4.2/5 (326 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Well here we go. Had a slummy looking sales guy come out from Terminix and told me we had termites. He showed me a couple spots that were supposed termite "hot spots". He sold me a package of service care and told me that if I wasn't happy with the service provided that I could get a refund with no cancelation fee (all lies). He handed me a tablet with a signature line and did not go over any details with me other than treatment for termites and amount. Then I had a friend come into town that owns a pest control company. My friend said that the spots the Slum Lord Terminix guy showed me had 0 termite signs. My friend also looked at my property and said there is 0 proof of termites. I called to cancel my service agreement because the service was not needed. The manager Kevin, then told me sorry but there is nothing anyone can do and I am just screwed and have to ride the service agreement out. So here we are.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL LIE TO YOUR FACE AND THEN TELL YOU TO DEAL WITH IT. These people are on a whole different level of scam artists. The funny part is, I don't want my money back! I just want to be done paying a monthly premium for a service that has no value to me. Kevin I hope that the $500 I will pay you over the next 9 months for 0 product is worth a bad review on every social media. Save your time and money and call a different pest control company. These people are scam artists.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

We've had Terminix for about two years now and they've been very good. I've had several technicians, each one is excellent. They have certainly gone above and beyond anything I expected. I have the exclusion contract with them and they have responded to all my calls. I've been very satisfied with them.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Edward! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Terry came out and did a great job of going over all the services they provide. He was very thorough and really knows his stuff. Also on time, efficient and professional. I enjoyed talking with him and having him answer my questions.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Tommy! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Terminix usually comes out quarterly to do a spraying around the house and around the deck. The technician has been great. We have boring bees and they were able to pretty much take care of that. I'd recommend Terminix. They do a really good job.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Marsha! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

We had a lot of problems and their service seems to work.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gary! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I use Terminix most of the summer for mosquitoes and they handle that well. Then I started getting some beetle bugs around the house. I called them back and they've serviced the house since then. We do it monthly. Scheduling has been done online so that makes it easier for me. Their service has been great. The techs have also been very professional and nice. Their cost seemed reasonable to me too.

Terminix response

Thank you,Dal! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

The tech that comes out is great. He texts me to let me know when he's coming and if I'm not home, he texts me to let me know what he did and asks if I need any extra services. One complaint I have with Terminix is that they send a bill without a date on it and it always just says, “Pay on receipt.” It confuses me how much I'm paying them a month but it seems like a lot. And for the money, one should get a little more than spraying around. I have a couple of places where we have termites. It bothers me slightly that they have to do a full tent to get rid of a little spot place. It would be nice if they would drill a hole and drip stuffing in it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Beverly! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I have two locations and we had a problem with getting confused between the two locations since this is a new account. We had a mix-up between who the contact is. It's my email but my wife's phone on one of them, so that's where we got confused. But scheduling is normally really easy. One is set up to be quarterly and they just send me a message saying they're going to come out on this date. Also, we have the option to call and have them come out at any point if we need something and they've been real good about letting me know that. I've called them one time and resolved it without them ever actually coming out.

The techs have been very helpful, as well. They've even gone above and beyond what I told them some issues. They went out and put stuff to deal with ants that were on the property, not on the house. They've also been super at our other house in Gainesville. The technician there has been with the company for a long time and he's very vocal about making sure you know what he's doing and getting back with us to say, “Thank you.” Another guy does something to do with fleas but both have been very open to listening to my concerns and doing anything.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Richard! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

The Terminix guy was very polite, courteous, and helpful. After the first treatment, the roaches started dying majorly fast, which is a good thing.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Meredith! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

The technician was so good that I was thrilled. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm so happy with Terminix. I had mice and carpenter ants or bees but not anymore.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Lynne! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

The Terminix techs that usually come out have been excellent. They're efficient and thorough. I'd recommend it for future services.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Lucius! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Terminix was the closest and easiest ones to get in contact with. They blocked everything for any rodent to get in the house and secured everything. So, we won't have rodent problems anymore. So far, it's been good. We haven't had any rodents inside the house.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Daniel! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

They put on a facade of being one big company when they sell you products, but then hide behind "Franchises" local managers" "sales staff" and "other department" when you need assistance. I spent endless calls and efforts trying to cancel an old service at a house I sold, and to start the new home. Months later, I was still being billed for services at the old house, and became the recipient of endless excuses .... such as "I will email the managers for those accounts" or "we will try to get a different department to look at it" - but they are not answering. Do yourself a favor, since bug control is not rocket science, and hire a local entity with a proven presence in the neighborhood.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

We've been with Terminix for quite a few years and the girl that has been coming the last few times has been great. She is polite and informative, tells us what she's going to do and the results.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Elsie! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

The techs from Terminix come out every three months and they spray around the outside. For termites, they come out once a year. I had another service in Georgia and the guy came out every three months. Whoever comes out is always very nice and since having Terminix, I haven’t seen pest activity in the house at all. The bill keeps changing though, which is weird. I got an email saying that we need to renegotiate the contract and that should have been in September, not December.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

We have routine maintenance with Terminix. I live in Florida so we’re buggy down here and whatever they do on the outside, we don't have any bugs inside. Their treatments have been very effective for our needs. The techs usually send a text message that they're coming and when they're on the way as well as about what they've done. Then, they text the bill. They're very good in communication.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Betty! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Samantha, the rep, was good for the most part. She did the parameter inside and outside of the house. All the communication was very helpful. She's going to come back and check on ants and help us take care of that, but I wish after that, there would be nothing. Terminix could be a little bit more thorough but they were prompt and on time. They communicate with you openly about everything that they’re doing at your house. With Samantha, she’ll answer your questions if you have any.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Marcel! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

The workers from Terminix all did a great job and even the people I've had on the line on the telephone and computer follow ups have all been good. Everybody from Derek to Dan to Brad and Harley have been good work because they stayed about four and a half hours. They completed all that they did and then, they reviewed it with me. They did a walk around for most of it though I'm not able to get all the way around the house. Everybody has been very helpful. There's one less rat in the bunch in the last week and a half. The guy got him. I saw one result although I'm sure others are elsewhere in the house or basement or underground.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Taylor! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

It was easy to get scheduled with Terminix. The technician that came was really nice and funny. He did what he had to do. He sprayed specific spots in each room.

Terminix response

Thank you, Alyssa! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I like the automatic nature of the service of Terminix. They come and do it on a regular schedule. They do very well. I’m happy. They also always text me when they're about to do this thing. When I first moved into the house 10 years ago, I had a bunch of ants that always get in the house. I tried to bait it myself and it never worked. I hired Terminix, haven’t had ants since. I’m getting what I’m paying for.

Terminix response

Thank you, Toby! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

At a minimum, they come quarterly, for pest control. Occasionally, they'll come out if there's a need. They do a great job. They're timely. They call before they come over. They let me know the day before or two days before they’re coming. Very happy with Terminix.

Terminix response

We are delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

The Terminix tech that comes seems to be very thorough and knowledgeable. He answers any questions that we have and seems concerned about any problem. We've been very pleased with him. We're satisfied with the service that we're getting.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Terry! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

They come every two months and spray around the house. They're supposed to dust the webbings off of the eaves. They're good. They text me before they come. They're open if I have to change, or cancel, or move stuff around. The pest activity has been good since then. It's never going to be 100%, but definitely closer to 90%.

Terminix response

Lesli, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We are happy that you are enjoying your new service!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I'm satisfied with Terminix. I've had them for almost 20 years now living here. The tech that comes out treats ants. He's very courteous and prompt. He calls prior to the day of arrival and calls the day of arrival when he's showing up. Lets me know when he's done with another phone call, so it’s all contactless.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Andrew! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was calling Terminix because I was having some issues, and nobody called me back a couple of times. So, I canceled. They came out for the initial service. Then I had seen some spiders and some other things that I didn't recognize. I had called around midnight and they said, “The representative will call you back the next day. He can come out the following day.” But he would call me and schedule and nobody called. I called a couple of days after that. They said they would give them the message and have someone call me back. Nobody called me back. The initial service was good, but the follow up sucked.

Terminix response

Carlea, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Scheduling my service with Terminix was very quick. Weeks ago, they came out and it was very good and pleasant.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Aileen! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Have trouble with ants and always look forward to a visit from their techs. Very effective, professional and friendly. Always recommend them to my friends and family. This is a great company with effective products.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Donald! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We've been using Terminix for years and they're dependable. They come and we have them spray for the pest control every three months. Then we have the termite inspection done once a year. Our tech is retiring by the end of this year and I don't know how it'll be after he leaves. He’d be here every three months like he said and he sprayed pretty thoroughly. We have a storage room that he sprays in, too. He does a good jo and I'm sure when we get somebody new they'll do a great job, too.

Terminix response

Thank you, Kay! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Technicians come out to service for rodents and pests every once in a while and they are quite professional. Sometimes we see some pests fairly frequently. When this happens, we call back and ask for somebody to come back out again. I'm on Hawaii Island and I always receive Terminix emails for all sorts of information stating the services they offer. For instance, there was gutter cleaning. But when I called Terminix about that extra service, they said it was not available on the island. Terminix offers nationwide service but it sounds like there's a much narrower suite of services available here. Other than that, everything else is fine.

Terminix response

Thank you, John! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Terminix came by pretty much a little early, and did what they needed to do and left. We had some ants going on in the kitchen. So, they came in and took care of the ants. So far, so good. We have them out every other month as the standard routine, but with our service plan, if we see something, they come out at no additional charge as part of the package. I’m very satisfied. The technician does a great job and knows what he’s doing.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gillis! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville