a power outage. Very nice looking machine with some nice trim details. This looks like a quality appliance and would help the looks of most any kitchen. I have enjoyed this refrigerator immensely and really like the brand and functions. If you're in the market you won't go wrong with this one.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

It was a good size for me because I live alone, but if you have family members I recommend a bigger one. However I found it useful and very spacious for my personal needs. It worked fine like any other freezer. The ice machine worked just fine as well and I never had any issues with it. Overall it was perfect for me. I do not care much for the way a freezer looks. The freezer though went perfectly with my kitchen and fit just right with the counter tops. I believe I paid a fair price for it. I also thought that for how long it lasted that it was worth the price and the time it took to install it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

The size was ok, enough for my family. We had used it for three and a half years but we have to buy another one as we changed our apartment. The product's performance was very good. We were happy to use it. It did not use much electricity which is extremely important for my family. The product appearance was nice. It looked very expensive and stylish. My friends always told me that they also like how it looks. I liked this refrigerator because of its value. We were happy to use it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

Many functions for the fridge and love the stainless steel. Has nice drawers that are interchangeable and a new modern design. Have purchased and would recommend to anyone looking for a new fridge. The refrigerator has a nice variety of settings to adjust the temperature. It also runs excellent and make lettuce and meats always stay crisp. The refrigerator has beautiful stainless steel door with a movable compartments so you can put a cake in there. The amount of room really helps because I can pack a fridge. Made it easier to have a lot of more storage and flexible cooling settings.

Ever since my old refrigerator, I've been looking to replace it since the late 90s. My old one was horribly outdated and didn't seem to hold my valuable food anymore. Purchasing this new one has changed my life for me and my family. This product was so high quality my aunt went and purchased one from one of the retailers. Amazing drawer spaces and high end LED lighting along with French doors. Perfect for my huge home gatherings and keeps beer cold.

Thermador Refrigerators Company Information