1.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for new cookware?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

T-Fal

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 25, 2017

46 T-Fal Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 25, 2017

I bought a T-Fal cookware set about a year ago. A few months after I bought them I noticed that food was sticking even though I put oil in the pan. Soon after my husband noticed that there were large sockets in the cookware. That is strange, it looks as though there were bubbles in the cookware & part of the pan just blew up in those places. We contacted T-Fal & they said that we needed to take them back to where we bought them. Since it has been over 6 months the store will not take them back. We feel it is a manufacturing defect. Here we have a $200 set of pots & pans & the manufacturer said basically "too bad." We sent pics but they said it looks like abuse not a defect. I use low heat, rubber utensils, wash them only by hand, not sure what else to do. Remember it is very hard to capture this in a picture.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I never abused my T-fal frying pan and after about one year I noticed the bottom covering was apparently flaking off and food was beginning to stick. This was about two years ago. The pan was NOT abused with heat nor cooking methods or utensils. I followed the instructions and paid $18.00 to have the pan mailed as directed. I included my sales receipt, name, address, phone number and e-mail address. I never heard back from T-fal. I mistakenly sent them my original receipt for purchase. I bought T-fal because Cook’s Illustrated recommended them. So much for their recommendation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 8, 2017

Ok I received this as a gift. The T-fal nonstick 20-inch pan, I hate it! It immediately started to disintegrate and the nonstick part came off almost after the first use! It continued to come off and I never scratched it or used harsh cleaners or anything like that. Then tried to contact the company and never heard back at all!! The pan costs like $21 plus tax and it's supposed to be nonstick for life and didn't even hold up three months!! All scratched and it sticks like a cheap $2.00 pan!!! I can't even get any customer service or refund when I tried to get one. There's no one home. Sound familiar?

Original review: April 18, 2017

New glass lid exploded and crumbled into many small pieces immediately after removing lid from pot. A frightening experience since I purchased T-Fal cookware over 12 years ago and love my original set - reason for buying this second colorful set. Perhaps, there are some issues with the current manufacturer of T-Fal cookware since others are experiencing the same or similar issues.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I have been using T-Fal products for over 15 years. I have read through many of the reviews and I am very surprised. For many reasons but I will share two of the main reasons. One, is that the product failed, in the way that it did. I have been using T-Fal pots and pans for several years, most of my children's lives and they are now in their mid 20's. The nonstick is impeccable, I have used other products and haven't found anything like T-Fal. This product is durable, last over time. I have had to buy only three sets in over 15 years. That is probably 5 sets a year, but it is really more about me than the product. I like newer products. The older products I have either donated or passed on to family members who are still using them.

Two is based on the way the T-Fal customer service handled its complaints. As I stated before, I have continued to use T-Fal over and over again for years and I have never experienced had the experiences that others have had. I cannot speak on the negative side of the product. I would say that nothing is 100%. Although you don't expect to have exploding products, especially when you are dealing with high intensive heat.

However I still stand by T-fal. I will say this if I have a problem with any product or service that I receive and I call for assistance, the continued use of whether or not I will use, or endorse a product, will based on the customer service that I receive. If you do not take care in your customers concerns seriously, and if your employees are not trained to take value in your core values, which customer services should be in the top 5, then you do not need to have customers. The customer isn't always right, however, your products isn't perfect. Please keep that in mind. I love T-Fal (I do not use love lightly), I have been using it for many years, and I will continue to use it. However if I ever have a problem with this product, the type of customer service that I receive could be the deal breaker for me in the future. There are always bigger and better products. Don't forget about your customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Fal?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I got this pan for Christmas 2016 and upon using it around the 3rd or 4th time it started peeling profusely along with the wire rack????!!! I don't want that toxic coating ingested by anyone ESPECIALLY MY FAMILY & FRIENDS!!!! This is highly DANGEROUS and I either want it replaced with one THAT WORKS OR REFUNDED!!! It was bought at Walmart on Lexington Springmill Rd. in Mansfield, Ohio.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Optigrill plus - The buttons for sensory cooking do not light up. The only one I can use is the manual temperature setting. It does not provide the benefit that I wanted by purchasing it (automatically knows when the food is done) and I have sent an email to the company. After reading the other reviews, I am not sure I will get a response but if I do, I will be writing a more positive review.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I've had it for years and it's still cooking fine. I find this to be a very good quality product. It cooks well, cleans very easily and looks good. I really like it and am glad I purchased this pot set.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

This product is TRASH! We received "T-Fal Culinaire 16-Pc. Cookware Set" as a wedding present. I attempted to cook some sauteed chicken and blackened salmon in our new pan. I kept the temperature to a moderate level (between 4.5 to 5.5) and used a light amount of cooking oil. After almost getting burned by grease popping and being volatile while cooking the chicken tenders, I turned down the heat and allowed the temperature to mellow out. I lifted the lid and tried to place the salmon in the pan and for a 2nd time the pan could not endure the condensation from the lid nor did it give me any grace in removing the lid before the pan exploded and the grease was projected at least 5 feet from the pan and stove and burnt my face severely.

I am a cook and do catering. I have been cooking for over 30 years and I have never experienced something as scary as this. The pans are cheaply made and cannot endure moderate heat and cooking oil combinations. The tops which have a ventilation hole cause a massive amount of condensation which in normal cases allows the user to carefully remove the lid and allow the temperature to balance out... But the temperature of these pans and the lack of technology production puts the user in grave danger.

Look at my face! My eye was blinded for at least 2 hours. My lips are blistered. My neck is damaged. My face is scared and uncomfortable. I am a professional performer and am constantly in front of the public eye, I am going through pain and discomfort and these pictures are all days apart from each other. This happened on January 2, 2017. Do NOT BUY THESE PANS. If you do... Do NOT USE any form of cooking oil or you may look LIKE ME!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

They need to stand behind their customers. My pan warped from heat and doesn't sit properly on my smooth top stove. The pans don't last like they should.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Bought double broiler copper star TFAL by Jamie Oliver about 2 to 3 months ago. My husband put the pot on the stove to cook Carrots but didn't realize there was no water in the bottom pot. When he realized there wasn't water in the bottom, he picked up the pot and turned it in my direction about 8 feet away. The star inserts made of copper, aluminum and stainless steel pour out of the bottom like water and I immediately felt my feet burn as well as my daughter behind him.

Liquid metal rolled all over the kitchen floor burning our new oak laminate flooring, baseboards and our 2 fatigue kitchen mats. Had to pour water on it causing smoke damage and more feet burns and jagged metal pieces everywhere. TFAL would not even acknowledge this to be any problem. They wouldn't even validate warranty. They blamed us for abuse of overheating and nothing was done to look into it. This is a very serious safety issue that could be all products like this and they won't acknowledge it all.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I liked the performance, value, brand and reliability after having used it. The price is reasonable, but better than that the cookware is reliable. I originally bought a pan on sale, really liked the feel of the pan and the way it cooked everything evenly. Found the set on sale and purchased it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have the nonstick inside and out, but the fry pans do not seem even, there is a red dot that turns solid red when it's ready to use, but if you add some olive oil, butter, etc. it seems to go to the sides. The inside of the pan and outside are easy to clean, but the bottom is not. On a whole I do like the set I purchased. I wash by hand.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

So this just happened in my kitchen not even a few months old. Purchased it not even a few months ago when I moved into my apartment. Called the line and was told by a rude woman I had to replace it on my own!! Excuse me? This top exploded right next to my kids and on their food. So not only did I had to redo their dinner (not that I mind at all) but make sure they were ok and make sure they did not step on glass! And in the process cutting my hands as well. You want me to purchase a new what a new set if I didnt like it as that rude woman told me!!? This is your cookware and you are refusing to take any responsibility because the warranty doesn't cover anything like that? When after it popped I did my research and not only did T-Fal receive a 1.4 rating. Wish I would have known that before I would never have bought it! But you cant replace your flaw??? Is this a joke???

P.S. Customer service needs to be retrained on how to deal with upset customers who are just trying to not only get answers but fix the situation because companies like you fail to realize not everyone is made out of MONEY! I would never recommend this product. I will share it on my feed so friends can see and share it as well and will give an more reviews on Amazon and other sites with the pictures all because you cant help the people who are putting money in your pockets. Its pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

WORST PRODUCT EVER! I am over 50 years old and have never seen the likes of this... MY HANDLES KEEP UNSCREWING! They said I could send it in & evaluate the problem but I kind of need my cookware... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is not just one pot or pan it is ALL of them... AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Original review: June 11, 2016

I'm reading all of these horrible reviews of T-Fal about the handles coming loose on cooking pans, skillets, etc... The handles come loose on ALL brands of pans, over time, with a screw holding them on... These are better than the ones that are riveted only with the much cheaper handle. Yeah, mine start to come loose about every six months or so... so what? The temperature variation on anything in the short amount of time is going to cause the same problem on anything like this. This isn't a quality issue, this is physics. It's going to happen... not a problem. These have the best and longest lasting non-stick coating of any economical or affordable pans that we have ever used. We've been using ours for many years and maybe twice a year, I snug up the handles...

Original review: May 16, 2016

Bought a set for my wife about two months ago and they are complete garbage for the price. Handles coming loose, pancake pan warped. I am completely dissatisfied with this.

Original review: May 16, 2016

I am very disappointed in this item T-fal Prissima deep fryer... Works great but the bottom of it fell right off came unglued! Thank God it wasn't full of hot oil!! This is ridiculous... Had my children been using it I would not be very happy with them all burned from hot oil!!!

Original review: April 19, 2016

I called T-False about safety concerns with their folding cheese grater. I was so surprised to find that they had no interest or desire to hear what I was calling about. I do the majority of my cooking with my grandchildren and this item is dangerous. The grater slips, and folds up while you attempt to use it. I have cut myself several times and I have only been using it for a week. There is no way I would ever buy this product again. I won't even donate it. It is going into the garbage. Right along with the prospect of ever purchasing any T-Fal products again.

Original review: March 15, 2016

Don't bother buying these if you want them to last more than 6 months! The coating wore off within a few uses, following all instructions. We tried all methods of re-treating them, with no good results. T-Fal will not refund, but will replace them with the same crappy product. I won't spend another penny on sending them so they can tell me they were damaged by too much heat or something (not true!). They are going in the trash today, as is any future thoughts of buying their products.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I tried to register my new T-Fal deep fryer online as the accompanying documentation requested. I gave needed information such as name, address, phone, model, etc. but I ignored requests for personal information such as age, sex, marital status, how many people I live with and my income. When I submitted the registration it bounced saying the personal information is "required".

I submitted a ticket via their website asking why such information is "required". I got an automatic acknowledgement saying I would hear back within two days. Many more days later and after repeated reminders to them I have heard nothing back. If I had walked up to a customer service counter to register a warranty and the clerk asked me face to face how much I earned, if I was married and how many people I lived with, it would be patently rude in the extreme. Doing it online is equally as rude. Their rudeness is compounded by their ignoring my requests for why they do this. They compound the malfeasance by not responding to my reasonable question.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Original problem with "doming" that prevented good contact with induction range burner. (T-Fal Professional # E9380894 & E 9380584) Discovered problem too late to get Amazon refund-- had to deal directly with T-Fal. First replacement set even more defective. Second replacement set arrived today - not even induction capable-- this requirement made clear in all correspondence - written and verbal. Buyer beware. T-fal will not issue refund.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

I received a set of cookware for Christmas and was surprised to see how piss poor the workmanship was. The pans were and looked cheap with the bottoms being so thin that they will probably make it a few months until I will replace them with a good set. This set was not cheap. It's companies like this that should be put out of business.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

Consumers, be advised if purchasing T-Fal aluminum cookware - do not drop the pan. You will soon have a football shaped pan that no longer fits the round glass lid. Very cheap product. I will never buy T-Fal again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

We bought our set of T-Fal cookware about a year ago. Within 2 months, the handles on the pans were coming loose. Today, as I picked up a pan with hot food in it, it completely came off, thankfully while still over the stove. Otherwise, I would've been burned. I called T-Fal customer service when I first started noticing the handles were coming loose. I was told that the tool needed to tighten up the handles were not available. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. In my opinion, they are a burn hazard.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2015

I purchased a deep fryer about a year and a half ago. Now the on and off button fell completely apart, no way to turn it on or off. Pretty much junk. I probably only used this fryer about 8 months total, now it's junk and needs to be thrown away. I will never buy another product from T-FAL!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

When frying bacon and/or chicken thighs over medium heat, black smoke billows out of the pan as if food was burning. Is this dangerous?

Original review: July 12, 2015

My mother was fixing supper and was letting the meat simmer on low heat. She turned to throw away trash and she heard a pop. When she looked back the lid had cracked launching glass on the meat. This is not the first time either. The experience blew glass all over the kitchen.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I was frying okra in a 12 inch across and approximately 2 inches deep. A hole blew out the bottom of the skillet, allowing the oil to get on the element, causing a big fire. The stove was ruined and we had to buy a new one. The skillet was a Christmas gift.

Original review: March 13, 2015

Handles have been loose on these pans since I bought them. I called T-Fal. They will not do anything. We tried tightening with screwdriver but it doesn't help. I lifted a pan to drain noodles and the hot water spilled everywhere. Luckily I only had minor steam burns. These pans are a serious hazard and should be recalled. This could have been much worse. I will never purchase t-fal again.

T-Fal Company Information