3.8/5 (230 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

In the Fall of 2022, I signed up for the Terminix control of my property. I am in the process of selling my home within the next 60 days. I contacted Terminix to cancel my contract. Open calling and speaking with a representative. I was told in order to cancel; it would cost me $1000.00 to do this. So now I'm forced to maintain a contract at $100.00 a month on property that I am no longer occupying. I would NOT recommend TERMIX!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Terminix has been very good in explaining things and when the next service is. They've been doing a good job with it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Anthony! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I just had a claim against Terminix for damage to my home. They made it right. They paid for having everything fixed and did a really heavy treatment for the termites. So, I was satisfied with what they did and they had some good contractors. My local pest control guy has been really good. He's very, very nice and will come back. If I call him, if there's a problem after he's been there, he comes right back and takes care of me.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Denise! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I've been with Terminix for eight years now. They're reputable and dependable. They came for my annual inspection and they were very professional, did their job, got in, got out, explained to me what they were doing and sent me an email after for follow-up. However, the most recent one wasn't scheduled. The tech just showed up and I didn't know if he was coming. I just happened to be home. But he did a good job.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Donald! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

We called our regular guy, and he discovered some evidence of termites, so he got a termite specialist to come right away. This afternoon, they're coming to spray that area to get rid of the termites. They were super prompt, showed up right away, and they're getting the job done. Terminix has done a great job so far, and we've been super satisfied with Michael, the fellow that comes in and does our regular service calls throughout the year. He's been a great guy and he is always available when we need him and very knowledgeable. It's a wonderful service.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Karl! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Terminix comes out once every three months, then they look and spray. Occasionally, one or two pests get by, but other than that, the pest activity has been good. I'd ask friends what their situation is, then let them know about Terminix.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Bryan! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We've been using Terminix for a long time. Every three months they come out and spray for bugs and spiders, then once a year, I have their termite protection plan. The technician that comes out every three months is absolutely wonderful, and the pest activity has been great. We'll get a few spiders here and there, and if we do, I call him and he comes out and re-sprays.

Terminix response

Thank you, Darlene! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Terminix comes every three months, and the most recent visit was a good experience. They checked everything and did everything they were supposed to do all around the house, including the windows, the doors and the property. It was great. I've already told people that I would recommend them.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gwyn! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We had some rats in the basement, and the tech put some traps out, which took care of that. Our interaction was good. She was very thorough, knowledgeable and professional about what she did. She was very cordial and accommodating too. So, I was pleased. We've had Terminix for years, and the service has been very consistent. That’s the reason we stayed, and I'd tell people to go with them.

Terminix response

Thank you, Bill! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We have a contract set up with Terminix where they come out quarterly. I'm very pleased with them.

Terminix response

Thank you, Pamela! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I've been with Terminix with two homes now, and I wouldn’t have the service if it wasn't top-notch. What I enjoy about Terminix is the technician always gives us a text the day before to remind us of the appointment. If we have any special request outside of what's included in the quarterly service, which is usually just the exterior of the home, we can just text that over and they take care of it. Yesterday, our quarterly service took place, and I asked for the interior to be serviced as well because we moved into this home just two months ago. I wanted an interior service again near all water sources and they took care of that for us.

The appointment’s automatically scheduled but if I need to adjust that quarterly service, I can adjust it easily on the app. Outside the automated quarterly services, if you need an additional service, you just schedule a follow-up on the app for an available date and they come out in addition to the quarterly service. It's not an additional charge. So if you're noticing activity in between the three months, you can schedule a follow-up any time.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Cory! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Terminix is very responsive. They follow up with texts and phone calls. Also, they're prompt. They always tell me exactly what's going on and if they would be late or when they were coming. So, I can always rely on their schedule and they keep it. I'm very satisfied with the service. I will highly recommend them.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback,Arturo! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I had a good experience with Terminix. Usually, they call me a few days before they're gonna arrive, so I try to be there.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Gonzalo! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Our experience with them has been good. It's been easy to schedule with them and they've been on time. The techs are helpful and they explain what they're doing.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Michael ! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

Terminix has scammed a senior citizen-me-and they refuse to correct their error. They are saying I signed a contract that I was not aware I was signing due to misrepresentation of what the details of a requested service were. I paid a receipt for a one-time service only, and they say I signed up for a several-year contract that I owe money on now. The manager at the office that is responsible for this deceit is rude and refuses to listen and deal with this issue. The service person who did not represent what I was signing for correctly is silent. I would swear on a Bible in court that I was deceived and did not sign up for this "contract". I expected what I told the service person what I wanted to be what I was signing for. I fear GOD more than anyone on this earth, so I would not lie. I am on a fixed income, and Terminix would rather cheat and cause stress for an elderly person with health issues than do the right thing.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

In addition to poor communication this company now provides little to no service. As a customer for over 45 years and 3 generations, we currently have received the worst service including criticizing my wife and not responding to multiple service calls. When an appointment was set up with little customer notice, the technician went ahead and sprayed outside and asked to enter even though we canceled the appointment. And the branch management wouldn't return calls. Say blaming each other without getting back to me.

Regarding minor termite damage - the tech arranged a carpentry appointment but it was cancelled by the manager who said that the tech had no authority to do so. At one point while I was on the phone with the call center, the tech asked if the carpentry was completed. He had no idea what his manager was doing (cancelling?). The manager had to see the damage and said he would respond in 1-1.5 weeks. It's been nearly 3 weeks since his visit that included his tech sitting in my driveway for over 2 hours waiting for him. Multiple calls have been placed complaining about the branch and no one in management returns calls although I am repeatedly told that there is a 24-48 hour call back policy. Do not use this company or at least this branch in southeast Pennsylvania.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Terminix calls and asks if they can come on a certain day. And we agree or disagree. If we disagree, we can find another day. But they always call and see if they can come over at a certain time and day. They were here the other day. The lady knocked on the door politely and asked if she doesn't have to come in the house and just spray the outside. That was nice of her. They did a good job. I would recommend them to anyone.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Edward! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

I was in the middle of a refi on my mortgage and needed a pest inspection. The inspector for Terminix was professional, on time and knew what he was doing. It turned out we needed a heat treatment for dry wood termites. We scheduled the treatment and the treatment went well. After is when the trouble started. I needed a completion statement from Terminix for the refi company. I called the day after and was promised I would have it by noon, didn't come. Waited till the next day and called again and was told that the inspector wasn't available and the manager of the local office went home sick but he would have his assistant send me what I needed. Waited all day didn't come.

Called back in the afternoon and was told that they sent the manager an email with my request. Now I have to wait till Monday. Monday morning I call and the call center rep speaks to the manager and tells me he is at his desk and will send it promptly. This paperwork is all I need to complete the refi. I wait 1/2 hour and still nothing. so I call back. I am irate now as it seems I have been lied to for 3 days. I get a different rep and I ask to connected with either her supervisor or the branch managers' supervisor. She tells me repeatedly that she can't do that. I explain to her what I have gone through over the last 3 days and that I'm not hanging up till I get what I need. She tells me that she has assisted me all she can, and I again tell her that I'm not hanging up till I get what I called about.

We sit on the phone for 1/2 hour with no progress. I can't believe that they have no way to deal with an irate customer. Finally she transfers me to the branch manager that she spoke to (I knew she could do that as I had talked with him the previous Thursday). He tells me that he has repeatedly told them to transfer customers or give them his phone number and email. He tells me he is sending an email that will show me completion of the treatment. What I got was an invoice. I tell him that won't do and I need to send something to the mortgage company that tells them I had the heat treatment done. He tells me they don't have a standard form and will have to create something. I give him the benefit of the doubt and hang up. 10 minutes later he calls me back and sends me an email with what I signed the day of the treatment that says the work was completed to my satisfaction.

I hope that this is acceptable as proof of treatment to the refi company or I need to start this all over again. I asked him if I was the first customer that needed something like this and he said that for other treatments they have something but not for heat treatments. I find that hard to believe, but hopefully what he sent will be enough. Their call center leaves much to be desired and were no help in this matter at all.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I tried Terminix and it worked 100%. I've had an excellent experience. They would keep coming back to spray all the way until the next spray, three months later. That's justifying the $229 cost. There is no difficulty reaching customer service and their representative was thorough. I asked a couple of detailed questions that I thought he would freak out about. But he acted normal and answered them with the correct answers on the phone. He was a decent guy.

Call Terminix and they would get somebody out. The guy that came out for me was above average, professional, and very good. I haven't seen one problem after the service. The only thing about Terminix is it's expensive. I'd go out and pay $50 worth of bug stuff at the Home Depot than pay 229. But I didn't do any research and I wasn't paying attention. I thought it was 129. But I guess that's the going rate.

Terminix response

This is excellent news to hear, Brian. Thank you for your kind words. We hope you have a great day! -Arande'

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

We're happy with the service. It's on a three-month basis. The tech just calls and says he would be by. He did a good job.

Terminix response

Great feedback,Glen! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

The Terminix tech we had initially was great. We were sad to see him leave. But we went through a hit and miss for a while with different people. But we've had Zach now for a long time. He's the best. Zach would text me, "I'll be there in such and such day." And I would say, "Okay, I'll be home." And if I'm not home, that's fine. He does the same. My husband and I laughed because I always send a glowing report. And I was like, "Oh, my God. He's probably gonna get promoted and then we won't have him anymore." Which is good for him, but sad for us. Pest activity went down to zero even in our bigger home.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Terminix sends me a reminder once every two months and every two or three months, someone comes out. It’s pretty routine. We've had two different techs so far. When one was on vacation, somebody else came in his place. They were just as friendly and very courteous. They didn't go into my backyard without my permission. One of the techs has been coming here for maybe six months and he actually knows the property now. He always asked if I needed anything extra or special.

When I first moved in, there was just a tremendous amount of pests. Our whole house is outlined by these massive trees and bushes so they're perfect for pests to hang out in. The routine maintenance from Terminix has been very helpful. The service has been good and it's actually working. I've actually seen improvement in my issue with spiders. The pest activity has decreased significantly.

Terminix response

Thank you, Afshin! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I contacted Terminix for a termite problem. They are responsive and they schedule treatments on a periodic basis. Their techs come on schedule. The cost is a little higher but they do a good job.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Reginald! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Scheduling service with Terminix was easy and their techs were always positive. They let me know when they were coming and they always sent me a text about what they did. Terminix is great and that's why I keep them. They fixed my termite problem and my outdoor carpenter ants. I haven't had a problem since they've been servicing me.

Terminix response

Maria, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new service!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Paid for a year in advance, service started and billed on January 31. I had to have auto pay they said due to bundle service; insect and termite. At 10 months, they charge my credit card the auto renewal cost. I had no notification that the charge would be earlier that a normal 30 days before end of contract. I did get a thank you for the payment. Hmm. I called and explained all this, but they refused to fix their mistake and called it a “valid charge” even though it was two months before end. The representative even commented that he can see that it was charged early.

I was guided to their website while on the phone and found that the current insect control service is cheaper than my discounted renewal. Hmm. I finally decided that I can do everything that they come to do on my own, at a fraction on the cost and I can include my out buildings, which they would not do. I called to cancel and they had no problem losing a customer. I have learned my lesson. Thank you Terminix for teaching me that you do not value your customers.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Communication with Terminix was great and the same can be said about their techs. We called them back and they came out. Since then, nothing. We're very satisfied.

Terminix response

Arturo, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new service!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

We had cockroaches. We just moved into the house and the upkeep wasn't there. So, there were a couple of things crawling around. We got Terminix and the technician that comes to our home was awesome. He was very practical and helpful.

Terminix response

Thank you, Alisha! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed. -Arande'

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Terminix comes out and does my quarterly service. And everything always goes according to plan. They're always very nice, come to the door, let me know what they're gonna do, get busy, and send me a text when they're completed.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Victor! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I've had Terminix as a vendor for several years and they provide adequate service. I have an ongoing quarterly contract with them where they come out and spray the house for pests. They came out recently and sprayed the yard. Their techs usually text when they're coming. I work from home, so I usually see when they're here. They also text me when they have completed the job. I'm satisfied. I still have pests around but Terminix helps. We have reasonable control of the pests in and around our yard.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

The techs have always been pleasant. When they come to the outside, they always ask if I need anything done inside. They do a good job. I don't have bugs in my house. And I'm happy.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback,Ursula! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville