3.8/5 (232 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Top Terminix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Verified

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens...

Verified

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. The...

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?

Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.

What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?

Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.

Is Terminix safe for pets?

Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.

How much does Terminix cost for mice?

It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.

Does Terminix have a payment plan?

For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Terry is really nice. He came a few times. He normally sends an email or a text or calls before he comes. He knocks when he comes. This last time, he just knocked and then he automatically started spraying outside. Then he knocked again to come in. Overall, he's okay. But I did kind of tell him where to spray inside and I thought he already knew pretty much what needed to be sprayed. But the last time, he missed the bathroom. Other than that, everything was good.

Originally, I scheduled the service online. But there was an instance when I was gone and my husband called and said, "Did you know Terminix was coming?" I said, "No." I haven't paid anything and I didn't speak to anybody. I told him, "I'm not sure why they're there. They didn't call." The tech had already sprayed outside. Then they had to send him back to do the inside. But everything was smooth sailing. Normally, they'll send a text message before they come. But I didn't get a text or an email so I wasn't here. I didn't even know that they were coming. Since I had the quarterly service, Terminix automatically scheduled it. But I didn't know this. So I had to call customer service. I spoke with somebody in the office and he was really nice. He explained to me. He said, "Oh, with the quarterly. Whatever they have available and when they are in the area, they just automatically schedule it."

Terminix response

Kristine, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience. Please send us an email at socialsupport@terminix.com with the customer number, area needed treatment and availability for scheduling.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2022

Terminix's customer service was good before. The biggest difference that comes to mind is the text communication. I'm easily able to communicate with the person who was treating my house for scheduling, questions, or when they were coming. Something about your automated system makes that easier to text. Communication with the technician has been good. And I credit that to the technician. William, the guy who services my house, is very on the ball.

There is one frustrating part. Some headquarters office scheduled for the tech and told the tech where to go, like what region he would be servicing, what area, etc. on certain days. And they give him very little notice, which means he gives me very little notice. And he would text me and say, "Hey, I just found out I'm coming your way tomorrow." And that's just not enough notice. It's hard for me to change on a day's notice and make sure I'm there to take care of things. And it's not his doing. I've told him before, "That's not enough notice for me. Can you reschedule?" And he would have to contact whoever does the scheduling. But, again, they wouldn't tell him until a day or two before he was supposed to be here. That will be helpful to get more notice from them.

Other than that, it will be the middle of the month or a couple of weeks after a treatment and I'll see an unusual bug. I'll have a question or maybe something that needs treated, and I'll take a picture of the bug or just text him the question mid-month, even though it's not time for him to come out and treat the house, and he'll do everything he can to answer my question and get it taken care of.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I've been with the company for 35 years. I get an inspection once a year, and in the entire time that I've been with them, I've had one suspicious incident. A few years ago, I thought I had a termite swarm in the yard, and they came and re-treated the area in the back. It was a pretty good response, but the technician wasn't very nice. I should have known that it was not termites though. Most of the techs have been pretty nice. Unfortunately, Terminix is doing what a lot of other companies are doing. When you have a service call, they try to show you another product and while it may suit a lot of other folks, it didn't suit me.

One other thing that has been a thorn is that, over the last few years at least, they make the appointment somewhere else. It's not made by the local Terminix guy or by me. Nobody even consults me. I just get a Terminix guy that shows up and says, "Well, you were scheduled." I say, "Well, I don't know who scheduled me." There was a time or two when I've held a line and just said, "I don't have time for this right now," just to make them come back. That's not good customer relations. Whoever makes the appointment should at least call and say, "Does next Monday or next month suit you?"

Terminix response

Thank you, Robert! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 30, 2022

We had ants, and the rep came over to provide treatment in the house. He explained what he was doing after I asked him a few questions. He was putting in something that we had not seen before in the past during the season. It was different from what we expected the last several years, but he was able to explain how that was different. Our interaction was good. Still, Terminix should let the consumer know exactly what the house is being treated with. We know what it does, but it'd be helpful to know what kind of chemicals are being used. It's the exact same treatment, but one technician will tell you that it's okay to go down in the basement after the treatment, and another one will say, "Please do not go down there for the next half hour or hour."

The scheduling and the billing are quarterly, so I can easily cancel or reschedule. That's helpful to have, to be able to manage online or call in-person. They're also really great about calling to let people know that they're on their way, which I appreciate as well since I'm rarely home. However, the cost is a little pricey and I'm gonna stop because it worked up until recently. In the past, when they came in, we didn't see ants afterwards until the next installment. Whereas this year, we've seen ants in-between the different treatments. We've had to call them back and apply additional treatments.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Roselys! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: March 12, 2022

Terminix had been really good about sending somebody out when I needed them. Back before Christmas, I got a new guy and I really like him. The guy I had before him wasn't good at all so I was getting ready to quit using their service. He would come in, put just a little bit of bait out by my trash can then went outside and sprayed around the edge of the house. But the new guy sprayed my windows outside, my driveway, and around my yard. The new guy came back last week and I was sick, so he sprayed outside. He's coming back today to do the inside.

I live in a housing development and I've been having to fight roaches. I've been wanting the stuff kept out because I don't want them. The new guy put quite a bit of bait up on the top of my cabinet. He put it around my ice box and in my bathroom. He told me, "You think it's going to be worse because you're going to see more for the first few days." Sure enough, I did. But they then fizzled out. I told him the other day on the phone, "The bait you put out, they didn't eat all of it." He said they won't eat it and that he'd put some more bait out for me and that's what he's supposed to do today. I want some bait left out at all times. We haven't been seeing any roaches. I was really pleased with this guy. He acts like he cared and he understood and I felt like I got my money's worth. My only thing with Terminix was I recommended them to my son and they gave him a lot higher price than what I'm paying. He called in and it was way over $100.

Terminix response

Thank you, Terry! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Worse company I have ever gotten service from. I was told they would spray the inside and outside of the property for free for the first service, then proceeded to only spray the inside. I called and told them I wasn't going to pay because the guy used aerosol cans which I could've done. I then told them I didn't want to continue my service and they still sent someone out again and I told the guy that I wasn't wanting him to spray again and that I ended my service and he left without doing anything and Terminix charged me for it. They have been trying to contact me and finally I picked up the phone and it was Terminix acting like they were from collections and told me I was going to have to pay. I hung up obviously, and called Collections myself did a whole background check and nothing came up for the past 6 years! They are liars and don't care about their customers!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I had no termites when I contracted with them. At Billy's request, "because they're everywhere", I contracted for subterranean termites after my initial pest control, so I signed up for the bundle. Then I was being double billed lol. Once for the pest control and once for the bundle. Still waiting for my refund for the double billing. Then and only because I decided to redo my floors guess what I found??? Subterranean termites... Total infestation. Huge nest, the whole deal. No indication of termites before. Not through his inspection, no wings, no wood decay, nothing. What can he offer me? Treatment. So I get treatment, nest removal, and guess what? I still have termites...

Today they bill me again and I call to cancel. Not only are they not going to credit me, offer me any refund, pay for my damage, but they're going to charge me a cancellation fee. That is until I speak to my local branch, the branch that can only offer me treatment as a remedy. The treatment that didn't work. And the treatment which allowed a nest to form a mere foot from a bait station... a bait station, 13 of them actually, which should have never allowed this to happen in the first place.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We've had to change our treatment plan. I'm still waiting for Terminix to decide whether they're going to help me under the contract and fix some of the damage that was done. But for pest control, it's been great. The technicians are great. They come in, chat a few minutes, and then tell me what they're gonna do, and they do it.

Terminix response

Thank you, Catherine! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Terminix is not a wonderful company. I get scheduled for times that are convenient for them but not convenient for me. A tech comes too early and he makes a racket. My dogs start barking and I wake up at 8 o’clock on Saturday with a feeling that Terminix is not a considerate company. There are limited services where I live. We started with Terminix and never canceled. They've been kind in some ways initially and the guy I originally had was quite wonderful. I used to get a call from somebody who was really connected and interested in my family. But the district he's handling is now in Kihei. We've had three or four different people show up here and do different things.

Also, my dogs once ate some of the poison from the trap because the poison wasn't put in right. I had to call the company that makes the poison and find out if my dogs are gonna die. The company described to me what they looked like - white and green and blue little circular pellets. There's nothing that the dogs eat or do that would yield that in their stool. The company told me my dogs would be all right. But they were so sick. I called the vet and I was told I would have to give the dogs liquid charcoal twice a day and maybe that would absorb the poison. It was a horror show.

I told Terminix about what happened and they were going, “Oh, that's too bad.” The guy who did the job was in a hurry. I didn't see him again after that. Terminix is a hit-and-miss company. They don't spray and just fill the traps up. We see fewer rats. Sometimes we see them dying and it's a horrible thing to see. They get very thirsty. I pay excessive amounts of money to Terminix. We have several places that are serviced by them. We have an account for our house and we have a commercial account for the place where I work and down the hill.

Terminix response

Lucy, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I have Terminix for my home, a rental property and a cabin that I have, and I'm very satisfied. Our service has always been excellent. Paul has been doing my cabin in Lewistown for two years now, and he is very reliable. Because I do not live at my cabin, he comes quarterly, and he always calls me before he comes and after he's finished. I'm very pleased with his work and the way he contacts me.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Kathy! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville