Malden, MA

4.7/5 (454 ratings)

About SunSetter Awnings

SunSetter Awnings is the largest American manufacturer of retractable patio, window and deck awnings. The company produces four different awning types, including motorized and manual hand-cranked models. Most of the awnings attach directly to a structure, but the company does have one freestanding model. The motorized models open and close using a remote control, and the manual model uses a hand crank.

Pros

• Wide fabric color selection
  • Buy direct or work with a local dealer
  • Option for DIY installation
  • 5 to 10-year limited warranties

Cons

• Limited freestanding model options
  • Installation not included

Bottom Line

SunSetter Awnings offers many options to meet the needs of any customer or budget. Options include 28 fabric choices, sizes from 8 feet to 20 feet wide and manual or remote retraction.

SunSetter Awnings Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunSetter Awnings?

Original review: May 2, 2022

The sales rep did everything he was supposed to do. He took his time and looked to see what I wanted. The installation was great. The guy showed me everything and how to operate it.

Original review: May 2, 2022

It went great with SunSetter. The rep was on time and everything he told me was honest stuff. The delivery time and installing were fine. It has been windy this year, and the awning works.

Original review: May 1, 2022

The awning we put in is good and we're satisfied with it.

Original review: May 1, 2022

The young lady that was in here explained everything and showed us everything about the awning. The installation went super. I like the way the awning goes out and comes back in. It's very smooth. We like the color of the fabric too. We're glad we selected it. So far, the product has been very good. We've very much enjoyed it.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I was talking with the supplier that was recommended to me by my friend and he convinced me that SunSetter was the best product out there. Because of the number of sales that they had, they were able to offer a lot of quality things and still stay competitively priced. I got the freestanding motorized awning and it has good quality fabric on it. The sunblock valance drops down in the front. The installation was painless. The crew was excellent. Three guys came out and they knew what they were doing. I've already recommended SunSetter to several friends.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I've had a SunSetter on the home and it was time to replace it. It was very easy working with them. They were in and out within a couple of hours. I’ve used the awning twice and I'm very happy with it. I like the ease of the sunscreen being attached to the new one and the fact that I can have a larger awning with the power. My last one was not powered.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I had another Sunsetter which lasted for 10 years. I had the one that had the steel legs that came down and bolted into the deck. That was why it flew up on the roof because of the high winds here. When the saleswoman came to my house, she said that they no longer make it with the steel legs. This time, I bought the motorized awning instead so I didn't have to pay people twice a year to come, take it up and roll it up for winter then bring it down in summertime. The two gentlemen that came to put the SunSetter up did an absolute beautiful job. They were here for five hours, so it took a long time but they were very patient.

Original review: April 29, 2022

We have another awning at our school which has lasted a very long time and it's holding up quite well. I decided it would be nice to have another one. We're using it to cover an outdoor space to turn it into an outdoor classroom. We didn't want something short term but something that would last well over a long period of time. I love the SunSetter awning. It works perfectly. We're hoping for a good long life out of the awning.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Since I already had a SunSetter on the backside of my house, the conversation with the rep was quick. He was great. There were three gentlemen that showed up for the installation. One was the SunSetter person. Within an hour, it was installed and cleaned up and I had no qualms at all. It was done very well. Plus, I knew that they would come back and repair anything that would go wrong because they did some adjustments to the SunSetter on the other side of the house while they were here.

Original review: April 28, 2022

We got the motorized awning with the wind setter and everything's with it. There was some smudging on the awning on the front part end but that was replaced. One of the arms had to be replaced too. The awning is not an inexpensive thing but it's still worth it.

Original review: April 27, 2022

We had a SunSetter at our old house and wanted another one when we moved into a new house. The rep answered our questions okay. Our awning got lights on it and a screen. We're gonna cook and eat outside and enjoy the awning.

Original review: April 27, 2022

The rep was very polite and the installation was quick. My awning comes in when it's too windy. It's good.

Original review: April 26, 2022

The sales rep was very professional. He went over everything and I was able to touch, feel, and look at the product. We talked about how long it was going to be taking and the choices were clear. That kind of guided me to make the best decision. There were two people who came in for the installation and they were very professional too. They did what they needed to do and didn't leave anything behind. They did a great job. I recommended someone to SunSetter.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I'm fine with the installation. The guy was the nicest, sweetest kid. He was very helpful and did a great job.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Our experience with SunSetter was awesome and super-fast. Matt was very personal. He came out to the house, went over everything with us, showed us all the options from one end to the other and made his suggestions. He did a great job of explaining everything to us. We've opened the awning three times to admire and say how much we're gonna love it this summer.

Original review: April 25, 2022

When the guys put up the awning, they were good and knew exactly what they were doing. I got the motorized one and it also has the lights in the shade. The only problem that I have with it is that you have to be aware of the wind. The experience with the SunSetter awning has been perfect. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The representatives were friendly and had good sense of humor. They have to come back however. The townhome was built with electric to the overhang and we didn't know it was a switch. The chords are hanging down. They're going to come by on Friday to put those in. But the awning is beautiful. We love it. Several of the neighbors are thinking about doing the same thing. There are 20 homes in here and we're the first to put up a SunSetter. When the SunSetter truck was out there, it made the rounds rather quickly.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The SunSetter rep explained my options and I chose which one I wanted. It wasn't the one with the expensive material but the next one. The installers did a quick and satisfactory installation.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The experience with SunSetter was as smooth as it could be. On a couple of days that were nice enough to open the awning up, it worked well. I've been satisfied with it. It's not cheap but if you want what I consider the best type of awning situation and you have the money to pay for it, go for it.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The awning is expensive but I got the top of the line. I'm happy with SunSetter. Chris, the gentleman who sold the awning, was very nice and I had no issues with him. He delivered on time whatever he told me. The installation went fine but there was a little issue with the lights. It keeps falling off. Somehow, somebody has to come and secure them.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We appreciated the SunSetter rep, John. He sat with us, talked about the differences in the materials, the differences in what other products would look like and/or the construction of them. He seemed to know his stuff when we asked questions. He didn't try to force all the extras on us. He thoroughly explained the differences to us in case we wanted lights on it or a wind sensor or extra warranties. We ordered the wind sensor and when it was shipped to us, it was damaged. John had to have that one replaced. But the awning's great. We had a big baby shower for our niece on Saturday and we had over 30 people in our house. I gave his name and telephone number to at least three different people who asked where we got that awning 'cause everybody loved it.

Original review: April 22, 2022

There's no shade in our house so the awning gets used almost daily. I love the quality. The best awning that we got was the XL that has the shade that goes down in the front. I’d recommend SunSetter.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I had called SunSetter to see if I could get a quote. They said that they don't do that, but they could recommend someone. They recommended someone and they were very good. The awning was more expensive than I thought it was gonna be but the installation was perfect. Unfortunately, the weather's been terrible. We haven't been able to open the awning that much but so far, so good. It's a quality product and worth the money.

Original review: April 21, 2022

The only thing that I'm disturbed with is now they send me a whole bunch of envelopes and they're giving free everything away -- five different items free if a customer buys the model that I bought. It's crazy. I paid over 4,000 bucks and now they’re giving everything for free. But their contractor that I dealt with was super cool. The purchase and the installation worked out good.

Original review: April 20, 2022

The installation went excellent. They didn't rush the install, checked it all out and put up the awning. It was off just a hair, and the guy turned around and fixed it so that it was completely level. He went over all the instructions with us and was very conscientious on what he did. It was very good. He didn't have the playdough to put in a hole, and he came back the other day, no problem. We didn't have to call him. He put the playdough in, and he told us when he left here, "I'm sorry, I didn't have it with me."

I like our SunSetter awning a lot better than the first one we had, because we used to have to get on a ladder, put those loops around and secure it. It was an open frame, and we had birds nesting in there. They would get in between the frame and the awning part, and when we go to roll it down, along would come the bird's nest. With the SunSetter awning, the guy said it would be quite difficult for the birds to nest underneath the awning the way that it is constructed.

I'd highly recommend SunSetter. We even had a couple of our neighbors call us and said, "Oh, what are you getting?" We said, "Well, we're getting a new awning." We have given the name SunSetter to three people on our street already, and we have one neighbor that seems quite interested in it. He is looking to put an awning in front of his house, and we told him we would give him the brochure and he could look at it.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I'm very happy with SunSetter Awnings. The awning's quality is good and the design is great.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The SunSetter rep who came by was very good in explaining what was available and my options. She was very helpful. Also, the installation was very smooth and they demonstrated it to me. SunSetter did everything right.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Everything was amazing and the awning was very quickly and efficiently put up. Also, it's cool that the awning has this little sensor and if it gets windy, it automatically goes in itself.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The rep from SunSetter explained everything and then, he came and put in the awning. He was very thorough about everything. We got the motorized version with the drop shade and it’s great. We can now use the outdoor space. We couldn't sit out there before. It was too sunny.

Original review: April 9, 2022

SunSetter had this special thing where they give a free cover to go over the awning. It didn’t come and we haven't heard anything from them. Other than that, the installation was really smooth. A company from Kelso did it and they brought a crew down. They worked really well. They were clean and they had everything going.

SunSetter Awnings Company Information