Call toll free
4.18/5
Based on 2,667 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Terminix has earned a reputation of providing superior protection against termites and pests since 1927. Our innovative practices and expertly trained technicians make sure that your home and property are protected.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

10509 Terminix Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

The last experience I had with Terminix was I got a notice on my phone that the tech was on his way and I couldn't break free from what I was doing then. When I came home, I found a ticket of service and it was for supposedly spraying the entire house which was impossible. The backyard at my house is a privacy fence that’s six foot tall and I have a gate on each side of my house and they remained locked at all times.

This has happened one other time, that I have been unavailable, which means the tech cannot get into my backyard. So the only thing he could have serviced would have been about probably 75 feet at the front of my house. Also, the tech doesn’t do the interior at all. He does the complete outside when I’m here. I stay out there with him. And he kinda cleans the spider webs down off of the front porch and around the front and the back of the house. He usually takes care of that but that was not done this past time.

The reason they can’t get the tech to come back to treat is because of a bill. It was an August treatment that has not been paid in full. We have already talked and Terminix said that they were gonna call the service manager. The service manager was gonna call me and see what he can do about this bill. Other than that, I’m satisfied. The tech comes once a quarter. He pulls his long hose out and sprays around the exterior of my house and if he doesn’t put the spray, he usually comes with the pellets and he sprinkles them around the entire perimeter of my house. I would recommend Terminix to somebody else.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Lyle! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Terminix stopped by our house. The main thing they were talking about were bugs and spiders, and I do have those. They scheduled to come every three months and the technicians have been very helpful. The last time they said I didn’t have to be home, so I wasn’t home to start with, but then I got home before he left. One thing I told the tech about is that I still get those little sow bugs in the basement. So, he put these little things that has little stickies on it that the bugs might get caught on there. And then for the next time, maybe, we could tell more where they were coming in from. The pest activity hasn’t stop completely, but it has gone down since the service. I’ve been happy with Terminix.

Terminix response

Thank you, Judie! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Terminix's representatives are fine, although a couple of times before, we had to call to have somebody come back out. Their technicians didn’t install the caps that protect dogs and kids from the poison inside of those things. Also, at times before their guy rushed around and then got away as fast as possible. But this last time, we had our termite system checked and I’m fairly satisfied with the service we received.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

It was a good experience with Terminix. They usually call me when scheduling for service. They’ll call a few days in advance. I talked to a lady and she let me know when the technician was coming. The technician was nice and the service was good. He called me and he told me what time he would be out. And he was here when he said he was, and he went about doing his job. He has done a good job. We don’t have a lot of bugs now.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

For preventative measures, Terminix comes out quarterly, and they are screening and spraying around the house. Everything is going well and we’re happy with the service. They've come out twice, and the last technician that came out was very professional, friendly and helpful. I had a couple of questions that I asked him and he answered.

Terminix response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I've had Terminix for several years and they’re prompt when scheduling the service. The reps are also professional over the phone. But I’m thinking about changing companies if I can find another that would be responsive. I get the feeling that it’s hard to sell Terminix's services and that they’re too expensive. When I called them for mice control, I expected to pay extra. But they wanted to charge $1,500. I didn't expect that and in the end, I used someone else. The pest control on the outside is good though. Most recently, they checked the outside bait.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Terminix is a fine company and the technicians that I worked with did a good job. We usually weren’t here when they were here but they always let us know when they're coming and they're very professional about that. However, since our credit card has changed, they haven't been able to get a hold of us and we're not answering the calls. Nonetheless, over the long haul, the pest control service done by Terminix has been good. It's one of those deals where my wife will see a silverfish three days after they’ve been here. She freaks out a little bit, but then we don’t see any for two months. We also had some rodents in the attic. They came out a couple of times even though it wasn't the same as our quarterly service. While we don't need Terminix right now, I'm sure we'll be back when we need them at some point.

Terminix response

Thank you, Mike! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My husband was not well so we had to go to the doctor and I asked Terminix if they could come after 1 on the day of the appointment. My husband likes to walk around with the Terminix staff because we have stations behind the garage and places where people wouldn’t know where they are. When the Terminix staff is here, normally, he checks the stations and that’s all he does. If they’re wet, he replaces the little piece that goes inside. We have 18 stations, so that's a lot. We went to the doctor and when we came back, there was a card in the mailbox which was annoying. It was a very bad experience. Also, there were times that they would just come. I’ve had Terminix for a long time and I asked the staff other things. He would say that they gotta come into the house and look at it instead of asking me if I would like to make an appointment.

My daughter bought an old house and I sent Terminix to her. She had them a couple of years but she was very dissatisfied. She called another extermination company and was much more pleased with them. My contract is up end of December, so I have to figure out what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try her company and see what they tell me and then, maybe I'll come back to Terminix.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

For the two years that I’ve been using Terminix, they did well on some things and not on other things. I use them to get rid of fleas, and I haven’t had a flea since they’ve been spraying. They come regularly and they’ve been coming on their own about every two months. The technician is good and he does his job.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We started with Terminix 20 years ago in Florida for termite protection, and they've been really good. They come quarterly, or if I need them, they will come on a call. Since the beginning, all the technicians have been wonderful, friendly and helpful. The pest activity in our home has been nonexistent since their service. However, they send their bills out way too soon and they're always trying to get me to pay in advance. It's not really a problem and some people like it, but I don’t. Still, we've been satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I had termite insurance with Terminix for about 10 years on my winter house in Florida. Their scheduling function was very good. Although the cost was expensive, Terminix sent very, very competent techs who did annual inspection and treatment on the house.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The day I’d bought my house, I bought the termite policy. They put their baits traps and all their crap around the house. I paid Terminix $300 a year for 15 years and $4500 later, I went to use it the first time, believing I had termites, but they told me that I had the wrong kind of termites and my policy didn’t count. That’s what really was not very happy. How the hell would a consumer know one termite from another? I wound up having to get another company to come and take care of it.

I have a normal service contract and I’m a yearly person. There is a predetermined scheduled and they send me an email and tell me when my person would be here. Then they come and go. But they’re here six minutes and they charge me 100 bucks. That’s my normal experience with Terminix. They walk around the house and spray a little bit of insecticide. They call a perimeter patrol and wipe down any spider webs, if they see it. Sometimes, they spend more time filling out my paperwork and sitting in my driveway. I’m not a moron so I know what it is. All these trucks have GPSes and their companies are watching their service times.

I don't have a lot of pest activity in my home but I have a lot of ant issues. We live in Florida and mostly, I take care of them myself because when you try to reschedule with Terminix, you talk to some person that really has an attitude and then they tell you someone would be here between 2:00 and 5:00. But in order to be able to pay that bill, I gotta go to work between 2:00 and 5:00. So I take care of the ant problems myself. Basically, I’m just paying Terminix for the hell of it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Terminix wanted to spray, so they came out. Todd, the tech,was a good and cool guy. He was also pretty knowledgeable. But once he left, some more ants were there the next day. I called Terminix back and Todd came back out again. He said that he could try to make it in one day but I wasn't there when he arrived and I missed him. But initially, he came back on the scheduled appointment time and my wife wasn't there. But he went out and did some other things around the house, so it was okay. So far, the ants are still in and it's kind of frustrating because every time I call Terminix, there's a two or three-day wait. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody else. I want to quit my services as well though I don't think I can. But after this contract, I will no longer be with Terminix.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We bought our new home and we needed some service. We chose Terminix and we have service from them every three months. When the technician comes out, she's very courteous. She also does what she's supposed to do. Since our service with Terminix, the pest activity in our home has been a whole much better. But sometimes, the chemicals they use are not as effective as I hope it would. From time to time, I see these little bugs, so Terminix techs had to come back. And when they do, they recheck and do what they need to do. I would suggest them to others.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I was having some work done to finish some spaces in my house. I wanted to have a service to kinda spray before I close stuff in. I went to Terminix online, requested an appointment and somebody called me. One of their guys came out to review what I wanted to do and everything was fine.

Terminix response

Thank you, Larry! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We have monthly service with Terminix. We started about a year ago on the monthly pest control because of the little bugs and stuff inside the church. Our church is not open through the week as far as 8:00 to 5:00 and when the technician comes out, he doesn’t call us or anything. He just services the outside. We’ve had Terminix for termites for a while, but also last year we found out that even though they were coming out inspecting for termites, we have termites on the inside. But we have nobody to actually stay down at the church until the technician comes.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Terminix has been coming out regularly once a month for at least 2 years now. They do routine maintenance. The technician does his whole thing outside and then asks if there's anything going on inside, and usually there's not. He was here Thursday or Friday and it was fun! He's doing great! He's doing his job and we're happy. We don't have bugs and we're satisfied with the service.

Terminix response

Thank you, Betsy! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

There seems to be a huge gap between Customer Service and local branches. I received a notice that my account was delinquent and "suspended" for non-pay. I called the Manager at the branch to discuss immediately. Left a voicemail message indicating that my account could not be delinquent as it was on "auto-pay" to my AMEX. When I called Customer Service they said that my account was cancelled by the Manager back in July of 2018. I did have a conversation with him but we did not leave the call with cancelling my contract.

I called again today and advised that I had not had service in over two months and that I had not cancelled my contract and that there was a service interruption. I asked for an accommodation to the billing since this was not my error. I also asked for a price for a 2019 renewal and was provided a lower fee. When the CSR called the branch office she was told that no accommodation could be made because the local branch did not have internet service. She said I could wait to hear from someone or just "cancel the contract".

I have only had service for a year and during this time had over 4 different technicians due to turn-over. Additionally, I was advised by a technician that I had to pay for service between my quarterly visits while I still had pests. The CSR said this was inaccurate information. I have tried to continue service to no avail. Terminix is very difficult to do business with in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Terminix comes out for an annual termite inspection. I'll give them information and they would forget all that so, it seems like every year, I have to start all over again. And at the very least, I have to reschedule with them when I won't be there. Then once I get an inspection schedule, the first people that I've worked with have been satisfactory.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Terminix is very good. I have a yearly thing with them where they come out and check for termites, and they let me know about the schedule by phone or mail. Their reps do the right thing and the techs who come out look and crawl all over the place. They come and really do their own thing. I just follow and watch them. And so far, I don't have termites.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Terminix gives you your money’s worth and their service works well. I've had their pest control for about 6 years now and I've only had a few interactions with their reps because most of them have accomplished what I needed to accomplish. There have been different technicians and some of them have been what I consider good. However, there was one time some of them have ignored what I told them, which didn’t make me happy. So, I'm satisfied with their service most of the time because I'm still taking it. There are fewer scorpions now and I'm happy about that. I knew from the get-go that they would likely not get rid of them 100%, but they’ve been cut down tremendously. I would recommend Terminix.

Terminix response

Thank you, Melinda! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I had ants inside my weep hole and they had crept into my home. I called Terminix and since Terminix came out, I didn’t have ants anymore. I’ve been with Terminix about two years now and I’m on a routine schedule with them. This past year, I called them out four times in between because I might have seen a spider and wanted to get it sprayed again. Their service is going fine. However, I had a problem with the new guy who had started to come during the summer. At that time, he wasn’t very professional. I didn’t like the interaction between us and I didn’t like the fact that he was calling me ‘Bud’. I wrote a little report up. I sent an email back to him voicing my concerns about it. After that, it seemed like it was taken care of because the interaction between us now is totally different. So, it’s okay now. Other than that, everything is fine with Terminix. I appreciate what they do and I’m very happy with it.

Terminix response

Thank you, Antonio! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I live out in the country, and Terminix came out because of the bugs and the rats. They come out ever three months, and they tell me when it is time for a service. The tech who comes is very nice and accommodating. The job he does is very good. As far as bugs, I don't really have much of that anymore. They seem to take care of the rats when I do have that problem. But, the rats and the mice come every year, and we are not getting rid of them permanently.

Also, the bill goes up and up, but I can call and get it back down to a certain amount -- I am a senior citizen. So, I do like that part. I told the technician, "You know what, I guess I'm gonna just have to quit. I just can't afford more than $80." He said, "Well, let me call, and I'll get it down for you." And, so, he did. Because I had a different technician and I wasn't home when the technician came when they billed me, I called him and told him, and they downed it. If they are gonna give me the discount, they should just do it. They don't just automatically give it to me. I shouldn't have to call every month to get it done.

The billing process has changed. It was that I could pay the technician-- because most of the time, I was here as he told me he was coming on a certain day, the night before. But the way they've got the thing set up now, I can't really do that. So they have to bill me, and then I have to pay them. I had a little problem one time when I gave the technician a check, and they had put a new system in. As to how to get the check to the billing department, it wasn't getting done. They called me and they wanted me to pay for it right away. I said that I've written the check, and I'm not paying for it. Nevertheless, I only had that problem once.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Faithe! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Yesterday, the Terminix technician went to all the rooms, sprayed and checked everything out for us. Lee usually comes to our house and he's really awesome. He gets things done and straightened. We were supposed to have a five-point inspection and Terminix reps kept calling about it but we have yet to have someone come out and actually do that.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Joan! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

When we moved into our new home, there were termite ants, the black ones, on the front walk. Our friend did the construction work and he said that we better get it because it could do damage. So I called up Terminix. They came and then they came back a couple of weeks later because it took time for them to kill the ants and they were inside the house as well. The man's name was Anthony and he sprayed the windows in the back and the front where we saw the ants. He also did in the house wherever we saw the ants.

What happened though was that I had paid all the way through November. But last time, he came and said he would see me in February. I called up and they said that the bugs were in hibernation because of the cold. I didn't feel like paying for something like that. I called to cancel it but the woman I spoke with said that I didn't have to. She said I could just not pay for that quarter and that's what I'm doing. My daughter was also afraid that there would termites because the first time that the plank was removed, there were termites there. Anthony told me that it's a different contract but I don’t see anything and if the termites do get to the wood, we're gonna know it.

Anthony was very nice and thorough, and he explained things. You can't get better than having a stranger come to your home, who's gonna fix the problem, and he explains to you what you have. There were also bees on a deck leading into the house where I left the dogs sitting. He told me that these black ants were coming from a tree that's over 100 years old. I've had other people that I didn’t want here. They were here once and I got rid of them. Initially, my Realtor got me someone but this guy was charging me an arm and a leg, and nothing was being done.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I use Terminix for termites. I've been using their services since 1996 and they come out for year-end inspections. They did a spray that's supposed to last and kill everything out. They just come back each year to see if there is any termite activity. I get an email in the evening telling me that they made an appointment and that technicians are gonna be here the next day. But a lot of times, my schedule doesn’t reflect that so they need to improve their customer service in making their appointments. Also, their technicians have been very young and questionably experienced for the last couple of years. They've been polite, though.

Terminix response

Thank you, Bob! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The previous owners of my place signed up with Terminix and I kept it going because of the termite problem. Also, Terminix has a guarantee that if I stay with them, then future treatments and future damage would be covered. I've had their service for 10 years now and I haven't had any termites. Apparently, their treatments are effective. My interactions with the technicians have been favorable. They call me, they schedule, and they're very timely. They come out and look and they are polite.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

They are very inconsiderate. You are afraid to ask for help. They do not return your calls or texts at appropriate times. They did not bring mouse or rat traps with them and try to get your money and then give you really bad service. I am so disappointed. I'm disgusted. I have been very patient. I have wasted days waiting for them and they wouldn't show up. I want a refund and I even don't think they deserved one star. Will hire another company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We were doing preventative care, but we had a big issue in our house with spiders. We were with a Colorado local pest service before but we switched over to Terminix because they were cheaper and they said that they might be able to deal with the spider problem a little better. The first time they came through, they came inside and did all the baseboards in all the bedrooms and around the house whereas my previous pest service didn't because they only did the exteriors. From what I could tell, we've been doing a little better on the spider side with Terminix which is good 'cause I hate spiders. I have a quarterly plan set up with them and overall, they're a pretty decent pest control.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

When I had Terminix come out for bedbugs, everything went as scheduled and planned. The service was well-done and the pest activity has been considerably down since then. Plus, the interactions with the technician were very good. I'd tell friends that they shouldn’t shy away from Terminix.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville