3.9/5 (251 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: June 13, 2022

I'm into a program that sends the techs out about four times a year. So far, Terminix has been very accommodating and they've been out three times. I had a little trouble with the first tech but I called up Terminix and told them what the challenge was. They said not to worry about it, they'd have somebody out here right away, and there wouldn't be any charge for it. Since the service, I've got good results on my lawn.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Roger! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 12, 2022

My services with Terminix are scheduled quarterly. The man that comes out calls and tells me a date to see if it’s okay to come. He shows up within the time period given and does whatever he does. Also, I get an email from him that shows exactly what he did and he takes pictures.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Linda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 12, 2022

Terminix has done a good job over the years. Their price is reasonable and they have been responsive when we have needed them. One of the technicians that comes out calls a few days ahead, tells me I'm on the schedule and asks if it's alright if they come out. The technicians do an adequate job. We also have the exclusion policy, and on this last visit, the termite guy found a couple spots and had the exclusion technicians come out and fix them a couple days later. He went above and beyond just looking for the termites.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Mark! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 11, 2022

I've had very positive experiences with Terminix and my serviceman, Robert, is excellent. I'm not a fan of those big cockroaches that run in the summer, so I pay for the service once a month to make sure that if they did get in under my door, they're dying. I always request Robert and when he's on vacation or unable to come, I've always had techs who were respectful. They listened and they did their jobs. I've been with Terminix for a long time and I have recommended them to two others.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Darlene! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 11, 2022

I contacted Terminix for servicing for ants. I have to call every time, and I have to wait for them to call me back to make an appointment. I wish they would just let me do a virtual appointment instead of having to call them every time. Also, the technicians are great, except for some things they want, like visible proof before they treat anything. But they have definitely helped the problems with the bugs. I would recommend them, especially if people have severe issues with termites. They're one of the best regarding termite service, or if the home hasn’t been treated in a long time and people are moving in. They have better quality product.

Terminix response

Thank you, Ileana! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 10, 2022

When the guy came, he was very nice, and checked all the bait boxes, and got some replaced. He also put in a couple of extras that should have been there in the first place. We were satisfied with what he did. When Terminix first put up the bait boxes, the rats almost completely went away and then, we started seeing them not too long again. But whenever Terminix was here doing the termites, they put some more bait and everything in them for us. We were always happy with them.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Mandi! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 10, 2022

Terminix's service has been reliable. I had them take care of some bee issues in an old house. I stuck with the same company and so far, the service is great. They text me when they're getting ready to show up. The communication is great with the service tech.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Christy! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 9, 2022

February 18/2022 I paid $3201.00 for Formosa and subterranean termite tenting extermination. Two months later 4/22/22 my repair man found live Formosan termites continuing to damage my home. Terminix was notified, The house needs to be re- tented for the inadequate service rendered in February. I spent every several days calling about the tenting service with no response about scheduling.

5/9/22 I found live Formosan termites in my bedroom And bathroom and extensive termite damage to my Soffits where they continue to feed on my home. I was told the tenting process could Not have been properly applied. I was told my house would be re tented. I have been calling and leaving messages everyday to get scheduled for the tenting service. No one is calling me about a tenting Appointment. All I am told is that the managers know about it and will Call you tomorrow, It never Happens. Empty promises - not responding. I have been waiting for tenting appointment since 4/22/22. Very poor company.

Terminix response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Jodi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have escalated your concerns to the local management team for follow up. Someone will be reaching out soon. -Arande'

Original review: June 9, 2022

We had a guy spray for bugs around the outside of the house and he did a really good job.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Michael! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: June 9, 2022

It's the same person that comes out. He treats mostly the outside, but inside when necessary. It's standard and it's fine.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Mrs. Schaefer! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 8, 2022

Had my first visit with Terminix after moving into a new house and they set mouse traps on 5/17, it is now 6/8 and the smell of dead mice is all over my house. I called customer service about bees and ants (put tickets in). No call no show!!! Oh and when the Manager from Levittown called me, he hung up on me after I told him I wanted to cancel my membership. Lovely customer Service!! After calling and wanting to cancel my contract, they told me I would have to pay $1370.16 after paying them up front of $1900. This early term fee is above and beyond what I paid. Advice... Don't pay up front and don't sign a contract (OH BTW, I never got a copy of my contract). This is a scam! I threw out the dead mice myself, removed the beehive from one of my interior doors and sprayed for ants because I can get NO SERVICE FOR $1900!!!!

Original review: June 8, 2022

We love our Terminix guy. His name is Darnell and we usually request him. I don't like that we get assigned random technicians then we have to call and request the one we prefer. Maybe we're a little bit spoiled by Darnell but when you're talking about your home and people being around and you've got animals, it is nice to have somebody that you have a relationship with instead of just random people every month.

He has been with Terminix for a long time and it's rare for technicians to stay with a company, so, that's telling. We've had a couple of other technicians, who were fine, but Darnell goes above and beyond to make sure that we're taken care of. There's the typical maintenance on the perimeter of the house and he would come and make sure that that would be taken care of. Then he would check in with us on our next application if he needs to come back in and re-treat anything. This house is an old house and there were tenants in the basement who created some of the pest issues with ants, spiders, and roaches. When we moved in, it was a mess. But since we used Terminix, it's been great. We have a couple of spiders, which is totally normal, then we have ants specifically in the spring. And that's about it. Whatever they do, it prevents the issues.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Ami! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 8, 2022

I had an ant problem pop up. I was able to just tell the tech what I needed. He was very responsive. And he was able to bring it out here for me to get my ant problem taken care of.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Joshua! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 7, 2022

We signed a contract with Terminix for termites and pests in general. Most of their techs are friendly but I would not use them again after our contract runs out. They came out two weeks ago to spray because we got ants on the outside and I don't know if they really sprayed. Aside from that, when we first got ahold of them, they talked my husband into something that involved a ridiculous amount of money. They came over and they were supposed to have put in a sump pump underneath the house. At the time, we were remodeling and we had other people working at the house. Somebody let us know that there was no sump pump down there and there was just a bucket.

I called Terminix and they claimed that it was a miscommunication. They said that the guy used that as a temporary fix and was going to come back. We ended up getting it taken care of but I did not like how that transpired because if that other construction worker didn't let us know, I don't think they would have come back to fix it. Also, Terminix claims that they can't treat for spiders and that they can only kill spiders through direct contact. But at my daughter's house where they use another service, they don't have spiders and they got treated for spiders. I'm assuming that if you get treated for insects and stuff the spiders would eat, you would not get spiders.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Terminix came to spray for bees. The guy that came was also supposed to check all the traps outside and inside for mice. He’s not good with that. He told me the inside was fine. There was no reason to touch anything. In the last two years, no one has been in my house to look at my traps inside my house. Also, I just got a letter the other day saying that I need to renew for 100 and some odd dollars before the end of June so that come August, I'm all ready to go again. I don't know what I'm paying for why I'm paying a renewal fee, because I have to pay them every time they come and spray. I'm thinking about cancelling Terminix.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Scheduling service is very convenient and the techs are all great. We've recommended Terminix to our neighbors.

Terminix response

Great feedback, David! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 5, 2022

The service has been good overall, although sometimes I need to have them come back out for a follow-up treatment. Also, scheduling is pretty easy. All I have to do is go on their website and choose the date and they will follow up the day before. The techs have all been great and very knowledgeable.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Thomas! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 4, 2022

I was a little frustrated during the first 48 hours because I started to see bugs. Then I started seeing the big palmetto bugs after Terminix came out to spray. But everything was well since the service. I am gonna request the gentleman to come back out next time. He was a very people person. He really represented the company well. I'm very happy with Terminix at this point. I got an email from Terminix the day after the guy came out. It was an email soliciting my business with a $50 activation code. So I was kinda disappointed. I reached out to them and they didn't even offer me anything as a new customer. So I called and they still credited me the $50. I was very happy.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Shaye! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 4, 2022

Terminix sends staff all the time to get mosquitoes down or get the termites checked. I liked the guy in California and thought they'd have a likable guy too, and they do. The tech was a very good guy and put some slippers on to go in the house. He does a very nice job.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Bill! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 3, 2022

They're great with our routine service. They show up on time and they do what we want them to do. They put out food for mice and rats and they tell us if there's been mice and rat activity so we know. It's in a container so dogs don't get to it. So they're great. The guys are friendly and helpful. I had a little outside termite deal and the guy told me how to take care of it myself. So it's good customer service.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Lou! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 3, 2022

The people that come out have been nice. They call us and ask us when we are available. I've had numerous people that come out here in the past, and some were a little bit more thorough than others. The overall is on the plus side as far as how effective they are. They treat any fire ant mounds around the house. They're always willing to explain what they're doing. They do anything that we ask them to do.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Richard! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: June 2, 2022

They are fantastic on service and the people are always polite. What I ask to be taken care of was taken care of, so I'm gonna continue using them. We had a bad infestation and at one time, we had a total of 70 on the glue traps in the garage alone. But as of right now, I have none except for wolf spiders and I'm fine with those.

Terminix response

Thank you, Ronald! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Earlier this year, I purchased some gutter guards along with some of the services from Terminix. They were installed correctly. But I called them back out and they supposedly repaired it and checked for any blockages. I noticed yesterday during the downpour that one section of my gutter, the water was not flowing in the gutter. It was coming over the edge of the gutter like a waterfall. So I called to place a service call yesterday. But they said they couldn't give me an appointment. I called the salesman and he asked me to text him all the details and he would send it right to the service management. But it's now 1:30 Eastern Time now and I still have not heard anything. This water that's coming down off of my gutter is pouring down right next to the foundation on my house. If I could give them zero, I would.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I have pest exclusion for 2 different properties. Scheduling visits is an absolute nightmare. Each time, it takes between 3 and 5 calls to get something scheduled. I ask that they call me or connect me with the person making the appointment so we can coordinate times. Each time, they pick a time without consulting me and each time it does not work for me. I call to reschedule and each time the field guy shows up anyway. I feel bad for the field team because they all tell me the schedulers do that to them every day.

The most recent session was today. The "account specialist" did not know how the service plan worked and talked over me every time I tried to speak. I eventually told her I will call back to talk to someone else and had to hang up with her still telling me I was wrong. I am already 2 calls deep into this disaster and I am sure it will continue. Will not be continuing the service once the pre-paid time is done. And will recommend against using this company.

Original review: May 31, 2022

The rep was very helpful and informative. She stayed with us through the whole experience and I was very pleased with her. Terminix is doing our pest control on a bi-monthly basis. We're doing really well. We had extensive damage to our house from the termites though and they repaired all of it and did an excellent job. I would really highly recommend them, especially the girl that was their foreman. She was terrific.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Sharon! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: May 30, 2022

Yesterday afternoon, we had a young man come out to check the bait traps and it was very pleasant and professional. He was very polite. I haven't had a problem with any of the staff. They do a good job. Particularly, I would tell the regular that we have that I've seen some ants outside and he would take care of it. He sprays around the windows and the doors and we hadn't had a problem with them.

Terminix response

Thank you, William! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 29, 2022

In the past, they've always been good experiences or interactions with the technicians. The thing that prompted me to give Terminix a try is a never-ending battle with ants. Initially, it seemed like the treatment took care of them. But the last week or so, they started showing back up in both bathrooms. I was told I could not call for 21 days with an issue or complaint. So I'm waiting on that 21 days. At this point, I'm very dissatisfied because I still have the ants.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Someone came to my house offering a "package deal" with neighbors. Said I didn't have to sign contract. Just 2 services. One in July then one in October. Then in April the following year said they would be out for another $129. I said no. I only had 2 sprays. So they send me a bill for $79. For BREAKING A CONTRACT! **. I called 4 times. They said having the 2 services automatically put me in a contract. Horrible Horrible customer service and not to mention the bait and switch business practices. Stay clear of these people.

Original review: May 28, 2022

They come and do their work. They have bait in little containers all around the house, and they check them. They also sweep the back porch and front porch. I’m satisfied with them. I don't have any termites. So they’re doing okay.

Terminix response

Thank you, Raymond! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I’m pretty happy with what they've been doing. Billing hasn't been a problem. But scheduling sometimes is a problem. They usually wait and call me, and tell me they're coming the day they come. They don't give me notice. I almost always have to say, “No, can’t do it. Reschedule.” But Terminix is doing what they're supposed to do. We eventually settle on a date and time, and it gets done.

Terminix response

Thank you, Larry! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville