2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.96/5

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests they need to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

BOTTOM LINE

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

PROS

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Satisfaction guarantee

CONS

• Not nationwide
  • No specific pricing

Top Terminix Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens… and wiped it out quickly… We are very pleased with this service.

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. They are #1 in my book! Thank you Terminix.

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?
Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.
What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?
Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.
Is Terminix safe for pets?
Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.
How much does Terminix cost for mice?
It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.
Does Terminix have a payment plan?
For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I’m very pleased with my experience with Terminix. Their service techs have always been friendly. They always show up on time and they do what they say they're going to do. We had a short span of time where rodents were showing up uninvited. Since they've been out, it's been no problem. If the rodents show up, the techs are out the next day to take care of them.

Terminix response

Great feedback,Bruce! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have been using Terminix for three years, and I have been trying to call Terminix three times in the last two months to cancel the service, and for three times they have been putting me on hold for HALF HOUR. The technician didn't call before, didn't cancel the appointment when asked to, and charged me anyway. I asked them to remove my service and my CC information from their records THREE TIMES and three times I was told it was taken care of. Now they just told me that they can't give me the contact information of the branch, and they need to approve or deny (????) the cancellation (on what basis they have this right???). I have had enough and I am posting this review on any possible outlet. STAY AWAY. THIS IS A SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

A couple of weeks ago, Terminix came to do some internal and external fumigation. The tech was very friendly and he wore his mask. They have excellent service.

Terminix response

Great feedback,Miguel! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Terminix came out two times and the techs were both fine. Service was fine as well, but it didn't do what I needed to do.

Terminix response

Thank you, Robin! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! If you need further assistance, please send an e-mail to socialsupport@terminix.com. Listing your concern/request, full-service address or the customer number associated with the account, we will make sure that your concern is addressed promptly.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

The techs come right on when I schedule for service and all of the techs I've dealt with have been good. We saw some mice droppings a day before yesterday so they sent somebody. They inspected to see what it might be - some cracks or holes they might be getting in.

Terminix response

Great feedback,Stafford! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

They were very professional and polite. They got the job done very fast. They were very prompt about calling us and letting us know the situation. Their reports were very thorough and understandable. Thankfully, we didn't have the problem we thought we had. But if in the future we did need anything, I'd definitely go back to them.

My initial technician checked everything out with us. He was very understanding. He made sure to describe exactly what he was going to do and why he was doing it. They were very obvious about what was going on. They didn't show up in the big huge truck and all that great stuff going on, so the neighbors were out looking. We were scared we had a bedbug problem. I asked him if it could be the spiders and he told me that if there were spiders, then we'd be in a different spot and that we'd be looking at different things. That helped out a lot for my conscience.

It was kind of pricey but the guy explained to us that if we did have any problems within the next six months that we were still covered, they’d take care of us. So that was another thing we liked a lot. Even though we were done for now, he assured us that if we ever needed them to come back and check things out, they are right here for us.

Terminix response

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feed back Cristen! I have forwarded this information to you local service provider.- Anchee

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

When I started the contract with Terminix, the technician came in and they were helpful. I was following the guy around. He was probably getting a little frustrated with me because I kept asking questions. Then I finally left him alone and let him do his job. I was offered the attic insulation and they came up with some numbers. We spoke about that. They did a good job and I’m happy with them.

Initially, the technicians were supposed to come out and do the termite remediation but they forgot to do that. So, I asked one of the sales reps and they asked the technician about it. He made a couple of emails and then a short while later, they were out. They dug up termite traps and placed them in the yard. The pest activity is on a sharp decline. So it’s nice. I started a month and a half ago. I was having a lot of spider activity. The wall spiders aren’t all that big of a deal but the brown recluse is what I was concerned about. I don’t see a whole lot more of them. So, they did a good job of eliminating their food source. It gets rid of the spiders once they go.

Scheduling a service has been great. Last week, I called on Thursday requesting them to come in and spray the inside of the house because I saw spiders. They squeezed me in and they’ll be out next Thursday. So, that’s cool. Overall, the experience with Terminix has been great. My requests have been met. Some lines were crossed and they didn’t install the termite traps when they first came out but outside of that, the technicians were intelligent, sounded like they knew what they were talking about and educated.

Terminix response

We are glad that your service experience was great! Thanks for your feedback! -Anchee

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

You need to call these guys or get online and schedule an appointment. Have them come out. First of all, there are periodic, automatically scheduled service calls every quarter and whenever I feel like I've got more bugs or rodents showing up in between visits, I just get online and set a new appointment. It's super easy. They then send somebody out and it's always very pleasant. I know they're coming and make arrangements to put my dog away, so that she doesn't cause problems 'cause she likes to run away. They always tell me what they've done for the visit and ask if there's anything else I need. It always goes very smooth. For the first four days after a visit, after they've sprayed, there's almost always more activity, and then it fades out.

I originally signed up with Alterra and then they got absorbed by Terminix and I kept them ever since. They've done an okay job. I live in a rural area, so I'm gonna need pest control or I would have to do it myself. A couple of visits ago, I had an experience where the technician showed up early in the morning. I wasn't expecting him and I was very asleep. Aside from that, it was very pleasant. A fellow came out recently as well and he was very thorough. He went around my property and did everything I asked him to.

Terminix response

Thank you for sharing your Terminix experience! Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need additional assistance at 1-800-837-6464. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I had used another company and was not happy with them so I switched to Terminix. This is my first appointment and everything has been fine. Scheduling my service was fine except that what the people on the phone promise you and what they say isn't all what the technician is capable of doing. The did a lot. But when I spoke to him about certain things, he said, "I know they promise you all kinds of things but those things don't exist. We're in California. We have laws. We can't use those kind of chemicals." It was something about rats. He said he's not allowed to put out poison for rats because it's illegal in California. They knew I was in California when I spoke to them.

There was something else that I had asked him to do and that I asked about. He looked at me, laughed and said, "You wouldn't ever do that. I've been doing this my whole life. That isn't what you do." It was spraying something for spiders. He said, "I can't spray anything around that pool. If they find one drop of chemical that I sprayed in that pool, I lose my job."

The initial visit is a little bit more than you pay normally which would be understandable because they're really going through every single thing. He stuck a little spade down into the ground and said, "This is the kind of place ants congregate so we'll treat this area." He really was amazing. He really knew what he was doing. He was very pleasant in every possible way.

I'm not unhappy with Terminix or with the service that the technician provided. I'm going forward with them. If I had spoken to them and I wanted X, Y, and Z, and they sent me this terrible technician that I didn't like and didn't trust, then I would be out the door. But I feel like I can trust him. He even told me alternative things I can do for the rats that aren't poisonous. He told me things to try to put down the smell that they don't like so they won't come around. He was really very knowledgeable. My neighbors used him and they love him. He made himself totally available. He said, "If you see one thing you don't like, just call my cell phone and I'll be here." He really talked a lot about things.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

We have a regularly scheduled appointment with Terminix. They call us a day or two before someone is gonna come out for a service. It is common that a different person comes, but there is one that seems to come more often than anybody else. I called once because we were having some ants in the kitchen. The guy that was coming out most frequently is David. He's the route manager and he's been really good. I called him once and I got his voicemail. Then two days later, he came out. So, it's been good.

We had ghost ants in the kitchen. He put just a little bait around the window seals and where we were having an issue, and it solved it immediately. So that was good. And the last time he was out, he did a really extensive spray inside and out the house. We're here in Port Aransas on ground level. So, every once in a while, there'll be like a dead roach in the house. But we don't have any problem with roaches or anything of that sort. We're happy with the service. We had a severe termite. That was why we got started and that's pretty well stopped. We don't have any more activity. Terminix is professional, and they seem to know exactly what the situation is and deal with it. So, we've been extremely happy.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!-Anchee

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville