Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars9%
  • 3 stars2%
  • 2 stars1%
  • 1 stars3%

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expert technicians ensure that your home and family are protected, while our range of services ensures that Terminix is prepared to handle any pest control need.

Great personal service. Addresses my concerns and give me advice about how to take care of my insect problem.

We have been customers of Terminix for many years. The service is excellent. The technicians are always courteous and professional. We would highly recommend our families and friends to consider using Terminix service.

Been battling with German roaches on and off for the last 4 years. These guys came in and within a week I was barely seeing the roaches anymore. Now that it has been about four months, nothing. My house is finally bug-free and I can sleep in peace.

Enjoying my yard without mosquitoes. Daughter being pregnant made our yard so much more enjoyable. The Zika virus may never reach us, but the treatment makes us more relaxed. Also very nice not to have pesky mosquitoes buzzing in our ears and biting us. Since mosquitoes' bites on dogs can cause heartworms it's nice to have our dog protected. Thank you.

We have used Terminix ever since moving into our home 6 years ago. Very pleased with the service. Technician is thorough and friendly and arrives in a timely way… We are very satisfied with the service, and if at any time we need a tech. to return, I call and an apt. is scheduled quickly. So, all in all, we only have very good things to say about Terminix! And, glad they are here for us!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Terminix has gotten rid of my pest problems in the past. I am happy with the service I have received. The technicians who have been to my house have all been neat, friendly and knowledgeable of their job. Thank you Terminix.

Jeff ** does an excellent job and is always on time and explains everything!

We selected the best service provider. They meet their obligation with a professional, friendly and positive attitude. Our agent makes it a point to assure we get any questions answered and treats us like neighbors rather than customers. We're very happy with the level of service and I recommend them to any and all.

Not only does Terminix e-mail you reminders of your upcoming service, but their professional technicians take time to call you and double check the time of your appointment and make sure they work with you on when they come by your house. If you have any questions, concerns or anything, Larry **, is a wonderfully pleasant person to work with. So friendly, polite and very professional. He truly seems to care about your concerns.

The tech that came here had such a great attitude. I had to leave and he locked up just like I asked him to do. Great service.

Terminix does an excellent job. I had a wasp nest in the eave of my house where I couldn't reach it or even see the nest. I probably used at least 12 cans of wasp spray trying to kill them with no success. Michael sprayed them for me when he came to take care of my house & now they are gone. I was very impressed.

I recently had Terminix install a sump pump in my cellar. It was the best money I have ever spent. Every year they come to inspect and it is always a very nice, polite young person. I had the second inspector come because the first one saw termite damage, but it was previous damage the second guy said. He was very interesting and told me about how Terminix got started. I really enjoyed his story.

I've always been very satisfied with the service that I've received from Terminix but during the last visit our technician gave new meaning to customer service. We didn't hear him ring the door bell when he arrived to service the inside and outside of our home so he serviced the outside and left. I didn't realize that he had been at the property so I called and asked if he forgot about us. After realizing that we didn't hear the door bell, the technician said that he would do his best to come back to our property if he had time in between his remaining appointments. He found the time and came back to service the inside of our house. This made my wife happy and when she's happy the whole house is happy. Thank you Terminix for great customer service.

Resolution In Progress

Called Terminix for one time Ant treatment. Rep told me it would be 249.00 and that they would be here the next day... Next day rep. came stating they no longer do one time treatments because they were proven ineffective. He also told me the contact Had no record of any transaction previously. BTW the rep the night before took my credit card info. There was no record of that either... We agreed on a plan and the first treatment was scheduled for the next day. That same day another rep showed up stating that he was here to do the one time treatment!! Very shady operation... Obviously the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing!! BEWARE!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 19, 2016

The matter was resolved by a prompt in-person visit from the regional manager in Canton. Very gracious and understanding regarding my complaint, explained why the miscommunication occurred and offered to complete the service right then. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

A few days ago we had a huge and aggressive infestation of yellowjackets in our log home. Seemed to come out of nowhere and basically took over the inside and outside of our house in rural north central Ohio. We called the Terminix national number to schedule an appointment and explained the urgency of our problem, and that both myself and spouse had already been stung by the insects getting through the walls and inside. We were told that a technician would be out the next day and that he would thoroughly treat the inside and outside of the house and remove any nests that were found, as well as treating entry points. We again stressed that the infestation appeared to be large, that the yellowjackets were in the walls (we could hear them from inside the house) and that they were an immediate hazard to those within and outside.

A technician arrived next day but, by his own admission, was totally unprepared to deal with what he found. He attempted to treat the infestation literally with a can of insect repellant and a small hand sprayer filled with Termidor. He claimed that he had no prior knowledge of the seriousness of our problem and didn't have the proper gear to deal with the aggressive yellow-jackets (no protective clothing, an inoperative truck pump sprayer etc.). He consulted on the phone with his regional manager who counseled him to not proceed with the job, and then told us that his manager would be contacting us later that day to arrange to have someone come out with the proper equipment as soon as possible. The technician kept reiterating that he hadn't seen anything like our infestation in a long time and that he was over his head.

I agreed that it was much more serious than what he had on hand to deal with the problem and repeated that the yellowjackets were in the house and that we had killed at least 15-20 over the past day and a half, having been stung twice in the process. He said that since the job was not complete, he would not collect the $200 dollar fee for his effort. We shook hands and he left at approximately 2:30 pm. Two and a half hours later I still had received no call from the manager, having killed another three insects in the process and having been stung in the neck. At that point I called the national Terminix number again and explained to a service rep that I was awaiting a call from the Canton Ohio regional manager to arrange to have our service completed ASAP. That service rep had no record of our service request or tech visit, even after giving him all our details.

I was transferred to what I think was a regional service rep who also had no record of our original call, but finally was able to dig up our address and phone number verifying that we had called the day before. However she had no record of our problem and asked me to explain again where the infestation was occurring. At this point I totally lost control and explained about the recent incomplete visit and call that I was waiting for. After being put on hold for 5 minutes with no explanation, I was patched through to the regional manager who informed me that he wouldn't be able to send anyone out until Saturday (today was Wednesday), and that if the yellow-jackets were in the house, that maybe I should call someone else. I pointed out that he had sent out a tech totally unprepared to deal with the problem and was informed that they had no information on the nature of the infestation or the seriousness of it prior to coming out.

As of this writing the problem still exists, we have a large nest of yellow-jackets living under our back porch, a house that has not been thoroughly sprayed as the Terminix tech suggested and our living with a danger to ourselves and our pets. I plan to cancel the Saturday appointment with Terminix and find someone locally who has a full grasp of what "serious" means, though the Terminix technician who was here seemed to appreciate the situation. Nice to know that Canton Ohio Terminix protects its employees from dangerous situations but couldn't give a damn about its customers or their safety!

I appreciate that we were able to not be at home while it was going on, since my husband and I work full time. We never even knew they were there, other than the packet left on the front door. They called ahead of time to confirm the appointment. Easy & No Inconvenience.

Robert is very professional and nice. He is thorough and takes care of any issues he finds. Whenever we call Terminix for the ghost ants, Robert will take care of that issue and also looks around to be sure there is nothing else that needs attention. He makes us feel we are getting the best service possible!

Resolution In Progress

I went through Terminix because I heard good reviews about them and I found out they are a ripoff. I did better by using Raid to kill roaches and my family did not become sick of the chemical as with Terminix and now they refuse to refund my money. I have been contacting them since July 22 about my refund and they give me a runaround every time. First it will be 5-7 business days, then they cut refund checks on the 1st and 15th of every month to know they can't find my refund and now they are telling me it take 2-5 weeks to process. I won't use them again or refer anyone to them. I paid for a year upfront.

Resolution In Progress

A Terminix technician treated our home in early June. A mere three and a half weeks later, I noticed several small black ants in my lower level bathroom. I cleaned them up and did not notice any additional ants in the bathroom that day. However, I woke up the next morning to find an infestation of the little black ants in the kitchen. I called Terminix that morning and the representative indicated the next available technician appointment was nearly a week later.

Naturally, I was extremely disappointed to hear I had to wait nearly a week to treat a massive ant infestation in the kitchen 3 weeks after Terminix treated my house. In any case, I made the appointment and when the day and time came, the technician was a no call no show. I went online and made another appointment, as calling to make appointments seemed to be useless. Two days after I made the appointment online, I received a call from Terminix. The rep indicated she could get me an earlier appointment because of the previously missed appointment. Lo and behold, when that date and time came, the technician was a no call no show yet again.

At this point I was fed up with Terminix. I read the contract which stated the technician was supposed to treat the interior and exterior of the premises on the first visit. Well our technician only treated the exterior perimeter of my house. I called Terminix and of course they tried to get me to wait yet another week for an appointment. I told them I was not going to deal with their incompetence and poor customer service anymore. I cancelled the remainder of my service contract.

I will never use Terminix or any ServiceMaster company again! Also if you google Terminix lawsuits you will see they were responsible for poisoning a family to the point of paralysis and brain damage in the US Virgin Islands. Further they poisoned a 10 year old boy in Palm City Florida. This company is a menace to society, beware!!!

Our service technician is always friendly, efficient and timely. I can depend on him to show up soon after the first day of the month. We recently had a problem with ants in the building. I called Terminix late in the afternoon and met the service technician coming into work the next morning! The ant problem was remedied the day after we discovered them.

My experience with Terminix has been very awesome. They come every 3 months and the technician is very consistent and very friendly and humorous.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I had an appointment today with a FOUR HOUR WINDOW from 1:00-5:00. They are a no-show. When I called customer service I was very polite about explaining my problem and she took my number and said that she would have a technician call me. I simply asked her if they get that message immediately and if so will they call me as soon as possible and she had a very bad attitude with me by responding "I don't know ma'am, I'm all the way over here in Tennessee and you are in Ohio so it's not like I'm standing right there with them." That was very rude of her to respond that way and I don't appreciate it. I have done my part by calling and making this appointment and making myself available on a Monday for 4 hours during the day and you have not done your part by simply showing up.

Had my annual termite inspection yesterday from Terminix. As usual my tech, Carlos, was on time. Did a thorough inspection and spent time explaining what to look for with a termite problem. Carlos has always been very friendly, professional and helpful over the years he has been my tech and is an asset to Terminix. I would definitely highly recommend him and Terminix.

Excellent service. Friendly, prompt & efficient. Explained in detail & easy to understand terms, my options. Professional.

Rob is very personal and knowledgeable tech. He always has a solution for a problem.

No worry about pests when you use the best. They get them all. No worry. We've called them about some strange stuff. They came and got rid of even squirrels stuck in our gutter.

David has done a great job keeping the bugs out. I don't see many bugs in the house anymore. It's a very rare occurrence.

Having been a Terminix customer for over 30 years, I have been pleased with the continual service I have had. Our service tech Daniel is friendly and more than willing to answer any question I have. Considering we live in a wooded area, things can come up. He always brought a treat for our dog who looked forward to treatment days and when she died, he was very kind. In addition everyone I have either spoken with on the phone or met face to face have been equally helpful. Keep up the good work. We always recommend you when anyone mentions they are looking into pest control.

We have a great technician. Her name is Melanie and she always prompt, works quickly and is always prepared to answer any questions we may have about our service, or what can we do about an issue. If she doesn't know the answer, she finds it and has called me back. That in itself is a rare quality.

Service crew was early, polite and efficient. Good communication ahead of the service to let me know the day/time to expect them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.
  • Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.
  • Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.
  • Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.
  • Customer service : The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.
  • Best for Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Terminix Company Profile