4.0/5 (274 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Two people from Terminix came and did the outside and were out there for a few hours. Then, they came in and checked the attics, and laid traps and sealed the attic. I didn't check the attic but you could see where they sealed outside. Then, they left. They gave us traps so they came back and checked it twice but they were due back after the first of the year. They haven't come back yet, so we need to call them. It got cold last week and we caught another mouse inside. We need them to come back out and double check, and make sure something didn't come loose. We also found the three areas inside the house that need to be sealed.

When we caught something, it was in the bathroom. We looked under the cabinet and around the caulking of the drain, and it's loose. So, when they come back out, we need them to seal all of that because that bathroom is on the outer wall. People should give Terminix a call. Everybody probably has this issue around here because they were still building.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I hire Terminix in October 2021 for a roaches in the kitchen, first they sent me a email with preparation instructions that was wrong, email say empty whole kitchen and technician come home just spray some type of liquid smell like alcohol. When talk to sales person on October she say whole house treatment but not, so after technician say job is done we disagree 'cause him just care about floor area in kitchen never check kitchen cabinets and other areas, they charge $179 for that poor services, but after call customer service they PROMISE to sent another technician to do the job right but pass 3 months and never show up. In December we received a call. Scheduled appointment for service so was set up to December 8.

Technician sent me a text message to let me know that him come between 2pm to 5pm, him come home never ring the bell. Just spray something in front house and leave. Appointment was set up for indoor service not outside. They charge me $119 for a treatment outside that never be requested. After call next day they never attempt to help me or explain why technician never come inside house, I learned this company is a fraud. The only way they stop charging you is cancel the services but never resolved any issue. If you canceled they no comply with what they promised. I do not RECOMMEND this company to anyone. CHECK THE REVIEWS and you DECIDE. Don't let they steal your money for a bad services.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Terminix comes out every three months for pest control, once a year for crawlspace inspection, once a year for termite bait inspection and once a year for regular termites in the house and on the base of the house. They also come out whenever I call them. I've been having trouble with ants in the kitchen, so they’ve come out probably three times in the last three months. All those different things have somebody different but the techs are all nice. The pest activity is a lot better and there is no problem except the ants in the kitchen. That just started in the fall with increased rain and cooler temperatures but can’t seem to get a handle on them.

Terminix response

Thank you, Patricia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

The Terminix service agreement price is not the issue. It was reasonable but.. Less than half a year into the Terminix agreement I had to find another company: Orkin and I gave them a try, 2 months after with Orkin, so far so good. But Orkin was expensive though, about the same as tenting. I got fed up with Terminix. They were bad with appointments, maybe I just had bad luck with my area Boca Raton. Terminix techs would come see the one small problem spot and put a little foam there, not even look around the house and leave. It was a continuation agreement I took over, I paid for the year but it was worthless. I called Orkin and I am hopeful. I saw the new tech look around all windows, attic, kitchen. I am not sure if problem will end but he worked hard at trying. More professional than Terminix.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I have the techs spraying outside every three months. Working with them is okay but with their office, it's not. I don't like some of the girls working there. I want them to improve their service.

Terminix response

Many thanks for the feedback, Lili! We’re pleased to hear you’re satisfied with our pest service. If there is anything we can do to improve, tell us about it at socialsupport@terminix.com

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I'm on a three-month plan with Terminix. I usually have them spray for fleas, ticks, spiders, and ants. The techs do something with a stick. Since having them out, I'm not seeing as many spiders. But in the summertime, I still have a really bad ant problem.

Terminix response

Larissa, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I'm pleased with Terminix so far. They have periods in which they call and set up appointments. It's usually from a driver and he would say that he would be here on a certain day between 10:00 and 4:00. The last visit was done well. The tech was very informative and quite a nice gentleman. He was easy to speak to. The service is doing the job, which was all I was concerned about. There are times during the summer when insects get inside but it’s not anything that’s too overwhelming, which is why we typically get the inside of the house done at least once a year, and then four applications outside over the course of the year.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Richard! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

We wanted to reschedule our service and my wife called and cancelled the scheduled service date and confirmed the service as cancelled for the selected date. The tech still came and since we weren't available ended up just doing the outside and billed us for the full service even though we neither approved the service time and date nor did the tech do that much work (our security cameras showed he just 'lightly dusted' around a couple areas which wasn't at all worth the nearly $100 we paid for the service call. I could have done the same exact thing with probably about $20 worth of insecticide.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

The techs of Terminix were courteous and efficient. The only thing that I've ever been concerned about was that initially, we thought that the service would include coming in and spraying something in the house. 'Cause when they came out to inspect, they saw we had termites. The solution was to put the bait stations outside. Just intuitively, that didn't sound right to us. But I guess that's the routine. We thought there would be some spraying inside. But apparently, I would imagine that the problem is solved 'cause we haven't seen any new holes. It was just strange to us that they didn't do anything on the inside of the house.

Terminix response

Thank you, Carletta! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The techs have been really good. If I have a problem, they address it and they've gone above and beyond.

Terminix response

Thank you, Debra! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

In August 2021, Terminix came to inspect a suspected mouse problem and we ended up having them replace our insulation and add termite traps around the house. They didn’t finish the job and they also damaged our home while they were working on our insulation. While they were in our attic, they somehow pushed a bolt from one of the cross beams through our ceiling. After they left, we called to let them know that the house was damaged and that they hadn’t done the quoted work on our basement stairs but we got the runaround from both the service technician and his supervisor.

I understand many places are short staffed and supplies aren’t easy to come by so I’ve been giving them some time to get back to us but it is now January 2022, 5 months after they started this job, and we’ve waited long enough. They continue to ignore our calls and bounce us back and forth between the technician and his supervisor, never leading anywhere. It is unacceptable and unethical to not finish a contracted job much less damage a home and then ghost the client. I would expect better from a company if it was involving a $100 service and ours was unfortunately in the thousands.

I would never recommend this business to anyone under any circumstances and unfortunately, after reading a bunch of other quotes, I’m not the first person this company has done this to. I highly suggest you take your business to any other company so you don’t get caught in the same situation we are in. This has been a very disappointing transaction and I truly hope this review helps other people avoid such a situation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I purchase a year contract for termite and pest control. I paid in full for the whole year. Terminix took my full amount then put me in a monthly auto pay. I did not authorize this. Terminix illegal took money out of my account. I called and you cannot speak to the company. They have a third party company answer all their calls. When you request someone from the company to call you. That will not happen. I am trying to get a refund for the money they stolen out of my account and I have canceled the contract. I had to the BBB and the state attorney General involved. Terminix admits and states I am getting a refund. Unfortunately the refund has never came. The company lies.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Well here we go. Had a slummy looking sales guy come out from Terminix and told me we had termites. He showed me a couple spots that were supposed termite "hot spots". He sold me a package of service care and told me that if I wasn't happy with the service provided that I could get a refund with no cancelation fee (all lies). He handed me a tablet with a signature line and did not go over any details with me other than treatment for termites and amount. Then I had a friend come into town that owns a pest control company. My friend said that the spots the Slum Lord Terminix guy showed me had 0 termite signs. My friend also looked at my property and said there is 0 proof of termites. I called to cancel my service agreement because the service was not needed. The manager Kevin, then told me sorry but there is nothing anyone can do and I am just screwed and have to ride the service agreement out. So here we are.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL LIE TO YOUR FACE AND THEN TELL YOU TO DEAL WITH IT. These people are on a whole different level of scam artists. The funny part is, I don't want my money back! I just want to be done paying a monthly premium for a service that has no value to me. Kevin I hope that the $500 I will pay you over the next 9 months for 0 product is worth a bad review on every social media. Save your time and money and call a different pest control company. These people are scam artists.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

We've had Terminix for about two years now and they've been very good. I've had several technicians, each one is excellent. They have certainly gone above and beyond anything I expected. I have the exclusion contract with them and they have responded to all my calls. I've been very satisfied with them.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Edward! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Terry came out and did a great job of going over all the services they provide. He was very thorough and really knows his stuff. Also on time, efficient and professional. I enjoyed talking with him and having him answer my questions.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Tommy! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Terminix usually comes out quarterly to do a spraying around the house and around the deck. The technician has been great. We have boring bees and they were able to pretty much take care of that. I'd recommend Terminix. They do a really good job.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Marsha! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

We had a lot of problems and their service seems to work.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gary! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I use Terminix most of the summer for mosquitoes and they handle that well. Then I started getting some beetle bugs around the house. I called them back and they've serviced the house since then. We do it monthly. Scheduling has been done online so that makes it easier for me. Their service has been great. The techs have also been very professional and nice. Their cost seemed reasonable to me too.

Terminix response

Thank you,Dal! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

The tech that comes out is great. He texts me to let me know when he's coming and if I'm not home, he texts me to let me know what he did and asks if I need any extra services. One complaint I have with Terminix is that they send a bill without a date on it and it always just says, “Pay on receipt.” It confuses me how much I'm paying them a month but it seems like a lot. And for the money, one should get a little more than spraying around. I have a couple of places where we have termites. It bothers me slightly that they have to do a full tent to get rid of a little spot place. It would be nice if they would drill a hole and drip stuffing in it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Beverly! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I have two locations and we had a problem with getting confused between the two locations since this is a new account. We had a mix-up between who the contact is. It's my email but my wife's phone on one of them, so that's where we got confused. But scheduling is normally really easy. One is set up to be quarterly and they just send me a message saying they're going to come out on this date. Also, we have the option to call and have them come out at any point if we need something and they've been real good about letting me know that. I've called them one time and resolved it without them ever actually coming out.

The techs have been very helpful, as well. They've even gone above and beyond what I told them some issues. They went out and put stuff to deal with ants that were on the property, not on the house. They've also been super at our other house in Gainesville. The technician there has been with the company for a long time and he's very vocal about making sure you know what he's doing and getting back with us to say, “Thank you.” Another guy does something to do with fleas but both have been very open to listening to my concerns and doing anything.

Terminix response

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

The Terminix guy was very polite, courteous, and helpful. After the first treatment, the roaches started dying majorly fast, which is a good thing.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Meredith! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

The technician was so good that I was thrilled. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm so happy with Terminix. I had mice and carpenter ants or bees but not anymore.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Lynne! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

The Terminix techs that usually come out have been excellent. They're efficient and thorough. I'd recommend it for future services.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Lucius! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Terminix was the closest and easiest ones to get in contact with. They blocked everything for any rodent to get in the house and secured everything. So, we won't have rodent problems anymore. So far, it's been good. We haven't had any rodents inside the house.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Daniel! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

They put on a facade of being one big company when they sell you products, but then hide behind "Franchises" local managers" "sales staff" and "other department" when you need assistance. I spent endless calls and efforts trying to cancel an old service at a house I sold, and to start the new home. Months later, I was still being billed for services at the old house, and became the recipient of endless excuses .... such as "I will email the managers for those accounts" or "we will try to get a different department to look at it" - but they are not answering. Do yourself a favor, since bug control is not rocket science, and hire a local entity with a proven presence in the neighborhood.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

We've been with Terminix for quite a few years and the girl that has been coming the last few times has been great. She is polite and informative, tells us what she's going to do and the results.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Elsie! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

The techs from Terminix come out every three months and they spray around the outside. For termites, they come out once a year. I had another service in Georgia and the guy came out every three months. Whoever comes out is always very nice and since having Terminix, I haven’t seen pest activity in the house at all. The bill keeps changing though, which is weird. I got an email saying that we need to renegotiate the contract and that should have been in September, not December.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

We have routine maintenance with Terminix. I live in Florida so we’re buggy down here and whatever they do on the outside, we don't have any bugs inside. Their treatments have been very effective for our needs. The techs usually send a text message that they're coming and when they're on the way as well as about what they've done. Then, they text the bill. They're very good in communication.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Betty! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Samantha, the rep, was good for the most part. She did the parameter inside and outside of the house. All the communication was very helpful. She's going to come back and check on ants and help us take care of that, but I wish after that, there would be nothing. Terminix could be a little bit more thorough but they were prompt and on time. They communicate with you openly about everything that they’re doing at your house. With Samantha, she’ll answer your questions if you have any.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Marcel! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

The workers from Terminix all did a great job and even the people I've had on the line on the telephone and computer follow ups have all been good. Everybody from Derek to Dan to Brad and Harley have been good work because they stayed about four and a half hours. They completed all that they did and then, they reviewed it with me. They did a walk around for most of it though I'm not able to get all the way around the house. Everybody has been very helpful. There's one less rat in the bunch in the last week and a half. The guy got him. I saw one result although I'm sure others are elsewhere in the house or basement or underground.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Taylor! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville