4.0/5 (294 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Top Terminix Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We have had very good monthly service from Terminix for several years now… When we had trouble with carpenter ants, they quickly identified the source of the colony and the queens...

Verified

I have been using Terminix for several years. They have kept my home bug and pest free. They are reasonably priced and their service technicians are professional and thorough. The...

What is Terminix?

Terminix provides pest control for common pests such as ants, wildlife, cockroaches and mosquitoes. It also offers termite control, flea services and bed bug removal. Terminix’s services are designed to help remove pests from your home and prevent any recurring issues.

Terminix’s services are available 24/7 for emergencies. To find a location near you, visit the company’s website.

What does Terminix do?

With Terminix, you can choose to receive one-time or recurring treatments. Customers typically purchase quarterly pest control plans. With quarterly treatments, you receive an initial visit to determine a customized plan of attack, including seasonal treatments of the most common pests.

All services include a 100% satisfaction guarantee that covers additional treatments if the pest problem isn’t solved.

How much does Terminix cost?

Terminix’s cost varies based on multiple factors, including your location, the size of your home and the pests you need removed. Each customer starts by scheduling a free inspection with a Terminix professional who creates a detailed, customized plan for pest control. This plan includes the price of service and how often treatment will be performed.

On average, Terminix’s prices range from $550 to $700 per year for a 2,000-square-foot home. The price varies based on the type of pest, how severe the problem is and how often professionals must visit the home. There are a few Terminix coupons available on its site and elsewhere that can help cover some of the cost of treatment.

Terminix FAQ

Who owns Terminix?
Terminix is owned by ServiceMaster Global Holdings Inc., a company that provides residential and commercial services. Its other companies include ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids and AmeriSpec.
What chemicals does Terminix use for roaches?
Boric acid is the most common chemical used to treat roaches.
Is Terminix safe for pets?
Yes. Terminix utilizes pesticides that are not harmful for pets.
How much does Terminix cost for mice?
It depends. On average, Terminix’s mouse extermination services cost between $300 and $500 but could be more depending on the severity of the problem.
Does Terminix have a payment plan?
For people who sign up for yearly services, Terminix offers flexibility in how the payments are made. For example, you can choose to pay individually for each treatment or pay the annual cost in one lump sum.

Is Terminix worth it?

Terminix is a well-known brand in the pest control industry. While prices aren’t shown anywhere and it’s hard to get a feel for how much it actually costs to use Terminix, customers receive a free inspection and quote for personalized prices. For this reason, Terminix is a great option for home or business owners who want a partner for their pest control that offers flexibility in price and services.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: March 12, 2022

Terminix had been really good about sending somebody out when I needed them. Back before Christmas, I got a new guy and I really like him. The guy I had before him wasn't good at all so I was getting ready to quit using their service. He would come in, put just a little bit of bait out by my trash can then went outside and sprayed around the edge of the house. But the new guy sprayed my windows outside, my driveway, and around my yard. The new guy came back last week and I was sick, so he sprayed outside. He's coming back today to do the inside.

I live in a housing development and I've been having to fight roaches. I've been wanting the stuff kept out because I don't want them. The new guy put quite a bit of bait up on the top of my cabinet. He put it around my ice box and in my bathroom. He told me, "You think it's going to be worse because you're going to see more for the first few days." Sure enough, I did. But they then fizzled out. I told him the other day on the phone, "The bait you put out, they didn't eat all of it." He said they won't eat it and that he'd put some more bait out for me and that's what he's supposed to do today. I want some bait left out at all times. We haven't been seeing any roaches. I was really pleased with this guy. He acts like he cared and he understood and I felt like I got my money's worth. My only thing with Terminix was I recommended them to my son and they gave him a lot higher price than what I'm paying. He called in and it was way over $100.

Terminix response

Thank you, Terry! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Terminix did a great job. The tech, Bill, informed me when he left to come here from where he was before. He came to my house on a Saturday morning but didn't come to the door. I opened the door because I saw him drive up. We exchanged pleasantries because he's a very pleasant man, then he asked me if I had any problems inside, which I did not. He walked around the house, did his job and when he was finished, I saw him go to the truck. I waved goodbye to him and he drove away. He doesn't come to the door to have me sign anything anymore. That's because of COVID.

The house next door to me was abandoned for a while, and not long after that, I started seeing roaches. I was with another company before and I didn't think they were doing a very adequate job. It seemed to me that the problem was coming from outside. I called Terminix and they sent somebody. He did more work on the outside and he did a great job. I haven't had any real pest activity. Once, I had carpenter ants, but the guy from Terminix discovered where they were nesting outside and took care of it.

Terminix response

Thank you, Phil! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

We have Terminix scheduled to come four times a year. They're very friendly and thorough. We had them also do some insulation and getting rid of some bugs in the attic and they did a beautiful job. They did the complete cleaning. We live in a house that is 250 years old, so there's a part of the attic that was not properly insulated in the north wing of the house. So, we had them go up and clean it out, sanitize it, spray, and insulate. We're very pleased with what they did. We continue to keep them as long as they do the job.

We have not had the spiders. We still get wasps and ladybugs, so we have to have someone come. They came out and took care of the wasps. That was before we had the attic done. But we have an invasion of ladybugs once a year. Everybody in the Northeast has some. And nothing seems to get rid of them. They live in the walls, and they come out when it’s very hot, except some of them come inside. So, I can vacuum and 20 minutes later, I need to vacuum them up again. It’s a nuisance. But it's only for a certain time of the year. We have mice, which Terminix has given us stuff to deal with that. The ant stuff, they give us when we do get ants. And they have given us certain products to put around that is safe for the pets. And they seemed to work.

Last year was the only that we didn't have any luck with anything no matter what we put. It was just one of those years. But mostly, the house being so old, we need to have the house sprayed for termites. And the house is still standing. So, it must be doing a good job. I'd recommend Terminix to a friend because they are accessible. They get back to me right away. They do a good job, thorough, don't destroy anything in the garden and very old-fashioned good manners.

Terminix response

Thank you, Antonia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Terminix did a $2,000 retrofit in my basement for pests. I've invested quite a bit of money with them. One time they sent a billing to renew my service, which I did not know was only for rodent control. The head office told me that I'm covered and everything's fine and so I waited for the technician to arrive. When he got here, he said I was not covered for that service so we'd have to write a contract. That was a lot, a little bit odd, and I didn't fully understand. If only they could be just a little bit clearer like I'm covered for insect and pests for a year or I'm just covered for rodents. Sometimes they make their language or their contracts a little too complicated.

Then I had to get rid of a rodent the last time myself after Scotty was here. He didn't set a trap for it. But I think it's gone now. It would be interesting if the technicians and the scheduling staff got a little bit more coordinated. Sometimes, they send one thing, and then something else comes up when the technician comes up. That's my only concern. However, when they do the things that they're supposed to do, it works really great. I'd still recommend Terminix. But there are still things to improve.

Terminix response

Thank you, Jim! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I've been a Terminix customer for 30 years and the quarterly technicians have mostly been great. I really like the ones right now. My home Terminix person calls me, comes, does her job, and always asks me if I need anything extra. She seems thorough and has been consistent. It seems like I had a lot of different people for a while that it's so much better when it's consistent.

The quarterly visits seem to be working well. We live out in the country and we have mega amounts of pests that they have under control now. We had added on to our house and we're having stinging scorpions all over the place for a while. Terminix came back and re-treated and helped us get to the point where we could live here without running into scorpions. We also have a commercial account and at this time, it's working fine too. There have been problems over time, but this particular technician calls and we set a time because we don't live at our shop. Through this year, we've only been there one day a week. That's been good that he knows to call.

I stopped the annual termite inspection because that guy kept saying he had been there and he never met me. He did the last one but by then, I was through with them. I didn't think it was thorough. The annual inspections are certainly not very thorough compared to what they used to be when they came and looked at different things. Now, they just kind of walk around and say, "Yeah, it's fine." It has offended my sensibilities to be charged that much money and have that little time or the couple of times when I think they didn't even come at all, or they drove by the house and couldn't get in.

Terminix response

Thank you, Natachia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 2, 2022

We're not exactly solid with Terminix, but we're very pleased. We love our pest control technician. His name is Buddy and he's exceptional. And as long as we have him, Terminix has our business. Two local businesses came and advertised a lower price. But we'll stick with Buddy because we're loyal to him. He's easy to work with. We had difficulties before with people not coming at the time that we requested but that's never happened with Buddy, ever. Ants are an issue to us sometimes and he comes out even if we request an additional service. There's never a time that he doesn't get us in for that. We also had an issue with an older type of structure. We noticed a rat and he came and put bait systems down. There's price issue with Terminix though.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer! -Arande'

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 29, 2022

So I've been dealing with Terminix since at least 2013 with varying customer svc. I hit peak frustration, move to another company level 2017ish. And I'm back there now. I've not had an assigned tech since Nov 2021. Whoever they can get to fill in does the service. They actually missed a month of service. I've been promised compensation &communication since 2/22. And yet I'm never contacted or informed of service date. I try working with them so I  make the calls to the call center & follow it up with calls to the service managers. Here's what it's like: I called Monday to find out WHEN I'm scheduled. Was told this Saturday. Ok... explain I need certain apts serviced as well, explain what I need and since they are occupied apts I need a window of time so tenants can be prepared.

I then follow up with a call to Edgar (Valencia ca office). He confirms date and will inform Tim (service manager) and the tech as well and I'll get a call. I wait. I follow up with a  call on Wed to Tim (service manager) directly leave vm. I wait. And here we are at Friday. So I call the call center & am told it's NOT scheduled for Saturday but TODAY. No tech named or phone# to follow up with.  Why am I working harder to get them to service me, a service I PAY, for when they are not trying to even keep me as a customer much less service me as CONTRACTED? Btw, I use them for not only this apt building but my residence and other rental properties. But apparently, I must not generate enough business for them to care? So if you're considering Terminix, ask yourself- is this the experience you want? Because it's obvious it's the experience you WILL get.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 28, 2022

I originally contacted Terminix for squirrel removal on 2/25/2022. They came out, did an assessment and stated their work is guaranteed for 2 yrs. I paid over 4K for there which included 132 ft of custom aluminum siding to keep the squirrels out. They placed 2 tunnels up and never did the rest of the work. I still have squirrels in my attic and the siding was never done. Don’t use them. It’s a scam with no concrete pricing and they outsource and don’t tell you that is what they are doing and keep trying to convince you of work being done that wasn’t. If the work was done? Why is it that squirrels are still getting in. I was directly sold the contract by Mathew ** out of the Springfield branch in NJ. I have reached out to him, the financing company, and the branch manager as well as the outsourced pest control company. I have squirrels eating through the Sheetrock and digging holes into my home. Do not use them.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Updated on 05/15/2022: I was told on 4/26 my account was closed but I am still being charged! Horrible dysfunctional customer service. I also do not even see any termites at all. Terminix takes advantage of people and makes them think they have issues they don’t have!

Original Review: I have been using this company for a few months now and have had nothing but issues. First I had them deal with my ants issue, which they were able to resolve but they kept coming back without being scheduled, and would come without even calling me. Then the ants came back. And honestly they didn't do a great job at dealing with my mosquito problem.

Then I made the worse decision and called them for my mice problem. Then they said I had to close up my holes and wanted to charge over $2k for this. But they phrased it in a way that was very confusing. So I promptly called and canceled this service before the 3 days were up. HOWEVER, they also for some reason added termites to a separate agreement, because the agent decided that this house was "prone" to termites which doesn't even seem to be true. Then before I could even get a chance to cancel this they came the very next day.

So now I tried to cancel and they said they would charge me the remaining balance due which was not even explained to me. I had to call 4 times to even get to a manager who told me since I signed some contract they can't waive the balance "due" despite me never even wanting this service to begin with! I see the contract but it also says I could cancel in 3 days which I did with the mice but they came the very next day again without notice. Total predatory business practices. Once I can cancel this service without it costing me too much financially I will be doing so and never dealing with Terminix again.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Terminix comes every three months to do the outside and the inside. On the day before they come, they will call me and say they're coming. Then I'll tell them what time they can come because sometimes I'm at school substituting. So they would have to come after school. They're good. Since I've had Terminix, I have not seen anything.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Becky! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville