4.45/5

Malden, MA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

SunSetter Awnings offer both manual and motorized awnings that provide shade and protection, transforming your patio or deck. Our awnings provide cool shade that can help in those hot and humid months and helps keep the inside of your home cooler by blocking the sun's rays from coming in your windows and doors.

We want to provide you with the highest quality awnings at the absolute best prices. We provide a free in-home consultation and are committed to a long-term relationship with our customers.

SunSetter Awnings Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1798 SunSetter Awnings Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: June 8, 2019

I got a blue and white remote controlled awning from SunSetter. The installation went very well. Their installers were very nice people. They cleaned everything up and didn't leave a mess. I've been happy with the product and I highly recommend it.

Original review: June 8, 2019

We love our awning. It’s definitely a quality product and we like everything about it, especially the shade it provides. We installed it ourselves and if you know what you’re doing, it’s very easy. The nice rep also came by and checked to make sure it was properly installed, and we did a good job. However, SunSetter has an aluminum cover that seals a fabric itself across there, and they sell that separately. I wish my awning came with it. I paid a good price for the product, and the cover is quite expensive to buy separately. People should at least get it at a discount if they do it separately. It would be nice to be able to protect my investment. Still, the company’s good.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered a cover for my Sunsetter Awning in August 2018. I have called several times and received a different excuse for the delay in shipping. Now 10 months later they are saying it has been recalled and will not ship until the fall of 2019–maybe! What is going on? Why can’t someone just be honest with me? I am receiving brochures in the mail all the time selling new ones. I am very disappointed with how I have been treated. I don’t recommend anyone dealing with this company.

SunSetter Awnings response

We apologize for the delay in sending you your awning cover. At SunSetter, we take great pride in our product quality, our service, and especially in the satisfaction of our customers. We started the redesign of our cover in September of 2018, and the process has taken considerably longer than we expected. We are currently advising new customers that there is a delay in shipment for new covers.

We remain committed to sending you every SunSetter product you ordered and will contact you as soon as we are able to ship the upgraded cover to you. We hope that you have otherwise enjoyed your awning.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We got an automatic, navy blue awning with white stripes from SunSetter. Their rep did the job rapidly and we had good rapport with him. He was very efficient. Thus far, we've been using the awning to take care of some of the sun and to keep out inclement weather. Though we had a problem when it caught on the eave when it got so windy, it's working now. Overall, the installation was done well.

Original review: June 7, 2019

The SunSetter awning is wonderful. I burn very easily and having an awning was a nice convenience. I also had a very nice experience with their team. One man came to install it and it went very fine. I just put it down and then my son and I are gonna sit out under it. I have a two-seater swing and I just sit out there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: June 7, 2019

We have the automatic awning where you just press the button for opening and closing and I’m satisfied, but SunSetter advertised on TV that it’s so much cheaper, and I paid way the hell more to have it installed. Still, we’re both in our 90s now and we live on a lake and live upstairs, so if we’re gonna eat out there, it’s a blessing to have the awning to get some cover. I’d recommend it.

Original review: June 6, 2019

This is the first full summer that I’ll be using my SunSetter awning and so far, so good. I was able to get the measurements that I needed and an awning cover on it. Also, the quality is excellent for its cost. The SunSetter reps I dealt with were very good, prompt, and competent, and the people who installed it did a great job.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We live out to the lake and we get a lot of sun in the front of our building. We have a couple of sliding glass doors and we wanted them covered up and a place to get away from the sun. My friend had a SunSetter done a year before and the following year, we had ours put on late in the summer. We told SunSetter the color we wanted and that’s what they installed. They were good and they didn't take them any time to install it. Our awning is motorized and it has the wind sensor on it too. I want it to be protected if I wasn’t here, so I had them put it on. Now, we use our outdoor space more.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We built a deck onto our back porch and we wanted something where we could sit out there and the sun wouldn't be beaming down on us. I went with SunSetter Awnings and their team was so nice. The people who came and put it up for us were really nice too. They told us to watch the wind and since then, we haven't been letting it all the way out when the wind is blowing because it could break. Still, they're an A plus.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have a very exposed front concrete porch that was very hot and I wanted it covered, so I could sit in the shade in the evening. I Googled and SunSetter seemed like the best deal for the price and what it was to do. I’m a retired journeyman carpenter, so I figured I could handle the installation and I did the first one myself. Also, I’ve had several reps and my experience has been positive. The woman who helped me with my last purchase was great. She called me back and got me a deal. It was amazing. I got an electric motor extension. When I decided on the color scheme, I was looking at the tablet and it was hard to tell. There’s also no way to send a sample swatch without sending an eight-foot wide strip. Eventually, the awning I chose is a gradation of colors. My house has a black roof, and it made sense that it would be grays and blacks.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I had a gazebo to stay in the shade, and the weather took it out. I couldn't stand the heat so I got an awning. The SunSetter team did what they were supposed to do and did a good job. They got in and out, and let us in the shade. You would never know that they were here.

Original review: June 4, 2019

A friend recommended SunSetter. I got an awning from them and everything went wonderfully with the sales rep and the installation team. This is the first summer that I've had my awning and the quality is fine. I don’t have a problem with it.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We were looking for an awning for the front of our home and we were receiving little things in the mail from SunSetter. So I called them, and it was kind of strange because they would talk to you directly but you couldn't get any detail from them because the work is done by local contractor. So they contract with certain group to come and install and sell them to you. So it was a little bit hard because we had to hook up with the local person here.

There was a couple of things that made us want to buy SunSetter. One of them was a coupon for $250, and a free awning cover. It was really funny to me because the local company that we had to buy it by didn't want us to use that coupon. They didn't wanna discount it very much at all. They did finally do a little discount which was a weird a little thing they did to changing the tax thing, that we didn't really understand. We talked about the $200 coupon, and it was only at that point that they were willing to give us any kind of discounts. They also said that the coupon covers junk that SunSetter gives us. They literally told us it was junk, that no one's gonna use it. It's terrible. It was odd because they were supposed to be representing SunSetter and they didn't wanna deal with any of the offerings that SunSetter was giving. They just wanted to do their own thing.

We chose the 18x10 awning which had the nicer fabric. It’s motorized as well with the remote, so that was nice. The installers were really great with the installation. It was perfect. This acrylic awning is gorgeous and lovely, but underneath it is very, very warm. We chose it because it was going to be less fadable by the sun and their rep told us this was a much better choice. But I'm starting to wonder if maybe it would have been a better choice to do something that has a little more air throughout the fabric. It's pretty warm staying under there. So it makes a good shade, but we’re getting more heat. And that's something that people really should be told about if they choose this heavier acrylic fabric. In general, we're very satisfied with SunSetter.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I needed a cover for the patio and decided to go with something that I knew of already. The SunSetter salespeople were very pleasant and they explained everything fully. Also, the installers were very professional. They got in, got the job done and everything was done properly. The awning I got is the mechanized version and the only negative I've run into is it retracts almost every time the wind blows. Otherwise, we got the one we wanted and it's working fine.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We had had the SunSetter awning for five years and the winds destroyed it one night so we had it replaced. Ordering the new one was fine. They're the ones that had installed it the first time and so I called the guy, I had his name and telephone number, and he took care of installing it and replacing it. The awning that we purchased was a large one. It covers at least somewhere close to 20 feet. I decided to go with navy and white and stripes color. It's automated as well. They did a great job with the installation. We're very satisfied and we had a very good experience with them.

Original review: June 3, 2019

SunSetter Awnings' team was very good. I got one of their top-of-the-line motorized awnings. It's brown and tan and goes out 10 feet. While my installation experience was good, their installers had to come back as there were some parts that were broken. Still, they were fast and they knew what they were doing. They were very helpful and showed us how to operate their awning. On top of that, they were very neat. Though SunSetter's awning is expensive, it's good.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I got an awning for the back deck from Sunsetter and I got the biggest one they made. The product is good.

Original review: June 3, 2019

My back patio faces the sun most of the day and I've been meaning to get an awning for years. I got an awning from SunSetter and their team was very nice. Their installers were great and they cleaned up behind themselves. Since getting the awning, I usually have it out most days when the sun is shining bright. It's very good work and cools things down. I recommend this good product to friends.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I’m enjoying my Sunsetter awning very much, especially right now with the weather being nice. I go out there quite bit, sit and enjoy it. The awning is expensive but it's very good quality. Moreover, the installation guy was a very nice man. He was very helpful and seemed to know what he was doing. I wasn’t even home when they installed it. But It went fine. Everything was good.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I love SunSetter. I saw it advertised on television and that was how I started using it. There's too much sun in my backyard and so I wanted to purchase an awning. My experience with SunSetter was good overall.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I live in Florida, and I bought a townhouse. The patio for the townhouse was put in front of it, which was unusual. I wanted the patio to be part of my living space. SunSetter has the Florida certification for their ability to withstand a hurricane, so I bought two awnings from them. The local company that I worked with in the Fort Lauderdale area was very nice, but SunSetter itself made a lot of problems. Even though they ordered the correct colors, one of the awnings came in the wrong color. I saw the order that they placed, and everything was hunky-dory, so it had nothing to do with the local people. Also, the lights were sent to the wrong address somewhere in New Jersey. So I had two different installations. It took a while to get the correct awnings up and to get the lights installed. Both of my awnings are electric-operated and I keep them open all of the time. The awnings extend my living space, so that I can accommodate 10 more people for a party.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I needed some protection from the heat from the sun on one side of my patio and I thought that SunSetter was a little better quality. The person on the phone was great to work with. There were plenty of choices as far as coloring and I was able to find one that worked for my location. I got an 8-foot retractable awning with the lights. On one side of my patio in the summertime, the sun comes in, so I extend the awning, and that way, that side of the patio can stay shaded and cool. I'd recommend SunSetter. Overall, it was very good.

Original review: June 2, 2019

My SunSetter awning is nice. It has good material and I like it. It's a show-off for the house. It works good too, letting it in and out with the remote. It's good to cover up for a shade on my deck. Plus the Sunsetter people were good with me. I couldn't do any better. The awning is really accommodating for the deck and for me and my family. We all love it.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We liked to have an awning, and we did it through SunSetter. Everybody recommends them. They have a good quality product. I got a motorized awning with a burgundy color, and the installation went well. The gentleman was very nice and had very good service. He did a great job, and so far, so good. Our awning keeps the sun away. It’s a good product. I love my experience, too. SunSetter is doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

Original review: June 1, 2019

SunSetter's team was great. They explained everything to me and I got a black and white awning from them. I have a white house with black shutters and it matches perfectly. It's an electric push-button model which rolls out by itself. The installer showed me how to manipulate everything and it has been very easy to use. I tell people who come to visit about SunSetter.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We live in a condo unit and we have quite a few people that have Sunsetter. We got our Sunsetter awning through Bristol Aluminum and they were perfect. The dealer has been a very good place to do business with, and I highly recommend them.

Original review: June 1, 2019

My son had just bought the house and it's very sunny on the back deck. We decided that we should probably put something out there to make it more comfortable. SunSetter has been around for quite a while. I've read reviews and they all sounded really good. That’s what made my decision to purchase from them. Their reps were awesome and prompt. Then, the installation was wonderful. The installers cleaned up after themselves and they did it fairly quickly. I would tell others to definitely get SunSetter and to listen to the instructions.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 31, 2019

I needed to replace the valance on my SunSetter Oasis and it was a terrible experience dealing with Sales department and Customer Service. So frustrating I’m not sure where to start. Repeatedly calling and repeating same information. It was AWFUL. So I ordered the valances from another company off the internet. That was too easy. They knew the measurements and appropriate matching solid color (solid adds a great look to it). Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom. Less expensive and hassle free. Go with PYC.

SunSetter Awnings response

Dear Angela,

We apologize for the inconvenience. At the current time, we do not see any SunSetter registered to your address. We cannot ship replacement parts for non-SunSetter awnings. We are glad that you have managed to find a suitable replacement for your awning.

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have a patio door to a deck off of my dining room that faces east. I get the bad sun from about 8:30 'till about 2:30 that beats in my window. It gets hot out there and I can't really use the deck for about six hours a day. I belong to an association and there are four townhomes where I am. One guy who lives here has some lung decease when it's hot so we all decided to get motorized awnings. One of the other owners said that SunSetter would be a good company to get an awning from so we went with them. When we were talking about the awnings at our meetings, the price was about $1,000 more than what I thought we were gonna have to pay for each of us. None of us felt we got a sale deal for the full price.

Their sales team really knew what they were doing and were quite aggressive about wanting to sell. Even so, Their installers only took a short time to install though and since having my awning, I've been enjoying it. It's starting to get windy and I'm wondering if maybe I need to bring it back in a little bit. Still, I have a feature with which if it gets too windy, my awning will automatically retract. I really appreciate my SunSetter.

Original review: May 31, 2019

After 12:00, it used to be hot at my patio door. I needed an awning so I called SunSetter. Their team was very courteous. I gave their installer so much money and he told me that he'd be able to go and install the awning in a week. They installed it just like he said and I've used it often since it has been in. I've had a friend run up on there and say that I've found myself another toy. I've given SunSetter's number to about five people thus far.

SunSetter Awnings Company Information