It's that easy Get a Free Quote
2.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 10, 2019

Terminix does termite and pest for me and I've had good experiences with them. I've used Terminix for four years and when scheduling a service, they would tell me when they're coming. And for the most part, they don't have to come in the house and I don't even have to be here. I would tell them that I don't have any dogs in the yard. The only thing strange that happened was I would get an email message saying that they were coming on such and such date and they wouldn't. So, I got to where when they'd tell me they were gonna be on a certain day, I would wait until a day or so before, and then confirm with them to make sure so that I didn't have stay home when I didn't need to.

I've talked to the man doing the work and he didn't understand because as far as he can tell, we were never scheduled. That happened to me twice. And the last time was six months ago and it hasn't happened since. It wasn't bad enough for me to get angry but it was strange that the system scheduled me and then the schedule changed and then they didn't update me that the schedule changed.

Nevertheless, the technicians have been really good. They were very polite and they made sure that there were no issues. They made sure that I know about the areas to avoid and for how long. They wore booties when they came into the house. They seemed to know what they were doing and they were very responsive to anything. If there's a problem, they'll do something about that. So, I am happy with them. Our home got better after they were here. For some, that's hard to say because the seasons are changing. But what they did when we were having a minor roach problem coming in from outside, they sprayed all around the house outside. And we noticed that after two or three days, it wasn't happening anymore.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Vaughan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

In the 32 years that I've been with Terminix, I've had no problems at all with the technicians. They're very thorough, and their attention to detail and friendliness are terrific. Every one of them, including the current one, Patrick, is fine. He came out for an in-home spraying for insects recently. He also takes care of some mouse poison in my garage and crawl space.

Something happened at the headquarters, however, so the scheduling was taken out of the hands of the technicians. Now scheduling is done automatically from headquarters, so the technicians cannot tailor the timing of the visits in such a way that they know the schedules of the people that they're spraying for. I live alone and if I'm gone during the day, for instance, they won't be able to get into the house. So I either have to change the appointment or my daily schedule, so I'm home to let them in when they come. Then my particular technician makes the phone call the night before he's coming, and I get a notification in email from the company. I put that on my calendar and then my technician calls the night before to just double-check.

Still, another problem is that I get an email that says I will have a call on such and such date, between the hours of such and such. It says, "You do not need to be home for this service. Just please secure any animals." But that is not true, and I have complained about this almost every time I get a service. I need somebody to be here to let the technician into the house because it's not external spraying only. He sprays around the perimeter of the house, but he also comes inside. I've shown this to Patrick every time, and we chuckle about it. The email communications of the company really need some close attention. It is annoying when year after year, you get communication that is not clear about what's gonna happen.

I don't have any complaints about the pest activity in the house, although I have had ants in my kitchen at a certain time of year. Patrick comes and puts out some little traps and that ceases. It's excellent. Last week, I had two mice in my garage, and the automatic door has some little cracks at the edge where they can get in. That's separate from my house, and Patrick put out some chemicals, and I found the dead mouse on the floor a couple of days after he was here. Overall, I would recommend Terminix. The service, the coverage, and the technician who comes to my house are wonderful.

Terminix response

Thank you, William! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I first moved in 2004, we found termites. I used Oregon then. They came out and I had the contract with them at that time. They got rid of the termites but I saw where Terminix said that if I had a contract with them and if they ever found termites after inspecting it the first time, they would pay for the damage to the house. I thought that was great so I changed from Oregon to Terminix a long time ago. I have the pest control and a contract for termites with Terminix.

The last time Terminix was out was for the pest control. They sprayed and they come about every three months. But when I had an appointment for the 27th, they were supposed to be there between 8:00 and 10:00. They sent an email about it. So, I got up really early and at 12 o’clock, they still hadn’t shown up. I called and I went through the automated thing. I said for scheduling and I was told that their schedule to come was in the 28th. Nobody contacted me and told me that.

This was the second time that has happened. It happened a long time ago, the same tech. So, I called and talked to a representative. She was so nice and kind. She said that they had a little trouble with their equipment for scheduling. She went through the whole thing and they were gonna send me a new time. However, I had a doctor’s appointment with the time they were gonna give me. She told me they could come March 13th for a termite inspection that I have once a year. I couldn’t take the date that she offered me and she looked but she didn’t have anything very soon. So, she said she would get with one out of Palestine. She was gonna get with them and have them send me one. So, I'm sure I'll get it very soon. I told her that the next time they schedule me, I'm going to call the day before and see if I'm still on schedule. Despite that, all the employees have been nice.

The technicians who came were all so nice too. I love them. The last one who came was fairly new. He was so nice and I gave him a 5-star. Also, the one before was a female and she was terrific. I'm satisfied with my experience with Terminix. It is a good warranty and I haven't had any more termites. Now, they leave little sticky things for me and most of the ones I see are in the garage. They said they would come out any time I call them, but the sticky thing takes care of it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Wanda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've been living in this house for 15 years now, and when we first moved in, we had a Terminix contract. Over time, however, we discontinued the service. Then we had this crazy ant activity two and a half years ago and it wasn’t just us. Our neighbors were having the same thing as well. I reached out to Terminix again and once they came in, the result was almost immediate. After that, it was subsequent spray and I continued it because it definitely helps alleviate that issue. The ants haven’t come back, so overall, I've been very happy.

I've also had additional mosquito service over the summer months, but you have to manage expectations on that right. They guarantee 100% that they'll eliminate mosquitoes but there's no way that they can guarantee that. They might spray mine, but my neighbors don't spray and their mosquitoes will come into my neighbor. But it has brought down the mosquito population. It's 60% better.

Recently, they came to do the regular service which is part of the quarterly spray. The guy that showed up came on a day when it was kind of snowy. I asked him what really moved him to come that day. I didn't think it would be effective. Two weeks later, however, we had bed bugs and the cold weather helped to pull the insects closer to the warmth of the home. So when they sprayed, it actually had a very good outcome, which it was counter-intuitive to me, but once he explained it, it made sense. He was knowledgeable and quite helpful.

I've been doing Terminix for a couple of years now, and a total of four people have come. It is routinely the same people but they're not exactly the same person every time, like one after the other. I've had a couple of people that have called me on follow up. They wanted to do a bit more aggressively than usual and come and inspect the attic. Even though I've indicated a number of times that I'm not interested, still I've got phones back to back. Nevertheless, the communication with the reps has been good. I like the way that they give notification the day before and then the day that the person is coming in. The send me a text and they notify me. It gives me an opportunity to be able to be home or to reschedule if I wanted them to do some internal work and I'm not available.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Yonathan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Terminix usually calls me when they’re coming out. If I'm having some pest issues, they're out. And most times when they come, I’m not home. But I know because they send me an e-mail and a phone call most of the time. The tech from Terminix called to say he would do the inspection. I told him I had had some problems with some ants so he inspected the inside. That turned out to be really good. He inspected all around to see and he also left me some little ant sticks to put out and told me to how to get rid of them.

He said they don’t spray inside for ants. I only saw ants once. I just had some floors done, and tech said sometimes they’re kinda disturbed, so they come up. About two weeks after I saw the ants the first time, I had seen them again. But the tech checked around to see all the crevices and around with his lighter thing. That was really good because he seemed to have done a thorough job on that.

The technician was excellent. Any question I asked him, he had information. He could answer my questions and especially, if we want information beyond the question I’d ask him. For the most part, I used to be bothered with wasps building their nests around the eaves of my house. I haven’t been bothered with that since I had Terminix. I have both the contract for both the wood termites and the subterranean, so the tech told me the difference between the two and how I could look for signs and tell if there are any problems, then I need to notify them right away. It was good information. The only thing I asked them if they had anything was cheaper price. I'm retired so that is pricey for me. But other than that, I’m satisfied. Everything is great with their service.

Terminix response

Thank you, Cozie! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Justin always texts to let me know when he will be at the house, always texts to let me know when he has finished spraying, and always asks if I need anything else. He makes sure that I'm satisfied with the service. I know that I can count on him to take care of all the spiders and hornets. Thank you, Justin! -- P. H.

Terminix response

Thank you, Patrice! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I have an on-going problem with this company. I always pay them after they complete their service. It makes no difference, they bill me anyway. Sometimes they send 3 bills in the same week, long after they have already been paid. I call and complain and I am told a branch mgr. will call me back. It doesn't happen. What I get is another nasty letter from Terminix stating that if I do not pay, they will contact the credit bureaus to try to damage my credit. I will Never let my family or friends use these people. You have been warned about these guys. If you have a choice, look elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We have used Terminix for our pest control for over 25 years. They come out monthly for our regular service, and if something out of the ordinary comes up (like a yellow jacket nest in the shrubs) they always respond quickly. I believe that over the 25 years we have only had three technicians, so they are long term employees who seem to take an active interest in getting to know their clients. I highly recommend Terminix.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The tech is always on time, calls ahead, very thorough, and he even wears little covers over his shoes whenever he’s inside. Always 5 star service from the tech that services my home. I live in a log home so there is a lot to keep on top of but this is one less thing.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Steve! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

One day the salesperson of Terminix came to my door and explained about their services and promotions. I've signed a papers for a annual service (each quarter). The tech came for service and finished the job within a few minutes; just sprayed! I've shocked. This was not my expectation. I called the company and requested to cancel but they didn't accept. They said they will make better service next time.

During the second service I was not at home, so I didn't see what they did. The tech came for the third service and exactly did same as first one, so I shocked again! I called to Terminix several time for the cancellation; finally they accepted and sent me a confirmation for the last service. However, still I'm receiving every month a statement showing that I'm owing $157.19. I've sent an email several time but no result; they don't understand! So, in order to get rid of Terminix from my life, today I'm paying this amount which I didn't get a service! DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY. DON'T SIGN ANY PAPER. THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE!

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville