3.7/5 (220 ratings)

About Terminix

Terminix is a pest control company that provides on-site pest protection for homes and businesses. Each visit is personalized to the specific types of pests causing problems for customers, which can vary from state to state or between different neighborhoods. Whether you know exactly what pests Terminix needs to treat or want support in determining the best plan of attack, Terminix can help.

Pros

• Skilled technicians
  • Wide range of services
  • Re-treatment guarantee

Cons

• Not available in every state
  • No specific pricing

Bottom Line

Terminix offers a wide range of effective and individualized pest control services. Residential and commercial services include customized pricing with a 100% re-treatment guarantee.

Terminix Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Terminix?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Terminix comes out and does an inspection, and they spray the next time they come out. We still see a few of the roaches. But it's not as much as it was, so I'm satisfied with their service. Use them.

Terminix response

Your feedback is much-appreciated Catherine. Thanks for sharing and have a great day! -Arande'

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Had them put their termite bait systems in my backyard. Oh My God, what a joke. They lead people to believe that the termite bait system attracts termites and it does not. The story they told me was that termites get attracted to their bait systems and then they carry whatever it is supposed to be in it back to their termite family (the ones in our wall) and then they die. WHAT A LINE OF CROCK **) Oh my GOD! How do these people get away with such CRAP LIES! Well, I lost $1088.00 and I hope that anyone reads this and saves themselves from wasting any money. Oh and also I paid $150 to them to spray my house for bugs and the guy that came in my house stayed here about 5 minutes and sprayed but it did nothing. So, please don't waste any money with these thieves, because that is what they are.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Updated on 09/17/2022: I wrote a previous review in regards to this company and was told the company would reach out to 24-48 hours. I was expecting a phone call and still have not heard anything. My overall experience has been traumatizing for myself and my family. We are still out of 3000 dollars and we were lied to during the entire process and still have bed bugs eating not only myself but my son and special needs daughter. I am now working with the military to see what steps I can take to get them blacklisted for military personnel in my area since I am a veteran and nobody else never needs to experience this.

Original Review: I was told to wait a month between sprays with no progress. Unfortunately they can not get rid of the bed bugs and will not issue a refund. Please be advised if you don't have 3,000 to waste you will better off finding another company.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

This was one of the most terrible experiences I've had as a customer. We hired Terminix for nearly $2000.00 for a year contract to address a problem with bats. They have: 1) done no-shows multiple times, 2) failed to eliminate bats, 3) damaged our property, 4) failed to give us a full refund, and 5) taken hours of our time as we tried to schedule appointments and get the help we needed. Their techs are inexperienced and appear to have no training on bat removal.

A cursory review of the research showed us that they were not even using the most basic strategies to protect our home. They were unavailable on the phone and missed appointments. My husband had to go to the ER after contact with a bat. We have now hired another company for 2700.00 to remove the bats. We will be litigating for a refund.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I've got two different things with Terminix. One is the bait stations and the warranty, and the other is a quarterly spraying. They come out once a year to check on the 10 bait stations they installed. There was supposed to be someone coming over to do a review and I haven't heard back on that. Also, they didn't do a map when they put the bait stations in, and there are five that they can't find. I'm dissatisfied with that, and I'm going to call them today and see what I can do about canceling that. On the other hand, I'm satisfied with the quarterly spraying for centipedes. The quarterly guy does a very good job.

Terminix response

Franco, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I totally agree with the below reviews saying there should be a zero star option. So quick to arrive and take our money and then had to call or email to have anyone come back again, even though we had continued service! Their traps killed 3 field mice total in 6 months, their sticky traps for spiders killed more by far, which their worker had just offered us as an extra because he had them on hand. I bought old school snap traps from the dollar store and have easily killed over 30 for under $10. Clearly I wasted my money with this company, as I’ve done a better job myself. I tried to contact them, as we hadn’t seen anyone since April/May and they told me my contract ran out in July so they had no interest in helping me.

Well what about May and June min? My poison traps were empty for months, I had no contact with anyone from the company during this time, and you would think you would have a final visit regardless. Customer service was absolutely horrendous when I tried to express my frustration. Including saying that their service was ‘just to maintain the population and not eradicate the problem.’ Umm aren’t you an extermination company?! Customer service had ZERO interest in helping me. I would NEVER suggest to use this company and in fact will happily tell everyone to actively avoid it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

When the lady came out here several months ago, she called me and the phone number was listed as unidentifiable. I have quit answering unavailable calls because if they're not available, I'm not either. If you're unavailable, you must be a crook of some kind. Other than that, the lady was really nice. She called, told me who she was, then she came and did her job. She was very pleasant and efficient, and I was pleased with her effort. I couldn't ask for a better representative.

Terminix response

James, Thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

We've been very happy with Terminix, so far. We have our monthly service and our spray guy is very good. He always gives me notice ahead of time and lets me know he's coming, which is usually on a Friday. He addresses whatever needs I have, and they will come out if I have any other issues. The service is always really good. It's cockroach season, so we see a lot of dead cockroaches and bugs. So whatever they're doing is working.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Tina! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

We needed the service to fix the termite problem.. After a year I canceled the service and requested to have the baits removed.. I called several times to find out when it was going to be removed. No one would call back as I was told they would.. I had work done on the property and the baits had to be removed.. I eventually purchased another termite bait system thru Amazon and installed them myself after the work was done on the property…

What is really frustrating is that I get a text that the appointment was made without a phone call to confirm.. The tech went ahead and removed the baits that I put down.. Those baits don’t have a name on them like the way Terminix has.. Why assume that was there was to be removed without speaking to the homeowner first.. You just don’t walk on someone property and assume it’s ok.. When I did get a hold of the tech, he was informed to put back all the baits.. He did such a sloppy job in placing back the baits.. I am really annoyed with how sloppy this company is!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

They come out quarterly. When they came out recently, it was awesome. Our operator's the same guy we've always had. He always comes and greets us by our first name. He's always remembering our families and always asking how things are going. Very professional, very on top of it, always making sure he can go into the areas that he needs and always asking for permission. He's super awesome. It's always clean and clear in here, especially after they would come out, you could definitely tell the difference in the pest activity.

Terminix response

We appreciate your feedback, Frankie! We aim to provide the best service to our customers!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

We have been loyal Terminix customers since 2008. We purchased a "higher level" plan that included repair work in the event of any termite damage. We recently had new windows put in the home. One of the windows was unable to be installed due to excessive termite damage (can not secure window). Since that time (about four weeks ago), I have made DOZENS of calls to the Terminix Call Center. Each call, they assure me that I will receive a call back in "24-48 hours". Nothing. I have emailed the inspector, the branch manager, and the regional director. No one has returned my calls. I can guarantee that if I avoided paying my yearly charge, they would contact me immediately. All we are wanting is to determine whether the termite damage is active/dormant, and to repair the damage--per our contract. I do not recommend this company--take your money elsewhere. A good company is one that will be present when there's an issue.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

We are on schedule every three months. The first technician wasn't doing his job, and when I reached out, it was taken care of pretty quick. The second technician has been fine, and we've never had a problem since. We were getting mice, but now, there's a little pest activity to none. We're very happy with Terminix.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Robert! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Terminix technicians come out quarterly. We have a big farm where we grow corn, soybeans, wheat, and lots of grain products. We have a rodent problem and I can't stand varmints. We have the buildings and storage sheds and varmints get in the equipment and everything else. We have to stay on top of things because those varmints start creeping back. We have lots of birds, geese and ducks and everything that come by the farm. Even the black birds are trying to eat up the outer side of the corn. We have more birds and different things feeding off of the crops than ever.

A technician just was out at my farm the other day. I was surprised that the technician was always so good to text me that he was on the way to my farm and that he arrived. I'm working and on the job and he takes care of us. I sent the payment check in yesterday so we're fine. If I hear somebody in my neighborhood talking about having an aggravating problem, I tell them that they need to call Terminix and have things done.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Teresa! We genuinely appreciate it, and we are glad to hear that you are happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

We've been with Terminix for a year and everybody who's come out here have been nice and did what they were supposed to. I haven't seen a termite since they've been at it. I'd recommend them.

Terminix response

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I love Terminix's service. Anytime I have a request, they take care of it for me, and Rich, the service tech, is very responsive to any of my inquiries. So, I'm very appreciative of my relationship with him.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Frank! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

When I bought my house 45 years ago, it was overwhelmed with termites. A carpenter and Terminix took care of everything. I've got Terminix ever since, and I've never had a problem again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Terminix Residential Pest Control Complaint / Review – for the Duluth Branch located at 3400 Corporate Way Suite G, Duluth, GA (800) 837-6464 – Branch Manager: ** / Service Manager: **. I used Terminix quarterly service since June 2005 with no issues – they only sprayed inside, as a new build, when I moved in, then only outside service for the next 16.25 years. I own a townhouse on the end of my building, so there are 3 sides – front is 2 garage doors, short sidewalk, small front porch with 1 door; side has one very large foyer window; backyard is completely fenced with locked gate. My Terminix account has a note requesting prior notice of scheduled service for gate to be unlocked.

From June 2005 thru September 2021, prior notice was never a problem. Just as a side note – I have a Nest doorbell, & 2 security cameras (front & back). On 12/17/21 an unscheduled technician arrived at 8:00am, I was not home – he walked in front of the garage doors & took a picture of wood trim just above driveway; made 1 quick toss of some type of product in a handheld gadget, toward a tiny garden area on the left of my sidewalk & then another quick toss over shrubs on the right side – this was 6-7’ from front door & porch. The entire time on my property, he was on the phone discussing his lack of sleep the night before because someone had surgery (sounded like a knee operation) & kept him awake all night. He was at my home for 7 minutes, never even walked along the side of house, & the backyard gate was locked.

Bill shows picture he took, & lists 3 products used (Delta Dust, Granular Scatter Bait, & Residual Aerosol – I assume one of these products was in the handheld gadget), & I was billed $138 for non-existent quarterly service. I FIRST called the phone # above on 12/20/21, spoke with a very nice customer service representative – explained in great detail the issue, added I was a loyal customer for 16.5 years, & asked her to make a note on my account. She removed the $138 (without my having to ask), advised I would receive a call back from ** (branch manager) & ** (service manager), assuring me Customer Service is their #1 Priority.

SECOND call was made on 1/6/22 & THIRD call on 1/13/22 – same as 1st call, very nice representative(s), read to me the previous notes documented on my account with each call. Assured me ** (branch manager) & ** (service manager) would return my call(s). I advised that if I did not receive a phone call, then my Service Agreement (contract expired in 2006) was terminated. ****No calls ever received - obviously customer service is not even remotely a priority for Terminix & customer loyalty means nothing.****

But the saga continued – March would have been my normal schedule, but instead, on 4/29/22 I received a text from a new technician, **, confirming service for 4/30/22 – so I called him, explained all info noted above, he apologized & assured ** (branch manager) & ** (service manager) would really call me, this time. On 6/23/22 I again received text from **, confirming service for 6/25/22. This time I met with him when he arrived & we again discussed past events, & he guaranteed ** (branch manager) & ** (service manager) would both contact me. ****AGAIN - NO CALLS EVER RECEIVED.****

On 6/28/22 at 6:57am I received a text advising the same technician (from December 2021) was en route to my home. He arrived at 7:00am & I watched him on 2 cameras - he walked back & forth in front of garage doors carrying a long pole with a duster type brush in hand, walked along the side of home still carrying the pole, walked up to front porch & took a picture of a cobweb, swept the duster brush once across the ceiling, walked back to his truck where he chatted briefly with a neighbor asking him a termite question. At my house for 8 minutes, most of which he was sitting in his truck, & my bill shows 1 picture of a cobweb (no products or treatment listed) – bill amount is $166. ****What a steal of a deal – 1 picture & 1 swish of a duster brush – all that for $166!!****

****HIGHLY RECOMMEND**** - to everyone receiving Pest Control Residential Service from the Duluth GA Branch of Terminix - to check the technician's name (**) on your most recent Terminix Service Bill. Option 1 - you may want to request a new technician - one with Work Ethics matching those advertised on the All Terminix Official Web Sites. Option 2 - Find a New Pest Control Service Provider.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I've been with Terminix for six months now and they've been good. They seem to be reliable when it comes to the reason that we went with them. They come out and keep you informed of stuff. We have them, not only doing the termite thing that they put into the ground but also other pest control for some roaches that they identified that were different than what I was looking at.

We also had some squirrels in the ceiling upstairs and we haven't fully gotten that squared away. I was told on the phone that they would come out and they would identify entry points into the house. The problem was that there was no way that they were ever going to identify the entry points because no one from the company was going to be scaling a ladder to look at where the entry points might have been. It was some guy looking from down below saying, "I think it's there and there." But it wasn't at all those locations. I told him so and he wasn't about to go up on a ladder. For that aspect of Terminix service, I did not go with them. But for the other two things that they dealt with, I'm satisfied with that aspect.

Terminix response

Louis, Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

The techs have been here twice. They spray around the house then inside in the basement, and some pests have gone, but some still seem to stay around. We have lots of spiders. My husband was here the first time they came, while I was here the second time, and the tech was a nice fella. On a different note, I would like to get a copy of my original contract that I signed because I can't find it. I thought that I already paid a large portion of it, but then I got billed again when the tech came this time. I would like to know where I am.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Cathi! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I just wanted to brag on our Terminix person here in Natchitoches, Keith. He has always been so easy to work with and if I have to reschedule, etc he is always up for it! He always shows on time and always is polite! I love to give credit where it is due, he deserves it!

Terminix response

We are delighted to read your feedback about Terminix. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

We have been Terminix customers for over 30 years and have no complaints. Recently we had some termite damage that needed to be treated and repaired. Someone came out quickly to start a claim request. That was four weeks ago, and other than having someone come out and retreat the area, no one has contacted us. We call every day and get the same person who says they are aware of the problem and someone will get back to us within four hours, one day, 48 hours, etc.

We have asked to speak to a supervisor or someone in the claims department and are told that information can't be given out. We are living with our floor torn up in the main part of the house. It is frustrating to be lied to every day and have no one else to contact. To add insult to injury, one of the first persons to contact us at the beginning of this was a salesman that we signed up with for added services to the tune of over $1,000 because we thought it was a trustworthy company. Regretting it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

When I first called Terminix, ants were coming out and they went in the kitchen. They were everywhere. But now they're completely gone. The technician comes on time. He does his job, and he lets me know what he had done. I like the service but I don’t like the price going up as it has in the last year or so. I started at 139 and it’s now up to 172. It's ridiculous.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Kyle! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

As a customer for years and with termite, mosquito and pest control, I’d called about mice and the response was dismal. First, pest control includes mice but when the rodent control guy shows up he says they can lay a few traps but you need to seal the home which is a couple of thousand. I then signed up for that but the mice were coming in from under the home and the ‘salesman’ said they needed access to the crawl space to seal that up and they would also seal the roof area because roof rats were prevalent in San Antonio. The contractor coming to do the work called and said they would not go into the crawl space and were focused on the roof (no signs of activity on second floor). I cancelled because the ‘salesman’ then backpedaled and said he never meant to say they’d seal under the house where we know the mice were entering.

I then called to ask for info on cancelling so I could use another pest control company and was told I was in a new contract that bound me until next year so I asked for the contract since I didn’t recall seeing a contract and I’d been with them longer than the start of the contract. I then received a text that said my service was cancelled. I called again and said I did not ask to cancel. I was told that the local manager would call. After a few more calls, I was told corporate would call since they could see no one was calling me over several days. No one ever called. I received a copy of the contract free several calls and there was so much info wrong (600 more sq feet on footage of home, wrong type of foundation, etc). One rep told me the amount I paid was based on sq footage of the home, another said they didn’t use sq footage of the home. Ultimately, they always say my questions will be resolved in my call back which never happens.

I was billed again for service today and received NO service (historically I am charged after the quarterly service) so I called again. The first rep said they would transfer my call to a manager but then hung up. The second rep just said they needed to read the notes on my account and cut me off. The third rep listened and was trying to find a way forward which I appreciate but I’m not hopeful her proposed way ahead will help if the locals don’t even call me back. It involves another person coming to the home which is at least a response.

The fact that no one calls after repeated calls over a period of about three weeks is ridiculous. I question whether they actually plan on just charging me without service and claiming I cancelled their service. So what was initially a call for info resulted in escalated concerns that they refuse to deliver any services and questionable practices that violate consumer rights. I also do not recommend mosquito control which we did cancel because they cannot service early enough or late enough to make a difference.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

We have a mouse infestation, which we've been dealing with since May. Terminix came out and they said it would be four to five weeks till we see a difference and at week eight, I was still having quite a bit of mouse poop in my kitchen so I called. One of the frustrating points with Terminix is I cannot stand that when I call the customer line, I get somebody that's not even here. I talked to four customer service representatives and they were all down south. I have yet to be able to speak to the manager or district manager of my group. I called them to see what was going on and told them that they really needed to come out to take a look at stuff. It took me a couple of days till somebody finally got back to me. Then, they just scheduled the appointment without even talking to me. I got an appointment for the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

The other frustrating thing is everything that they've done, they did when we were not home so we're not able to watch or ask questions. The first time that they did the service, I felt very comfortable. The guy that was the head foreman was in touch with me and he seemed very knowledgeable and really nice. But then when my husband and I got home, we saw certain things that we thought were supposed to be taken care of that were not. I called back and asked some questions. The foreman ended up coming out himself a couple of days later and he said he had fixed all that but he still missed a hole in the garage.

The mice were getting in and out of this corner at our chimney which is in our garage. Terminix came out and they closed that. But we were watching where the mice were running and it was underneath a shelf. We moved the shelf and the mice just created a new hole. We started looking around our garage and they created a whole another hole on the opposite end of the garage. I called Terminix again and told them something was not right here. We put traps out in the morning before we left for work and when I came home that night, there were 10 mice stuck on those traps.

We were very unhappy. I know this isn't something that's gonna be fixed overnight, but it felt like we were paying for a service that is gonna continue happening, but will never really be fixed. This is $12,500 worth of work that we paid for because that's how much these mice have destroyed our home. Now, I'm still on the hook for all of that and it feels like it's never-ending.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We had some issues with a little worm-looking thing in the other house. I tried everything I could to get rid of them but I couldn't. I called Terminix and they got rid of it so I stayed with them. I put both my homes under the termite protection plan and at the home I'm in now, I also have the general pest. They do a good job and specifically, the guy that comes to this house is very thorough. He always lets me know when he's coming and when he leaves. He's a good guy to work with. But the cost seems to be going up pretty quick. I'll keep the termite because of the insurance, but I'll have to drop the general pest if the cost keeps going up.

Terminix response

Great feedback, Mark! We genuinely appreciate it, and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your service!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Someone left a flyer on my door that was a really good deal that I wanted to take advantage of. That person also left his business card but he never ever, ever answered the phone. So it took me about four weeks to finally be able to get someone. I called Terminix directly and they said that the promotion that he was offering was no longer available. I told them, “Okay, well, I've been reaching out. If it expired, it should have been acknowledged.” But I still needed the service because I moved into a new construction I’m renting and I've seen an abundance of spiders. I have a toddler, so I don't want her to get bit. There has been a decrease in spiders since Terminix started, but I'm still seeing them.

In the past, before I had any pest control, I would just order things off the internet and do it myself once or twice a year, and it would be very effective. But now, I don't have time. I have a lot going on. So I let the professionals handle it. But I am not seeing results that are as good as my efforts. But the Terminix technician is always great, very professional, and communicates well. My technician always shows up on time. Also, the price is affordable. This is the third time that they've come out since I moved here in April. But I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the service because I'm still seeing pests.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

For the last one we had, it was not as effective as others have been. I had asked for an extra treatment, but I don't know if it ever happened. We've done it least once where in between services, it's been bad. They've come back and done it. That's a good feature. The tech will text before she comes. That's always good. I asked not to have them ring the doorbell because we have a dog who likes to bark. But she did. I came out the back door to talk to her about that. She said she just wanted to make sure that we were ready. But every time I've met them in person, they've been very courteous and professional.

Terminix response

Thank you, Candy! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

The last guy who came did a wonderful job. Normally, I see a lot of insects. After the visit, so far, I have not seen any. I see a lot of dead cockroaches. Without telling him anything, he did everything. I was happy with him. When I have a problem and call Terminix, somebody will come and redo it. I spend a lot of money for termites and I got a lot of job done through Terminix. They put about 15 plastic containers but I don't know how often do they come and check it. I thought they would come frequently but they didn't. But when I called, they came.

Terminix response

Thank you, Siva! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I had a bad experience with Terminix. First they promised me that the fumigation was going to be for 72 hours and took 5 days before I come back to the house. I spent more than $600 in hotels waiting for them. Besides that they stole a full bag with medications, a bluetooth speaker and some other things. I had to miss 2 days at my job and after 1 month later calling them trying to find a relief from them now they gave me $181.00 in credit. They said that it's nothing they can do about it. Not recommended to nobody. Make sure to remove everything from your home before you hire them... GOOD LUCK.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I noticed a pest issue and I had worked with another company but I was dissatisfied with their service. So I called around, and the Terminix customer service representative that I spoke to didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. When the technician came out, he had really good customer service too. He answered my questions. If I called and asked him a specific question, he was able to answer it or point me to where I get my question answered if he couldn't. The service has been going fine.

Terminix response

Thank you, Terri! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Terminix Company Information

1927
6196 Lake Gray Blvd (Suite 110)
Jacksonville