4.2(12,437)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee
Cons
  • Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Featured Reviews

Verified
Rockville, MD

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens...

Verified
West Babylon, NY

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. The...

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix is available by phone 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?

Terminix is owned by Rentokil Initial, a company that provides both pest control and commercial hygiene services. Rentokil Initial is based in the United Kingdom and operates in over 90 countries.

What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?

Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.

Is Terminix safe for pets?

Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.

How much does Terminix cost for mice?

It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.

Does Terminix have a payment plan?

For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Over 10k reviews since 2012

Stars Rating

• 64%
  • 17%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 14%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2024

My experience with Terminix has been good. I've been a long time customer with them, and I've had the same person doing the work almost all the time. Scheduling our service has been sometimes difficult because apparently, they schedule it on the internet, and I don't check the internet. I don't get an email. I don't get anything. Then somebody may call and say, “We're coming tomorrow,” and they know that I don't check their website to see and I don't get an email. So, that's been a little difficult sometimes because it's not convenient for them to come. My long term technician has always called me a couple of days in advance to let me know, and that was always helpful. We have a business account and a personal account, and it's been more difficult with the business account.

My technician comes and sprays, and we chit-chat a little bit because I've known him so long. And if I can't do it that day, he'll make arrangements to spray the outside on the scheduled day, and then I will call him where he can come and spray the inside and when I will be here, so he's really accommodating. I was trying to get rid of roaches mainly, and I now don't have any. The spraying works. Back in the last year, my regular guy I've used for 40 years wasn’t able to come, and they gave us another guy to spray the house. What happened was he came in with a spray can. The other guy always had a little pump sprayer, and he would spray all around the house. I told this temporary guy, “Look. If that's what you're gonna use, I don’t want you to spray it.” He said, “Well, that's what they tell us to use.” But he left the house and came back a few minutes later with a pump sprayer and sprayed that way. That was what I wanted.

Pinned

William, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2024

I reached out to Terminix because I needed a different system and group to get rid of a mice problem. I've had to call them to come out and the most recent time, I had messaged the tech to come out and get one that was in a trap. It's caught a couple. I had told the guy that I knew there was at least four because we had seen three and I heard of four. So, I knew there was at least four and I don't think he believed me because he didn't wanna put a trap one spot where I told him I had seen them and my son had seen them. He finally did. The first time there was one that got caught, I messaged him. He said he'd try to make it out. I messaged him again and said, "There's another. I need you to come out." He told me he wasn't sure if he'd be able to come out, but he did. Then the next time I called him, I said, "Hey, I have more." He came back out and he said, "I can't believe you have still more." I said, "I told you there was at least four."

Scheduling that service was frustrating. When I signed up, they gave me their numbers and said to call them whenever, and they would get somebody out within 24 hours with no problem. But all the times that I've asked for them to come out, it's been a hassle. It's been, "I think I can come. I'll see what I can do" or the supervisor guy didn't even answer. Then I reached out to the guy who's supposed to come to my house, and he told me that he wasn't working that day. He'd come the next day. I was like, "Okay, fine. I'm not touching it because it's poison. I'm just gonna take my kids away from it."

Then he didn't call. He didn't show up. I was like, "Hey, just checking. Are you still coming today?" He said, "Oh, my work truck broke down. I'll be there tomorrow." So, that was 48 hours and my husband ended up taking care of it. I told him, "You gotta get rid of this. This is ridiculous." I think the mice are gone. I just wish that the tech would have listened to me more from the beginning. I might not know how to get rid of them, but I knew what I was seeing. It was frustrating to be told that it could be this but probably not.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2024

The major issue that I usually have is ants once it starts to get warm. There are areas outside the house that, thank goodness, Terminix treats for because then I can keep them out of the house. They do treat for spiders indoor if I'm having a problem with them and I can let the technician know if there are any bugs that are out of the ordinary. The tech, Vance, is so helpful. He knows what things are so he can do the proper treatment. He would tell me to call him if I see pest activities again and he lets me know if the spray that he uses will treat and create a barrier to keep whatever I might see out of the house. If for some reason there's a conflict and the inside of the house needs to be treated but I won't be home or somebody can't be here, then he changes the schedule to come on a different day, date, and time.

Most recently, I had a maintenance and treatment that Terminix does for outdoors and areas of concern. Vance told me the month that I'll be due again and to let him know ahead of time if there were any issues or if anything came up in between. If he was not the technician doing the work and providing the service, I would seriously consider going someplace else because my mother and my dog are familiar with him. There's a certain amount of trust you have to have with a person if they're coming in your house if you might not be there. But the nice thing is that Terminix has consistent service representatives that regularly come out. That's an asset when you're looking for pest control service, because then you know exactly who to contact when there is an issue and they've always been very quick to respond if, for some reason, there was something that’s pest-related that needed to be dealt with.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

Terminix has been my exterminator for years. They've gone up too much with their price for the service as long as I've been with them. They had to come and test to see if the bedbugs were still there and treat it. It was a nightmare that I would not wish on my worst enemy. It was hell and it cost me a lot of money because I threw away everything. The guys that came out were excellent. Did not like the guy that came out the first time to give me the quote. He was pompous. But that was all great and it took a lot of effort on their part to get rid of the sucker. They did a good job. They did everything they said they would. Sundar has always been great. He would call me first and let me know he's on his way. He would call me the day before and the day he's coming. My problem was the whole way they do appointments. That was the most screwed-up system I've seen in my life.

Terminix does not call back. And when they do, they act snippy. I thought I was talking to a guy that was in the Terminix office here in Atlanta and he made an appointment for me. But he didn't put it in the system. It was a screw-up and it took forever to get the techs to call me before they came. Because my house is big and I live in the back part of my bedroom. So, when somebody knocks on the front door out there, I wouldn't hear it. I had to call the 800 number and that didn't get me to somebody in Atlanta. I would think that's who would control appointments. Call this 800 number, it's Terminix. But it was always somebody working offshore.

I called several times and would talk to them. But the guy that came out that first day to confirm I had bed bugs and Sundar, the quarterly guy, the one that told me, I told them some kind of little black bug keeps attacking me and I showed him my arms were eaten up. And he said, "Good Lord." He came back, looked in the bed and said, "Yeah, it's bed bugs."

He said, "Anything you want. Here's my card. Here's my cell number." I had a question the next day after I signed the contract and I called and left a couple of messages. He never called me back once. In January, I'm gonna find out what my contract is with them for quarterly and I'm thinking about changing after all these years. I hate it. Because Sundar does such a good job. But if Sundar didn't call and tell me when he's coming, I wouldn't know. Nobody in appointments calls and says, "Hey, it's time for Sundar to come to do your quarterly." It has been many times for me.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2023

We've had a lot of different things that Terminix has been able to deal with. We have mice in the attic and the shed, ladybugs in the house, and a raccoon in the attic at one point. We've got other issues around the house too, including boxelder bugs and ants. On the outside of the house, we used to have boxelder trees. They've been since taken out, but there must be a boxelder nest somewhere and we haven't located it. They like to accumulate on the front of my house, so Terminix sprays pesticide on the outside of the house to keep things from getting inside. That barrier helps a lot.

My house is partially wood. There is some brick, but there's a lot of wood. We were concerned about that as well, so we have a service for not only the pests, but also the termites. Terminix comes out once a year to inspect, and as long as there are no termites, I keep paying. No termites is great, but the way that they pay the claims is a lot different than insurance. We're hopeful that we never have the issue, but I feel comforted knowing that if we do have an issue, we have that additional coverage with Terminix as well.

The service has gotten a lot more expensive in the last few years, but the technician comes out once every three months, and we're really happy with the service. If we've got an issue, we can call him in between and he'll come out, and there's no additional charge. We love the technician that comes out here. He's very knowledgeable on all the different things that we've approached him with. We've had the same technician for a long time, and that also has an impact on our staying with the service.

Pinned

Hi Carol, I am so happy to about your experience. Please do not hesitate to reach back out when in need! Thank you for being such a loyal customer.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 6, 2024

Terminix of Chattanooga is the worst. No calls. No shows. Wrong techs. No consistent follow-up. We have been trying for 3 weeks to get a repair tech. Got anything and everyone except that. And meanwhile, the rodents are doing serious damage. They have known for 3 months the encapsulated space had been breached.

Resolution In Progress

Reviewed July 6, 2024

In 2019, I had a problem with termites and even after the major treatment of my floor, they still ate it. Terminix picked up the tab for my floor. Then, I had squirrels living in a part of my roof and they came out and sealed it. They had to book a lift and everything to get the job done. But then we had a major windstorm and right below where they were working, I got some leakage and there's a big stain on the ceiling in my upstairs bathroom. They came and looked at it but nothing's come of it so far. But it was likely due to the winds after the job was done.

Reviewed July 4, 2024

Terminix came and inspected to see for termites. It was an annual thing that they do. They said there were no termites. I've been with Terminix ever since I had my house built over 20 years ago. Most of the time, they're getting ahold of me about coming out to do it.

Staff

Reviewed July 4, 2024

When our Terminix guy came by last month, he walked around and did a good job. He's been here before, so he knew exactly what to do. But since he'd been out, the spiders are all happy again and all the bugs are out. Also, we scheduled an under-the-house inspection but that kept falling through. And now that we're moving, I don't know if we're going to even bother with it because our time may be up. Other than that, we've had Terminix for years and we were satisfied. We'll probably sign up with them for the new place.

Price

Reviewed July 4, 2024

We've been with Terminix for at least 10 years, and we have the same guy that comes out, Buford. He came and sprayed outside my house a couple days ago. Ants inside my kitchen usually show up every early summer, late spring. I call Terminix and let them know. They show up and spray, and the ants are gone. I wish the service was a little bit cheaper but they keep the bugs out and critters away.

Terminix Company Information