It's that easy Get a Free Quote
3.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Our service tech is Robert ** and he is always wonderful when he visits our company. He is very friendly and respectful to each employee he comes in contact with. He also helps with all of our problem when they arise.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This is the worst companies you can choose. I was a customer for 4 years and when I decided it was enough they didn’t allowed me to stop the contract. They are not able to keep a good service and I’m not allowed to change? This is ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I Have had nothing but bad luck with Terminix. I paid them 250.00 to get rid of spiders and ants. I had to have them come back 4 times in 30 days to retreat because it wasn't fixing the issue. After the 4 time I called to complain and the Manager I spoke with was too busy trying to defend themselves that he wouldn't even listen to my concerns. I am over using Terminix.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Jake ** came out and completed an pre-inspection. He walked around my house giving me feedback on how to keep rodents out of my house. He up-sold me on some work they could do for me when they came out to do the pest and termite installation. I paid in advance the day Jake was at my house. He marked several locations and promised me the tech would have all his instructions. When the tech came out he had no idea of what needed to be done. I called Jake, text Jake and emailed Jake and 3 weeks later NO RESPONSE! Finally someone is coming out tomorrow to complete the work but BUYER BEWARE of anything they promise. I liked Jake and very disappointed he let me down like this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Made an appointment for a technician to come check the house and was told he would be there after 5 PM no problem. Got a call that day he would not be able to make it... as they had booked 2 appointments at the same time. We agreed to have him come today. I would be the first appointment between the hours 7-8. At 9 I called and was told he went to another customer's location and would call me when he would be able to come. I told them forget about it... I would call a more reliable company. How many times does this have to happen??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I had a Terminix salesguy come by and at the time I wanted a service because my daughter had been bitten by a spider. They supposedly treated my home. After a couple months I saw another $99 get charged to my card so I called them and told them I did not want their services and to not charge my card again. I just noticed they charged my card once again. This is all without them doing any additional treatments to the home. Terminix is a scam!!! Beware consumers. They will have all american guys with a smile to try to sell you and then they just keep billing your card. Stay away. Stay away!!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

6 yrs ago I got in a contract with Terminix, they charged me almost $6000. Part of the contract was to do insulation, tent and fumigated my home plus it included a 5 yrs contract for termite protection. The contract continued because I renewed services paying at the beginning of this year $250 more. They came into my house on March 2, of 2019. They gave me report staying no termite activity. Because of personal issues on September I decided to sell my house. On the middle of escrow they send a termite company, to give clearance of my house. Which I was pretty sure I would not have any problems because my house was 100% protected under Terminix for termites, For my surprise, the house is all rotten due to all the termite activity that is going on.

By the way, I contacted Terminix asking them to give me clearance and they took more than 2 weeks to go and do an inspection. I gathered all employees names and ID's numbers because, one of the guys that finally came to the house told me that I waited too long to report the termite problem. And my response was, you guys came back in March less than 6 months ago and assured me that I was termites free. which means that since I got in contract 6 years ago Terminix employees were not doing their jobs, the problem has been there for more than 2 years I have the reports for last 3 yrs staying no termites.

Escrow almost failed because of all this. I lost $14,500 on escrow credit so the buyer would fix the problems after closing. By the way, Terminix wanted $6000 so they could fix the problems of the house, and come to fumigate. After a few calls to corporate they still wanted to charge me $5000 and fumigation would be free.. Are you kidding me? I refuse services, they didn't do their job for 6 yrs and now they want me to still pay for it. Plus I ended having to pay another company $1,350 so they could fumigate, repair and give me clearance on termites. I live in San Diego, CA. I am very disappointed on this company and would recommend everyone to never get services with them. They don't fulfill their contract and their services and guarantee was not accomplished.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I contacted Terminix to investigate a wasp problem inside my house... The technician arrived without the equipment needed to check the vents, he left and said he will come back with a technician who has a ladder! Never came back, never heard back, called multiple times and was not able to reach anyone who can help. The next day my card was charged with $200 even though I did not receive the service I called about! A technician showing up at my door is not the service!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Terminix entered the attic space, (through our closets), and made a terrible mess. The insulation work occurred on October 2nd, in which the installer did not take any precautions to protect our house and contents. They did not seal up the access points which allowed the dust to permeate through the house. I tried my best to minimize the dust on our clothing, even though they did not do anything.

I took pictures of the dust and sent them to Terminix as the work was being done. It took many phone calls to get a response from Terminix. I finally got the service manager to come to the house at the end of the day. He agreed that proper protection was not done by the installers. He told me that he would be talking to his manager about the mess. Terminix called back later and told me that a cleaning crew would be on site first thing the next day, (10/3). It was not until 2:00 PM the next day when a 3 person maid service showed up. They were told that there were only 3 rooms to clean. When they saw the job, they contacted their boss to explain the severity of the dust. The maid service informed me that they do not remove items from surfaces (dressers, night stays, tables, counters, etc.), that at best they would wipe around them. The service was not going to clean our shoes, clothing, blankets, walls, floors, ductwork, etc.

On 10/3, the maid service left and I again reached out to Terminix and the Branch Manager. The manager eventually returned my call and stated that I was exaggerating, but finally agreed to come to the house to see the mess. After viewing the house, she agreed to get a cleaning company (service master) to take a look at it. Service Master came to the house late in the day to review what needed done. I went over the items and walked him into each room to show him the mess that was still left. He told me that he could have a crew come to the house on the 10/10. (8 days after the mess was created) - Again really poor customer service. Not the fault of Service Master, but Terminix should have found someone else that could handle the mess ASAP.

Later than night, Service master called and told me that they had a few hours the next day (10/4) to get started. I took a second day off work to meet with this crew. Only 1 person that showed up. He did an excellent job cleaning a couple of rooms that day, but he was not going to be able to get anyone back until the following week. The following week, he and a helper showed up and spent the day. While they spent the day, as stated above, the cleanup did not get completely done, even though they packed up and left the house.

Noone from Terminix has contacted me to see if everything was completed. The manager told me that she would review the invoice and compensate us for our inconvenience. Nothing has been done to make us financially whole yet. I took a day off of work for the installation, which I was expecting as part of the installation.

The financial harm is a result of: The following 2 days that I had to take off of work for the cleaning crews. The third day my wife took off of work so they could finish. Filter replacement on the furnace. The cost of the extra water, soap, electric, etc to wash and dry the clothing. While not quantifiable, my wife and I have lost our own personal time to finishing the cleaning and doing the laundry.

To be fair to Terminix, I had this process done in my last house without any issues. Likewise Terminix has been providing pest control to us for 22 years and I have been very happy until now. I understand that a couple of installers cause this entire mess, however, I would have assumed that Terminix would have done everything in their power to make a long term customer happy. Service and customer satisfaction should be the most important thing. This event and customer satisfaction has been horrific. I told Terminix that I just wanted house cleaned and to be made whole. The first was mediocre, the follow-up and financial harm has not been addressed. I should not have to reach out to Terminix, they should have handled this within a day or two. It has been 2 weeks now.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Manager in Windsor Connecticut Mark promised me a refund because 50% of what I paid for in advance was not done. Jennifer ** from Georgia sent me an email after 60 days to dispute it with my credit card. They are liars. Schemers. They want to hold off on your money until you can't complain or is too late for you to complain.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville