2. Homeowners

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5
Get Pricing

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests they need to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

BOTTOM LINE

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

PROS

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Satisfaction guarantee

CONS

• Not nationwide
  • No specific pricing

Top Terminix Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens… and wiped it out quickly… We are very pleased with this service.

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. They are #1 in my book! Thank you Terminix.

Call Now Toll Free

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?
Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.
What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?
Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.
Is Terminix safe for pets?
Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.
How much does Terminix cost for mice?
It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.
Does Terminix have a payment plan?
For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: July 12, 2020

Imagine the most stressful move, when relocating to a different community. Besides the normal stress, we had our buyer's termite inspection submitted to us with some gray areas. Enough so, that their lender needed clarification. I spoke with 5 different Terminix managers and sr. technicians, no one could help, seemingly. I was finally directed to Ashley ** in the Phoenix area, (maybe Tucson) she made things happen. She got a tech out the next day, a treatment completed, a subsequent wdiir generated, and it was enough to satisfy the VA buyer's lender. She thought out of the box apparently, she should be congratulated and thanked abundantly. She did what others apparently couldn't, she fixed the issue.

A huge shout out to Ashley ** in AZ, she went the distance that none of her associates did. She followed up and communicated even after the appointments the next day had been made. Her professionalism and diligence exceeded what the norms seem to be today, I hope that her superiors read this and take not on how blessed they are to have her on their team. Thanks Ashley, you are incredible. Michael **, Phoenix, Arizona

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now. We changed from another provider when we moved, and are more satisfied. The inspector never fails to call us before he comes out and always leaves a report. When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens (unusual being more than one) and wiped it out quickly. We have never had another problem. I have found the inspectors to be very professional and friendly, and they are great at answering any questions I might have. We are very pleased with this service.

Terminix response

Thank you! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I asked Terminix to provide a quote for my older home. In fact I asked several companies to come and quote. When Jon B. got there he was very friendly and professional. He educated me all along the process. The house had low crawlspace but he put on his jumpsuit and with flashlight in hand crawled under there and made a complete inspection, taking pictures along the way. I felt like he done a great inspection. As a side note, one of the other companies came but the inspector was too big to do the inspection. Another company didn’t show up for their appointment. Jon inspected the interior and then sit down and drew out the house and added his photos. In the end I had a quote and even though the price was a little higher, I went with Terminix mainly due to the excellent service and employee. A year later I am still satisfied with them.

Terminix response

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My house was treated for wood boring beetles starting in 2003 by Terminix. In 2014, an area had to be treated again and wood damage had occurred. Wood Boring inspect damaged is not guaranteed by Terminix which I understood from the original contract. A few months ago, I asked terminix if that damaged needed to be repaired before I could get a clear termite letter when I sale my house in a couple years. Josh ** which I believe to be a supervisor came out to my house and went under there, and looked at the damaged. He gave me very good advice that I should replace the 12 feet of Joist that are showing wood damaged.

He arranged for a company to come and give me a estimate. It was the company they normally used. Terminix handled the contracting of the work, and I paid them. The company that replace the wood did an outstanding job at a very affordable price. I am very pleased with this experienced and especially with working with Josh ** to get it done.

Terminix response

Thank you, Larry. We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Here in Florida, we had termites in our home! We called Terminix because they had rid my parents’ home of termites. When we purchased our next home, before we could get termites, we called Terminix!! We’ve used Terminix for no termites in our homes for over 35 years. Pests in my home? No, not with Terminix controlling the pest control outside of my home. In addition, through the years, technicians call the day before they arrive for service. They ring the doorbell upon arrival, nicely answer all my questions, and ring the doorbell to tell me what they’ve accomplished before they leave. We are very happy with no pests and supportive technicians. Thank you Terminix!

Terminix response

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

Very comforting and easy to work with from start to finish. Evaluator, sprayer & installer extremely helpful & efficient. Called prior to arrival each time. Environmentally concerned, & great follow up.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gail! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed. -Anchee

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I've been a customer for years and have rarely needed to call them. We've got surprise guests now - mice. I called them and left a message. Called back the next day and finally spoke to a representative who told me that I would get a call within 24 hours from Robert **, the service manager, to schedule technician service. It's been 4 days and I haven't heard from them. The mice are still here.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

If I could give a company a zero star rating I would give it to Terminix. I will say that all of the bad comments you’ve read here about their unresponsive customer service and spontaneously switching your pest control appointments without telling you, are ABSOLUTELY TRUE. Every single time I called their customer service line, I was never able to get a live person. I ALWAYS got this automated message saying they were “experiencing longer than expected wait times”, no matter what day of the week or time of day I called them. Half the time, I was able to input my phone number and one of their customer service reps called me back within about 30 minutes. The other half of the time, my call was automatically dumped to a voice mail system where I was told to leave a message, and the customer service rep called me back – 24 hours later.

My miserable experience with Terminix began about a month ago. One Saturday afternoon, one of their sales reps came to my house saying they were offering a special on pest control for our neighborhood. I had been thinking about getting a pest control company to come out and spray my kitchen for ants. Every summer we get a few ants in the kitchen, but this summer they’ve been especially invasive. So I signed the contract with Terminix and paid them upfront. They told me the exterminator would be there that Thursday at 8:30.

That Thursday, a guy named Randy showed up at exactly 8:30. He asked me to show him exactly where I had seen the ants. I showed him the three spots in my kitchen where I had seen the ants, and he sprayed in those three spots and nowhere else, and then left. He was there for no more than 5 minutes. I thought at the time that didn’t seem to be a very thorough job, but I’m not an exterminator. Three days later we started seeing ants again, first in new places we never saw them before (like the living room by the fireplace and in front of the garage door), then the old places where we used to see them all the time (the places Randy sprayed by the way). Not only did the spraying not get rid of the ants, it made them even worse.

So I called the customer service line Saturday morning, left my number and they called me back a half hour later. I explained my problem, and they the earliest they could send Randy back out to respray on Thursday the 20th at 8:30. I wrote down the date and time and told them that was fine. Thursday came and went and nobody showed up all day. I called the customer service line back, left my number, and when the customer service rep called me back, she told me I had the date wrong and my service date was not the 20th at 8:30, it was Tuesday the 25th at 8:30 – which is not what they told me and not what I wrote down when I called them.

On Tuesday morning I’m waiting around for the exterminator to show up and 8:30 comes and nobody shows up. So I wait and wait, and at 9:30, I have to leave to go to work. At 10:10 I get a call from Randy who tells me that he’s outside my house to spray for cockroaches (cockroaches?) and nobody is answering the door. I tell him I had to leave and go to work and couldn’t wait around for him any longer, and I was expecting him almost two hours ago. First, he tells me he is late because he had to go pick up a part for his truck and somebody from Terminix should have called me to tell me he was running late – nobody called me. Then he changes his story, and tells me that all appointments are two hour windows, so my appointment was really 8:30-10:30, therefore he really isn’t late at all since it’s only 10:10. Nobody told me anything about a two hour window when I called the customer service line. If they had, I would have tried to schedule a weekend appointment.

So I angrily call the customer service line again, only this time I get booted to the voice mail system. I leave a message telling them I want to cancel my contract, but first I want what I paid them for and they need to send somebody to spray my house for ants, properly this time. EXACTLY 24 HOURS LATER, the customer service rep calls me back the next day, and says they’ll cancel my contract, and will send Randy out on Saturday the 29th between 8:30 and 10:30. I tell her I don’t want Randy to do it, since he did such a poor job spraying the first time. The rep tells me they can send a guy named Dave instead, and he’ll be there from 8:30-10:30.

So that Saturday comes and goes and nobody shows up all day. I haven’t called Terminix back since then, but if I did I get the feeling they’re not going to call me back this time. Since they’re not getting any more money out of me, I’m sure they don’t feel the need to make sure I’m satisfied at this point. The problem is that they’re acting in bad faith and not upholding their end of our agreement – to kill the ants in my house and make sure they stay away for more than 3 days.

I ultimately decided to wash my hands of Terminix and get APS (the pest control company that does our termite bond) to come and spray for ants. They charge about the same as Terminix, but they actually answer the phone when you call them, and their tech showed up early and spent about 45 minutes treating the house. My guess is that we don’t see any more ants after that. My advice for anyone looking for pest control services - find a local company and stay away from these giant franchise type places like Terminix.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I bought a house in Feb 2019 that had a Terminix termite bond for many years. The previous owner gave me the paperwork and a bill that was due March 2019. I called the 800# changed my name on the account and mailed a check on March 1 for $399 which they cashed in mid-March but come to find out now that I'm chasing a renewal that they had cancelled the contract in Feb 2019, just didn't bother to tell me and still cashed the check. Talked to the previous owner and he didn't cancel, neither did I. 800# says local office cancelled but can't say why? Now I've been holding over 30 mins to get my $399 back which is all they say they can do for me. I wanted to renew the bond without a penalty since it's their fault! But they aren't giving me that option with no explanation! They suck.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Had a major ant problem in the house. No more ants! The ants came in hundreds in the kitchen, bathroom, basement and living room. The specialists are knowledgeable, professional, courteous, and in this quarantine time, always come protected.

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville