3.9/5 (256 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: July 16, 2022

The people who come out to spray were very nice and they were both very good. So far, everything has been fine. I have no issues with mice and I haven't seen any ants since they sprayed.

Terminix response

Thank you, Paula! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: July 15, 2022

We were with Terminix for 25 years when we were in Natchitoches. We had the same technician there for years and he was outstanding. Then, we moved here in September. We've been here for eight months and in that time, we've had a number of different technicians. Also, I called them on a Friday because caterpillars were invading the house and they said they couldn't get here till Tuesday. That was a little bit disappointing. In Natchitoches, I would have called the tech directly since I had his phone number and he would've been out there in 15 minutes.

But the technicians we've had here have been very competent and professional. We had a problem with squirrels getting in the attic. They came out and checked all the access points and saw where they were getting in and took care of that. They also told me what to look for in the future and gave me a place where I can get other chemicals that aren't in Terminix's pharmacy to knock them back. When anybody gives me advice against their own economic self-interest, it's the fairest thing I can rely upon. That's one of the reasons we stayed with Terminix. I appreciate that kind of professionalism.

Terminix response

Great feedback, James! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 14, 2022

I had Terminix at a rental property and they would respond to my requests. I didn't have any interaction with the techs, but they would come to the house and walk around. They sealed the spikes with whatever it was they used and sent me a text saying, “Yeah, we are out. We’re done.” Everything looked good. I've had no trouble with them, but I since sold the property, so I didn't really need Terminix anymore on that one and I called to request that they cancel the service.

Terminix response

Great feedback, William! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Terminix's customer service was good before. The biggest difference that comes to mind is the text communication. I'm easily able to communicate with the person who was treating my house for scheduling, questions, or when they were coming. Something about your automated system makes that easier to text. Communication with the technician has been good. And I credit that to the technician. William, the guy who services my house, is very on the ball.

There is one frustrating part. Some headquarters office scheduled for the tech and told the tech where to go, like what region he would be servicing, what area, etc. on certain days. And they give him very little notice, which means he gives me very little notice. And he would text me and say, "Hey, I just found out I'm coming your way tomorrow." And that's just not enough notice. It's hard for me to change on a day's notice and make sure I'm there to take care of things. And it's not his doing. I've told him before, "That's not enough notice for me. Can you reschedule?" And he would have to contact whoever does the scheduling. But, again, they wouldn't tell him until a day or two before he was supposed to be here. That will be helpful to get more notice from them.

Other than that, it will be the middle of the month or a couple of weeks after a treatment and I'll see an unusual bug. I'll have a question or maybe something that needs treated, and I'll take a picture of the bug or just text him the question mid-month, even though it's not time for him to come out and treat the house, and he'll do everything he can to answer my question and get it taken care of.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Terminix comes out quarterly. They usually spray around the outside of the house, take down the web, and that's about it. If I ask them to go and spray in the garage, if I’m home, or in the basement, they will do that, too. They're always very polite. I’m satisfied. I would recommend them.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Mary! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: July 10, 2022

Terminix comes and leaves me pamphlets when they've done their service. I'm overall satisfied.

Original review: July 9, 2022

The techs who come out for service are good. I've had on and off termite activity but they have taken care of it. They've switched treatment plans a couple of times. But in the old days, when it was time for your annual inspection, they would call to make an appointment and remind you about it. Now they just set up random inspection appointments. They don't tell you when they are. All of a sudden, you get a message that the Terminix technician is on the way to your house. This is the third year that they've done that. I'm like, "What? I'm not there. So you can do the outside, but you can't do the inside.”

Terminix response

Thank you, Nadine! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I had them do a termite check and I didn't have any. But I had them install pods around the house for protection and that's $89 a month. They come out yearly on that. Also, they encapsulated my crawlspace and put in the dehumidifier. But it's not working. I've called them three times to check things and they haven't been very efficient doing it. Every one of the contractors who have come out has been very nice. I like Terminix and their products. But I can't get anybody to call me back and tell me, "Okay, we'll be here in three weeks". I can't get any service.

Terminix response

Hello Linda, we sincerely apologize for your experience with your service! We appreciate your feedback and would like to make things right. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: July 7, 2022

We have a spider problem. They come on a regular basis every three months and therefore, I don't have big problems at home. The technician is super nice. And what I like about it this lately is in the past couple of years, I always have the same technician coming. It's nice that not a new person comes every time. He knows what to look at and what to do. I'm very satisfied with this specific technician.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Leena! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: July 6, 2022

My experience has been good. They come out once every six months to check and replace things. Since using them, I haven't seen any more termites. I highly recommend them.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Millie! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 5, 2022

We had problems with termites, and I called Terminix. I wanted to get somebody out right away and they came right away. I've had good results, and everything's been fine. The techs haven't been here recently, but there's one guy that comes to spray for mosquitoes and another one that sprays around the house, checks the termite bait stations and sprays and cleans around the soffits to make sure there are no bees starting to build homes. If my friends had problems, I'd suggest they call Terminix.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Elizabeth! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 4, 2022

Terminix gives me a monthly service and a mosquito treatment in the summer, and I've been very pleased. The customer service and technicians are great, service is fantastic, and I'm more than satisfied. I give them an A-plus.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Dennis! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: July 3, 2022

We had some termites in the house, and the tech's great when he comes out here. Everything's been fine so far.

Terminix response

Thank you, Rose-Marie! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I've been with the company for 35 years. I get an inspection once a year, and in the entire time that I've been with them, I've had one suspicious incident. A few years ago, I thought I had a termite swarm in the yard, and they came and re-treated the area in the back. It was a pretty good response, but the technician wasn't very nice. I should have known that it was not termites though. Most of the techs have been pretty nice. Unfortunately, Terminix is doing what a lot of other companies are doing. When you have a service call, they try to show you another product and while it may suit a lot of other folks, it didn't suit me.

One other thing that has been a thorn is that, over the last few years at least, they make the appointment somewhere else. It's not made by the local Terminix guy or by me. Nobody even consults me. I just get a Terminix guy that shows up and says, "Well, you were scheduled." I say, "Well, I don't know who scheduled me." There was a time or two when I've held a line and just said, "I don't have time for this right now," just to make them come back. That's not good customer relations. Whoever makes the appointment should at least call and say, "Does next Monday or next month suit you?"

Terminix response

Thank you, Robert! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Worst company EVER, they will take your money and when is a problem on their end or a mistake on their part they will tell you the generic script, "Sorry for any inconvenience but we will get back with you in 3-5 business day". But by then is too late. There is no communication between the call center notes, branch manager/supervisor notes. They will tell you 1 thing and the next day is something else. Lost money and days off with this company whit no fault on my end but I'm paying the price. I guess branch supervisor/manager is too busy to fix the mistake or answer when your on employees call you to fix the issues right there.

I doubt that I will get any answer back. I can be contact at **.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Our experience with Terminix has been a good one. We've been longtime customers and we've not had any major issues. If there's anything that I think warrants their attention, they address it. We've had different people over the years, but in general, they've done a good job for us and were receptive to whatever kind of input we have. If I've got a question, they've been good about answering it and providing guidance and advice. They've always been thorough as well. So, I've been pleased.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, William! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 30, 2022

We had ants, and the rep came over to provide treatment in the house. He explained what he was doing after I asked him a few questions. He was putting in something that we had not seen before in the past during the season. It was different from what we expected the last several years, but he was able to explain how that was different. Our interaction was good. Still, Terminix should let the consumer know exactly what the house is being treated with. We know what it does, but it'd be helpful to know what kind of chemicals are being used. It's the exact same treatment, but one technician will tell you that it's okay to go down in the basement after the treatment, and another one will say, "Please do not go down there for the next half hour or hour."

The scheduling and the billing are quarterly, so I can easily cancel or reschedule. That's helpful to have, to be able to manage online or call in-person. They're also really great about calling to let people know that they're on their way, which I appreciate as well since I'm rarely home. However, the cost is a little pricey and I'm gonna stop because it worked up until recently. In the past, when they came in, we didn't see ants afterwards until the next installment. Whereas this year, we've seen ants in-between the different treatments. We've had to call them back and apply additional treatments.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Roselys! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 29, 2022

We had some insects coming in, and our neighbor across the street had one of Terminix's technicians who comes over four times a year. We talked to our neighbor, and they said that they don't have that issue anymore. We decided to try it, and it was easy to set up an appointment. We've had one treatment so far and it's good. The tech was very professional, friendly and I didn't have any issues. It's early, but I would definitely recommend Terminix to somebody else.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Joanne! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Terminix came around and routinely filled the termite containers around the outside of the house. We've had squirrels in the attic and mice in the basement. Terminix has been understaffed. So they've, had some trouble responding to our calls. I called several people and we finally got somebody out there. He went in a couple of times and put some metal across and screwed it down. It took three times to do it and he got it finished. He seemed polite and went about his work right.

Terminix response

Keith, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Most of the services I’ve received from Terminix, the technician would come by and apply a treatment to the outside of the home. They would use a brush, or broom, or apparatus to brush away any type of spiderwebs, or anything else that looks like critters could be in that particular area. The communication I've had with Terminix is for the service technician to spray the outside of the home if I am not there. And because I have cameras around my house, I see them when they show up, as they perform their service, and when they leave. I’ve been satisfied thus far. Recently, I let someone stay at my home. After a while, I came back and found out that they were not taking care of my house. I had to get the person out of my house and fumigate it. After two treatments, there were no more pests.

Terminix response

Original review: June 20, 2022

Terminix has been steadily a great product. They have helped us in the past. They are going to help us in the future.

Terminix response

Thank you, John! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Corporate-wise, there are little challenges there. For example, it took us six months to get somebody to come out and do the termite inspection, and start our procedure for making sure we won't ever have termites. But once we got an actual Terminix guy there, he did anything I needed and helped me out in any way, shape, or form. The team is very knowledgeable and willing to do whatever you need.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Martin! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 18, 2022

I like my Terminix people. The tech who comes out has done our house and my daughter's condos for over 20 years and he is top-notch. He does everything and tells me everything. Terminix is a quality company.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Roxanne! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 17, 2022

Terminix put in outside termite bait things. It was something that they added to the contract with no charge.

Terminix response

Thank you, Bobbye! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Terminix came and did the service that they do. They go around, and they spray for bugs. They found some beehives on the second story of my house. They came back two days later and removed them. They're always very friendly and let me know when they're coming. I've had them for many years and the service is very good.

Terminix response

Thank you, Geri! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The technician that comes in here is great. He comes every three months for around the house and sometimes inside if I need it. He does what he has to do and since we got the service, we've been having less roaches.

Terminix response

Thank you, Rosalia! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We had Terminix do a service for us on our previous house. They installed some termite hotels and we were happy with how that all turned out. We got them again for our new house and so far, they've done a good job. We'd get an email that tells me when the tech is coming. We live in a gated community and he’s got the code. But he gives us a call about the time he gets to the gate or when he’s getting close. We also get an alert that he's going to be there soon.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Wendell! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 13, 2022

I have a great experience with Terminix and recommended them many people. The technician is a 10 on a scale of 10. He's a very caring guy. He lets me know when he's coming, when he's going, and what he does.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Philip! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 13, 2022

I'm into a program that sends the techs out about four times a year. So far, Terminix has been very accommodating and they've been out three times. I had a little trouble with the first tech but I called up Terminix and told them what the challenge was. They said not to worry about it, they'd have somebody out here right away, and there wouldn't be any charge for it. Since the service, I've got good results on my lawn.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Roger! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 12, 2022

My services with Terminix are scheduled quarterly. The man that comes out calls and tells me a date to see if it’s okay to come. He shows up within the time period given and does whatever he does. Also, I get an email from him that shows exactly what he did and he takes pictures.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Linda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville