1.55/5
Based on 56 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for new cookware?

60 T-Fal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

In April 2018, I purchased a 3 qt saucepan. I did not have any problems until now. Last week I saw bubbles making an appearance in the bottom of the saucepan. Yesterday a.m. I was making breakfast and now all of a sudden the bottom of the pan is covered with bubbles. I was on jury duty last week and I am going to call T-Fal in the a.m. This is ridiculous. If they are uncooperative I will file a formal complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. I suggest that everyone on this website do the same thing.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We got a new set of T-Fal pots and pans for Christmas 2018, it's now June 2018-, not even 6 months into owning these pans and 2 of them are chipping horribly; with a third pan starting. My in-laws paid good money for junk. Customer service - to be aggravated by some rude remarks, to absolutely no avail-no thanks. Do not spend your hard earned money on this junk. I'd rather rate you a zero.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 2, 2018

While cooking dinner I lift lid with one hand and stir with other. ONLY HAD LID ON 2 MINUTES ON LOW!! While stirring the lid SHATTERS EVERYWHERE! Including in the family dinner, the stove, counter floor and on me. I call customer service who tells me that it is my fault that there had to be a crack in the lid. NO there was not... Then tells me I can go to the store and purchase another lid or I can pay to send my pot (only large pot I have) to them and they will try to fit a lid to the pot. The representative was rude and blaming me for the incident. This said lid was rarely used and cared for gently as it is made of glass. Always hand washed... Do not own a dishwasher and it is currently 80 degrees Fahrenheit inside so no it did not go from cold to hot customer service!

I will never spend the obscene amount on T-Fal products ever again! They absolutely do not stand behind their products. I am scared to even use the other lids now in fear of the next shattering going into someone's eyes. BEWARE... Not a good product as I had always believed. Do not believe the hype or the lifetime warranty... limited or otherwise. IT IS NOT TRUE! There is not a warranty for these defective products. If I could give the product and the customer service 0 stars trust me I would. Worst product ever. Now to look for new set so this doesn't happen again. Save your money for a worthy product. T-Fal is not it!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Before I make a complaint, let me say that I absolutely love my T-Fal frying pan! Unfortunately, my roommate cooked in it at too high of a temperature and burned it. Because the lid was still good, I wanted to replace only the pan. I called T-Fal Customer Service for help in locating the appropriate pan. The representative made a recommendation and even found it for me online and I bought it.

When it arrived, I found that the lid did not fit. It turns out that you can’t go only on the measurement of the pan, you must know the “model” as well. My pan (and lid) was from the Simply Cook series and the pan the rep recommended was from the Signature series. My Simply Cook lid did not fit my new Signature pan. The company refused a refund and I ended up buying another Simply Cook series pan with lid. Boo! Again, this said, the product itself is fabulous. But the customer service, not so much.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Purchased a T-Fal Fryer, manual stated the temp to be reach of 374 degrees, tested it with new thermometers, call for service, told to send the element to service center. Did that twice. T-Fal corporate tech told the service center that I should expect a 30 degree variance. This is not a fryer if it cannot reach at a min of 375 degrees. Page 9 of the attached manual stated that it does, picture attached states that it cannot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Fal?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Granted, I found this skillet at HomeGoods and paid about $20 for it. Even so! The red paint on the bottom stuck onto my gas stove's burners, and within several uses, the entire pan warped. What crap! I can see everyone else feels the same way. Worst nonstick skillet ever.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Lifetime guarantee is plastered all over the stainless steel frying pans, and now even in the products marketed as Warp-proof. However, inside the packaging in small print - this is now phrased as "limited lifetime warranty"- only for manufacturing defects. I contacted Customer Service and they basically said - "extremely unlikely that it isn't due to user error but if you want to send product in we will look at it, and then return in when we tell you there is no manufacturing defect." What a horrible stance a company can take!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have purchased 2 different sets of T-Fal. The handles are so extremely aggravating. Every time I need to use one I have to tighten up the handles. I’ve even had the handles fall completely off. I am shopping for a new set now and it will be a different brand. For the price of these, the handles should not be as crappy as they are.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Sauté Pan: I bought this set at Macy’s in June 2017. I was gone from September to January 2018. Only person using it. I never put it in the dishwasher, and I use wooden spoons or plastic. I use soft sponges to wash them with. Today while making eggs, as I normally use this pan for, it shows one of the screws paint was off and the metal portion of the handle shows discoloration. Plus, cracking eggs on the side seems to be making little dents, and the red thermos pot, has never shown it’s ready. For only using it really for 3 months this should not happen. Think twice before you buy this product. Had T-Fal set before that’s why I bought this set. Last time I buy T-Fal!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a T-Fal Fresh Express Shredder and the 4th time that I used it, the plunger that pushes the food item down into the shredder developed a crack, and small part of the contact surface came off. I thought the company would replace it without cost, but they are charging me for the part and for shipping it from France.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My wife bought 3 T-Fal non stick frying pans a couple months ago and she mentioned to me about food sticking in her new pans. Today I decided to cook breakfast and I ruined my eggs as they stuck so bad to the pan that my over easy eggs turned into scrambled by the time I got them out of the pan. Then trying to clean the pans after I was done eating was impossible. I give up on trying to wash them by hand so my next step is going to be oven cleaner. I will never own another set of these pans and would not recommend anyone buying these pans. When my wife get back from vacation we are going to buy some good cookware as these will probably turn into targets on my rifle range because that's about all they're good for. So my advice is to bite the bullet, do some research and spend some real money on a professional set, something that is going to last a lifetime not just a few months.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I just tried a 14 piece set out 30 days ago. 25 days ago I sent them an email letting them know that inside of the pan there was peeling. Everything was sticking. Dishwasher uses the dishwasher and change them a couple different color. The handles was coming off. I sent the company email and if I knew they wasn't going to help me out I could have just took it back to the store because I still had a 30-day refund. Well long story short these pan is crap and I wish I never bought them. Then they tried to blame it on you. No it's their product that they didn't put good effort into it. Everything's stick even if I use the Pam spray and the knobs are all off the pan. They don't even Deserve an 1 star. I waste my time and my money and my emails when I could have just took it back to the store if they wasn't giving me the runaround. Bad business and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After receiving the red set of T-Fal pans for my birthday, my excitement, quickly turned to disappointment. With one use the red exterior finish came off. Were not put in the dishwasher, rinsed out to put in dishwasher but never abrased. When contacting T-Fal they said this was "wear and tear" on cookware. With being used one time, they consider that to be wear and tear. So basically from their point of view the pans are unusable. Would not recommend these at all and they have terrible customer service!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

T-Fal has been and still is producing dangerous products. The handles on their cookware are very loose and will not stay tight on any of the pots and pans. And the coating is dangerous, peeling, sticking, etc... Why hasn't this garbage been recalled??? How many people must get severely injured or die before the government or T-Fal do something? These problems are happening to new products after only a couple uses. These damn products cost a small fortune for what?They should not be this dangerous. I can't even call T-Fal junk, as junk is more useful than this T-Fal crap. Pure **. Close this so called company down T-Fal, Americans deserve better!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I bought a T-Fal cookware set about a year ago. A few months after I bought them I noticed that food was sticking even though I put oil in the pan. Soon after my husband noticed that there were large sockets in the cookware. That is strange, it looks as though there were bubbles in the cookware & part of the pan just blew up in those places. We contacted T-Fal & they said that we needed to take them back to where we bought them. Since it has been over 6 months the store will not take them back. We feel it is a manufacturing defect. Here we have a $200 set of pots & pans & the manufacturer said basically "too bad." We sent pics but they said it looks like abuse not a defect. I use low heat, rubber utensils, wash them only by hand, not sure what else to do. Remember it is very hard to capture this in a picture.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I never abused my T-fal frying pan and after about one year I noticed the bottom covering was apparently flaking off and food was beginning to stick. This was about two years ago. The pan was NOT abused with heat nor cooking methods or utensils. I followed the instructions and paid $18.00 to have the pan mailed as directed. I included my sales receipt, name, address, phone number and e-mail address. I never heard back from T-fal. I mistakenly sent them my original receipt for purchase. I bought T-fal because Cook’s Illustrated recommended them. So much for their recommendation.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Ok I received this as a gift. The T-fal nonstick 20-inch pan, I hate it! It immediately started to disintegrate and the nonstick part came off almost after the first use! It continued to come off and I never scratched it or used harsh cleaners or anything like that. Then tried to contact the company and never heard back at all!! The pan costs like $21 plus tax and it's supposed to be nonstick for life and didn't even hold up three months!! All scratched and it sticks like a cheap $2.00 pan!!! I can't even get any customer service or refund when I tried to get one. There's no one home. Sound familiar?

Original review: April 18, 2017

New glass lid exploded and crumbled into many small pieces immediately after removing lid from pot. A frightening experience since I purchased T-Fal cookware over 12 years ago and love my original set - reason for buying this second colorful set. Perhaps, there are some issues with the current manufacturer of T-Fal cookware since others are experiencing the same or similar issues.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I have been using T-Fal products for over 15 years. I have read through many of the reviews and I am very surprised. For many reasons but I will share two of the main reasons. One, is that the product failed, in the way that it did. I have been using T-Fal pots and pans for several years, most of my children's lives and they are now in their mid 20's. The nonstick is impeccable, I have used other products and haven't found anything like T-Fal. This product is durable, last over time. I have had to buy only three sets in over 15 years. That is probably 5 sets a year, but it is really more about me than the product. I like newer products. The older products I have either donated or passed on to family members who are still using them.

Two is based on the way the T-Fal customer service handled its complaints. As I stated before, I have continued to use T-Fal over and over again for years and I have never experienced had the experiences that others have had. I cannot speak on the negative side of the product. I would say that nothing is 100%. Although you don't expect to have exploding products, especially when you are dealing with high intensive heat.

However I still stand by T-fal. I will say this if I have a problem with any product or service that I receive and I call for assistance, the continued use of whether or not I will use, or endorse a product, will based on the customer service that I receive. If you do not take care in your customers concerns seriously, and if your employees are not trained to take value in your core values, which customer services should be in the top 5, then you do not need to have customers. The customer isn't always right, however, your products isn't perfect. Please keep that in mind. I love T-Fal (I do not use love lightly), I have been using it for many years, and I will continue to use it. However if I ever have a problem with this product, the type of customer service that I receive could be the deal breaker for me in the future. There are always bigger and better products. Don't forget about your customers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I got this pan for Christmas 2016 and upon using it around the 3rd or 4th time it started peeling profusely along with the wire rack????!!! I don't want that toxic coating ingested by anyone ESPECIALLY MY FAMILY & FRIENDS!!!! This is highly DANGEROUS and I either want it replaced with one THAT WORKS OR REFUNDED!!! It was bought at Walmart on Lexington Springmill Rd. in Mansfield, Ohio.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Optigrill plus - The buttons for sensory cooking do not light up. The only one I can use is the manual temperature setting. It does not provide the benefit that I wanted by purchasing it (automatically knows when the food is done) and I have sent an email to the company. After reading the other reviews, I am not sure I will get a response but if I do, I will be writing a more positive review.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I've had it for years and it's still cooking fine. I find this to be a very good quality product. It cooks well, cleans very easily and looks good. I really like it and am glad I purchased this pot set.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

This product is TRASH! We received "T-Fal Culinaire 16-Pc. Cookware Set" as a wedding present. I attempted to cook some sauteed chicken and blackened salmon in our new pan. I kept the temperature to a moderate level (between 4.5 to 5.5) and used a light amount of cooking oil. After almost getting burned by grease popping and being volatile while cooking the chicken tenders, I turned down the heat and allowed the temperature to mellow out. I lifted the lid and tried to place the salmon in the pan and for a 2nd time the pan could not endure the condensation from the lid nor did it give me any grace in removing the lid before the pan exploded and the grease was projected at least 5 feet from the pan and stove and burnt my face severely.

I am a cook and do catering. I have been cooking for over 30 years and I have never experienced something as scary as this. The pans are cheaply made and cannot endure moderate heat and cooking oil combinations. The tops which have a ventilation hole cause a massive amount of condensation which in normal cases allows the user to carefully remove the lid and allow the temperature to balance out... But the temperature of these pans and the lack of technology production puts the user in grave danger.

Look at my face! My eye was blinded for at least 2 hours. My lips are blistered. My neck is damaged. My face is scared and uncomfortable. I am a professional performer and am constantly in front of the public eye, I am going through pain and discomfort and these pictures are all days apart from each other. This happened on January 2, 2017. Do NOT BUY THESE PANS. If you do... Do NOT USE any form of cooking oil or you may look LIKE ME!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

They need to stand behind their customers. My pan warped from heat and doesn't sit properly on my smooth top stove. The pans don't last like they should.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Bought double broiler copper star TFAL by Jamie Oliver about 2 to 3 months ago. My husband put the pot on the stove to cook Carrots but didn't realize there was no water in the bottom pot. When he realized there wasn't water in the bottom, he picked up the pot and turned it in my direction about 8 feet away. The star inserts made of copper, aluminum and stainless steel pour out of the bottom like water and I immediately felt my feet burn as well as my daughter behind him.

Liquid metal rolled all over the kitchen floor burning our new oak laminate flooring, baseboards and our 2 fatigue kitchen mats. Had to pour water on it causing smoke damage and more feet burns and jagged metal pieces everywhere. TFAL would not even acknowledge this to be any problem. They wouldn't even validate warranty. They blamed us for abuse of overheating and nothing was done to look into it. This is a very serious safety issue that could be all products like this and they won't acknowledge it all.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I liked the performance, value, brand and reliability after having used it. The price is reasonable, but better than that the cookware is reliable. I originally bought a pan on sale, really liked the feel of the pan and the way it cooked everything evenly. Found the set on sale and purchased it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have the nonstick inside and out, but the fry pans do not seem even, there is a red dot that turns solid red when it's ready to use, but if you add some olive oil, butter, etc. it seems to go to the sides. The inside of the pan and outside are easy to clean, but the bottom is not. On a whole I do like the set I purchased. I wash by hand.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

So this just happened in my kitchen not even a few months old. Purchased it not even a few months ago when I moved into my apartment. Called the line and was told by a rude woman I had to replace it on my own!! Excuse me? This top exploded right next to my kids and on their food. So not only did I had to redo their dinner (not that I mind at all) but make sure they were ok and make sure they did not step on glass! And in the process cutting my hands as well. You want me to purchase a new what a new set if I didnt like it as that rude woman told me!!? This is your cookware and you are refusing to take any responsibility because the warranty doesn't cover anything like that? When after it popped I did my research and not only did T-Fal receive a 1.4 rating. Wish I would have known that before I would never have bought it! But you cant replace your flaw??? Is this a joke???

P.S. Customer service needs to be retrained on how to deal with upset customers who are just trying to not only get answers but fix the situation because companies like you fail to realize not everyone is made out of MONEY! I would never recommend this product. I will share it on my feed so friends can see and share it as well and will give an more reviews on Amazon and other sites with the pictures all because you cant help the people who are putting money in your pockets. Its pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

WORST PRODUCT EVER! I am over 50 years old and have never seen the likes of this... MY HANDLES KEEP UNSCREWING! They said I could send it in & evaluate the problem but I kind of need my cookware... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is not just one pot or pan it is ALL of them... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Original review: June 11, 2016

I'm reading all of these horrible reviews of T-Fal about the handles coming loose on cooking pans, skillets, etc... The handles come loose on ALL brands of pans, over time, with a screw holding them on... These are better than the ones that are riveted only with the much cheaper handle. Yeah, mine start to come loose about every six months or so... so what? The temperature variation on anything in the short amount of time is going to cause the same problem on anything like this. This isn't a quality issue, this is physics. It's going to happen... not a problem. These have the best and longest lasting non-stick coating of any economical or affordable pans that we have ever used. We've been using ours for many years and maybe twice a year, I snug up the handles...

T-Fal Company Information