It's that easy Request Information
3.74/5
Based on 1,575 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10989 Terminix Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 7, 2019

Trying to get a refund and keep getting new excuses and I'm being told they will process it but they never have yet. I'm told so many different stories. Baloney. So many lies. So many apologies and BS.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Called Terminix regarding ants in our home. They now bring a "Field Inspector" to review any other issues with your home. At the end of the visit they presented an estimate for over $4,700 to do work in our crawl space stating there was fungi, mildew and mold beneath our home (it's May and has rained more than 40 of the past 60 days - severe flooding in most of the Midwest). Anyone reading this should get a 2nd opinion and 3rd opinion on any additional work Terminix is suggesting.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Cannot say much about the company's performance because they never showed up. I waited for 4 hours for nothing. When I called them to inquire regarding the the appointment I was told that no one was coming and to reschedule. Glad I experienced this before getting into the years worth of aggravation.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I paid $1100 for them to treat my bed bugs. I threw out all my living room furniture. My boxsprings. My house is turned upside down. All my clothes and shoes was dried and put on my patio. They came to my house 3 times and still am seeing bed bugs. I've made several calls to have someone from corporate call me still no one called. Am being told to have Stanley Steemer come and steam clean the carpet and I called them and they told me it's a bad idea because it will make it worst. I would like to know what I paid $1100 for and myself and kids are still getting bite. I don't know why they agree to take my money and can't get rid of these creatures. I cannot afford to pay any more money and I don't know what to do.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had a short period of time to exterminate the termites before I left for NY. They promised me at Terminix that they would come and be able to complete the process. I waited for four consecutive days for the promised appointments. They never contacted me about rescheduling, all four times I had to call them, and I finally called another company who came the same day. Apparently Terminix does not care about customers or their time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: May 28, 2019

I signed up for a Terminix service last year and was expecting this service to be a one time thing. NO! The company did not make me aware that I was signing a year long contract that automatically extends every year following. They sent me many fees and I was VERY disappointed with their customer service. Customer Service was not able to help and simply continued to charge me for fees and services I was not using.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I paid to have my son's apartment treated for bedbugs, with a 3 month retreatment period. The tech used the freezing technology and also put down pesticides. When my son returned home, he moved the couch cushions and there were about 60 bedbugs still very alive under there. He called and they said to "give it time", and call for a retreat in 2 weeks. When he called for the retreat, no one would answer, so he left a message, but got no callback. This went on for a few days until finally he called the regional office and they called the locals who then set up an appointment.

When the tech came the second time it had been a full 3 weeks, and the apartment was fully infested again. But instead of using the freeze treatment he just went in and sprayed pesticide. It did nothing. The bugs are worse than ever! He and his family are bit up and they see live bugs on the couch. If Terminix had come back in a timely manner and used the effective treatment they promised, this wouldn't have happened. As it is we've spent $1500 for nothing.

Original review: May 21, 2019

A year ago my husband and I discovered termites in our bathroom. We called several places to compare and we chose Terminix. The inspector promised us no worries. Everything was taken care of as long as we paid the annual fees. That was the beginning of many lies ahead. The tech that was supposed to treat and install never performed the services right so this past Saturday we had a swarm come through our dining room floor after I fell through it. And then on top of all that I call and talk to 3 different agents about getting someone there asap and everyone lied! Saying someone will call soon and never did. And to icing the cake I ask about who's gonna fix my floor and somehow after everything else I don't have damage coverage. So their satisfaction guarantee ain't nothing but false advertising. My attorney can call them now!!

Original review: May 20, 2019

We followed all the step required before initial treatment. They coming in and install mattress encasements on 3 beds. On one bed they didn't have this right size so they put a size bigger on it causing the encasements to bubble up and fill with air. On the other two beds they decided to put the platform inside the encasements with the mattress! And to make things worse they've been installed encase mattress platform on top of a rusty frame without putting down any tape to protect the encasements from getting ripped! Our stuff is in bags for 2 months. My house was turned upside down and the entire process was a nightmare. I develop a phobia - a crippling fear of these bugs and now I have a hard time sleeping. I have to check my bed three times before I can even sit on it. In my living room I haven't been in there since.

I called Terminix back. Inform them that the mattress encasements have holes and I believe the bugs are back. NHL me that my warranty is up despite the fact that they installed encasements wrong! I don't know why they didn't just treat my mattresses. The idea of having a bag of bugs in your house and expect it not to rip or tear is ridiculous! It's a scam! Mattress encasements is a set up for failure. A complete circle jerk to get you to come back and spend more money!

Now I'm trying to give them to come back out here and it's taking me 5 days to get ahold of them and even then I could I didn't get ahold of them on the phone. I had to ask for new services for the internet to get one of their sales representatives to call me. This will be the third appointment I've made trying to get them back out here and they couldn't get me anything sooner than Thursday, another 4 days! Let's see if they show up this time. In the meantime I'm laundering my stuff and I'm going to sleep in my van!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Deceived. I have a regular service with Terminix and I called them because I thought I had a rat in my house. Well a guy named John came over and I was told I was infested with rats. He really scared me so I got the extra contract to get rid of the infestation. As it turns out no rats were caught in over a month from them. If I’m infested why wasn’t anything caught?? I have called numerous times and I still have not had a supervisor call me to explain why I was lied to. Now I’m stuck in contract and no infestation.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have signed on for service in Queens, New York just a month ago. While the first visit was effective, it has been a challenge to book a follow up appointment (which was part of the contract). Service hours are not very flexible, and that requires to take days off from work or pay someone to be at home, if you are a working professional. Most unfortunately, after I did all that, the tech showed up an hour and 22 minutes past his appointment schedule, without giving a courtesy call of running late. Needless to say that no one was at home to greet him, and now I am back to rescheduling it again. I canceled the service and strongly advise people against using Terminix as there are many worthy substitutes around. The treatment is ineffective and when asked to deliver on the promise (i.e. 100% satisfaction guarantee), you would be put through a wringer. Utterly disappointed.

Original review: May 16, 2019

First off, I have been a customer for quite a while and the service has been excellent 99% of the time and the local office has always been great. The issue I have just started when I never received my quarterly service and called to find out why. I was told that they called and left a message, which is impossible because the phone they have been calling for the last 5 years has no voice mail, so after scheduling I talked with a customer service rep, who could have not cared less. She said if they said they left a message then they probably called my wife's phone. My wife says she never got a message.

I told her that maybe I should go with a different pest control company since she really didn’t care how my service was missed. She said ok, I said, "You really don’t care if I go to a different company?", and she said no. So pretty much the corporate employee doesn’t care about the franchise's customers. I spoke with Drew from the local branch soon after this call and for now I am keeping Terminix, bottom line is if you have any issues get in touch with the local office that appreciates your business, or call corporate and get irritated.

Original review: May 16, 2019

This company has covered the termite protection on my home since construction 33 years ago. When I received my annual renewal it was paid in 4 payments over 6 weeks as has been done in the past. I received an e-mail stating they wanted to get me back as a customer. I called the company and told them I had went nowhere and that is when I was told my contract had been cancelled for not paying the entire bill at one time. I told them that's the way I had paid for over 30 years. I was told it had changed in 2019. When I told them I had not received a notification again I was told again it had changed. I ask them to reinstate my contract since they had been holding my payments. I was told that was not possible. I have spoken to several managers. Same answer. I was told could not write a new contract because I have a deck attached to my home.

Original review: May 11, 2019

This was the first time that we have had any pest control company on our property. We had an infestation of bed bugs that was brought home in suitcases. We followed Terminix instructions before their Service. Since their service we have had no signs of live bed bugs, only dead ones. The treatment is working!

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Terminix has been efficient and effective for insect control. They come quarterly, do their job and then leave. Their technician calls us about the scheduling of our service and let's us know when to expect him. His name is Kevin and he is just very, very friendly and accommodating. He answers our questions promptly or gives us information as to where we can get an answer. I would tell my friends to go with Terminix.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My mom had a termite inspection and the technician indicated she had a rat infestation under her house. He told my mom's caregiver that if they were that bad under the house, they'd be in the attic too. They looked in the attic and found nothing. I set a trap under the house and left it for three days. I caught nothing. My mom is 89 years old. I'm glad her caregiver was there.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Terminix took care of a termite problem professionally but their followup has been anything but professional or efficient. We called to have them rebury a termite trap, twice made appointments and twice they were a no show. Now they are billing us for services already paid for and when we call to complain they promise a callback from a manager that never happens. I miss my old termite company.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Bill is totally wrong. Very nice for beginning, then when you signed contract, always have hidden fees come up. You have to call a lot of toll free number and talk to unfriendly representatives. I’m already cancel all the services.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I’ve never had a worse experience with any other company in general. It seems like the technicians only show up to check off a box (if they actually do). This is the second time they’re supposed to be at my property and even for the first appointment, I kept calling customer service, they kept putting my calls in the “notes”, and claiming someone was out there.

After asking them to call before and upon arrival, they never do. They claim their technicians read the service order but why don’t they make an attempt to call me or my tenants if they are on their way or even while they are there. Even furniture companies do that. Why drive hours and leave without attempting to do what you came for? I don’t even believe they actually show up. Today I was on the phone with their office trying to reach the technician. Next update I get, the technician was at the property. My profile has both primary and secondary contact. No one showed up, knocked or rang the bell nor called the numbers on the profile. Please anyone know of any other company?

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have a contract with Terminix. This is my second year with them and I am very happy with the Service they provide. I originally contacted them two years ago for tiny ants that I had in my kitchen which I could not get rid of on my own. They came and treated the areas in my kitchen where the ants were present and I didn’t see them anymore and they have not returned. Since they have been spraying quarterly around the exterior of my house I have not seen any spiders in my house or other bugs outside. When my tech Carl comes for my quarterly service if he finds any spiderwebs, he removes them.

Terminix response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Kevin, our technician was professional, thorough, personable and extremely knowledgeable. He was always patient when answering my questions, which were many. He came for every requested follow up visit and put our minds at ease. Kevin is the best!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have had termite coverage with Terminix for my house in Bay Minette, Alabama for approx 20 yrs and the previous owners for approx. 10 yrs. Now they will no longer cover my house. According to Terminix their risk has increased for coverage of Formosan Termites. The inspector today said I no longer qualify for coverage even if I agreed to the new rate of $999.00 vs $360.00 a yr and a new treatment of $600.00. The reason: I have a synthetic deck with wood support that has been there for 20 yrs. So, no coverage for my house. This could happen to you! I am very upset that after being a loyal customer for 20 yrs they will no longer cover my house.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Tech was scheduled to inspect March 5 2019 but was not able to make appointment. Said he would enter the info to show inspection was complete and would come by the next day. I received an email stating inspection was completed and the pics of what tech found were of the floor of his truck and info stated our home was crawl space, we have a full basement. Never heard from anyone at Terminix for a follow up. Receive our bill and now there are two charges. One for the “liquid defend system” and one for “liquid defend system service plan”. Call customer service Monday April 22 asking for an explanation for why I am billed for two plans and also why there has been no inspection.

Customer service cannot answer and states local office will contact me. Thursday receive email from local office but it does not answer my question, replay with my contact info. Thursday call customer service and told will be contacted by local office. Call Friday, talk to customer service and transferred to customer service general manager who once again states I will be contacted by local office. One week later, have spoken to three customer service reps and one supervisor, but no one has tried to contact me. All I want is to play my bill and have my home inspected.

Original review: April 28, 2019

We contacted Terminix after having dealt with one of their employees in a work environment. At work I had found the Terminix employee to be knowledgeable and helpful when discussing work-related rodent problems, (and when we had an unwelcome guest show up in our attic at home, he was more than willing to troubleshoot ideas with me.) We attempted to solve the attic rodent problem in our home ourselves, but we found the critter to come and go, and was evading our home traps. One frustrating night we decided to call Terminix and left our contact information describing the problem. We began communicating through email with the sales and administration. We were told a flat fee that would have a technician coming to the house intermittently for 6 months and helping us to eradicate the problem. The initial interactions through email were prompt and to the point.

The technician showed up, we explained the problem. We asked where he thought the rodent could be getting in, and he said he wasn't sure at this point. He set some traps around the attic access panel and said he'd be back in a week. He advised us not to plug any hole we found, as with the warmer weather the critter would want to leave the attic. He was prompt upon his arrival the following week. He went directly into the attic and said nothing had been disturbed, he'd be back in next week.

During this next week, we located where we believed the rodent to be coming into the house. When the technician arrived the following week, we showed him the access point, he agreed that it was the likely spot of access and advised us putting a one way trap on it. This is where our dealing with Terminix went downhill. We were told at this point that having a one way trap placed on the rodent access point would cost us more. When we said we paid a flat rate, the technician informed us that this was an extra service.

We then asked what it was we were actually paying for? We had been charged hundreds of dollars, and our technician had been on our location for maybe 30 minutes, had not located the access point of the rodent, and had not caught the rodent. In all fact, he had not done anything that we ourselves had not done, and still have not done. We were under the impression when calling an "expert" that they would be providing a service that we ourselves would not be able to accomplish.

We then contacted sales and administration and were informed this was now a wildlife problem and they would have to be called in to place the one way trap at an extra cost. They were absolutely unwilling to aid us in any way and we were then told we had an interior package, and this was an exterior package problem. So needless to say, we'll be dealing with the problem ourselves, as we have been. This has been a complete waste of money.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Service tech said he came to my house and formed service and never did, I saw I was charged by the company for a service never performed. Then my wife and kids start to see ants and I called service center for a service date. Never got a callback. A week later I get a call from my wife that I had ants everywhere bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, closets. I didn't believe her 'til she sent a video. I called service center, tell them the problem, was told I will have service next day to only get a call from the local branch that they have nothing. They can send someone Monday. This is the worst company. I will never recommend them.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I am a older woman and feel like I am being taken advantage of by Terminix! Bought a house that had termites and hired Terminix to treat and I have stayed on their yearly plan to have them come do inspection to make sure there is no activity. So they come out several times and tell me everything looks good. No active termites present. Well I was having some wood replaced and guess what? Very much active termites still present.

I called to get a tech out and they didn't send one for 3 days. After I called I was in shock because for the last 2 years they have promised me no active termites so for 2 years I thought all is good. Even calling them a few times extra because of worrisome spots and the guy would say, "No. That's nothing." Well it was something and they have destroyed my main support beam across my garage. The cost is going to be thousands of dollars! The best part is that it has been 2 weeks still and no callback from anyone and was promised a call in 48 hours and still no one has called. Think I may just need to hire an attorney at this point. I am so upset and feel like people need to be aware how they treat their customers and save someone the devastation of this happening to them!

Original review: April 25, 2019

We have a long standing termite contract with Terminix. We found 3 places in wood floor in 3 separate rooms in our house with obvious termite damage and infestation after a recent annual inspection by 2 Terminix technicians. They told us there is no signs of termite. A few days later my cleaning maid found 3 separate places in the middle of 3 separate rooms where the termites have eaten through the wood floor with live termites crawling out of hollowed out wood floor. Multiple phone calls were diverted to overseas call center whose operator can not even understand English.

We got the runaround. Every phone call says there is no record of the previous call. Eventually an inspector showed up after speaking to the manager of the operator. But no corrective action or follow-up contact after many days. Another phone call today again says there is no record of our previous contact and the inspection has to be repeated. I do not know whether the poor service is sheer incompetence or a deliberate company policy to frustrate customer complaints to save money.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I recently inherited a house that has termite damage after their services were paid for over 19 years! This company is very sketchy! I asked for the contract to be emailed to me & they have yet to do it & they won’t! They say they are not responsible for termite damage??!! They supposedly did annual inspections every year but now I have termites! Tell me how you could possibly have any peace of mind with a company that operates this way? Take my word for it, check the reviews from the BBB. I don’t know how they have a rating this higher from Consumer Affairs after everything I’ve seen as far as reviews.

Original review: April 24, 2019

The company sales representative was a very kind and explained the inspection process, bait station and the chemicals used. I was very happy to see the company is willing to negotiate the price after we stated our bottom line price we were willing to pay. I wish I would've gotten a quote for big and spidering control. I didn't realize at the time Terminix did that as well.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Karen! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Called to schedule appointment. Verified multiple times the date and exactly what was to take place on the appointment date. Representative reconfirmed each time. When they didn't show up I called. The excuses I got was...1. The technician was driving so they couldn't reach him but he was on his way. They gave me the Tech's name. 30 minutes later, still no Tech. Next excuse was that the Tech didn't have a phone but Service Mgr would call me in next few minutes. 30 minutes later, I called again. Was told my appointment was the following day. They didn't have anybody by the name they told me was the Tech who was on his way an hour ago AND the info the representative gave me during the initial call was all incorrect. I had taken the day off work and was boarding my animals and was told my appointment was the following day. All they could say after confirming everything prior was incorrect was 'sorry'. Will NEVER use or recommend them.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville