2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

4.2/5 (343 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Top Terminix Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens...

Verified

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. The...

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?
Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.
What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?
Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.
Is Terminix safe for pets?
Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.
How much does Terminix cost for mice?
It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.
Does Terminix have a payment plan?
For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

We have Terminix scheduled to come four times a year. They're very friendly and thorough. We had them also do some insulation and getting rid of some bugs in the attic and they did a beautiful job. They did the complete cleaning. We live in a house that is 250 years old, so there's a part of the attic that was not properly insulated in the north wing of the house. So, we had them go up and clean it out, sanitize it, spray, and insulate. We're very pleased with what they did. We continue to keep them as long as they do the job.

We have not had the spiders. We still get wasps and ladybugs, so we have to have someone come. They came out and took care of the wasps. That was before we had the attic done. But we have an invasion of ladybugs once a year. Everybody in the Northeast has some. And nothing seems to get rid of them. They live in the walls, and they come out when it’s very hot, except some of them come inside. So, I can vacuum and 20 minutes later, I need to vacuum them up again. It’s a nuisance. But it's only for a certain time of the year. We have mice, which Terminix has given us stuff to deal with that. The ant stuff, they give us when we do get ants. And they have given us certain products to put around that is safe for the pets. And they seemed to work.

Last year was the only that we didn't have any luck with anything no matter what we put. It was just one of those years. But mostly, the house being so old, we need to have the house sprayed for termites. And the house is still standing. So, it must be doing a good job. I'd recommend Terminix to a friend because they are accessible. They get back to me right away. They do a good job, thorough, don't destroy anything in the garden and very old-fashioned good manners.

Terminix response

Thank you, Antonia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I've been a Terminix customer for 30 years and the quarterly technicians have mostly been great. I really like the ones right now. My home Terminix person calls me, comes, does her job, and always asks me if I need anything extra. She seems thorough and has been consistent. It seems like I had a lot of different people for a while that it's so much better when it's consistent.

The quarterly visits seem to be working well. We live out in the country and we have mega amounts of pests that they have under control now. We had added on to our house and we're having stinging scorpions all over the place for a while. Terminix came back and re-treated and helped us get to the point where we could live here without running into scorpions. We also have a commercial account and at this time, it's working fine too. There have been problems over time, but this particular technician calls and we set a time because we don't live at our shop. Through this year, we've only been there one day a week. That's been good that he knows to call.

I stopped the annual termite inspection because that guy kept saying he had been there and he never met me. He did the last one but by then, I was through with them. I didn't think it was thorough. The annual inspections are certainly not very thorough compared to what they used to be when they came and looked at different things. Now, they just kind of walk around and say, "Yeah, it's fine." It has offended my sensibilities to be charged that much money and have that little time or the couple of times when I think they didn't even come at all, or they drove by the house and couldn't get in.

Terminix response

Thank you, Natachia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 14, 2021

I got bids from a few, and Terminix was similar price range but has the name brand recognition. So I went ahead with them because it wasn't different cost-wise. I scheduled an appointment on the online portal, which Terminix cancelled and never filled. But the time before that, we had somebody come out and spray. She looked around the property, did some spraying inside. They asked me what I wanted to have sprayed. And then it was rainy that day so she said she would do the outside, but it probably would not be super effective. We chatted a bit. And that was pretty much it. It seemed good.

I've used Terminix at two addresses. And somebody named Michael is the one who would usually spray it the other one. He seems great and would always text ahead. He's also the one who did the carpenter ant extermination on a dead tree that we had. And that was effective. So I felt good about that. Tammy is who we have worked with at the most recent house, and we have only had her come out the once so far, but she seems good. Just less experienced. And then all of the inspectors who have come to check for termites always seemed very knowledgeable. They have all mentioned the understaffing problems, and with the last time getting canceled without explanation, we're a little worried about the maintaining of it. But I've been very satisfied with the services we had.

Terminix response

Thank you, Ari! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The trouble I have that Terminix is taking care of is ants. They have traps inside and they also do an outside thing. Our most recent experience was in December. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the technicians only did the outside thing and didn't come inside to check the traps. They said it was because of COVID. I started seeing ants inside after the technicians had been out. They sent somebody else out again because the first guy refused to come in. The second guy came out and he did a really thorough thing. He told me the first guy shouldn't have refused to come in.

Every time Terminix calls me to tell me that the next appointment is whenever, they would say the technicians are doing it outside and I don't have to be here. I keep telling them it’s supposed to be on the inside too. They would supposedly do something and tell the people who are coming that they're supposed to come inside too, but the people get here and they refuse to come inside. There's a disconnect.

This past time, it wasn't such a big deal. The ants were pretty much gone at that point because of the winter. But the next schedule that’s coming up is in March and the technicians really need to come in and check the traps to make sure that there is food, bait, and everything like that in it. That aside, Terminix has helped me get rid of the problem so I'm somewhat satisfied. Before COVID, they were doing really well coming inside, checking everything, and making sure.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Deidre! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Our technician is a friendly, cool and laid-back guy. We have a good time talking every time he comes out and he always gives us exactly what we need. He told us how we can work with them to get rid of our main problem, which are rats. He had a guy come out already and told us what it will cost to get the house sealed off and let us know there's a 100% guarantee of getting rid of them. So, as soon as I get that money, it’s gonna happen quick. Everything else has been taken care of just fine, so I’m confident with Terminix. Everything that’s being used is working and everything's under control. There haven’t been any bug issues. I'm satisfied as I can be with the service. I usually use the website to schedule a follow-up but I’ve got my technician’s personal number. I could call him and I’ve got him on my Xbox friend list, too. I could ask him if he could make it out.

I was looking at the pricing options for getting the house sealed off so that we could take care of the rat option, and we don't have credit. So, I would suggest allowing a customer who already makes quarterly payments to add a little bit to that payment so that service can be done and it could pay off over time. We’ve been customers for two years and faithfully making our payments. Even if it’s a little late, we let them know. And Terminix has been understanding about most things. So, they could probably take that extra step too because that’s more money in their pocket and more that the customer can be satisfied with. Terminix is great and does the job. Our guy straight up lets us know the way we wanna go. They have these stations and he tells us which ones work best. He doesn’t fool around.

Terminix response

Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your service!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was calling Terminix because I was having some issues, and nobody called me back a couple of times. So, I canceled. They came out for the initial service. Then I had seen some spiders and some other things that I didn't recognize. I had called around midnight and they said, “The representative will call you back the next day. He can come out the following day.” But he would call me and schedule and nobody called. I called a couple of days after that. They said they would give them the message and have someone call me back. Nobody called me back. The initial service was good, but the follow up sucked.

Terminix response

Carlea, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Have trouble with ants and always look forward to a visit from their techs. Very effective, professional and friendly. Always recommend them to my friends and family. This is a great company with effective products.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Donald! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We've been using Terminix for years and they're dependable. They come and we have them spray for the pest control every three months. Then we have the termite inspection done once a year. Our tech is retiring by the end of this year and I don't know how it'll be after he leaves. He’d be here every three months like he said and he sprayed pretty thoroughly. We have a storage room that he sprays in, too. He does a good jo and I'm sure when we get somebody new they'll do a great job, too.

Terminix response

Thank you, Kay! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Technicians come out to service for rodents and pests every once in a while and they are quite professional. Sometimes we see some pests fairly frequently. When this happens, we call back and ask for somebody to come back out again. I'm on Hawaii Island and I always receive Terminix emails for all sorts of information stating the services they offer. For instance, there was gutter cleaning. But when I called Terminix about that extra service, they said it was not available on the island. Terminix offers nationwide service but it sounds like there's a much narrower suite of services available here. Other than that, everything else is fine.

Terminix response

Thank you, John! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Terminix came by pretty much a little early, and did what they needed to do and left. We had some ants going on in the kitchen. So, they came in and took care of the ants. So far, so good. We have them out every other month as the standard routine, but with our service plan, if we see something, they come out at no additional charge as part of the package. I’m very satisfied. The technician does a great job and knows what he’s doing.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gillis! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville