3.3/5 (75 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Thermador Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

My wife and I built our dream home, purchased what we thought were $25K in premium appliances from Thermador. It has been a complete nightmare. We have had multiple repairs to our fridge and freezer. Three years in, we just spent $1,300 on additional repairs (many repairs before this as well). I called them and shared my experience, even sent the latest repair information. Zero help, no empathy or support given the situation. Customer service just said we are out of luck given the repairs were completed. I never write reviews, but for once I feel a company needs to be held accountable for selling crap. We are so disappointed with how we have been treated and the experience with Thermador and hope nobody ever has to deal with what we have gone through.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Our ONE year old fridge is dripping water from the top of the fridge and not keeping things cold. Food went bad quickly and we have resorted to using the garage fridge (which is a pain). After weeks of multiple calls to customer service there's still no solution. My husband is a well known contractor and will no longer be recommending Thermador appliances. He has had much better customer service with Sub Zero and will be switching. Although that doesn't help our current situation out, perhaps it will save you some headaches and hassle!

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Purchased a Thermador refrigerator 5 years ago for $7500 and it is deemed as non repairable. The department responsible to make the offer for replacement offered me to purchase a new one for 2k, retails for 5k but it will take 6+ months to receive it. They won't give a store credit so I can get one ASAP. Basically it's not an offer, who can wait 6 months without a refrigerator. I will never buy a Thermador or Bosch product again and I suggest everyone stay away from these expensive sub par products.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I ordered an entire suite of Thermador kitchen appliances for a new home in March 2021. I still have no refrigerator and have been told "maybe" end of June. I have 2 sets of house guests between 5/21 and 6/12 and no refrigerator! No apologies, only excuses. I understand that with Covid and supply issues that there would be some delay but this is ridiculous. They keep changing the ETA by weeks with no adequate explanation. Stay away! There are other options out there.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I had a horrible experience today with Thermador Factory Service. As with all servicers now, I had a 2 hour window for service this morning, not a set time. My husband and I work full time in healthcare and could not be home for 2 hours on a weekday. My mother lives 5 minutes away and had made herself available all morning to meet the technician. The technician NEVER called when he was on his way and then apparently waited at my house - WITHOUT CALLING for 15 minutes and then had the customer service line call me to tell me he was leaving. I told them my mother was immediately available and would be there in 5 minutes - they said great, send her over.

The customer service rep called me back 2 minutes later to say the tech already left and was refusing to return. I asked to speak to a manager - who was very kind - and spoke to the tech's supervisor. I was advised the tech WOULD return as he had not provided any advance warning of his arrival this morning. 4 hours go by and no one shows up at the house. I called back customer service and was told by a new rep that the tech was never going to come back, he said because I wasn't there he would not return. She said she would try to reach his supervisor again and I was put on hold for 40 MINUTES before I eventually hung up and called back AGAIN. This time the customer service rep said I would just have to reschedule because they gave me a 2 hour window and that's all they do.

As I stated at the beginning I already waited 3 WEEKS for this appointment with a broken refrigerator so this just was not a reasonable option. I advised that literally all other companies provide you with a phone call when they are on their way as the windows are large and impossible for those that work full time. She had no response to this. This is truly horrible customer service in every way - from the different information I received from different customer service reps to the tech's lack of care or following a basic protocol. Certainly seems like the tech just didn't want to have to do the work. I would NEVER pick a Thermador appliance in the future and I certainly won't be using the factory service for any future repairs. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Buyer beware - if you need support, you won’t get it easily from Thermador based on my experience. They charged me about $750 for a replacement part for a fridge. The part arrived in approx. Sept. 2021. For two months they have been unable to coordinate two techs (the number needed) to come install the part for my fridge. On the first visit, despite my reminding them in advance that we needed two techs, only one came and couldn’t do the job. He rescheduled for a month later. On the day, no one came (not a typo).

Instead, Theramdor claims I cancelled the appointment… Why would I do that? Now it’s the third visit —11/29/2021. Despite advising them again that we needed two techs, they coordinated only one. I called today (11/28) to confirm they would get two out here, and there was literally nothing they could do to confirm one way or another. I’ve asked to speak with supervisors on multiple occasions. I keep being told a supervisor would “call me back.” No one has ever called me back. For a company selling high end (ie, very expensive) appliances, you would think they could treat their customers with a smidgen of respect. Definitely the last time we buy a Thermador product. It’s just not worth the headache in my opinion, particular with an appliance that is only about 5 years old.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Our 7 year old built in fridge stopped keeping its temperature. A Thermador vetted tech found 2 gas leaks that were not repairable but explained that Thermador should provide us with a credit towards a new one. Customer service was nonexistent, they refused to provide a contact person and various agents kept asking for the same documents for over a month and a half (which were provided on day 1 with a confirmation of receipt) and not addressing our file. When we got tired of sending the same documents repetitively and getting the run around, we got angry and pushed for an answer. They offered us an insulting discount on the new model of our fridge. I expect some repairs to appliances but don't expect a 15k with tax fridge to not be repairable after 7 years and to have such a poor customer service experience from a luxury appliance company. Horrible experience and I won't be buying any other thermador products.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The ice-maker stopped working after 3-4 years. At first, I called a authorized repair company, which charged about $400, but after making ice one time, it stopped working. Then I called the company's service dept - after 6 visits over 2 years, $100s in visit charges, and $100s in parts/labor costs, still no ice. In the last visit, the technician gave me an estimate of over $1,000. Seems there is a 1-year warranty on repairs, so they won't charge for the parts replaced earlier but due to a system change, he doesn't have any records available. Further, the estimate is valid for 30 days, but the appointments are not available for 5-6 weeks out. I don't fault the individual technicians, but come on.. really??!! This is awful for a premium brand - terrible product and service.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Our refrigerator is leaking water damaging the floor to our apartment. We called urgently to schedule an appointment in New York City and were told no appointments were available for weeks. No one returns repeated calls for help. Would never buy this product again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We have had our custom Thermador side-by-side refrigerator since we remodeled our home 9 years ago. With its matching cabinetry, it is a beautiful addition to our kitchen. It has worked perfectly since installation and has never required a repair. I have been 100% satisfied with it.

Thermador Refrigerators Company Information