Call toll free

Call toll free
Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.95/5
Learn More

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

View More View More

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

We have used Terminix for bug treatment for many years. Terminix seems to have a lot of technician changes; it’s hard to expect the same technician for a long time. Each technician gives a different level of service. One technician that stood out from the rest - Crystal ** whose territory is in Webster, Texas. She has set a new standard for the rest to follow. Actually, from our experience over the years, no other technician can ever match her level.

Crystal worked with a smile; she was so thorough. She swept the house and the detached garage along the eave, and along the bottom of the walls. She then sprayed along those same places. She also sprayed for bugs thoroughly inside at kitchen and bathrooms and at exterior doors. I could just imagine if I was a bug, there was no way that I could not penetrate the bug shield that Crystal had created. Doomsday for bugs, for sure. Thanks, Crystal, for the fantastic job you have done for us. I just wish that I could continue to receive this level of thoroughness for a long time but I know it’s an impossible wish.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2019

A few years back a visiting friend brought (gulp!) bed bugs into my home. I was unaware that this friend had them until it was too late. We purchased commercial sprays and discarded all of our furniture (probably over the top...) but I wanted to be sure we had eradicated all of them. I called Terminix to inspect afterward for peace of mind. The technician came to my home, but after a thorough inspection told me that he felt we had eliminated them. He did not charge me a single cent and gave me peace of mind so I could sleep again. A few months following we had to move (not because of the bed bugs). I wanted to be sure that the house we were moving to was "bed bug free" after what we had just been through. Again, the technician came to our new home, completed a thorough inspection, gave me peace of mind, and charged me nothing. I promised that I would always keep Terminix in mind for any future services. I upheld that promise!

After finding (and confirming) that we had found kissing bugs in our home (we have HORRIBLE bug luck!) I called Terminix out to spray. They quoted me a fair price and scheduled an appointment. I was fully expecting the price to "go up" once they got here. It didn't! I paid exactly what I was quoted over the phone with no surprises or on-the-spot sales. The technician was efficient, polite, friendly, and respectful. I wish all companies operated this way! Keep it up, Terminix!

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We had problems with mice last summer and got the quarterly service where technicians installed mouse traps inside and out and checked them quarterly. During the service visit in February, the technician suggested we contact a salesperson to discuss Exclusion service which covers all types of pests and has a warranty. We spoke with a salesman and decided to invest in the Exclusion service. It is expensive but we were able to financing over five years and it included putting insulation in our attic, more mouse traps inside and out, termite bait stations, vented covers on any vents/chimney on the roof and a seal to cover openings under garage door. the most recent visit was to install the seal under garage door which was the last outstanding task. Still have the quarterly mouse service as well just to make sure they get rid of any rodents who might already be "in residence".

As I said, service is not cheap but there is a warranty and we feel it will prevent any damage to our home which can be extensive if not addressed. Technicians are always skilled and very friendly - even to our new puppy! Glad we did this. Also wanted to mention that before we got Terminix, we purchased the poison "traps" for mice and had a frightening incident when our daughter's dog somehow got to the poison pellets and ate them - that was a $300 trip to the vet and probably contributed to her existing health issues. Could have killed her so we will never try to get rid of rodents on our own again.

Terminix response

Original review: April 14, 2019

I hired Terminix to get rid of the ants my Mom always got every year in the spring and summer. She lived in Ohio and I live in Wisconsin. My mom would report to me on how things were going. The only thing I can suggest Terminix may want to think about for other households, if they have plats like my Mom. The dirt in the plants should be completely spread out to get rid of any ants that are harboring in there.

My mom kept getting the ants back and when Terminix came out they would spray around the area but did nothing about the ants in the dirt of the plants. Therefore they kept returning until my mom spread all the dirt out and let the ants go elsewhere then put the dirt back into the plants. Terminix did come back as promised when my Mom called to say they still had the ants. They always called ahead of time to let her know when they would be there. Overall they did a really good job of keeping the bugs away once they were gone for good. Thank you and I would recommend them to others. DJ from Wisconsin.

Terminix response

Original review: April 4, 2019

Our property upon purchase was riddled with termite damage and active termites. A nightmare considering we looked at 200 houses and this was the one. Terminix to the rescue. The defense system in place termite free. It’s been 6 years now and every penny is worth it. Upon completion of termite treatment we seriously checked into their pest insulation. Another great decision that saves us annually on electricity for heating or worse cooling. The insulation difference was felt immediately as the AC didn’t kick on frequently. Best still is that our house is bug free. Though on occasions we will call for a bad mosquito season Terminix is our only and proven choice.

The estimate was no pressure but the service continued and still is as amazing as the day we began our relationship. Uniformed, scheduled and inspections yearly secure my home and add value. More than value is security for my pets and family. Cost was average for treatment of type but caliber again is what makes this company stand out. You truly get what you pay for and more with service unparalleled.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 25, 2020

We have been with Terminix for 14 years and I can get a letter from my state senator faster than I can get a real person to discuss a concern. They have lost sight of why they are in business in the first place. Customers. So today I canceled service and I hope this is helpful to others. I plan on finding a local company with real people who provides REAL SERVICE not the VIRTUAL version.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 20, 2020

This is the only company I know of that schedules inspections for me when it's convenient for them, without checking with me first. They are so "not customer friendly" that I have to laugh. Left me a VM yesterday saying that they would be coming this morning. 8-10 AM. It's now 9:47. No sign of them. The only reason I have not already changed companies is the hassle factor. Evidently I accept mediocrity. Sad.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 10, 2020

Initially I was very excited for this service. But once they were done and left I started finding damage around my home that they caused. They have not yet told me how they are going to reimburse me for all the damages. A person did come back the next day and took my boxes out of the attic and put them on the ground for me that they very rudely sprayed all that so called insulation all over! My stored stuff in the attic all ruined! I had important papers stored up there. They sprayed all over all of them instead of taking them down out of the attic before they did their thing! Pretty bad and unprofessional. Also, they stomped in the attic and caused my texture on my kitchen wall to crack from the ceiling to the floor. They have not yet offered to fix this or to reimburse me to fix this. Also, my water heater quit working after they left that day.

I have had it checked by the gas company and by a plumber but no one can figure out what they did to the water heater to make it quit working. They think that the Terminix guys sprayed the texture in a way that caused a air flow issue with the water heater but it is still not fixed so the plumber is still working on it. We may have to replace the entire water heater but I'm not sure yet. This is a lot of anguish for me to deal with! If I had known this was going to happen I would have taken a different route on dealing with a rodent issue. Also, the Terminix sales guy told me this new insulation they put in would make my home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer but ever since they took my insulation out and put theirs in my house has been extra cold at night I have had to run my heater MUCH MORE! I cant understand it. I wish my insulation was back in there!

I'm very afraid of what will happen now when summer hits! My electric bill is probably going to be sky high! I guess I'm going to have to put pink panther insulation up there on top of what they put down now! Very expensive. I have been crying every day since they did this to my house! I'm so upset and I very much feel ripped off! They said they have a money back guarantee but did not even mention any of this to me AFTER the so called work was done. VERY UPSET CUSTOMER HERE! Sad that companies do this to people now. I'm on disability so they took advantage of a disabled person as well here. Just sad and pathetic. BEWARE!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 8, 2020

Wish I could give a zero star‼️ Paid $1500.00 for a bedbug treatment and no good results. Still have bugs after carefully following their recommendations for preparation which is not an easy task and having to leave my home for 48 hours which they don’t mention until the day of arrive, which was an added expense for hotel. Of course after 25 day I called to complain and they did come back out and supposedly retreat but same results, no preparation was necessary because I still had not put things back in place that were taken out of my home bagged and laundry.

They fail to tell you that follow-up treatment is recommended especially with the product they use (PT221L) which can be purchased for under $20.00. Fortunately they happen to left a can behind which I think was pure accident. They give you a 30 day warranty, but nowhere I’ve research or read bedbugs requires only one treatment. I’m not an exterminator but everywhere I’ve read of research clearly states retreat within 12-15 days along with other products.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 7, 2020

We hired Terminix last fall to do an exclusion installation. 1. Fencing around lower deck area. 2. Closing up all entry points for attic mice. Sam the tech tore up our Newly installed landscape, and did a horrible job. The supervisor Nate, came out days later with a horrible attitude. He never apologized for the poor service. However he agreed to bring out a second crew to fix. It took them over a week to come back out. The second crew including supervisor, took liberties that were not agreed. They threw their trash on top of our bush trees, destroying them. They never fixed our walking bricks. The walking bricks are not secure as they were before. They trampled down and covered up part of our newly installed plants with rocks. Bottom line our landscaper requested $1000.00 to repair their destruction. Terminix refuses to acknowledge or take responsibility. We will never recommend them for anything.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville