2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

4.1/5 (320 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests they need to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Satisfaction guarantee

Cons

• Not nationwide
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Top Terminix Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens...

Verified

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. The...

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?
Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.
What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?
Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.
Is Terminix safe for pets?
Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.
How much does Terminix cost for mice?
It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.
Does Terminix have a payment plan?
For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: May 28, 2021

I've been a Terminix customer for 30 years and the quarterly technicians have mostly been great. I really like the ones right now. My home Terminix person calls me, comes, does her job, and always asks me if I need anything extra. She seems thorough and has been consistent. It seems like I had a lot of different people for a while that it's so much better when it's consistent.

The quarterly visits seem to be working well. We live out in the country and we have mega amounts of pests that they have under control now. We had added on to our house and we're having stinging scorpions all over the place for a while. Terminix came back and re-treated and helped us get to the point where we could live here without running into scorpions. We also have a commercial account and at this time, it's working fine too. There have been problems over time, but this particular technician calls and we set a time because we don't live at our shop. Through this year, we've only been there one day a week. That's been good that he knows to call.

I stopped the annual termite inspection because that guy kept saying he had been there and he never met me. He did the last one but by then, I was through with them. I didn't think it was thorough. The annual inspections are certainly not very thorough compared to what they used to be when they came and looked at different things. Now, they just kind of walk around and say, "Yeah, it's fine." It has offended my sensibilities to be charged that much money and have that little time or the couple of times when I think they didn't even come at all, or they drove by the house and couldn't get in.

Terminix response

Thank you, Natachia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

The trouble I have that Terminix is taking care of is ants. They have traps inside and they also do an outside thing. Our most recent experience was in December. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the technicians only did the outside thing and didn't come inside to check the traps. They said it was because of COVID. I started seeing ants inside after the technicians had been out. They sent somebody else out again because the first guy refused to come in. The second guy came out and he did a really thorough thing. He told me the first guy shouldn't have refused to come in.

Every time Terminix calls me to tell me that the next appointment is whenever, they would say the technicians are doing it outside and I don't have to be here. I keep telling them it’s supposed to be on the inside too. They would supposedly do something and tell the people who are coming that they're supposed to come inside too, but the people get here and they refuse to come inside. There's a disconnect.

This past time, it wasn't such a big deal. The ants were pretty much gone at that point because of the winter. But the next schedule that’s coming up is in March and the technicians really need to come in and check the traps to make sure that there is food, bait, and everything like that in it. That aside, Terminix has helped me get rid of the problem so I'm somewhat satisfied. Before COVID, they were doing really well coming inside, checking everything, and making sure.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Deidre! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Our technician is a friendly, cool and laid-back guy. We have a good time talking every time he comes out and he always gives us exactly what we need. He told us how we can work with them to get rid of our main problem, which are rats. He had a guy come out already and told us what it will cost to get the house sealed off and let us know there's a 100% guarantee of getting rid of them. So, as soon as I get that money, it’s gonna happen quick. Everything else has been taken care of just fine, so I’m confident with Terminix. Everything that’s being used is working and everything's under control. There haven’t been any bug issues. I'm satisfied as I can be with the service. I usually use the website to schedule a follow-up but I’ve got my technician’s personal number. I could call him and I’ve got him on my Xbox friend list, too. I could ask him if he could make it out.

I was looking at the pricing options for getting the house sealed off so that we could take care of the rat option, and we don't have credit. So, I would suggest allowing a customer who already makes quarterly payments to add a little bit to that payment so that service can be done and it could pay off over time. We’ve been customers for two years and faithfully making our payments. Even if it’s a little late, we let them know. And Terminix has been understanding about most things. So, they could probably take that extra step too because that’s more money in their pocket and more that the customer can be satisfied with. Terminix is great and does the job. Our guy straight up lets us know the way we wanna go. They have these stations and he tells us which ones work best. He doesn’t fool around.

Terminix response

Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your service!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

When I started the contract with Terminix, the technician came in and they were helpful. I was following the guy around. He was probably getting a little frustrated with me because I kept asking questions. Then I finally left him alone and let him do his job. I was offered the attic insulation and they came up with some numbers. We spoke about that. They did a good job and I’m happy with them.

Initially, the technicians were supposed to come out and do the termite remediation but they forgot to do that. So, I asked one of the sales reps and they asked the technician about it. He made a couple of emails and then a short while later, they were out. They dug up termite traps and placed them in the yard. The pest activity is on a sharp decline. So it’s nice. I started a month and a half ago. I was having a lot of spider activity. The wall spiders aren’t all that big of a deal but the brown recluse is what I was concerned about. I don’t see a whole lot more of them. So, they did a good job of eliminating their food source. It gets rid of the spiders once they go.

Scheduling a service has been great. Last week, I called on Thursday requesting them to come in and spray the inside of the house because I saw spiders. They squeezed me in and they’ll be out next Thursday. So, that’s cool. Overall, the experience with Terminix has been great. My requests have been met. Some lines were crossed and they didn’t install the termite traps when they first came out but outside of that, the technicians were intelligent, sounded like they knew what they were talking about and educated.

Terminix response

We are glad that your service experience was great! Thanks for your feedback! -Anchee

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I had used another company and was not happy with them so I switched to Terminix. This is my first appointment and everything has been fine. Scheduling my service was fine except that what the people on the phone promise you and what they say isn't all what the technician is capable of doing. The did a lot. But when I spoke to him about certain things, he said, "I know they promise you all kinds of things but those things don't exist. We're in California. We have laws. We can't use those kind of chemicals." It was something about rats. He said he's not allowed to put out poison for rats because it's illegal in California. They knew I was in California when I spoke to them.

There was something else that I had asked him to do and that I asked about. He looked at me, laughed and said, "You wouldn't ever do that. I've been doing this my whole life. That isn't what you do." It was spraying something for spiders. He said, "I can't spray anything around that pool. If they find one drop of chemical that I sprayed in that pool, I lose my job."

The initial visit is a little bit more than you pay normally which would be understandable because they're really going through every single thing. He stuck a little spade down into the ground and said, "This is the kind of place ants congregate so we'll treat this area." He really was amazing. He really knew what he was doing. He was very pleasant in every possible way.

I'm not unhappy with Terminix or with the service that the technician provided. I'm going forward with them. If I had spoken to them and I wanted X, Y, and Z, and they sent me this terrible technician that I didn't like and didn't trust, then I would be out the door. But I feel like I can trust him. He even told me alternative things I can do for the rats that aren't poisonous. He told me things to try to put down the smell that they don't like so they won't come around. He was really very knowledgeable. My neighbors used him and they love him. He made himself totally available. He said, "If you see one thing you don't like, just call my cell phone and I'll be here." He really talked a lot about things.

Original review: July 23, 2021

We're satisfied with the service of Terminix. The guy that comes has been really good. Everything has been fine with our experience. We haven't had any pests at all. The only thing we've had was a few daddy long-leg spiders and that was about it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Stan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 22, 2021

When you call Terminix, you're not sitting on the phone for two hours. Before, I'd put the phone down to talk, then it'd be an hour and a half. I recently called them because there were two bills, one was for the regular pest control and the other was for gophers. I disputed the bill for the gophers because I never talked to Vanessa, the young woman that services the house, about that. I also thought that I had discontinued the service in the early part of the year. I talked to Vanessa yesterday and she was marvelous. I told her that I am going to go pay the 41.60 but if they find that I was right, would they please refund the money, and she said that that's what they'll do. Other than that, I'm satisfied with Terminix. The people are as sweet and nice as can be. I also hope they get this problem resolved because I paid it, but I don't think that I should have.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Gary! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 21, 2021

I have been a Terminix customer for over 20 years and ALWAYS paid my annual premium in advance. As before I paid the full premium for 2021. Then on 06-15-2021 I sold my home. On 06-17-2021 at 9:40AM I called and finally got through to Tara. I told her the entire story and she promised somebody will contact me within 24-48 hours. Of course, that did NOT happen. On 6-29-2021 I got lucky to talk to Tamara at 12:50PM. She promised that the pro-rated refund of the annual premium $94.50, would be returned to me via check on 7-1-2021. Today is 7-21-2021 and I have NOT heard from them, also I have NOT received the promised refund. Right now I'm having the hardest time to talk to somebody on the phone. Beware of these crooks. They do NOT live up to their promises and they are stealing money from me. BEWARE!!

Original review: July 21, 2021

Terminix sent someone yesterday to handle a yellowjacket problem. He's a great guy. He's coming back in a couple of days based on his suggestion to see how things are. I've been with Terminix for over 20 years and they do the job. Anytime I have a problem, they're here and that's rather infrequently because the upfront prevention work they do keeps me in good shape and avoids any problems.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Stanley! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 20, 2021

Scheduling my service with Terminix has been good and the tech lets me know when I'm supposed to have it done. He's a very nice and polite guy. When he recently came out, he sprayed around the house but I told him he didn't need to spray in the house because I haven't seen any roaches.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Tonia! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville