4.39/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

SunSetter Awnings Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: July 4, 2019

We have windows on the west side, and it gets really hot out on our deck. We wanted to have some cover so we could go out there and enjoy the view but not be roasted. My husband purchased SunSetter and apparently, he called our local dealer and was going to order it from them. Unbeknownst to him, the phone call was transferred to the factory. He ordered it from them, and we wanted it installed. But when he went to call the dealer to get it installed, they told him since he wasn’t a customer of theirs, they wouldn’t install it. So, it’s sitting in our driveway the same as it came a month ago. He tried to call back the factory and nobody was interested in hearing about it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I was happy with our SunSetter that we had for years. However, it wasn't automatic and we didn't get it in during a windstorm here so it got twisted and was torn up. We decided to replace it and went for an automatic this time. The rep was very helpful, and though it took them a little while to get everything, electricity stuff, the awning worked fine. It was put up in no time. I got it on my deck. And we use our deck a lot with it, more than we would without it. I also have flowers that I store, and the awning keeps it a lot cooler inside there. It really helps. I’m perfectly happy with my SunSetter and I recommend it.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We've been in our house for one year and last summer was just too hot to sit outside without an awning. We had friends that have a SunSetter awning. The SunSetter team was helpful, very friendly, and thorough with us. We bought a tan colored awning, very neutral to match our house and to pass neighborhood HOA. And it’s close to being the largest. It retracts and we got the option with the lights underneath.

The installer was very helpful and took the spot out our back. He gave me a couple of options and we picked the spot that worked the best. The installation took very little time. He was very thorough and showed us how to use the remote. We need the awning whether or not we’re sitting outside. We use it as much as possible because even if we don't sit outside, we have a lot of windows across our back and it keeps our inside cooler by blocking the sun. It was a really good purchase we made. We would highly recommend it.

Original review: July 3, 2019

My husband just recently became disabled. They put an addition on our home and a little deck outback outside the addition. It didn't have any coverage. I wanted him to be able go outside and enjoy being out there without getting sunburned. I felt like SunSetter was probably the best way to go or something that at least has some kind of name to it so I went with them. The company who came out went over everything with us and gave us options on different colors and different little fancy things. We ended up getting the LED lights added on to it so we can be out there in the evening. They were really nice. After we talked to them, it was not even two weeks that they came out and installed it, and it was done that same day. They only actually took a few hours and they cleaned up everything. It was like they were never even there so that was kinda nice.

My neighbors saw that I had it, and they were like, "These are really nice. Where did you get it? How much was it? We wanna get one." I told them I definitely would recommend getting them because it's nice. During the days where you want sun, you can kinda retract it a little bit. And during the days where you want to just sit in the shade, you can do that too. I like having that option whereas if you have just a normal awning there, it's just kinda fixed that way and there's no other option.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Friends of ours had SunSetter installed and were very happy, which made us go with SunSetter. Everyone, from the salesperson to the installer, was very professional. I was impressed that they returned my calls when I called, which is not something that happens all the time. They also kept to their word of when they were coming. I had one outstanding item that has to do with the cover for the awning and they've assured me that I'll get it. It was very comfortable and no major concerns at all. The awning has met our expectations by far and I would recommend SunSetter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: July 1, 2019

The sun kept getting hotter and hotter on our back. Also, we have a huge patio and we like to entertain, and people kept staying in our house instead of out in the patio. So, we decided to get an awning and we purchased the Pro 17 x 11 Platinum Awning from SunSetter. We looked at three others but we didn’t like their look, style or price. SunSetter's team was wonderful, too. We called their 1-800 number and they told us that there was a local contractor in our area. So, we contacted them. The rep who came out showed us two different sets of fabric then they came up with a newer set. We ended up picking the darker one which is almost brown and I love it. That one’s supposed to be the longer lasting one and the more sun-resistant. It was different than the original and we got the features for the shade added as well as the wind.

We had one issue when they put in the electrical box part and that gave out a couple of months after it was installed. But when we contacted them, the tech was back by the next day. He replaced it right away, so we have no issue with them. So far, the awning is working because people are staying out on the patio now. It’s a excellent investment.

If you’re suffering in the sun in your back or the sun sets in your back, it is a necessity. If you like to enjoy your backyard like I do and you don’t really wanna be closed in to a screen den, you should get it. I also debated on getting a screen den but we’re on water and I like the view. So, I didn’t wanna be closed in. My brother-in-law will be here tomorrow and he’s been complaining about his back. So, I’ll be bragging tomorrow about our SunSetter awning and tell him that it's what he needs to get. I would recommend all of our awning's features as well. I love the LED lights and my husband was really impressed with them. I love the wind sensor, too.

Original review: July 1, 2019

A friend of mine had a SunSetter awning at their house and I looked at how it was set up. I purchased an awning with navy blue stripes against a cream background and it was installed pretty quickly.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I just moved into a new home and needed some cover on my back porch. Another person in the community recommended SunSetter Awnings. Their team was very polite and thorough. Also, the installers did a fine job, were respectful and courteous. It was a good experience.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I got a SunSetter pamphlet and that sealed the deal. They had a very good selection and I'm very happy with my selection. I got a motorized awning. Their people were excellent and I liked their speed. They said it was gonna be a month but and it ended up being about four or five days, so I wasn't quite ready for the awning yet. But the installers were very professional and got the work done quickly. The awning has been everything I expected it to be.

SunSetter Awnings response

We are very pleased to hear about your great experience with your SunSetter Awning and your local independent SunSetter dealer. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need assistance with your SunSetter. We hope you enjoy your awning for years to come!

Original review: June 30, 2019

We saw an awning at our friend's house and we went with the company that they used which was SunSetter. The salesperson was good. We had a little issue at the installation where they blew a fuse on the outlet in the garage. We didn't realize there was even an outlet there so then we were having trouble. We couldn't close the garage door. We were trying to figure out down in the circuit box. We couldn't see it, so we didn't know what happened. When we called and asked them about it, they didn't tell us. That was very frustrating, but it's minor.

We are pretty happy with our SunSetter awning. It has a nice quality. But wind will interfere with using it sometimes. When we are sitting on the deck and it's sunny because our deck faces south, we just put it out. We live on top of a hill and it's often very windy. The awning can't stay on the wind so it retracts in the wind. Sometimes, you can't use it, and our dog is afraid of it because it slaps the wind.

Original review: June 29, 2019

SunSetter's rep was very well-informed and I was so happy with the options I was given. I got the model with a remote. The installation was very good. I was impressed with how fast the installer did it and how good he was. Plus, he was very meticulous with things. So far, everybody likes the awning, especially us.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I purchased the 12 feet laminated awning and we got the remote with the wind sensor. We have just a small home but we get the morning sun, and it comes in through our sliding patio doors. One of the first things I do when I get up in the morning is put that out because that makes such a difference in being able to use the back of the house. On their end, the SunSetter reps were professional and they knew the product. However, their flyer is very deceiving. It says you get this and that free, “Please call your local representative.” It makes you think that if you go through your local representative, whose name is right on the envelope, that those free things are going to come. Also, we could’ve ordered it direct, but then it was dropped at our door, I had to take it off the truck and then I had to find somebody that was going to be able to move it and put it up.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I like our SunSetter awning very much. We have it in front of our garage where we sit quite a bit. It keeps the sun off of me, and when we have a garage sale, I put stuff out underneath it. It’s a motorized one and they did a good job installing it. I just don’t like the side curtains that I bought and would like to sell it back to them. Other than that, I recommend it.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been wanting to have an awning in the back and SunSetter was the best thing. I got a two-color awning - beige and burgundy. The installer did well. The only problem I have now is when it rains, it doesn't wanna work. It's like there's no power going through. I have to wait for the sun to dry it for it to start working. I thought it was broken. Other than that, the awning is good so far.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I had a very small patio out in my backyard. And the aluminum awning needed to be replaced, and I wasn't so sure what I was going to do. And my son has a SunSetter and he just loves it. So, I thought I'd try it. I just needed a little bit of shade out in the back, and I just picked a plain color. I just wanted a basic covering. And I wanted the windimizer. My son said that would be a really good added feature in case I wasn't home and a wind picked up.

The installation was excellent and everything was fine. The only problem I had was on my end of the thing. My son said that he could put in an electric outlet out there for me for it because I didn't have an electric outlet outside, and he wasn't able to do it. So, at present, it's hooked up to an outlet I have inside of my garage which is fine for now. Everything was fine with my experience with SunSetter. I didn't have any problems at all and I'm very satisfied. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

SunSetter was very professional and did a very good job. The guy that sold us the awning was very helpful. I bought a motorized awning and it was a little on the expensive side. The installation was fine though and their guy explained everything. I asked him some questions and got all my questions answered so I knew what was going on. I like that the awning keeps me out of the sun. It is a very nice awning and it has lived up to what I’ve seen on TV for years.

Original review: June 26, 2019

SunSetter has been in business for a long time, and I've known them for a long time too. I also know people who have owned SunSetter awnings for a long time. It's a good product. I worked with a contractor in getting mine and the experience was fine. We sat down at the kitchen table and the guy went through a notebook with me and showed me different options. I got the first one, and then a year later, I got the second in matching color. My awnings have a sensor and would retract by themselves if it's too windy. However, they're not quite the same. They're not calibrated the same way as one is much more sensitive than the other. I'm wondering if it's a preset at the factory that you can't touch or is there a way to adjust it. Other than that, I would recommend SunSetter.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I bought a house and the back porch faces the sun when it sets. The sun sets in the west of my house and it was so hot. So, I thought, I’ll see if the SunSetter works. I saw their ad on TV and I signed up on the internet and they called me. Their team was great. The guy that sold it to me also installed it. And he was just super nice and he explained everything to me. He showed me the remote. He also made sure I knew what to do if the awning got wet. I use the awning so that I can sit out on my porch at night, in the afternoon, and my flowers don’t get burned up. I’ve had a great experience with it. It’s beautiful and it makes my house look pretty. And a neighbor liked it so much. He came over and I showed him how it works and he also bought two, one for his front yard, one for his back.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We have had several motorhomes that had awnings on them so we were aware of SunSetter Awnings and how much we liked them. We live in Nevada. Our patio faces west and we get the afternoon sun. We love our SunSetter now. It's excellent. We were kind of limited by our HOA so we ended up with the beige one. The lady we bought it from was great. The installers were very friendly and were happy to explain what they were doing. They did a good job.

Original review: June 25, 2019

In the afternoons, we get really hot sun coming into our house. We wanted an awning to help shield the sun out. We got one from SunSetter and everything’s been fine with it thus far. Sometimes though, it’s difficult to get the awning to go out and stay out. It’ll go out part of the way, turn around and come back. Other times, it'll go out all the way, then turn around and go back. Sometimes it might take 30 minutes or so for the awning to go out and stay.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Everything’s been great with my experience with SunSetter. I’ve seen it on television, and then, we happened to run into them at the home and garden show. Their team was really good and everything was fine. At one point, they had done something wrong with the awning and it ripped, but they were able to get us a new awning within just a couple of days. They stayed in contact with us and they came back. So, everything turned out really well. They were also very professional and very quick. And they answered all our questions too. I had a very good experience. We use the awning quite a bit. It covers pretty much our whole deck and we sit out there by the pool. And we also grill underneath it.

Original review: June 24, 2019

We've had a SunSetter awning for 21 years and had good luck with it. So when we decided it was time for another one, we figured to stay with SunSetter. Everything was great with the sales. The reps came out and explained everything. I also had somebody else from a different company come out and explained it all, but we just decided to stay with SunSetter. Everything was great with the installation, too. We went with an electronic awning which was a little bigger than the old one. We’re happy with it and so far, so good.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I needed to purchase an awning for my patio and went for SunSetter because of their advertisement. I had a few problems with the dealer for a while, but we got them straightened out. The original offer was for three or four projects, and I elected not to take any of them. And then, afterwards, we decided with the patio lights, then I had all kinds of trouble with the dealer and with SunSetter. Finally, they sent me a set, but it was quite a problem. Installation then went alright, which didn't take them an hour. I'm still in shock. $600 in doing an hour's work - I guess that's business today. Other than that, everything has been fine since the installation.

Original review: June 24, 2019

It was too hot outside and I decided it was time to purchase an awning. I went with SunSetter Awnings because of their reputation and also for the convenience. They installed the awning in one day but came back the second day to make sure it opened properly. It was too windy the first day and they didn’t wanna risk opening it into the wind. But it was all good. It didn’t take them very long at all. It was a very smooth experience.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I just picked SunSetter and we got the motorized awning. We put it on the back porch because it made it cooler. The last time they were here when they were putting the awning up, I got some coupons for free lights the day before. I called them and asked how come I didn't get any free lights. The rep said that I couldn’t use those coupons because I already bought the awnings and I paid cash for it. I don't see why I could’t use those coupons. Nevertheless, the sales rep was a good guy and I’ve told people about SunSetter.

Original review: June 23, 2019

We wanted an awning for aesthetic. I was aware of the SunSetter name and I contacted the local dealer. I thought it was a prompt service. We were looking for the standard color then I added a motor and SunSetter helped me out a bit with it. The installers were on time and pretty thorough. They took roughly two hours to finish. Having the awning allows us to use our outdoor space more throughout the entire day. I would recommend SunSetter.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Due to SunSetter's advertising, I decided to go with them and I had an excellent experience with their service. Their team was outstanding and I was impressed with their efficiency. I got both motorized and manual awnings in sand color, and I like that they're easy to use.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We got an awning from SunSetter to cover our porch and windows at the same time. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me. They were great and there was no high pressure. The installer did a really good job. Plus, he went a little further than he had to. Our awning is motorized with lights. I'm happy with its operation. It goes out and comes in just fine. Plus, it keeps the house a lot cooler. I got the awning on sale but I would be happier if I could have gotten it a $100 cheaper.

Original review: June 22, 2019

SunSetter's price was good and I was happy with their warranty. I decided to get a 15-foot, motorized awning from them and their team was very smart. However, there was an offer on Costco and it was way cheaper than the retailer's. It become more expensive for me, but I went with the retailer because I like to buy local. It's bad for local business that SunSetter works with Costco. Despite this issue, Installation thereafter was very easy and I had a very nice experience with SunSetter.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I’m enjoying my experience with SunSetter Awnings. My brother who is disabled had one and I installed it for him. The rep I dealt with was a very nice guy. Plus, the price was better than another price I had. The awning works well and looks really good. But I haven't received a winter cover yet, but I was told they're all on back order. We have a concrete pad that we sit on outside. We had an umbrella there before. We needed to put it up, take it out, put it in a table, and raise it. And it only covers a certain distance. In comparison, the awning covers three-quarters of the space. I also added a screen shield in front that drops three feet. I’d recommend SunSetter Awnings.

SunSetter Awnings Company Information