4.65/5
Based on 3,619 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

8838 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

I've used Terminix service off and on for the last seven years. The last time we restarted, it's been two years and we have a quarterly service from them. But our technician has always been Felipe even though we've taken a break, changed properties and stopped service, which we appreciate. We asked him to spray for ants inside because we saw ants in the dining room. Felipe reached out a few days before to make sure it was a good time for the service and asked if there was anything special we needed at the time. And on the day that he was scheduled to come, he communicated with us through a text message to let us know he was coming. They were prepared, he took care of spraying inside the house and the regular service that he does on the exterior. And then, he followed up after the fact that he was done to make sure that everything was okay and asked if there was anything else we needed. So, it was a good experience, as usual.

I haven't seen ants back, so the problem that we had at the time was taken care of. In the past, we've had other issues like fleas in the yard. We live in a neighborhood where there's a lot of deer and raccoons and we have a dog that goes in and out of the house. So, that's important to take care of and whenever we see anything like that, we got special service to make sure that that could be taken care and it always has. So, we've had a good experience.

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I’m on a schedule with Terminix where they come out ever so often, and recently, they came out to do service around the house. They put some stuff for the fire ants around the house and sprayed to make sure there were no bugs. I’ve had three different technicians but all of them have always been really nice. They let us know if they see anything that was a concern and they try to explain to me if I ask them questions.

When we first moved, we had a problem with big wood roaches. There wasn't a lot of them but every night one would show up in the house. We got a patio room that's got windows in it and they were getting in around a crack of an air conditioner that was there. Terminix sprayed and put some foam around the air conditioner to seal the cracks and after that, the only other problem I’ve had were spiders. They tried to look for them and spray them because they said you almost have to make a direct hit on spiders to get rid of them. Terminix is a good company. Their pricing is kind of expensive but your house is kind of expensive too.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Some friends recommended Terminix and I started using it because people told me that this is the season when a lot of bugs come out. So, I just prevented that and had the service done. I have a contract now for fumigation and my most recent experience was very good. They were very professional, on time and very clear about all the procedures. The people that I spoke to were very nice and scheduling the service was very quick. They responded in a very short time and the lady that helped make my appointment was very good. There are no bugs in my home now, so I’m happy.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Terminix comes in for regular maintenance. The technician, Scott, sprays around and he’s very nice. I want the bugs away from the vicinity of the house and he takes care of that. And he comes when he said he's going to come. He has been our rep since we lived here and he totally cares about his job.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Usually, when I spoke with the Terminix reps over the phone, they explained what they were going to do, the cost of the service, and what I was supposed to look for. The technician came out here for an inspection recently. We were having the inspection done to make sure and protect our home, and we never found any pest activity in our home since receiving the service. I've had no problem with Terminix and I'd recommend them.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have been using Terminix for many years and they have been fine. They tell me when somebody is coming and if it's convenient or if I want to reschedule. Most recently, they came and sprayed where we live. The technician is always very courteous and I enjoy having him in my home. Also, he's there to help me if I have a need.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had some ants and boxelder bugs and Terminix treated the outside and inside of the house. The tech was very good and I haven’t seen much of anything since then. He was very thorough and personable, and he followed up a couple of days after the house call and asked if there were any questions or anything else he could do. I’m on a quarterly contract with Terminix and I’d recommend this company.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We get a monthly service from Terminix and they've been pretty easy to get a hold of when we need them to come for an emergency service. We had some issues with scheduling for a couple of months last year. The technician was giving reports that he came but he didn't come. That happened quite a few times late into last year and until February this year. I got in contact with Rory, the owner of the franchise, when that was going on and he took care of all that stuff. It hasn't happened since.

The interactions with the technician were pretty generic. He doesn’t really talk much when he comes out. I appreciate his professionalism, coming out, and not bothering me while I’m working because I’m the leader of the store here. I have to work at the store and then deal with all that stuff, too, and I appreciate when he doesn’t try to interrupt. Some of the other vendors are not so nice. The most recent time they came was pretty standard. The technician came in, sprayed his stuff around, and checked the traps. Everything has been pretty well under control since. We never had a major problem. We had a couple of mice last year but we took care of it quickly. We haven't seen any since then which is good. Also, we’re having a little bit of issue with flying pest but it’s that time of the year and I expect that to happen.

Terminix response

We enjoy reading about the excellent service our technicians perform. Thank you for the feedback and for being a Terminix customer.

Original review: April 12, 2018

After requesting a home pest inspection, it was recommended that I tent and repair damaged wood. Easy to understand as I handed the sales rep a detailed six month old inspection report. Since it was what I expected, and I was told my price was very competitive because I was also asking a tough competitor to bid, we cut the deal. Pictures were even taken to ensure quality. The day before work was to begin I still hadn't received the written report and work order I signed electronically, so escalated and received what appeared to be a very limited scope statement of work.

After speaking with the rep I was assured "no problem" all the damaged wood would be replaced and we'd receive a clean bill of health for our pending escrow. This was the beginning of a month-long effort to do three days worth of work. To get the work done (only 80% complete when I gave up), I had to pay almost 50% more (a deal the worker offered on the side to complete the job), supervise the contractors (repeatedly point out what was apparently missed) and make dozens of calls to all level managers who simply used the tactic to deny culpability and up-sell. After the experience was behind us, we needed completion paperwork but it was apparently lost from their systems, until miraculously reappearing. At the end of the day, a blank inspection (HA!) was coupled with a notice of completion and presented as the working documents.

This is the abbreviated story that went through four managers, all the way to Matthew Stevenson, president of the company. Of the 26 phone calls, some cust service people were empathetic and tried to help, a few were just combative. After all this, the general manager, Andrew **, offered, "Also, I’ll be reviewing the variance between the inspection report & the visits made by our associates for internal process improvement on our end. Please keep me apprised of any other concerns so that I can address them for you." I'm sure glad I could help.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Terminix came out and did a whole home inspection and recommend that we needed more insulation in our attic. They found evidence of mice and recommended their insulation that would be a pest deterrent. 4 months later we had a ceiling collapse in our house with no structure damage or water damage. The weight of the excess insulation was too much for the ceiling. There was almost a total of 24” of insulation that fell from one room. My family and I were fortunate enough to have been home and awake during the collapse. I would not recommend them to anyone for insulation services.

Original review: April 12, 2018

The biggest problem I had was ghost ants last year. They almost look like coffee grinds or something you can’t even see and all of a sudden, they were everywhere. Everybody was getting them because of the wetness so you could get them sporadically and they’re hard to get rid of. But Terminix knew what to do with them and they treated it. They put the gel around everywhere and the ants were gone.

We’ve had Terminix for years now. When we bought the place, we knew we needed somebody and we didn't like the people that we inherited as a reference. We picked up Terminix and Peter is the regular who does the outside. He takes care of everything and he's great. The fellow who came most recently also took his time and went through the inside and the outside. I needed a thorough job and he asked if there was anything going on. I told him not that I know of and then he verified that everything looked good. Since then, the landscapers had moved the little termite things that Terminix had put in the ground so they’re coming tomorrow to fix that. Terminix has always been good and I just picked them up for my house up north too. I’m here part time and whenever I’m not here, they care of everything for me. They also always call before to tell me they’re coming, which is really nice.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I pay Terminix for the whole year for treatment but after they treated the house they charged me. I called them and they said that they will call me back to talk about what’s going on but they never did. Also, the techs that they sent were good, but when they did a whole house inspection over the summer, one tech decided to exaggerate how bad it was. He told the tenants that there was a mouse, a bat and a squirrel in the attic and that made them very nervous. He should not have told them that. He should have told the owner of the house. This affected my business. Terminix is good sometimes but they irritated me and tried to push me for some treatment for the attic.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Everything was treated properly by Terminix on their most recent visit, although we still have some spiders right after that and a few ants in the kitchen. But their reps and techs have been courteous. Scheduling for a tech to come out is getting better too, it's just that I don't really like someone giving me an automated message on my phone to tell me when and what time they're coming because I have a disabled husband I have to deal around and that's very difficult. I always like someone to call me and schedule it in person but Terminix doesn't do that.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Terminix comes out once every three months and sprays the outside. My biggest problem was the anthill on my house and I have not had a problem since they’ve started coming. They send me an email letting me know that it's time for my service, and then a few days later, they call me to let me know what day or what time they’ll be there.

Most of the time, I'm at work when they come, but the times that I had been there, they’ve always been very polite. They knock on the door. They ask if they need to spray inside the house. They even asked that when they called to let me know when they're coming. So far, I've been able to tell them, “Nope. Just do the outside and you're good to go.” The ants are gone, which is the best thing. Also, their price is reasonable. I was willing to pay whatever amount to get those ants. Terminix has done what they said they would do and I've been extremely happy with their service.

No response received
Original review: April 10, 2018

We were seeing wasps in our kitchen so we hired Terminix to come and take care of the problem. The lady on the phone stated that wasps were no problem and that they could take care of that. The first man came out sprayed our perimeter. He was super afraid of the wasp in our kitchen. Seemed uneducated as he was going to spray wasp spray in my kitchen over my sink knowing I have three babies inside until I asked him not to. He was leaving and I asked him who was going to take care of the actual wasp that we thought might be in our attic. He said the next guy coming out will take care of it. The next man came out. He refused to get in our attic would not get on the roof. Suggested a $2000 seal my house plan and left.

I called and complained. They said he should’ve gotten the attic and taking care of the wasps. They are sending out more experience technician that afternoon. Three men came out. They did actually look in my attic and looked on the roof outside. They found one active Nest, shot it down and said we were good to go. That’s where the wasps were coming from but hours later another wasp bit my husband. We canceled the service and were supposed to receive our money back. One of the men said they do not handle anything that is out of arm's length reach from the ground. That lady on the phone who originally suggested the service said they would handle dirt dauber nest wasps and spiders. They would knock down all the cobwebs ants and rodents.

After all these people came out there still cobwebs and dirt dauber nest everywhere. It seems like they usually just come out and spray the perimeter put some powder underneath the sinks and sprinkle some granules in the mulch and that’s really all that they seem to do. Typically they had no idea what to do when it came to wasps. My husband crawled up on a ladder and looked around on the roof and saw a huge nest in a crevice. Sprayed it knocked it down and sealed the area on his own.

I don’t understand how five different Terminix men could have missed such a huge nest especially when they were all flying around it in right to it outside that fixed our problem. I remember the commercials of the Terminix man doing everything he can to get rid of the roaches. This company has nothing like that. The technicians all seem like they’re just hired help and don’t know what they’re doing. They did give me a full refund but two weeks later it has yet to be back in my account.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Terminix walked us through everything that they were going to do. They were quite immersed in what they were doing and they had gone by step-by-step, so we knew how they would come out there and spray the house. Though I had been seeing a couple more roaches since we started with Terminix, the recent service was all good.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We have a service plan for pest control with Terminix and they come out every quarter to do the regular treatment. We get a call and then someone comes out. The technicians have been pretty good.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I started a contract with Terminix on 6/28/2017. By 01/28/2018 the year visits and contract were completed. Visits were notified afterwards, email notification of technician arrival would be over an hour after service with option to cancel at it was already at your front door, NEVER received a reminder or confirmation call. This said charges are applied instantly to your acct as is required automated payment, it is a smart way to withdraw funds when not available or planned by customer.

When disputed with my bank got a TEMPORARY credit meanwhile the presea of 90 days, then TERMINIX came back with a resolution that describes as if customer had no intention on paying as agreed. I agreed to have a YEAR service for a certain amount with previous notification on visits, never agreed to a 6 months with a yearly price even though the visits were done, not as scheduled or planned. This is an abusive and disconsidered conduct towards customer funds, availability, and privacy.

Original review: April 9, 2018

We get quarterly service from Terminix and they contact us and tell us when a tech is coming. A tech came recently and did the inside and outside.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The technician from Terminix is superb. His name is Carlo and he's the same one who comes out all the time. Our most recent service call was an excellent one. He came in, did a rodent check, replaced the poison in the traps and then that was it because we had a snow storm so he couldn't spray around the exterior. Scheduling for the service worked out fine as well. Since Carlo has been out here, the pest activity in our home has been under control very nicely.

Original review: April 8, 2018

On Friday March 30 we had an inspection by a supervisor who referred to us as a "leed" first warning sign...told us we had active termites and boar worms. Wanted to charge $3000 and gave us the "deal" of $2100. Trying to push into the deal by saying they just had a cancellation for the next day. We said we would get back to them. We called local exterminator "Bug Man". He came today no active termites or boar worms and told us what to look for if they were active. So Terminix flat out lied for a sale. Always call a local exterminator to review Terminix pitch.

Terminix response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Susan. We apologize for your experience.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We had a problem initially and Terminix repaired it. We've had them for a long time now and Adam comes out every time. He does a wonderful job. He’s a very personable man and I’m glad he’s on our route.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Terminix comes quarterly to spray. They usually schedule the time, but if I need to change, then I can change it with them. The technician knows what he is talking about and he usually can give me a good answer for any questions I have. I've had no problems with any more pests since starting with Terminix. Overall, it's been a good experience and I've recommended Terminix to others already.

Insufficient response received
Original review: April 7, 2018

Terminix is the WORST company out there. They quote you one price and then when they show up at your house they tell you you don’t qualify you for the package and quote you some obscene ridiculously overpriced package. When I called the lady who was in Texas (I’m located in NY) sold me a package for ants and termite treatment for around $1200 a year. She told me they will come back and respray anytime for ants unlimited times throughout the year and they will set traps for the termites and apply a seal around the house to keep them out. She NEVER told me I had to “qualify” for the package...

I waited 2 weeks and then some guy came to my house and said, "Sorry you don’t qualify for this package because you already have termite damage..." I’m like, "Yeah it’s from the people who previously owned the home and this is Long Island." We are surrounded by water. EVERYONE has termites! Why else would I be trying to treat the houses!?! He proceeded to tell me that I don’t qualify for the original package I was sold because of my termite damage and told me if I just want them to spray for the ants it will be $249.00 plus tax and $139.00 everytime they come back! What?! I’ve had Exterminators in my house to spray for ants every year and it never cost anywhere near that much! So I think this company are a bunch of scammers who sell you one package and then don’t want to give it to you when they show up! They are liars and I can’t believe they have stayed in business this long! I’d choose someone else!

Original review: April 7, 2018

BEWARE OF PURCHASING "ULTIMATE PROTECTION GUARANTEE" FOR TERMITES! We have been a loyal customer with Terminix since 2005 and purchased this protection when our termite problem continued to recur even after the initial tent fumigation. The protection was to include annual termite inspections and treatments (if necessary) that either didn't occur or were severely ineffective! Today, throughout many areas of my home there is termite damaged and the matter must now be escalated to the Structural Pest Control Board for resolution.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My most recent experience with Terminix was for a mold treatment but I get their service on a yearly basis. I’ve been with them for about 10 years already, and I like their technician and his work very much. He is very professional and everything goes really smoothly. I’ve been fine with Terminix all the way around and every service I’ve ever had has been good. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

The last time Terminix had someone come out, it was fantastic and it was like the tech wasn't even there. When the tech came, he knocked on the door and told me he was here to do the service. Then he went outside, did the job and came back with the bill. Terminix's technicians would also ask if I'm having any trouble and if I need anything else done. Also, my guy would always call me a day before the service so that I know he'd be here.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I've had a pest control service with Terminix recently and they were able to do the outside, but not the inside. They said that they would come back, and they did. The service was good and I have no complaints. I have three contracts with them depending on what the service is. My Terminix for termites is annual, for the mosquitoes it's every month and for the general it's every three months. The technicians are knowledgeable and friendly. They're not new, so I'm used to them, and they're used to me.

But I'm concerned about termites because the floor in one of the rooms at the other end of the house is weak. I need Terminix to look at it, so they're coming back to do a recheck. Because when they do the inspection, they just go under there and look where they put the bait out. And if that looks okay, that's it. I don't know if that's exactly how it's done but the area at the other end of the house doesn't look good and it doesn't feel good. I can see some of the damage under the carpet. Nevertheless, I'm satisfied with my experience with Terminix.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We had termites and Terminix did the treatment. The technician was knowledgeable and we've been with them for a month now.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Terminix does a quarterly spray for our home. They let us know its time and give me a date that’s acceptable. If it's not acceptable, we change it to one that we can be here for. The technician who comes is the same one all the time and he’s great. He’s pleasant, efficient, not pushy, he knows his job and does it well. The outside service works great and he's never had to come in the house. I'm happy with Terminix and I would recommend them.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs