2.0/5 (111 ratings)

About T-Fal

T-Fal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Fal?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Fal?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Out of about 5 skillets & pots purchased, the handles are loose on 3. I have used a screwdriver to tighten it but it only lasts a week. It’s really dangerous especially when lifting cookware with hot contents. I’m afraid one day the handles will completely break out and I will get burned. I’ve only had these pieces about 9-10 months. I hate to get rid of them because they still look nice with the orange print on the outside bottom but I can’t risk my safety.

Original review: July 14, 2022

We liked our T-fal set at first but after 3 years we noticed the black Teflon coating was coming off the inside of our 4qt pot. We called T-fal and was told to submit a written claim with photos. We were then told that we had abused the cookware even though according to their response, that only this one piece was "experiencing use and care issues". We complained about the response and were then told that we had used a "Whisk" inside the pot and this has caused the coating to come off. If we paid for the pot to be returned they would evaluate it further. It was obvious they are refusing to honor their warranty. We will never buy another T-Fal product. My advice is to pay more and deal with an honest firm, or pay less and throw your pots away ever year or so. Just don't waste your money on a T-fal warranty!!!!

Get buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

The pan I use the most no longer has the red heating dot and it is no longer non-stick after 1 year. When I say non-stick, I mean food sticks to the pan while cooking. I have to soak pan in water for 30-60 minutes to remove food. Although T-fal markets the pans as "scratch resistant," I still only use plastic and wood utensils. My quart sized pan has the black "scratch resistant" coating coming off along bottom edge in the pan.

When I wrote T-Fal, they said those are normal wear & tear issues and are not covered under their warranty. If this is so, then why do they market theses pans as "non-stick" and "scratch-resistant?" Basically, T-Fal markets pans as non-stick and scratch-resistant, but they are neither! Their customer service will deny all warranty claims as normal wear & tear.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Used to buy T-Fal frying pans and they seemed to be a good value. Lasted a few years and then time to replace. The last time I purchased t-fal pans the handles became loose after 20 days. I don't have the right tool to tighten the handles so I shipped them back to t-fal. After 3 weeks still waiting for t-fal to repair or replace the pans. Should not ever need to return a pan for such poor construction and lack of quality control. I will never replace any of my pans with t-fal again. Lack of quality and lack of customer support.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I purchased my T-Fal frying pan 13 months ago and the surface is peeling off witch is unsafe for use, I contacted the T-Fal warranty replacement department. They rejected my request. They blamed it on me even though it’s a manufacturer defect, very disappointed. They rather have me share my review with others instead of sending me a replacement and getting the defective item back to do research on it. Thanks.

Original review: March 8, 2021

When Sears went out of business, we purchased a T-Fal set, red with a black interior non-stick coating. Within weeks the black finish started flaking off although we were careful to use only wooden utensils. We complained and, to their credit, T-Fal sent a brand new set. The same thing happened within weeks on ALL the pieces, sauce pans, stock pot and frying pans with the non-stick finish flaking off. I can peel it off with my fingernails. For the finish to flake off is not only unsightly, but also, probably dangerous as the flakes can end up in your food without you even knowing it. I will never buy anything made my T-Fal again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I purchased an Air Fryer approx. one and half years ago. The air fryer is great, I enjoy cooking with it. I am very disappointed though that the coating in the basket, and on the grill is peeling off. I certainly did not expect this and I wonder if this would be hazardous to one's health. I hope that TFal replaces this air fryer. I only cook for myself so it is not used every day. I am very very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

My family has been loyal to T-Fal pots and pans for many years. We have loved every pot and pan we bought from them. However this year I was gifted a set of T-Fal pots and pans ranging over $100.00. After some use which was less than a year as I was given it this year it became heavily damaged with peeling of the paint leaking onto the food. As we are all aware this can be very dangerous to your health. I have followed the directions on how to care for these pots and yet they fell short on completing its task for more than a couple of months.

Like anyone would do I reached out to T-Fal customer support in which I waited over 3 days for a response only to be told by Sarah how she would not help me and how this was my fault. After much communication I was only getting the run around and told then that I can send my pots to them for inspection of defects but that I would have to pay for it to be sent and back. How is this in any way, shape or form proper treatment to a customer? Unfortunately I am out two pots and refuse to take the risk of harming my family with peeling pots. I would just like to add that I have only used plastic utensils on these pots as well.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Spent nearly $200 on a T-Fal Opti Grill. Pampered it just as I do all of my appliances. Manual control began to malfunction. They ONLY correspond by email; phone calls lead nowhere! Customer Service is pathetic! There is not even a hint of understanding of, or empathy with, the problem you may have with their product. They could care less! They sing only ONE song... and that is, "Tough Luck! If you want it repaired, you will have to pay for it, including all the shipping costs!" I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy another T-Fal product as long as I live. And although I don't like to wish bad fortune on anyone... I can honestly say, I hope this company goes bankrupt and ceases to exist!

Original review: July 30, 2020

Is this supposed to happen after two years? I bought this product in Walmart two years ago. It was a good price but... it peeled and it is not safe to cook in it anymore, not a good product to buy. I need money back.

T-Fal Company Information