4.32/5
Based on 3,300 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10223 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I had ants and I was treating them myself with the liquid that I get at Walmart. And each time I used that, they’d disappear, but then they’d come back. I called Terminix and their technician came and sprayed outside on all the windows and at the bottom of the windows all around the house, and the ants all went away. The only problem was on the outside of the windows, there are little spots where his spray went. But that’s all right, I can live with that as long as it got rid of the ants, which it did. He did a good job and he was very pleasant.

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have a quarterly service with Terminix where they come out and spray for bugs. They always coordinate the schedule with me. I’ve had good interactions with the technicians. They’re always friendly, straight to the point, and if we need to reschedule, it’s always open. I was satisfied with their most recent visit. But due to the fact that I have water problems in my backyard, my mosquito problem has amplified, in which I was going to rectify the next time they'll come out.

The customer service side of the business was a little confusing. Terminix had sent something in the mail which had the wrong address. I don’t know how it could be the wrong address when I haven’t changed anything. And also, there was a problem in the beginning when I was trying to transfer the policy over to my account. There was some sort of issue when I bought the house. I spoke to the rep and informed them that I didn’t have access to the account, but I was now the owner of the home, and I needed to switch everything over. I gave them my phone number, as well as my email address. And for some reason, for about a couple months, they ended up cancelling my service because they didn’t update the credit card information. So, that was a little bit of a stress initially, but since that was rectified, I haven’t had any other problems since.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We had a mouse in our garage that we couldn't get rid of. When Terminix did the service scheduling in the beginning, they screwed it up. But the tech who came out here, Ryan, was so awesome. He was nice on the phone, he listened to everything I said and he came back twice because the mouse kept eating through the wire mesh. Ryan got poison out there and the mouse is no longer around. Terminix gives good prices for the service they offer. I would recommend them if people have a problem.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We were having an ant problem so the Terminix tech came in to take a look. He was able to identify where the ant source was and give us solutions of what to do in order to prevent the issue. As far as his suggestions of sealing the windows and putting a new door hinge thing on, everything seems to be going well. We’ve also always had a really good experience with Terminix because of their responsiveness. We have what we call showroom parties and for that, we would have the technician come in, spray and check to make sure we don’t have any bugs. And he always responds quickly whenever we call him.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I moved into my home a year and a half ago and I wanted to get it sprayed. It was great when we scheduled a service with Terminix. It was easy and fast. They sprayed the exterior and interior of our home. The technician was thorough, friendly and he did a good job. I have lots of dead bugs now so it's good. It was a good experience and I told other people to call Terminix.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We had been a little behind paying our Terminix bill and it was due in May. I got it paid in June, but the service guy had not made his yearly check up on the termite thing. We were out of town in June for a couple of weeks and I got no text. I kept waiting and then I decided to call them. At first, the rep I spoke with was determined to tell me that he had been here. I said, "No, no, he hasn't. I always get a text, which I appreciate, and there has been no text." She just kept saying, "Well, he's been there," and finally I said, "Look, we have a privacy fence. He couldn't get in. So, my traps that are in the backyard, he couldn't have even treated. There's been nothing. He has not reached me in any way, shape or form."

They then sent a guy, and I don't know who this guy was, but he thought he knew everything. He took the termite traps apart partially but not everyone of them and he said they were fine. He didn't inspect each one because sometimes they're hard to find. We know where they're at because they've been in there a while, and we tried to keep them uncovered with the moss, but sometimes the moss is on top of them. So we always try to go out and make sure that they're there. We got two places where there are double traps. My husband was in the backyard with him, and he said, "He took that apart and didn't even used gloves." And he didn't have the same equipment that the other guy used. I was really upset. It's a lot of money to spend almost $400 a year to get some lunatic come in here. My husband could have done what he did, but he wouldn't have known what to look for.

That other visit was a total joke. He got out of a regular car with a Terminix sticker thing on it, but he didn't have any equipment. Other than that, the guy that comes, Ashton, always lets me know when he's coming. He notifies me again in the morning to remind me to unlock the gate. He does a thorough job and he's very mannerly and courteous. So, he's been great, and we appreciate that. I am not dissatisfied with the man who comes for the bugs but I am dissatisfied with the termite man. So, I would not recommend Terminix right now for termites. For the amount of money we spent for the year, I don't feel like we got the job done.

Terminix response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I’m very happy with Terminix' service. I got mosquito service and the guy calls me a day ahead of time. He knocks on the door and says, “I’m here doing your work.” He’s always excellent. However, I still have insects in my house. Terminix came out and sprayed inside again but it’s just not working. I thought I paid for a bug-free house, but I guess that’s impossible to do. However, it’s much better than before.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I can schedule a service with Terminix online and tell them when I'm available or they can have a tech call me to schedule in person. When we had some small beetles in our sink, they came out, did an investigation and an additional service on the exterior of the house and let us know what products to use to clean the house to assist in keeping them away.

We've only had three services so far and the contractors sent were always very polite. They come to the door and let us know what they're doing, ask us if we noticed anything or we have any issues that they need to be alerted to or be paying attention for, and then go about their business. And then when they're done, they give us a printout of everything that they applied or dusted with that day, and are on their way. I encourage others to use Terminix. Whatever things they're keeping out of their house, Terminix keeps them farther from mine.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Everything’s improving since we've had Terminix's service. There’s still a little bit of work to do with the pest activity, but what used to be really bad problem has already turned 70% better. Scheduling the services is good and they come every month. They let our office know when they come. Everything was a good experience and I recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I called Terminix when I discovered I had termites. They treated the outside and were very knowledgeable and professional. They explained what they were doing and how the process works. They explained that they had to get the material directly to the nest and not just where the termites were at the time. So they educated me on the procedure. Then they did exactly what they said they were gonna do. They were very thorough and they got the job done the first time. They got rid of the termites right away and now, we're good. I was very satisfied with their service and I’d tell everybody to use Terminix.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I've been using Terminix for five years now, and the pest activity in our property has been under control. Initially, they did the tenting of the house for termites, and then I signed an annual contract where they come in and inspect the house for termites once a year. I also have a contract for spraying around the house for spiders and bugs.

Terminix has been good about staying on schedule. They notify me by text that they’ll be coming to give me a heads-up. And when I need them to come into the house to check anything, I’m usually able to coordinate it for a time that’s convenient for me. The technicians have been fine. They seem fairly knowledgeable about what they're doing. They’re quick and in and out. But they don’t go the extra step that I’d like to see. They just look at what they’re supposed to look at, and if I need something, I usually have to point it out to them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have a contract with Terminix and I recently scheduled with them for grasshoppers, a few outdoor roaches and spiders. The technician was great and I wish we’d get him every time. He's very friendly, helpful and thorough when explaining things. However, the service isn't working and I'm thinking of the possibility of cancelling. I’m getting spiders in my house though it's not that big of a deal, but grasshoppers and roaches are still a problem outside. The things that are working the most are the little sticky traps that they give me, but I could buy those at Home Depot for 20 bucks.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was getting those really big water bug roaches. Terminix told me they are water bugs, but they look like giant roaches. Their service has been really good. When the techs came and sprayed, they were really nice. The first time they came they were very professional and did their job well. The second time, I wasn't home but I got an email and I was given a chart of what the tech did and where she sprayed.

I went with another pest control company because they were cheaper. But it didn't solve my problem. I was still getting a lot of roaches and stuff. So I had to let them go. But whatever medicine Terminix uses and their whole process, I have no complaints with. I would get a couple of roaches here and there, but they were not alive very long. They would just tilt over and die. So I'm very happy with Terminix as my choice.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Their product does not work. Their customer service is even worse. They treated my house inside and out. 3 weeks later, still had bugs. Called them, they scheduled for someone to come out without letting me know, I found out through my account on website, but that didn't matter because they were no call no show anyway. Spoke with manager about this, he schedules another appointment for 2 days later, once again, no call no show. We told them we wanted our money back, manager agreed, still waiting after months and they keep sending Bill's. Paid for termite control at the same time, full year in advance, they keep sending bills and calling saying we owe money. We keep going back and forth with different people. Waste of time and waste of money. Even after proving to them we paid full year for termite control they still want to argue. Thinking about hiring lawyer now.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

It's been a very good experience with Terminix. From the initial treatment, they got 90% of the pest activity. We just found another area last week where there were termites that we didn't find on the initial inspection. Since I've got one of the managers' phone numbers, I left him a voicemail, which what I usually do to schedule and eventually he gets back to me. Their technicians came out on time and they treated for it. If my neighbors ask me about Terminix, I'd tell them that they definitely should get a hold of them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We have a house in Tennessee and it had some bugs that looked like it was coming from the roof there. We called Terminix as it looked like salt and pepper on the edge of the countertop in the kitchen. They treated it and then we had to call them out three times and they still really never took care of it 100%. I finally thought it might be something else. We found out later, which I kept saying I thought we had a water leak up there. This year, we had our roof replaced and I really thought that had something to do with the bug-looking thing ‘cause there wasn’t anything moving and so we went ahead and did the whole thing where Terminix would come out every quarter. One time, when my granddaughter was there, she said that the guy that came out was very snooty although I didn’t know if that was the same guy that came out the last time or two. Each time I had somebody, it seemed like it was different.

When I was there this summer, I made the appointment and told them what they needed to have done. I sat at home all day and when I finally called, they said that they got it scheduled for the next day. They changed it three times in a row without telling me, which really pissed me off. When the guy finally came out, I mentioned it to him and he said, “They just messed up.” I said, “Well, that’s easy to say,” and I didn’t like that at all. When I set a schedule, I need that done or someone needs to call me, not just for me to call in and be able to hear the scheduled date. I then told the guy that I wanted the inside and outside. There was something else I had asked him about and he just looked at me and said that I could go to the store and get something for that. I told him that I’m paying him to do it.

I went on a trip in August and we got back on the 11th. The lady from Terminix told me that they came out on the 15th and I said that I’ve been here ‘cause I was getting things ready to start bringing to Florida. They had that thinking, “Well, she’s not there anyway.” So if I keep pushing it out, then I don’t have to go. If they're moving this date without talking to me, then they're not even gonna come out to my house. I told the lady that we'd just cancel it and we take care of the spraying the house anyway.

We weren't there most of the year and if we're gonna be there and have nothing else to do, we wait for them for two or three days and they should make sure that they schedule and that they are coming. Otherwise, we're gonna get charged for something that never had been. If they would leave a paper that said they were there, that would make more sense. I would know that somebody had been there and I missed them. We have Terminix down here in Florida too, but it’s through our HOA. What the HOA does is they schedule from 9:00 to 1:00 or 1:00 to 4:00, and one time, I missed it by one minute ‘cause I was leaving and I thought I couldn’t catch him. But what they do is leave a card, “I’ve missed you” or something like that so then I’ve had to call and reschedule.

Terminix response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Terminix have done my termite inspections for 20 years. They send me an email when they're coming. They always wanna come too early, so I call them and reschedule the date to when it should be. And the man comes out and does a good job. When I first got them, I had one section of the house that had activity. When they came in I had a little activity five years later and they replaced some wood and I haven't had any since. The service is a little pricey, but you gotta have somebody do it.

Terminix response

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

The techs from Terminix came out here yesterday. Their demeanor was excellent and they were professional. They went around, did what they were contracted to do, and did a good job. They also gave us a good report. From my experiences, Terminix techs were on target.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a service with Terminix that comes every three months. We live right next to an open space, so we do tend to get a lot of bugs and their service seems to be working well. I called a representative one time 'cause we had mice. The tech was a nice guy and he seemed very thorough. He told me they don’t use traps because this is California, and we have to be politically correct. We can’t kill the mice, they have to step on those sticky things. He also told me to call him when I got the mice, and he'd come back and replace the sticky things. So, I had to call them twice and he came back both times.

We used to have a small company and Terminix bought them. We went from having a small independent company where you knew everybody, to a company that has no clue who you are when you call them. Like every other large company, it’s just some person on the phone and he or she doesn’t really care. It’s a job and they’re making whatever they make, and as soon as I hang up, they’re on to somebody else.

Terminix response

Jack,Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I wanted protection from pest issues and had Terminix do maintenance for me. They come to me every three months and spray for termites. Their techs tell me when they're gonna come and they're very courteous and conscious when they get to my place. Since getting them for service, I still don't have any pest activity in my home.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My husband was present when one of the managers came out and Terminix found the place where there were roaches. They took care of it and my husband said he very much liked the last guy who came out. Since the last treatment, I've seen one or two roaches but not too many and I noticed that the technique used depends on the technician.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Terminix is a great service. They’ve been out here for various reasons. They came out last week and sprayed outside and inside, and it was part of a contract deal that we signed. We were having some spider activity and some ants, so they took care of that. The biggest problem we’re having is bed bugs. We’ve been fighting them for several years now and they keep coming back. We made a contract with Terminix and the bed bug spraying was included in it, and they guarantee their work. So, anytime we have a problem, they come out and spray and treat again for bed bugs.

I call the Terminix office to set up appointments and the process is easy. I haven’t had any problem with that at all. The last time they sent a tech out, we had a pre-scheduled appointment, but for the bed bug thing, I notified them. The same technician usually comes and we've had fine interactions with him. Since starting with Terminix, we haven’t seen any spiders and bugs unless they were dead. We also have trouble with hornets and yellow jackets and my only complaint is that I tell them about it, but nothing ever gets done about it. So, we have to keep dealing with it by ourselves. Still, overall, I’ve been happy with their service. I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My experience with Terminix has been fair and scheduling my service has been okay. The reps usually call me to say that it's time for my service. When the techs come out, they knock on the door first to say that they’re there, then they offer to spray inside the house if I need it. I found some insects that are in the air and that go as far as around the edges, so they took care of the outside, the garage, and the bathrooms. The techs were nice and knew what they were doing. Since they've come out, the situation has been better with regards to the pest activity in and around the property. I live on a slab and some of the walls are on the outside, so I had some that go around the edges outside and inside because I don’t like creepy crawlers. Sometimes, I go barefoot and I don’t wanna step on something smooth that moves.

I’ve already talked to a few people about Terminix. They said that the service is expensive, which it is, but if they think about all the pesticides that have to be bought, the worries, the spraying, and all the time they have to put into pest control, they’re gonna be putting in just as much energy, money and time. I also told them that if I stayed ahead of the game, I wouldn’t have to worry about the after-effects.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I had Terminix come out and seal my house about a year ago and I've had them intermittently. The last time, I had them spray for mosquitoes around my house. They got out quickly and the technician explained what he was gonna do. He did a good job, but the stuff didn't work. The mosquitoes were gone for about four days, and now they're back. I live next to a creek, so that's the problem.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I got the fumigation service from Terminix in August and it got done but I never heard from them again. The rep called me and said Terminix was gonna send somebody but she also said that she didn’t have anybody so that was weird. They were supposed to come and do a review but the sales guy never called back. He just came in and sold the job but the follow up was crappy. It was very unprofessional. I paid close $2000 cash and I expected a little bit more like asking me if everything turned out okay or if I had any questions.

The guys who did the work were in a hurry too. They left a plant inside the perimeter and they could have moved it themselves but they were lazy and seemed to be in a rush to make money. I got home and saw that the plant got ruined. Terminix is doing their job but they should have a customer’s best interest in hand. Maybe $2000 is not anything for them but for somebody that works hard, Terminix should make them feel comfortable and assured that their property and their homes are in good hands with Terminix.

Terminix response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our service.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I've been using Terminix for four years, and I appreciate the services and the time in the day that they arrive. They do our service routinely every three months. It’s scheduled that way. They call me a day before a service to let me know that our service is coming up and then they’ll call me or text me the day about an hour before just to let me know that they’ll be arriving at a certain time. So, it’s convenient. Most recently, their guy came in, did what he had to do in the front of the house, inside the house, and the backyard.

When the technicians are here, I ask them what they’re doing and they usually explain to me exactly what they’re spraying and what they are putting in my yard. I let them know the area around the house where I feel there are more insects and what kind of insects are there, and they easily have something to treat particularly insects like ants and roaches. They concentrate on bugs, so they’re good. If I will not get service from Terminix, I’ll more than likely see a lot more insects in the house.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I use Terminix for termite and pest control and I also have them tent the house once. They set up a schedule for me and they stay within the schedule which I can also modify as I need to. But I have a full-blown remodeling going on right now so I can't have them come in here and do the services 'cause it would be baseless. I called to have them cancel the next couple appointments till December and the tech never got the memo so he showed up here at the house. Apart from that, the pest activity has been pretty mellow and I hardly ever run into any spiders. We also tented the house about six months ago and that solved the issue and I haven't seen any termite swarms anymore.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have been with Terminix for three years. I have them come at my property every quarter and do outdoor perimeter spraying. They call me beforehand and they’ve done everything correctly. The guys over the phone were very easy to talk to and they know what they were doing. Since their most recent service the pest activity around my property has lessened. They got rid of my bugs. I have rescheduled a service with them one time when I thought they got rid of moles and they don’t get rid of moles. Overall, Terminix is great and it is very effective.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Terminix comes out quarterly for pests and they also come out annually for termites. The technicians call me ahead of time and tell me that they're coming, but there's never any evidence that they actually showed up. When I moved into the house, there were a lot of carpenter ants. There still are a lot of carpenter ants and I've mentioned that to them and tried to watch to make sure they adjust the chemicals to deal with these things. They're both inside and outside the house, and they haven't seem to go away. Still, Terminix provides good service. The agent I called seemed to be responsive. So, we're generally pleased.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Terminix has been our pest control service for eight years and they did what they needed to do. They were quick, efficient and friendly. They set the schedule on a quarterly basis. They send me a reminder, which is good, in case I need to change it by a day or two. I get an email or something a week ahead of time or so. The technicians have been responsive to any concerns. It’s a good and efficient service.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville