2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.63/5

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 10, 2019

Terminix does termite and pest for me and I've had good experiences with them. I've used Terminix for four years and when scheduling a service, they would tell me when they're coming. And for the most part, they don't have to come in the house and I don't even have to be here. I would tell them that I don't have any dogs in the yard. The only thing strange that happened was I would get an email message saying that they were coming on such and such date and they wouldn't. So, I got to where when they'd tell me they were gonna be on a certain day, I would wait until a day or so before, and then confirm with them to make sure so that I didn't have stay home when I didn't need to.

I've talked to the man doing the work and he didn't understand because as far as he can tell, we were never scheduled. That happened to me twice. And the last time was six months ago and it hasn't happened since. It wasn't bad enough for me to get angry but it was strange that the system scheduled me and then the schedule changed and then they didn't update me that the schedule changed.

Nevertheless, the technicians have been really good. They were very polite and they made sure that there were no issues. They made sure that I know about the areas to avoid and for how long. They wore booties when they came into the house. They seemed to know what they were doing and they were very responsive to anything. If there's a problem, they'll do something about that. So, I am happy with them. Our home got better after they were here. For some, that's hard to say because the seasons are changing. But what they did when we were having a minor roach problem coming in from outside, they sprayed all around the house outside. And we noticed that after two or three days, it wasn't happening anymore.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Vaughan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Get expert buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

In the 32 years that I've been with Terminix, I've had no problems at all with the technicians. They're very thorough, and their attention to detail and friendliness are terrific. Every one of them, including the current one, Patrick, is fine. He came out for an in-home spraying for insects recently. He also takes care of some mouse poison in my garage and crawl space.

Something happened at the headquarters, however, so the scheduling was taken out of the hands of the technicians. Now scheduling is done automatically from headquarters, so the technicians cannot tailor the timing of the visits in such a way that they know the schedules of the people that they're spraying for. I live alone and if I'm gone during the day, for instance, they won't be able to get into the house. So I either have to change the appointment or my daily schedule, so I'm home to let them in when they come. Then my particular technician makes the phone call the night before he's coming, and I get a notification in email from the company. I put that on my calendar and then my technician calls the night before to just double-check.

Still, another problem is that I get an email that says I will have a call on such and such date, between the hours of such and such. It says, "You do not need to be home for this service. Just please secure any animals." But that is not true, and I have complained about this almost every time I get a service. I need somebody to be here to let the technician into the house because it's not external spraying only. He sprays around the perimeter of the house, but he also comes inside. I've shown this to Patrick every time, and we chuckle about it. The email communications of the company really need some close attention. It is annoying when year after year, you get communication that is not clear about what's gonna happen.

I don't have any complaints about the pest activity in the house, although I have had ants in my kitchen at a certain time of year. Patrick comes and puts out some little traps and that ceases. It's excellent. Last week, I had two mice in my garage, and the automatic door has some little cracks at the edge where they can get in. That's separate from my house, and Patrick put out some chemicals, and I found the dead mouse on the floor a couple of days after he was here. Overall, I would recommend Terminix. The service, the coverage, and the technician who comes to my house are wonderful.

Terminix response

Thank you, William! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I first moved in 2004, we found termites. I used Oregon then. They came out and I had the contract with them at that time. They got rid of the termites but I saw where Terminix said that if I had a contract with them and if they ever found termites after inspecting it the first time, they would pay for the damage to the house. I thought that was great so I changed from Oregon to Terminix a long time ago. I have the pest control and a contract for termites with Terminix.

The last time Terminix was out was for the pest control. They sprayed and they come about every three months. But when I had an appointment for the 27th, they were supposed to be there between 8:00 and 10:00. They sent an email about it. So, I got up really early and at 12 o’clock, they still hadn’t shown up. I called and I went through the automated thing. I said for scheduling and I was told that their schedule to come was in the 28th. Nobody contacted me and told me that.

This was the second time that has happened. It happened a long time ago, the same tech. So, I called and talked to a representative. She was so nice and kind. She said that they had a little trouble with their equipment for scheduling. She went through the whole thing and they were gonna send me a new time. However, I had a doctor’s appointment with the time they were gonna give me. She told me they could come March 13th for a termite inspection that I have once a year. I couldn’t take the date that she offered me and she looked but she didn’t have anything very soon. So, she said she would get with one out of Palestine. She was gonna get with them and have them send me one. So, I'm sure I'll get it very soon. I told her that the next time they schedule me, I'm going to call the day before and see if I'm still on schedule. Despite that, all the employees have been nice.

The technicians who came were all so nice too. I love them. The last one who came was fairly new. He was so nice and I gave him a 5-star. Also, the one before was a female and she was terrific. I'm satisfied with my experience with Terminix. It is a good warranty and I haven't had any more termites. Now, they leave little sticky things for me and most of the ones I see are in the garage. They said they would come out any time I call them, but the sticky thing takes care of it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Wanda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've been living in this house for 15 years now, and when we first moved in, we had a Terminix contract. Over time, however, we discontinued the service. Then we had this crazy ant activity two and a half years ago and it wasn’t just us. Our neighbors were having the same thing as well. I reached out to Terminix again and once they came in, the result was almost immediate. After that, it was subsequent spray and I continued it because it definitely helps alleviate that issue. The ants haven’t come back, so overall, I've been very happy.

I've also had additional mosquito service over the summer months, but you have to manage expectations on that right. They guarantee 100% that they'll eliminate mosquitoes but there's no way that they can guarantee that. They might spray mine, but my neighbors don't spray and their mosquitoes will come into my neighbor. But it has brought down the mosquito population. It's 60% better.

Recently, they came to do the regular service which is part of the quarterly spray. The guy that showed up came on a day when it was kind of snowy. I asked him what really moved him to come that day. I didn't think it would be effective. Two weeks later, however, we had bed bugs and the cold weather helped to pull the insects closer to the warmth of the home. So when they sprayed, it actually had a very good outcome, which it was counter-intuitive to me, but once he explained it, it made sense. He was knowledgeable and quite helpful.

I've been doing Terminix for a couple of years now, and a total of four people have come. It is routinely the same people but they're not exactly the same person every time, like one after the other. I've had a couple of people that have called me on follow up. They wanted to do a bit more aggressively than usual and come and inspect the attic. Even though I've indicated a number of times that I'm not interested, still I've got phones back to back. Nevertheless, the communication with the reps has been good. I like the way that they give notification the day before and then the day that the person is coming in. The send me a text and they notify me. It gives me an opportunity to be able to be home or to reschedule if I wanted them to do some internal work and I'm not available.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Yonathan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Terminix is great. After I looked at the reviews and saw the ratings, I decided to call Terminix because I had termite issues. That was why I called them initially but then I had spider issues. So then I called and had them spray the whole house for spiders, roaches and rodents. So far, I haven’t had any problems at all. But the scheduling is a little rough. I have to be checking my email because they just come whenever they want. They can’t do that though. I work in New York but live in Pennsylvania then my husband works in Jersey. So they have to come on my schedule. I have to call a couple of times but it’s okay talking to their representatives.

Not all technicians are good either. I've had three come out and the first one didn’t do anything. He said that he didn’t see any evidence and he was not putting anything down. He charged the money and just left. It was my husband who was there at that time. When the next technician was coming, I made sure I was there. That was the technician that I like. He went through the whole house and was very thorough. So it was very good. Then he came out the second time and did everything again. Never again did I see any spiders and roaches. But now, the new guys comes and all he does is make sure that all the traps, especially the stuff that he puts down, are good. That’s it. I reached out to Terminix to get the technician I like to come out. But they said the he doesn’t do field work. Still, I haven’t seen any sign of vermin.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Terminix came to my house in November 2019. They promised to not only rid my house of the squirrel living in my wall but to seal all holes in my siding to prevent squirrels from entering my house. Contract signed, money exchanged (me to Terminix). Long story short, they set up a trap that did not trap anything. They sealed that hole and are refusing to seal the other holes in my siding. I have called them several times and they promise that someone from my local office will call me... but they never call. Basically, they took my money and are not performing the promised service... and who wants squirrels in their wall... no one.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Had termite inspection appointment for Friday, 1/10/20 between 3:00-5:00 PM. Calib, the inspector called at 4:00 PM on Friday, 1/10/20 to say he wasn't going to be able to make our appointment, claiming office "over-scheduled" him. I was frustrated because I had left work early for this appointment (loss of pay). When I contacted customer service, the rep could only reschedule me. I said that I would try once more but if they didn't keep the next appointment, I would be sure to write a review to let others know.

2nd appointment set for Monday, 1/13/20 between 3:00 - 5:00 PM. Vincent, the inspector called at 4:30 PM on Monday, 1/13/20 and asked me if I still wanted him to come, as he was 30 minutes from my home. I told him it would be dark in 30 minutes, and asked if he would still be able to look outside of the home? He said "no" but said he could do the inside. I said that would only be a "halfway job" and again, I had left work unpaid for this appointment. I said never mind and that I'd be sure to let others know of their HORRIBLE customer service. Not impressed with such a supposed "reputable" company. Potential customers beware!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Almost 10 months and still have mice. We hired Terminix for bugs and mice. Mice being the main reason. They laid some traps around the bottom floors and garage. Spraying was never done upper levels. I have laid my own traps and caught 7 or more mice compared to their 1. They keep coming back and still have mice. Paid over 1000 dollars for their service that is guaranteed. Corp office called but we did not see eye to eye. The last tech people stated they think they have found the problem and Hopefully by summer things will be corrected. How long is too long to have my problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I have no complaints on the product or service. I have recommended Terminix several times on the neighborhood email. The workmen were prompt and courteous. These ice excellent so far. My neighbors don’t take care of termites so I have to watch carefully around my property and keep baiting.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Suzanne! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Terminix is the worst company ever. I urge you all to look for another company for you extermination needs. I asked for a specific service and specifically stated "I only one 6 months of service." Sure enough they did the job and sure enough signed me up for auto pay saying the service I requested comes with recurring fees. Without my authorization they sent me another bill when I didn’t want more service. Screw this company, they are the worst.

Terminix expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Terminix is one of the world’s leading pest control companies. Established in 1927, it serves both residential property owners and commercial property owners.

• Guarantee: Terminix offers customers a guarantee called the Terminix Ultimate Protection Guarantee, which offers customers lifetime damage coverage so they never have to pay for termite treatment again, and a money-back guarantee which will refund the customer’s money if they are not 100% satisfied.

• Resources: Terminix is part of ServiceMaster, which is a large family of companies that has a number of resources for technological advancements and perfection of service.

• Convenience: The company provides pest control services to countless locations across the country.

• Services: Terminix services include pest control, termite treatment, mosquito control, bed bug treatment and more.

• Customer service: The company offers 24/7 customer service, as well as an online help form.

• Best for: Landlords of large residential buildings, single-family homeowners, apartment & condo owners and commercial property owners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville