2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.50/5

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

View More View More

Terminix Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have a bad tick infestation in my home. On a good note the technician did contact me a few days before to understand my problem & to mix the correct chemicals. After arriving they realized how much worse it was. They called the manager & all he said was I will have to change my contract to more treatments. Ok I understand that but the technician never identified the type of ticks or inspected my attic for possible rodents which they could be feeding on as I do not own any animals.

I had a follow up visit 3 weeks later to assess the treatment. They sent a new person out who had ZERO knowledge of my situation. They did not have the correct chemicals. I was very upset! I spoke with the office manager & all he was interested on was changing my contract again. I paid alot of money for the initial inspection & treatment which NO INSPECTION was ever done. I will never use this company again. Very Unprofessional!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

If you refuse a treatment and ask the tech not to come, they come anyway and bill you. Customer service is lousy. There is no local person to contact. They only have a national call center that could care less if you have any concerns. Very unscrupulous business practices bordering on illegal trespassing to enter your property without permission.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Terminix is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Of course in the beginning to get your money they are nice, afterwards you are on your own if there is ever an issue. It has been 7-8 months later not even one call back. You call the 800 #. No one can help. They have to reach out to your "home branch", who is never available. They get an email out to them to call you back. You call back to state no call back and you go through this cycle every single time thereafter. After 5-6 months you tell them look in the history. This has been going on. You would like something different to be done then their representatives state, "ohhh well the last 20 reps you have talk to did it wrong. That’s why no call back." I only went through that cycle twice because honestly I’m over. Just done with the company.

The issue is after first visit then second tech came out stated will come back to get more done. They never show then other tech shows up and stated, "I don’t know what the techs before me did but it looks like nothing was done." Naturally as a customer you get upset and want you paid for. Well long story short I didn’t get what I paid for and no one within the company helped or is trying to help. Numerous calls made and no one helped or even returned my call. I wish I did a research before going with Terminix.

The only reason I gave them 1 star is because I had to chose something there should be an option for at least half of a star, they are the worst ever. I see I’m not the only one feeling this way after reading reviews now. I don’t have any hopes of anyone within Terminix having any common courtesy, decency, or any type of customer service to EVEN simply return a phone call. I am done with trying to deal with Terminix and will be calling the better business bureau on Terminix.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Terminix came to my house in November 2019. They promised to not only rid my house of the squirrel living in my wall but to seal all holes in my siding to prevent squirrels from entering my house. Contract signed, money exchanged (me to Terminix). Long story short, they set up a trap that did not trap anything. They sealed that hole and are refusing to seal the other holes in my siding. I have called them several times and they promise that someone from my local office will call me... but they never call. Basically, they took my money and are not performing the promised service... and who wants squirrels in their wall... no one.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Had termite inspection appointment for Friday, 1/10/20 between 3:00-5:00 PM. Calib, the inspector called at 4:00 PM on Friday, 1/10/20 to say he wasn't going to be able to make our appointment, claiming office "over-scheduled" him. I was frustrated because I had left work early for this appointment (loss of pay). When I contacted customer service, the rep could only reschedule me. I said that I would try once more but if they didn't keep the next appointment, I would be sure to write a review to let others know.

2nd appointment set for Monday, 1/13/20 between 3:00 - 5:00 PM. Vincent, the inspector called at 4:30 PM on Monday, 1/13/20 and asked me if I still wanted him to come, as he was 30 minutes from my home. I told him it would be dark in 30 minutes, and asked if he would still be able to look outside of the home? He said "no" but said he could do the inside. I said that would only be a "halfway job" and again, I had left work unpaid for this appointment. I said never mind and that I'd be sure to let others know of their HORRIBLE customer service. Not impressed with such a supposed "reputable" company. Potential customers beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Almost 10 months and still have mice. We hired Terminix for bugs and mice. Mice being the main reason. They laid some traps around the bottom floors and garage. Spraying was never done upper levels. I have laid my own traps and caught 7 or more mice compared to their 1. They keep coming back and still have mice. Paid over 1000 dollars for their service that is guaranteed. Corp office called but we did not see eye to eye. The last tech people stated they think they have found the problem and Hopefully by summer things will be corrected. How long is too long to have my problem.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I have no complaints on the product or service. I have recommended Terminix several times on the neighborhood email. The workmen were prompt and courteous. These ice excellent so far. My neighbors don’t take care of termites so I have to watch carefully around my property and keep baiting.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Suzanne! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Terminix is the worst company ever. I urge you all to look for another company for you extermination needs. I asked for a specific service and specifically stated "I only one 6 months of service." Sure enough they did the job and sure enough signed me up for auto pay saying the service I requested comes with recurring fees. Without my authorization they sent me another bill when I didn’t want more service. Screw this company, they are the worst.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Total scam!!! Lovely lady comes to our door handing out pamphlets for Terminix service. They offer spider treatment for half the cost as they are going to be in the neighbourhood. Unfortunately I say OK thinking I am having a one time treatment - DONE! Nope I get a bill for service three month later saying they came by our house and sprayed for spiders again. Such a joke as the day he would have been here it was raining significantly. If he did spray it would have been washed away in seconds. Who sprays for spiders in the winter anyway!!! Besides this, I had no intentions of signing up for a four time a year treatment. On top of all of this they never reached out to tell me they were coming the second time until they wanted payment.

If you want four times a year service go for it. However, know that they will probably come when you don't have an issue such as in the winter, so they don't miss out on their payment. Possibly train your door to door sales people to be upfront and honest about what a person is actually signing up for. So disappointed!! We have told them never to return to our property, but yes we still have to pay them. OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Note - I will be posting on Facebook to hopefully save many people from the same garbage we have gone through.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Our site rep Tony ** is always kind and very helpful. The prices are right and the service is great. If we have a problem, Tony always answers or calls back right away and is ready to do the job or give us expert advice. Highly recommend!

Terminix response

We enjoy reading about the excellent service our technicians perform. We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service! Thank you for the feedback and for being a Terminix customer.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville