It's that easy Request Information
4.11/5
Based on 2,045 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10713 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 1, 2019

I had bedbugs and found out that I had them about a week before Thanksgiving. So, I had the people from Terminix come out. They did the first initial spray and from that point on, I have not seen any bedbugs at all. I had set up for them to come back out in two weeks and they did a second spray. I took the protection plan for one year and had them come out and spray a third time, just to be cautious. Terminix has excellent technicians. They were very helpful and answered any questions I needed answered. Terminix will have good recommendations.

Terminix response

Thank you, Zackery! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We had small termite damage that we needed to have checked out. I went online and called Terminix. The sales guy that came out and did the estimates and everything was really good. He accommodated my needs since no one lived at the house. He was able to meet up with me when I needed to and then set everything up the way I needed so it worked out well. There was like a little spot where we saw activity, but we treated it because of the sale. He went above and beyond what I needed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

There was a time when we had bed bugs and roaches. Scheduling service with Terminix was easy. However, their techs were scheduled to come and then they called to reschedule, and then they showed anyway. Still, that was okay and both their techs have been very pleasant and professional. Pests have been gone since they serviced our home. Working with Terminix has been a way better experience than we ever had with Orkin. They have a better price and their guarantee was better overall.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I've been using Terminix on and off since 2014. I have a contract with them for my mom’s house, which I’m taking care of right now, and I also used them when I was living in South Carolina. The relationship that I'm able to build with the technicians and the quality of service keep me going back to them. I love the techs that come out to my home. It’s usually the same person and so they have ownership, accountability, engagement and trust. They know me and they know my home, so they really understand my needs. They automatically come out once a quarter and before coming, the technician sends me a really good text saying that they'll be out and what they focused on the last time. They also say to let them know if I have any additional concerns so they could address it. Now the pest activity in my home is gone.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We have mice at home and I’m not fast enough to catch them. I wouldn’t wanna catch them anyway as they'd probably bite me then I'd have a disease that'd kill me. And we’ve got two basset hounds but dogs don’t chase mice. So because of that, we hired Terminix back in October to have someone who would deal with the problem.

Initially, they asked if we had termites and as far as I knew, we didn't. But when their guy came out and took a look around, he said we did. I was kind of leery if we really did but he showed me a path. We've got a brick house and the termites were trying to work their way to the brick into the garage. But the tech said that they hadn't made it inside. So, I signed up for their plan and got the thing for termites. They sprayed the whole outside of the house and that has worked well.

But when it came to the mice problem, the tech said that there were some little droppings in the closet. He said that the mice like to go to places that are not frequented a lot by us and that made sense to me. So, he put down a trap in the laundry room, one in the bedroom and the closet, about three out here in the kitchen, and one in the garage. But we check them and every morning, there’d be no mouse in there and my wife said that she still saw a mouse. So, I brought the guy back out and he brought a different type of trap. It was a little bit bigger and a little sticky. He said that it'd work but it didn't. So, now I’m getting frustrated.

I called the third time and the owner came out. He did the same thing the other guy did and said that he didn't see any trails. He also said that he thought the mice were gone. But that was about three weeks ago and my wife told me that she just saw a black one go into the stove. Terminix had a trap right out to the side of the stove, under the sink, and the mice never got into the trap. And the other day, she told me she saw a little baby mouse over by the fireplace.

Long story short is, we still got the mice problem and I feel like I’ve paid for a service but they haven't fixed the problem. And I don't think I’m asking too much. But I’m gonna give Terminix one more try and if their tech doesn't fix it, I’m gonna try to find somebody else and I’m gonna bill Terminix. I need to get rid of these mice because they’re just as bad as roaches. They carry disease and stuff. All in all, my experience with Terminix has been horrible and I have no inclination of renewing my contract when it expires, unless they can do something about our mice problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We have Terminix come every three months and the techs were very helpful and professional. Our interactions have been great. They were in for a scheduled routine visit recently and one of the guys noticed that I had some work that needed to be done, which was taken care of.

Terminix response

Thank you, Valerie! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Each year, I have an annual check to make sure everything is good. So I think Terminix is really good. But that’s changing. They increase the annual fee each year and I don't feel very comfortable. I’m beginning to become a little angered that right now, it’s more than $200. All of the technicians are very nice though. Normally, Terminix would send an email about the appointment schedule. They would also call and if I can’t do the schedule, I would change the date.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Terminix has always been good and the new technician has been great. They come in and talk to us before they do the service and after the service. He is communicative and professional. He is in a good mood too. He is fast and he does his job. He lets us know, “I’m here, I’m doing this. Do you have any concerns?” Afterward, he says he took care of this and what their plan is moving forward. He leaves us the appropriate paperwork, then we just wait to be billed. We don't really have any complaints or concerns. It is really nice to have somebody who is invested in their job, cares about their work, and wants to partner with me because I don't wanna have to keep calling him and say there is a problem.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I kept Terminix when I got it and I have been using their service for 20 something years now. It was the best thing for me to have. It was the end of my contract, but I kept it because of what they say about Terminix and what Terminix can do. I have had to reschedule services with them before and it has been easy. I just call them and tell them I can’t be available, and there are no hassles and no haggling. The technicians they send out are all great. They do their job and they explain to me what they are doing. They are very professional and know their job. I’d grade them excellent in terms of professionalism and knowledge. They service my house with no pests or anything like that. I just have a termite plan and they make sure I don’t have any problems.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This is the first time Terminix came out. I had suspected termites and they confirmed it. The scheduling was no problem. However, it was extremely expensive for what they did. And I’m getting ready to call them in the next week or so because I’m very unhappy. I paid almost $1,100, and they said they come out once a year. That’s not right. The technician was very good though. He seemed to be very capable and he did a good job. He put the liquid in the ground, and then, he also set up little pods around my house. It’s just that I expect more service than that. They need to come out. We’ve had a lot of raids. And these pods, I don't know if they’re doing their job or not. I went with Terminix because of their name. Ever since I can remember, I’ve heard of Terminix and I thought this is a good company. But this is not the way to do business.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Terminix comes out to do service every three months. We've had them for nine months and their reps have been professional. The spiders are gone since they serviced but it’s also winter. Also, we still have ongoing ants inside the house. But I haven't been here the last few times to tell them.

Terminix response

Traci, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new service!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We have Terminix in the summer, once a month and they also just did a check up recently. Setting up the schedule has been a good experience and since the treatments the problem have been solved.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Tracy! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Terminix comes to my place once a year to do an inspections. Though some of their techs are just filling time to get a paycheck, some are confident. The gentleman doing the service for me now has been very good.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The tech who comes here is a sincere person and he does excellent service. I don't have to be behind him and he does what he needs to do. But some time back, we had one Terminix guy and we weren't happy with that person. He would always say that he would come this day at this time and we would make all the time available. But he wouldn't turn up and he would give different excuses. Our tech now sticks to what he says and we like him.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Sharmila! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The people from Terminix were excellent in coming in and doing their job. They came back and the bugs were not in the house. I didn’t want their service terminated but we didn’t need it until May and they canceled my service. I want them back in May.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The experience with using the service of Terminix has been good so far and we're very happy with them. We have a regular schedule of four times a year and then, I would call them numerous times. The turnaround time is a week but they would always come and take care of the problem. Usually, their reps are nice. The technician who usually comes is great but the last time, Terminix sent somebody different, who I did not meet and only saw his picture in the email. There’s barely any pest activity especially during winter since the recent service. When we're in the month where there are very few insects, Terminix is a price to pay. However, in the summer and the spring, it really pays off. The experience has been excellent.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Terminix comes regularly and they’re great. I have the regular service all around the house and the gentleman that comes is very good. He treats for the regular pests and he always asks me if I need it inside. If he sees anything, he takes care of the stuff. He always calls us a day before and says that he’ll be coming for service at a particular time. Sometimes I’m not home and he does whatever he needs to, but if I’m home, he’ll always ask. I got to meet with him this time and told him this was the problem in the basement. He came, looked at whatever needed and was very courteous.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We scheduled an appointment online after hearing something in our walls. We scheduled the following evening and unfortunately got a call from the inspector (aka salesman) stating he needed to inspect our property in the daylight so we had to postpone until the following day. The next day he tells us we had either mice or squirrels or both as he saw droppings from both. He then went over our options for new insulation that he says is horrible which we said was too expensive. Then he quoted us a price for pest control (assuming this meant rodents AND bugs) for a 2 year span. I asked if the payment could come from me but could we use my husbands credit? He says yes and then after running his credit and paying with my credit card, he changes his mind and says oh no it needs to be in his name...so now we need to use my credit. (So two hits to our credit instead of one).

Then the downpayment changes and he states we now need to put down 40% which we do. The guys can’t come out until the end of the week to trap for squirrel and mice...fast forward and the next guy comes out and says there is no order for squirrels?!? So I feel we were totally taken advantage of. To top that off we get billed more than we were told... I call to complain and have yet to only hear from same sales rep and not the branch manager like they said. So I guess I have to contact again because I have no desire to chat with the first guy... Don’t go with Terminix...they been disappointing from start to finish.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Terminix was already with the house when we moved into it and my husband just kept it up. We have an automatic pay set up and they come when they’re scheduled to. They let us know that they’re coming. Most recently, they came out to do a routine spray. The technicians who come out have been very pleasant. Sometimes, we’re not here and they go ahead and do what needs to be done and puts the stuff on the back porch.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I've had Terminix for about a year and a half for preventive maintenance. Thus far, their tech has been great. He does what he needs to do. If we have any problems, he'll take care of them, and he'll give us any recommendations as per the season for any sort of pests or bugs. Pest activity since has been at zero. He knows what he's doing.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have a regular quarterly service with Terminix and their reps provide good service. They send me a notification first and then Jan, the guy that actually does the service, calls me ahead. He goes around the property and if there is any issue, he lets us know. Since having Terminix, we don’t have that big of an issue with pests anymore.

Terminix response

Thank you, Zaw! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We love Steven, the Terminix technician that comes out. He always informs us what he’s gonna do and he sprays very well. This time, we didn’t have to have him to come inside but on the outside, he let us know that he was there and what he was doing, and then asked if we needed anything else. Then he came back and he double-checked everything. We’ve been with Terminix since 2001 and every now and then we just get something as simple as a spider. That’s about once every couple of years and nothing that’s continuous. Since having Terminix, we’ve had no pests and no problems.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We’ve had problems with termites in the past and we just have Terminix come through, do a sweep from time to time and there's been quite an improvement. Scheduling an appointment is simple. They call us. Also, there’s been a changeover with the technicians in the last year or so, and it’s been for the good. We appreciate the gentleman that comes out now and works very well.

Terminix response

Thank you, Greg! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We've had good luck with Terminix. They're an excellent company and I use their termite services where they come by once a year and check. Their techs were always really helpful. They pointed out little things to look for and they were very knowledgeable.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have been with Terminix for three years and my experience with them has been awesome. The technician comes every three months and if I have to reschedule my service, I call the technician. I have his number on my phone. If I call him and he could not come, he would call the other guy. They're both incredible and they've done the job well. They know their stuff and they're willing to work with you. There was a place where I had particularly bad termites which were just munching on the bait station big time, so the technician just put a couple more in instead of me worrying about it and not lasting the time frame between when they came and when they didn't.

I have two neighbors who went with an independent local person, which I usually prefer, but they got a one time service each time that cost 80% of what the Terminix techs did. It also didn't come with a warranty service package. Given my experience with Terminix, I've turned them on to three of my neighbors who have all bought their product.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

When I first moved in 2004, we found termites. I used Oregon then. They came out and I had the contract with them at that time. They got rid of the termites but I saw where Terminix said that if I had a contract with them and if they ever found termites after inspecting it the first time, they would pay for the damage to the house. I thought that was great so I changed from Oregon to Terminix a long time ago. I have the pest control and a contract for termites with Terminix.

The last time Terminix was out was for the pest control. They sprayed and they come about every three months. But when I had an appointment for the 27th, they were supposed to be there between 8:00 and 10:00. They sent an email about it. So, I got up really early and at 12 o’clock, they still hadn’t shown up. I called and I went through the automated thing. I said for scheduling and I was told that their schedule to come was in the 28th. Nobody contacted me and told me that.

This was the second time that has happened. It happened a long time ago, the same tech. So, I called and talked to a representative. She was so nice and kind. She said that they had a little trouble with their equipment for scheduling. She went through the whole thing and they were gonna send me a new time. However, I had a doctor’s appointment with the time they were gonna give me. She told me they could come March 13th for a termite inspection that I have once a year. I couldn’t take the date that she offered me and she looked but she didn’t have anything very soon. So, she said she would get with one out of Palestine. She was gonna get with them and have them send me one. So, I'm sure I'll get it very soon. I told her that the next time they schedule me, I'm going to call the day before and see if I'm still on schedule. Despite that, all the employees have been nice.

The technicians who came were all so nice too. I love them. The last one who came was fairly new. He was so nice and I gave him a 5-star. Also, the one before was a female and she was terrific. I'm satisfied with my experience with Terminix. It is a good warranty and I haven't had any more termites. Now, they leave little sticky things for me and most of the ones I see are in the garage. They said they would come out any time I call them, but the sticky thing takes care of it.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Wanda! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I went with Terminix due to their reputation and I've been with them for 10 years now. The interactions I've had with their reps have always been good and the techs who come out were great. They come routinely, at least every three months, and then there’s the termite service that they provide. I would recommend Terminix.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Tony! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We have the standard bi-monthly inspection with Terminix. I get an email about a week ahead of schedule, and then, if that doesn't work for me, I can reschedule it. I also get a call the day before and when the technician's on his way. The technicians they send out have been very good, very friendly, polite, courteous and know their business.

Terminix response

We enjoy reading about the excellent service our technicians perform. Thank you for the feedback and for being a Terminix customer.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I would recommend Terminix in a heartbeat. I had had them for my house in Atkins and when I needed pest control services, I gave them a call because I was familiar with them. Their representatives have been great and their technicians come out once a year. With them, we haven’t had any more termites. The only thing is I think they are extremely high. I noticed this last year that they gave me a break. I thought that was just about what the price should be. I thought 18 was the most reasonable of their rates that they had offered. I didn’t understand why they really went down a lot. But now, I noticed that with the new bill that came in, they’ve gone back up to being extremely higher than other companies. I don’t understand that too.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Marilyn! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The Terminix techs are doing pretty well for what they are able to do. Recently I had a routine schedule and they were pretty reasonable when I talked with them. They were also very helpful so I was satisfied.

Terminix response

Thank you, Willie! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville