toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

These people are the best from the office staff to the techs. They are prompt and know their stuff. Very helpful. They noticed a frozen pipe leak while they were doing their regular service. We were out of town and they left us a message. Since it was on the side of the house, who knows how long it would have taken us to see it. They saved us a big problem and a big bill.

Terminix has always been professional. They always tell me of the service ahead of time so I'm never surprised. Our usual technician, Manny, is fabulous. He is the best. The technician before him was also magnificent.

Your service and your staff are excellent. You come timely if I see any little creatures (ants) in my home. I love Terminix!

Resolution In Progress

I have been trying to get my house treated for termites for a month now. Before I had a termite contract, they told me I needed to take care of the issue immediately. Now that I have a contract, they act like it's not that serious. I keep calling making appointments. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't and they don't call to cancel. If I did not have a contract, I would use another pest control service especially since they treated my house before less than 4 years ago. I was going to get another contract for another property and have my mom's house treated but after this, I'm looking for another company.

I used to live out in the woods. I didn't like bugs and rodents so I signed up with Terminix for preventative measures. When we moved to the city, we still used Terminix and had the same technician that comes out. I've known him for years because I've been with Terminix for so long. I'm comfortable with him and I trust what he says. If he says I need to do this, then I do it. I didn't have rats but he told me rats could get in so I had to fix what needed to be fixed. He always gives helpful information and I love it. He's awesome.

As for the service schedule, I can set and change my appointment and time online. Now it showed me if I change my time I might get a different guy which was what happened the last time. I then called Terminix and requested my regular guy. They found out the availability of my regular technician and that's when they scheduled my service with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Terminix came to exterminate my house the other day. I didn't see anybody but the work was clean. The time before that, they were at our house in August for our annual look=over. The guys were very friendly, on time and very efficient. However, sometimes there's a bit of confusion on who's coming when. We've had some of that in the past where three different guys showed up on the same day to do three different things.

Sometimes I get phone calls for certain days then I get an email that says they're going to be there at a different time. Then last time, I thought that the gentleman was coming a couple of weeks ago and I don't know if he ever actually came or not. Then I got another email saying that I was going to have service this past week. So I'm not sure if the last one got cancelled or the guy came or there was a scheduling foul up or what. I was told that someone was coming between seven and nine at a certain day and they didn't end up calling between that time on that day. So I'm thinking that sometimes they're not talking to each other about the schedules. Otherwise, I've been happy with the service. In fact, I recommended them to someone yesterday.

Terminix just came the one time and I was satisfied, but I was disappointed because they didn’t do a re-check. I would have liked to have them come back, and they didn’t. I paid enough that I thought they should come back, and I'd have felt more secure with things if they did.

I’ve had Terminix for several years now. I used to have Clark and they weren’t taking care of things, so I switched. Most of the time, Terminix will come when I need them. Otherwise, they come every three months. Their technicians were good. They were here yesterday and I’ve been telling them about a mouse I caught in the garage so they redid all the stuff for that. They even said they would come get it but, most of the time, I just scoop them up and put them in the garbage bin. Everything has gone better except I still get a mouse in the garage every now and then. I just wish Terminix would come more often than three months.

I get an email from Terminix saying the time that their technician would come out, and if I have an issue, I call the technician directly and he's amazing. He will come out whenever I call if we’ve had a really bad problem, and he’s a super nice guy and very knowledgeable about what he does. We bought a house and it had an ant infestation, but now things have gotten better than before.

I’d seen people up in this area from Terminix, and everybody seemed to be helpful and they don’t seem to be rushed to get the job done. That's why I decided to use them. However, I have been thinking that I may not be able to afford them anymore, and may have to get somebody local to do it for half the price. But they're a good company. I like the fact that they’re professional and they take the time to answer questions to the best that they can.

We had a bee infestation and I called the first name that I found, and it happened to be Terminix. Our technician is a very kind and nice man. We set up a contract and he comes by every other month and sprays for bugs. I’m perfectly satisfied with the service.

Terminix did a termite treatment of the house before and in there, I got a technician, Melanie, and she's been wonderful. I've had her up since 2005 and she's more than just a technician spraying the house. She's been a helping hand. Terminix lets me know when they're coming so I know when to unlock everything and then she locks it up. I've been very pleased with them. My place was full of mice like crazy as well as bugs and ants, and Terminix put them out. They did a good job.

The Terminix guys are very courteous and efficient, and they listen to what I'm telling them. They're very reliable and always here on time. If I need something extra, they just pop right over here. It was very good overall. I've recommended them to many friends.

If I could give negative stars I would. They miss appointments without informing you and DAMAGE PROPERTY without repairing it and it doesn't just happen once. It's happened more than 4 times which wastes our time as someone has to be present during the inspection. We also purchased a warranty from Terminix but it seems that we are still going to be charged for an inspection that is supposed to be covered. And no matter how many times I try to get in contact with someone who can help me resolve my issues, I'm always told that someone "will call me." It's been over a week. I just keep getting passed around and told that my complaint is being sent up the "chain of command." Never will I use this company again. Find a local pest control company and you will be so much better off.

Terminix was great. They came out and diagnosed the problem. The first technician was wonderful. He did servicing and a treatment. He wore the booties in the house and spoke intelligently about what the problem was. However, no one ever came back to look in the house and see if the pest infestation stopped. I assumed it did because pests showed up in a room and I hadn't seen any sign of them since. But I thought Terminix would come in and check that.

Also, they told me I can use them every month and I didn't sign up for it. But I got a call saying they wanted to come by the house and they did. I was not at the house when they came and when I asked what they did, they told me that they did what they needed to do outside the house. I thought they were coming to check inside but they said they gave me another treatment. So, apparently, what they do is they put you on a plan and they come every month and you have to tell them to stop. And I suppose it's a good idea, but I would prefer that they come do what they need to do and come back and check it inside. Then I didn't even realize I had a bill and I was late paying it.

But they were courteous and I suppose I need to tell them whether or not I want them to come back and I'm debating on that. I'd like to know if this is something that I have to keep up every month so that the problem doesn't happen again, or if it's done and they've killed the pests then they've sort of done their thing. My overall experience was positive but there needs to be a little clearer communication. And when they do that, they need to have a small literature about what's the probability for the problem to re-occur.

We've had Terminix for about 20 years, and always had good luck with them. They're good. When we moved, I didn't even think about calling anybody else. They send me an email and let me know when our next service is scheduled, and if I can't do it on that date, I just call and reschedule. Usually, the technician calls me the day before our scheduled service date to remind me that he's coming, and that's nice.

I really liked the technician in the house that we lived in before. We had him for about 10 years, but he was retiring, and then we moved, and I didn't like that we weren't going to have him anymore. However, this other technician, Mike, has been great. We've been here now five years, and he's been wonderful. The same guy comes out every time. He's real conscientious and listens to me. He always tells me that if we see some bugs or pests around the house in between the sprays, then I can always call and they'll come out, but I've never had to do that because we don't have a big problem with pests. He told me, "There's a wasp nest. I got it out, but you might watch for that. If you have a problem, call me." He just came out this week and he’s really easy to work with.

Terminix did a fine job for me and I'd recommend them. I just don't need them anymore. I cancelled my contract with them at least six months ago. I keep getting calls and I got a bill sent Monday saying I owe $200 to extend my contract. So, I called and asked everybody to clear me from their list. Their employees were very nice.

So far, my Terminix experience has worked out well. I currently have a carpenter ant problem and Terminix is coming on Friday to address this hopefully. The company has been very accommodating and I've had fine interaction with the tech that comes to the house.

We have two houses where one's a rent house and the other's our home. The most recent experience we had with Terminix was when we did the pest extermination for scorpions. They're usually bad so the tech did another re-treat of the inside of the house and I've only seen one little tiny scorpion since then. We had ants, too, and they were coming into the house. The technician told us the ants were coming in through the tree branch hanging over the roof, so he advised us to cut the trees back and then he treated the trees. He really knew what he was talking about. Terminix is right on spot, they're there when I call them, and the appointments are good.

The technicians from Terminix were very good. They came out, did their job, and everything was fine. They were very unobtrusive and gave me the information that I needed. They did resolve my pest problems.

Terminix is the best company and their people, who came to my house from the moment I signed up with them, have been wonderful. Everyone has been professional and they listened to every concern I had. They’re an incredible company and I have recommended them to two of my co-workers.

We've had Terminix for years and everything seems to be going well with them. We had found termites at our home several years back and Terminix took care of that. Now they come around regularly and they always call before they come. They also come on the day scheduled and look around to see if everything’s fine, and if it isn't, they take care of what needs to be taken care of. I’m very satisfied with Terminix.

The technician from Terminix came for the 90-day application. He's always friendly and does a good job. I automatically get a notice in the email from Terminix and then I check online for our scheduled service. It seems very effective so far, so I have no problems with it.

We needed a good company because our home owner’s insurance required certain things and we felt that Terminix was the only one who could do that for us. We had rodents and we also wanted to make sure we didn’t have termites, and Terminix has been on cue on everything. We’ve caught rodents and they’re huge! I'd pick up the phone, call Terminix, and they’d send somebody even on an emergency basis. Every time they come out and check for our pest control, they’re very aware of what they’re doing and what they’re looking for. The experience we’ve had with all the people that came to our home has been positive.

Scheduling service was always very easy and quick. We have a gentleman that does our area in here, George, who is awesome. I had to cancel the appointment this week until the next and he said that he'll call me back before midnight, and he did. He’s excellent and very thorough. Then we had the whole house rewired so there were holes everywhere. He was here and I asked him to have some of the extra stuff inside in between some of the walls and he did a wonderful job. We would never switch over to any other because George is awesome. And every time that they do the termite inspection, we get our certificate from them and we’re able to use that certificate to give to our home owner’s insurance.

We’re real happy and we love Terminix, we would never consider going to other companies. It is an expensive service but they do good quality work. We have grandbabies in the house and they make sure that they let me know that they're gonna spray in the room and try to keep the children out there for an average of four to five days. They’re real careful with that. They’re also excellent, even with the dogs. We have three indoor dogs and we contain them in one area when the guys come in. They do their thing and were always courteous about it.

One time Terminix had finished the outdoor service but they wouldn’t leave until I showed up. I was so ashamed that I was late and I knew that they had been here. I told them that they could’ve just left. They said that they wanted to make sure and they took me around everywhere in the exterior to show me where they had sprayed. They're wonderful.

We just moved here, and called Terminix for service. About a month and a half later, my daughter got bit by something. I told them that we'd seen a few spiders and she got bit in her bed during the night by I don't know what so they came back out. The guy that comes is really nice. They were here just yesterday and they called to say they were coming by to spray again. I'd recommend them to people.

Terminix comes quarterly or as needed, and they do a great job. They send me automated phone call reminders the day before the schedule saying someone is gonna be here between such and such time and if I need to change that, I can chat with them directly. It's nice that I know who’s coming and I don’t have to call a 1-800 number every time if there is a scheduling conflict so that works out well.

Additionally, I really like the gentleman who comes out. I appreciate that it's the same person who comes every time. He focuses on our little jungle gym tree house in the backyard because the wasps always love to make nests there. And he knows my dog so I'm more comfortable with him being in my home. He’s also very thoughtful. I will call or text him and he will give me updates on when he's going to be here. And he does a very good job.

I had actually started an account with another pest control company only to find out that Terminix purchased the contract from them. So I didn't have a choice from the beginning. What bothered me the most was the lies. The service tech claimed he came out to service our property when several times he didn't. Customer Service said it was "in his notes." The thing is, I work full-time at home, plus I have two very large dogs that live in the backyard. Either way, he wouldn't have been able to do much. On top of that, no notes were left on the door or in the mailbox to claim service was completed.

I found out my contract was up by the time I realized the tech was consistently lying. So I canceled service. Terminix billed me for the following month... a month where I'd received no service, like the other months in the past. $109 was due. After many phone calls to Customer Service and Billing, it was resolved and the account was closed. Fast forward two years later, Terminix has sent my supposedly resolved account to Collections. If there was ever a chance I would have picked up service with them again, it's gone now. And I hope to warn as many as possible to stay clear of Terminix.

I live on the edges of a woods and Terminix solved all the problems we've had in the past. Insects and rodents getting into the house area were a continuing problem. It's easy to schedule for the service and their technician has been great. However, I got a price increase about a year ago which seemed to be a little bit out of line. In a telephone call to the company, they agreed with me and lowered the price back down to what it was.

I used Terminix's service for general pest control. Scheduling was easy and quick. Their reps have been very helpful while the technicians are friendly and professional. Now my pest problem has gotten better than before and I'm happy with their service.

After waiting five weeks for another company to help me with a bee problem building a hive in my walls, I finally called Terminix and they came out the next day. (They would have come out the same day, but I was at work.) When the tech arrived he was very friendly and very professional, and the first thing he told me was that it wasn't bees at all but wasps and I should stay inside while he treated them. I watched from inside as he took care of the problem and he was completely finished and cleaned up within 30 minutes. I was very impressed with the tech and his company. As soon as my contract with the other company expires I will be Terminix my regular business. Incidentally, had the problem actually turned out to be bees, he was prepared to relocate the hive rather than kill it. That's going the extra mile.

Terminix Company Profile