2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests they need to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

BOTTOM LINE

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

PROS
  • Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Satisfaction guarantee
CONS
  • Not nationwide
  • No specific pricing

Top Terminix Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens… and wiped it out quickly… We are very pleased with this service.

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. They are #1 in my book! Thank you Terminix.

Terminix Call Now Toll Free (855) 722-0329 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?
Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.
What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?
Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.
Is Terminix safe for pets?
Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.
How much does Terminix cost for mice?
It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.
Does Terminix have a payment plan?
For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The trouble I have that Terminix is taking care of is ants. They have traps inside and they also do an outside thing. Our most recent experience was in December. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the technicians only did the outside thing and didn't come inside to check the traps. They said it was because of COVID. I started seeing ants inside after the technicians had been out. They sent somebody else out again because the first guy refused to come in. The second guy came out and he did a really thorough thing. He told me the first guy shouldn't have refused to come in.

Every time Terminix calls me to tell me that the next appointment is whenever, they would say the technicians are doing it outside and I don't have to be here. I keep telling them it’s supposed to be on the inside too. They would supposedly do something and tell the people who are coming that they're supposed to come inside too, but the people get here and they refuse to come inside. There's a disconnect.

This past time, it wasn't such a big deal. The ants were pretty much gone at that point because of the winter. But the next schedule that’s coming up is in March and the technicians really need to come in and check the traps to make sure that there is food, bait, and everything like that in it. That aside, Terminix has helped me get rid of the problem so I'm somewhat satisfied. Before COVID, they were doing really well coming inside, checking everything, and making sure.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Deidre! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Our technician is a friendly, cool and laid-back guy. We have a good time talking every time he comes out and he always gives us exactly what we need. He told us how we can work with them to get rid of our main problem, which are rats. He had a guy come out already and told us what it will cost to get the house sealed off and let us know there's a 100% guarantee of getting rid of them. So, as soon as I get that money, it’s gonna happen quick. Everything else has been taken care of just fine, so I’m confident with Terminix. Everything that’s being used is working and everything's under control. There haven’t been any bug issues. I'm satisfied as I can be with the service. I usually use the website to schedule a follow-up but I’ve got my technician’s personal number. I could call him and I’ve got him on my Xbox friend list, too. I could ask him if he could make it out.

I was looking at the pricing options for getting the house sealed off so that we could take care of the rat option, and we don't have credit. So, I would suggest allowing a customer who already makes quarterly payments to add a little bit to that payment so that service can be done and it could pay off over time. We’ve been customers for two years and faithfully making our payments. Even if it’s a little late, we let them know. And Terminix has been understanding about most things. So, they could probably take that extra step too because that’s more money in their pocket and more that the customer can be satisfied with. Terminix is great and does the job. Our guy straight up lets us know the way we wanna go. They have these stations and he tells us which ones work best. He doesn’t fool around.

Terminix response

Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your service!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Terminix keeps calling me. They keep on telling me to do it whenever it's due. For this most recent one, I saw something that looked like what would have been mouse droppings and said, “Somebody better come out and look.” They didn't find anything, but they did what the job was. Somebody came and worked outside. The last one also involved somebody coming into the house. They have all been excellent through the years. I have been very pleased with them. The only thing I'm not pleased with is they used to leave me a piece of paper that gave a report, and now it all comes out online. But even in the pandemic, they wore masks and changed their shoes. I can open the door and go in another direction so I'm not near them.

I've never had termites. But we stay away from that. And the pests, even in the winter they’re all dead. Ants and stuff don't come into the house, particularly in the summer when Terminix gets rid of them outside. At some point, I had a creature flying around my dining room. I didn't know what it was. I called Terminix and I ended up with some other contract which was not worth the money, and in which they did nothing because they never found anything from it. But that was a couple of years ago and I've cancelled that contract now. But the quality of work on the termite and pest control contracts has been high.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Frances! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service! -Anchee

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

When I started the contract with Terminix, the technician came in and they were helpful. I was following the guy around. He was probably getting a little frustrated with me because I kept asking questions. Then I finally left him alone and let him do his job. I was offered the attic insulation and they came up with some numbers. We spoke about that. They did a good job and I’m happy with them.

Initially, the technicians were supposed to come out and do the termite remediation but they forgot to do that. So, I asked one of the sales reps and they asked the technician about it. He made a couple of emails and then a short while later, they were out. They dug up termite traps and placed them in the yard. The pest activity is on a sharp decline. So it’s nice. I started a month and a half ago. I was having a lot of spider activity. The wall spiders aren’t all that big of a deal but the brown recluse is what I was concerned about. I don’t see a whole lot more of them. So, they did a good job of eliminating their food source. It gets rid of the spiders once they go.

Scheduling a service has been great. Last week, I called on Thursday requesting them to come in and spray the inside of the house because I saw spiders. They squeezed me in and they’ll be out next Thursday. So, that’s cool. Overall, the experience with Terminix has been great. My requests have been met. Some lines were crossed and they didn’t install the termite traps when they first came out but outside of that, the technicians were intelligent, sounded like they knew what they were talking about and educated.

Terminix response

We are glad that your service experience was great! Thanks for your feedback! -Anchee

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I had used another company and was not happy with them so I switched to Terminix. This is my first appointment and everything has been fine. Scheduling my service was fine except that what the people on the phone promise you and what they say isn't all what the technician is capable of doing. The did a lot. But when I spoke to him about certain things, he said, "I know they promise you all kinds of things but those things don't exist. We're in California. We have laws. We can't use those kind of chemicals." It was something about rats. He said he's not allowed to put out poison for rats because it's illegal in California. They knew I was in California when I spoke to them.

There was something else that I had asked him to do and that I asked about. He looked at me, laughed and said, "You wouldn't ever do that. I've been doing this my whole life. That isn't what you do." It was spraying something for spiders. He said, "I can't spray anything around that pool. If they find one drop of chemical that I sprayed in that pool, I lose my job."

The initial visit is a little bit more than you pay normally which would be understandable because they're really going through every single thing. He stuck a little spade down into the ground and said, "This is the kind of place ants congregate so we'll treat this area." He really was amazing. He really knew what he was doing. He was very pleasant in every possible way.

I'm not unhappy with Terminix or with the service that the technician provided. I'm going forward with them. If I had spoken to them and I wanted X, Y, and Z, and they sent me this terrible technician that I didn't like and didn't trust, then I would be out the door. But I feel like I can trust him. He even told me alternative things I can do for the rats that aren't poisonous. He told me things to try to put down the smell that they don't like so they won't come around. He was really very knowledgeable. My neighbors used him and they love him. He made himself totally available. He said, "If you see one thing you don't like, just call my cell phone and I'll be here." He really talked a lot about things.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 8, 2021

Please avoid Terminix, I surprised this company is still in business. The branch in Gaithersburg Maryland scammed me by alleging that there were mice in our house and charged us over $1100 to exterminate the mouse. When I found we were covered under our home warranty, I asked to be taken out of the contract and disputed the bill. They found my American Express card from an old transaction and charged the disputed bill to that account. This criminal act in the age of the Covid 19 pandemic was traumatizing. Terminix agreed to refund me the money save for $200 but the manager reneged on that settlement and gave me much less. I have since found out that Terminix has a horrible reputation. It is my goal to ensure that no one goes through the hell that My family went through in the hands of Terminix. Do not use them!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 7, 2021

Be careful, Terminix will overcharge you and without telling you!!! I was called before the last service, I told them their service was not needed anymore. The customer service told me I will be charged if I wanted to cancel the service, in 10 seconds, she told me the service was already billed previously, they will not charge me anymore with the last service. I let them come to my house for the last service. In few days, I saw they charged me for $157 on my credit card on their file. I contacted them, they never got back to me. Shame on you Terminix!!!

Original review: April 2, 2021

They are responsive to needs and concerns. Timely service. Listen to customers' concerns. Explain treatment thoroughly. Effective treatment. Have variety of services to fit almost every need. We use three of their services and are happy.

Terminix response

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, Elizabeth! Our customers and their satisfaction are Terminix's top priorities, and we appreciate that you have found it to be beneficial. Give us a call at 1-800-TERMINIX if you need anything.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 31, 2021

I have Terminix provide routine pest service to my home, including crawl space. On one of the visits they pointed out some minor water marks on the structure. Would be a good idea to encapsulate. I had been thinking about that already, though there was not extensive damage; wanted to catch it before it did any damage. Was told by the sales team that they will complete the work for X dollars. They asked if I wanted them to take lead on any necessary electrical work. I say Yes, since they know what is required.

While doing their work they cut into the vent on side of my home and left a hose laying on the ground. NO ONE told me this was necessary. Had they told me, I already had a vent we could have used without damaging a new one. And no one took care of the electrical. I talked with their people about this and they assure me they would handle it. This was from November and I have YET to have a completed project. They were quick to take my money but do not finish the project. Perhaps use them for pests but DO NOT use them for anything else.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Every three months, technicians show up and that's fine. They came recently and sprayed the outside around the house. But if we need additional service, it’s a little difficult to schedule for service. In the beginning, technicians had to come out more often than every three months and then with certain seasons too because there may be more with the bugs coming out.

Terminix response

Valerie, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville