It's that easy Request Information
4.54/5
Based on 3,596 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

9415 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

We used Terminix for 3 months and despite several times of coming to our house during those 3 months, they NEVER got rid of the pests as promised and guaranteed. We saw pests the very next day after they had sprayed. Getting a box of bug fogger had better results than Terminix!! So when we decided to not use them again for another 3 months, they hounded us for the payment even though each time we called them, the representative stated they would correct the account and we did not have to pay. Then a couple weeks later another would call and repeat the process until Friday when they threatened to turn us over to collections! I will NEVER use Terminix and have told lots of people to not use them.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have had a Terminix protection for over 10 years. Termites were found this past year. But it has been so many months and nobody has done any repairs after repeated requests to them. The wood is badly damaged but they keep giving me the runaround. We need to sell this house and get the repairs but there is no hope of Terminix honoring their guarantee that we have been paying for so many years!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I scheduled Terminix to come to my home for cockroaches. I specifically stated what I needed and was quoted online for 109 down and 99 quarterly. I received a phone call the next day from the promotion department offering me 89 down and 89 quarterly. I accepted that offer and scheduled an appointment for August 10. I spent 2 days cleaning out all my closets and took a day off of work to do this. When the exterminator showed he informed me that it was not the price I agreed to. It would be 289 down and 189 quarterly. I told him no. I said what he was doing was false advertising and illegal. He said he did the same thing to a customer the day before. He said that cockroaches were a premium bug and would cost more.

I took a snapshot of the advertisement and it states the bugs listed for the price I was quoted. I called the promotion dept. and I called the number on the Terminix website for Terminix.com. I was told that what that branch did was wrong but nobody would honor what I was quoted because the branch supervisor was not going to do it for that price. That was low and dirty. They had me for 2 days emptying out my kitchen. I took a day off from work. They then come to my door with some excuse to get a lot more money out of me.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

An inspector is scheduled 1st to do an assessment & he was 2 hrs late without he or the company reaching out to (me) with a courtesy call or updated ETA. 2nd appointment and the tech is 3 hrs late and says I'm slotted for a 1 pm - 5 pm appt disputing my 8a-12p appt. And he doesn't even have the assessment information. Instead asked, "What do I need done..." They are the worst! Never again!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

DO NOT USE THEM! Customer Service is horrible. No one tells explains the price or plans. I called Terminix on 8/6/2018 because of an ant problem in my home. The customer service rep took my information. I asked him about plans and payment and he stated that the technician will go over all of that once they come out to do a free consultation. The rep asked me what type of issues I were having. I explained I had an ant problem. He proceeded to inform me that in order to reserve my appointment I need to provide a credit card number. I provided the agent with my credit card information. My appointment was scheduled for 8/8/2018 between 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.

On 8/8/2018, I receive a call @ 8:30 am from a lady with Terminix stating she is en route to my house. My doorbell rung around 10:00 am and a Terminix tech was at my door. He came in with his equipment and asked where I was having the issue. As I am showing him where the issue is, my doorbell rings and there is another tech at my residence. She tells me she is there to inspect for termites. I tell her I don't have a termite issue and she replies, this is a free inspection. At this moment, I am very confused but I'm thinking "free" so okay come in. The first technician sprays the problem areas inside then goes outside and sprays around my home. The second technician looks under my kitchen and bathroom cabinets. She then looks in my attic. Both technicians complete their inspection at the same time.

I speak with the second technician first and she tries to get me to sign up for termite control. I inform her I do not need it. She kept trying to persuade me but I told her I did not need termite control. That's when she informed me that the customer service rep signed me up for their UPC, which covers termite. At this point, I've confused and livid because I did not request that. She leaves my home and I proceed to speak with the first technician. He begins to tell me what he sprayed inside and outside of my home. He also tells me he put bait out for the ants to take back to the queen. I ask him for paperwork showing the pest control agreement the customer service rep signed me up for and he stated that he did not have that information. He pulled out his handheld tablet and showed me a price for $39.09 for the work he did. I signed the form electronically and he left my home.

I called Terminix again on 8/8/2018 @ 3:56 pm to see why 2 technicians were dispatched to my home. The customer service rep informed me because I signed up for the UPC agreement which is broken up into 2 separate agreements; one for termites and the other for ants, roaches, mice/rats, and spiders. I informed her I do not need termite protection. She placed me on hold for about 5 minutes and returned saying that she could not separate the agreement. I asked if they are already separate why can't she do it because I never asked for termite protection. She placed me on hold again and return stating that the manager from the local office will give me a call in the morning.

On 8/9/2018, I received a text message from a manager named Kisha stating she wanted to follow up on an inspection that was completed. I immediately called the number. I explained to Kisha my problem and informed her that I never requested termite protection. I also informed her that neither technician was able to provide me with agreement forms for me to review to make a decision on what type of service plan I wanted. I also informed her that the lack of communication was bothering me.

I informed her that I would like to pay for the service the 1st technician did for the ants and to cancel the UPC agreement the 1st customer service rep signed me up for because that is not what I agreed to. She told me that I will be charged for $118 for the technician spraying and putting down the bait traps. I informed her that the service form I signed was for $39.09. She told me that the service agreement I signed up for is for 1 quarter. Being frustrated I told her to cancel the agreement and charge me the $118 but that it was BS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

In 2017 a Terminix sales person came to our door and offered a yearly deal: 3 visits a year for $99 each visit. I told them that we only do one treatment a year and have never needed anymore than that. He agreed to 2 visits in a year at the $99 each visit. Long story short, we fulfilled the contract, having two treatments: one at the start of the contract and the other toward the end of the 12 month period.

Since the end of this contract I have continually received numerous phone calls trying to confirm a scheduled visit, or reschedule a visit. I have told at least 8 different people that we do not have a contract with Terminix and that we do not wish to have anymore appointments made. They do not listen! Literally the next day after one of these calls, I had a guy show up at my house to do a treatment. I told him that I had just talked to 8 guys in the last couple months and explained once again that we do not have a contract with Terminix. He apologized and said that he would talk to his manager to make sure we were not scheduled again.

Apparently he did not talk to his manager, or the manager ignored him because on June 19th of this year someone came and did a treatment on the exterior of our home when I was not home. I received a bill in the mail for $107.50. I immediately called the company to complain about this and tell them that I will not be paying this bill. The woman was very nice and told me that she cancelled our contract and that the account was taken care of; I believed her.

About a month later I get a call from Terminix saying that I have a balance owing of $107.50 still. I nearly exploded, but calmly brought this woman up to speed, saying that I am not paying this bill. When I got home there was another bill waiting for me in my mailbox. I decided to call the company again because I do not want this bill going to collections and ruining my credit. I once again explained things to a nice lady, who tried to tell me that the records show that I cancelled with Terminix on July 15th, but that the bill was for a June 19th treatment... ARRRG!

Of course the records show this... Why would I think I had any contract to cancel when they come out and treat my home without my knowledge and then send me a bill for it a month later!!!? This company is horribly run: the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing!! Apparently I am supposed to get a call from a local manager from my city today or tomorrow (I am NOT holding my breath). If I do hear from this manager, I am insisting on an email from him (before I get off the phone with him) absolving me from this bill and any further bills from unknown treatments that I did not agree to. If I don't hear from him... I am bringing in my lawyer to deal with this completely incompetent company. I don't need this aggravation anymore. Let the lawyers duke it out.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My neighbors which is family had the Terminix man out and did a inspection and they have the crazy ants and the reg pests so we been seeing them also next door. Spoke with salesman on the afternoon after he visited them he set up the same time as them between hrs 9 and 11 and said the tech could get us also while here. Then got call at 945 or so tech wasn't going to be able to get us cause he had full schedule call from salesman and I'm like I made plans to be home and nothing else, salesman said he call back.

I had to keep calling him and the tech showed up next door said he couldn't do us cause he full them more calls to salesman and then more calls and then service manager CD called said that he didn't have our stuff on the trucks and made other excuses then trying to get us to go 2 to 4 PM. They said we was schudele for next day two to four. I said, “Nope I was told 9 to 11” then they finally sent another service manager out to spray. This is after calling customer service which calls the service manager and they have failed to return calls back. After speaking to them about this seems a lot of lies from all or I should say different stories why all this went along. Still waiting for resolution.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I hired Terminix to get rid of clothing moths. After paying $300, the technician arrive and proceeded to spend only 20 seconds on spraying my closets. I had to ask him to spray more. Within one week, it was apparent that the service did not work at all. Both closets had moths. Called for follow-up service, go the run-around. Informed Terminix that I was going to Europe and needed proper service prior to leaving. Was then given a fraudulent service date/time. I know this because when it was a no-show and call customer service, I was informed the service tech assigned didn't even work in my area.

So after hours of removing my closet contents and my departure flight within 48 hours, this is how I was treated. I have requested 5 times now for a manager to call to discuss this. I keep getting collection calls to pay my bill, but have only received one voice message from Paul, and that was on 7/30. After returning his call and requesting a call back...nothing. This is how Terminix handles problems? They are interested in taking money but not resolving ineffective service.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

While selling a home, the buyer had Terminix conduct a termite inspection. The buyer was present, but I was not. The inspector barely went into the crawlspace but discovered termite tubes on the concrete block foundation. He then started a high pressure sales pitch with the buyer. The inspector called me with a high pressure sales pitch claiming that the house was infested and that we needed to meet immediately. I was at work an hour and a half away and was able to meet with him a few hours later at a restaurant.

He stated that I needed to immediately sign a $1,700 contract with him. Numerous statements were made inferring that he would turn in a bad report that would cause the finance company to decline the loan if I did not sign. He also tried to impress upon me how time sensitive this was so that it didn't interfere with the closing date. Additionally, he also wanted to conduct several thousands of dollars worth of mold remediation. I told him that I would have to get back with him about the work he requested be done.

I left our meeting and drove directly to the home to meet with a trusted local termite company. We inspected the crawlspace together. It was obvious that the Terminix inspector barely went in because we became covering in dust and cobwebs. This is a fair sized space with easy access and minimal obstructions. We found only two old termite tubes next to each other by the crawlspace door. The tubes only went up 3 of the 4 foundation blocks and never came in contact with any of the wood structure. There was no evidence of a current or previous infestation and no damage to the home. My inspector completed the required inspection form within minutes on site. It has been almost a week and the buyer has yet to receive anything from Terminix.

I am mold remediation certified. There was a minimal amount of mold which is common in most middle Tennessee homes. For less than $200 I completed the remediation to industry standards. At the end of the high pressure, exaggerations and lies, the Terminix inspector had the nerve to tell me to have a blessed day as if to insinuate he was an honest, dependable person. Despicable.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I paid for a one time service ($259) in May. The service technician Joshua called me a couple days before the "annual" service in which I told him I did not sign-up for the annual service. I told him not to come to my house. Joshua came and treated my house anyways. I told him, called corporate and sent an e-mail complaining. No one is empowered to do anything except point the finger at someone else. On August 3rd Terminix charged my credit card $159. This is fraud since I did not approve the charge nor did I sign an annual contract. I need this fixed immediately!! 1. The one time payment of $259 clearly shows I did not sign-up for an annual plan. 2. I told Joshua not to come to my house when he call 3 days prior to the service. He told me he forgot. 3. I talked to 2 people prior to the charge on my credit card and you still fraudulently charged my credit card!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Four years ago we contracted with Terminix for bat remediation. We signed a lifetime contract and paid upfront for this contract. Four years later we still have unresolved issues. Appointments are set only to no show without follow up. Follow up appointments are set and no show. Bat doors are added with a plan to return and no return. When you call someone comes out, sets a new plan and the plan is never executed. Last week's plan was to come, seal up the house (already supposed to be done) with exception to where it appears they are now entering and return at night once they have left to seal the last section. No call no show! We know they were here during the day at one point as they left their caulk gun in the front yard and another bat door that was attempted to be installed had fallen and also lying in the yard. Terminix waves their high CS rating but fails by epic proportions. We just want was promised.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

TERMINIX pest control in Sacramento, CA. has terrible customer service (they do not honor their 100 percent satisfaction guarantee or your money back within a 30 day period). The office staff and the techs in the field lack communication. Techs will make appointments and not write them down then forgotten so customer is waiting and waiting. Tech came to spray 45 minutes before the inspector came to inspect. So the treatment had to be rescheduled. I already had my whole house prepared for treatment and we had to live like that for over a week for the guy to come spray.

When tech sprayed he was in my house less than 10 minutes and he did not spray or sweep down any spider webs on the exterior of the house. That is part of the service. It's in my contract. So I call and I call. A week later tech comes to spray exterior of house and treatment for rats and mice. He was not here 10 minutes. Said he was done but he still did not sweep down webs so I call office again (I feel like a snitch. Like why aren't you doing what my contract promised?). After getting the runaround over and over and the webs never got swept down by Terminix and the product gave no results I decided to cancel my account to get my money back.

Well 2 weeks of waiting for money to be back on my card I called to check on the status of my refund. I waited for 15 minutes then the manager got on the phone and said "I'm not giving you a refund. I can open your account back up then have a tech come and spray again but I'm not giving you any money ". I said, "But you advertise 100 percent satisfaction guarantee or your money back." I explained how unsatisfied I was with their service and product and I requested a refund. He still said no. I said, "You're not going to honor your satisfaction guarantee or your money back?" He said, "Where are you getting that guarantee from?" I said, "Right here on your website and it is in your policy." He said, "I'm still not going to give you a refund." And I filed a complaint with BBB. We will see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Updated on 08/15/2018: Terminix manager Lee called me said I would get my refund. Then told Consumer Affairs that we settled our issue outside consumer affairs. But we have not! I cannot get Greg ** (assistant manager because Lee went on vacation) on the phone and he is not returning my calls and I have not received my refund."

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

July 2017 we started a termite service with Terminix. In the beginning everything was fine, just a bit expensive to start up. A year goes by and it's time for our annual bait station check. I receive an email telling me the day and time the tech will be there and I confirm with notes that I will be there and that I want to speak with the tech to go over a few items. The appointment was between 4-6. When 6:30 rolls around and the tech has not shown up, called or sent me a text, I call the #800. The rep tells me that she can't reach him either and that she would email him and copy the area manager.

Days go by and I still don't hear from anyone. I am in sales so when I am not selling I'm not making money. A few days later when I am out of town I get an automated text that the tech is on his way, shortly after I get a text asking me to rate my service. Are you kidding me? I complete the survey and a few days later the area manager calls me to apologize and see what he can do to make it better. We reschedule and again for 4-6 and ask that the tech meet with me. Yet again the tech does not show up!

The next day I call the area manager and let him know of the issue and my mounting frustration. He states he doesn't know what is happening, that this tech is really good and doesn't know why this would happen twice. I don't either, but I have lost out on 4 hours of work for incompetence and lack of follow through. As far as I know the tech never even checked the bait stations when I received the text notifications. When speaking with the manager I asked for a refund for what I have prepaid for this year. This was on Monday and I have yet to receive my refund. I should have read the Yelp reviews regarding my local office and their lack of professionalism, not solely relying on this forum for my information. If anyone from corporate would like to reach out to me that would be interesting in discussing further.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have been a satisfied Terminix customer for 3-4 years now and never had any issues until recently. Terminix had a treatment done around my house for ants, but the man had went beyond the barrier of my house, on the other side of my pool and sprayed around my 30 foot tree, as well as, many shrubs and smaller trees. The 30 foot tree immediately experienced chemical burn to most of its leaves, my rose bushes shown signs of the same burn, and a couple of Indian Hawthornes near my house as well. I called each day for six days, asking to speak with a manager to send someone out to assess the damage and not one manager has returned my calls.

One man did call my husband and said he would be out and would call when he was on his way and never did. I have been very nice to customer service during all of this because, as I told them, it is not their fault that management fails to assess the problem. I expressed how disappointed I was with a company as reputable as it is, to have handled this matter like they have. As a loyal and a good paying customer I expected a better response to a concern I made, of which was the only concern in a 3-4 year period. I am sorry that not one person had the heart to just come out and see what they could do to help remedy the situation. Really sad business practice.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My scheduled appointment time was changed without my knowledge, and there was a no show at the new scheduled appointment time. I wasted my afternoon waiting on a no-show technician. I canceled my contract with Terminix.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I gave it one star because I had to in order to post! I've had a Bond for 18 years. My guarantee was that Terminix would: Reinspect, perform further treatment and repair or replace termite damage. Now that I have damage they refuse to fix it. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had service approx. two weeks ago. The technician was here for 25 minutes and installed 16 bait stations for my termite problem, I paid almost $3000 for this service. When he left he said he would email me my work order. He emailed me an order that belonged to someone else. I called to get it corrected. He could not correct it. The order he sent me said I had 0 bait stations and the service was for carpenter ants. I called customer service. They said they would have it corrected. Never happened. I called the salesman. He was to have it corrected. Again never happened. I called again. He did not respond.

Yesterday I called customer service and they said that Henry, the service manager would call me. Nothing again. I have called a total of 7 times and no one has done a thing. I want the stations removed and my money back so I can go elsewhere. How is the future rep supposed to check my service when my work order says I do not have any bait stations? Oh, they also do not come out for a year after service installation. Once they get your money they do not want to hear from you and just ignore you. I am very disappointed in their service.

Original review: July 31, 2018

English is not my first language. Terminix came to my house to inspect for termites which we had, they offered the tenting and they came a second day to finalize agreement and payment, they charged us for the service, gave us a date (approximately 40 days later). During that time I called to confirmed the service was July 26 and they say yes twice I think, I opened an online account and they posted the date for the tenting (have proof). 3 days before I called again because nobody had come to my house to bring us the bags, and they confirmed again and brought us the bags.

The day before the tenting, the 25 nobody had called me to tell me the window of time for the service, around 3 pm I called Terminix and they said they could not do the tenting because the roof was difficult (they are saying this after we paid 40 days before because they said they would do it). I had paid for security (I lost this money), was ready to pay for a hotel, had everything in the bags that they provided, and in boxes. They say they could not do it because the roof was difficult but they would do it August the 20. (Is the roof difficult or not?) I have called the manager several times and I still don't have my money back in my credit card nor the money I paid for security that he said he would reimbursed. I have now an appointment with another company for tenting on August 27 but maybe my house is more infected now because I have lost a lot of time. They were never going to called me the day before to tell me they were not going to do it, very disrespectful.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When the original termite control contract expired on our new house in 9/22/2014, we extended it with SOS Exterminating here in Tucson. We bought a 5-year protection contract that covers us until 9/22/2019. Terminix apparently bought SOS sometime after that. All was well until this year, beginning the last year of the contract. Terminix sent us a bill for an additional $30, above the $199 that we had already paid for this year under the contract.

When I called Terminix, the lady on the phone said Terminix had raised their rates this year and her supervisor said I would just have to pay up. When I said I had a contract and would not pay more, she indignantly said she would "null" my account, so I assume she did that. What a shame that they are happy to lose a customer and goodwill for $30.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

No response received
Original review: July 31, 2018

We live in a rural area with several farms nearby. We have an issue with ants and spiders in the home. We asked them to make an appointment to come into our home to spray quarterly. They have never done so in the year we have been with them. They come unannounced when no one is home and spray the exterior of our home. This does not address the issue in the home. They then badger us for payment when they have not lived up to their end of the agreement.

Original review: July 28, 2018

We've had an annual contract with Terminix including an annual inspection for termites since 1995. Previous termite inspectors found termites in many locations that didn't involve water sources including under the back porch, on the bedroom ceiling, behind a wall hanging by the fireplace, by the front porch railing, and near an outlet in the dining room. Thursday when our house was inspected, the inspector only looked outside and inside near water sources. He says that this is what he was trained to do. If previous inspectors had done this, termites would not have been found and our house would have suffered much more termite damage. I hope that inspectors will be trained to give a more thorough termite inspection in the future (like they did in the past).

Original review: July 28, 2018

An appointment was scheduled for today from 10am to 12pm... It’s now after 1pm no tech!!! No calls from the tech stating that he will be late! No nothing... I even reached out to the tech, but no. Answer mailbox is full. Called the office and they couldn’t reach him. Same issue. Where is the customer service!?! It’s frustrating that nobody’s picking up their phones... This is an issue that needs to be addressed with the corporate office. Complaints will be filed!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I needed an inspection because we have noticeable termite activity so I used Terminix's website to make an appointment for a free inspection. Don't use their online scheduling - apparently the local branch won't get your appointment. The first appointment I made was a no call no show. So I called to see why they didn't show up and was told that someone would call me to reschedule. I waited for 2 days and no one called me back. So I called again and they sent an email to the local branch and that I would receive a call back from them to reschedule.

That took 2 more days for them to call me back. So I reschedule another appointment with the local office giving them several days to make it happen. At least this time the tech calls me to tell me she can't make it and if I could reschedule for the next day. I have canceled plans twice now to accommodate them and they can't show up during the allotted time. So she tells me she will talk with the office (same person I set this appointment up with) and that someone would call me back. So I wait again for another full day and no one calls me back. So I call the toll free number again and they put me back in touch with the local office again. I made another appointment and hopefully they will show up this time.

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2018

Thanks again Terminx
Responde ASAP and came out and
Did what they suppose to do thanks again

And thanks to terminx

Original review: July 27, 2018

I paid for ants protection. He came and spray. I saw no improved. In fact I saw more ants. I contacted them several times. They have ignored me. I pay 1200 to them. I would say use a local pest control. They guarantee you and return to reinspect. Terminix only take your money and after that it’s you to chase after them. I am a realtor. Do I use them for my home? Never. Never again.

Original review: July 26, 2018 One of the worst customer service and company by far. Dec. 2017 we found some bugs in our kitchen. We called Terminix. They came and checked some cabinets and walls. They did not find the source. They offered a contract. I asked more than one time, if is possible to cancel the contract, they confirmed this.

Coming mid Jan. 2018 from vacation, we recognized, that we have a three Year financing contract with a high percentage of interest, which I would never sign.

In the meantime I sent at least 8 E-mails to Terminix (to the local office and to customer care), trying to clarify the case, they did not answer one single E-mail. I was 6 times at the Fort Myers office (90 Minutes travel) which is even during the office hours locked. Only two times they opened the doors after knocking and ringing for minutes and at least five times. I told them, that up to now, I did not own a single copy of the contracts. Even in the Terminix office they did not care or were willing to communicate and provide the contracts.

Feb. 2018 I provided at the Office a check with 500.00 USD to cancel the contract. They were not interested to talk with us or clarify the case. Additionally I offered by E-mail to cancel the contract, (for another company found the source of the kitchen bugs and solved the problem) willing to pay 1000.00 USD. No response from Terminix.

Now, after 6 months, Terminix is asking using "Nationwide Credit" for 2,132.95 USD. For one visit - about 50 Minutes. and installing some Tools in the garden. For us, it is new, that a service company is not interested to communicate by E-mail or even by visiting the office and provide the contracts in the office. It seems, the only thing which is really working to send automatic adv. e-mails. As I mentioned, In the meantime another company found the source of the kitchen bugs and cleared the situation.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I have tried unsuccessfully for 86 days to first find out why Terminix in Smyrna Murfreesboro Tennessee did not return to my home to perform the services I was, have been, believed was cancelled yet am now being charged directly for by Terminix. I receive the same runaround and the men who did come to my home required a signature for putting down a liner and when they did not return I had to hire two other companies to perform what I am now receiving one bill for 720$ and another bills for 980$ for when rats died under my house two weeks and contaminated the liner, and re-infested my home with insects, which by the way besides the liner was the only service I am receiving a 1700$ total for.

No rodent control poison boxes or anything added to a new liner only re-infested the liner which had to be removed once the company I am being serviced by cleaned the dead rodents which had moved into my walls in the few days Terminix never returned. Initially I had 608$ taken out of my checking account received an 89$ a month two year contract past due with Servicemaster which was emailed to me and was not the services I provided my electronic signature for.

The salesman Van ** and I discussed services totaling 2000$ which required a 500$ down payment. My billing changes as the local Smyrna TN decides while I had this other company perform the services and my home remains protected by the company who provided the services Terminix acquired my electronic signature and never performed. And adding whatever they choose to add subtract and say our agreement was my electronic signature is what they are using as proof as well and without a customer's approval or knowledge. Terminix is set up to allow no accountability for such actions other than a run around that ends with being scammed while the customer's credit is being ruined. Now bills are coming directly from Terminix and I cannot get anyone to discuss the lies the manager of the branch, salesman and technicians are conveying to the few people who have tried to inquire for Terminix.

All avenues lead to a local branch manager and a few crooked people who obviously have gotten away with misusing customers electronic signatures and saying they provided services while the customer wastes hours being ignored in calls to the local branch, the customer service who maintains they'll have the local branch manager call you and a nonstop runaround ensues. I am under contract with another company I was forced to seek and had to also pay a company to clean, disinfect and remove the new liner which is all Terminix did install as it became contaminated as the liner Terminix removed, all they acquired my signature for but add what they choose. Since they did not add any rodent poisoning the new company first did this task as well as rat boxes which after two weeks than led to a new liner and disinfecting. The pest control continues as dead rats in a crawl space sent all the insects into my living space.

The story this Terminix manager claims is that all services to rodent and pest proof my home were performed and he took off the 500$ for the auto vents they did not install. I have called an attorney, have video and pictures and fraud alert at my bank returned the 608$ I never agreed to pay to me. My attorney says I cannot call the news team to investigate these matters and utilize service from her as well.

I am a disabled veteran on a fixed income who cannot afford bad credit and would have never agreed to any of what this Terminix has done misusing my electronic signature. I will never ever trust my electronic signature to any business without a hard copy in hand. Please let other consumers know what has happened to my credit and the practices being used against consumers by Terminix through corrupt small branches who know a customer will either pay or have their credit destroyed through Servicemaster or directly from Terminix. I have been and am sick over all this. Thank you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 23, 2018

I signed a contract with Terminix in 2011. At first, the service was fine. They came out as many times as I requested and did a good job keeping pests away. But increasingly, this company and its representatives have become more and more unreliable. Half the time they don't show up and won't call to let you know they're not coming. This morning, I was told the record showed that I requested service, but it was never approved. WHAT?! It's been a nightmare, especially over this last year or two. I'm done. Cancel me. I shouldn't have to pay you AND chase you. #Reliabilitygoesalongway

Original review: July 23, 2018

I scheduled an appointment for 7/21/18 (Saturday). My first service was $189 with discount and other 3 services were going to be $159 as per conversation on phone with Rachel. I have to done the treatment in exterior and interior in kitchen living room, bathroom and bedrooms. I empty my kitchen and all other closets as per conversation. Technician came he don't even inspect anything. He get rude and said he can't do with $189. I have to charge extra that'll be $269 for today treatment.

I was requesting him I got discount and I empty my kitchen. He didn't listen and yelling on me. Lucky I was home if I was not home they'll be worst with women. After that I refuse to get the service. I try to contact with customers representative. After few call I lucky talk to manager Michael. He was worst than technician. Don't even listen to me and said technician has to inspect then he can make a call how much will charge. "If you want the service you have to pay," what he said, "Otherwise we can cancel it right now." Very bad behavior and bad service. I would never recommend to anyone.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Had a terrible experience with an Orkin inspection that costed 95$, then came to Terminix, got a free inspection and had a great time with the inspector! Khai made my family feel really good about the treatment and stuck around for a really long time answering all the questions we had! The cost is a bit more than Orkin but the customer service is amazing!! Hopefully we won't need a pest treatment anytime soon but if we do we'll definitely be using Terminix!

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

Terminix is your invoicing for services not performed or double billing. I paid $1700 for a rodent removal. I was then billed another $2000 a year later and then another strange charge of $446 appeared. Not the first time this has happened and after many calls they removed charges. Here we go again.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

TN
(866)-319-6528
Terminix.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business