2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

4.1/5 (346 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
    • Wide range of services
    • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
    • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

On July 31st, a tech claims that she came to our home, but was a no show! The tech decides to write up a fraudulent claim so they could collect our $74 charge. To this day, they will not return our calls, nor refund us our money! Between countless calls and emails, they will not resolve this for us! No wonder they were recently sued for bad business practices! Stay away from them, before you become a victim of fraud too!!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Terminix usually gives us a heads up the day before they're coming. It's usually the same technician. If they change, get reassigned, or if they leave, we still get a heads up. The day before, they call and introduce or reintroduce themselves and say what time they’re going to come in the morning, and they're on time. They do the stuff outside and so as long as we don’t have termites, then they're doing their job. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Katherine! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I used Terminix a couple of months ago and it was a one-time roach spray. They never followed up with me which was kind of weird. They could have followed up with me a week or two later to make sure everything was fine and under control but they didn't. Other than that, their tech John was very nice and professional. The pests are gone but I think it was due to a leaky pipe we fixed as well.

Terminix response

Thank you, Bernadette B! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

We were having bugs around the house and ants in the soil. Terminix kept them away from the foundation. We also had hornets and they took care of that with powder. I'm pleased with Terminix. The service is good. The techs are professional and polite.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Sanford! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

In June 2021, I contacted Terminix to service my new house for bedbugs that I discovered after due diligence. The manager, Mr. **, a seemingly nice man at the time, came to service my home. I explained that I had a bed bug problem. I told him that I had 2 months to get rid of them before I moved into my house. This was plenty of time to get the treatment done. He told me if the bed bugs are not removed, all I had to do was call in a week or two and they would come back. I called at least 10 to 20 times two weeks after the initial treatment. No one showed up--even after a month. I called and called. Finally, Mr. ** finally answered the phone. He said he would be there that Monday. He offered no apologies and still has not. He never showed up. I called and explained that if I don't hear back I would get another company. They never called back.

Now they want me to pay a $1300 bill. See once I sign the paper they are claiming I'm stuck and at their mercy. Even if they lie. They never stated that they could not promise that they could not get the job done in the allotted time. I understand there may need to be multiple treatments, but Terminix didn't even try. But now that I'm filing complaints, Mr. ** has plenty of time to contact me about paying the bill. This is abuse and taking advantage of people because you think he can hold them hostage. Despite my numerous calls, they never attempted to reschedule not even once. Even when he failed to come on the date he said he was coming. ** simply did not care.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Terminix comes every three months. They'll call and text me. If I'm unavailable, I can reschedule or the techs can just do the perimeter. The only problem I’ve ever had was with the people on the phone when I call. There's a little bit of a disconnect between, the consumer, the technician, and the home office people. When I called about my issue with the houseflies, I got the runaround from the inspector guys as far as them coming back to do something. And then I was informed that they didn't handle houseflies. I was like, “Are you kidding? Aren’t they one of the most common pests?” I haven’t talked to my inspector or the technician but I’m sure when I talk to him, he’ll do something for me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

John, Terminix's tech does our quarterly service and his work is always excellent. He always checks in and gives us an update on what he finds. In addition, we deal with Robert who does our termite inspection. He does a nice job. The other gentleman who did the other project with the beetle borer bug did an excellent job as well.

Terminix response

Thank you, Shon! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

When they come, they call before they arrive because we have a pet and when they arrive, they inform me what they're going to do, what's the process, and if I had any questions or issues going on in the house at the time. Then, when they're done, they come back and they say they finished the job. They ask if I have any questions and inform me if they found any issues. I sign out if I agree with everything that was stated. The service has been excellent. I haven't found any pests or termites or anything like that.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer! -Arande'

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Terminix comes out when we request and it’s usually every six months, no longer than a year. Scheduling with them has been very good and the manager of the local Terminix location has been accessible to our request. The service has been professional and what we’ve asked of them. They usually do termite inspection, check termite traps, termite bait stations and inspect the inside of the house for moisture and some signs of termite. We haven't had any reoccurrence since they came out.

Terminix response

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have been a Terminix customer for more than 10 years and I feel like they scammed me. I had elite coverage and a corner of my house nearly collapsed due to active ant damage. Terminix never noticed even though the ants had probably been active for years. Now they simply do not call back but oddly enough continue to charge me for their useless service. I don't want to cancel or they will wash their hands off the issue. Customer service is completely powerless, they refuse to even put a supervisor on the phone. I wish I could give them 0 stars.

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville