Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

19 Thermador Refrigerators Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

In designing our custom kitchen we wanted a separate refrigerator, freezer and wine cooler that is counter depth. Thermador was having a sale and we took advantage of it and saved several thousand $. They work great, stainless steel looks great and is easy to clean.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I bought a Thermador refrigerator (T360T810NS) in August 2014. It cost almost $8000.00. As other reviews have stated, it is noisier than I would have liked but that was tolerable. However, in May, 2019 (less than 5 years of service), the temperature sensor for the ice maker went out and had to be replaced ($420.00). Then it was determined that it was not the problem. It would have cost me another $500 to figure out what it was so I decided not to fix it. However, my major disappointment is in the response from Thermador when I tried to contact them. The people on the telephone were nice and did provide an email address after I waited over a month to get a response from the contact email on the website and after other calls. I sent that email over a month and haven't heard a word and it did not bounce back. For high end appliances, they should have better consumer service. I will not buy another Thermador product.

Get expert buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I purchased my Thermador side by side refrigerator in 2010 (along with an oven and microwave wall unit). Recently, my refrigerator has started to malfunction. I called their customer service center and had them give me numbers (at least 8) for authorized repair centers. This proved useless as not even a Thermador certified technician will come to work on my unit.

After several phone calls to the Thermador customer service number and reminding them that they guarantee after-warranty service anywhere in Canada, they asked me to provide photos proving that I, in fact, owned a Thermador fridge. This ludicrous request being met (who would waste time and energy calling a Thermador 1-800 number if they owned another brand), they now say that I actually need to call Whirlpool because it is Whirlpool that makes this Thermador fridge. This company is not even willing to take ownership and responsibility of their very own branded product. A product for which they put their stamp on and charge big money. They have passed the problem onto someone else!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Bought a model T48BD820NS10 side-by-side refrigerator in August, 2015, along with a full kitchen set (DW, Oven, stove). A few short months out of warranty the ice maker seized up and would not work. The entire ice maker unit, including electronics, needed to be replaced. $800 later we are EXCEEDINGLY unhappy. Repairman said “I can’t even count the number of units I’ve replaced”. Went on to say they are made by Whirlpool and if replaced in a Whirlpool unit the cost is a fraction of the Thermador. He noted that the higher priced brands cost a lot more to repair. Just the two of us using the ice maker and neither use ice in our water and we don’t drink sodas. Shame on us for buying Thermador... and never again.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We purchased a Thermador T18IF900SP3 which is a stand alone freezer column in November of 2017. Periodically the high temp alarm would go off with readings around 29-33 degrees. It happened intermittently for several months so I finally called Thermador and connected us with their service representatives in our area, St Louis Appliance Repair. Visit one was exploratory and a new board needed and ordered.

A week-ish later part comes in and we schedule a visit in a few days. The tech comes out for visit two but the board did not work properly so the old one was put back in and another one ordered. The freezer continued to work with an occasional high temp warning. Visit three is a mirror image of visit 2. Yes a second board that does not work at all apparently. The old one is put back in (again) and the freezer works as good as before.

On visit 4 (Tuesday before Memorial Day) the new board is installed and supposedly works because the tech leaves it in but says the molex connector has a crimped connection. He takes pictures and sends to Mike ** at Thermador which is apparently Bosch or owned by Bosch. The next morning the high temp alarm is ringing away and the freezer is 60 degrees and food melted so we chuck it all out. It is now Friday - 4 days later - and Mike ** has apparently still not gotten back to St. Louis Appliance Repair.

I have called both S.T.A.R. and Thermador every day since Wednesday only to get another person saying "I"m sorry..." or "We're sorry..." but we are awaiting for a decision from the factory, we are awaiting a decision from management on replacement, we are awaiting on a decision from Mike **, we are awaiting a decision for the tech, we don't have your proof of purchase, "No we don't need your proof of purchase as St. Louis Appliance Repair will send it," (said Nakia) but they did NOT so I sent it, "We don't have the notes from St Louis Appliance Repair says Thermador"... What a never-ending run-around of poor customer service and process malfunction. So if you ask me if you should go with Thermador for your new kitchen? I WOULD SAY NO!!! And Bosch? If you own Thermador then how about Bosch for your new kitchen? PLEASE DON'T! We spent a fortune on all Thermador appliances. I would NEVER do it again.

So here we are about 5 weeks after St Louis Appliance Repair's first visit with the freezer working worse than before I made that fateful call for help. Will it ever get fixed? Not sure. Our family is coming in for Memorial Day Weekend for Mom's 90th Birthday and to see the new kitchen. Thermador your broken freezer will be propped open and shut off so it doesn't smell like mildew. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Refrigerators?

Original review: April 29, 2018

I love this Thermador refrigerator; we have previously owned GE, which I did like as much. I like the double door top section versus side by side and the GE did not hold up as well. However, the freezer could be larger. Nevertheless, the unit is easy to clean and easy to store items.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Love our 36 inch wide counter depth refrigerator freezer. Very well built and heavy, compressor is quiet when running and exterior finish is excellent. Well lit inside and thoughtful side door storage. But due to depth, interior size is compromised.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My husband and I had been planning on renovating our kitchen for three years before beginning construction. We finally made the big move and gutted from floor to ceiling redoing lighting, flooring, sheetrock, every part of the kitchen. We chose Thermador appliances after visiting many appliance stores and talking to friends that have Thermador. Also, when you are purchasing all new appliances the appliance package is hard to pass up. We debated on getting Sub Zero/Wolf because it was only $3,000 more but in the end decided on Thermador 2018 Freedom Refrigerator and Freezer much to our dismay.

We got our refrigerator first because both were on back order. Within the first 24 hours our refrigerator lights were not working properly and the unit switched off and on. We had to contact a repair person within the first day of having it. They replaced the main board at this time. We then finally received our freezer and again issues. Both appliances (2018 Freedom Refrigerator and Freezer) completely quit working within the first week. We are beyond frustrated and disappointed. The customer service at Thermador is terrible!!! I am wondering if anyone is having these issues and for anyone considering new appliances don't buy Thermador!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased the entire kitchen package from Thermador; fridge, freezer, double over, range top, microwave and upgraded dishwasher due to package incentives. Within five months the $5K+ refrigerator went out and needs the compressor, evaporator and filter dryer replaced. While the store I purchased from has been great in trying to remedy, I've gone a few weeks without it being repaired, Thermador originally left items off the repair order. While the refrigerator looks impressive, I would seriously look at Sub-zero or another brand, maybe a little more but you get what you pay for.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I purchased a $6250 (current retail price) 30 inch freezer column in 2009 when we built our home. 18 months after installation, the ice maker ceased working. No warranty. The freezer failed to cool 6 weeks ago. The part necessary to rectify the problem was also not covered -- just like the ice maker. We opted not to replace the ice maker, which would have resulted in a $700 charge and we paid approximately $350 to repair the current issue. It is unacceptable, and really borders on criminal, to incur these types of failures on a unit this new at a high end price point. I have an old GE fridge/freezer in the garage that was only several hundred dollars that is still working after 25 years. Shame on Thermador. I have several other Thermador appliances that are suboptimal. The Bosch washer died last Christmas after six service calls. Don't purchase Thermador or Bosch. You will be sorry!

Thermador Refrigerators Company Information