4.44/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1798 SunSetter Awnings Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I needed more covered space in the back of my patio. We got an awning from SunSetter and then the contractor installed it for us. They did a good job. The awning is retractable with a motor. It got a remote control so I can control it off the ground. The only issue is that the wind sensor is a bit sensitive. It makes the awning go up when it’s not that windy outside but it doesn't happen often.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

SunSetter looked like a good product, so we went with them. The representative who came was helpful and pretty straightforward with it. We got an automatic awning and the installation went well. I was impressed at how quickly they installed it. I like the convenience of the new awning. It seems like it is of very good quality, too.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Way back, I bought a SunSetter awning but something happened. I bought another one but I couldn’t take it when I moved to a different unit and I left that one over there. This summer, I bought my third one. I got a small patio, and the sun hit it straight and I wanna block the sun. I bought a smaller awning and it's motorized. I love it because my arms are not that strong. I'm satisfied with the experience with SunSetter and I'm happy.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I’d give Sunsetter good reviews. SunSetter Awnings is a well-known brand and they were very good. Installation was fine. It’s just we had to wait for a considerable amount of time. They were waiting on probably their schedule. I had the 16-foot awning, an automatic model with a remote control, at my home at least three weeks before they actually came to install it. Still, they did a good job and everything was fine. I bought an awning because of the condition of our yard which was too sunny. Now, it's much nicer and we can enjoy the area.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

The awning is wonderful. I had a heart attack last year and to sit out in the open patio in the front is nice. I put the awning out when the sun comes around and it’s not raining. Then even though we had too much rain and not enough sun, we enjoy the awning in the evening. I’d recommend SunSetter highly. When I called them initially, they told me which was the nearest one and they were the people that I got. We dealt from there and everybody was great with me. When the installers got here, they had the job done in two hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My sister had a SunSetter and it was really nice. When my husband put in a new deck and we needed some shade, we decided to get a SunSetter awning. Their team was wonderful, pleasant, knowledgeable, precise, and on time. Plus, they returned calls. We had gotten a remote control awning. It's motorized and pretty big. And it's tan with mocha stripes. The installers really knew what they were doing. It was a wonderful installation experience. We'd recommend SunSetter Awnings.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

SunSetter did a good job of marketing. They were online and I saw a couple of infomercials on TV. There wasn't anybody around that I felt competed with the simplicity of it. It was getting very hot in the back of the house and when I decided to get an awning. I dealt with a local merchant of SunSetter and interacted well with them. They were very responsive and came out when they said they were going to. The installer that they had on staff was very professional and very quick. The motorized awning we bought is a brownish beige. It is very big at 18 feet long. It hangs about 10 feet off the ground. It extends down and has a fall of about a foot.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

We were going with some shade on our deck because after the fire, all our damn trees burned out! We had no shade! It was either the cost of a pergola or just go with the awning. But SunSetter made an offer in that brochure that I couldn't refuse. It had a free barbecue and a discount. The model I got has an electric control. It rolls on out and stops, then rolls back in again and stops again. I was also impressed that when the wind comes up a little bit, the awning coils back up and gets out of the way. It was a pretty clever idea. For the awning, we chose this grayish color that blends okay with the rest. Our house is gray and the metal roof is blue, then the awning is a darker gray than the house.

The two installation guys were capable too. They did their job and got it done. I'm quite satisfied with the experience overall. With summertime, it gets hot outdoors but we did have a little bit more use to the deck because of the awning. It was nice to have. I've also mentioned it to my brother-in-law who lives in Nevada. Their patio was really hot in the summertime.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have a deck on a lake and it's the perfect place to have an awning. SunSetter was the best around that I researched and their team did a fine job. I can spend more time out there now ‘cause the awning blocks the sun. I enjoy it very much.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I built a deck and I wanted to be able to be out there. I looked at SunSetter Awnings and I could afford it. Everybody there was fine. I ordered the awning and it got here like it was supposed to. The awning I bought is 10x20 and remote-controlled. The installation went well. It was an easy process but the awning is a bit heavy. My son-in-law and cousin helped me put it up.

SunSetter Awnings Company Information