4.66/5
Based on 3,265 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

8362 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Somebody from Terminix came by our house and I decided to give them a try because my sister was over and she wanted to. Then Mike from Terminix came out and he walked around. He talked to me about some concerns I was having and took a look at some things inside and out. I paid what they were scheduled to do. Terminix comes quarterly. They come however many weeks it is from the appointment and if I have any issues before that I call and then they will come out.

The first time the technicians came out there was a guy and he had someone training with him and they were both very professional and very nice. I’ve been having some wasps. I’m not sure where the hive is and they were looking around inside and outside of the house but everything was covered in snow. I haven’t really had any new problems since I’ve had them coming. I haven’t had ants in my house or the typical things. They knocked down spiderwebs and stashed inside and outside of the house where it is high and I can’t reach.

If someone asked me about Terminix I'll tell them to call and have a consultation appointment. Terminix will come out and take a look at your house and they will adjust according to your concern and they don’t really pressure you. They just let you know if they will cover what your issues are. I had a separate service done with them and they came out and filled up my attic and got rid of some predator that was living in there.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

We’ve just bought this home and we were having new doors and windows put in and you never really know whether you have bugs or not until you start tearing stuff up. We talked to the Terminix rep and he said when the doors and windows are taken out and if we see any bug activity to call them and they’ll get somebody right out. Lo and behold when the front door was taken out there were termites. And Terminix had a technician out here within 25 minutes and they took care of everything.

We have Sentricon with Terminix and they just come and check the stations. And we also have just a routine household pest. They come in and ask us if we’re having any problems inside or outside and if we’re not then all is good. One time my husband said there's some ants in the garage so the man went in there and sprayed. We’ve two technicians so far. We have one who does termites and one who does regular household pests. The guy who does the household pests is a little afraid of our dogs. They’re big dogs in his defense. But I think they’ve hired wonderful people. We don’t have anything but positive to say about the men who’ve been here.

We haven’t had any pests with the exception of a few ants here. Well it is Florida so they treat the yard for fire ants and we've been really happy with Terminix.

They did great work. They give us a heads up before they come. They’re also receptive. I told the fellow last time, “If we weren’t here, I already gave you the gate code,” and I said not to worry about the dogs because if we’re not here the dogs are not in the yard. They’re inside the house. Terminix is a great company to use especially down here where bugs are a problem and I feel like that they cared about our house.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My experience in this house hasn't been so great because of the infestation. I've been here for six months and I've seen roaches since I've been here. I can't stand it. I had an appointment with Terminix about three weeks ago but I was not here when the technician got here. He called me and told me he could reschedule. I told him I was seven minutes away and he actually waited for me. That was awesome. He was a really nice guy too. He told me everything I needed to do to help with the problem. He went into every room and did a really good job. I'm going to need them to come in a couple more times but from what he did just that one time, it helped out tremendously. Overall it's healthy now and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We got Terminix for standard rodent and insect treatments. The techs come for a quarterly service but it would be cool if the techs themselves check back in more frequently. They do a service for us and we’re supposedly clear but what if a rat gets caught a week later and it’s just sitting there. I would love to be able to text the person that works my area to say, "Could you pop by to check our traps?” Which is so much easier than going through the whole interface of Terminix. Because I don't even want to look. I'm paying for the service. We’re going to have a consistent rodent problem where we are. It’s just anywhere where there’s trash and a community of people with food stuff and all that so for me having routine rodent removal from traps they set will be helpful.

The chat option is more effective than waiting for an agent and so I often select chat over a phone call. And with some businesses it’s really easy and fast and there’s someone there immediately but I feel like with Terminix chat takes a little while. It’s effective but it’s not something that you can necessarily do like they split every time. But the representatives are all legitimate and all of the technicians have been great.

With these businesses it’s constant search whether it’s for plumbing or whatever to establish a relationship that is kind of maintained on both ends. So they should send a tech to me who works our area and that person maybe even gives me their phone number to text whenever I need them. But I’m sensitive to the idea that maybe they don’t want their text thing with private customers and I got that. But maybe there’s a way to have more regular check-in about the work done. And I feel like what you get with smaller local companies is a little bit more trust factor than the big company. But when we had some black widow eggs and some issue with that and I had to ask a few questions about that they were very helpful. I have enjoyed the technicians.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Terminix started coming out due to our roach problems. I had a one-year contract and they come out every other month to spray. I get a recorded message from Terminix saying they're coming. And then the technician himself would call me the day before and let me know when and what time he would be there. The tech seems to be knowledgeable and takes good care of us. It took a little while to get rid of the roaches but it eventually got them all. I haven't seen roaches anymore. If there's any other real issues, our technician takes care of it. The contract ran out and I guess I had a special price on the contract. After the contract ended, the price went up but they still come here every other month. I asked somebody about the contract and maybe it was on a promotional deal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

We have Terminix on a regular basis and for the termite yearly thing. We still have bugs though, but we live in lower Alabama so it goes with the territory. Terminix has been good. There have been a couple of times when we found bugs in between that were more than I think they should be, and when I called they came out immediately and took care of it. So, we’ve been very happy with them. We’ve had them for 15 years now.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Two years ago when we started with the pest control, we had spiders all over outside the house. Now we don't. We're on our annual maintenance now. They come out about four times a year and do their spraying and cleaning up. And that's been taking care of all the spiders around the house. When scheduling the service, they just let me know when they're coming out. And since no one has to be home, they normally just send me an email saying they're coming. And if I had any concerns, I can email them. But most of the time everything's been taken care of. And they leave a little flyer on the door saying what they did and they email me a copy of what they leave on the door.

Dave is the one who does the pest control and normally, we don't even see him. But we don't have any spiders so he must be doing a good job. They just do the exterior around the house. Then when they come out and inspect, and do their termite inspection, the technician that we have has been very courteous, professional and does a good thorough job of inspecting for termites and I have no complaints.

Terminix is a reliable company. And the few times I've had to call, they have been very good. About a year and a half ago there was a little bit of a hiccup 'cause we have pest control and we have termite control. And they've got a little bit confused on what they were doing when and I had to call them up and straighten it out a little bit. But once they understood that I had two accounts, it went smooth.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I've been with Terminix for around six years. Over the years, we have had a couple of different techs and they have all been good. Scheduling has been pretty good most of the time. I have two houses under contract with them. Sometimes, they forget to visit the second one, but whenever I call about it, they were quick to take care of it. I'm always concerned about whether or not the termites are being taken care of. But that's probably just my paranoia. However, since the services, pest activities have been pretty low. I have told my daughter who is having problems with boars and bees that they might want to check with Terminix too, and since then they have gone under contract with them.

Terminix response

We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I originally scheduled with Terminix online and then I was given a call. I got a reminder the day before and then I was given a call from the local person here as well. I told him to give me a heads up since I don't live in the rental property, and he did 30 minutes before they went out which I really appreciated. He came in, gave me a good plan and talked me through it. They executed as planned and lately, I haven't seen any pests.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have regular service with Terminix so they come at prescribed times throughout the year. They've done a really good job with pest control as well as inspection for termites. Terminix has fixed up my house for rodent exclusion. However, I have a problem with their website and customer account set up. I have three accounts with them and two show up on the same account, and there's one I can't get to online. I've called them about it multiple times but they haven't fixed it.

On the other hand, the technicians have been very professional and very courteous. Most of the time, they provide me with a good ETA as to when they're going to be there. However, they seem to ignore the day and the time I normally want them to come and they pre-schedule our quarterly pest control on a different day than the one I requested. Nevertheless, they've done a good job. In fact, I've only seen a couple of small roaches but they looked like they've been poisoned. I would certainly recommend them.

Terminix response

Your feedback is much-appreciated . Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have termite inspections from Terminix and they spray for spiders and insects too. Their technician would call me on the schedule and ask me if that's okay. I'm retired, so I generally say okay. Sometimes I'm not here so if they come unexpected, they'll let me know if they can't complete their job because I locked the back gate, but they do spray out front. We've been with Terminix for many years. We've had many agents and technicians, and I at least find them easy to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have roaches in the kitchen and my cousin has the same problem. She used Terminix and she recommended me to them. I called Terminix's 800 number and scheduling a service with them is fast. Two guys did the first service almost three weeks ago so we got a lot of new little ones. The first treatment didn’t finish the roach problem so the guy came back and my nephew was there. I wasn't home but the tech called me to let me know if he can email whatever product he used. I don’t have an email so I told him to leave it there along with the statement. Terminix is a really good service and I'd recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We’ve been had Terminix in our previous house. We moved into this house 10 years ago and the people that were here had a policy with them so we converted the policy from them to us. Not every termite company insures you against repairs if you get termites despite their efforts but Terminix does and that’s the main reason we use them. Terminix comes around a certain number of times a year for termites. They notify us when they’re coming. They just come, circle the house, look for signs and then leave. And I might not even see them. But at least they’re looking in the right places. I wouldn’t know where to look. And they have assured me that because of my payments if they come they’ll do what it takes to get rid of them and that’ll be their expense. We pay the annual fee once a year. And they can do whatever they want to make sure the termites never come. But if they do come then they’ll take care of them. We have zero termites at this time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have Terminix do annual termite check. I like the way they do scheduling. They send me a postcard and tell me when they're going to show up and if there's a problem with that time, I should let them know. Their technicians seem to be fine and they're doing a good job.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I had some rodent problems and Terminix took care of everything. They sealed the house down pretty good and I really liked their work. This was the first time I've ever dealt with them, and I had terrible time trying to pay it. When they came to do the service, I paid half upfront and the other half afterwards when the job was completed. But they kept billing me for different things from a different area in Arizona and they could never get together. I have no idea why, and it took them about three months to resolve it. If Terminix had been forthcoming, I could have paid them instead of me paying the local man here. He was billing and they were billing me. He was trying to get it straight and they wouldn't. So I was really frustrated with that, and they never apologized. But Terminix did really good work and the technician was a great guy. He made sure the job was done right. I was satisfied with their service, but not with how they collected their money.

Terminix response

Your feedback is much-appreciated. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have some ants at home and Terminix came here and everything has been good. I’m very happy with them. They do a very good service. Terminix usually sends me an email or a text message letting me know when the technician is coming and the time that they're going to be here, so I can be at home. We have the quarterly service, and I had a very good conversation about the spiders' population inside my house the last time that they came here. The technicians were very kind and they take the time to explain what was going on in the home and what they were doing. I also like their price and I will recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Terminix was part of my multi-month effort to get rid of a roach infestation. The Terminix sales representative was cordial. We had an attentive, responsive and expensive business interaction. But the technician who came out was very nice. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and he provided good guidance as well as traps. But they have to be systematically ready to eradicate the critters. And therefore they have to be a little more aggressive with the company's visit. If they would have scheduled on their own it would have allowed the reproductive cycle of the roaches to continue and I think it requires both parties. Somebody who knows what the pesticides are as well as the person who is present to say, "I'm looking in all the obvious areas. I'm spraying myself in addition to what they're doing."

I had a sense that had my wife and I not been absolutely attentive to the eradication of this infestation that the scheduled visits would not have been enough to deal with it. That without our calling for more frequent visits, this would not have been eliminated. But although it also took our effort in between visits we've succeeded in eliminating the roaches so we're happy. We're glad we contacted Terminix and I would call them again if I needed it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We’re going to be selling our house and we’re only going to be in it for the next nine months. We were with another company, and our five-year bond was up and we had to renew. They wanted $1300 to renew and they didn’t have any sort of short-term type of coverage that would help us. So, I reached out to Terminix and the rep told us after doing an inspection, if they felt comfortable, there would be no actual treatment for the house, but if there is any damage, it’s 100% covered.

We worked with the Terminix representative quite a bit over email, and he explained everything. I had concerns about going without coverage and if the bond that we would get with Terminix would be transferable. So, he sent me all the information and made me feel comfortable with things. Scheduling our service with Terminix was easy. I called directly and the technician came a few days later. He did the inspection and everything that he said. And there had been no pest activity since the service. I’d be happy to refer Terminix.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We had a problem with mice, and Terminix came out and checked the traps, reset them, and reset the bait trap as well. The scheduler online is easy to understand and accurate, and I found I what I needed quickly. The tech we had was polite and knowledgeable. We had a very good experience. Since the service, our pest activity was definitely reduced. I would recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We live in Louisiana and termites are a terrible thing to have in the house and getting a service from Terminix was a necessary thing that we have done. And out of all the research that we've done, Terminix is the best company for termite service. We got a termite prevention service with them so they followed the traps around our house. My wife doesn’t like any bugs in the house. We don’t have any bugs at this point, but we wanted to start the quarterly program with them coming and spraying a product for bugs.

We called and talked to the manager and he sent the termite guy the next day and then the bugs spray guy came the day after that. The guys have been great and very polite and courteous. We asked them to call first because we have three dogs, so we wanted to make sure they were inside if their work was outside and make sure the dogs were outside if they were doing the inside. So, we had to coordinate that and they were really good about it. They also called before they came and let us know how long they’d be before they got here. They did their job and then left. The service was all done within three days. The bugs spray guy said it would take a couple of weeks for the sprays to take effect. We saw a bug right after the sprays, which was expected, but we haven't seen an increase since then. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The gentleman from Terminix lets us know when he is going to get there and he is very friendly. He seems to be very proficient in doing his spraying and so forth. I'm an ant expert and he sprayed at all the corners and showed me. Dennis, the one that was here before, showed me all the ants and we had the trees there. The tree limbs were close to the house so he suggested to me that I got to make sure they keep that tree trimmed. Because if it touches the house, then we will get the ants in the house. But we don't have that problem anymore because when Irma came through, that tree bent over and now the ants would have to jump about 10 feet to get to the house, so that takes care of that problem. Our pest activity is now very rare and we keep a few little ant poison spread around ourselves to help them under control. Everything's just fine, but they could serve me better by cutting the cost in half but I do not suppose they are going to want to do that.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had seen a couple of roaches in the bathroom and then in the kitchen. And when the Terminix technician came out recently, I told him about it and he sprayed in for that. He went outside and sprayed into the red ant bed, too. He's always been very nice. Terminix has been sending him out and they call and tell when he's going to be here to inspect. The service has been okay. I keep getting red ant beds, so they always come by and check it when they come over here.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Terminix does the outside of my home on a monthly basis, it's automatic. And every time, the technicians call me a day two before the visit. After the service, they always send me an email with a detailed invoice of what they found, if anything. They are very professional. It's been a good experience and I don’t have problems with pests.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My experience with Terminix has been good. They'd send me a text or email to let me know that they're coming. Their technician was friendly, helpful and courteous. He came out and I did have an issue in the kitchen with the German roaches, and he sprayed, but they were back within a week. That was the only complaint I had with them. However, I've switched to another company where the rate was cheaper.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Terminix recently came for a regular visit where the tech sprayed. He's very nice, patient and he answers any questions we have. He's great and we're very happy with him. Everything's looking very well and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When I first moved here, there were little cockroaches on the kitchen cabinet. There was a Terminix sticker on it, so I called them up and the problem was solved within the first month. The first time, the tech came inside and he took care of it. The last time he was here, he did the outside. He left me with the little boxes all around, and I keep checking them and I don't see anything. He was very nice and patient. I'm completely satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Terminix comes for a regular maintenance. They call us and let us know when they're coming. They leave a message 'cause I don't very often answer the phone but when I have, they've been fine. We started with ants then we saw a mouse one time and I wanted them out here. The gentleman who's been here before has always spoken with me and gave me some tips. I liked it. And we had a bunch of leaves somewhere in the side of the house and he said, "Well, they like that." And so he said we need to get rid of that and we did. So, he's always been really good and informative. We don't see any ants but there's been a few spiders. So the next time he comes, I might talk to him. Terminix has been good to me and I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Terminix was out here to do quarterly pest control. So far, the technicians they sent out were good. And their reps were courteous and they did what they can to coordinate.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We've had Terminix for seven years and our technician have switched throughout the years. But our current technician is excellent. We just get our external surfaces treated unless we have ants inside the house, which I don't think we have had since we are keeping up on the service for preventive maintenance. But when we had a big issue with carpenter ants, Terminix came out and took care of everything. And we haven't seen a problem with them since we've been staying up with the treatments.

Terminix typically gives us a heads up a day or two before they come out. We get the service every three months, and I've noticed that it changed a little recently. In the past, we got an automated call saying they are going to come out and then the technician calls the day before just as another heads up. But now, the technician just texts me when he is already on his way out. I had a situation with a previous tech where he showed up and didn't come to my door and I happened to be in the bathroom. They usually walk by all our windows, and luckily I was in my robe when I came out. I didn't know he was here that time but it was okay. It could have been worse. But the communication I have with my current tech has been good. And I've been very happy with this guy.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I noticed little roaches after my grandkids moved in so I had Terminix come out before it got to be a problem. It was a little bit difficult scheduling the service because somebody at the customer service department kept rescheduling for the wrong day. They would show up and I would have to call back and say that’s not the date I scheduled. And once I called, they did go ahead and adhere to the original date that I scheduled.

The supervisor and the technician were very professional and they explained what they were going to do. I showed them where I thought the issues were, and once they finished the service, they explained to me what they did. I’m very uncomfortable when people just come and if they don’t show me a badge. But the Terminix technician had on his uniform, and his truck was marked well. He introduced himself, told me what his position was, and he even introduced his supervisors as well. He even told me why the supervisor was there. I’ve not had any issues since they left. But I am going to have them come out on a quarterly basis just for precautionary measures. I would recommend Terminix to anybody.

Terminix Company Information

Terminix.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use