It's that easy Request Information
4.61/5
Based on 3,854 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

9295 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

Terminix does monthly routine service for us. They schedule it and they are extremely flexible in changing anything that we need to be changed because of work. The same young man always comes out to our home. He is friendly, explains really well, and does a thorough job. Since he has been coming out to treat pests for us, there hasn’t been any pest activity at our home and we could get the grandkids to go home. Terminix' service is worth what we are paying.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We are a small apartment complex and we have seven buildings plus the office building. Each building contains four residents and we have the monthly contract with Terminix for them to come and spray two of the buildings on a rotating basis on the outside for spiders and general pests. Recently, we had a new technician who has been out here once. The gentleman prior to him came when he was in the area and stopped by. He also came out in August of last year because we ended up with bedbugs. Their service has been good, so far.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I was having issues. I reached out to Terminix and I have a regular setup with them. They come out every once a year and so far, the technicians who came out were excellent.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Somebody came by and sprayed outside my house. However, I’m seeing some big, black ants inside of my house so I would call Terminix to schedule something. Otherwise, Terminix is on point with appointments and they call me a couple of days in advance before they come over. The technician I met was very polite and helpful. He was very professional, easy to talk to in person and knowledgeable in what he does. I would tell others to go ahead with Terminix. They are good with prices and they do what you say they're gonna do.

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 22, 2018

It was part of our quarterly contract that we have for Terminix for spraying on the outside of the house and to take care of the cobwebs and nests. Scheduling with them is very smooth and they contact us before and they contact us after and during. Their tech has a high level of service. I know when they arrived and I know when they had completed the service so that no one strange is walking around for the neighbors to report. Since we have had that service of bugs coming in, we have not had any major problem at all. We've lived in several cities and this is the second or third time that we've hired Terminix and we have found it to be always reliable and helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: June 22, 2018

Terminix set up all the termite stations. The day that the guy who came out and talked to me on getting the termite station was here, I paid him. And then two days later, another guy come out and put all the setup stations in. But, I had told him then that I didn’t want the pest control yet. Nevertheless, they handled it all professionally. They had courtesy. I went to Florida for a month, so I just got back and I've decided to go ahead and take out the pest control. However, I haven't got a hold of anybody yet to let them know.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Terminix comes out every quarter or more often if we need them. We have to schedule for the inside spray to make sure somebody comes in if we need it. We usually have the same technician and his name is Greg. He’s a wonderful man, very professional and always explains what he does and he makes sure everything’s taken care of.

What I don’t like is that I have to wait for them to come to the regularly scheduled date rather than come out when I need them because I got spiders or ants. The spiders were taken care of. Then I have a peony bush on the side of my house and evidently, that brings little ants in because peonies need ants and vice versa. I don’t want the peonies to die, and Greg was out. He would say that we might see ants for the next few days, but the ants would carry the poison back to the other ants, so then it would take a few days for them to die off. But if after a certain amount of days and we still see the ants, we could call Terminix and he would come back out. He’s always very thorough and we really like him.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Terminix was great. They took care of what they needed to take care of. They were efficient and explained it all to me, and I had a very positive experience. I have a quarterly service for mice and part of the reason they came was because of the squirrels in my roof. Scheduling the service with them was not a problem. I called them up, and the reps explained to me what they could do and how much it would cost, and that was really simple. I talked to a couple of different companies, and theirs was the most positive in terms of their approach.

The techs solved my problems. One of their technicians in particular was an older gentleman who had been with the firm and in that area for the last 20 years. And he knew a lot of the people in the area. He actually knew my mother, which is kind of funny but he was very polite. And then the young man who did the large animal issue that I had was very professional and explained to me what he was doing and what I need to look for. It's nice to have people who come who are polite, courteous, and respectful of you and your property, and the Terminix team was.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I’ve got the 10-year termite thing with Terminix even though I don’t have any termites because I built my house three years ago. The guy that comes now to do ants and spiders on my porches has been really good. If I call him, he comes out for sure and he does a good job. The Terminix service seems to work really well. There are less spiders and ants on my porches. And the tech also went underneath my house, in the crawlspace and did everything, so that was good.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Terminix usually schedules our routine service and then they call me ahead of time. Their technicians have been great, for the most part. They show up on time and do their work and leave me information about what was done.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was having an issue with mice and I called Terminix to schedule a service. The rep I spoke with was very good and was able to accommodate my schedule immediately. The technician was very good, too. I had a very good experience with Terminix.

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Terminix technician came out to deal with my carpenter bees and he was very polite and professional. He was also very concerned about the problem. It was less than a week ago that he treated for the bees and it seems to have improved.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We were seeing ants in my kitchen, particularly on my counter, so I called Terminix on Thursday and told them what I needed. Charles came on Saturday morning and he did a good job. I didn’t want to spray poisons in the house and he agreed. He gave me some ant cups and he sprayed then left. I've had Terminix for a long time now and whenever I need to schedule for Charles to come out, he tells me when he has an opening and I can either take that or schedule another time. He's very nice and wonderful. Terminix does good and I'm happy for as long as they do their job. Also, I would recommend them.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I called Terminix a month ago and the technician came and sprayed in the house, but I'm starting to find ants in the bedroom again. I called them on a Sunday and I left a message on his voicemail. Overall, I've had a good experience with Terminix.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was pleased with my experience with Terminix. I had ants and the technician that came out was very good. I asked him lots of questions and he was able to answer them all and do what I needed too. He covered everything in the beginning like what I should expect when he came, and when they would come back. And if I needed any in between, I could call and let them know. They were very friendly and very nice too.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have a contract with Terminix and they come once every three months. Where I live is in the suburbs and I live on a site that used to be a farm so it has a lot of bugs. I don’t have any bugs getting into the house so much but I wanna keep it that way and that’s why I let Terminix come. They’re very easy to work with. They automatically give me a call to tell me when three months is up because they come out quarterly. And if it doesn’t meet with my scheduling, I can always change it so that makes it pretty convenient.

I've been with Terminix for four years now. It was a little bumpy in the beginning because some of the technicians weren’t so good but the one I have now really works out well for me. He does everything comprehensively and thoroughly, and anytime I want him to comeback, he comes back. He only had to do that one time because I was having an issue with spiders in my basement. He sprayed the basement again and I haven’t seen them since. So I’m pretty happy with the service. I Terminix not to change the technician because I’m gonna get upset. That’s how good he is. It’s well worth trying because if you get my technician, you’re not gonna have any problems at all, or if you have problems, they'll go away.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Terminix comes once in 3 months and spray for pests, hornets, wasps and mice. We live in the mountains so they have to come 50 miles. They usually call to get an appointment because they won’t be able to get inside the house if we’re not home. I've been using Terminix for a year and they've been good.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We’ve had Terminix for years. We kind of live out in the country and there's lots of spiders and bugs. So we just started with them. They call when it’s time to have our treatment done and also before they show up. They show up on time, on the day they’re supposed to. They’re just very respectful of the property and wore those little foot coverings. They change the little sticky things that catch bugs and checks under sinks. They just do a very thorough job and they have all those things that you would want in a service that’s being provided to you. And if there’s a bug, something that’s dead that I’ve seen, they’re knowledgeable. We’ve just been very pleased with their performance. They're on top of it.

Original review: June 22, 2018

There were ants in the house so we started to have Terminix but they’ve been doing follow-up service on the outside of the house as well. They called the morning or the day before the service, and said that they would be here at an approximate time. Their customer service was handled very well. The technician has a good personality and does excellent work. I watched him and he did what he was supposed to do. He was all around the house and all the windows. I haven’t had any ants since they’ve been getting out. I’m really satisfied with the service. Terminix is a dependable company.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We've been using Terminix for years and this is our second house with them. The first tech we've had was wonderful. We've had him for a long time. Now, we have Ricky and he is very responsive. I like him. In the past, it’s taken several applications to solve our bug problem, but this year we were fortunate in that we had just a small problem with ants and when Ricky put out the clear little boxes, they disappeared almost immediately. Since then, we haven't had them back so it's a good year. There has been an occasional spider’s web too, but that’s it. If it bothers you to have any kind of bugs inside your house, you should use Terminix.

Original review: June 21, 2018

One of our rental homes was experiencing ants inside and outside the house. About a month ago, they were really extreme and the techs had to come out a couple of times to try different approaches to get rid of them. Scheduling that was pretty easy. We’re on a quarterly schedule with them and I usually email them to get them to come back out if something happens in between those schedules. They treat me well and it goes really good. They're prompt, thorough, and professional. They try to do a good job and the ants have gone away, which is extremely impressive ‘cause we thought we aren’t gonna ever get rid of them.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I work on a very odd schedule. Sometimes I work days, sometimes I work nights. It depends on the day. So normally, the Terminix technician would call and tell me that I have an appointment, then I gotta call and reschedule it. But this last time, the guy called me and said, “I’ll be there tomorrow.” And I said, “Nobody’s gonna be home tomorrow.” And I never got a call. I don’t like the fact that they'd make an appointment and assume that I'd be there. They should send a notice or something. Nonetheless, the technicians that came out and inspected for termites and sprayed for bugs were great. They did a great job, explained everything as they were going and were very professional. I’d tell others to use Terminix too.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I recently had a follow up from Terminix because I had some little red mites all over my yard. Their technicians called to see if it was okay for them to be early. I knew they were coming as they texted me when they were on their way. Everything was perfect. All the people who came out to do the service were really good ambassadors for Terminix. They dusted and sprayed my yard and they told us what was going on with the pest work. They were all knowledgeable and kept me informed about what they were going to do.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We had Terminix at our house before, then I sold my house, but I kept my contract with them for their pest control service and I carried it over to my current home. I now live in a a bug-infested condo and I had Terminix come out, and the technician sprayed my interior rooms. Sometimes I have hornets and flies too, so he made sure that he sprayed the patio area well and he sprayed around my windows and window sills too. Then he sprayed my utility closet which had sat on my patio. I also had a problem with mice in my utility closet, so he set some traps and checked on these when he came out. The technician that comes out has been very good. I've had him since I've been here at the condo and he takes care of this area. He said he had some other clients in these condos.

Since Terminix has come out, I have definitely noticed a difference in the pest activity in my new home. I don’t have as much of a problem with pests or insects getting inside of my condo and my patio seems to be controlled for pests better. I would recommend them to people having pest issues. I usually try to do word-of-mouth promoting and tell people that Terminix is one of the better pest control companies and I like the fact too that their treatments are pet-safe and pet-friendly because I have a cat. Terminix is definitely very good. If you've got any pest issues, they would come back and make good on the service for you.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We’re scheduled with Terminix for a quarterly spray. The technician who comes out has been very good, and there were no ants since the service. I would recommend Terminix.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We own three apartment complexes and we have all three of them covered by Schendel, which is owned by Terminix. We have a contract and we have them come once a month. They do preventative spraying for everything, including bed bugs and cockroaches. They also do the heat treatment for the bed bugs. We had one apartment that had them and Terminix got rid of them. We also had people who just moved out and there are some roaches that we didn't know about. We're getting rid of those fast but otherwise, we seldom have a problem. We've also always had a very good relationship with the techs and the current people we're dealing with are superior to anything I've ever had to deal with. All we do is call and they are there. They are very professional, available and quick to respond. I also like the quality of their service and their products. I would recommend Terminix to anybody.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We have Terminix for our residence and place of business. In our residence, we have the monitors for termites and they do exterior as well as exterior treatments to take care of insects. The techs who come out are very good. We’ve been with Terminix for several years now and they’ve been doing a great job for a reasonable price. They also handled any of the problems that we’ve had and I would recommend them.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Terminix has been fabulous. I told them to come out and do a follow-up for ants, and the young man who came out really took his time. He explained some stuff to me and was very professional. He went above and beyond and was very thorough. It was great customer service and the pest situation has vastly improved too. I haven’t seen ants in the house or even out in the back. I’d recommend Terminix.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Terminix has been great. I've been with them for a year and I'm on an automatic schedule, and they just let me know when it was coming up and set me up with the time. Their service person recently came out for the quarterly visit and did the normal check. He went around the house, cleaned up all the cobwebs, sprayed everything for spiders and talked a little bit and then he headed out to the next job. Terminix takes care of my bug problem.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have my quarterly preventative maintenance with Terminix for ants and the issue gets better when they come. I've been with them for a few years now and I never had a problem. I just wanted to get on an established scheduled. They provide a good service for good value and their technician is always professional and very nice.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs