Call toll free
4.25/5
    1999
Based on 2,972 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10391 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

They are very inconsiderate. You are afraid to ask for help. They do not return your calls or texts at appropriate times. They did not bring mouse or rat traps with them and try to get your money and then give you really bad service. I am so disappointed. I'm disgusted. I have been very patient. I have wasted days waiting for them and they wouldn't show up. I want a refund and I even don't think they deserved one star. Will hire another company.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I agreed and paid for a one time service with no recurring visits. I have now received a bill for unwanted, not contracted, and not performed service. 7/13/18 Door to door solicitor offered a ONE time service costing $104.94 (incl tax). I agreed to the ONE time service and paid IN FULL with a check. 7/16/18 Terminix tech performed the service to my satisfaction. 11/3/18 Received bill (380300131) for service provided on 10/25/18. I have NO knowledge of anyone from Terminix being here on that date. I called Terminix and was told that someone from the local office would contact me.

11/5/18 Greg from local office called and I offered to show him a copy of the original receipt. After seeing the receipt, he agreed that there shouldn't have been any follow-up visits. He made a copy of the receipt and said that he would take care of it. 12/2/18 Received a call telling me that my account had an outstanding balance. Called back and was told that Greg from the local office would contact me. NO ONE has contacted me. 12/8/18 Received TWO overdue notices in mail.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Terminix rep came to house on Monday 11/12/18. Pricing seemed reasonable so I gave him my cc. He wrote it down, said he'd have to send it in to corporate and the next day I'd receive an email detailing my service quote and receipt. And service would begin on Thursday. I went to use my debit card on Wednesday morning to get coffee. My card declined. I called the bank and learned on Tuesday, my card had been used at several locations without my permission. The service rep was the only guy that had my cc on Monday and I had never received an email as promised. I informed the company via their main website contact me form regarding what happened, never received a reply. The service guy called on Thursday prior to coming to my house to begin work, I declined service and told him what happened. Again never received a reply from the company. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I was having issues with roaches and then I got a good technician from Terminix that comes out to my house. He's a very good gentleman to work with. He tried to show me the ins and outs and what’s supposed to be taking place. But evidently, right now, it ain’t taking place because I still have the problem. Not as bad as it was at first, but there’s still too many roaches. The treatment is supposed to be every three months, but he has been here every other month or so, because he's been trying to get to the bottom of it.

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Terminix comes out once a year on a routine schedule for termites. They send me a bill once a year and I pay for it. They come out and do what they need to do to inspect for termites. But most of the time they come out when I’m at work and I can’t let them do the inside. They just chose to make the appointment for me, then they left me a note on the door that said they were here and couldn’t do the inside. If they had asked me, I probably would have been there. They wind up doing the outside and not the inside. This last year they did but it has been a while.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Terminix comes twice a year and they get the pest activity under control. The technicians and the reps have been very good and I have had no problem with them. I will tell my friends that Terminix is good and to go ahead and use them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Long story short, I called Terminix to come and exterminate for bed bugs. It cost us over $1000 for service and a 90 day treatment was guaranteed also. They want you to also continue treatment yourself, which defeats the purpose of you paying them for it. They expect you to make the appointments after the 1st initial treatment so if you have a busy schedule, you won’t keep up with the 90 days treatment. Long story short, after 3 treatments from them since June, I still have bed bugs. I had to throw out my living room furniture which I’ve only had for 2 years and now I have to throw out both the beds in my kids room which are only a year old. They won’t respond to bad reviews either, only to the good ones. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Terminix mostly comes out for termites and the representatives are friendly and cooperative. They come out once a year, go around the house and check, and sometimes, they'll spray. It depends on what they find. Since our last service, a few ants have started to show up but I probably wouldn't be contacting Terminix until after the first year. I also get a problem every now and then where they would overcharge me on my yearly bill. But I would talk to them about it and they would change it. I have no problem with Terminix overall and I have even recommended them several times.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Terminix comes around and inspects periodically, and they are very professional. But recently, they didn’t adequately notify me ahead of time that they were coming. So my experience in scheduling a service with them wasn’t good because I didn’t know they were coming. They came out of the blue and inspected, but they didn’t come in the house because I wasn’t home. Other than that, the techs that comes out are regular guys that do their job. They treat my home for termites and hopefully I don't see any.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’ve had Terminix for nine years since I bought the house. The process of getting scheduled is reasonably easy. It happens once a year and I do it both online and over the phone. The technicians did a routine inspection recently. They were very professional and gave me updates on what they found. They also offered suggestions. Terminix did what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had a roach issue at my home and I got Terminix' service to get rid of it. Scheduling the service went pretty well and getting them to come out was a little easy. When they came, they told me that if I didn't need them, they'd stop coming. So when they did the first treatments and it really worked, I did not call them for a second service.

But I was surprised that the guy called me and said that he was on the way for a second treatment. When I opened the door for him, I told him that I didn't have the roach issue anymore and he didn't have to go to my house. He said he was not going to but I had to call Terminix. But he works for Terminix and I didn't have their number. Also, I have their service for two houses and they've always been the ones that called me when the techs went to do the work. So, I didn’t call Terminix and the guy didn’t call me again. I would tell friends to be careful in dealing with Terminix but I'd also tell them that the company does a good job in eliminating pests.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Terminix has been coming out once a quarter for our service. They usually wanted to know what day we would be available, so I gave them that information. Then they called to let us know when they would come out and visit, and to tell us that they were on the way there. Usually, somebody different comes out every time, but the communication with Terminix has always been good whenever they called to let us know who would be coming out. Today, a tech came for a regularly scheduled visit and he was very nice. When the fellow got done, he explained all that he had done and he was quite thorough. Since our service with Terminix began, pest activity in and around our home has been very minor. The service has been doing its job.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have fire ants and wasps around my house. But Terminix is scheduled to come out every so often, so I was only dealing with the problem for a few weeks before I scheduled a respray and they came out within the next week. I scheduled the service online and it was super quick and easy. Also, my technician called me to verify when he was coming out. It was fantastic and I wasn’t home when he was here but he left a nice note about everything that he did on my door.

To my awareness, he sprayed the house and some of the bushes that had the wasps in it. He also kinda swept some of the areas that he was noticing that nests were being built and sprayed on the ground to ensure that the fire ants would go away. It's only been a few weeks now and I haven't seen any fire ants. I haven't seen any wasps either, so it looks like the treatment has been working. I'd refer my friends to Terminix. I've used them for years and they're a very great company. They also come when you call them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I would recommend Terminix. We had termites and what they've done did the trick. After the first year, there was one bait station that was close to the location that had the termites and it was eaten. When I had to rip out a wall and replace some stuff, the termites were all dead. However, Terminix is supposed to come out and check the termites every year and I am confused as to whether or not they are supposed to replace the bait stations every year or just check them. I have to constantly keep on them in order to get them to come out when they're supposed to. Other than that, the person who came out to replace the bait stations in our most recent service with them was very good.

Terminix response

We're happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Thank you and have a great day!

No response received
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Terminix normally comes out here once a year for the termites. When we first moved in, there was some old termite damage that we had to have corrected and cleaned up, get the household squared away, and put it under a bond with them. I’ve had it that way for 19 years now. When their technicians come here, they're nice enough. They inspect the house, make sure everything is good, and give us a clean bill of health. They have been out here thrice in the last two weeks about some termite damage. I've had three different guys so far but I still don't have a resolution and I'm waiting on a call from the regional office.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Terminix has been searching out and trying to take care of our pest problem with underground critters that are digging holes all over the yard, around trees and bushes. Derrick from Terminix has been putting out traps, baiting and trying to see and monitor the results of that. He has been following up and so far, so good. This problem has been going on for three years. Terminix treats a hole and it closes up, but then another hole appears. We might have made some progress, but it's hard to really quantify.

Other than that, Terminix has also sprayed the whole house and outside for pest control. The incidence of sightings and infestations, such as scorpions, getting into the house has been reduced significantly over the last number of years that we've been treating. The tech does a very good job on site. He's very courteous, good at following up, answering, investigating, and coming back to double-check on things even if we're not here. So, he's very thorough in that respect. I would recommend Terminix to others. Occasionally, when people are a little lax with open doors and not following up, things do get in. But all in all, we've been lucky.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We have the Terminix service for pest control every three months. They notify us as to the date that the tech will be here and give us a timeframe like from 8:00 to 11:00. And we are going to be here. If not, we’ll try to notify the tech, especially the one that has to come inside the house. Most recently, a tech came and treated the house. Everything was fine and we really liked the tech. He was a good, friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about providing us service. He was probably the fifth tech we’ve had since we’ve lived here. All of the techs were very cordial. But this person was extra special in that sense.

The only issue I have with Terminix is that it seems as though they are raising prices faster than our income rate is going up. I called them last time that there was a notice of a price increase and the representative I talked with asked me if I was a veteran, which I am, so she gave me some kind of a discount on that basis. When all was said and done, the price for the quarterly service was reduced to a few dollars less than what I was paying at the time.

I also feel that the termite service is overpriced for the annual cost. We pay around $300 plus just for that service. Terminix techs come out every so often and do something including an annual termite inspection, which for the last two times we were not here when it was done. But we were notified that it was going to be done. We have also asked Terminix once for a special treatment when we had a kind of a special infestation. With Terminix, we haven’t complained very much. We would be complaining if we had a huge problem with bugs though.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I had to have somebody to make sure I didn’t have any pests around and I've been with Terminix for years. They come on a regular basis every three or four months and they call me to schedule the service. Right now, I got a lady who comes out to do the treatment and I like her. She is really good and friendly. But they change the tech from time to time. So far, Terminix keeps everything under control and things are always as good as when they started coming out.

Terminix response

We love when our customers are satisfied! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

One of their representative first get into your door by advertising a one time spray for 150$... once he is in and you are about to sign their contract my husband ask again it is for only a one time. The guys then say, "Yeah well every 3 month..." so my husband wasn't happy because this wasn't mentioned at the door. We decided, "Well let's try it." The technician who was suppose to spray arrived 44 min late. Then 5 min later is about to leave my house. I ask him how long will it take to spray... he said they do not spray the inside and again not what was promise. He only put some gel behind my oven when my entire house had spider.

My husband called and complain... another technician was suppose to come and spray the house... my husband took a half day off to be there. No one show up... no one called... we tried to have our money back for wasting our time and money but 1 month later we still can't get them to reimburse us. This company tries to get into your door by being dishonest... then they do not spray like planned and you run after them for your money... it's the worse deal I have ever had. Beware before you sign anything with them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Whenever Terminix comes out quarterly, I am notified when they are coming and I say yes or no. They send me an email so I know to let the dogs in. They come during the day when I’m at work and they spray for bugs. The pest activity in my home has been reduced since they came. I have had a quick and easy experience with Terminix.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have had a good experience with Terminix. Scheduling for my service calls was very simple and it was done online. They sent emails saying that it was time to have my service and to confirm yes or no. Then, a technician came and knocked at the door. She did her job and had me sign in her little computer and left. We have had the house treated inside twice and they treated all around the house and the grass. Since they have been out, the pest activity has been better but we still have alley cats and the fleas are controlled and are not as bad. I am very happy and satisfied with Terminix. I have been using them for five months and they got the job done.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Terminix treats my river cabin quarterly and they are doing a great job. I have been with them for three years and they deal mostly with spiders, crickets and bugs. Rodney has been my guy from the very beginning and he does an excellent job. He is very thorough and would always call me before he comes and also, he would let me know what the results were. The pests are still there but are way less since we started with Terminix. I pay online and everything is working good but it would not be bad if Terminix would lower their prices. That aside, I recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Terminix came out to my house to check out some very old damage that was not related to anything in the house. It was in every wood in the house and we found it when the floors were refinished, so we had them come out to check it. Apparently, it was nothing. But they were diligent about it and checked everything. I also have a regular service with them which they do bi-annually and I’ve been using them ever since I bought the house in 2000.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Terminix came out to inspect our attic because we had squirrels there and they have put in traps. They came out recently to check if anything was in the traps. They have outstanding service. They’re right on time, can always see me within 24 hours and address all of my concerns. I always have an issue when I call the 1-800 number but I got the direct number of our technician so that makes it easier. I would tell my neighbors to use the services of Terminix.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Terminix comes out a couple of times a year and checks their termite traps. They came out more often when I first started the contract and now, they've been coming out less often. The latest time they came out, I called them because I thought I saw some termite activity. The guy came out and checked the traps. He also drilled a couple of holes where I thought I saw some termite activity, but he didn’t find anything. The price of Terminix is too high, but still, I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I've been with Terminix for over 10 years and since we started with them, we haven’t had any problem with termites since then. Their tech was out here recently for a yearly inspection. They called and set up the time and the tech showed up on time. He inspected, walked inside-out, and he did a good job to me. He was friendly, too.

Resolution response: Dec. 5, 2018

Surprisingly, I received a call from Jeremy, a manager in the local office. He was accommodating and provided a couple of telephone numbers for local contact. I was NOT surprised that he was unaware of the problem. It seems that the Terminix communication system is designed to consolidate all customer contact to a call center in Florida, thereby eliminating the need to deal with annoying customers on a local level. My experience with that call center is dismal. The employment criteria seem to be limited to being able to walk and chew gum simultaneously. I revise my rating upward based on Jeremy's response, but my critical comments of Terminix's approach to customer relations stand.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Terminix does a monthly pest control service and they let us know when it's time for the service by telephone and email. The technician, if we're home, tries to make contact with us when he's here and the techs that have come out have been fine. However, we've been a Terminix customer for more than 30 years and the thing that I find absolutely amazing is that in that 30 years’ time, I've never seen or talked to anyone above the level of their service technician. And that only way I've ever been able to get anything accomplished is because I became friends with the service tech. When I call Terminix, I end up talking to a call center in Florida and they are next to useless. I need to speak to somebody at the management level in the local office, not in Florida.

We have canceled two services that were on-going, the annual services because of the fact that we couldn't schedule. They would tell us, arbitrarily when they were gonna show up, and they did not show up and didn't reschedule. If it wasn't for the local technicians, we would terminate the service. The only line of defense they've got are these guys that show up here every month. Beyond that, it's a mindless, uncaring organization.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have an issue with being over billed for services and I cannot get the issued corrected or receive a call back. Problem has existed for 4-5 months. Very poor customer service. Even though the initial services you receive when you call customer support is good but it seems they do not have the authority to correct my problem and I have been promised on 5 or 6 different occasions that someone would call me back but it never happens.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have been with Terminix for four years, and for a couple of months over the summer, I had to make several calls back because I was having consistent issues with roaches, spiders and ants. I felt like a couple of times, it was just literally a run-through. It wasn’t very thorough and I feel like that’s why I had to call back to have two more service calls. With one of the guys, he tells me that I'll be fine, that he'll come back and drop some things off. There was even a time when a guy came through to do a treatment after one of my calls because I was having issues. And some of my blinds were messed up and it was not very customer service-friendly.

I didn’t feel like my home was treated as if they would treat their own. And if they would treat their own that way, then that’s definitely now how I would like my house. But it wasn't done with care and consistency. It was like, “Let me just go ahead so I can mark this off my list and get off work for the day.” Because I was towards the end on all their service calls because I work. I can’t sit at home from 9:00 to 3:00 or 9:00 to 12:00. I’m the type to do an end-of-the-day appointment.

Meanwhile, the customer reps over the phone were great. They say all the right things. The last time I called, the lady I spoke with was very helpful. I got frustrated ‘cause literally the day before, the guy had come out to spray again. I was in my closet and I saw a roach crawling from under a dresser. So, she took the time to put me on hold and talked with the manager and came back. She said that the reason that’s happening is that they’ve treated. She then told me to give it four days and if I still see something after, then I should call them back. As for the technicians, there was this short guy who was sent out because I also had problems with wasps.

The tall guy told me I needed to call back and have somebody else out because they couldn’t do a whole home assessment to figure out why I was getting wasps. And the first guy, who treats, gave me the wrong information. He didn't do the job there. And the other man who handles termites didn't even come to the house. He told me to just call in for the treatment. And if you keep calling for extra treatments, then that would alert the manager that your home is not being treated properly, and they’ll make the person come out and do the right thing. So, that was a little frustrating because I rushed home that day for him to come in and do the whole assessment that I was told would be done, and then he said he doesn't need to do that.

So far, I’ve had a few spiders, but that’s because it’s getting cold here. It's not the result of a bad treatment. And then there has been a couple of roaches but that even hasn’t improved since August. However, this past summer, there seemed to be an increase in pest activity out of the blue and I don't know the treatment that I'm on. There were times that Terminix came out and treated it from the exterior and I wasn’t home. They put a crate on my door, but I don’t know what they did. So, when those exterior treatments were happening, in my assessments, they didn’t do anything because I was having the same if not, an increase from the interior, which is an appalling thing.

Still I need to see how between now and the next summer’s gonna go because if I have to deal with what I dealt with this year, I'd likely go work with somebody else. I paid too much money to have issues. Every year, I have an issue with wasps, spiders, as well as ants and roaches. It’s the same four things every single year. Other than that, there's this tech I had two years ago. When he came, he literally spent about an hour and a half on my house. He treated every corner, he was up in the attic. He was the only thorough field service person I‘ve ever had.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Terminix is horrible and the most unprofessional company I have ever met in my life. They were supposed to spray for bugs and they did. But the technician came out unannounced, so when he showed up at 10:30 in the morning, I answered the door and I was in my underwear. Then said person went to his company and told everybody about it. About a couple months later, that technician told the neighbor that lived down the street that I said that the other technician that came to my house and sprayed for bugs was a wife beater. He also said that I got that other technician fired because I said that.

The two managers that run this Redding district, Ken and Robert, are like family members with the first technician that was at my house spreading rumors. So he’s not fired but they fired the other one. I called them 40 times but they wouldn’t even call me back. Then one of them called and said sorry that he hadn’t called me for three weeks. He said he was hunting and he was talking about it, but I didn't care about that. They also tried charging me for cancelling my membership because I didn’t want the first technician out here anymore. They said they didn't understand my reason and that what I told them would never happen.

Other than that, while I was with Terminix, I got the service where they were supposed to come out quarterly and spray outside. After the first time that they came out, they said I wouldn’t have a problem for four months because of whatever they sprayed. But I live by the river and there are so many spiders and bugs. They're everywhere, so it wasn’t enough to be a quarterly service. So I was gonna have them come out more, but they didn't wanna do that.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville