2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

3.6/5 (245 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests they need to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
    • Wide range of services
    • Satisfaction guarantee

Cons

• Not nationwide
    • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: April 23, 2021

The Terminix team told me what they were gonna do, they came out, and they did it. I'm signed up on a quarterly basis, and they tell me when they're coming out. Their contractors seem to be pretty good to me. The insect level has been going down except for the wasps. A high wasp activity out here has been inherent. If you kill them all, two weeks later, they're all back.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Jon! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: April 17, 2021

I have a termite contract with them. Usually, I get an email and a telephone call when I schedule service. This March, the tech just showed up which was unusual. My contract is up in May and they start billing me in January. But, I would like not to get a bill before March or April. Six months ahead of time is a little early. Also, I usually get a different technician every year. But they're always very professional.

I had a tech one time who wanted to see the attic. That was very strange. Come to find out, he had a side business and that was the reason he wanted to look in the attic, for added insulation to the house. That, I did not appreciate. In over 20 years that I've had this contract, that was the only time anybody asked to go up into the attic. As a whole, Terminix is a company you can rely on. You can expect them to do a good job.

Original review: April 16, 2021

When we had fleas, they were very responsive to our needs to have service between--twice--and helped us understand what we needed to do to get rid of them (sweep at least every other day all over the house). Our person asks what we are seeing and having trouble with and treats for that as well as anticipating what is coming up. I appreciate that. My family also used this company for decades, so we have a very long history. Our service person tries to call ahead to let us know he is coming and see if we will be home. That helps as we are in and out quite a bit these days. I can let him know by phone what we are dealing with so he can cover that. Always respective and pleasant interaction.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Jennifer! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service! -Anchee

Original review: April 16, 2021

I didn't have much luck with local pest control places. I chose Terminix and they've been pretty good since. They only come out quarterly, but they just tell me to call. I usually have one come in between especially during bug seasons and they’re great with it. Now, they hire more experienced people. I get the same person and not keep changing. They also seemed to do a more thorough job, not just throwing the wand all around. The price is a little high, but I’d rather have it done right so I’d just keep them.

Terminix response

Thank you, Bill! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 15, 2021

The tech came out for bedbugs. He was cordial and sweet. I could talk to him and he was just very pleasant. He was excellent. Everything came out okay.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer! -Anchee

Original review: April 14, 2021

I love every time Terminix comes. The tech that they send is very thorough and very good. My bug issue has decreased extremely much. I'm very grateful with the products that they use, that they're using the right things to make sure that our situation is getting better. Everything about them is pretty awesome. I'm gonna definitely keep using them.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Stacey! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: April 11, 2021

In preparation to sell my mother’s home I needed termite inspection and mouse exclusion due to indication of prior mouse activity. The inspector did a thorough job and made recommendations based on photos and findings and offered several options including full service for both with a one year warranty transferable to the new buyer. Terminix was quick and responsive and did a thorough job. Thank you!

Terminix response

Thank you,Eric! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 10, 2021

The guy that comes is usually the same one. He is a real friendly and nice guy. He goes all over everywhere and check and then doing stuff, and spraying outside. So everything’s good. Terminix would call us and tell me they will come out and do a yearly thing to go around and check stuff, and spray what needs to be sprayed in the yard. They're doing so well with it. I'm very satisfied with them. They know what to do and they get out. They're not here that long and the big thing is I have no trouble with pests inside or out.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Allen! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: April 9, 2021

I've been using Terminix for five years now and they always communicate very well. My experience has always been very positive. I'm on a plan and I get quarterly service. Every three months or so, they call me to schedule an appointment and let me know when they’re gonna come out. They pretty much drive the ship. I tend to forget but they keep me on track. The technician that normally comes to my house has been doing my house for several years and we developed a first name basis relationship. I trust the guy to come do his job when I'm at work. He always lets me know before he comes, when he gets here, and when he leaves. I’d definitely recommend Terminix. The quality is top-notch.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Ryan! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: April 8, 2021

Please avoid Terminix, I surprised this company is still in business. The branch in Gaithersburg Maryland scammed me by alleging that there were mice in our house and charged us over $1100 to exterminate the mouse. When I found we were covered under our home warranty, I asked to be taken out of the contract and disputed the bill. They found my American Express card from an old transaction and charged the disputed bill to that account. This criminal act in the age of the Covid 19 pandemic was traumatizing. Terminix agreed to refund me the money save for $200 but the manager reneged on that settlement and gave me much less. I have since found out that Terminix has a horrible reputation. It is my goal to ensure that no one goes through the hell that My family went through in the hands of Terminix. Do not use them!

Terminix Company Information

1927
    6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
    Jacksonville