3.8/5 (163 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Thermador Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?

Original review: May 3, 2022

I ordered an entire suite of Thermador kitchen appliances for a new home in March 2021. I still have no refrigerator and have been told "maybe" end of June. I have 2 sets of house guests between 5/21 and 6/12 and no refrigerator! No apologies, only excuses. I understand that with Covid and supply issues that there would be some delay but this is ridiculous. They keep changing the ETA by weeks with no adequate explanation. Stay away! There are other options out there.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I had a horrible experience today with Thermador Factory Service. As with all servicers now, I had a 2 hour window for service this morning, not a set time. My husband and I work full time in healthcare and could not be home for 2 hours on a weekday. My mother lives 5 minutes away and had made herself available all morning to meet the technician. The technician NEVER called when he was on his way and then apparently waited at my house - WITHOUT CALLING for 15 minutes and then had the customer service line call me to tell me he was leaving. I told them my mother was immediately available and would be there in 5 minutes - they said great, send her over.

The customer service rep called me back 2 minutes later to say the tech already left and was refusing to return. I asked to speak to a manager - who was very kind - and spoke to the tech's supervisor. I was advised the tech WOULD return as he had not provided any advance warning of his arrival this morning. 4 hours go by and no one shows up at the house. I called back customer service and was told by a new rep that the tech was never going to come back, he said because I wasn't there he would not return. She said she would try to reach his supervisor again and I was put on hold for 40 MINUTES before I eventually hung up and called back AGAIN. This time the customer service rep said I would just have to reschedule because they gave me a 2 hour window and that's all they do.

As I stated at the beginning I already waited 3 WEEKS for this appointment with a broken refrigerator so this just was not a reasonable option. I advised that literally all other companies provide you with a phone call when they are on their way as the windows are large and impossible for those that work full time. She had no response to this. This is truly horrible customer service in every way - from the different information I received from different customer service reps to the tech's lack of care or following a basic protocol. Certainly seems like the tech just didn't want to have to do the work. I would NEVER pick a Thermador appliance in the future and I certainly won't be using the factory service for any future repairs. STAY AWAY.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Buyer beware - if you need support, you won’t get it easily from Thermador based on my experience. They charged me about $750 for a replacement part for a fridge. The part arrived in approx. Sept. 2021. For two months they have been unable to coordinate two techs (the number needed) to come install the part for my fridge. On the first visit, despite my reminding them in advance that we needed two techs, only one came and couldn’t do the job. He rescheduled for a month later. On the day, no one came (not a typo).

Instead, Theramdor claims I cancelled the appointment… Why would I do that? Now it’s the third visit —11/29/2021. Despite advising them again that we needed two techs, they coordinated only one. I called today (11/28) to confirm they would get two out here, and there was literally nothing they could do to confirm one way or another. I’ve asked to speak with supervisors on multiple occasions. I keep being told a supervisor would “call me back.” No one has ever called me back. For a company selling high end (ie, very expensive) appliances, you would think they could treat their customers with a smidgen of respect. Definitely the last time we buy a Thermador product. It’s just not worth the headache in my opinion, particular with an appliance that is only about 5 years old.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Our 7 year old built in fridge stopped keeping its temperature. A Thermador vetted tech found 2 gas leaks that were not repairable but explained that Thermador should provide us with a credit towards a new one. Customer service was nonexistent, they refused to provide a contact person and various agents kept asking for the same documents for over a month and a half (which were provided on day 1 with a confirmation of receipt) and not addressing our file. When we got tired of sending the same documents repetitively and getting the run around, we got angry and pushed for an answer. They offered us an insulting discount on the new model of our fridge. I expect some repairs to appliances but don't expect a 15k with tax fridge to not be repairable after 7 years and to have such a poor customer service experience from a luxury appliance company. Horrible experience and I won't be buying any other thermador products.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The ice-maker stopped working after 3-4 years. At first, I called a authorized repair company, which charged about $400, but after making ice one time, it stopped working. Then I called the company's service dept - after 6 visits over 2 years, $100s in visit charges, and $100s in parts/labor costs, still no ice. In the last visit, the technician gave me an estimate of over $1,000. Seems there is a 1-year warranty on repairs, so they won't charge for the parts replaced earlier but due to a system change, he doesn't have any records available. Further, the estimate is valid for 30 days, but the appointments are not available for 5-6 weeks out. I don't fault the individual technicians, but come on.. really??!! This is awful for a premium brand - terrible product and service.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Our refrigerator is leaking water damaging the floor to our apartment. We called urgently to schedule an appointment in New York City and were told no appointments were available for weeks. No one returns repeated calls for help. Would never buy this product again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

We have had our custom Thermador side-by-side refrigerator since we remodeled our home 9 years ago. With its matching cabinetry, it is a beautiful addition to our kitchen. It has worked perfectly since installation and has never required a repair. I have been 100% satisfied with it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Buy any other brand other than Thermador for refrigeration! Fortunately we only purchased the under counter drawers but 2 motherboards have been replaced and it still is pinging 3 times every time the compressor goes on. First problem- the drawers just stopped cooling - first motherboard replacement after 4 months of waiting for them. Second problem- the pinging that happens when you accidentally leave the doors ajar, once it went off, it would not stop even though closed. Motherboard #2 replaced and the control panel after 3 weeks of waiting. Repair guy left, and now it is still pinging 3 times when the compressor goes on. What a friggin nightmare for $6000 bucks. Should have bought a sub zero or any other brand. This thing is a lemon, and going out of warranty soon- would never buy a Thermador again! A company that does not understand how to do refrigeration has no business selling them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Same as others, problems with ice maker (my brother has the same fridge and same problems). Also, the glass shelf simply exploded when I ran it under hot water (after waiting for it to get to room temp). Not only will Thermador not acknowledge that, they want almost $300 to replace it and then don't even have a replacement in stock -- been waiting 3 months. I'll never buy another Thermador product.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

We purchased a complete Thermador package in 2015 that included the side by side fridge and freezer unit approximately $8000.00. The first 18 months, no problems. Then water/ice started to run down the inside of the freezer and interfering with the unit fan. Which then resulted in the temperature rising above freezing.

The certified Thermador repair folks have been out at least 6 times and have replaced almost all of the components of the freezer unit usually at a cost of $200 per visit. When working on the unit, they were in voice contact with the Thermador technicians doing what they were told. Each repair lasted 3-4 months and then water and ice began to run down the insides of the unit, same old problem. Thank heavens the local, certified tech is nice to work with and he is totally frustrated with the Thermador "experts". I would think Thermador would replace such a defective unit at cost or no cost. But not at this date. Working with the local tech we are going to send an itemized cost of repair to Thermador that has occurred over the past years and see what happens. Will keep you posted.

Thermador Refrigerators Company Information