4.40/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1730 SunSetter Awnings Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: May 30, 2019

I bought a house that had a rotten deck on it and I had to have the entire deck torn off and replaced. We downsized it and I had spoken with a contractor about building me a screened porch. I couldn't afford the quote he gave me. I remembered SunSetter and I called. They sent me a new brochure. I knew what I wanted and they had it so I ordered one. My handyman put it up and it was the wrong one. I had ordered 17 x 20 and they sent me 17 x 10. I called them up and they sent me the right size right out and sent me a shipping label to send the other one back. I was completely satisfied there and I love my awning. It helps tremendously. It's on the west side of the house, which means that my deck is really in the sun in the afternoon. I very seldom retract it. It stays out all the time.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Everything was fine during the installation of our SunSetter awning. We got it in early fall last year and since then the awning has been performing for us.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Stay away from SunSetter. I am a 65 year old female and cannot install the awning myself. When I called to find an installer I am told by the company I have to pay $499.00 in advance BEFORE anyone will even come out. I have never in my lifetime been paid in advance for a job not yet done. Everything is still laying on my garage floor till I can find someone. Angie's List & Home Advisor can't even help me. No one in the Tulsa area. Stay away from SunSetter!

Original review: May 29, 2019

SunSetter's salesman and customer service reps were good. Though they were a little late at getting their license, everything else went pretty well. We got a motorized awning from them. Their installers came and they looked like they knew what they were doing. I like to play cards and sit out in the shade and my SunSetter awning has been pretty nice out.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Last summer was so hot, and I tried to sit outside and I could not. I'm 88 years old and I could not go through another summer like that one. I decided to get an awning and the provider came up from Honesty one evening when I called him. He told me different things and I was very impressed. Since I got the awning, I've had a couple of outside eats with my family. Afterwards, we would go over and enjoy the shade of my awning. Everybody that sees it loves it. I'd definitely recommend SunSetter to a friend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had an excellent experience with SunSetter Awnings. I put a new deck on and purchased a striped,12-foot awning from them. The installers were really good. Moreover, I love the product and use it all the time. For the most part, I keep it extended in the summer.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My Sunsetter awning didn’t have any post to hang it down on each corner, so it’s self-supporting. It’s all automatic, open and shut. I got it in green and with the best fabric. The installation took two hours and the team did a good job. I’m very satisfied. When we’re around the swimming pool, we use it.

Original review: May 28, 2019

After we purchased the SunSetter awning, they sent out the installer to install it and that was where the problem began. The installer couldn't install it because it was the wrong size. And in order to install it, I would have to cut a tree and some other things. It would cost is more money and we would have to pay for cutting the tree. They should’ve sent someone out to inspect it. What the salesperson told us wasn’t true, so we have such a bad feeling and bad situation. So we cancelled the order, and now they are trying to get us to keep the order and cut the tree and take a smaller size, but we’re not gonna do that. We wanted the awning, but it was not a good experience. And we’re still waiting for them to refund our money.

Before installing, SunSetter could take proper measurements, and give the buyer instruction as to what needs to be done. For instance, if they had taken the proper measurement, they would've known that the tree was in the way. They could’ve discussed that with me prior to ordering it, and I would've rather be known right then we were not gonna cut the tree. They could have rectified this. We would not have to go through all of this, cancelling the order and the problem that we’re having with them now. Also, if they had discussed the smaller one, we might have gone with it. But I’m almost sure we wouldn’t have because the whole point of getting the awning was to stop the rain from coming on the patio. We wanted to sit out there during the rain. My wife loves rains. If we got their smaller awing, water would still be dropping on our portion of the patio.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have full exposure to the sun. There's no shade whatsoever and at the time I perceived that Sunsetter was the better company to go with compared to other awning companies. We got the awning with the wind sensor. It has the self retraction if the wind hits a certain point. It’s full-electronic. And I do have the backup that I could do it manually if I had to. The guys that came to install were very efficient, courteous, quick, and fast. We've been extremely happy with Sunsetter. They were pleasant, informed and courteous. There were no promises made that weren’t kept.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The patio I had was falling apart and I had to have the patio reported last fall. I was thinking around building kind of a porch out there, but that makes it too dark in the kitchen. I needed something that rolled up so I could have light in the kitchen. I decided on SunSetter, finally. My dad had one too when he lived in Prescott, so I've seen how nice that was. I had their rep come out and told her what I wanted. She was a nice lady and wasn't a high-pressure salesman. She listened to what I wanted and helped me pick the awning out. She marked it all down and we ordered it.

Three installers came out and the awning was a big, heavy thing but they put her up there and there was no problem. It looked like they knew what they were doing. For what I wanted and stuff, I ended up with the motorized awning and I'm pleased with it. I would recommend SunSetter. If a friend or family is thinking about an awning, I would tell them SunSetter would be my choice.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I was impressed that SunSetter got the colors that I wanted. I purchased a motorized awning and the installation was done really well. There were a few hot days when we used the awning and we've been very satisfied with it. I wish I had bought a cover for it though.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Somebody we know down in Bass River had a SunSetter awning. We already had one installed last summer and there was another area that we thought needed some shade. It was a very good experience with the SunSetter team. The rep was very knowledgeable and responsive to things. There was one thing that didn't come on the day that the awning was installed and he came very quickly and remedied it. I got two automatic awnings, and they were large and striped. The installation went smoothly and the installers cleaned up after themselves. The new awning made going out in the area at late afternoon and early evening much more pleasant. It's on the southwest side of the house so, it's much more pleasant. I’m extremely satisfied with SunSetter Awnings.

Original review: May 27, 2019

SunSetter's installers were great. We really liked the awning they installed until Memorial weekend. That time, we were out cooking some hamburgers and hotdogs underneath the awning then stepped back inside for a minute. When the wind picked up a little bit, the awning started to roll in. All of a sudden, something happened and the sensor popped off of the awning and twisted the bars. Currently, we're trying to get it fixed and worked on. However, SunSetter is trying to tell me that the awning is not covered under the warranty.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with SunSetter. They're the best awning company and their team was very helpful and prompt. I got the motorized awning with the LED lights, and I'm enjoying it everyday. Our deck gets pure sunshine and it is too hot to walk on but the awning keeps it cooler so the area is more usable. The awning cools the inside of the house, too. Plus, it matches everything. I have already recommended SunSetter.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Some of our fellow car club members live down the street from us and they got a SunSetter. We were over by them and we really liked it. We decided to contact SunSetter to see what they could do for us. However, during the installation, we were right on the verge of an approaching thunderstorm. Their installer had to finish putting the shroud in the rain, so it was rather hurried. Also, when the awning is fully extended, it is a little different looking. Still, I'm very satisfied with the work that was done and their team was very professional.

The company who installed it had a promotion wherein if I recommended a SunSetter to a friend who then goes ahead to purchase one, I would get $100 from the company. We reminded them of that for our fellow car club members but they never followed through. We never got an answer so I washed my hands of them. Despite this, I like my SunSetter and I'd definitely recommend it.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I saw Sunsetter awning at my neighbor and it looked good and they recommended it. The people at Sunsetter were great and I had a super good experience. They answered the questions and were helpful. They know what's in a senior community, so they knew what I needed for the approval of the installation and all the other nonsense that I needed. The installation was quick and clean. Everything went through just as they said it would. I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My son had a SunSetter awning and he got along with it good so I chose them. The team did what they talked about. I knew what I wanted, so I didn't have to listen to them very much. They worked out real good with the installation.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My deck was so hot and I happened to see the SunSetter Awnings ad in a magazine I was reading. I bought a blue and white striped awning. It was pricey but I don't know that there's anything cheaper. The SunSetter team was nice and put my awning in quickly. I haven't had it very long, but it has been fine.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I have been seeing the SunSetter ads on TV and on the paper. I was curious, and wanted to just see and learn more about it before I invested in it. The rep came and we talked and I asked how quick I could get it. He told me a couple weeks and they came and installed it. The serviceman who came was also the man who ordered the SunSetter. When he came in, he called and let me know it was ready and we could get it installed. I had nothing on the agenda and it just happened when they had time to come and put it in because he lives in Lexington and that’s quite a little distance from Sumter. Also, I got the remote control and I enjoy that because I’m 92 years old. I’m at that point where I don’t do much physically anymore. I'm happy with SunSetter. My daughter bought me a swing that is big enough for three people to sit on and that awning is the perfect thing to have over that swing.

Original review: May 26, 2019

We had seen SunSetter at some of the home shows and we’ve gotten things in the mail from them. We have relatives who have them too. So, we weren’t really intending to go with any other company. However, we’re not happy with the size of it. There was a little mix-up between the guy that initially ordered the area to where we were going to put the awning. Though the one that is up now which is an 8-footer is working fine, we would like a 10-footer. We feel like we were kinda strayed the wrong way by the initial gentleman who came to measure. It’s obviously too small for our space. Other than that, everything’s fine. On the day that the young guys came and installed, everything went perfectly. The guys were wonderful.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I had a south-facing sunporch and it's terribly hot coming in there, so I decided to put an awning instead of a roof. I figured I could have it opened up in the wintertime and down in the summer time, but I can't put it down too much when the wind is blowing ‘cause it would tear up. Sunsetter was a lot more expensive than what they advertised, so that was a misrepresentation. Still, putting up the awning wasn't too bad.

Original review: May 25, 2019

SunSetter was recommended to us by our builder. The team from SunSetter was good. And our SunSetter looks like a good awning. I've only had it out a couple of times when we were out on our patio and wanted shade. We're getting the deck rebuilt, and it's silly to put it out until the deck's done. I like our awning so far. But I don't know how expensive it was because our insurance paid for it. I had to pay the deductible, but if I was going to purchase it, I might have shopped around and made sure I got the best one for my money. But since I was getting it replaced by insurance and my builder said it was a good one, we got it.

We had a tree fall down and knock our deck down and part of our house and the awning we currently had, and we had to replace it. And we decided to get an awning from SunSetter instead of putting up a permanent one. And this one runs by itself. If the wind starts to blow, it closes by itself. The only thing is our awning has a rip in it, and they're supposed to come and replace it. It was installed, and the first time I put it out, we noticed a tear right where one of the bolts was in the middle. And so, the guy said he would replace it. And the weather was too bad the other day, so I don't know when he's coming back to do it.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We added a deck on the side of the back porch and there's no shade. We were looking at other ways of maybe shading it and in the end, we decided one of these rollout shades such as SunSetter would be a good option. I looked at four or five different companies that make them, looking for color options and widths available. I went with SunSetter and it was a good experience. I'm disappointed, though, that I didn't put it up myself after seeing the installation done. It was a lot easier than I anticipated it being. I spent nearly double the price of the awning to get it installed and after seeing it, I could have done it myself. It's so easy.

The installation team got it somewhat at a level to where it mounts to the wall, but nobody sees it but me. It didn't hurt it at all. They leveled it out at the end when it's open and it's off so little that no one else even sees it. Other than that, it was no problem. I would tell others if they were interested in getting an awning to get it, but I'll help them put it up.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a 20' wide awning Aug 18, 2018 and SunSetter has not followed through on delivery but their latest brochure package in my mailbox this week shows winter covers at $104. Their middlemen blame SunSetter. Supposedly SunSetter had issues with unsafe covers and had to reinvent the wheel. Not only redesign the cover but today told me they had to write up some company mumbo jumbo before covers can be distributed. I said I've been waiting almost a year and the rep couldn't even tell me where they're at on this whole fiasco. I won't recommend SunSetter to anyone. I believe they are false advertising.

Original review: May 24, 2019

The used house that we purchased in Virginia had a SunSetter in place when we got it. We were very happy with that one. So we got them for the awning in our house now. Our house has its back facing west, and we catch full sun from the afternoon well into the evening. SunSetter was very professional. They were able to answer any questions we had. I was very happy with them. We got the automated awning with the wind sensor. A father and son team came out to do the installation. They were great about hiding the cord that had to go down to the power source. They were very thorough and explained all the operations.

We use the awning on a day-to-day basis to help block the west sun coming into the house. And it has received a lot of compliments. SunSetter met all the expectations and I'd definitely recommend them to anybody that talks to me about it. They would have no reason to comparison-shop because SunSetter pretty much beats the competitor. The price is right and the quality is excellent.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We're very pleased with our SunSetter awning. I've seen the advertisements on television and also got those in the mail, and when SunSetter had a $250 off offer early in the season, I decided that was when we needed to get it. We were able to pick the color and the style we wanted and how large we wanted it. Their people were very efficient and helpful. The salesperson was very good and the installers were very friendly. They went right to work and got the installation done within two hours. There was no delay. We were completely satisfied. When we couldn't get the wind sensor to work, we called our salesman and he came out and took care of it for us within a few days. We're really enjoying our SunSetter. It keeps the living room cool because the patio is right off the living room and that keeps the sun from coming in.

Original review: May 24, 2019

The SunSetter guy who came here was fine. He gave me all the information. The people that installed it were fine too. I had sun all the time on my deck, so I got a motorized awning. It appears to be a very quality awning. I would recommend SunSetter.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We put out an awning to help cool the west side of the house. SunSetter was the only one that sent us any information on them. We had guys from Walmart put it in and they were good workers. They came over one morning, put it all up and made sure it worked. The only thing I wish I had was the deal they put on the side where when the wind blows, it comes in by itself. I have to watch it because the wind comes up in the afternoon. Otherwise, the awning works well and I like it.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had a SunSetter Awning when I was down in another home. I know it’s the best. I went and looked for the others and I never found anything that would look like this. That’s why everything is so good on it. Their reps were professional and the installation was great. The quality of the awning is very good and I like it really well. Overall, I was very satisfied and I’d tell my friends that they couldn’t do any better by going with SunSetter.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I was always buying these gazebos and putting them up and taking them down. I finally got sick of that and got this SunSetter awning to replace that. Their team installed it and they were excellent. I'd highly recommend SunSetter.

SunSetter Awnings Company Information