It's that easy Request Information
4.03/5
Based on 1,968 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10924 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 7, 2019

We signed up this winter, my 2 sons also and we have had NOTHING but problems with the customer service dept. They do not know what is going on at all and made so many mistakes. The technicians that came out were good, and even they didn’t have anything good to say about the customer service. After MONTHS of phone calls finally to a supervisor, I THINK we have everything set! I wouldn’t count on it though!

Original review: April 7, 2019

We have an infestation of powderpost beetles (PPBs); called Terminix, who said that they could/would help. First we had a no-show for a quote. We had to wait twice in an interminable queue hearing the same ads over and over and over again. The first Customer Service Rep got disconnected from us and never called us back. The 2nd one seemed to understand our problem and had a supervisor named Jeff (from Portland OR) call us and set up a new appointment. He came by, refused to examine the barn structure or the 100s of wooden baskets that had clear evidence of PPBs, and focused on a single drawer that had activity. He said 'we don't do fumigation,' even though the Customer Reps said you did. All in all, a complete waste of time.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Terrible company. My renewal stated I had 'til March to pay, in February I got a bill saying it was canceled. I called and explained and spoke to a nasty manager who said, "Yeah I see that in the computer but there is nothing I can do, sorry it’s cancelled. You will have to repay the start up fee." I am livid. What a joke of a company! I gave my business to a local company and couldn’t be happier. Also, the price went up to $1,000s for most people in our neighborhood with Terminix. So happy they messed up - worked out for the best for me! I would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I any well pleased with the technician assigned to my home. Chad always emails and calls ahead and I am please with his treatment of our property when we're unable to be home when he inspects our house and property. He always call afterward and emails his assessment of the inspection. I would give Terminix and Chad their Tech. a 10 out of 10 star rating. It satisfying to know and trust the people and company working for you. Thank you Chad and Terminix of Salisbury MD.

Terminix response

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have used Terminix for years, and have never been disappointed by their service, their product or their people. They are prompt with service appointments, do exactly as they say they are going to, and I know I can count on my home being insect and termite-free for as long as I am their customer. A home is a huge investment and protecting that investment is very important to me. Thanks to Terminix I know I will not lose on that investment.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: April 4, 2019

Our property upon purchase was riddled with termite damage and active termites. A nightmare considering we looked at 200 houses and this was the one. Terminix to the rescue. The defense system in place termite free. It’s been 6 years now and every penny is worth it. Upon completion of termite treatment we seriously checked into their pest insulation. Another great decision that saves us annually on electricity for heating or worse cooling. The insulation difference was felt immediately as the AC didn’t kick on frequently. Best still is that our house is bug free. Though on occasions we will call for a bad mosquito season Terminix is our only and proven choice.

The estimate was no pressure but the service continued and still is as amazing as the day we began our relationship. Uniformed, scheduled and inspections yearly secure my home and add value. More than value is security for my pets and family. Cost was average for treatment of type but caliber again is what makes this company stand out. You truly get what you pay for and more with service unparalleled.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Hello, I don't usually write reviews on anything, but I figured I would give my experience using Terminix. I had them inspect my home and they found evidence of bed bugs, they came out a total of 3 times and sprayed my 3 bedrooms for them. Well the bed bugs didn't go anywhere, I tried to get in touch with them again after their 3rd treatment to tell them I was still having an issue, and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. I wouldn't waste money with this company to remove bed bugs.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My service calls with Terminix are scheduled every three months. They usually leave me a text saying what day they're coming. They also ask if I want to have something extra done, like coming inside. They then come out and do most of the outside work themselves. I don't have any pets or locks so they go ahead and do their thing even while I'm not here. The gentleman that always calls has always been very nice and knowledgeable about what he's doing. Terminix has done a good job and I would recommend them. I'd tell others, "Try Terminix, you'll like them."

Original review: April 4, 2019

I receive quarterly service from Terminix. Usually, the same person would come out but every once in a while, I get a new technician. The tech who came out yesterday for termite control had it all together. There now have been no termites in my house.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have been working with Terminix since December of last year. We had a specific pest problem and I was told that they would probably be the best to handle it. Their customer service has been good and the guy that comes out has been great. He comes and does an inspection first. Then before he comes, he let me know that he may have to do a certain type of treatment and that no one needs to be there. Once I meet him at the residence, he just goes from there, then he let me know when he leaves. I then come back and make sure I lock up. The pest activity in our home has decreased greatly since the service, but I need to schedule another appointment. Other than that, my experience with Terminix has been great.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had three no call/no shows. This is very inconvenient as I had to schedule this for my only day off and my entire day was waiting around for them to show. The worst part is I wanted to share this feedback with a supervisor or manager and could never reach one to give this feedback directly. Would have been a fan otherwise. Also didn't like how I always reached a call center and never reached someone local. I'll stick to local companies from here on out.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Our company has a big building that usually gets the pests, rodents and/or cats and birds stuck within our warehouse or admin office. Every month our technician comes in and does his job and actually takes the time to ask any one of our staffing if there have been any problems with any such pests. And in such case we do not. If we do have any problems we relate them to our technician Justin and he makes sure he can solve the problem by assessing and then making a call on what needs to be done. And so far as long as we have had Terminix which would be more than 12 years we haven't had a problem. I certainly would recommend Terminix to all the big businesses who have any pest problems. Thank you, Bakersfield Truck Center

Terminix response

Thank you, Vanessa! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I signed up and paid for 3 months of service. After the 3 months were up, I noticed they had charged me a 2nd time, so I called to tell them about their mistake, to which they tell me, that I did not sign up for 3 months of service... but that I in fact signed up for indefinite service to which they would autodraft my account every 3 months for. This was never discussed at the initial consultation and they have refused to issue a refund nor honor the extra 3 months of services that I unknowingly paid for. I’ve spoken with several customer service reps, to which one tells me that this is a common issue. They purposefully mislead you just to get more money out of you.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Because we are a food processing local, we were looking for a company with a good commercial service, that understand our particular requirements, keeping our business free of any kind of pest and using only safe for human chemicals. People of TERMINIX are very well trained about how to accomplish this kind of services and they answered us all our question about the kind of materials to be used. Now, with monthly visits they keep our premises 100% free of bugs or any other undesirable insects.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’ve been using Terminix since 2002 and my experience with them has been fine.

Original review: April 3, 2019

The people from Terminix come quarterly for routine treatment. Scheduling for their service is automatic. They let me know a couple of days in advance that their service is scheduled in case I have any concerns to let them know about. Their techs are doing a good job. This last time, I wasn't home when they came. But they left a detailed notice to what all they did. A few times, I've had them come inside, and they are very thorough. The only time that I've ever had an issue was when I had to call the Terminix office. The girl rep was so horribly rude and terrible that I wanted to simply cancel completely. She was so disrespectful. And it just so happened that the service was due. But there was a man there who said to call him and not the office. He always took care of the issues, so I stuck with them. I guess he's not there anymore. Nevertheless, I would recommend Terminix based on the people that come to the house.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I've been working with Terminix since the late 70's and my experience with them has been okay. We deal with mostly spiders and silverfish. We see spiders on the front, back porch and outdoor living spaces, and the ants in the yard. We got the contract and service to beat them down and try to keep them at bay and under control. The termite treatment that they did in the previous house we had was different than what they are doing in the house we are in right now. They are using bait stations now, so the stations are a little different.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Terminix does what they are supposed to do and they let me know when they are coming, and they also let me know what happened afterward. The schedule of treatment has been laid out at the beginning of the year and I usually interact with the contractors over the phone or by text. I am fairly satisfied with Terminix, but I like the cost to go down. Terminix is not the best, but they are okay. I didn't have any trouble since they've been coming out.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Recently Terminix came to do an automatic scheduled service for every three months. I get an email or a call when they'd like to come. Then, I'm usually at work and I get a text from the technician saying he's on his way, and I would say, "Okay." Terminix is great. I like it.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We were with Alterra, then Terminix bought them out. Our experience with them has been good. They accommodate whatever we need to be done, which is nice. On the outside of my gate, there were ant hills and we were constantly getting ants inside the house. Since we've had Terminix controlling it, we have not had any ant problems. We also have black widows and brown widows. Their techs are very friendly and do their jobs. They come and they spray. If there's something that I need, like have them look at the rat traps and the ant problems, they take notice and see what's going on.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We recently contacted the local Chattanooga office for crawl space insulation and encapsulation to be completed for our home. They sent local salesman Billy to our home to give estimates and set everything up. We had a loan taken out to get the money for multiple repairs to be done. The encapsulation part has been done but insulating has not. Calling Billy at least 6 times, texting him and leaving messages with NO REPLY BACK AT ALL. Since then we emailed the company and received an email back that the local manager was forwarded our email and would get a call. We never got a call after two weeks.

So we had to call Terminix back to set up another appt with another salesman to hopefully help finish the small job. Since then we have put on a new roof, installed all new carpeting and put in all new HVAC unit. We feel we should get a discount on the insulating of the part underside of our home with all of this very poor local service with Chattanooga Terminix office all around. Could you please forward this email to the president of Terminix? Or send me his email address so I can personally contact him myself?

Original review: April 1, 2019

Joel from Terminix came for the annual inspection for termites and did a great job looking in my basement for any signs of new termites and then also conducted a review outside. He explained what he was doing and looked at every spot in the basement where they could enter. He gave me his card if I had any questions or if I needed him to come back to look at anything that might be suspicious.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I availed of Terminix services for preventative measures. Their technicians have been out four times and it's quarterly. It was a different technician each time but all of them seemed to know what they were talking about. They were also all very social and personable so I didn’t have a problem with any of them. None of them were out of character or out of line. At the very beginning when we thought that we might have had some mice in the attic, a technician put some traps down and said he would be back a week later. But he never came back to check them. It was no big deal though because the guy that came the next time checked the traps and took them out because he said we didn’t have any problem there.

Most recently, a gentleman came on a Saturday for a service. I was already gone but he exterminated the outside of the house. I got an email stating what he had done, something like a report, and the bill. I would recommend Terminix because they have done everything they said they were gonna do except for the one thing. Also, I haven't seen any bugs so the treatment that they put down around the house is working which is good.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have a cockroach problem where they come in to get warm in the winter. I’ve been with Terminix for a couple of years and they come regularly and spray inside and outside every four or six months. I still have roaches, but they are dead when they get inside. The techs are professional, courteous, considerate and they seem to be people who like their job. I know when they are coming, although they came once and I didn’t know because I had not looked at my email. I pay around $100 every three months, which is a lot, but I just take it and pay for it. They do things just right or are better than others.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Terminix has been great. They’re scheduled to come out four times a year. They let me know in advance when they’d gotta be in the area, and then we'll schedule upon. The techinicians come out and work with me. If I have any problems with indoors, then they’ll spray indoors. But otherwise, they just do outside and it works out really well. Since they've been coming out, the pest activity in my property is suddenly down.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I talked with a customer representative to reschedule our annual termite inspection which had to be moved due to a death in the family. They assured me it was "no trouble" to schedule the termite inspection and our seasonal "bug spray" service on the same day. UNFORTUNATELY, dispatch sent out 2 agents to perform the inspection... neither of whom were prepared to do our seasonal "bug spray". I just received an email(March 29, 2019) that our "pest control service" is coming up on April 2, 2019... Somewhere something got dropped.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We appreciate the same technician coming each time. He knows our past issues and checks them again with each visit. He explains what is to be done on each visit and after treatment explains what he found and if there are any new issues. Very professional service.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I've been with Terminix for three years now and I would recommend them. I initially got their services for a pest issue that I had which came in carried from other people's belongings. They got on top of that right away. I live by myself and I can't stand bugs and mice and so I have the mouse traps and they come here and spray every other month. The techs that I've had have been really good and I've been satisfied with all of them. The one that I have right now is very nice, knowledgeable, concerned, and always does what I ask him to. Since having the service, I don't ever see any pests anymore, which is nice.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I’ve been protected by Terminix for four years now. They normally tell me when they are coming, but I don’t get a choice and I wish to see more flexibility on when they are gonna come out. Terminix recently looked around the outside of my house and the technician was friendly and seemed professional. However, I should have asked them to find out if they found anything or not. They left nothing on paper.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We had a hurricane here and I was trying to get my house back to being livable. Where we live at is around a bunch of cornfields, and there were roaches that came in from there because of the hurricane, so I had Terminix come in and spray. I also had them out a few weeks ago as a preventative measure. Scheduling with them is great, but getting somebody to actually show up when they say they're gonna show up, sucks.

They'll tell you they'll be there between noon and 2:00 or noon and 3:00, and then nobody shows up until about 3:15 or 3:30. So then I've wasted a whole day that I could be working. If you say you're gonna be there at 12, be there at 12. I'm essentially a driver, and when I tell somebody that I'm gonna be there between this time and this time, if I'm not there between this time and this time, I have to cut money off of my bill in order to compensate because I wasn’t able to make it on time. If the technicians can't make it on time, they need to call me and give me a heads-up. Or they might as well just reschedule. That way, I can go and at least work some.

Since having Terminix, nothing has changed. We're still having issues. Before, the pests were all over the house. Now, they're in the cabinets and in the dark spots. I've literally poured all my food out of my pantry and put them in plastic tubs because I'm not gonna eat roach-infested food. The technicians come in and spray around the edges, and that's that. They're not taking care of the real issue. Terminix, as an idea, is a great thing, and they have a great outlay. But I don't know if they train their people well enough to execute the outlay. I've been using Terminix for about six months now, but if I could get out of whatever I'm in with Terminix and find a different company, I'd quit Terminix and go with that company.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville