2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.89/5
Get Pricing

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and other common household pests since 1927. The company offers Basic, Advanced and Premium plans for termite prevention and pest control. Specialized services for mosquito, tick and bed bug control are also available.

View More View More
Call Now Toll Free

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now. We changed from another provider when we moved, and are more satisfied. The inspector never fails to call us before he comes out and always leaves a report. When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens (unusual being more than one) and wiped it out quickly. We have never had another problem. I have found the inspectors to be very professional and friendly, and they are great at answering any questions I might have. We are very pleased with this service.

Terminix response

Thank you! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I asked Terminix to provide a quote for my older home. In fact I asked several companies to come and quote. When Jon B. got there he was very friendly and professional. He educated me all along the process. The house had low crawlspace but he put on his jumpsuit and with flashlight in hand crawled under there and made a complete inspection, taking pictures along the way. I felt like he done a great inspection. As a side note, one of the other companies came but the inspector was too big to do the inspection. Another company didn’t show up for their appointment. Jon inspected the interior and then sit down and drew out the house and added his photos. In the end I had a quote and even though the price was a little higher, I went with Terminix mainly due to the excellent service and employee. A year later I am still satisfied with them.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My house was treated for wood boring beetles starting in 2003 by Terminix. In 2014, an area had to be treated again and wood damage had occurred. Wood Boring inspect damaged is not guaranteed by Terminix which I understood from the original contract. A few months ago, I asked terminix if that damaged needed to be repaired before I could get a clear termite letter when I sale my house in a couple years. Josh ** which I believe to be a supervisor came out to my house and went under there, and looked at the damaged. He gave me very good advice that I should replace the 12 feet of Joist that are showing wood damaged.

He arranged for a company to come and give me a estimate. It was the company they normally used. Terminix handled the contracting of the work, and I paid them. The company that replace the wood did an outstanding job at a very affordable price. I am very pleased with this experienced and especially with working with Josh ** to get it done.

Terminix response

Thank you, Larry. We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

We have used Terminix for bug treatment for many years. Terminix seems to have a lot of technician changes; it’s hard to expect the same technician for a long time. Each technician gives a different level of service. One technician that stood out from the rest - Crystal ** whose territory is in Webster, Texas. She has set a new standard for the rest to follow. Actually, from our experience over the years, no other technician can ever match her level.

Crystal worked with a smile; she was so thorough. She swept the house and the detached garage along the eave, and along the bottom of the walls. She then sprayed along those same places. She also sprayed for bugs thoroughly inside at kitchen and bathrooms and at exterior doors. I could just imagine if I was a bug, there was no way that I could not penetrate the bug shield that Crystal had created. Doomsday for bugs, for sure. Thanks, Crystal, for the fantastic job you have done for us. I just wish that I could continue to receive this level of thoroughness for a long time but I know it’s an impossible wish.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 28, 2019

A few years back a visiting friend brought (gulp!) bed bugs into my home. I was unaware that this friend had them until it was too late. We purchased commercial sprays and discarded all of our furniture (probably over the top...) but I wanted to be sure we had eradicated all of them. I called Terminix to inspect afterward for peace of mind. The technician came to my home, but after a thorough inspection told me that he felt we had eliminated them. He did not charge me a single cent and gave me peace of mind so I could sleep again. A few months following we had to move (not because of the bed bugs). I wanted to be sure that the house we were moving to was "bed bug free" after what we had just been through. Again, the technician came to our new home, completed a thorough inspection, gave me peace of mind, and charged me nothing. I promised that I would always keep Terminix in mind for any future services. I upheld that promise!

After finding (and confirming) that we had found kissing bugs in our home (we have HORRIBLE bug luck!) I called Terminix out to spray. They quoted me a fair price and scheduled an appointment. I was fully expecting the price to "go up" once they got here. It didn't! I paid exactly what I was quoted over the phone with no surprises or on-the-spot sales. The technician was efficient, polite, friendly, and respectful. I wish all companies operated this way! Keep it up, Terminix!

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: June 22, 2020

They have the worst customer service ever. Everything seemed very easy when we made the payment for termite treatment. The technician (Michael **) refused to spray my house inside, that’s where we saw the termites and the reason we decide to call this company. He was rude and his answer when I told him I was going to ask for a refund was “We’re not losing anything but just a client”... Haha, crazy. I made 3 appts in 3 weeks, and he refused to do it. He said he would only do it if he sees the termites himself, despite he could see all the damages... I was charged 1,400 dollars. Every time I had to call them I would stay on the line for 1h on hold. Definitely avoid this scammers.

Terminix response

Hello Letricia, we sincerely apologize for your experience with your service! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution. - Anchee

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 21, 2020

We have been a Terminix-LaPlace customer from the time we poured our slab 35+ years ago. We are just finding out (March 2020) that they have been taking our money (approx. $8,000+ over that time) and had not performed ANY of the services they say they provide. Traps are supposed to be place by bath tubs to check for termites and we have NO TRAPS. Drill holes are supposed to be in concrete slab areas (driveway, porches, patio) and we have NO DRILL HOLES. We have lots of concrete areas that they could not treat without drill holes. Failed at checking inside of home for years.

We contacted the State Dept. of Ag. and upon inspection, their report confirms that Terminix failed to put traps and drill holes, etc. Managers were rude when we complained and wants to sweep it all under the rug and start over. They want to come out now and do all the work they should have done over the past 35+ years for a another FEE. We think we have given them enough money for NEGLECT. We contacted an attorney and they refuse to give us their legal dept. information. They jeopardized our home and cannot honestly tell us if we have termites.

We would highly NOT recommend this company. We no longer trust their services and will be using another company. Don't be fooled at what you see. We see their TV commercials..WHAT A JOKE! NONE of what they show happened at out home. We have all of our documentation that what we are saying is true and it was reviewed by the State Dept. of Ag. We have every right to be angry with them for neglecting our home at our expense. Better Business Bureau will be contacted. Customers should have not have to experience this kind of neglect.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 19, 2020

I contacted Terminix to resolve some bee and bug problems I had around my house. After the first treatment it was obvious it did not work as the problem persisted. When I reached out to Terminix I was told that they would not honor their guarantee. I could not be more dissatisfied with their service, if they would of offered me a refund I would of moved on but now they have the nerve to offer this guarantee and not honor it. Very shameful and disgraceful.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 16, 2020

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 I had Scott come and inspect my home and exterior for termites. He was very thorough. His State of Florida ID # was on his card! He gave me a tri-fold brochure with three estimates for protection against subterranean termites. I had two more companies coming to do the same. Who would not get more estimates? Well, the next inspector gave me three estimates also; one of the estimates included dry wood termite protection.

I called Scott back on June 9th to find out if dry wood termite protection was an option. He said yes and gave me an estimate of a one time fee over the phone. I asked both of them if they used sub-contractors for any of their work. They both said no. I looked at the second companies' contracts and realized I had some questions. Apparently, they do not cover any repairs needed if termites strike. Thus, I wanted to find out exactly what the plans included that I was quoted from Terminix. After June 9th I called Scott's cell phone 3 times and left messages. I called the office number on his card twice and left messages. Last night my husband asked why I would be interested in getting treatment/prevention of termites from a company that will not return my phone calls. What happens if we find evidence of termites after we sign up with them? Would they answer that phone call?

On June 16th I called Terminix's 877 number. I wanted to give them one last chance. I have spoken to Marian who was unable to reach 2 or 3 people. Next she transferred me to, Vince, a division service coordinator. He put me on hold and said he spoke with Tasheana, local service coordinator, who could contact Fred, the branch manager, to find out what is going on. Vince said he would be my contact from now on. He said he would send me an email with his contact information. While I was talking to Vince, I received a call from an 866 number. Vince thought that would be someone from my local office.

I hung up with him and found out it was a computer calling wanting my feedback from my most recent experience talking to Terminix customer service. I did not give any feedback and hung up. I checked my email and had none from Terminix. I was no further along than I was when I originally called June 16th. I am not 100% satisfied!!!! I feel like I did after Hurricane Irma. Our home was damaged and we could not get in touch with anyone to give us an estimate! This is NOT after a hurricane!

Original review: June 8, 2020

After a few missed appointments when tech did not shown up and tons of spiders, scorpions around my house I decided not to go with poor Pest control and keep only termite protection. Terminix never responded to my written complains I sent and never return my calls in waiting line when I left my number to call me back. I feel like I was paying for nothing when agreed for Termite + Pest bundle. Now, I can't contact them to cancel useless Pest part of the agreement. Instead I am receiving emails and statements to pay renewal or they will report and negatively affect my credit history. I am desperate to contact them and cancel part of their service. Neither I am willing to pay for job they did not do well. I am glad they now have another poor deserved review from real customer. What customer service they are?

Terminix author review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential and commercial property owners.

• Pest control services: In addition to termite control and prevention, Terminix technicians are trained in mosquito, tick and bed bug control.

• Ongoing protection: Termite offers ongoing pest control services for 13 common household pests, including cockroaches, ants, mice, rats, wasps, spiders, moths, crickets, silverfish and earwigs.

• Terminix Promise: With the Terminix Promise, technicians come out to your home between treatments as needed at no additional cost.

• Terminix MyAccount: Customers can manage their accounts and pay bills online.

• Available nationwide: Terminix is available in most of the United States

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville