toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We're very happy with Terminix. We have three services – pest, mosquitoes, and the termite. The most recent was the termite, which was a couple of days ago. The gentleman who came out was very nice, friendly, did the work that needed to be done in a quick manner, and did a great job. He asked us of our concerns and we told him about it. He answered all my questions and was very polite. The only thing was that he thought the original person put in way too many stations, which was derogatory, but he left them in and checked all of them. We had one problem area and he looked at it. He said it was not termite, and that it's ant.

The service before that was the pest and the same thing, the service man was very courteous. We asked questions, he answered, he did all the problem areas and did the service. The time before that, we had issues with spiders. It was the same pest control person who came out twice who did the spiders and then did a regular service, which we were very happy with because we have not seen any more spiders in the house. Everything is good. Our next one should be mosquitoes later in April.

I'd recommend Terminix. They schedule their services usually by mail and I have the option to change it. Their tech has been very good and easy to get along with. And if there's anything special that needs to be done, he tries to take care of it. So now with their normal maintenance, I don't have any pests in my home.

Resolution In Progress

Service was transferred from Alterra to Terminix and Friday, May 5 was our first Terminix home pest control service appointment scheduled. The appointment was scheduled for Friday May 5, 7-9 am, the technician did not arrive at the house until after 12pm and it took 3 calls to the service manager to have him arrive. Once at the home, he did not wipe for cobwebs, rebait mouse traps, or completely spray the perimeter walls, tree bases, or sprinkle the lawn with ant killing pellets as ALTERRA used to do. When I reminded him to do this, he said he would, then he got into his truck and left. I called the service manager and they scheduled a touch-up appointment.

The touch-up appointment was scheduled for Thursday afternoon 2-4 pm to cover work the first technician did not cover. The touch-up appointment to correct the lack of work performed on May 5, did not occur. No technician showed up at my house **. There were no calls to my phone stating that a technician would not be at my house. This is horrible service. Worst I have ever had. My calls to cancel my service with Terminix are met with "you have paid in advance and will forfeit your money if you cancel." As far as I am concerned, you are in breach of contract for not performing service I have paid for. So please consider cancelling my service and refunding my my money. I will choose another company for my pest control needs.

Terminix

Astrid, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I get my services from Terminix four times a year. We have a contract and they email when they're coming. They arrive on a different time than what the email says but that's okay. Everybody that we've had from them has been terrific. 15 years ago, termites ate through two of our picture windows. With their work, they still ate through our house and they settled with us for a year for free service which wasn't even close to what it cost us to repair. Also, they have been unable to control the cave crickets in the basement. The product hasn't worked and after six or seven years, I can still see them in the traps downstairs. It's very embarrassing.

We were going to have a lot of guests and we needed the basement for some of them to sleep. Also, my son brought home, we hope, Ms. Right and they wanted the basement for privacy when we had all these house guests. I wanted to make a good first impression. I was a little hysterical when I called them and a very nice, terrific and wonderful guy came. He did something different from what had been done in the past. He threw some granule instead of spray and it seems to keep them down to a bare minimum which is very much appreciated. He even when went outside for us and saw if there was any hole in the foundation. It's much more under control now.

The work that was done was ok, but trying to get someone to call you or show up on time is very difficult. The original call was for a raccoon in the attic and birds in the soffits. The technicians showed up very late for the appointment, and they cleaned out the insulation where the raccoon was (he had already left) and re-insulated. They found the entry point and installed some hardware cloth to prevent reentry. The soffit in the back was repaired, but to my dismay I heard birds the next day. I called them several times to complain, but no phone call or acknowledgement to come back. I was able to pop the soffit and let the birds out and let it go.

Here it is a few months later, and the birds are back. I called to have a warranty service call, but they have missed at least 4 appointments. When they finally came the guy did not have the correct ladder to reach the high point in the soffit where the baby birds were, and said he would return in a day. Again, to my dismay, the next day I hear baby birds up in the soffit. He had already closed up and sealed the lower soffit (where the birds were gaining entry) and now mommy bird could not get to babies. I understand the birds were probably going to be euthanized, but to cut off food and water from an animal, to me, is just wrong.

Well the appointment time came and went, and when I called I was told they were short-handed and probably couldn't make it. I would receive a call to reschedule. I received no such call. Terminix is has been the worst service company I have ever had to work with. I would never recommend them to anyone. I should have just performed the work myself. The cost of me buying the right ladders and equipment would have been much less expensive, and I would at least know the job was being done right.

My pest problem started in the kitchen area with German roaches. I had the annual contract with Terminix and scheduled service online. I spoke to the person who came out to do the extermination by phone because I wasn't home at that time and he seemed friendly, courteous and helpful. They checked everything and the job was done. Since then, I haven't seen any more German roaches and so I'm very happy.

We had Terminix encapsulate our crawl space. We wanted to get rid of the water. They did the encapsulation but it didn't take care of the water. They stated it was to improve the air quality and not to remove the water or they said they didn't see any water. I have pictures and an email from the salesperson showing the water prior to encapsulation and his statement indicating it would take care of the water. I have other companies bidding the fix this and they tell me they have to undo all that Terminix did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

We call when we see some insects out there and Terminix immediately respond. I like the guy they send here all the time. He's very nice, friendly, professional, and he knows what he is doing. He's an open book and you can talk to him. They do their routine and that's it. The only complaint I have is sometimes they spray some poison to the bushes and they burn the leaves. And this is the second time they did that. So, the next time they're going to spray the lawn, they have to knock on the door and let us know because that way we could tell them not to spray any of them, just bushes. We don't want to spray poison not because we believe in organic, it's just because they kill the leaves. Other than that, everything looks good so far. I would recommend them to a friend.

We selected Terminix based on neighbors' recommendations. They're very good, professional, prompt and thorough.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Fraud, and a complete lack of accountability or customer service. Terminix salesperson named Myron ** (TX Plano office) came to our home to assess rodent activity in our attic. He diagnosed the issue as a rat infestation and recommended an exclusion process for $3700. Given past success with Terminix we agreed. Exclusion process was performed but there was no reduction in the activity; if anything, it increased. I reached out to him and after repeated attempts, another technician was sent. HE identified the issue as squirrels and performed additional exclusion services. These efforts also failed. At that point my additional texts and calls to Terminix--to Myron, the technician and most incredibly, the technician's supervisor Todd **, who NEVER acknowledged my communications attempts--all went unanswered.

After six weeks of no results I began calling the national customer service line requesting that squirrel traps be set at my home. Each of the five times I have called, I have received assurances of follow up by regional managers or someone at the Plano office. On only one occasion (this past Monday) was there any response. On that occasion, two new technicians who failed to provide their names or their business cards showed up, and after I walked them through my home and brought them up to speed, they assured me they'd be addressing the problem. When I returned home that evening--nothing. No note, no communication (they too had my mobile number) and no solution. The noises returned in the middle of the night.

This morning (Saturday May 6) I once again called Terminix national customer service, this time requesting a full refund, and was once again told that someone from the office would reach out to me immediately regarding the matter. Five hours later, still no response and none expected. National customer service refused to provide me with contact information for the technicians or managers and there seems to be no way to get them to respond. I am now beginning the process of taking legal action should no one respond to me in the coming week. This is the most abysmal example of customer service, and the process seems designed to prevent customers from receiving any satisfaction for misleading service or the kind of outright fraud perpetrated on me.

Terminix technicians have been wonderful. They would come anytime we call, if we saw a bug or anything. Then they also have my termite. So that worked hand in hand with both of them.

We recently had our regular quarterly service with Terminix. Lino, their technician who has been with us for 11 years, is the best. We love him. I have his phone number for emergencies. He is not afraid of the dog so he’s able to come inside my house. And then we chitchat and he does his thing. He goes above and beyond. I got a lot of issues and he is more than willing to look at small bags of things. We don't have any pest activity in our house since having their service.

I always have a very good relation with Terminix and their representative when they come to my house. They are very efficient, very responsible, and respectful. A gentleman came yesterday and he was very attentive to my needs. I have a problem with ants in the front lawn and he took care of it. And he proceeded to help me inside the house. He was very cordial and very considerate in putting his stuff to protect the floors. It was a very good experience.

Scheduling my service is automatically done. They give me an automated call, tell me they are coming at certain days, and give me instructions to leave my house available. But I'm always here when they come to make sure that if I have any problems from inside, they do it. Since the last service, there's no pest inside the house - not even a fly. I hate any type of bugs in my house and they have been keeping it in very, very good condition. I'm very happy with their good service and I thank them for it. I would recommend them.

We the owner of a house have been Terminix customer for the last three years. When a recent inspection suggests poor treatment of a termite control, I called Terminix customer service line to request some pro to take a look, give me a quote or provide a 1-year warranty. You would think this is fair request? Not in their mind: that promise of 24-hours call back has not happened after 48 hours, even after I put a second call to make it "urgent". I will never use them again nor recommend to my friends.

Resolution In Progress

We found bed bugs in our bedrooms so I called Terminix. They came 3 times, well the treatments were not working and the steam cleaning was ruining our bed frames. Well we ended up throwing away all our bedroom furniture. Paid them $1400 and threw away $10,000.00. Not worth spending the money!!!

Worker customer arrive have ever seen. Take all your information to set up new account, give date and time to set up service and no one shows up. On calling back you get promises that manage will call back for week when I call back but they don't even care to call back. Not sure if they are too busy to get new business or they are not interested.

We started with Sears and then Terminix bought them out. The tech who has been coming to my house is my favorite person. He comes every quarter, and also when I need him, and I appreciate that. When I see something, I call him and he'll come back out. He has gone above and beyond the call of duty for us when we've had a little thing. When a pest died up somewhere, he got a ladder and moved to the ceiling of our house. He got gloves and a bag, and just took out something with maggots and he didn't skip a beat. I also had a battle with fleas, and he came as many times as we needed him to, until we got the problem settled. I have zero pest activity now. He really did very good. He is really the main reason I stay because the customer service and that area is incredibly great. I have told Terminix more than one time that they need to give him a raise.

I'm happy with Terminix. I've scheduled my service with them one time and it went fine. Then they would routinely do it every three months. They came, did the bugs and that’s it. So far, I see that the bugs outside are dead, so it's working.

Insufficient response received

The field inspector #** came out and inspected my home for termites. I had been with Antimite for over 10 years when Terminix took over Antimite. I never had a problem with roaches, maybe every 3 or 4 yrs one roach would sneak into my house, but Never have I had a problem with Large Restaurant or Industrial roaches!! Inspector #** let many large roaches out in my laundry room so I would let terminix place their tent over my house right away and not later on down the road. I called inspector #**, he said they came from the sewer lines. I said, "I have lived here 30yrs and have never seen so many Large roaches until you left my home!!" People PLEASE BE AWARE.

Found a wood cockroach in the house and some in my garage so I scheduled a service with Terminix. The technician they sent was fine, very congenial and easy to talk to. There was a series of visits and they came as needed. Everyone was professional and took care of the problem. I haven't seen any pest activity since then but if we have any problem again in the future, I'd certainly consider them first.

Peter has been our pest control guy since we moved here and we love him. Terminix comes out once a year for termite inspection. We decided to change over to the bait station because we had issues. We had some activity and saw some spot that had gotten damaged. So we had work done last week and had it fixed. But everything else has been great. We have regular service every three months. If I have any issues in between, I have Peter’s personal cellphone number and he will come out no matter what. He’s awesome.

Terminix comes to our house for routine visits for them to do their spraying. They notify me that I'm due for service. I can also call them and tell them what days are convenient for me because I like to be home when they come. I have great interactions with their technicians and since I've been with them for a very long time, I know them by their first name and they know me by my name. We're kind of like family since we know each other very well.

The pest activity is virtually non-existent, although I'll see a bug every once in a while. But I'm very happy, that's why I stayed with Terminix. If I have any issue, I can always call them and they will come back. They're a good and reliable company with excellent service. I have not had any issues and I would highly recommend them to anybody who's thinking about getting an exterminator for their home.

For two days in a row I've had a problem with the scheduling of service. I've always had on my service request that I be notified 30 mins before the service. Yesterday the serviceman showed up without calling so I rescheduled. Today the tech called the phone and one time, when I answered there was no response. I immediately called back. No response, so I called the office and the supervisor said, “Well they can't answer the phone.” Well why do they leave a number if they can't call back!!! Ridiculous. I'm very frustrated. I also left a message for the tech. Somebody please explain why he did not listen to my message and call back???

I would call the 800 number to schedule a service with Terminix and talk to somebody at a call center and then they contact the local place and try to schedule something. Usually, they tell me they can't get a hold of anybody and that they'll contact me. It's usually a couple of days later when they finally contact me back. This is stupid because the local office is just right down the road. I should be able to just call them and schedule. It doesn't make sense to have a middleman for no reason.

But the service techs they send are very professional. We had roaches and ants. The Terminix guy was here yesterday, he dug down and sprayed. We’ve had them a few times trying to get rid of some roaches. Pest activity was pretty good since his sprays, but since there was a lag with them getting out here between our schedule and theirs, it kicked back up again. Trying to get an appointment is my only issue with them, but they provided the service that they said they would.

Every three months, I get service from Terminix. They usually call me and let me know that the technicians are coming. If it’s at a time that I can’t make it, I call back and reschedule for a time that I can. They already have it pre-planned and I have to go according to what their timing is. Even if I don’t feel I need it, that’s the time I have to. Even if I want to postpone it, there’s a limited time that I could do it. They tell me what their latest date is that I can schedule the service for that season. The reps are very friendly, courteous, and attentive. Also, the technician is pretty good, thorough, professional, experienced and courteous as well.

So far, I’m still a little concerned about the mice. Last time, the person that came in asked me to call him within a month, which is almost a month now. He wanted to come and check it again to see if there’s activity with the baits that they left out. Terminix is a little expensive for me, but I have recommended them to my friends who have called them too.

After searching for an exterminator, Terminix seemed reasonable. I needed something done fast before it got out of hand. I called on a Saturday, explained the situation and waited for a phone call the next. I had to call for someone to tell me Monday. Again, I had to call to be told, "We all booked, we can only come at this time." After I specifically stated I needed the earliest appointment. Management never got on the line. In which the local office are the ones who are supposedly doing the appointments not the call center in Midstate. Bad Customer Service, uninformative, and awful communication. I'm going with Orkin.

I've been with Terminix for a long time. They come in quarterly and spray around the house and also in the farm that we manage. I don't have bugs but I pay them mainly for the scorpions and I have not seen one in my house since Clay's spray. Clay was my tech when I first started using Terminix and has been my tech now for about close to 30 years. He is a really good guy and does a good job. He'll either text, call or send me an email to let me know he was coming and everything went smoothly. For somebody who has been with Terminix as long as Clay has, he probably needs a pat on the back, a free lunch or something from Terminix. I'm totally happy and would recommend the company to my friends.

I’ve been with Terminix for years and my most recent experience with them went fine. I have my service done quarterly and I don’t have any problem scheduling it. I have quite a few trees and every now and then, I see the tree roaches. In the last day or two, I’ve seen three dead roaches in the house. However, I think the charge for coming out is a little high. It’s about $80 a quarter. I’m a widow and I live in a fixed income so it may be where I’m going to have to start checking around to get prices because it seems like it’s gone up a couple of times since I’ve been with them. I have checked around in my neighbors that have different ones, and they seem to be cheaper.

I have had a very good experience with Terminix. I have an annual pest control agreement with them and they gave me a good discount. Their customer service is really very good. But I don’t know about the technician that come to my home because, once, they told me that they have many things going on that they have to keep on postponing my inspection. The guy that’s supposed to see us the other day did not show up but somebody called for him. The last time that they made an inspection was in July last year. My year is up and I might have to call them again. Overall, I am happy with my experience.

Terminix did their quarterly service a week ago. They schedule and call ahead when they’re coming. We always get the same service tech and he is courteous, kind and polite. He knocks on the door and asks if he needs to come in. When he does, he's always pleasant. He's very professional and gets his job done. We haven't had any pests since the last service, but every now and then, if we ever see any, he'd always come back out. It's what we expect and that's what they give us.

Terminix comes out quarterly and treats outside our home. And I can give them a call if I needed them to come out for anything additional. So far, the service has been nice. When they came, they would knock on the door and let me know they'll look around our home and do treatments. So that was nice, and they were courteous. The last time that I was here when they did the treatment, they found a small mudline of termites. They had to put these things in the ground to treat it, and I've seen some improvement. The only issue I had was crickets because they were living outside at a certain grassy area of my house. So, they treated it and ever since then I haven't had any issues.

It’s a great experience. But when I decided to go with Terminix, I gave them a call over the weekend. I asked them if they could send someone out immediately for the crickets issue outside. But the feedback I got from the call center agent was that because I wasn’t a member, they couldn’t come out until the next business day which was gonna be a Monday or a Tuesday. If Terminix wants to get customers, they definitely should try to come out a little bit sooner or at least the next day. Because if it’s gonna take two or three days, I might need to look into other pest control services that can come out sooner.

We currently have a monthly Business treatment plan with Terminix. We noticed more insects inside the building, therefore we decided to call Terminix to ensure monthly services were being rendered (Services are normally completed after hours). We called Customer Service on April 18, to have the technician return to the facility as the issues were not getting resolved. A couple of hours later our technician called and asked for the codes to get into the building, (I thought this was odd since the same tech has been coming monthly). The next day I viewed the cameras and noticed the previous months the technician was coming out and literally standing next to the door for 2 minutes and leaving.

I then called Customer service to determine the exact times and dates the tech was coming for clarity. I spoke with Virginia ** on 04/19 at 2:27 pm at the Memphis TN Call Center. Virginia ** begin yelling and advising she was not going to listen to me, I explained to her that I was the customer and she needed to assist me or transfer me to a supervisor. She then became even more irate and hung up on me (If someone from headquarters is reading this, please go back and listen to that call). I then begin looking at the cameras for the past several months and noticed the technician coming out, standing at the front door for nearly 2 minutes and leaving. I am so upset by my overall experience I would not recommend this company. I also saved the recordings, hopefully someone will read this and use another company.

Terminix Company Profile