It's that easy Get a Free Quote
3.25/5
Based on 1,086 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 4, 2019

In the 32 years that I've been with Terminix, I've had no problems at all with the technicians. They're very thorough, and their attention to detail and friendliness are terrific. Every one of them, including the current one, Patrick, is fine. He came out for an in-home spraying for insects recently. He also takes care of some mouse poison in my garage and crawl space.

Something happened at the headquarters, however, so the scheduling was taken out of the hands of the technicians. Now scheduling is done automatically from headquarters, so the technicians cannot tailor the timing of the visits in such a way that they know the schedules of the people that they're spraying for. I live alone and if I'm gone during the day, for instance, they won't be able to get into the house. So I either have to change the appointment or my daily schedule, so I'm home to let them in when they come. Then my particular technician makes the phone call the night before he's coming, and I get a notification in email from the company. I put that on my calendar and then my technician calls the night before to just double-check.

Still, another problem is that I get an email that says I will have a call on such and such date, between the hours of such and such. It says, "You do not need to be home for this service. Just please secure any animals." But that is not true, and I have complained about this almost every time I get a service. I need somebody to be here to let the technician into the house because it's not external spraying only. He sprays around the perimeter of the house, but he also comes inside. I've shown this to Patrick every time, and we chuckle about it. The email communications of the company really need some close attention. It is annoying when year after year, you get communication that is not clear about what's gonna happen.

I don't have any complaints about the pest activity in the house, although I have had ants in my kitchen at a certain time of year. Patrick comes and puts out some little traps and that ceases. It's excellent. Last week, I had two mice in my garage, and the automatic door has some little cracks at the edge where they can get in. That's separate from my house, and Patrick put out some chemicals, and I found the dead mouse on the floor a couple of days after he was here. Overall, I would recommend Terminix. The service, the coverage, and the technician who comes to my house are wonderful.

Terminix response

Thank you, William! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I first moved in 2004, we found termites. I used Oregon then. They came out and I had the contract with them at that time. They got rid of the termites but I saw where Terminix said that if I had a contract with them and if they ever found termites after inspecting it the first time, they would pay for the damage to the house. I thought that was great so I changed from Oregon to Terminix a long time ago. I have the pest control and a contract for termites with Terminix.

The last time Terminix was out was for the pest control. They sprayed and they come about every three months. But when I had an appointment for the 27th, they were supposed to be there between 8:00 and 10:00. They sent an email about it. So, I got up really early and at 12 o’clock, they still hadn’t shown up. I called and I went through the automated thing. I said for scheduling and I was told that their schedule to come was in the 28th. Nobody contacted me and told me that.

This was the second time that has happened. It happened a long time ago, the same tech. So, I called and talked to a representative. She was so nice and kind. She said that they had a little trouble with their equipment for scheduling. She went through the whole thing and they were gonna send me a new time. However, I had a doctor’s appointment with the time they were gonna give me. She told me they could come March 13th for a termite inspection that I have once a year. I couldn’t take the date that she offered me and she looked but she didn’t have anything very soon. So, she said she would get with one out of Palestine. She was gonna get with them and have them send me one. So, I'm sure I'll get it very soon. I told her that the next time they schedule me, I'm going to call the day before and see if I'm still on schedule. Despite that, all the employees have been nice.

The technicians who came were all so nice too. I love them. The last one who came was fairly new. He was so nice and I gave him a 5-star. Also, the one before was a female and she was terrific. I'm satisfied with my experience with Terminix. It is a good warranty and I haven't had any more termites. Now, they leave little sticky things for me and most of the ones I see are in the garage. They said they would come out any time I call them, but the sticky thing takes care of it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Wanda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've been living in this house for 15 years now, and when we first moved in, we had a Terminix contract. Over time, however, we discontinued the service. Then we had this crazy ant activity two and a half years ago and it wasn’t just us. Our neighbors were having the same thing as well. I reached out to Terminix again and once they came in, the result was almost immediate. After that, it was subsequent spray and I continued it because it definitely helps alleviate that issue. The ants haven’t come back, so overall, I've been very happy.

I've also had additional mosquito service over the summer months, but you have to manage expectations on that right. They guarantee 100% that they'll eliminate mosquitoes but there's no way that they can guarantee that. They might spray mine, but my neighbors don't spray and their mosquitoes will come into my neighbor. But it has brought down the mosquito population. It's 60% better.

Recently, they came to do the regular service which is part of the quarterly spray. The guy that showed up came on a day when it was kind of snowy. I asked him what really moved him to come that day. I didn't think it would be effective. Two weeks later, however, we had bed bugs and the cold weather helped to pull the insects closer to the warmth of the home. So when they sprayed, it actually had a very good outcome, which it was counter-intuitive to me, but once he explained it, it made sense. He was knowledgeable and quite helpful.

I've been doing Terminix for a couple of years now, and a total of four people have come. It is routinely the same people but they're not exactly the same person every time, like one after the other. I've had a couple of people that have called me on follow up. They wanted to do a bit more aggressively than usual and come and inspect the attic. Even though I've indicated a number of times that I'm not interested, still I've got phones back to back. Nevertheless, the communication with the reps has been good. I like the way that they give notification the day before and then the day that the person is coming in. The send me a text and they notify me. It gives me an opportunity to be able to be home or to reschedule if I wanted them to do some internal work and I'm not available.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Yonathan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I get an email every three months from Terminix saying that the service is due and that we've got to set up. With the most recent one, I went through the procedure and told them the day they gave me was not a good day. They adjusted it and I gave them a day. They sent me a note saying they were contacting the agent to find out when it would be convenient to come see me and that was the last I heard of it. Then, the tech showed up on the original appointment day and I told him he couldn't do the bug service that day. I could understand if they hadn't responded to my email to not do that but they did.

I've had a couple of situations where I had to tell them to not do something. One of their techs said they were gonna come whether I was there or not but I like for them to spray in my garage and they can't do that if I'm not here. And they have the tendency to leave the gate open. They went up to a gate, the gate was closed. When they leave, close the gate back. These are all no-brainer things. If I had a Doberman in the yard, and it went out bit somebody, guess who's gonna get blamed. There were techs that were not as exemplary as they could be. Those kinds of things are petty issues.

Also, they raise the bill every year whether I like it or not. That kind of thing is kind of a wondering for me because they have a tendency just to put it in the bill. "We're gonna go up x amount next time," and then, I get the bill and then I read all the garbage that they throw in there. But those are really not too big of a deal. After all, they do pretty well with the bug service. I don't have bugs and it was just a matter of me finding the right guy. The very first guy I had as very good and he quit. Then, I've gone two or three and the guy I have now seems to be fairly reasonable and a little bit more customer-conscious.

Terminix response

We love when our customers are satisfied! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We had an issue with bed bugs and at first, I was bewildered. I didn’t quite know which way to go. I’m renting the house out to a family member and I was living 350 miles away. But with her being a family member and a tenant, I had to do something right away unfortunately. So I surveyed my options and looked on the internet. I thought Terminix was a familiar name and a big enough company that has a significant footprint. So after getting some estimates from smaller companies that settled off the Philadelphia area, I decided to go ahead and try Terminix. They came on over and gave an estimate, and I was really amazed at how expensive things were. The fact was that with bed bugs, you don’t just go in and spray once. After I was revived from fainting after hearing the price, I went on, bit the bullet and had Terminix do their magic.

I had three days if I wanted to cancel that contract or not and I remembered that in the conversations I had with their office, they offered a 10% discount for senior citizens. So I called back the following day and asked them to rewrite the contract because I wanted the 10% discount because it was significant. It would have been around $200. But the person I talked to was an underling and she didn't appear to listen to me as well as I thought she should have. She couldn't get ahold of or put me in touch with the right person. But I had three days before I was really bound to the contract. So then I called the headquarters. I skipped everybody and went right to the CEO. The CEO put me in contact with this group that represents them and of course, she was the right person to talk to. She so smoothly and immediately got it taken care of.

Everything worked out great. They certainly knew what they were doing. They must have had to come back four different times before they completed the job. I imagined that getting rid of those pests was much more difficult than some others. But they did a wonderful job and they seem to have eradicated the problem. The only drawback with Terminix is once I signed on to them, I've been getting an email from them every day and a half just to let me know that they're still alive and to reel me into something else. Nonetheless, I'm very happy with them and if I were to need them again, I wouldn’t hesitate in calling them. I would tell others to go to Terminix too.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Terminix is a company you can depend on for quality service, professional employees, and great products that really work to kill those pesty critters around your home. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs pest control for their home.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

My mom and I used Terminix in another state and had such excellent service we decided to try them again at our new homes. New state, new problems. Our technician, Preston, has been amazing. He is extremely knowledge and patient with us in response to our multiple questions. He is prompt with service and is an excellent communicator regarding scheduling and products used/precautions. We will both continue to use Terminix due to the exceptional technician care and the effectiveness in minimizing our insect problems.

Terminix response

Thank you, Linda! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I initially called Terminix for a bee problem. I was talked into a quarterly treatment plan for a few other issues. The sales person was very nice and not pushy at all. I should have known there would be problems when they called me a few hours before wanting to do my service unannounced. I told them no one was home and not to come. I was rescheduled for another day and time and no one showed up. The second time the tech called again and wanted to come without an appointment. I allowed him to this time because I wanted my problems resolved. The tech did an outside and inside treatment...what a mess!!!

First, he entered the house and walked all through it without taking his shoes off or using booties (we do no wear shoes in our house). Then he soaked the floors with whatever the spray was, it was wet for hours. Outside the windows were all a mess, the beehive was blows apart (all over my house). When the tech left we really started finding more issues. The first thing was brown drip stains on a kids stuffed toy (the box was under a window where he sprayed. As the the weeks have gone by we keep finding more and more drip stains all throughout our house on our carpet! Is Terminix going to pay for my carpets to be cleaned and refund my money (doubtful)?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

The original company I had switched us over to Terminix and we had nothing but problems from there. My breaking point was a tech calling and saying he performed my service and when I came home I still had spiderwebs everywhere. Called for repeat service and no one had recorded of this service, scheduled me for 2 weeks later and then no one shows or calls and I still got billed for no service ever being performed! I have officially cancelled my contract as it’s more of a hassle to deal with them than it is to just do it myself.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Very courteous. When I could not be home when I had scheduled, he waited for my daughter to get home to spray inside. During the whole process he was in communication with me explaining everything. I will continue to use them.

Terminix response

Thank you,Katrina! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville