It's that easy Request Information
3.92/5
Based on 1,667 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10941 Terminix Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I first moved in 2004, we found termites. I used Oregon then. They came out and I had the contract with them at that time. They got rid of the termites but I saw where Terminix said that if I had a contract with them and if they ever found termites after inspecting it the first time, they would pay for the damage to the house. I thought that was great so I changed from Oregon to Terminix a long time ago. I have the pest control and a contract for termites with Terminix.

The last time Terminix was out was for the pest control. They sprayed and they come about every three months. But when I had an appointment for the 27th, they were supposed to be there between 8:00 and 10:00. They sent an email about it. So, I got up really early and at 12 o’clock, they still hadn’t shown up. I called and I went through the automated thing. I said for scheduling and I was told that their schedule to come was in the 28th. Nobody contacted me and told me that.

This was the second time that has happened. It happened a long time ago, the same tech. So, I called and talked to a representative. She was so nice and kind. She said that they had a little trouble with their equipment for scheduling. She went through the whole thing and they were gonna send me a new time. However, I had a doctor’s appointment with the time they were gonna give me. She told me they could come March 13th for a termite inspection that I have once a year. I couldn’t take the date that she offered me and she looked but she didn’t have anything very soon. So, she said she would get with one out of Palestine. She was gonna get with them and have them send me one. So, I'm sure I'll get it very soon. I told her that the next time they schedule me, I'm going to call the day before and see if I'm still on schedule. Despite that, all the employees have been nice.

The technicians who came were all so nice too. I love them. The last one who came was fairly new. He was so nice and I gave him a 5-star. Also, the one before was a female and she was terrific. I'm satisfied with my experience with Terminix. It is a good warranty and I haven't had any more termites. Now, they leave little sticky things for me and most of the ones I see are in the garage. They said they would come out any time I call them, but the sticky thing takes care of it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Wanda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have a quarterly service from Terminix. When they did the outside, we had spider and bed bug service too. I hate scheduling a service with them because when I call in, it's a call center and they give my call to whoever is in the area. And that always doesn’t come back because they don’t always call in a timely manner. I waited four days for someone to call me. And since we got this quarterly set up with the technician, the call center cannot schedule. It’s the most stupidest thing anybody has ever came up with

When somebody wants to call, they want a direct call not this hee-hawking around wherein you have to wait for five minutes or even longer which is ridiculous. Since you can’t call the technician, the only thing you could do is call the call center and tell them again. It’s totally chaos when you do that. I don’t like it. When I call someone, I want to call them direct and make a schedule now and not wait around for someone to call me back. Also, one of the technicians broke my doorway. He was trying to say he didn’t do it, but he was the last one in my house when he left. He fixed it anyway.

We’ve had bed bugs for a year now and we’re doing everything. I threw my couch out. I threw the beds out. I don’t have money to buy any more beds so we’re left without a bed. But I have bed bug covers on the mattresses. I have them on the pillows. They said to throw the clean clothes in the dryer and we did. They said to throw it in there for 35 minutes and we did it for 45 minutes. We figured an extra 15 minutes won’t hurt. If anything, it would help. All the bedding needed cleaning so we bagged it all up, tied it and took it to the laundromat, washed it and dried it there. We’ve done everything that we could possibly do.

I’m really, really trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I’ve even done the rubbing alcohol on my own. The 91 proof that they have out. We went and bought a bunch of bottles of that and started spraying down the mattress at the back. When they didn’t come out, that’s what I do. I’ve been told they live for six months to a year without feeding. But no one could give me a direct answer. And then I was told they go in your electronics too and you’re really screwed if they go in your electronics since you’ll never get rid of them because that’s where they’re gonna hide.

I know heating up the house don’t do crap. I’ve been through that one already before Terminix. My dad did have someone come out and heated up the house. All that does is dehydrate you. Unless they do a chemical or something afterwards, they’re gonna be right there. So far, we’re going on a year and a couple months now but I don’t know if the technicians are doing everything they’re supposed to do because I’m not in here to see what they’re doing. I don't know if they’re missing anything. I know they freeze and they spray but I wonder how they get them out of the electronics. Nonetheless, Terminix has been really, really good. I would recommend them.

Terminix response

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Terminix is my regular pest control service and I've been using them for about over three years. When I moved into a new home in another state, I carried the service over. There was a flea issue first off when I first moved into the house and the renters before had dogs and cats that weren't treated. So, the owner paid for a local pest control company to come out because they could come out a little faster than Terminix could. So, their tech came out and she paid for that. He came for a treatment two or three times but the issue was not resolved, so I let the owner know that I wanted to have Terminix to come out because it was included in my service for free.

The first time that the Terminix guy came out, he said that he didn't have his respirator, so he wasn't gonna be able to do the treatment because he couldn't do it without his respirator. He said his truck was in the shop and that he wasn't going to be able to complete the flea treatment. So, he said that he treated all the baseboards and did general pest control on that date. But we were still seeing the fleas, so I called less than a week later and he came out and completed the actual flea treatment. I haven't had issues since then. He was really super nice, too. In fact, my experience with Terminix techs have always been very professional and very nice and very thorough. They have all been very knowledgeable, too.

Other than that, there was a little bit of a confusion in getting my service transferred. When I tried to call Terminix about it when I was in Louisiana, it seemed like nobody was calling me back. And I don't know if there was just a miscommunication between the head offices or whatever from, but there was a little scheduling issue at the beginning. When I called initially, they told me they would be out at a certain date. I put it in my phone calendar but the day came and nobody came out. When I called Terminix, they said that that wasn't the date that was noted, it was a different date. So, that was a little frustrating, but I'd never had the issue before with Terminix.

Also, we always recommend Terminix. I know in this area that we're in is kind of remote and we're about an hour from Kansas City, where their closest local office is out of. But after having another local service provider come out over three times and wasn't really able to knock the issue out, I don't really know how thorough they were as compared to Terminix. I even noticed a lot of things that the Terminix tech did differently that the other tech didn't do. For instance, he closed all of the doors to all the rooms, so the stuff could stay concentrated in the area. They just seemed a lot more knowledgeable and more thorough than the local pest control company.

Terminix response

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We have always been very satisfied with the service provided by Terminix. Our Terminix man gets down and gets into my crawl space and sets traps there. We have exterior bait boxes which he checks regularly. We live on a stream and in a very temperate climate. We have water rats that live in the stream bank and when their homes are flooded out, they have to look for other means of shelter. Unfortunately, we’re less than 15 feet from the stream. They tunnel underneath the foundation and get in the crawl space underneath the house, and then we would hear them running across the heating ducts. Not a pleasant experience.

I get a notice that the techs are coming, and then they’ll come, ring the doorbell, and we chitchat a minute. Then the guy will say, “I’m gonna go around and check.” It doesn’t matter whoever it is. It's the same routine that they all follow, and I would panic if they ever break it. The first two or three we had were very conscientious, and they would go up on the exterior eaves, clean out all of the spiders and they would spray. However, that may be no longer a service provided by Terminix since they have not sprayed the last three or four times that we’ve had someone here. They have not taken the brush and gone up in the eaves and cleaned out all the spider webs. Right now all the spiders are building nests and it’s gross. I can do snakes, rats and mice, but I just can’t do a spider.

Here’s the problem. I’m not always here when they do the service so it’s kind of a catch-22. Whereas before, they always did it and it wasn’t even a question, now I feel crazy that I have to ask them to do something that I took for granted that they were doing with the job. I thought that would have continued on but suddenly, it just stopped and we haven’t had it for quite some time now.

My other complaint is we never have the same service person twice. I don’t know if it’s a difficulty in keeping personnel or what, but you don’t have an opportunity to truly create a rapport with your Terminix person simply because it’s gonna be a new one every time they come and I don’t like that. He knows my name, I have no idea who he is. I would rather have someone that I knew so when he gets here, I can greet him by name and we can talk.

The pests are out so often it isn’t even funny. We keep hearing them under the house. It was no sooner that the techs baited them then we would hear them under the house again. It's not working. One time we had them back three times in two weeks and every time they came back, there were rats and they disposed of them. That is an unbelievable service. We were charged additional, but Terminix came out to make sure that what they did was taking care of the problem.

Terminix response

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I live in a bi-level and we had seen some little bugs downstairs, on my son’s mattress. He used to throw a mattress down and stayed down there because he works weird shift now and didn’t wanna wake me up. We never had bed bugs before so I was terrified. We dragged the mattress out. We bought something at Home Depot to kill them right away off the mattress but then we called Terminix in. The guy there was very knowledgeable and said that we need to go ahead and spray because there might be more under the carpet. Although he admitted that we only had them a couple months so they were not in our walls and we didn’t have to rip things apart.

Two little quirky things though stood out. The salesman that we signed up for this stuff asked me if I wanted financing and I said that I’d rather just use my Visa card. I’d get a really cheap interest rate because I have good credit. He assured me that they can get me a better rate than what I already had. I agreed and I was approved. Then I got the invoice after they came out and sprayed. It was supposed to be 1065 but it had an extra $68. The guy said that it was plus tax. I asked him why they didn't tell me. When he told me 1065, that was what I expected to see. It made me a little mad and I let that go. But when I got the statement in, the interest rate was 18%. I have credit cards that have 7.99 interest and some of them are 0, and he said that I could pay it off in three months.

Originally, I thought that was gonna be great. I retired early a couple of months ago and I haven't been getting my tax in. I was given a partial check, but not a full one yet. I thought that if I can’t pay off $1100 in three months, that's 18%. I’ll just see what I can pay off in three months, then put the rest of it on my credit card. The salesman at Terminix never once showed me anything in writing and I thought that it would’ve been a better idea so that I didn’t freak out and put some blame on the poor guy that sprayed my house. The extra money looked like it’s separate. The salesman disagreed and said that it was probably the tax. He said that once the invoice gets invoiced, the technician does their job and everything shows up. He figured it up in his head and said that would make sense.

Their guy came in. My laundry room is down there and he said that there could be bed bugs down there. I also have a computer room that just got nothing but a computer chair and wood flooring so he took the computer chair out. But they said they had to do three rooms so he did my living room and my bedroom. But why did they have to charge me for three rooms if they didn’t have to? The rooms are completely upstairs and far away from the little bit that we had, but I guess that’s their policy.

He gave me all these instructions and kept saying that every single thing from pillows, drapes to clothing had to be put in a dryer. I kept going to the laundry room downstairs. It was a mess. I had to throw all the stuff because I didn’t want to bring it back in until I knew everything was okay, then we can have everything out in my garage.

After the treatment, the guy that came and sprayed said he saw a couple of bugs because they would come out when they smell that stuff because they wanna run. The technician said that he saw a couple down there, but didn't see any upstairs so I was fine. He said that he's gonna come back in 10 days and do a follow-up, which I like because they do not just spray and say, “Good luck with that.” But a different guy came back and he said that it looked like everything is upstairs. Then he went downstairs and said that he didn't see anything there either. But he said that he'll respray some odorless stuff on that one little part on the wall. We didn’t know how long we needed to stay out of room, but he said about an hour.

I locked my cats in the laundry room then we had to pull up the carpeting because in the meantime, my furnace leaked and went into the carpet. It was on a different side of the room so we cut the wet part out. We wanted to pull everything out and we didn’t know if we would be able to pull that carpet out right away or would that mess up stuff that the guy sprayed.

I called customer service thrice and they were helpful. A couple of times, they put me on hold and tried to get ahold of the actual people that came here. I also called the guy because he called me from a cellphone when he said that he was on his way. I asked him to give me a call back as I had a quick question on how long we needed to wait to pull the carpet up. But nobody called us back and the guy never texted so I was a little disappointed in that. It was more on the technician than the customer service because the lady there was real nice. We waited five days. We tore out everything but that section, then finally tore that out at the end and we haven't seen anything since, only put new flooring down.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: June 13, 2019

I had someone come to my door asking if I was interested. I was. I signed up for 4 treatments (1 year). I was told they would spray around the perimeter of my home, spray under my sinks, etc., take care of the ants I had been seeing in the kitchen, and do something about the carpenter bees around my deck. They set up an appointment for a Monday afternoon between 4-5. Instead they came early in the morning, around 10 saying they were in the neighborhood. My wife was home at the time. It was pouring rain. All this guy did was put 2 mouse traps in my basement. I have never had mice!

I called the next day and was told he would come back out for another fee. I told her I just wanted to cancel my contract and get a refund. She said the 'manager' would call me back. No call back for 2 days. Just an email saying I was scheduled for another appointment (that I did not ask for). I called again and was told a 'manager would call me back to set up my cancellation and refund'. Four so called service managers. Called me back over the next 2 days - I finally got someone to agree to cancel my 'service' and I would get a refund of $109 for the first 'non-visit'. Two weeks later I still have not received a refund nor confirmation my contract was cancelled. Do NOT use Terminix. It is a rip-off.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2019

I called Terminix to take care of a ant problem I had. I called to set up a service the next day. The guy over the phone told me that they would be at my house the next day from 8-10. The next day I called to make sure they were coming. The lady I talked to said they have me in the system and would be at my house from 8-12. The time went from 8-10 to now 8-12. Ok so it increased 2 more hours but I was patient since Terminix is a professional reputable business. Well noon time had passed now and no one came. I called again and the lady on the phone said she was sorry they're late and to wait 30 more minutes. It is now 1:30 and no one still didn’t show up. I couldn’t wait anymore because I had plans.

Terminix never called me to make sure some one came or even followed up if the service was even done. So no one showed up or even called me. Not even a note on the door. A very poor way to do business. So they lost my business and gave it to ORKIN! The Orkin people were on time and punctual. And even followed up like a normal business does that care about their customers, which Terminix does not. I will never call Terminix for my business. Thank you ORKIN for coming to the rescue. Shame on you Terminix.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I sign a 2 year contract because I originally had mice and snakes!! They came out 3 times and told me I still had places that needed patched up and the original job needed to be re done from April to now!! 6/11/19 I have called several times and they never called me back!! I called 3 times today asking for a manager! And they wouldn’t let me explain my situation to a manager!!! They kept saying, "We can come out tomorrow?" I’m still paying each month! And never received the service I was promised!!! They have a lack in communication!! As well with promising money Back guaranteed!!!! Terrible experience!!! They don’t honor their customers!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have been a Terminix customer for many years and have for the most part been pleased until the past few month. I received my yearly renewal notice and found that my rate had increased quite a bit from the prior years. I telephoned the company and spoke with a representative who told me that since I was with the company for so long that he would renew my contract at my prior year's rate, and adjust my bill accordingly in the amount of $43.00. I immediately paid my renewal charges in full at that time, for the period through May 31, 2020.

Approximately one month later, I received a notice in the mail that my termite protection is to expire: renewal due. The notice showed $43.00 as being due which is the amount my account was to be adjusted for, as documented above. I telephoned Terminix immediately and spoke with a representative that assured me that the $43.00 would adjusted through a credit to my account immediately.

Then approximately two weeks later, I received two separate telephone calls from the Terminix Collections Department advising me that I had an overdue balance. Now common sense people; how can I have an overdue balance when I just paid you my entire agreed upon yearly renewal payment, that mind you did post to my credit card account, for the next year through May 2020! After having several conversations with the Collections representative, I was once again assured that a credit of $43.00 would be posted to my account. Well guess what, it was not!

Since at this point I had no confidence in the Terminix representatives, I telephoned Terminix to verify the posting of the credit for the $43.00. When I telephoned and entered my phone number I received a message stating that my agreement had EXPIRED! Again, what happened to the yearly payment I paid in advance of the year's agreement? I again spoke with a representative who super assured me she would resolve the problem. I requested to speak with a manager but was told none were available (imagine that). I also requested that the representative send me a copy of my yearly renewal agreement, and she stated she would. Well guess what another lie! I never received a copy of my renewal agreement, and I cannot get confirmation that my account and agreement are current. Hence, I am writing this e-mail complaint.

Bottom line do not trust or believe anything a Terminix representative tells, or assures you of. My issue is still open and I have not received any communications from Terminix regarding the status of my renewal. I am currently interviewing other pest control companies and will likely be requesting a refund through my credit card for the payment I made. Very sad that a company gets so large that they forget the loyal longtime customer.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Hello, I am writing this review as I schedule a rodent inspection in order to sell my house. Contacting the call center I was promised it would happen in the AM the following day. During dinner the night I called, I received a call from the inspector that was supposed to be coming out. Hearing a sad story about his personal life he then told me that he would not be able to make his appointment (similar to other issues that I've read other people have had in my area, SLC, UT). I instructed him that meeting this appointment was crucial for the sell of my home.

The following day, I had not heard from him, or his supervisor. I Contacted customer service and was on hold for roughly 10 minutes with no answer to my call. At this point in time, I am choosing to go with another inspector agency as Terminix obviously cannot schedule or handle their affairs adequately, especially for them being "One of the biggest pest control company on the planet".

Original review: June 11, 2019

Our Termite contract is up for renewal, which we have been renewing since 2012. Every year we receive renewal notice, but never an updated contract with the renewal notice. This year I decided to call for details. The one & only Customer Service Representative who answered the phone was not equipped to give me any information regarding the terms of the contract. When I asked to speak with a Supervisor, I was informed there was none, but entered my request in the system to receive a call back. Since I was determined to speak with Terminix the same day, I went online to find the local agents in Webster and Alvin, Tx areas. I would go through the recorded prompts, hold forever, but to no avail.

Eventually, I went online, again dialed as it reads “Call to speak with an agent immediately: **”. I heard the same recording, there was again a long wait. I then followed the prompts to set up a call back from customer service & received a screen confirmation that a Terminix Agent will call back from 1800 525 1933 or text from 313131 with standard SMS charges. Unfortunately, I spent over 2 hours on the phone without any contact with a Representative and without receiving a call back. The next day I realized I had saved a Technicians phone no. from a previous inspection. I called him, luckily he answered and I told him the reason for my call. He promised he would convey my name & contact to his Branch manager for a call back and would text me a local number where I can call as well.

It’s been a week since, neither did I receive a text nor heard back from the tech or the branch Mgr. Our concern is that if we needed Terminix for service in case we sighted termites, how long would it be before they ever heard our complaint or showed up for treatment of the termites. It seems a total waste of $429.75 towards a an insurance, since there is no preventive measure taken against the termites, except for once a year inspection (a walk through the house and the front/backyard). I decided to write this complaint as I received another Renewal Notice in the mail today! June 10, 2019. Aren’t they prompt in asking for payment as against providing some level of customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We had a bat in our house so we wanted to make sure we didn’t have an infestation. We also wanted to find out how it got inside of our house. Carl thoroughly inspected our house and found no infestation. Although he found points of access for them to get into our attic, he found no droppings and no way for them to get from the attic to the house, without going through an opened door. He was friendly, knowledgeable and professional and provided us with options to prevent a recurrence.

Terminix response

Thank you, Judy! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Trying to get a refund and keep getting new excuses and I'm being told they will process it but they never have yet. I'm told so many different stories. Baloney. So many lies. So many apologies and BS.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2019

Called Terminix regarding ants in our home. They now bring a "Field Inspector" to review any other issues with your home. At the end of the visit they presented an estimate for over $4,700 to do work in our crawl space stating there was fungi, mildew and mold beneath our home (it's May and has rained more than 40 of the past 60 days - severe flooding in most of the Midwest). Anyone reading this should get a 2nd opinion and 3rd opinion on any additional work Terminix is suggesting.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2019

Cannot say much about the company's performance because they never showed up. I waited for 4 hours for nothing. When I called them to inquire regarding the the appointment I was told that no one was coming and to reschedule. Glad I experienced this before getting into the years worth of aggravation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 1, 2019

I paid $1100 for them to treat my bed bugs. I threw out all my living room furniture. My boxsprings. My house is turned upside down. All my clothes and shoes was dried and put on my patio. They came to my house 3 times and still am seeing bed bugs. I've made several calls to have someone from corporate call me still no one called. Am being told to have Stanley Steemer come and steam clean the carpet and I called them and they told me it's a bad idea because it will make it worst. I would like to know what I paid $1100 for and myself and kids are still getting bite. I don't know why they agree to take my money and can't get rid of these creatures. I cannot afford to pay any more money and I don't know what to do.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2019

I had a short period of time to exterminate the termites before I left for NY. They promised me at Terminix that they would come and be able to complete the process. I waited for four consecutive days for the promised appointments. They never contacted me about rescheduling, all four times I had to call them, and I finally called another company who came the same day. Apparently Terminix does not care about customers or their time.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 28, 2019

I signed up for a Terminix service last year and was expecting this service to be a one time thing. NO! The company did not make me aware that I was signing a year long contract that automatically extends every year following. They sent me many fees and I was VERY disappointed with their customer service. Customer Service was not able to help and simply continued to charge me for fees and services I was not using.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 27, 2019

I paid to have my son's apartment treated for bedbugs, with a 3 month retreatment period. The tech used the freezing technology and also put down pesticides. When my son returned home, he moved the couch cushions and there were about 60 bedbugs still very alive under there. He called and they said to "give it time", and call for a retreat in 2 weeks. When he called for the retreat, no one would answer, so he left a message, but got no callback. This went on for a few days until finally he called the regional office and they called the locals who then set up an appointment.

When the tech came the second time it had been a full 3 weeks, and the apartment was fully infested again. But instead of using the freeze treatment he just went in and sprayed pesticide. It did nothing. The bugs are worse than ever! He and his family are bit up and they see live bugs on the couch. If Terminix had come back in a timely manner and used the effective treatment they promised, this wouldn't have happened. As it is we've spent $1500 for nothing.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

A year ago my husband and I discovered termites in our bathroom. We called several places to compare and we chose Terminix. The inspector promised us no worries. Everything was taken care of as long as we paid the annual fees. That was the beginning of many lies ahead. The tech that was supposed to treat and install never performed the services right so this past Saturday we had a swarm come through our dining room floor after I fell through it. And then on top of all that I call and talk to 3 different agents about getting someone there asap and everyone lied! Saying someone will call soon and never did. And to icing the cake I ask about who's gonna fix my floor and somehow after everything else I don't have damage coverage. So their satisfaction guarantee ain't nothing but false advertising. My attorney can call them now!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 20, 2019

We followed all the step required before initial treatment. They coming in and install mattress encasements on 3 beds. On one bed they didn't have this right size so they put a size bigger on it causing the encasements to bubble up and fill with air. On the other two beds they decided to put the platform inside the encasements with the mattress! And to make things worse they've been installed encase mattress platform on top of a rusty frame without putting down any tape to protect the encasements from getting ripped! Our stuff is in bags for 2 months. My house was turned upside down and the entire process was a nightmare. I develop a phobia - a crippling fear of these bugs and now I have a hard time sleeping. I have to check my bed three times before I can even sit on it. In my living room I haven't been in there since.

I called Terminix back. Inform them that the mattress encasements have holes and I believe the bugs are back. NHL me that my warranty is up despite the fact that they installed encasements wrong! I don't know why they didn't just treat my mattresses. The idea of having a bag of bugs in your house and expect it not to rip or tear is ridiculous! It's a scam! Mattress encasements is a set up for failure. A complete circle jerk to get you to come back and spend more money!

Now I'm trying to give them to come back out here and it's taking me 5 days to get ahold of them and even then I could I didn't get ahold of them on the phone. I had to ask for new services for the internet to get one of their sales representatives to call me. This will be the third appointment I've made trying to get them back out here and they couldn't get me anything sooner than Thursday, another 4 days! Let's see if they show up this time. In the meantime I'm laundering my stuff and I'm going to sleep in my van!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Deceived. I have a regular service with Terminix and I called them because I thought I had a rat in my house. Well a guy named John came over and I was told I was infested with rats. He really scared me so I got the extra contract to get rid of the infestation. As it turns out no rats were caught in over a month from them. If I’m infested why wasn’t anything caught?? I have called numerous times and I still have not had a supervisor call me to explain why I was lied to. Now I’m stuck in contract and no infestation.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have signed on for service in Queens, New York just a month ago. While the first visit was effective, it has been a challenge to book a follow up appointment (which was part of the contract). Service hours are not very flexible, and that requires to take days off from work or pay someone to be at home, if you are a working professional. Most unfortunately, after I did all that, the tech showed up an hour and 22 minutes past his appointment schedule, without giving a courtesy call of running late. Needless to say that no one was at home to greet him, and now I am back to rescheduling it again. I canceled the service and strongly advise people against using Terminix as there are many worthy substitutes around. The treatment is ineffective and when asked to deliver on the promise (i.e. 100% satisfaction guarantee), you would be put through a wringer. Utterly disappointed.

Original review: May 16, 2019

First off, I have been a customer for quite a while and the service has been excellent 99% of the time and the local office has always been great. The issue I have just started when I never received my quarterly service and called to find out why. I was told that they called and left a message, which is impossible because the phone they have been calling for the last 5 years has no voice mail, so after scheduling I talked with a customer service rep, who could have not cared less. She said if they said they left a message then they probably called my wife's phone. My wife says she never got a message.

I told her that maybe I should go with a different pest control company since she really didn’t care how my service was missed. She said ok, I said, "You really don’t care if I go to a different company?", and she said no. So pretty much the corporate employee doesn’t care about the franchise's customers. I spoke with Drew from the local branch soon after this call and for now I am keeping Terminix, bottom line is if you have any issues get in touch with the local office that appreciates your business, or call corporate and get irritated.

Original review: May 16, 2019

This company has covered the termite protection on my home since construction 33 years ago. When I received my annual renewal it was paid in 4 payments over 6 weeks as has been done in the past. I received an e-mail stating they wanted to get me back as a customer. I called the company and told them I had went nowhere and that is when I was told my contract had been cancelled for not paying the entire bill at one time. I told them that's the way I had paid for over 30 years. I was told it had changed in 2019. When I told them I had not received a notification again I was told again it had changed. I ask them to reinstate my contract since they had been holding my payments. I was told that was not possible. I have spoken to several managers. Same answer. I was told could not write a new contract because I have a deck attached to my home.

Original review: May 11, 2019

This was the first time that we have had any pest control company on our property. We had an infestation of bed bugs that was brought home in suitcases. We followed Terminix instructions before their Service. Since their service we have had no signs of live bed bugs, only dead ones. The treatment is working!

Original review: May 11, 2019

Terminix has been efficient and effective for insect control. They come quarterly, do their job and then leave. Their technician calls us about the scheduling of our service and let's us know when to expect him. His name is Kevin and he is just very, very friendly and accommodating. He answers our questions promptly or gives us information as to where we can get an answer. I would tell my friends to go with Terminix.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My mom had a termite inspection and the technician indicated she had a rat infestation under her house. He told my mom's caregiver that if they were that bad under the house, they'd be in the attic too. They looked in the attic and found nothing. I set a trap under the house and left it for three days. I caught nothing. My mom is 89 years old. I'm glad her caregiver was there.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Terminix took care of a termite problem professionally but their followup has been anything but professional or efficient. We called to have them rebury a termite trap, twice made appointments and twice they were a no show. Now they are billing us for services already paid for and when we call to complain they promise a callback from a manager that never happens. I miss my old termite company.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Bill is totally wrong. Very nice for beginning, then when you signed contract, always have hidden fees come up. You have to call a lot of toll free number and talk to unfriendly representatives. I’m already cancel all the services.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville