It's that easy Request Information
4.38/5
Based on 3,351 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

9969 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We had a problem with ants and the technician from Terminix came over. He looked around and said they were coming in from the attic and then he put some stuff that looks like a clear gel on some spots. My wife was there during the treatment and she said he was really friendly. Since then we really haven’t had a problem. I’ve only seen one or two ants here and there. I know they could only spray so much and it could be toxic to humans. But it stopped the ants for a while. The technician said they could have a nest up in the attic. The only way to get rid of them then would be to have a termite gassing and kill everything.

Terminix response

Maurice, Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I scheduled a service with Terminix. I have bugs in my grass and called for my service guarantee. They personally came down here and said don’t do the service. I said that if they have some customer guarantee, they can just do something to make them happy. I like to repeat technicians. They know me and I know and trust them. Every time a new one comes, I don't know what they're doing because they don’t know what they're doing around here. Also, they gave me a big window for the schedule. A small window would have been good though, so I didn't have to wait the whole day. I've had ants before and they put some kind of cream under my sink so little bugs come out. They also spray all over when I don't know what kind of spray they using. Still, they say it's a safe type of spray.

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We have an apartment in Willits that we service from Terminix. But we got somebody local because they couldn't get here fast enough. Also, getting through to them on the phone was so hard. They made me push 2 and 3 and made me stay on the line. They send out pleasant and responsive technicians though. We used to have the same guy and then they switched on us. Our problems are mostly preventive and we have food moths inside our house. They have a hard time getting the pheromone traps every time but as long as they bring me the traps, I’m okay.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had an issue with ants. Terminix came out and did them. The tech who came out was fine and everything was good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had Terminix come out and check for termites. Scheduling the service was fine and their technician came on time. He was very knowledgeable. He said that the problem was actually carpenter ants, which isn't part of my contract, so he told me to call my pest control.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I signed up with Terminix for four treatments for the year and recently, they came out for a routine service. They seemed to be pretty flexible and accommodating when I scheduled the appointment. Also, the guy who came out did a good job and since I had the service, every once in a while, I’d find some bugs and spiders inside the house. But overall, it is not bad. He also kept me updated, sent me some text messages and emails about what he found, when he was gonna arrive, and when he was leaving. So, I appreciated that and hopefully, the next couple of treatments would be good as well.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Signed up with Terminix for pest control service after a salesman came knocking at my door. He informed me that I could cancel anytime before the first service was rendered. I took the next few days to research them, and after not liking what I was seeing, I called to cancel my account the morning before service (service was scheduled for the afternoon).

That afternoon, a Terminix technician came knocking at my door, to inform me that he was there to perform service. I answered the door, explained to him that I already cancelled my account, and watched him go on his merry way. I thought that was the end of that. However, a couple days later, my credit card was charged for service. That's when the nightmare began.

To cut it short, call after call I was reassured that I'd be receiving a refund (which led to many days of waiting each time). After my 6th call, some manager rudely informed me that I would not be receiving a refund because service was rendered. Are you kidding me? I was there at the time (I work from home, my office faces the street), NO SERVICE WAS PERFORMED.

Eventually, I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company. Would you know that a few weeks later Terminix wrote me again to say that they performed service and I owed them? So much for my account being cancelled. I made a 7th call to let them know of my disgust with their "service" - I had a few choice words for them, but I managed to contain myself (it's not the representative's fault. She works for scumbags after all). Their response was that they were going to send it over to the local office to handle it, whatever that means. Terminix is a scum of a company with no morals. You have been warned.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Terminix was flexible as far as scheduling was concerned. The technician that came out was on time and the service that was done was fair. It has worked out since and the ants aren’t so bad anymore. I haven't had any ants inside my house. Still, it's the season for them and I have seen them outside. I have to get Terminix's tech back at my place again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am having an issue with wasps and I had several issues trying to get Terminix to come out. They had someone in my area and although they kept scheduling, they weren't showing up. It took them four times before someone finally showed up. The technician who came was my normal technician and he did what he could. But by the time they finally got out there, we didn't know if the wasps were just in that one area or if they were gonna spray somewhere else. So I have to try to find somebody else to go ahead and make sure everything else is all right. I didn’t understand what was the problem about them showing up and doing whatever it is they needed to do. But overall, it was okay. They took care of the immediate problem and I haven't seen any since then so that’s a good thing. I also talk to them directly so it’s good.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have a quarterly service with Terminix mostly for spiders. Their reps were pretty friendly and were able to explain what the services were. Plus they work with you on a payment plan. The techs always explain things and when I ask questions, they tell me. There was once a Boxelder bug that was hard to get rid of but they explained what they do with it. My wife likes that they always put coverings on their feet so that they don’t track anything. They also tell us is how long we gotta keep the pets away until things dry out.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have called for one week receiving no response... Five units out of 18 have termites. Our contract states they will treat after the inspection. I have also left messages for John **, the supervisor and no response which he always would answer.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

We had a bout of roaches and ants and we have Terminix come out every three months. Usually, we get either an email or a phone call saying, “Your Terminix man's gonna be there tomorrow.” Without any interaction with us, they set up a date. And normally, nine out of 10 are the ones that they tell me we have, and we have to call and we can’t reschedule it. Then when we reschedule it, they still come out the day we told them they couldn’t come out. The guys that are supposed to be out here are the ones that are supposed to be keeping the tabs on it, and obviously, they’re not. So, we’ve had them show up when they weren’t supposed to. We’ve had them not show up when they were supposed to. We got real close to cancelling Terminix about a month ago because of that.

We really don’t know what our schedule is with them. And all of a sudden, we get, “Oh, next week they’re coming here to do the outside or the inside.” And we have complained about it numerous times. And then all of a sudden, I get a phone call from the tech that was supposed to show up, laughing. He’s with other guys in the background, obviously driving with a bunch of friends. And he said, “Huh. I didn’t show up today. I’ll be there tomorrow.” And I said, “No, you won’t. You won’t be.” I called up Terminix right away and told them, for one thing, I did not want him again. And for another thing, he thought the whole thing was funny. He didn’t show up. We waited almost four hours before we found out he was not coming.

Terminix said they'd correct it. We said we'd cancel because this is getting ridiculous and they asked us to give them another chance, and we did. But we haven't seen nor heard from them again. So, as far as their customer service and their scheduling, it really needs to be overhauled. I can’t always give them four hours of my time whenever they just feel like doing it. And it’s not like I’m not paying for the service. It’s not like they’re coming out of the kindness of their hearts. I’m paying big bucks. But the last time I’d seen them was August 7th. We're already into October and I haven’t heard anything about them coming or anything else.

Nevertheless, the gentlemen that do come out normally are decent people. They’re friendly when they get here. They listen to our thing. Now, they very rarely come in the house because we do have the animals and they don’t have a lot of pet-friendly sprays. So, we really had to limit what they can do on the inside of my house. Basically, they do the outside of the whole perimeter of the house and they are good at it, those that we have seen. But there was an exception where the one gentleman that came out said, “I need to go into your crawlspace.” And my husband said, “No, you can’t go in my crawlspace.” “I need to.” “No, you don’t need to, and you can’t.” And he argued with him for about a good 5-10 minutes as he was spraying. He kept telling, “When I’m done here, I gotta go in that crawlspace.” And my husband looked at him and said, “Which part of you cannot go in my crawlspace you don’t understand?”

My husband asked why he needed to do that and he said, “It’s part of the service.” But nobody has ever tried to get into our crawlspace and nobody has even pushed it. And since I’m the customer, if I say no, there should be no more discussion. So, we might not stay with Terminix if they don’t start getting their act together. There are other pest controls out there that we can get into. Terminix keep raising their prices but they don’t raise their standard as to who’s coming out.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have roaches here and so far, I have called Terminix about five time to get their service. When their techs came out, they were on time and sometimes they came earlier than the timeframe they set. They were also very courteous and very nice. But since they've been spraying, the situation has gotten worse. Within a couple of days after they were here, I had a whole bunch of roaches flying over the place and more bugs keep showing up. In fact, a couple of days after the last tech came, I saw a big German roach that was about 10 times the size of a regular roach.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have a quarterly service with Terminix. The interactions with their customer service team have been usually good. However, some technicians have been better than others. Some have been really good, but there has been one guy who try to do the minimum amount of work and try to talk us out of things. He has come a few times and it has been a little strange. I asked him specifically when he recommends doing a specific thing. He said during the spring and fall. It was spring then, but he said we had to wait until the next time. It was obvious he didn’t want to do anything more. When I ask him to do something and pressure him, he’d do it, but he wouldn't come out of his way to do anything extra. Although we have a neat, clean, house property, we live in the foothills and we have more pest than most because of where we live and we have had to call them back. Terminix provides a great service and I appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I recently remembered that I didn't get a bill from Terminix. I called them to find out and I didn't realize that my payment was overdue. The rep answered my questions and she was really polite and I paid the bill. The only issue I had was the phone line was garbled and it was like I was hearing other people talk on the line. I have had the termite inspection with Terminix since 2003, but, before that, my ex-husband and I used Terminix and we’ve always used them since I moved to this house in 1987. I have been doing the termite inspection once a year. I also had pest control for a while, but I decided I didn’t really need it. Terminix recently came to do the termite inspection and the experience was nice. I don’t kill all my brown recluse and Terminix kills everything else. I also have mice, but they didn’t really help with that. They told me to get traps, so I don’t need Terminix if I had to do it myself.

I get a notification that says Terminix would be at my house at such day, although they didn’t call and ask me. They didn’t schedule with me and they scheduled without me. Then, I’m supposed to call and say, “No, I can’t.” I assumed all that is automated, but it has never really changed. I considered going to somebody else just for that because I don’t work regular hours and it aggravates me to have somebody come on a day when I’m not aware. I’ve done this since 1987 and they haven’t done a thing about it. I like the actual work of Terminix except that.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've been using Terminix for about 15 years, off and on, but it's not a steady deal. I will run a quarterly deal for a couple of years, then I will just stop it for a little while because of no bugs. I'll let it go for a year, then I will call them back. Usually, we have a lot of spiders and ants mostly, and they are hard to get rid of. It's easy whenever I have to call the call center to schedule service with Terminix. However, they changed the guy that comes out for some reason. I stopped using Terminix and the next time I started it up, he didn’t come out. He did my work for a long time. The new technician usually calls and says he is coming, or whenever he is there, and I just tell him to go ahead and take care of the issue.

I'm usually not there when he comes and I haven't met him, but he leaves me a copy of the ticket that he had done, on the front door, then I get a bill later on. There are fewer bugs now than there was before he came by. I live in the country and it's hard to kill bugs when you are living on a farm or ranch, but he does a good job.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Terminix comes out when they say they’re supposed to and most recently, they came for a regular routine. They tell me when they’re coming out and that’s fine with me so far. Normally, I'm not home when the technician comes out, but he emails me what he's done.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Terminix comes out for a regular scheduled bug spray once every three months. They notify me about the appointment by email and texts, then they call usually the day before the tech comes out. He provides good service and is very professional and courteous. He comes to the door, lets me know he is here, and asks if there is any issue, then goes about his business. So far, the pest activity in my home has been low since I got Terminix and I would tell others that they have done a good job, so they should use them if they want.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We've been using Terminix for six weeks now to treat our roach problem. Everybody in their team has been very kind. I would call to schedule a service and then they would send the tech out. He was here a total of five minutes putting down the bait and he left. However, the roach problem is still terrible and I'm already getting cranky about it. Terminix keeps telling me that it would take two weeks, but from what I've heard from other people and gotten from other sources, it doesn't take that long and that we need something stronger.

Terminix response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Terminix came for a three month follow up and the schedule was all set up. I got an email or call about when they were coming. I really like the traps they use for mice and the trap catches voles right at the garage door. I can’t really find those anywhere. I have a vacant lot behind me so I have those field mice at a certain time of the year, and the traps work fine for me. It was the billing part that I had an issue with because I thought my husband would let them know that we would send them a check but the payment was done on auto-pay. It threw some things off balance because I have my budget. I was upset about that. But otherwise, the service part was fine.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Terminix comes every three months and they do the whole house. I get the same technician every time and he’s a great guy. He rings the doorbell and he tells me he’s here. When they first started coming, they didn’t leave a slip if I’m not around. But now, I got them to leave a slip in the door, so that way I knew when they were here. The pest activity has been much less since they've been servicing our home. We’ve always had ants in the kitchen and then now that we got Terminix, we don’t have ants in the kitchen anymore. They do a great job.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I’m happy with Terminix and I don’t feel like changing. I had a lot of problems here and I always got service pretty quickly. When I said they gotta go up and check in the attic because we had rats up there, they had traps to take care of that. Then, the squirrels were eating into the areas in the roof and after they got in and did a lot of damage, they kept making noises and it would blow my mind. So, Terminix put all kinds of screen surround thing.

They also did preventative kind of things then they came regularly every few months to spray inside and outside. I pay for those routine sprays with a different price. But if something shows up or if I saw some roaches, I would call and they would come. I also had termites several years ago and at the time the house didn’t have a policy when we moved in, so we got termite prevention from Terminix. Since then, they’ve been doing different termite inspections and came a couple of times a year to just look for termites. And thank God I haven't had termites again. One time, I also got red ants and Terminix came and took care of that. So, if something comes up, they have been very reliable. Jason, my former guy, was really nice and I was so used to him. But I heard he was very sick and I kind of feel bad I didn’t try to call him.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We’ve been dealing with Terminix for 30 years now and so far, we don’t have any complaints. The work that they do is fine. They’re as good as anybody else. The only thing I don’t like is that they keep changing people. We used to have the same guy for 15 years. We’re in business too and I know how hard it is to keep people. But it’s nice to have the same person coming every month, so we do not have to babysit them when they come out. But since Terminix has been coming, we've had very little pest activity. We used to have a business, and they always came out to our business too. And they were wonderful. We’ve recommended them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I had a little trouble getting my appointment scheduled with Terminix. I called and they forgot to send it to a scheduler, but they sent a guy out that day anyway and the tech was good. He went around and looked at what we needed. He wasn't there super long, but it worked. It took a few days for the treatment to take effect and he had told me that. We had a bee problem and he said I had to take the poison into the hive before it took effect, and it ended up working. I would recommend Terminix.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Terminix comes out annually, in July, for termites and they tell us when they’re gonna come. They do their thing on the outside only, they don’t say anything, then they leave. The times that they come inside, all they do is go around the house, and look with their little flashlight. They say, “Well, you have no termites inside the house either,” and away they go. So, Terminix keeps termites away.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I was having termite issues and Terminix has the best warranty in the business so I called them. I told them I had a trail going outside of my house and they referred me to the guy who does it out here in this area. We set up an appointment and the guy came out. We talked about the price and what was gonna happen. He installed green little plastics they put chemicals on. I've been getting regular services and there has been no termite activity. They come out once a year and they came out last month to check on the units. The second tech that came was very nice and he explained everything to me. I asked if he could expose all the units so I don't hit them when I do my yard work and he did that.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We had termites and it had been going on for less than a month before we got in touch with Terminix. All the technicians have been awesome, very nice, very cordial, and very cognizant of being in someone’s house and being respectful. We had them put in the termite traps and then they come out once a year to check them and make sure all the bait is full. We don’t have termites anymore in our house. Terminix is expensive but it's one of those necessary evil types of things. Otherwise, we haven't had any problems with them. It has been a good service and I'm sure if I needed them and if I saw an issue, they would come out.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I've been with Terminix for five years and the service keeps things at bay as far as the insects are concerned. The service is good. We have them come in every month to make sure that our vermins are taken care of. The technicians are very nice and pleasant, and they give me brief explanations of what's going on here, so it's all good. They do their job and give me a report. And then, I get an email of the report on top of that. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We have been using Terminix for nine years now. They conduct a termite inspection yearly. The techs who have come to our house have been very polite.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Pls. stay away and beware of these thieves. Spoiled my whole week talking to various people in their headquarter and local branch office in Long Island, NY. Long Island, NY office is filled up with 100% rude and customer enemy people who don't know how to deal with customers and be a professional. It was so annoying to deal with them that. I really had to shout and be abusive. Headquarter is worst than the local branch. The reps speak to you very nicely to start with and promise to resolve your issue and after put you on hold while they talk to local branch, and immediately change their color and just say what local branch want them to say without taking any step towards resolution.

For them their local branch is everything and customer does not have any say even if you are 100% right and local branch is wrong. Never use them. The worst pesticide/termite control company on the island ever faced. After having a contract with them for 15 years and paying all dues/renewal on time, they terminated our contract today and asked me to go somewhere else after knowing that there may be some insect/pest activity at the property. They asked me to pay another $1400 to treat the property and restart the contract again from scratch with high annual price. I paid them $300 every year for almost 15 years and they only visited the property once a year during the contract term and never treated it but will charge you full amount every year.

Once you complain about any activity or request for another service, they will create some kind of story and ask you to pay extra money and then again restart the contract with higher charges. The local Long Island office is very very rude, non professionals and only sitting here to eat your money. Each and every one in local Long Island branch, including their manager, inspector is very very rude. If you call their headquarter, no one is there to resolve your issue, rather listen to their local branch office and will dictate their terms.

I am taking them to court for all what they did with us. I am surprised that after being a national level company and part of ServiceMaster group, there is no proper management and professionalism with Terminix and they don't care about their customer. ServiceMaster should be alerted and take some actions before they go out of business. Bottom line is that if you want to be cheated and then on top of that disrespected, please call Terminix today. Terminix has hired bunch of idiot fools sitting there to disrespect you.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs