toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Terminix

Thank you for being a loyal customer, Buffy!

Original review: June 6, 2017

Terminix automatically schedules service for me and they let me know when they are going to be coming. And if I need to change the schedule or if I decide that I want them to come inside to spray, then I let them know. It's super easy to change the schedule or the service. I can either call them or log in online. It's also really easy to pay online. There has only been one price increase and it was just a couple of dollars.

Also, our technician Leon is super sweet and always checks if we're home or if we need to change anything. He always tells me when he's done. Since the service, I haven't usually seen bugs outside but I've seen a couple of spiders inside. And so, I need to have them come inside our home to spray next time. I'll suggest Terminix to my friends.

Terminix

Stories like this keep us going! Kasey, Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: May 19, 2017

We have used Terminix for several years at our former address. But then when we moved, we used a different service for a year and it just wasn’t as good. We’ve probably been using Terminix here where we moved for the last year. I just called and renewed the services with them. It’s really easy and they’re really helpful. We usually have quarterly visits. We live in a developing neighborhood so we just wanted to have a nice, comprehensive spray just to keep everything out. New houses, new constructions. You never know what’s going to come with that.

Our technician’s awesome. He’s always really helpful and he really seems to know a lot about what’s going on in our house and in our area. He’s always really friendly and always really considerate. He came to treat the inside and outside of our house. I told him about something that's going on in our tree. He checked it out and he got a couple of wasp nests there. Also, by the time we find spiders in the basement and stuff like that, we've never had trouble with them because they’re pretty much always dead, which is the way we like it.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Terminix

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: June 9, 2017

My experience began on last Monday when I called to get an "Expert" out and they scheduled an appointment. The Technician also serves my neighbors next door. Well they set me an appointment for Wednesday. Wednesday comes around. They didn't show however I did see them at my neighbor's house. The technician calls to reschedule 5 days further out. At which point I was understanding the stuff happens but then they called me a second time to Reschedule again but this time 6 days out. So basically I wasted two weeks waiting on someone who couldn't have the professional courtesy to fulfill their end of the agreement but they sure didn't mind taking my CC info and personal info: normally not one to write bad reviews but when you have pests and children it's kind of a serious thing to a parent. Wouldn't recommend allowing these people or anyone for that matter push you around!!

Resolution In Progress

It all started December of 2016, with the discovery of a soft spot in the flooring of my two story residential office. With the discovery we made contact with the local Terminix office in Mobile Al. Sure enough, Terminix declared that there was an active infestation and additionally significant damage to the outside wall and floor joists. He then said it would be best that we could close that part of our house off until the repairs have been made. He then made a call to his branch manager to make him aware of the infestation and damages he observed. So far, I am extremely satisfied that this infestation and damages occurred by the termites would be resolved and we would be made whole again.

Beyond this point is where dissatisfaction starts and still undoing. We felt like, we had leprosy outcast. After initial around the middle of January 2017, a Terminix employee completed treatment to kill off the infestation, communication were minimal and at times none. The poor girls answering the phones, they tried to help us, but it wasn't their sympathy we were looking for.

Finally, a subcontractor that Terminix called upon came to visit the damages, and offer a quote and scope of work to the Branch Manager. Then there was no communications for about 4 to 6 weeks. Finally, the branch manager said there was a third party estimator was coming by to review the estimate given by the contractor that Terminix initiated. The estimator then submitted his results back to Terminix, however, a vast difference (not to the good) in repair cost and scope of work.

Somehow, the estimator neglected to add in for floor joists replacements and other items that damages that needed replacement. This single action, difference in the costs and scope of work furthered delays in resolving our plight. This is now March of 2017. Frustrated, we told the Terminix Branch Manager, that we would seek bids for the repairs. Outside contractors not associated with Terminix placed the damages around 40k to 45k. And the scope of work was identical to those that Terminix contractor.

April 2017, my wife made contact with the state of Alabama Department of Agriculture and spoke of our issue. They assigned us a caseworker, that caseworker came to our residence and took our complaint and observed the damages. He then wrote up our complaint and submitted to Terminix his requests for additional treatment and requested from them our treatment and repairs history. He also requested the case history of this complaint. It was then that my wife received a very gruffed call from the Branch Manager, mentioning this action by us contacting the State would slow the response to our claim. And I now believe it to be true.

Still in April, finally it seems a change of heart, Terminix completes the second treatment of an attached substructure and offered a cash settlement. The settlement approximately 25% less than the outside contractors we've contacted, but, we agreed upon the settlement for the less, to simply put this chapter of our lives into the past. We could only figure strategy the whole time. Now it is the Middle of June 2017, that agreed upon cash settlement has yet to be received. Still no contact with the competent persons to resolve our complaint and the poor receptionist are still receiving the tongue lashing from my wife.

Update: Finally the Regional Manager called. My wife was reprimanded for her frustration. Now, I understandably know that my wife tongue can be sharp, as I have had the pleasures of being on the end of her wrath. Unfortunately, he knew nothing of our case and complaints and will have to respond back to us at a later time.

Footnote: You may be wondering where have I interjected on behalf of our complaint. I unfortunately, am a contractor whose employment is in other states where my ability to respond is difficult. My wife is unemployed, semi-retired status and is obtainable for contact. I believe by writing this is more for therapy and unfortunately it is also my belief that this will not be resolved by the two parties, as apparent by the communication deficits.

Terminix

Thanks for sharing your Terminix experience.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I've lived here eight years and never had a problem. Four doors down on the other side of the street, there’s a gal who has roaches. My granddaughter lived with her for a couple of months and then came over to my house. I don’t know if she got the roaches here or not ‘cause I’ve never had any before that. I came to Terminix through a guy that did the service at the church I go to. I talked to him, got his card and called because I saw a few roaches. The same guy came out and initially did my service, but the guy that came out last time said that guy is no longer with them and he didn’t use the right stuff. This guy used the right stuff but he said he wouldn’t be my normal guy because he works Palmdale, not Lancaster, so I don’t know who they’re gonna send out when I call them today.

I live in a mobile home and it's all-metal, so I didn’t realize that in between the metal and the walls, there's wood so I could still have termites. They had a guy do an inspection for termites. He checked it all, went under the house and did a really good job. The guys who have been coming out have been good. One came on Friday; the other one came on Monday. They’ve been spraying and told me if I saw one or two, it’d be no problem and it’s been almost a month since they sprayed the last. It needs to be sprayed again before my next time in June because I saw one in the bathroom and I never saw one in there before. They were little babies when I first called them and now this one’s a little bit bigger. They’re getting bigger.

The reps are pleasant and they help me get my house scheduled. They tell me that the guys would call when they’d come. They’ve called or texted to let me know when they’re done with the other job they’re doing. They do really good service and they answer my questions when I talk to them and I’d recommend it to a friend.

Terminix

Thanks for sharing your Terminix experience, Micheline! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: June 4, 2017

I went online and the guy who came told me that the neighborhood people always complain about some kind of fly that we can never get rid of and whatever they sprayed seems to work. I have an appointment for Terminix to come next month and the contract we have with them would end in September. When I signed the contract, the guy told me the termites was going to be twice a year but the lady on the phone told me it’s only one time. Otherwise, everything was fine. Everybody was polite and listened to what I had to say. And now I’m waiting for my next appointment in June.

Terminix Crystal Lake, IL - terrible customer service. They came out twice to get rid of ants. After that they never returned my calls or text messages. Called customer service twice to try and get an appt scheduled. Never received a call. Supervisor said he's emailing that office and the regional manager. Someone will call Fri. No one called me. I'm calling Orkin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Terminix

John, We're glad to hear you're happy with our service.

Original review: June 3, 2017

Terminix comes here automatically every three months. They spray my ground and after which, pest activity is much better. I'm happy with their service.

We recently got Terminix. The guy came out, everything was fine and I got the first bill. Then another time, I checked my account and saw that I was charged again. It was a different amount but I also recommended my in-laws to use Terminix and for some odd reason they used my account for their charge. I called and the lady was very insistent that my card was not the one being charged. I gave her the day and she said that it got charged that day but it wasn't my card. I asked my in-laws if they were charged the amount and they said they haven’t gotten their first charge yet. They’re nice and I had them call and change the cards to theirs and they were able to do that.

It was frustrating talking to whoever I talked to at Terminix as they were not able to help me at all. I know I got charged twice so let's take off that second one. They charged my card but can't find how they charged it. I haven't received the refund but I'll work it out because they're my relatives but I wish that Terminix could solve the issue for me. The gentleman that came out was great. We still have a lot of the spiders coming in but they only come out once a quarter to spray.

Terminix

Rhonda, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I was having problems with ants and I called Terminix. I tried to schedule the service through a recorded thing instead of having to go through a person and it told me that I would have to wait two months to get service. So I ended up talking to a person and I got someone to come out within two days. That was really funny and ridiculous, as far as the scheduling was going.

Then the tech came out in two days which was wonderful. He was on time and very nice. Also, I have dogs and I was worried about them but he was wonderful with the dogs. However, he initially went to my old address because that's what he was given even though when I scheduled the service the Vivint rep told me my current address. So the poor guy drove all the way out to Glendale Heights when I'm in Bensenville which is at least a 10 miles distance and I felt really bad about that. Then I had to call them a second time and a different tech came out. Both of them were very good, though. Their service was great and I haven't seen one ant since the treatment. So I'm real very happy and grateful about that.

Terminix

We appreciate your feedback, James! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: June 2, 2017

During the quarterly preventive routine, the tech from Terminix knocked on the door and I said, "Yeah, fine. Good to see you." I barely saw the tech which was okay. He didn't have anything to do inside. He did what he does around the house. He knocked on the door and said, "I'm gone". Even before, a casual conversation with their tech only lasted for about a minute and a half. For scheduling the service, I get an email and so far, I have been okay with what they suggested as to when they're coming, and they do come. It has been a pleasant and professional experience with Terminix.

Extremely poor customer service. Terminix charged my credit card twice for a $1000+ service. My credit card company removed the duplicate and notified Terminix. Three months later Terminix backed out the remaining charge without communicating with me. Then they sent this mess to a collection agency. This will impact my excellent credit rating. During this whole time their system showed I did not owe them anything and I even spoke to the office and they told me I was all set. I filed a claim with the BBB to no avail.

Terminix

Donna, We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 1, 2017

Terminix comes, they spray, go away and I don’t have any ants anymore. I’ve mostly talked to two of them. They’ve been very good, friendly and courteous. It’s a pleasure dealing with them. They always stop when they come and knock on the door and let me know they’re here and ask if there are any problems other than the standard treatment stuff. I usually don’t have any. They’re always good about stopping afterwards and telling me if they found anything unusual. They keep me informed about what they find which I find very reassuring. Usually in the spring, I have a stream of ants. That’s a thing of the past now, fortunately. And they’ve lessened the spider problem. I keep having Terminix come because it’s really made a difference.

Terminix

Thank you for sharing your Terminix experience.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Terminix is well-known and I normally go with a brand that's well-known. I have their preventative service and this was my first time with them. Everything with scheduling was great and very efficient. It took them a day to send somebody out after I contacted them. The technician who came was courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. He knew exactly what he was talking about. Since I started services with Terminix, the pest activity in our home has declined. Terminix did their job efficiently and I'll recommend them to anyone.

Terminix

Thanks for sharing this great experience, Ard! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: June 1, 2017

We had some pest that was getting to be an infestation situation. We had a little problem with scheduling the service. It was like they scheduled one time and the guy said he had no knowledge of it, and so we had to end up rescheduling. It was a crazy situation, but we worked it out. The technician was great. He was on time. He was personable and he helped tremendously. He really did the work. He moved stuff around. He did what he had to do. Since the service, I haven't really seen too many, but I know that we’re going to have to have a reapply or they're going to have to come again just to make sure. But the problem is slowly going away. We hadn't really seen anymore. Overall, my experience with Terminix was great except for the customer service aspect of it was kind of difficult. so that would take some away but the actual applying of the pesticides and things of that nature part, the actual technician part was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 13, 2017

We had to hire another company to come help us as we were unable to get anyone from Terminex to come to our home.

We have a "dead rodent" smell in a room of our home and could't wait any longer to get someone out here to fix the problem. We tried several times to get Terminex to come but are now using a different pest company.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I was having Terminix come to check for rodents quarterly. They have come 2 times so far. This was going fine and the technicians were super nice. They were supposed to call before coming so that I could unlock our gate as we have dogs. They didn't call but luckily we were home when they showed up so it worked out.

The last man who came informed us that we have rats living under our house and recommended that we get an estimate on what had to be done to fix it and how much it would cost. I have set up 3 different appointments to do this and they either have cancelled last minute by text or just don't show up... And don't call to say they're not coming. After 3 missed appointments and wasting many hours waiting I called to cancel my contract. I like the technicians but the scheduling was the worst I've dealt with in years.

I am submitting this on behalf of my 91 yr old mother who had a contract with Terminix for years. I am a contractor and have seen termite damage for years despite their frequent inspections. Recently we had to move her into an assisted living facility and put her house up for sale. During this time we had let the contract expire for 3 months, during our home inspection they found termite damage in 16 different places "Really in 3 months". They refused to take any responsibility and offered to discount a new policy.

Prior to her moving out she had a rodent problem. They came out and set a few traps and caught a few. Her home is adjacent to a creek with many trees, these were big tree rats. The tech removed the rats and told her he did an inspection of the attic, and crawl space under the house. I was there the very next day. Opened the attic access and rat droppings fell to the ground, and there was a nest within 10' of the opening. NO WAY HE INSPECTED THE ATTIC. Also the access to get under the house had never been opened, the house had been recently re-stuccoed. The crawl space screen still had stucco on it. This company truly took advantage of an elderly woman. I watch their commercials saying if termites come back they'll make it right. So not true. I do home inspections myself, and work with multiple realtors. I will never recommend their services. Just another giant corporation taking advantage of people.

Terminix

Thank you for being a loyal customer, Margaret!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Terminix came out initially because I suspected that our mirror has termites and that we also have ant problem and some roach concern. Scheduling was fairly easy. I made the call and we made an appointment to meet. They were here on time when they said they would be, came in and did the initial assessment. It was determined that it wasn't really a termite. They gave me their recommendations and they sprayed. That went well. It was more or less ant and they discovered that the installation and stuff in the ceiling were about gone. That's what prompted me to let them put the additional installation in. That went well too.

Also, the technicians explained to me what they could do and some details of how it will work. Everything was fine and that improved a lot, too, because I had seen a couple of mice and since the installations, I haven't seen any more mice and the ant problem has improved greatly. The only thing that I'm a little confused about is that I signed up to pay a monthly fee for the service but I don't understand whether I need to call them if they needed to come back or they come at a scheduled time. But for the one or two times that we met, I have seen the improvements and so far, I'm satisfied.

Terminix

We appreciate your feedback, Shanna! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: May 31, 2017

We originally called Terminix because we were having a problem with wasps getting in from our ceiling. Prior to the technician coming out, we had put balms in the ceiling area and we hadn't seen them anymore. So when he came, he wasn't able to locate where the wasps were coming in from. But he put some powder in a hole that he found. We also mentioned that we weren't sure if we had mice, so the technician put about two traps up there as well. Then he sprayed the outside for us. But then we started seeing wasps coming into the window in the living room. Someone from Terminix comes every 90 days, though.

Other than that, the technician was really nice. He did a good job of explaining everything and gave me a CD to go over the way this product works. When I originally scheduled for service, it was done online. But when the technician was here, he said, “It's every 90 days, so put me on calendar and call me to make sure it's a good day.” That was fine for me. So far, we're okay with our service from Terminix. I'll probably need them here soon to do more general extermination work for the ants. We haven't had too many but we've had a few.

Terminix

Dolly, we’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: May 31, 2017

It's been almost a year and we had roaches. It's what our main problem is and we called Terminix. Scheduling is pretty easy and I don't have any problems doing that. The reps were friendly, nice and they helped really well. The technicians call before they come out to let me know that they are coming. They came out and they went right on their job and they were done. They are well-educated because they know what they're doing on their job. They recently came out here and did the inside of my house. They are supposed to come back out Friday and do the outside of it. They're good and I haven't seen any pest activity since having their service. I've had no complaints with them.

Terminix

Thank you, Benny! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed

Original review: May 31, 2017

We had some ants, some little insects and we got Terminix to come out every three months. I also have another house on another side of town that they come to every three months for rodent control. The only problem was one time we had them, they promised us a free service and after they got done with their service, they ended up charging us which is alright but I said, "Well, you shouldn't have told us it was gonna be free." And then sometimes they act like we don't pay them. The payments not even due yet when they send out the bill but sometimes they call. It's like you're being harassed so that was why we stopped our service here. We kept it at the other house and it's on the same account.

But the technicians have all been fine. Everybody's been real professional and we're pretty much satisfied with the people that come out and do the spray. They're very informative and they do seemingly a good job when they can get in the house. Sometimes no one's home but they leave a note and say that they've been there and couldn't get in and so we sometimes have them come back out. Sometimes we just wait till the next time. Overall, it was a satisfactory experience.

The Terminix technician was supposed to just come for the quarterly visit and spray around outside but when he got there, I explained to him about some issues we were having with the ants getting in and something else. He was nice enough to come in and sprayed all inside, took care of it, gave me his number, and told me if we have any more issues to just give him a call and he would come back. Since then, we've seen only one ant. We can’t figure out where it’s coming from and how he’s getting in but there was none since then. Everybody from Terminix that's ever came to the house has been really good with me. And they follow up and make sure that things that I needed done and they were supposed to do were done.

Terminix

Thanks for sharing this great experience, Elaine! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: May 30, 2017

Everything has been fine with Terminix. I have been using them for five years and they do what they're supposed to do. They come every three months and we don't have any pests since their services.

Terminix

Thanks for sharing your experience, Wanita! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: May 30, 2017

Terminix came in, did what they needed to do, and left. Every once in a while since the service, I see a couple of ants in the bathroom, but other than that, I’m good. I was satisfied with their service.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Terminix has been very good and very thorough. Any questions I've had, they’ve always answered them. We have been with them for five years. When my daughter's ex-boyfriend, Fred, moved in with her out here, he brought roaches with him. So that’s when he made arrangements for Terminix to come out. From day one, I've been paying the bills, though. They don’t live here any longer but I still keep having Terminix come back to be on the safe side. We don’t see any roaches anymore, but we got spiders and ants. However, there was one time when a man came and serviced the outside but not the inside. I got a hold of Terminix and they sent somebody right back out and got it done. Other than that, I haven't really had any problems. They've always been very nice and on time.

My husband and I love Terminix. We get a service from them quarterly unless I call and tell them I need something. However, my usual guy would barely do anything. The last time he was here, I was at work and my mother-in-law was at home and she said he sprayed the front but didn't go around the back of the house. In contrast, the guy from that recently came out did a great job. He walked around the house and sprayed everything. He also walked up in the attic and sprayed there which I've never gotten anybody to do so that was a good plus. But he told us that he probably wouldn't be the one coming back out but we'd rather have him.

Terminix

Bo, We are thrilled you shared this with us and please don't hesitate to contact us regarding your pest issue.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I had a roach problem which ran for about six months and I went with Terminix. The experience setting a schedule was excellent and the rep was polite and courteous. The technicians have been here twice and they were professional and courteous too. It's just weird for me that they won't go in the living room and the bedroom area. We still see some pests but they're mostly gone. I'm happy with Terminix and I will recommend them to friends.

Terminix

We are thrilled you shared this with us, Steve. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: May 29, 2017

It's the first time we ever had fleas. The dog visited somewhere and brought fleas. So, we had Terminix to come out to spray for the fleas. We called and they sent the tech out promptly and he did a good job. But, a few days later, we still had fleas. We called back and the tech came out and sprayed again. Right now, there are no fleas anymore. It's our usual guy that comes out. We know him. He is very friendly and he explains what he is doing. He comes in, does his job, and goes. He's a nice guy. I'm satisfied with Terminix and I'd recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Terminix

Jesus, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our Pest control service.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I have Terminix for almost a year and they have come randomly to spray. However, there has been no difference in the pest activity. They need to put something better for the roaches. My contract is almost for one year. And if in one year and I still got it, maybe I will cancel it. The techs were very friendly, but I'm not happy with Terminix.

Terminix

Warren, we’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: May 28, 2017

Scheduling a service with Terminix is fast and easy. The service tech gets here in two days and he's extremely professional and ideally suited to his job. We've set up our service visit for four times a year and we'll be seeing the same technician so I like that. All in all, our experience with Terminix has been fine and the pest activity has slowed down since I started using their service.

Terminix

Thank you for sharing your Terminix experiences, Heather!

Original review: May 28, 2017

My parents have used Terminix for years. When we moved in to our new house, we wanted to go with them as well. Scheduling it was very easy. They are very nice and knowledgeable. It's been a great experience. There are times throughout the year where the pests come back, but every time that happens, we call Terminix. They come out, and it's all better. Things have improved. It's a great service as always and I would highly recommend them.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

I have been a Terminix customer for several years now. I have had a different kind of grass in a new house, in the same neighborhood. It is St. Augustine as opposed to Bermuda. I noticed that in the course of the year, the quality of the grass has gotten much worse, not necessarily with weeds but it’s losing grass all over the place.

So I asked Terminix to have the technician give me a call and discuss it with me. It was a Thursday two weeks ago and Monday of last week, the technician came by and sprayed the yard. He charged me and had never called me since, so I'm about to drop my service with them. I also had another arrangement with them a while back where it took a while to have a conversation.

They’re not helping the pest activity and I'm very unhappy and dissatisfied on the customer service side of things. I would rather have a service that I can communicate with directly. I do not need the process of having admins answer the phone when I call and then have to wait for a technician to call me back several days later or not call me back.

Terminix Company Profile