4.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 2,014 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

6918 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

We are ways pleased with Terminix. Jeff does a thorough job every time he visits us. He battles all the bugs that come with living around trees and keeps them at bay. He is someone we know we can trust, using products that work in our situation.

Thank you for allowing us to keep your home pest free.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

The service is fast and the technicians are always polite. Any problems or concerns and they take care of it quickly no waiting. Would recommend them to others for service. I also like how there is no smell afterwards. Very happy with my service at this time.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We had Terminix for a treatment at my rental house because the person who live there said that she saw roaches and bumblebees in the patio. When I scheduled the service, the people I talked to were nice. And when the technicians came, my tenant said that they were good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I've got a service with Terminix for nine years now and they had an inspection out here recently. I had the same technician for a while but not lately. They were both pleasant but the new one is better than the previous one I had. I give them a call when I need to schedule a service and they normally give me a heads up a day before they're coming. Then they come when they're supposed to. It's been a good experience so far.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have used Terminix for a very long time, and I'm very happy with them. They have great prices, too. I used to live in Virginia where I used Terminix and my experience was great. I live in Florida now, and I wanted to use them again because I really like them and I had some ant problems when I first moved in, so I called them. But unfortunately, I'm renting now and the management company doesn't want to use them for the termites, but I'm still using them for my pest control like for ants and things like that.

The guy who comes out, Alex, is very informative, kind and thorough. I had to call him three times because I kept seeing the ants and I just wanted to make sure that he did all that he could. And he was here within the next day every time. And he was also very good about making sure he didn't put stuff on the ground for the dogs. I have two dogs, so he was very careful to let me make sure the dogs don’t go into that area. And he was very quick, and he didn't stay and linger. He even let me know to give him a call whenever I needed him and he could come out. I was seeing ants in the bathroom and in the kitchen, and I haven't seen them in the past two weeks, so he's definitely done a good job and I'm really happy. There are pests everywhere in Florida and I live in a very "foresty" area, so it's nice not to have to worry about that.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I was very impressed by the prompt and courteous service I received. They were willing to work with me to determine a schedule date for their visit and were within minutes of the time frame we selected! Service provider was friendly, thorough, and professional!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Terminix had some work done a couple of years ago and a guy came out here recently to check if everything's okay. I have a quarterly service with them for five years now though I'd like to do it every four months rather than every three months. But so far, everyone has been nice. They schedule the service and tell me about it beforehand. The reps I spoke to have all been good and to a certain extent, they explained to be what they're spraying for. But after so many years, I just look at things and they spray around. I'm sure that they know what they're doing. I hope they do. I also had a little rat problem, but they seem to have gotten rid of that, and I haven't seen any pest since I had their service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Terminix is a very good company and they do a very good job for me. I love them. I've been using Terminix for three to four years now and I liked the technician they assigned to me. He did a much more thorough job than the company I had previous to them. But they've put me on a regular rotation and it seems they keep changing the date on me all the time. I have to go back into their website and correct their dates. They move the day around to make it more convenient for the technician.

Now, they're in a mode where they don't assign me the technician that I want, so I have to ask for him. I do it on the website and it's not difficult. They try to get the tech I want but they don't and I usually wind up getting a different one. That means that I have to follow the technician around the yard to make sure he does everything that I want done, which I don't like. They're all thorough but I monitor them to make sure that they do get everything done. We have a lot of varmints and scorpions, and they've kept the scorpions much under control with the service we’re getting. I would recommend Terminix.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I’ve only been a customer for a short time, but Terminix is wonderful and our technician is very knowledgeable about EVERYTHING regarding pests/insects. We live on 10 acres with lots of Oak trees and have so many bugs on our property. We were battling ants in the summer time and they were able to get rid of them very quickly. We also signed up for Termite protection and have had no issues. Highly recommended, the technicians are knowledgeable and friendly.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've had Terminix as our pest control service for six months now and I'm happy with the experience. The techs do as I say. A tech came and sprayed the house and it was fine. The job is done and the pest activity stopped so there are no more ants.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

When I first signed up with Terminix, I tried to get the termite treatment. I live in a town housing so the houses are close to each other and they didn't want to do it. Then, when my neighbors got termites, I called Terminix to go and inspect it. The rep went out there and he told me about it. I said, "I tried signing up for it but they told me I couldn't." So I got on the plan and everything's fine after that. Terminix normally emails us and let us know when they’re going to go out. Their tech's pretty good. I live in Arizona and in the summer we get a lot of scorpions and black widows. There are lesser scorpions but I'm still seeing some black widows and when the guy goes out here, he knocks down all the webs in the back and it's fine.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Brenda ** is my exterminator. She is absolutely wonderful, she goes above & beyond to get my house taken care of. Make sure that I don't have bugs coming in my house or garage. She takes care of everything!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

After three attempts at a free inspection to diagnose a pest problem I decided to go with a competitor for a discounted rate. I had a no call no show for the first appointment. The second time an inspector misdiagnosed the problem. Then for the third inspection the person called the wrong number and never showed up. Worried that if the inspection is this challenging treatment will be a nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I’ve been in this house for about 40 years and Terminix has done a very, very good service. I’m a woodworker and I have a lot of lumber pile under in one corner of the house. 28 years ago, I got termites in the lumber which was put down on the ceiling of the garage, right against the concrete. The technician found it and sprayed it real good. The inspector who I had in the last annual inspection was very, very helpful and very nice. He gave me some pointers and we discussed my lumber and what I had planned. I told him I'd call him when I got it done. I did and he said it was fine. The last two technicians they sent out were exceptionally good. I asked them to inspect what I'd done and they did. They told me I was doing exactly right and gave me a couple other pointers. One time I thought about leaving and thought I might get a better price. However, I decided to stay and I'm well pleased. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Terminix has very good reps. Scheduling has been the change that I needed, therefore I’m very comfortable with it. The techs do inside and outside, spray and clean things up a bit as well as take care of the ant hills. They’ve been very effective. I have had no pest activity since their service aside from a fly getting through the screen door, which I take care of with a swatter. Everything was fine and everything else is in normal operation.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had previously used another service and we weren't getting our issue resolved. I looked up Terminix and they had a guarantee, so I wanted to try them and see how good they were. It's been two years since Terminix came out to solve our initial problem about mice. I scheduled with them online and navigating through their website was easy. They came in and nipped the problem in the bud quickly. The technicians were very thorough and they found several places outside that they were able to seal up which was very good. Since then, I haven't seen any mouse inside the house. I was really happy with their service.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I've had quarterly service with Terminix for some ants. It's preventive since it was a brand-new home and the surrounding homes were starting to place their yards in. There was a lot of digging up and we wanted to make sure that nothing would overflow to us. And prior to that, we had spiders and we had been experiencing a lot of ants coming in, but Terminix took care of it very well. Their visits were pre-scheduled and they just call as a reminder when they’re coming out, so it’s very convenient.

Also, their latest visit was great because I got schooled a little. The technician put in a pipe thing in the pantry for the ants and explained that process. He knew what he was talking about. It was a really thorough visit, both by placing all the pesticides and the materials needed to explain how they work. I was very pleased and I learned something. It was interesting and made sense for somebody like me who didn’t know the history of ants and what they do or don’t do. Terminix has been proven to be a great service and very effective all the way around. Their pricing is great, and with the expertise of the technician who came out, I was very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

It’s my first time to be with Terminix, and I’ve been with them for over 30 days. I already paid in advance for the first quarter and it’s a quarterly schedule. The reps and technicians were very nice. They went above and beyond when it came to treating the initial treatment. The pest activity was good at first, however we have some spiders coming back into the garage now. Everything’s good so far except for the part where they haven't followed up with me and that I have to follow up with them instead. I’m not a 100% satisfied but it's still a good job.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The whole experience with Terminix was great including the scheduling of service. I contacted them by phone and the rep told me that she would get somebody out to give an estimate. A rep came and he was nice. He looked at everything and we scheduled my appointment for the visit. They did everything that they said they would do and they came at the time they said they were going to come. Also, they were clean and professional and I haven’t seen a roach since.I already recommended them to another friend.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought a house and we had a lot of critter problems. The raccoons decided to break into my house and live in it. We could hear them and they sounded like demons but it turned out that they were just little raccoons. We got them out, but fleas were jumping up to our knees in the basement, so we had Terminix come out to rid us of them and I’ve never vacuumed so much my whole life. One time, I scheduled online and somebody called back. The tech guy came at the beginning of September, sprayed and gave me his business card. I called his business card and he came on a Saturday, which is great. I had to get outside the house for four hours.

Before the 30 days was up, at the very end of September, we were still seeing a few fleas, so the tech came back at no charge. He was very knowledgeable, super nice and awesome. We were going to sign up for a program but he said if I cancel it early, that would take money at his pocket and I promised I’m going to cancel it early, so I’m not on a program. Terminix was the cheapest for what they offered and it worked out well. They were quick and accommodating.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had Terminix come out for bed bugs and so far, the experience has been okay. There was a mix up with scheduling my service. They said that the schedule was changed. However, they still showed up. The scheduling was a little bit off. Their techs were all very nice and professional. They told me exactly what was going on and I knew what to expect. Plus, they gave me a lot of information that made me feel comfortable. I would recommend Terminix.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Terminix visits us quarterly. They contacted us via e-mail about the appointment date and we approve it. They also call us before they come. Their technician did an adequate job and I had some disappointment but I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I just got with Terminix on August 29th of this year, and they've been good. They already came out twice and checked the inside of the house and they said all the termites were gone. They say I have a contract but I didn't sign one with them, so I'm going to clear it up. I had a one-time signing. Also, their tech threw away some stuff that didn't have to be thrown away, but, other than that, they seem like nice people.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The appointments have been made for me and if I need more service or an extra spray around the house, I’d call. Sometimes I’ll call the customer service line. But the most helpful is when I just call the number on my technician's business card and leave him a message on his cell phone, and he’ll come out. I don’t even have to talk to him. I just call him and say I need an extra spray around the house, and he’ll do what he does and leave me a message if I don’t answer my phone, saying he’ll come around. And he sprays around the house. He’s been doing it for a year or so and I know him pretty well now. It’s always been good. He’s always friendly and always helps me out. He’s a good guy and I don’t mind him coming in my house when I’m not there. Terminix is trustworthy.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Gave this company approximately $630.00 for a yearly contract. Received one visit from a "tech" who laid down a couple of mouse glue pads in my garage and walked around the house with a sprayer that looked like Home Defender from Lowe's. I was supposed to get a second appointment in about three month later. Tech never showed but he told Terminix he did, so, they billed me for $159.00. Manager arranged a second visit AGAIN and still no show! Manager did nothing to help - asked for a refund and I am getting nothing but stall tactics. This company is a FRAUD and I am going to take them to court. PLEASE do not waste your money!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

When Terminix did my bed bugs, they said it was guaranteed. They did not do a good job, but I paid them money. I'm looking for a way to get my money back. I’m still with Terminix and I had to pay my renewal but they have done nothing. They came back and put a mattress on top of the dirty bed. I’m still having a problem, but I don’t want them to come back anymore. I can’t afford that kind of money.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Terminix comes periodically and treats our rental as scheduled. They always contact me via email before they come and their technicians are very professional and courteous. I spoke to them when I had the old systems for termites upgraded and when I needed the full treatment, they came and did it. I haven't had any complaints about bugs since working with them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I called Terminix because I had a bad experience with another company. Terminix came out and the sales guy did the initial visit and went over all the services. He was great and to the point. He told me what I needed and what I didn’t need. So, they came out and did the first service. They came out within the next few days and gave me a nice time slot where it worked my schedule. They closed up all the holes around the perimeter. They did that and then they just attacked everything. It was a really good service. I haven’t seen any ants or spiders, and the mice have disappeared. Terminix is quick and responsive.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We had some termite damage and now Terminix comes once a quarter. They call or email me to schedule the service. Normally an inspection would take 10 minutes at the most but on the latest visit, the tech took well over 30 minutes. He was very nice and he looked at everything. It was the best inspection we've ever had. We're happy with Terminix.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Terminix was here for a scheduled visit last time. I had to have one in between because last year, one of my neighbors moved out and there were roaches migrating. I found out about it when I saw roaches outside and talked with the new neighbor. It wasn’t an infestation and Terminix had it eliminated then, but I decided on a getting a plan rather than a one-time treatment.

Their phone operators were pleasant and professional. The techs have been fine as well. With the last one, however, I didn't know what day they were coming. Sometimes my front bell needs to be pressed well or I may not hear it. So the technician might've thought I was not home. There was miscommunication this last go around. It could also be a matter with the Terminix computer. A couple of days before the tech came, the computer dialed my phone and I'm saying, "Hello, hello." And nobody answered. They might had been calling to tell me that the tech was coming. Also, if I get a call from Terminix right now or I call in, they would call me “Rose”, which was the previous owner. It's not a big deal but they may still have her information in there.

Terminix Company Information