4.2/5 (327 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We've been using Terminix for years and they're dependable. They come and we have them spray for the pest control every three months. Then we have the termite inspection done once a year. Our tech is retiring by the end of this year and I don't know how it'll be after he leaves. He’d be here every three months like he said and he sprayed pretty thoroughly. We have a storage room that he sprays in, too. He does a good jo and I'm sure when we get somebody new they'll do a great job, too.

Terminix response

Thank you, Kay! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Technicians come out to service for rodents and pests every once in a while and they are quite professional. Sometimes we see some pests fairly frequently. When this happens, we call back and ask for somebody to come back out again. I'm on Hawaii Island and I always receive Terminix emails for all sorts of information stating the services they offer. For instance, there was gutter cleaning. But when I called Terminix about that extra service, they said it was not available on the island. Terminix offers nationwide service but it sounds like there's a much narrower suite of services available here. Other than that, everything else is fine.

Terminix response

Thank you, John! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Terminix came by pretty much a little early, and did what they needed to do and left. We had some ants going on in the kitchen. So, they came in and took care of the ants. So far, so good. We have them out every other month as the standard routine, but with our service plan, if we see something, they come out at no additional charge as part of the package. I’m very satisfied. The technician does a great job and knows what he’s doing.

Terminix response

Thank you, Gillis! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

When I had the initial consultation, the guy answered all my questions. Also they were reasonably priced. I had Terminix come check the termite traps and the guy was very nice. He did a great job and I liked him. Every time I have called and asked a question, Terminix has been helpful. My experience has been very good. I'm very happy with them.

Terminix response

We are delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I was infested with rats and mice. It was terrible. I've had Terminix for six months now and since they've been doing treatments, there has been no pest activity. But it was in the summertime and rats don't go in houses at that time. Now that the weather has changed, I need to keep an eye on them more closely. The only other thing is I am not pleased with Terminix's scheduling system. If you call them, you have to leave a recorded message. I did that several times that I called and got no response. That may be why I have a new representative.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

After much frustration and over a month of trying to reach our exclusion technician and Terminix management to carry out more exclusion services at our home, we have yet to hear anything. The pest trapping service has been nothing but positive and helpful but the exclusion service has been completely opposite. It has been six months and the problem persists. I never write reviews but feel in this case it is the last resort to get management's attention in the hopes of an immediate appointment with someone in the exclusion department to remedy this issue or provide a complete refund for this service that has been less than satisfactory.

Terminix response

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with Terminix! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The Terminix tech texts me when he's gonna come. If the time doesn't work, I tell him no. If it does, I say okay. Super easy. It works.

Terminix response

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

They've been consistent with their visits. I've watched the guy do whatever he was supposed to do and it's been fine. I no longer have carpenter ants.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Anthony! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Working with the techs has been all right. I had no problems.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Sandra! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My quarterly service is automatically scheduled. My technician is great. He does a good job. If I need to have them come back, I just text my technician and he puts it in the schedule.

Terminix response

Thank you, Lily! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Their website is not the easiest in the world. I can't get a copy of my bill. Other than that, all the technicians seemed to be pretty good guys.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Their service is doing good and the techs that have come out are very nice. I recommended them to my daughter and my son and daughter-in-law.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Karen! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My technician, Joel, comes out and asks if I'm seeing anything and if so, he treats for that. It's good quality service. Joel seems to be educated on his job and he's very thorough. The only thing I would change is it could be a little bit easier to reach the office because it's sometimes hard to reach them.

Terminix response

Cydney, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I first found Terminix by seeing a neighbor use it about 15 years ago. I just moved and I've had one call so far. We were having ants and Terminix took care of them.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Kathryn! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Terminix is a good company to work with. I have a quarterly pest control with them and a termite control too. Most the time, it's the same technician that comes out who's very good. I had a little rat problem and they resolved that.

Terminix response

Thank you, Ricky! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

When we first moved in this house 14 months ago, we had a raccoon up in the attic. I gave Terminix a call and a guy came out, inspected everything, and told us the bad news. He was very knowledgeable. Terminix is expensive though.

Terminix response

John, Thank you for taking the time to share your Terminix experience with others. We are happy that you are enjoying your new service!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Everything is great with Terminix. The person who comes, Sal, is really nice. He always says if we have a problem he can come another day, too. He is very accommodating.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Betty! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

So far, the Terminix service has been fine. The initial service was for an issue with bedbugs and we haven't had any issues after they were treated. The techs have been informative if I had any questions, knowledgeable and very nice. They've been pleasant even during the COVID shutdown. They had their masks. I would recommend Terminix.

Terminix response

We are delighted to read your feedback about ServiceMaster Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

We used Terminix at the last house that we had. We've been using them now too and everything's good. Sean, the Terminix rep that comes every quarter, is really good. Haven't had any pest issues since he started. He's very friendly and knowledgeable. When I ask him questions, he always has a good answer for me. He's got a good sense of humor too. I've given him access to my house in the back if I'm busy and he's very respectful of the property. He doesn't trample anything. He's trustworthy. I've had good results with Terminix. I highly recommend them.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Jennifer! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

The tech from Terminix who has been coming out here has been good. He tells me what he did and asks me if there's anything I needed to have him do and look for.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Mary! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Terminix has a great program and they always do a good job. They've always been very professional and thorough. If there's ever an issue, they just pop right out and take care of the pest. It's never been a problem. We do an outside treatment, which is amazing. I love it 'cause it's so much easier. A lot of times though, I get the text after they're there. If I would just know ahead of time, that would be good so I can make sure the gates are shut or open. But maybe only 1% of the time I got a text later instead of, "I'm on my way."

Terminix response

Great feedback, Jenny! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I was completely misled by a sales associate about the possible roof damage that could occur during the tenting process. He made it sound like it wasn't gonna be an issue and that Terminix covers 45 tiles for their warranty. They broke 140 tiles. Therefore, I spent $3500 on the tenting and there was over $6000 in roof damage. There were several other issues as well. Please protect yourself and go with a company that will educate you on all the possible outcomes.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

They have subterranean bait traps for termites around my house and they didn't have any idea when the last time they checked the bait was. I told them to check the bait on all the traps and they did. They had to replace a few. The techs have been very agreeable. Whatever I ask them to do, they normally do exactly what I ask. They know exactly what they're doing. Florida is tough though. There's a lot of pests and insects in the heat. But they do what they can and they do a fairly good job. I would recommend Terminix. It's a good investment.

Terminix response

John, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I've always used Terminix and everything's been dependable. They check the underside of the house. When they come out, I either get a call or an email to let us know. The reps are always courteous and knowledgeable. The interactions that I have had with the individuals in person have always been good as well.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Terminix has been out twice to spray. I have a termite and pest control with them and I'm satisfied.

Terminix response

Thank you, Imogene! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

My neighbors were using Terminix and it was convenient to get their service. Here in Hawaii, there are a lot of insects because of moisture and Terminix has been helpful.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Jeff! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

They come out and spray for spiders and silverfish. They also put termite traps down. They came out the first time and it went fine. I haven't seen any spiders or any silverfish yet, so I hope it's working. I saw a couple of spiders, but they were dead.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Rita! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I have a condo and they spray the outside for me and do my garage. They also do anywhere in the condo that I want them to do. The nice thing about Terminix is, even though they don't come out every month, if you have any issue between services, they come out at no charge. It's part of the service. Also, I love my current technician. He's so fun to deal with. I make sure that he comes out to my condo because I really enjoy dealing with him.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Kathleen! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I like that Terminix has a reputation. They are experts. They really know what they're doing. When I call, they come and do the inside spray. I saw a centipede and other little creatures that were crawling. The visit was not scheduled, but they came inside the house and sprayed the sides. But in the beginning, there was a problem. They had to reschedule because there was no one available at the time. I had to call back.

Terminix response

Thank you, Rosana! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We are glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

We used to have someone who touched base with us -- gave us an update and told us what was going on, but recently, we don't see anybody. They say they come but we don't know. But when we had problems in the past, they fixed them. There's a certain amount of trust there. There could be more customer involvement, though.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville