toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I use Terminix quite often and they are good. Recently, I got subterranean termites in my other room. I called them to look at it and they treated it. Their technician was good and he knew what he was doing. He was professional and showed up on time. I don't see any pest activity so it's better now.

Terminix took over another company that I had before and I'm very pleased with the new arrangement and the new people. We get the regular spray from them every quarter and the technician was fantastic and great.

Upon initial inspection, Terminix rep assured me that there was no evidence of termites, so I agreed to an annual contract for $349. Took me nearly 4 months to get a copy of contract and inspection report (in spite of many unanswered phone calls to the rep, to Terminix customer service call center, an unanswered email to the Terminix CEO, and to the local branch. Local Branch Sales Manager finally sent copy of the contract and original inspection report, which showed "indications of prior termite and other wood destroying pests". Upon reading the fine print in the contract, I realized that termite would be able to deny coverage of any future damage. Then I discovered that my CC account had been billed twice for the coverage, once at the time of the original inspection and again some three months later!

I have cancelled the service via email to the branch sales manager, but after a week have still not gotten the requested credits to my CC account. Have left VM with the local branch, and have spoken with Terminix customer service rep, who promised action. Advice to Terminix customers: get a copy of the inspection report and the contract, read them carefully so you know what you are paying for. I have dealt with Terminix on two prior occasions, so was inclined to use them again, but now I realize that they no longer provide in-ground prevention and treatment, but they are now an insurance company (you pay now and they MAY pay later if you have damage), like their sister company, American Home Shield (home warranty). I realize that Terminix pays Consumer Affairs, so they will probably have a chance to block this report.

John ** is a very respectful young man. He calls the day before service as a reminder. He is always within the promised window of time. He comes prepared and answers any of our questions and concerns.

I payed over $1000 to Terminix so they would resolve a pest exclusion problem. Less than a year after the same problem has come back, they are asking that I pay another $1000 for another year of service. I have spent the last three days on the phone with customer service, and the only response I finally get is that they will do a free inspection - which I have declined to do. I have no trust with this organization - they did not solve the problem I paid a lot of money to fix, their customer service is poor and they are tardy every time.

The people from Terminix are very friendly, courteous, and always on time. They call me the day before to confirm my appointment and then at least a couple of hours before they show up at the house. The techs are usually very nice. They ask me where I am having some infestations and they check the house thoroughly, inside and out. If I was having any areas of concern, they would check those areas. They check for rodents, and actually found one area that I didn't even know existed.

I had an infestation with a couple of squirrels that had burrowed in through the roof of the house that I didn't even know. The tech went around, saw that and said they can take a look at it, or I can make a suggestion on what to do to get it taken care of, but we saw him going in and out of the roof. I haven't seen a spider out here in a very long time, considering when we first moved into our home and we were literally overrun with spiders. It was an excellent experience, overall.

We've been with Terminix for a long time and they've always sent good people. The new gentleman has been respectful and he usually calls when they are 20 or 30 minutes out. There have always been ants after it rains because we have a lot of fruit trees. Since using their service, we fill the bait boxes, the ants come around and then they're gone. I've also recommended Terminix to a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Terminix bought Alterra, the old company I was with. I get a quarterly service from Terminix, and at one time, I told them that I've been seeing a few ants that are crawling in through a crack. The tech who came out was very courteous and he answered all my questions as best as he could. I didn’t really have anything done inside the house, which I normally don’t do because I have two small babies. So, he treated the outside, looked for wasps and did all of that and then treated the ant pile. And at the end of it, I asked him if he had a way to seal off the crack on the inside because I knew that that’s where they were coming from. He said that he didn’t have a way to do that, but he gave me a little ant bead thing that he said that he put in a Ziploc bag. As soon as I see them coming back, I should leave one of them out and they would come and eat the stuff, and then they would go back to their mound and they would all die over there.

I haven’t noticed any more ants since his last visit. As for scheduling the service, I just got an e-mail that says, “You’re due for a quarterly. We’re coming at this time.” I didn’t call to change it, and I wasn't given an option. Normally, they’ll either call or tell me. I’m not used to Terminix because they’re a new company to me since they bought Alterra over. I wasn't sure how they did things, so I just let it the way it was. Also, I was going to be home either way.

I made a phone call to Terminix as well to see about my quarterly rates, and the person I had on the phone was helpful, too. There are two things that I want to note. For one, if a customer knows that there is an entrance point for pests and if it looks like it should be an easy enough fix, the person who comes out should have or at least offer a suggestion in terms of how to fix it. And then the other thing that I wouldn’t mind the company taking a look at is maybe the quarterly rate. Other than those, so far, so good. Overall, my experience has been prompt and efficient.

I got an email a day or two before the service saying that a tech was gonna be here at a certain time. I was given a window between 9 and 12. The tech showed up around 10 o’clock. He sprayed the house and removed the spider webs from the eaves. He looked around to see if there’s any new eggs, and told me that he was done right before he left. Terminix does the service quarterly and a different tech comes in every time. The techs have been nice. I still see some of the tree bugs, and a few cockroaches, but it’s a lot better than it used to be. It’s been excellent when it comes to their service.

After the recent service, Terminix did not find any termites. But they found some kind of bee and we took care of that. The guy that came out called me and was very accommodating because I was out of town at the time. He called me back to tell me what he found and what I could do to take some shrubs out and things to help keep down the possibility of termites. I'm very happy with his service. I’ve taken over a contract where Terminix does a yearly inspection.

The guy from Terminix comes out, sprays the outside, around the outside of the house, and we open the garage so he can spray the inside of the garage. We don’t have the inside of the house sprayed, but everything that he does is really good and we’re happy with him. When he's done, he tells us what he found. They also let us know when their service is scheduled, and then we either call to reschedule if it’s bad or we just let it go and let it happen. They're very courteous and there's never an issue.

My mom lives in a mobile home and she had termites. I called Terminix customer service. They quickly responded and made all the arrangements. The following day, their technician came to the house. She was wonderful and she explained everything to me. Everything was excellent. I haven’t seen any pests since then, not even bugs or cockroaches. It has been an excellent customer service.

It was absolutely a fantastic experience with Terminix. They're completely friendly any time I've had to schedule the service. I haven't had a problem with the technicians too. They're nice and they do their job then they're off.

We have a regularly scheduled treatment with Terminix and we also had a couple of roach issues that I had them address while they were here. Then, I called a couple of days later to mention that I saw some roaches in one other part of the house and they never called me back. But I may not have the right number. Also, I don't think they always have somebody staffed in the local office and it's hard to get a hold of them. But Fred, my regular guy, is really good, helpful and knowledgeable. He also gives some educational information which is helpful. I don't have any ongoing problems but it's spotty here and there.

Scheduling with Terminix is not very good because I had tried to schedule them to come out and check my yard and my house for two weeks and nobody ever got back with me. I would get through to them, but they were not giving the information to the people in the field. I had to get my daughter to do it and she finally got a hold of somebody. I was getting frustrated with trying to get somebody to call me, but the person that came out and took care of the problem was awesome and did a terrific job.

We were doing Alterra for pest control but Terminix also offered termites service, and now we're doing Terminix for everything. The tech has been here once and he's great. I'd recommend them.

Matt ** is always really accommodating. He communicates well with us knowing that our schedules can sometimes be difficult to work around. He is pleasant and quick but never rushed and takes the time to inform us of any services that we might not be aware of.

Terminix comes by quarterly to do service and they send me an email when the next one's scheduled. They recently did the outside inspection and treatment. The technicians would knock on the door and tell me they're here and ask if I have any particular problems. Then they do their work and they knock on the door again when they're ready to leave. They've done a great job.

Terminix comes once a year. Although we didn't have termites, we had the process done because our neighbors had it. The tech was very thorough and did a good job. He was also very accommodating. Whatever I asked him, he answered.

It's easy to schedule a service with Terminix. They just call, let us know when they're coming and when we're not home they only do the outside. The last time they came for a routine visit, my husband mentioned a mouse in the shed and the tech set a trap. They've always been helpful and we've never had any specific issues in the past. So we're happy.

I've been with Terminix for many years and I've never had a single complaint. The technician is always very courteous and never forgets to lock the gates when he leaves. If I ask him to pay special attention to a specific area (like under the pool slide) he is always very willing and gets it done. I live in an area with lots of animals around and yet I never have to worry about bugs or creepy-crawly things where the children play. I always know what day he will be coming and he does call if there is a change in the schedule. I am very satisfied with the service I receive from Terminix and I can't imagine ever changing.

There hasn't been too many ants or bugs out because it's winter but we have more problems in the summer. Terminix came about a month ago and the service went well. I received a text a couple of days before and they also called and told us that they would be there. They came, indeed, and we only left our side gate open for them. We're pleased with the service so we've continued it.

I had roaches coming in because my apartment is right by the sewer opening. I called the apartment complex two times and they sent guys out but two days later I still saw the roaches. I'm moving out in a couple of months, so I called Terminix just so they could spray down and then spray again before I move and spray in my new apartment complex. The rep I spoke with was very nice. The technician was great, too. My dog normally doesn’t like people and my dog liked him. They came in and sprayed and I haven’t seen a roach since.

My experience has been fine with Terminix. They come every quarter, but if I have a problem, I call the technician directly and he arranges for another appointment. They usually assign a person to an account for a period of time which makes it easier as that person would know what the problem is.

Our tech from Terminix always does a great job for us. He's a good communicator, he is my main contact with the company. He usually calls and tells me he's gonna be in the area on a such time. He comes out every other month for routine service where he sprays for pests mostly inside and a little bit outside my house. Pest activity in our house is all under control. Terminix has fair pricing for this service. But sometimes I have a little problem with the termite people of Terminix and a recent concern about dry wood.

Terminix recently came by and did an excellent job for the quarterly service we have with them. They call two or three days ahead and say what time they're gonna be here and we're normally around. The technicians that come out have been good and professional. We've been with Terminix for years and there hasn’t been any pest outbreak since. If we do see a spider here and there, we let them know and they spray a little bit extra.

We have an issue with stink bugs and Terminix sprays in and around the house which seems to keep the bugs at bay. That’s the reason why we got them primarily. Also, a neighbor had some termite issues, so we definitely wanted to make sure that his termites didn’t migrate up here for any reason. So we have coverage regarding the termite situation should that ever arise.

My most recent experience with them was excellent. They did what they came to do and did a little bit more. They covered everything that we had asked them and they did the house from top to bottom when they did the treatment. When scheduling the service, they notify us via email and if it doesn’t fit our schedule, we call them up and reschedule, which we've done a few times. As far as scheduling, it’s easy to be accommodated if we need to change the date as well.

Also, the technician that comes communicates with us and tells what’s going on. If he sees anything that is a concern, he lets me know. He’s very friendly and he goes through the whole house. Doing everything that we asked is a plus because we got a shed in the back that I just got last year. The technician says, “I’ll just go back there and hit it while I’m hitting your house,” so that’s nice. They have a small increase in pricing each year, and I’m okay with it so far because the treatment has been exceptional. They’re worthwhile protection for our home.

It's great with Terminix. Whenever I call, they schedule the service then they come and do it. And I work so I don't have to worry about anything. They leave a note saying that they’ve been there and what they did. It's always pleasant and perfect with the technicians. They're nice. Terminix does exactly what I ask for and need. And they're efficient, too. I used to have mice and it was horrible, but they did get rid of it. The pricing would be nice if it was cheaper, but it's fair.

No response received

Made an appointment for an estimate and given a time window for when service tech was going to come. The time came and went with not even a call as to a delay or anything until 2 hours later with no excuse. I was then told to call for another appointment. I don't think so. Lousy business. I'll go somewhere else.

Terminix has always been good, especially the guys that they got coming out. They send an email saying they're gonna be around on this date and they usually say that they're only gonna treat the exterior of the house and don't have to go inside and I do not have to be present. So, whenever they're treating the exterior of the house, there are no issues. If they have to come in, it's a little problematic because it looks like they like to do Mondays through Fridays when I'm at work but when I arrive to see the technicians out at the house, they're always very friendly. If I have any issues, they take care of it. I just recently moved so I don't have them anymore but when we had Terminix, there were no issues with the pests. We see bugs but they'd be either dead or close to dying.

Terminix is good. They give us good service, and anytime we got any problems, we just give them a call and they come out and check on us as soon as possible. When we call the 1-800 number, they will dispatch the information out to the techs or to the Terminix office in our area, and it doesn’t take them too long to respond. Recently, we had something going on inside our Memory chairs at the dining room and I gave them a call because we thought it was possibly mice or something of that nature. The tech came by and took a look at it and everything, and he confirmed that it was not mice. The tech that we have, Brian, is really good. If we need anything, I just give him a call. In fact, if he was in the area in-between maintenance times that he’s scheduled to stop by the building, he will stop by for any of our needs. We’re totally satisfied.

Terminix has always been good. They announce when they're coming out and do whatever they got to do. And then they do a follow up phone call which works out good, too. Though I never meet with them, the service is good. The technicians are very nice and very knowledgeable. I don't see any pest activity since I started using Terminix. If I see anything, it's dead.

Terminix Company Profile