4.39/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

SunSetter Awnings Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

The SunSetter people who installed the motorized awning were very good and considerate. They showed me how to use it and I also had them take it back up in case of a storm, that I didn't have electricity. It was a good job.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I stay out in my garage an awful lot of times and I wanted to have something for the front of my garage. I've watched SunSetter ads on TV, I called them and they got a good man out here that’s doing the Sacramento area. I talked to him before and I knew his family. He had a partner with him and they just boom, boom, boom, and the awning was up really fast. I use it every day and everything looks good. The $4,000 was the only drawback but other than that, it has been a really good experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I ordered a SunSetter Awning on the 12th of August. Today is the 12 of September and I still do not have the product. I realize that UPS freight is the major problem but I would think SunSetter would be more help than "I'm sorry"! I have contact both SunSetter and UPS several times and nothing happens. Good luck with receiving your awning.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

We had another SunSetter for about 25 years, and we were pleased with it. When we needed a new one, we went with them again. They were very thorough and they explained everything. The installers were very efficient, too. They came when scheduled and they didn’t leave a mess. Everything was fine. We got a motorized awning. My only problem, however, is the sun comes underneath the awning. It has the panel in the front but the sun comes in on the sides. So, late afternoon, when you want to eat on the deck at 5 o'clock or 5:30, the deck is in the sun. I was under the impression that we could get a side panel, but when I called they said that there was nothing to book it on to for the motorized. I didn’t realize that when I purchased it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I got the awning with a sensor on it, and I got the remote. There’s a solid black and then the stripe between it, and it's gorgeous. The team from SunSetter was great. During the installation, it was the windiest day of the year and they had a hard time, but they got it up. Having it has been really nice. I have no trees and I face the southwest, and it’s a 10-degree difference underneath the awning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

During the summer on a 90-degree day, the sun sets in the west and our house faces that way. So, we get brilliant sunshine from 1 o'clock onwards and it was heating up the house and making the air conditioner come on more than it should. I thought I could plant trees there. We had some maples when we first moved here 30 years ago and that's kind of a good shade thing. But getting the awning from SunSetter was simpler. It didn't take 20 years to grow, so it helped. We set it up for purchase in May and it was installed June the 26th. So, it took them a month to do it. They may have been busy, but I've purchased an $8,000 brand new train system air conditioning because my air conditioning went out and it was installed the next day. So, it can be done.

Other than that, we got the automatic awning and if there is no electricity, it can be operated manually because we got a retraction rod put there. And I purchased the motion sensor, although I don't really know about that thing because sometimes I watched the trees out here, and it's too windy for that awning to be out. So, I retract it myself. The installers showed me how to do that, but the guys came a second time because the first time, they didn't have it installed to where it blocks the sun. I was starting to get sun at 5:30 in the evening and the sun wasn't setting back then until 8:30. So, they sent a second crew to show me how to readjust it about a foot, he did it, and it worked out. I like it and so far, it works really good as far as blocking the sun on the porch.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Harry really enjoys our SunSetter. It’s very nice. He likes to be out on the deck. And sometimes, it gets so hot, and half the day is gone. And he decided last year that he wanted an awning. We had a SunSetter before, but it was the manual. And we had it for about five years. This time, we have the electric, which is much better. I highly recommend SunSetter. We’re very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

SunSetter Awnings is great. The awning itself is great, too. It’s automatic. It’s got the wind sensor on it, and you just press the button and it goes up or down. We used it yesterday. It’s a little cooler this morning. I’ll bring it out later this afternoon again. I just called Brian the other day. We do have a problem. It’s not even windy and the thing will go up by itself. Sometimes, it might go two or three times a day, then it will go three days and it’ll stay perfect. So, I called Brian and he wasn’t sure what it might be, but he said he’d stop by. His work is professional. He is not very punctual though. He said he might’ve had took on too much work, but we were probably about three weeks later than what we expected to be. I'm a little disappointed in his punctuality of getting here. Also, the man that recommended SunSetter to me did not received his $100 yet.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have no trees in my yard and I needed shade. I got an automated awning with the remote from SunSetter and it's 100% great. It's beige with a black stripe.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

SunSetter's team did a good job putting up my awning. It took them a couple of hours and it looks nice and straight. At first, I had problems because I didn't know how to use the remote. Their rep told me to hit the reset button at the very bottom then arrow up to make it go out, down and go in. That worked for me. I tried it again though after the lady talked to me and I couldn't get the awning to go out again. I'm wondering if I have to be in a certain position because their commercial says that I can open and shut my awning while I'm in my house. However, I can't get that to work.

SunSetter Awnings Company Information