Sundance Spas

Compare Hot Tubs

Research top Hot Tubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My wife and I suffer from aches and pains to the body. This helps relax us and helps with the pain. The kids even enjoy it. The power of the jets are great. I would recommend one.

Leisure Bay always kept my hot tub at 103 deg - no matter what. Sundance cannot keep at 103 deg. May start off 103 but drops to 101 after 20 min use. Leisure Bay had built in SS bar to assist entry/exit. Sundance has none. Leisure Bay had built in cup holders, Sundance has none big enough. Leisure Bay controls back lit for nighttime use. Sundance controls difficult to use and not back lit for nighttime use. Had my Leisure Bay for 10 years at a cost of $6,500, Sundance replacement $9,600 - nowhere near the quality.

Sundance spas really added a great look to our guest room and a huge added value to the property, both in resale value and appeal for our Airbnb guests. Easy to maintain, super durable materials, and year round usefulness.

Overall it has lasted a long time with only minimal repairs. At about the ten year mark I had to replace a temperature gauge, and have gone through a few lids, but my tub has remained strong and is still in excellent condition.

Great purchase for the quality and appearance of the hot tub. Would buy again. Was durable, easy to maintain and performed very well. The appearance and feel of the hot tub was very stylish and modern. I would buy from this company again in an instant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sundance Spas?

I absolutely love the hot tub. The tub is so amazing, me & my husband love it! I will definitely be recommending this tub to some of my friends. The temperature is also very great. You can change it so it's not too hot for the kiddos. I also love the one of the tub itself, it's amazing. The hubby loves that we can get off from work and come home to a relaxing tub.

Love it so very much. It's amazing. It was easy to have set up. Works perfect quickly and is everything I could wish for in a hot tub. Can't get any better than meeting all of my possible needs. Especially after a hard day it's awesome to just kick back and relax in it and all the tension in my body just disappear.

I went to Sundance Spas in the summer of 2015 and purchased a hot tub for myself as a birthday present since I was born in July. The Sundance staff was very professional and courteous in helping me select the perfect hot tub for my home. I use my hot tub several times per week and am very happy with it. It's great for entertaining guest.

The hot tub was great. And I was very pleased with my purchase. We use it regularly. I would not have chosen any different had I the chance to change.

After a hard day at work or at play coming home and relaxing in the hot tub is relaxing, invigorating and rejuvenating! I cannot imagine life without it!

It's an incredible hot tub. I usually soak in it for at least 20 minutes and I get my money's worth every time. It looks and works fantastic! I've had it for a while now and it's been through some moves and it still works like when I had bought it.

The experience the salesperson was not great but the Hot tub itself we are happy with. The only issue is that we needed a new pump after a few years and we did not use it very often. The pump was over 500.00...

I bought one for medical reasons. I have a bad back and hips. The tub is a fantastic aid to help with pain relief and also helps me to sleep better. I recommend anyone with pain issues to get one.

Not great in appearance, but it works fine and gets the job done. No complaints, but I'm not crazy about it. It was fairly expensive for what it's worth.

This is the best company to buy a hot tub from. The sales people are courteous and know the customer is their top priority. I would highly recommend the experienced staff!

Our hot tub was easy to install and has given us 3 years of great service. It keeps a constant temperature and we have been very pleased with its performance to date.

At my last home, I purchased a Sundance Optima Hot Tub and installed it in the backyard, butted up to the deck. It was a wonderful tub and for the remaining time we lived in that home it gave us absolutely no problems. We live in northern Illinois, so the winters are cold, icy and snowy, but we heated and used the hot tub all year around. It was a truly wonderful experience. When we built another new home in a rural community not far from Rockford, Illinois, we purchased another Sundance Optima hot tub because of the wonderful experience we had with the first one. What a horrible mistake it turned out to be. The first winter we used the tub maybe once a month due to the lack of trees as a windbreak and the extremely cold winters we have here. When we started up again after the first winter, we had no problems.

Very soon, we started having problems with the remote for the pumps, air bubbler and stereo not working. Turn out the remote receiver is part of the stereo, so being under warranty the stereo got replaced. This worked fine for a couple of weeks, then the same problem again. The second replacement stereo was installed. A month or so later, the 3rd replacement stereo was installed. Again the remote wouldn't work, so a new control panel was installed because the stereo was no longer available and would require extensive cabinet modifications to install the newest model. The new control panel did the trick for a couple of months, then the same thing again, no remote function. During this time, 2 of the stereo speakers quit working, but now the radio was out of warranty (2 years) so the speakers were not covered. The control panel was replaced again and everything worked somewhat, but not correctly.

The next visit was a new motherboard. This only temporarily solved the problem and another motherboard was ordered. When it came in, it was installed and everything seemed to be working correctly, except the 2 speakers. I sent an email to the company in California and after much research by them through my dealer (The Great Escape of Rockford, Illinois) they decided that as a goodwill gesture they would send 2 speakers. I received the 2 speakers at the end of the season, so I did not install them until the next spring when I opened the tub for summer use. They worked fine, but now 2 more speakers have quit. I wrote the company again 2 months ago and have received absolutely no response.

Now I would like to tell you about the Digital Light Controller. There are color changing LED lights around the air controls, the waterfall, near the handrails and underwater. All the lights used to work great, but as time went on (during the first year and every year thereafter) one by one they would not work as the proper colors. First to go was the waterfall, then several of the air control lights. On one of the many service calls, the technician showed me where the plug strip for the LED lights was and he unplugged the waterfall LEDs as they were causing a problem with the DLC (digital light controller). I since have unplugged ALL the LEDs except the 2 for the handgrips and the one underwater. Now the DLC seems to work fine. Let's move on to the radio/remote again. This spring when I opened the tub, the remote would not work (again!) and I thought the worst: bad stereo to be replaced at my expense. Luckily this was not the case.

It seems the 12 volt power supply for the radio (it is of a type that is used in Motorcraft and is powered by a 12 volt supply) burned up and/or would not provide any power output. The fuse for the stereo is 10 amps, so I ordered a 12 volt 10 amp power supply and splice the connectors on to it and at present I am using it to supply power to the remote receiver and the stereo.. This seems to be working fine, and it powered up 24/7. I hope it will last as long as I own this tub. My recommendation? Let the buyer beware. I would not purchase another Sundance product (made by Jacuzzi) ever again. The warranty on the tub and electronics is good, but the electronic stereo/remote/power supply is not part of the electronics. (I never knew a stereo wasn't electronic.) I can hardly wait to see what might go wrong next.

It has been a very tiring experience, and my wife is not happy with the problems we've had, and neither am I. Sundance was helpful for a while, but they gave up on my problems. I didn't upload any photos, because all of the information about the tub is available online from Sundance. The tub totally goes out of warranty on 08/23/2015, the 5 year mark. Wish me luck. By the way, the cost in 2010 was $10,939.50.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1979 in Costa Mesa, CA, Sundance Spas now has 750 retail locations in the United States. In addition, Sundance can be found in more than 60 countries through its International Dealer Network.

• Hydrotherapy spa: Sundance has a spa specifically for therapy. The Hydrotherapy Spa combines heat, buoyancy and jet massage to relieve pain form arthritis and other health conditions.
  • Free quote: Use the web form to provide some details, and Sundance will contact consumers with a free quote.
  • SunSmart control system: The SunSmartâ„¢ WiFi Cloud Control System allows owners to access spa controls from anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection.
  • Owner resources: The Sundance owner portal gives easy access to owner's manuals, warranty information, troubleshooting guides and parts.
  • CLEARARRAY: Sundance's CLEARRAY Water Purification System uses UV-C-based technology and neutralizes 99.9 percent of waterborne pathogens. The system is standard on all Sundance spas.
  • Best for Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Compare Hot Tubs