Looking for a hot tub company?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.09/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sundance Spas Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Purchased my Sundance Victoria spa about 3 years ago. Very soon after purchase, the vinyl rails that run along the rim of the spa began to fade/discolor/cloud. Additionally the knobs, weir and jets began to discolor to a moldy green from gray. Sundance replaced all, but the replacement parts immediately began to fail just as the originals had. Now, according to Sundance, I'm outside of warranty and out of luck. Not what you'd expect from a high-end spa from an "industry-leading" manufacturer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

We bought our spa in Feb 2017. In Feb 2019 our temp on the display would read 105 degrees but the actual temp was around 112 deg. I tried contacting the business we bought it from only to find out they were no longer in business. Contacted another local dealer and they said they would send someone over to look at it. Have not heard from anyone after initial contact and months of leaving messages. Contacted Sundance Corporate and all I have heard after the initial contact is a satisfaction survey that would not open. Needless to say I would not recommend this spa company to anyone!

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I bought my hot tub at the Hermantown hot tub store. They said, "Yes it has Wi-Fi." The delivery guy said, "Yes it has Wi-Fi." We hooked the tub up look for Wi-Fi. Now it doesn't have Wi-Fi and they want $800 to install Wi-Fi. WTF.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have owned this Spa for less than 30 days at a cost of $11,000.00 plus installation. The Spa stopped working which was diagnosed as a failed Master Board. Sundance has arbitrarily determined it was a weather event and therefore an act of God not covered under warranty. I am out an additional $850.00 to repair. Stay away from this Company as they have no idea how to treat a customer. The warranty is worthless.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased my initial Sundance Claremont spa in 2017 for medicinal purpose. I purchased a refurbished hot tub unknowingly. That was the first issue. After a few months the hot tub leaked and after many trips to repair the leaks the dealership replaced the hot tub with a Kingston model. I have had the second hot tub to start leaking only after several months. Again, there was a promise to replace the unpaired leaks. I have been dealing with a nonfunctional piece of equipment since November of 2018 only to not get very far with the dealership. After dealing with the dealerships runaround I have decided to request a refund and forget doing business with Outback. So disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sundance Spas?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have owned a Sundance Capri for 18 years, a wonderful hot tub. Never had any problems with the water. The new Peyton 680 was a bad mistake. I have had it for 1 1/2 months and am constantly fighting slimy scum. The filter is way too small and can't keep the tub clean. When circulating only half the tub circulates, and that half only has high speed jets. During the 8 hours a day the system has to run, only half the tub get circulated. After a week the water is so scummy you can't even use it. Do not waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Don’t buy Sundance Hot tubs. I have a tub that is only 3 years old. I paid almost $9,000 for the unit. I was moving the tub and noticed that the lower wood frame had drastic wood rot. The tub was sitting on a brick paved patio and was never sitting in standing water. Being an engineer, I was disappointed to see that the base frame was fabricated from lumber that was not treated like most wood bases exposed to any level of moisture. When I called their customer service, they blamed the moisture associated with Florida. They also informed me that most of the components have a 5 year warranty, but the wood frame is only two years. Based on the level of dry rot, it’s obvious that this rot has been happening for quite some time. Bottom line, they will not stand behind their tub. If you have recently purchased a tub, you may want to remove the side panels and inspect for this same problem.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We purchased a Sundance Optima Spa in 2016 for $10,000 and placed into service in the fall of 2017. We have had significant issues with the spa during the cold winter months, which is of course, when we prefer to use it. In early 2018 the spa cover became warped and heat was constantly leaving the spa to the point we had 2 foot icicles having all around the spa and our electric bill was triple the normal bill because the Sundance Spa heater was constantly running. The dealer, Performance Pool and Spa in Oakdale Minnesota replaced the top, but while we waited for a replacement we had to keep large concrete blocks on the cover to keep the heat from escaping.

Now we are a year later and the air bubbler is stuck on. We were out of town for five days, the air bubbler was running and air got into the cover which caused it to float and the heat escaped leaving icicles hanging from the spa again and the heater constantly running. The only way to shut off the air bubbler was to turn off the fuse and turn the spa back on. The dealer today told me that is a known issue with the Optima spa and they need to do a firmware upgrade to fix the issue of the bubblers system. In the meantime I can't turn off the spa, the heater is constantly running, water is evaporating and it's 9 degrees Fahrenheit. If you live in a cold climate this is not the spa for you. it is clearly made for warm weather climates. Not once did we receive any notice a firmware upgrade requirement by Sundance or the dealer, which is just unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have a Sundance Altamar purchased in Mundelein, IL in fall of 1998. It's on its third cover now, twenty years later and going strong. Because it is outside, it now gets redwood preservative reapplication as part of the annual service, along with being drained and cleaned. In twenty years I've averaged a service call every 4 or so years for things like Flow valve and once for the circulation pump. No other issues of note. I did replace the pillows and jets at 15 years and the spa was basically new again. I'm disappointed at the unfavorable reviews since Jacuzzi acquired Sundance. Sometimes the accountants do more damage than good.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I bought my 2002 Sundance Altamar spa used in 2008. My reason for purchasing it was I needed something for my physical issues and the price of a used spa fit within my budget. I will tell you I was not disappointed with my purchase and the local technicians at Spas Plus in Lincoln, Nebraska were there to repair, advise, supply me if needed for 10 years thus far. Due to the quality of my Sundance spa and the excellent service I received I am buying a brand new Sundance Hamilton spa this week. I tell you that my wife and are super excited and I know the team at Spas Plus will be there in our time of need, if and when it should arise for service, supplies, or just advice.

Sundance Spas expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Founded in 1979 in Costa Mesa, CA, this company now has 750 retail locations in the United States. In addition, the company can be found in more than 60 countries through its International Dealer Network.

• Hydrotherapy spa: Sundance has a spa specifically for therapy. The Hydrotherapy Spa combines heat, buoyancy and jet massage to relieve pain form arthritis and other health conditions.

• Free quote: Use the web form to provide some details, and Sundance will contact consumers with a free quote.

• SunSmart control system: The SunSmart™ WiFi Cloud Control System allows owners to access spa controls from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection.

• Owner resources: The Sundance owner portal gives easy access to owner's manuals, warranty information, troubleshooting guides and parts.

• CLEARARRAY: Sundance's CLEARRAY Water Purification System uses UV-C-based technology and neutralizes 99.9 percent of waterborne pathogens. The system is standard on all Sundance spas.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Sundance Spas Company Information