Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Refrigerators Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Same as others, problems with ice maker (my brother has the same fridge and same problems). Also, the glass shelf simply exploded when I ran it under hot water (after waiting for it to get to room temp). Not only will Thermador not acknowledge that, they want almost $300 to replace it and then don't even have a replacement in stock -- been waiting 3 months. I'll never buy another Thermador product.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

We purchased a complete Thermador package in 2015 that included the side by side fridge and freezer unit approximately $8000.00. The first 18 months, no problems. Then water/ice started to run down the inside of the freezer and interfering with the unit fan. Which then resulted in the temperature rising above freezing.

The certified Thermador repair folks have been out at least 6 times and have replaced almost all of the components of the freezer unit usually at a cost of $200 per visit. When working on the unit, they were in voice contact with the Thermador technicians doing what they were told. Each repair lasted 3-4 months and then water and ice began to run down the insides of the unit, same old problem. Thank heavens the local, certified tech is nice to work with and he is totally frustrated with the Thermador "experts". I would think Thermador would replace such a defective unit at cost or no cost. But not at this date. Working with the local tech we are going to send an itemized cost of repair to Thermador that has occurred over the past years and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

TO say I am disappointed in the Thermador Freezer and Fridge would be a understatement. This is a unit that is supposed to be on the same quality level as Sub-Zero and Wolf.... IT IS NOT!! The freezer is 50% icemaker. Meaning that unlike any other, the freezer space is 50% consumed by the Icemaker unit. The ice maker unit is the poorest, worse functioning that I have ever experienced! It clogs most every time used. It produces ice at such a slow rate. Most days by 2 pm it is out of ice.

The quality of this very expensive built in is below what you would expect from even a Kenmore, (by this I mean I have never experienced problems with any other past owned freezers) like the failures and design flaws of this overpriced poor performing unit. I have had the service department out 4 times in 11 months. Even the logo fell off the door within 6 months of installation! Stick with wolf or sub-zero. If budget minded... GE Monogram would easily be better that this Thermador.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

After seven years of good service the Power Module failed. The symptom was a warm freezer, and the cause was no power to the condenser fan. The Power Module was technically out of warranty by one year, but I believe that after purchasing such a high end product, and one that I thought to be the best available, it should not have developed this failure. I was happy to cover any cost of installation, if Thermador would provide the replacement part.

I believe the "Use & Care Guide" is inadequate with its recommendation on page 19 to "Check the ventilation openings on the base panel." and "Remove dirt with a vacuum cleaner." In my case there was a significant amount of dust that had collected on the Condenser Coil itself, and the base panel(s) needed to be removed to properly clean the coil. I believe that following only the recommended cleaning instructions will eventually result in excessive temperatures in the area of the Control Module and Condenser Fan, and a subsequent failure of one of these items will occur, not to mention putting excessive load on the rest of the cooling systems. I suspect that many of these refrigerators do suffer such a failure, and only during service does the Condenser Coil get cleaned properly.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We have a freezer that we purchased new and has not worked properly since installed. Have gotten NOWHERE with customer service. In fact they are absolutely rude! Our repairman after 4 service calls recommended the appliance be replaced and Thermador denied request. They were obnoxious in telling us why they denied the replacement. Upper management refuses to explain determination. Would never purchase anything from Bosch/Thermador. Wish there was more action I could take against them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

In designing our custom kitchen we wanted a separate refrigerator, freezer and wine cooler that is counter depth. Thermador was having a sale and we took advantage of it and saved several thousand $. They work great, stainless steel looks great and is easy to clean.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I bought a Thermador refrigerator (T360T810NS) in August 2014. It cost almost $8000.00. As other reviews have stated, it is noisier than I would have liked but that was tolerable. However, in May, 2019 (less than 5 years of service), the temperature sensor for the ice maker went out and had to be replaced ($420.00). Then it was determined that it was not the problem. It would have cost me another $500 to figure out what it was so I decided not to fix it. However, my major disappointment is in the response from Thermador when I tried to contact them. The people on the telephone were nice and did provide an email address after I waited over a month to get a response from the contact email on the website and after other calls. I sent that email over a month and haven't heard a word and it did not bounce back. For high end appliances, they should have better consumer service. I will not buy another Thermador product.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased my Thermador side by side refrigerator in 2010 (along with an oven and microwave wall unit). Recently, my refrigerator has started to malfunction. I called their customer service center and had them give me numbers (at least 8) for authorized repair centers. This proved useless as not even a Thermador certified technician will come to work on my unit.

After several phone calls to the Thermador customer service number and reminding them that they guarantee after-warranty service anywhere in Canada, they asked me to provide photos proving that I, in fact, owned a Thermador fridge. This ludicrous request being met (who would waste time and energy calling a Thermador 1-800 number if they owned another brand), they now say that I actually need to call Whirlpool because it is Whirlpool that makes this Thermador fridge. This company is not even willing to take ownership and responsibility of their very own branded product. A product for which they put their stamp on and charge big money. They have passed the problem onto someone else!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Bought a model T48BD820NS10 side-by-side refrigerator in August, 2015, along with a full kitchen set (DW, Oven, stove). A few short months out of warranty the ice maker seized up and would not work. The entire ice maker unit, including electronics, needed to be replaced. $800 later we are EXCEEDINGLY unhappy. Repairman said “I can’t even count the number of units I’ve replaced”. Went on to say they are made by Whirlpool and if replaced in a Whirlpool unit the cost is a fraction of the Thermador. He noted that the higher priced brands cost a lot more to repair. Just the two of us using the ice maker and neither use ice in our water and we don’t drink sodas. Shame on us for buying Thermador... and never again.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We purchased a Thermador T18IF900SP3 which is a stand alone freezer column in November of 2017. Periodically the high temp alarm would go off with readings around 29-33 degrees. It happened intermittently for several months so I finally called Thermador and connected us with their service representatives in our area, St Louis Appliance Repair. Visit one was exploratory and a new board needed and ordered.

A week-ish later part comes in and we schedule a visit in a few days. The tech comes out for visit two but the board did not work properly so the old one was put back in and another one ordered. The freezer continued to work with an occasional high temp warning. Visit three is a mirror image of visit 2. Yes a second board that does not work at all apparently. The old one is put back in (again) and the freezer works as good as before.

On visit 4 (Tuesday before Memorial Day) the new board is installed and supposedly works because the tech leaves it in but says the molex connector has a crimped connection. He takes pictures and sends to Mike ** at Thermador which is apparently Bosch or owned by Bosch. The next morning the high temp alarm is ringing away and the freezer is 60 degrees and food melted so we chuck it all out. It is now Friday - 4 days later - and Mike ** has apparently still not gotten back to St. Louis Appliance Repair.

I have called both S.T.A.R. and Thermador every day since Wednesday only to get another person saying "I"m sorry..." or "We're sorry..." but we are awaiting for a decision from the factory, we are awaiting a decision from management on replacement, we are awaiting on a decision from Mike **, we are awaiting a decision for the tech, we don't have your proof of purchase, "No we don't need your proof of purchase as St. Louis Appliance Repair will send it," (said Nakia) but they did NOT so I sent it, "We don't have the notes from St Louis Appliance Repair says Thermador"... What a never-ending run-around of poor customer service and process malfunction. So if you ask me if you should go with Thermador for your new kitchen? I WOULD SAY NO!!! And Bosch? If you own Thermador then how about Bosch for your new kitchen? PLEASE DON'T! We spent a fortune on all Thermador appliances. I would NEVER do it again.

So here we are about 5 weeks after St Louis Appliance Repair's first visit with the freezer working worse than before I made that fateful call for help. Will it ever get fixed? Not sure. Our family is coming in for Memorial Day Weekend for Mom's 90th Birthday and to see the new kitchen. Thermador your broken freezer will be propped open and shut off so it doesn't smell like mildew. Thanks.

Thermador Refrigerators Company Information