Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars9%
  • 3 stars2%
  • 2 stars1%
  • 1 stars3%

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expert technicians ensure that your home and family are protected, while our range of services ensures that Terminix is prepared to handle any pest control need.

Great personal service. Addresses my concerns and give me advice about how to take care of my insect problem.

We have been customers of Terminix for many years. The service is excellent. The technicians are always courteous and professional. We would highly recommend our families and friends to consider using Terminix service.

Been battling with German roaches on and off for the last 4 years. These guys came in and within a week I was barely seeing the roaches anymore. Now that it has been about four months, nothing. My house is finally bug-free and I can sleep in peace.

Enjoying my yard without mosquitoes. Daughter being pregnant made our yard so much more enjoyable. The Zika virus may never reach us, but the treatment makes us more relaxed. Also very nice not to have pesky mosquitoes buzzing in our ears and biting us. Since mosquitoes' bites on dogs can cause heartworms it's nice to have our dog protected. Thank you.

I had another exterminator, was not happy with them. I called Terminix. Since I have had them very satisfied. I recommend Terminix to everyone. If anybody would use them they would be very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Great service with a smile.

Very professional technician, completed service in orderly manner and took time to answer all of my questions.

We are very happy with the years we have dealt with Terminix. The service technician is very thorough, and listens to your problems with certain pests. He is very thorough on his job. He always comes in with a smile and great attitude. We like Ray a lot.

As I have stated before in previous surveys, we have the BEST Service Technician ever! His name is Tony **! He is always very personal & considerate when he comes to service our building during work hours and he always asks if we are having any problems that need to be addressed. Keep up the Great Work Tony!!!

I am happy with my Terminix service and my rep Miguel. Always on time and thorough.

Service was great. My technician Roger was on time, cordial and asked about issues or problems. Completed his job without fuss or issues.

We entrust Terminix with our homes' bug control. We have found you to be responsive, friendly and thorough. Neither of us likes to see any creepy crawlers inside our house or around our foundation. Thank you.

Technician arrived promptly for yearly termite inspection and proceeded to do the inspection. The technician did a thorough inspection and everything was in order.

On a Monday morning, my wife discovered a bed bug in my child's room. Tech was here on Tuesday. Gave an estimate and was scheduled for service the upcoming Saturday. Tech gave me his cell number to call if I had any questions which I did have to use. He got back with me promptly. Service writer and tech completing the service were helpful and friendly.

Our service technician, Craig **, is one of the best we have ever had. He is very thorough, very professional, helpful and courteous.

Good Job. Very complete review of property and installation of preventative care.

My biggest complaint is with the call center. The lack of communication is not good. The branch manager is, however, extremely helpful and goes out of his way. My technician is always on time, friendly, helpful, clean and does a thorough job. I'm still getting bitten by mosquitoes, but I'm thinking it may take some time for it to work.

Mike is an outstanding service tech. He has always returned my call within an hour of my calling him. He has always been on time when he scheduled appointment. Has always goes out of his way to make sure I don't have any problems with anything concerning my Terminix. He also no matter when I need to reschedule. Doesn't hesitate when I ask him to come on different day than scheduled. I had ants once and he did such a good job of taking care of it the first time.

Service was timely, friendly and professional. The service and expectations were explained well and the end result was elimination of our problem.

We have a new house, so we needed to make sure that we're well-protected against termites and bugs. The main thing Terminix is doing for us is getting rid of mosquitoes and keeping bugs away from our house. We have their service performed routinely and the people that were helping us have been courteous, and have done an excellent job. We've had two different guys that have come out and both of them have been very professional and have done all that is needed to make sure we were protected. Since the last service, we have no bugs and have not seen a single mosquito around our house this summer. I'm very satisfied with the service that they gave us.

Terminix comes every month. The technician is fine and comes here all the time. They did mosquitoes the last time they came and we don’t have any mosquitoes since then. The experience is very good.

Our tech always arrives in a timely fashion and takes care of all our "bug" needs. He's a great guy, respectful and is filled with helpful knowledge.

I always request Victor **. He is very professional, reliable and polite.

The local Terminix representative who does our quarterly home inspection and service has always done excellent work. Never had any issues or complaint with his work.

Fantastic customer focus. Great service, explained details of inspection and differences since they have started services.

I wish I didn't have to use chemicals to keep the spiders away. But we do. I've had a few different technicians to my house, but the guys who's come the past couple times is the best for sure. He does an excellent job and explains things when I ask any questions. I'd recommend this company to a friend or neighbor.

Terminix most recently sprayed for mosquitoes outside of my house. It's a usual service call and usually, the technician calls me the day before to let me know when he's coming. He's very professional and since their service, I seem not have experienced any mosquitoes on the outside. Their service seems to be very reliable. I'm pleased that if I have a problem, I can call them and get additional spraying. So, I'm very satisfied with the service.

I enjoy having the service. I wished I was informed of different types of treatment for different types of roaches without the feeling of wasted money and time treated without results due to wrong treatment.

Resolution In Progress

We have the Ultimate Protection Package with Terminix, and according to that contract, they are to come out quarterly AND whenever we call them to do so. They were just here three days ago to perform our quarterly service, and everything looked to be effective... until this morning. We have SWARMS - HANDFULS - of stinging insects entering and exiting the wall of our main bathroom. I can hear them inside the bathroom but don't want to get close enough to determine if they're hornets, yellow jackets, or wasps. When I called Terminix, they acknowledged that it was an urgent problem, in need of immediate service, but they are unable to reach their local office. When I asked if they could not reach the office, how would the office know to reach me, they had no answer.

The best they can offer me is that the local Terminix office will call me in 24 hours to let me know if they could come out today or not. Really, they can even call me tomorrow to let me know if they can come out today? Yes, that is the best they can do. Meanwhile I have a horror movie-worthy and ever-growing collection of stinging insects coming into my home in the room where I bathe my two young children. When I threatened to cancel my contract (as they are obviously unable to fulfill their end of the agreement), I was told by "Sara", a customer service MANAGER, that "That's fine. Go ahead." Call my bluff, Terminix!

Recently there were two technicians dispatched on the same day - one interior and another exterior. This particular day it poured down rain. They were both professional and courteous. The interior rep. was concerned about tracking my hardwood floors and kept apologizing for walking back and forth. I appreciated his concern and was sure to tell both to be careful during the storm. This is just one of the caring experiences I have enjoyed over the years of service with Terminix.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.
  • Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.
  • Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.
  • Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.
  • Customer service : The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.
  • Best for Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Terminix Company Profile