It's that easy Request Information
4.07/5
Based on 2,019 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10892 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 18, 2019

Walt is our Terminix Tech. I appreciate that we have the same tech every time we have a service. He communicates well if he sees something that needs addressing, and he always lets us know when he's coming out for a service. Recently, my house was inundated with tiny ants. Walt came out right away to set traps, and it worked wonderfully. I would recommend Terminix to my friends.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

We had problems with mice last summer and got the quarterly service where technicians installed mouse traps inside and out and checked them quarterly. During the service visit in February, the technician suggested we contact a salesperson to discuss Exclusion service which covers all types of pests and has a warranty. We spoke with a salesman and decided to invest in the Exclusion service. It is expensive but we were able to financing over five years and it included putting insulation in our attic, more mouse traps inside and out, termite bait stations, vented covers on any vents/chimney on the roof and a seal to cover openings under garage door. the most recent visit was to install the seal under garage door which was the last outstanding task. Still have the quarterly mouse service as well just to make sure they get rid of any rodents who might already be "in residence".

As I said, service is not cheap but there is a warranty and we feel it will prevent any damage to our home which can be extensive if not addressed. Technicians are always skilled and very friendly - even to our new puppy! Glad we did this. Also wanted to mention that before we got Terminix, we purchased the poison "traps" for mice and had a frightening incident when our daughter's dog somehow got to the poison pellets and ate them - that was a $300 trip to the vet and probably contributed to her existing health issues. Could have killed her so we will never try to get rid of rodents on our own again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We have used Terminix for 16 years. The pest control service has always been very satisfactory. The technicians, especially David, have been well-informed and very helpful. We also use this service at our business and have had the same great experience. It's all about professional performance with a personal touch.

Terminix response

Original review: April 16, 2019

Very friendly, courteous and professional. Either always on time or a little early and they do a great job. Since they started we have not had but a few roaches running around. Would recommend them to anyone to use. We love their professional service.

Terminix response

Thank you, Michael! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 15, 2019

David ** is our technician and is always helpful when we have questions and reminds us if there is a problem with pests to just call and they will take care of the problem. We have been with Terminix since we built our home in 2013 and have not seen those pesky little spiders or ants. David is a great representative of good customer service and is proud of the company he works for and it shows.

Terminix response

Thank you, Shirley! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: April 14, 2019

I hired Terminix to get rid of the ants my Mom always got every year in the spring and summer. She lived in Ohio and I live in Wisconsin. My mom would report to me on how things were going. The only thing I can suggest Terminix may want to think about for other households, if they have plats like my Mom. The dirt in the plants should be completely spread out to get rid of any ants that are harboring in there.

My mom kept getting the ants back and when Terminix came out they would spray around the area but did nothing about the ants in the dirt of the plants. Therefore they kept returning until my mom spread all the dirt out and let the ants go elsewhere then put the dirt back into the plants. Terminix did come back as promised when my Mom called to say they still had the ants. They always called ahead of time to let her know when they would be there. Overall they did a really good job of keeping the bugs away once they were gone for good. Thank you and I would recommend them to others. DJ from Wisconsin.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We started to notice signs of mice/rats in our home. It was so upsetting and felt like my home was being destroyed by these pests. I knew I had to do something because everything I tried failed. I called Terminix they came right over, looked at everything and quoted us a reasonable price. They then proceeded to close all entries outside and inside my home. They placed traps in all the right places. They were very good and knew I had pets. It took 1 month and now we are pest free. They come out every 3 months to check everything. I will continue to keep their service because with their help I have my home back. Rats/mice do so much damage. They chewed through electrical wires, through my dishwasher water tube. If it wasn't for Terminix I don't know what we would of done.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I have had Terminix termite bonds for many years. I have had to make multiple calls on different occasions for different reasons to get any service from them. Their service is not the greatest. Mainly, the average price has been around $300. All of a sudden they increase their termite bond price 5 times to $1500. Can anyone recommend a new company?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Never completed the work, broke items on my house during the tenting, the follow up was rude, and dismissive. Never was resolved after I repeatedly complained and sent pictures of the damage. Then after I cancelled my service for the monthly follow up, they showed up anyway and tried to charge me. I have spent over 4,000.00 with them and felt like I was scammed. TOTALLY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Would never use them or suggest them to anyone, EVER!!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Terminix has been great to deal with over the years. If we need them, someone is here when they say they will be. Everyone has been polite, professional, and seems to really care about us as customers. I would certainly recommend their services to anyone!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I contacted Terminix and they arrived at my doorstep the next day. They did a thorough evaluation and sprayed as needed. The technician Casey also provided his direct cell phone so I could call for any issues at any time. That is some great service.

Original review: April 12, 2019

In December, 2018, we contracted with Terminix to provide rodent (flying squirrel) control in our retirement home. Terminix promptly came out that very week to remove all old insulation, cover up entry holes, and replace with a new insulation containing boric acid, which squirrels abhor. However, when we drove up to inspect the work, we found that one portion of the attic had barely any insulation in it. Because customers must go through remote call centers, oftentimes the local offices do not get the scheduling messages. I had the call center rep repeat the service I desired, so the input into the computer was correct.

One time I drove 1 1/2 hours to this house with a scheduled appointment to find the technician brought rodent traps, but no insulation. Another time I cancelled an appointment due to a conflict and the technician showed up with a crew to install additional insulation. Luckily we have a lockbox so the crew could enter to do their job. The work was done in April of 2019. Four-five months is too long to complete a one day job. To give Terminix the benefit of the doubt, the company does try to make things right eventually. I'm told the company is installing new up-to-date computers which I'm hoping will remedy the communication problem. We should have been informed that the original crew ran out of insulation and Terminix should have scheduled an additional appointment immediately. However, I had to call them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was getting a treatment for a bad flea infestation. The first treatment gave good results but the fleas returned quickly. If any followup is needed, they make it very hard to reschedule and they give a very limited treatment at best. Third time I sat outside and tech came out in a few minutes. There was nothing done. The manager, Danny, came after I complained and was RUDE, CONDESCENDING, AND DISMISSIVE. They refunded my money after I filed a BBB complaint, rather than try to fix the problem. Waste of time.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Since I had bedbugs 4 years ago, that started my unpleasantness. I wasn't advised that I needed an inspection, they constantly messed up our appointments. The whole thing took so long that they said I was infested by then. Nightmare experience. Today I called to make an appointment for water bugs. They scheduled me for bedbugs after waiting for the call center for about 15 minutes with little communication. I told the woman at least 4 times that it was pest control, not bed bugs. I rarely see the same technician twice in a row. Your customer service is horrible.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had Pest Control with Terminix for a long time. I get the same technician every time and have come to appreciate his expertise. Roger ** is very knowledgeable and patient. I know that we could get cheaper service elsewhere but would not get the quality and attention we get from Roger. Thank you Roger for a job well done every time!

Terminix response

Original review: April 10, 2019

I had them to take rodent out. They did very bad at coming back and checking traps. They would miss appointment and never did they catch Rat... They were supposed to come by regularly. They did not make scheduled visit and if they did they would spray a little area and leave.... My contract ended and they still are charging me another 300 dollars for not saying I don't want their service even though I told them on numerous occasions when they called and I complain. I said I don't like and don't want their service... RIP Offff.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The cost was overwhelming but the nice lady eased my concerns when she said I was approved for 24 months interest free and I was covered for any issues r/t termites as well as zero payment due for 2 months. I never received my bills or contract or statement, online showed all my info was correct and even allowed me to make a payment then never showed payment due again. 45 days later I'm getting collection calls and threats to report to the credit bureau for a 3rd party co called ServiceMaster, saying my bill was 300 more and I wasn't interest free and my address was entered wrong and they modified my contract without my consent.

Original review: April 9, 2019

They come do the job on time and well. Like to get reminders so I can ask for indoor service if needed. Couple times needed extra services, they came and were back as needed until completely handled. My third home with their service now.

Terminix response

We enjoy reading about the excellent service our technicians perform. Thank you for the feedback and for being a Terminix customer.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Terminix does a great job! I called for service one-time which was not a scheduled call and they came right out and completely treated the entire house and yard even though the problem was in a single room. GREAT job Terminix!

Terminix response

Original review: April 8, 2019

As 2 working adults with four kids it's not easy to get ready for a visit from a pest control agent so when you go through all that and wait four hours and you finally call and hold for 45 minutes just for someone to say "oh there was a problem" and there's no openings for a week it makes you wonder why am i doing business with someone that does not value my time or my money. Thank you Terminix for the wonderful experience. I havent canceled yet but I bet a different company would have showed up or at least called.

Original review: April 7, 2019

They took money out of my acct which was a different amt than what was due & I called & requested breakdown of charges. Was told by the supervisor that this would be emailed to me that day. I still have not received it & this was approximately a month ago.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Terminix has been providing termite control at our beach house for many years. The servicemen are always professional and explain what they are doing. They have never minded if I tag along asking questions about the work they are doing. We recently had them come out to my mom's house to provide an estimate for rodent removal, squirrels and mice. The agent did a thorough job inspecting the perimeter of the home, basement and attic. He located areas of entry and provided a plan to secure the home from future infestation. His quote was higher than expected but I trust that the work could be done completed as promised. I would trust Terminix to provide and service stated and do a great job at it.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I am extremely frustrated. I paid $1,250 for bed bug treatment from the Marietta, Ga location. The 1st treatment was done February 21st. We were told not to put anything back in drawers or anything until the follow-up treatment that would take place in 2 weeks. It has now been 7 WEEKS. No follow up treatment per the contract, no one will answer my calls or return my emails or messages. My whole house is crammed into my garage per their instructions until the 2nd treatment. This is absolutely terrible behavior from a company rated #1. At this point if the issue is not resolved this week then I am taking the matter legal to get back the money that I paid for a contracted service that was not completed. It seems they are waiting out the warranty period which is 90 days instead of 30, but only because I paid for 3-bed bug mattress protectors at $75 a piece. I am very upset and disappointed!

Original review: April 7, 2019

We signed up this winter, my 2 sons also and we have had NOTHING but problems with the customer service dept. They do not know what is going on at all and made so many mistakes. The technicians that came out were good, and even they didn’t have anything good to say about the customer service. After MONTHS of phone calls finally to a supervisor, I THINK we have everything set! I wouldn’t count on it though!

Original review: April 7, 2019

We have an infestation of powderpost beetles (PPBs); called Terminix, who said that they could/would help. First we had a no-show for a quote. We had to wait twice in an interminable queue hearing the same ads over and over and over again. The first Customer Service Rep got disconnected from us and never called us back. The 2nd one seemed to understand our problem and had a supervisor named Jeff (from Portland OR) call us and set up a new appointment. He came by, refused to examine the barn structure or the 100s of wooden baskets that had clear evidence of PPBs, and focused on a single drawer that had activity. He said 'we don't do fumigation,' even though the Customer Reps said you did. All in all, a complete waste of time.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Terrible company. My renewal stated I had 'til March to pay, in February I got a bill saying it was canceled. I called and explained and spoke to a nasty manager who said, "Yeah I see that in the computer but there is nothing I can do, sorry it’s cancelled. You will have to repay the start up fee." I am livid. What a joke of a company! I gave my business to a local company and couldn’t be happier. Also, the price went up to $1,000s for most people in our neighborhood with Terminix. So happy they messed up - worked out for the best for me! I would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I any well pleased with the technician assigned to my home. Chad always emails and calls ahead and I am please with his treatment of our property when we're unable to be home when he inspects our house and property. He always call afterward and emails his assessment of the inspection. I would give Terminix and Chad their Tech. a 10 out of 10 star rating. It satisfying to know and trust the people and company working for you. Thank you Chad and Terminix of Salisbury MD.

Terminix response

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have used Terminix for years, and have never been disappointed by their service, their product or their people. They are prompt with service appointments, do exactly as they say they are going to, and I know I can count on my home being insect and termite-free for as long as I am their customer. A home is a huge investment and protecting that investment is very important to me. Thanks to Terminix I know I will not lose on that investment.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Our property upon purchase was riddled with termite damage and active termites. A nightmare considering we looked at 200 houses and this was the one. Terminix to the rescue. The defense system in place termite free. It’s been 6 years now and every penny is worth it. Upon completion of termite treatment we seriously checked into their pest insulation. Another great decision that saves us annually on electricity for heating or worse cooling. The insulation difference was felt immediately as the AC didn’t kick on frequently. Best still is that our house is bug free. Though on occasions we will call for a bad mosquito season Terminix is our only and proven choice.

The estimate was no pressure but the service continued and still is as amazing as the day we began our relationship. Uniformed, scheduled and inspections yearly secure my home and add value. More than value is security for my pets and family. Cost was average for treatment of type but caliber again is what makes this company stand out. You truly get what you pay for and more with service unparalleled.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Hello, I don't usually write reviews on anything, but I figured I would give my experience using Terminix. I had them inspect my home and they found evidence of bed bugs, they came out a total of 3 times and sprayed my 3 bedrooms for them. Well the bed bugs didn't go anywhere, I tried to get in touch with them again after their 3rd treatment to tell them I was still having an issue, and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. I wouldn't waste money with this company to remove bed bugs.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville