toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I don't have any pest activity because I got Terminix the minute I moved into this house because I don't like pests. In the past, we've had a different guy each time. Now, for a couple of years, we've had the same gentleman, and I love him. He knows exactly what's going on, and what he needs to do. Terminix are always doing fine.

I moved into a house that had been vacant for almost a year. The first week that I lived here, the ants just about took me over. I had tried to cook my Christmas dinner, and then all of these ants started coming out, so I had to just put everything away and call and beg Terminix to come on Christmas Eve. And they did. All of my experiences have been super good with Terminix. They come out every three months or whenever I need them. I have the nicest young man who comes. He’s conscientious about what he’s doing. He doesn’t rush and when I have a problem, he was here every time that I called. I’m very happy with Terminix. I would recommend them and have already recommended them to people that have asked.

I've had Terminix for years, and they're very good. They come as scheduled, and their technicians are friendly, and very helpful. If I have any problem, I just call them and they come to take care of it.

Great personal service. Addresses my concerns and give me advice about how to take care of my insect problem.

We have been customers of Terminix for many years. The service is excellent. The technicians are always courteous and professional. We would highly recommend our families and friends to consider using Terminix service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Been battling with German roaches on and off for the last 4 years. These guys came in and within a week I was barely seeing the roaches anymore. Now that it has been about four months, nothing. My house is finally bug-free and I can sleep in peace.

Enjoying my yard without mosquitoes. Daughter being pregnant made our yard so much more enjoyable. The Zika virus may never reach us, but the treatment makes us more relaxed. Also very nice not to have pesky mosquitoes buzzing in our ears and biting us. Since mosquitoes' bites on dogs can cause heartworms it's nice to have our dog protected. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress

Very dissatisfied with Terminix. It's been three years and they still can't get rid of the termites eating the walls in the house. It takes a very long time for the process to get back to the customer. I guess I should've went with Orkin. Also for three years paid for the Protection plan. They are not the strongest guarantee business. Poor results. I would rate them zero stars for they are zero pest control company. Out $2,000.00. STILL HAVE TERMITES.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Writing to warn other customers that they should stay away from Terminix. They have called to make us an appointment to inspect for termites, and we make an appointment, and the time comes and no one shows up. This has happened twice. One time they came when we did not have an appointment, it was scheduled for the following week, and left a notice stated they inspected the outside and INSIDE. We were in Houston that day with grandchildren, and were not home. I called the next day and the supervisor stated that the inspector was one of their best and is used to doing inside and outside of the house, and that is why it was checked inside.

We decided to give another chance. September 13, 2016 we had an appointment scheduled between 3 and 5 pm. At 5:10 pm we called the 800 number and they said, "I see where you an appointment for today, but it is rescheduled for Thursday 10 am to 12 am." WHO gave them the right to just reschedule without talking to the homeowners. Will go to office tomorrow and cancel protection plan. After reading that there is over 5,000 complaints, we do not feel it is right to continue with this company.

Resolution In Progress

Before we agreed to a termite contact, Terminix was easy to contact and they were there to answer any questions. After we bought the service we noticed termite activity a few months later. I called the 800 number and went through a horrible phone tree system until I finally got a hold of someone to report the new termite activity. This was a Saturday, so the person said that someone would call me that following Monday.

8 days later no one from Terminix has called. I called back today and explained the situation and asked why no one has called me back. They then said that someone will call me back in two days to see when an appointment could be scheduled. I asked to speak to a supervisor because I felt the service was unacceptable considering how expensive their termite plan was. I was then "transferred" and hung-up on. I would never recommend Terminix as a pest control service provider. Once they have your money, you are on your own. They even put a deceiving statement on their "Protection Guarantee" which states "Same-Day solutions for any of your termite needs". This is the most blatant piece of False Advertising that I have ever experienced.

We’ve been using Ron for at least the whole time we've been with Terminix and we've requested him when we moved to a new house. He’s our guy. We have our scheduling done routinely. Terminix would call a day or two before he's gonna be here with the estimated time. He's always been on time and any time there's extra work that needs to be done like we might see a new bug in the house or on the outside, he's always ready to come out and take care of it. The last experience has been great and we haven't had any pest activity.

If it wasn’t for Ron, I don’t know if we would still be with Terminix because of his level of customer service. He has been the best. The unfortunate thing is that it seems like Terminix's prices kept going up every quarter and they're making a lot. However, I understand that they've got to make money. We've recommended them to everybody we've spoken to.

No response received

Had Terminix come in early July for an ant problem by my back door and flying ants by my side door. "Technician" came and sprayed the doorways and exterior entry points. Within 3 days my kitchen was infested, all over cabinets. Had them tell me "It takes 3 weeks", had them come back and "put granules" outside and spray again. Almost two months later we still have ants, they have now moved to the other cabinets and now we are also infested with fleas!! (Not even blaming on them, but come on). Question is - why didn't he use anything in my kitchen around sockets, baseboards etc? I called customer service multiple times and they won't let you speak to the local branch. They try to handle it through an 800 number. Would NEVER recommend this company, they do bear minimum, and when they offer to "come back until pests are gone" good luck trying to schedule a timely appointment. Complete racket.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I called Terminix on Friday Sept 2nd, was told by the customer service rep that someone would be coming to my house on Saturday Sept 3rd between 1 and 3 pm for a mice problem. No one showed up or called. I called again on Sunday Sept 4th, spoke to an agent and he saw the comments from Friday's call and said he would have a manager call me 1st thing Tuesday Sept 6th. No one called. I called again on Tuesday night Sept 6th, spoke to an agent, said she would email a regional mgr to call on Wednesday Sept 7th. Still NO CALL!!! This is unacceptable!!! I will never do business with Terminix and I will tell family and friends not to also. Complete joke!!!

Resolution In Progress

Buyer beware if you select Terminix for your fumigation needs. My neighbors' roof was severely damaged in the tenting process. In brief, during the tenting process several tiles were cracked and broken (125 to be exact). Rather than halt fumigation to consult my neighbor to see how to proceed, they completed fumigation knowing the roof was not structurally appropriate. When my neighbor complained of damage after, Terminix was quick to rely on their signed contract stating they weren't responsible for any damage. Mind you, the damage exceeds the actual cost of termite fumigation. The damage was so extensive and outrageous, no one would sign a contract if they knew they were risking damage to this extent.

Terminix was difficult to reach here at our local branch -- Jason ** (manager), Gerald ** (branch manager), and John ** (regional manager for Orange County, CA) all declined to return calls despite repeated efforts by their own Call Center to reach them to at least survey the damage themselves and discuss the unsatisfactory work that had been done by the Terminix crew. It is important to note, that 'some' damage is to be expected when tenting fumigation is done -- but, this was excessive. In their final report post-fumigation, Terminix noted 40 broken tiles. This was an outright lie. There were 125 upon a roofing inspection shortly after. This is when Terminix stopped responding to all communications to discuss. Essentially, they took the money and ran, is all that we can conclude at this point. Terminix is nothing short of a risk in our neighborhood's opinion. Sloppy work and absolutely no accountability.

Our Terminix service is routinely done at some regular frequency. They come in and they leave with little fuss and little mess. The result of their effort is the fact that we are bug-free, and that pleases us greatly. The technician was always prompt, very efficient, very pleasant to speak with and work with. He had a warm smile and a “Good day to you!” and he's on his way.

With their service, we have very little problem with our home. We're very pleased with the product they used and continue to do so. There is no pest activity. In fact, we've had little activity in over a year. The last time there was pest activity, I called the local office here in Northeast Florida, and within a day, our technician was on site. He responded promptly, cordially and dealt with the issue. He was gone and so was the issue. We've been customers for 15 years possibly and we are very confident with Terminix providing service and continue to invite them back here year after year and we do so gladly.

These people are the best from the office staff to the techs. They are prompt and know their stuff. Very helpful. They noticed a frozen pipe leak while they were doing their regular service. We were out of town and they left us a message. Since it was on the side of the house, who knows how long it would have taken us to see it. They saved us a big problem and a big bill.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2016

After 3 weeks, I was able to receive a phone call from management and my credit was issued. Closed to my satisfaction. I update my rating to 3 stars. Service was good, still no bug issues. Took away 2 stars for the 3-week credit delay and consistent miscommunication. I would still recommend the service, just make sure you are aware of the next billing cycle and be OK with an unannounced change in service schedule times.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

Agents were helpful and kind setting up 3 month contract. I left a rave review with a link that they sent me. Now I feel the entire company is deceptive, corrupt and sneaky. Of course, the link they sent won't let me modify my review. We were told the original $169.00 for the three month period would cover all services for 3 months (1 quarter). We could call anytime within this time frame and there would be no further charges.

1st appt was set for a Saturday afternoon. They showed up Saturday morning instead. Whatever. I called to request further services as the bug problem still remained. I set up an appt and no one ever showed. When I called to see why, they said the only record of service they had for me was for a termite inspection (which is not why they were there, nor did I want). I asked them to please send someone out and they told me they didn't have another appt for 2-3 weeks. When I said that was not acceptable, and I wanted someone to come out that day, like they had said they would I was told that they don't work weekends. (Of course this is after they had already been to my home on a weekend).

I asked to talk to the manager at the shop that was handling my account and they refused to put me in touch with him. I set up another appt and again they showed at the incorrect time. I just called for one last service before my quarter ended and appt was set for a Monday at 5pm. Instead, they show up Saturday at 9:30am! (Again after I was told they don't work weekends!) This time they charged me $129.00! When I called to dispute the charge and request a refund, I was told they billed me "early" for the next quarter. I told them I did not want another quarter, and we argued politely. I was told my account was cancelled and a refund would be processed within 24-48 hours.

I just called back after not seeing a refund and was told my account was not cancelled and that I had been informed incorrect for the past three months about additional charges. I still wanted my account closed and issued a refund. I was on hold 20 minutes and transferred 4 times only to be told the same thing I was told when I first requested the cancellation and refund, that the account was cancelled and the refund that they were so quick to charge, would be expedited to management for consideration.

I think they should consider doing the proper thing today or I will be contacting the BBB. None of this is acceptable. The only positive thing out of this ordeal is that after 1 treatment a month for 3 months, the bugs that they were called for are finally gone. I feel I have been nothing but inconvenienced and mislead. Most of the time I get thrown into the computer for customer service. When I can reach a representative, they are usually kind, but not helpful in solving any of these problems. I would still like to speak to the manager at the local branch, which apparently trying to get him/her on the phone is similar to talking with the President of the USA! Maybe I will stop by in person!

Terminix has always been professional. They always tell me of the service ahead of time so I'm never surprised. Our usual technician, Manny, is fabulous. He is the best. The technician before him was also magnificent.

I have my service for 10 years or more now and I've always had satisfaction. Whenever I had an issue, they were immediately taken care of. Terminix was pretty quick to the rescue. So far, I haven't seen any problems. I found a few dead bugs in the house since the last time we've had somebody here inside the house. My only issue is I have a finished basement and the house has a couple of openings, so I always have spiders coming in. So I need to recoat or winterize my windows or doors because they have easy access to my house. But I need to do that for my part and I guess there is nothing that Terminix can do about it. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Your service and your staff are excellent. You come timely if I see any little creatures (ants) in my home. I love Terminix!

I have a yearly contract with Terminix. Most recently they came by and checked to see if there were termites and there weren't any.

My experience is always pleasant. We have a very nice service technician who I like and I'm impressed with. He's always friendly, reliable, courteous and he knows what he's doing. Terminix sends me a notice to schedule their service and that works fine. I also have the ability to change the service time by clicking a link in the email notification I get, so that’s very easy. Their service makes things better than before. It is more than satisfactory and not intrusive at all.

The tech showed up on time. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and took care of my issue quickly with a minimum of disturbance. Haven't seen a bug since his visit.

I'm beyond satisfied! My technician comes back immediately whenever I have any issue. He also let myself and my husband, we can feel free to call him whenever needed.

My service with Terminix is automatic. The technicians just come and spray, and they're always friendly and professional. It's been an awesome experience.

We have both the termite and pest service from Terminix, and they seem to do a good job. We have it performed routinely, but once in a while, we have to change the time. They’ve always been very cooperative and helpful with that. We see the pest control people every other month, and the termite people come once a year. So far, the pest people have been very pleasant. If we find something after they’ve gone, they come back and spray again or do what they're supposed to do. We haven't seen bugs or anything since the last service.

We were not looking forward to the results of a Terminix evaluation of our rat infestation. The evaluation was thorough and given to us by the sales representative in a very sensitive manner. After realizing our financial situation, he worked with us and others in the Terminix organization to set up payments. The follow-up service was remarkable and timely as the overall health of our family improved with the new insulation and removal of all rodent residue.

We've been with Terminix for many years and so far, no problem. The service is performed routinely every other month. The technicians were friendly, knowledgeable and are always here when they say they're gonna be here, and they do exactly what we want them to do.

Resolution In Progress

I have Terminix's service performed routinely, but sometimes they over-schedule their people. I called for an extra time and they scheduled someone, but they're scheduling so tightly that he couldn’t make it. Then I called again and they set a time, and evidently, it was a regular time. I had somebody here working and they went through the house and put out some mouse things, but the mouse was smarter so we didn’t the catch it. I was getting ready to call them again. I understand mice are hard to get, I still have my mouse so I need them back again.

I've been using Terminix for quite a few years now. The service comes routinely. If I have a complaint, an unusual problem comes up, or if I need some help, I'd feel free to call them and ask them to come out. But everything seems to be pretty well cared for and under control with what they do. I haven't got any problem right now with pest activity since our last service. Terminix has been real satisfactory overall.

Terminix Company Profile