2.0/5 (112 ratings)

About T-Fal

T-Fal Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Fal?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I bought this T-fal frying pan and I noticed it chipping away and exposing the aluminum underneath the coating after the first use. I am diligent not to use anything that would scratch the pan and washed it by hand. I called T-fal customer support to give my feedback and the representative was extremely rude. Also she told me it would not be covered under warranty unless it was “defective.” I don’t think this pan is defective, just poor quality and poorly constructed. I was quite disappointed as a consumer as I had higher expectations for T-fal. Well they just lost a customer because I will be switching to another brand in the future. This company is bad and doesn’t care or stand behind their products. I would avoid buying them! Not worth the $!!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I bought a T-Fal pan that I thought I would have for a very long time. I followed all of the rules by not using high heat, no broiling, no abrasive scouring pads. I took very good care of this pan but all of the coating continued to come off so I only got to use it a few times because I was afraid that I would get some sort of poisoning if I cooked any food in it. Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt and I really did not want to waste the time or effort to take it back because I was very disappointed since I thought that TFAL was a great product but I found out different. I will not purchase any more of their products and I am a person that cooks all of the time.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I recently ordered T-Fal's 13 pc stainless with copper bottom set and upon first use of the frying pans the handles were loose and the metal on the cook surface spotted and discolored. Everything I cooked stuck even being well oiled. I made one egg omelet (disaster) and the egg stuck to the pan so badly I just had a mess. I am fortunate enough to be able to return this product through Amazon and purchase Lodge Cast Iron to replace this inferior product. PS: It took one washing and while drying to notice the handles having movement in them.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My lady has just one T-FAL product, a 12 inch skillet, Model #30SP1. Since day one the single problem has been the handles coming loose. Loose to the point of coming right off the skillet. I see in the reviews that most owners are having the same problem, so I created a good solid, permanent fix. Easy, and cheap, probably $3-$5, depending on where you find what's needed. My local Ace was the place for me.

In their basic nut and bolt drawers, find 2 5mm socket head bolts, in 80 pitch, and match the length (they are NOT the same length!) of the junk screws the company provided in the pan. While T-FAL used a chrome looking screw, (that you can't find a tool for) the replacement will most likely be a black alloy steel, much higher quality, plus a color match for your handle. It's a standard size metric screw, just ask the Ace man for help if you need advice. If you don't have a set of metric hex keys (commonly called Allen wrenches) pick one up that's a good fit for your new screws. Also pick up a small tube of Loctite 272. Loctite 271 will work if they don't carry the high temp version.

If your handles were already loose, great, just finish removing them, and you're almost home. With everything ready to go back together, open the tube of Loctite (carefully, it's runny like water) by snipping off just a tiny part of the tip. You're only going to want a few drops, so a small opening is best. Put your screw on the hex key, holding it upright so as to not lose the screw, and dribble just a tiny bit in a line along the screw threads, making sure you get a solid line, not just a dot here and there. Working without much delay, screw the new bolt in a bit snug, but don't use arm strength, just your fingers, otherwise you'll make junk out of a very usable pan. (The threads will strip in your pan!)

As you tighten the screws down, keep an eye on the alignment of the handles, they'll want to twist in the direction you're turning the screw. That's it, all done! Set your pan aside for about 24 hours while the Loctite cures, and your pan will be good to go. Almost as good as a quality pan would have been in the first place. Best part is you won't need to tolerate rude customer service reps, nor pay to ship your pan back to them. Never mind thanking me, just throw flowers in my path. Regards to all, Bob.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I submitted pictures of non stick surface wearing off. Despite “lifetime“ warranty they accused me of using metal utensils, which I did not, and refused coverage. So many other brands from which to choose. Don’t buy T-Fal!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Pan on range top unstable, handle too heavy for lightweight pan and it flips pan up. If used with oil will splash oil onto user or burner and cause fire. Called company and were not at all interested in issue.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I recently made a lifetime warranty claim for my defective fry pan. They asked me to send pictures and receipt. I sent all of that 3-4 weeks ago. I received no response. When I call recently, they said the pan was overheated. I asked for a supervisor to call me. No response. I left 2 messages for Jasmin Dugal _Vice President. No response. Buyer beware. Lifetime warranty is a joke & nobody cares to respond at T-Fal. There are plenty of others to choose from. DO NOT CHOOSE T-FAL!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

My toaster is about 6 months old. Unfortunately I did not keep my receipt and now that the lever (which is made of CHEAP plastic is broken and keeps flying off when pushed down. I contacted T-Fal and they are telling me I have to pay to get a new part. My suggestion is don't buy the product. It is cheap. If you do I suggest you keep the receipt. You are going to need it. If it is more than a year you will have to pay. Best to just buy a better brand.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

These pans seem sturdy, they're heavy enough to cook nicely but not so heavy to take forever to heat up. The problem lies with the hardware...the handles on the pans and lids are constantly coming loose. Not your average occasional need for tightening. Fall-off-the-pan loose with each use. It's scary. I'm afraid I'm going to pick up a pot and burn someone or myself badly because the handle falls off. And what's worse, the screw is a star shape, very difficult to fully retighten with normal tools. I do not recommended.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I received a these pots and pans as a Christmas gift December 2017. Within 6 months the bottoms started coming off and the insides as well. In October I emailed the company. I finally got a response in November. They stated to send them photos and descriptions of the pots and pans. I did this and was informed that of the four pans they would only replace 1 pan. Even though they all were bad. When I called the hotline they were rude and said it was normal wear and tear. I will never buy these products again, such a waste.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I purchased T-Fal roaster for last Thanksgiving and it was fine. I got it out this year and cooked my turkey and the juice for gravy was ruined as all the black coating was floating in my gravy juice. Luckily the turkey was completely wrapped in foil.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

These are the worst pots and pans I have ever had and used. Including the cheap ones from the Dollar Store. From the first time I used and washed - by hand mind you - they have developed chips on the bottom and stick constantly when cooking.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Ordered a 10 piece for Sears Canada. 2 years ago. They have scratched and chipped. The handles break off and have never used in the oven. All the pots and lids have warped. Not one fits properly. At least they could have warped to the same shape. A real waste of money. Don't waste yours.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought a set of T-Fal cookware about 5-6 years ago for a second home with minimal use. Over the years I’ve had typical problems with it including chipped Teflon coating, loose handles & knobs, plus the plastic flex tops on the lids break. Well today, it was an entirely different disaster. I was searing meat in a Dutch oven, to make a beef veggie soup. The electric stove burner was set on 7. After searing all sides of the meat, I went to move the Dutch oven to a different burner to add other ingredients. When I lifted the pot, the entire bottom of the Dutch oven was stuck to the electric coil, and pulled the coil out of the embedded socket! The coil fell back onto the stove top, which means I dodged a big one as it could have burnt my foot, ruined my floor or started a fire. I’m done with T-Fal... That was the last straw.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

If I could I wouldn’t even be rating this company as a 1 star because it definitely doesn’t deserve it. I’ve had these pans for just a few months as a house warming gift from my family and all of a sudden my pan bubbles. Not to mention they screws are constantly coming undone. I am the one who keeps very good care of my products, so this upsets me.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I purchased a T-FAL roasting pan and used it to bake a ham. Small pieces of lining flaked off. Used it again to bake ham later and after washing it larger chunks of lining are flaking off. I sure hope this is not coming off while we bake it. I don't want to be eating the lining of this cheap horrible pan!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

In April 2018, I purchased a 3 qt saucepan. I did not have any problems until now. Last week I saw bubbles making an appearance in the bottom of the saucepan. Yesterday a.m. I was making breakfast and now all of a sudden the bottom of the pan is covered with bubbles. I was on jury duty last week and I am going to call T-Fal in the a.m. This is ridiculous. If they are uncooperative I will file a formal complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. I suggest that everyone on this website do the same thing.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We got a new set of T-Fal pots and pans for Christmas 2018, it's now June 2018-, not even 6 months into owning these pans and 2 of them are chipping horribly; with a third pan starting. My in-laws paid good money for junk. Customer service - to be aggravated by some rude remarks, to absolutely no avail-no thanks. Do not spend your hard earned money on this junk. I'd rather rate you a zero.

Original review: July 2, 2018

While cooking dinner I lift lid with one hand and stir with other. ONLY HAD LID ON 2 MINUTES ON LOW!! While stirring the lid SHATTERS EVERYWHERE! Including in the family dinner, the stove, counter floor and on me. I call customer service who tells me that it is my fault that there had to be a crack in the lid. NO there was not... Then tells me I can go to the store and purchase another lid or I can pay to send my pot (only large pot I have) to them and they will try to fit a lid to the pot. The representative was rude and blaming me for the incident. This said lid was rarely used and cared for gently as it is made of glass. Always hand washed... Do not own a dishwasher and it is currently 80 degrees Fahrenheit inside so no it did not go from cold to hot customer service!

I will never spend the obscene amount on T-Fal products ever again! They absolutely do not stand behind their products. I am scared to even use the other lids now in fear of the next shattering going into someone's eyes. BEWARE... Not a good product as I had always believed. Do not believe the hype or the lifetime warranty... limited or otherwise. IT IS NOT TRUE! There is not a warranty for these defective products. If I could give the product and the customer service 0 stars trust me I would. Worst product ever. Now to look for new set so this doesn't happen again. Save your money for a worthy product. T-Fal is not it!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Before I make a complaint, let me say that I absolutely love my T-Fal frying pan! Unfortunately, my roommate cooked in it at too high of a temperature and burned it. Because the lid was still good, I wanted to replace only the pan. I called T-Fal Customer Service for help in locating the appropriate pan. The representative made a recommendation and even found it for me online and I bought it.

When it arrived, I found that the lid did not fit. It turns out that you can’t go only on the measurement of the pan, you must know the “model” as well. My pan (and lid) was from the Simply Cook series and the pan the rep recommended was from the Signature series. My Simply Cook lid did not fit my new Signature pan. The company refused a refund and I ended up buying another Simply Cook series pan with lid. Boo! Again, this said, the product itself is fabulous. But the customer service, not so much.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Purchased a T-Fal Fryer, manual stated the temp to be reach of 374 degrees, tested it with new thermometers, call for service, told to send the element to service center. Did that twice. T-Fal corporate tech told the service center that I should expect a 30 degree variance. This is not a fryer if it cannot reach at a min of 375 degrees. Page 9 of the attached manual stated that it does, picture attached states that it cannot.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Granted, I found this skillet at HomeGoods and paid about $20 for it. Even so! The red paint on the bottom stuck onto my gas stove's burners, and within several uses, the entire pan warped. What crap! I can see everyone else feels the same way. Worst nonstick skillet ever.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Lifetime guarantee is plastered all over the stainless steel frying pans, and now even in the products marketed as Warp-proof. However, inside the packaging in small print - this is now phrased as "limited lifetime warranty"- only for manufacturing defects. I contacted Customer Service and they basically said - "extremely unlikely that it isn't due to user error but if you want to send product in we will look at it, and then return in when we tell you there is no manufacturing defect." What a horrible stance a company can take!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have purchased 2 different sets of T-Fal. The handles are so extremely aggravating. Every time I need to use one I have to tighten up the handles. I’ve even had the handles fall completely off. I am shopping for a new set now and it will be a different brand. For the price of these, the handles should not be as crappy as they are.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Sauté Pan: I bought this set at Macy’s in June 2017. I was gone from September to January 2018. Only person using it. I never put it in the dishwasher, and I use wooden spoons or plastic. I use soft sponges to wash them with. Today while making eggs, as I normally use this pan for, it shows one of the screws paint was off and the metal portion of the handle shows discoloration. Plus, cracking eggs on the side seems to be making little dents, and the red thermos pot, has never shown it’s ready. For only using it really for 3 months this should not happen. Think twice before you buy this product. Had T-Fal set before that’s why I bought this set. Last time I buy T-Fal!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I purchased a T-Fal Fresh Express Shredder and the 4th time that I used it, the plunger that pushes the food item down into the shredder developed a crack, and small part of the contact surface came off. I thought the company would replace it without cost, but they are charging me for the part and for shipping it from France.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My wife bought 3 T-Fal non stick frying pans a couple months ago and she mentioned to me about food sticking in her new pans. Today I decided to cook breakfast and I ruined my eggs as they stuck so bad to the pan that my over easy eggs turned into scrambled by the time I got them out of the pan. Then trying to clean the pans after I was done eating was impossible. I give up on trying to wash them by hand so my next step is going to be oven cleaner. I will never own another set of these pans and would not recommend anyone buying these pans. When my wife get back from vacation we are going to buy some good cookware as these will probably turn into targets on my rifle range because that's about all they're good for. So my advice is to bite the bullet, do some research and spend some real money on a professional set, something that is going to last a lifetime not just a few months.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I just tried a 14 piece set out 30 days ago. 25 days ago I sent them an email letting them know that inside of the pan there was peeling. Everything was sticking. Dishwasher uses the dishwasher and change them a couple different color. The handles was coming off. I sent the company email and if I knew they wasn't going to help me out I could have just took it back to the store because I still had a 30-day refund. Well long story short these pan is crap and I wish I never bought them. Then they tried to blame it on you. No it's their product that they didn't put good effort into it. Everything's stick even if I use the Pam spray and the knobs are all off the pan. They don't even Deserve an 1 star. I waste my time and my money and my emails when I could have just took it back to the store if they wasn't giving me the runaround. Bad business and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After receiving the red set of T-Fal pans for my birthday, my excitement, quickly turned to disappointment. With one use the red exterior finish came off. Were not put in the dishwasher, rinsed out to put in dishwasher but never abrased. When contacting T-Fal they said this was "wear and tear" on cookware. With being used one time, they consider that to be wear and tear. So basically from their point of view the pans are unusable. Would not recommend these at all and they have terrible customer service!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

T-Fal has been and still is producing dangerous products. The handles on their cookware are very loose and will not stay tight on any of the pots and pans. And the coating is dangerous, peeling, sticking, etc... Why hasn't this garbage been recalled??? How many people must get severely injured or die before the government or T-Fal do something? These problems are happening to new products after only a couple uses. These damn products cost a small fortune for what?They should not be this dangerous. I can't even call T-Fal junk, as junk is more useful than this T-Fal crap. Pure **. Close this so called company down T-Fal, Americans deserve better!

T-Fal Company Information