2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

3.8/5 (51 ratings)

About Sundance Spas

Sundance Spas offers a variety of hot tubs in its 680, 780, 880 and 980 series. Customers can select the trim color on the spa itself and choose a coordinating cover. Other factory upgrades include the Bluewave spa stereo system and EcoWrap insulation. Sundance Spas sends trained technicians for installation, and the company can work with you to design your outdoor space.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

Pros

• Customizable trim and shell cover
    • Free test soaks
    • All models include a cover

Cons

• Water circulation issues
    • No pricing online

Bottom Line

Sundance Spas has a comprehensive line of hot tubs with a variety of jet arrangements. Customers can find accurate quotes from their local Sundance Spas showrooms.

Top Sundance Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My reason for purchasing it was I needed something for my physical issues and the price of a used spa fit within my budget. I will tell you I was not disappointed with my purchase...

Verified

In twenty years I've averaged a service call every 4 or so years for things like flow valve and once for the circulation pump. No other issues of note. I did replace the pillows a...

About Sundance Spas

Sundance Spas are popular with people who have back and joint pain because the jets are positioned to reach pressure points. The tubs provide a variety of hydrotherapy combinations, including deep tissue massage jets, muscle release jets, pressure point jets and relaxation jets. All models come with built-in, energy-efficient heaters, and you can choose factory-upgraded EcoWrap insulation on select models to help the tub retain its heat in cold climates.

Sundance Spas hot tubs feature waterfalls, LED lighting and the CLEARRAY UV-C water management system on most models. The company's hot tubs also come with a tool-free access door, exterior indicator light, digital control panel and smartphone app, SmartTub. Intelligent control panels allow you to regulate energy efficiency or lock the spa. Sundance Spas also offers synthetic wood steps to accompany your hot tub.

Sundance Spas prices

Starting costs for entry-level Sundance Spas models range from $4,000 to $7,999. Midlevel spas from Sundance cost from $8,000 to $11,999, and premium models cost between $12,000 and $15,000. Luxury models typically go for $16,000 or higher. Sundance Spas dealers in your area can provide an accurate price estimate for the model and features you want.

Financing is available for as low as $50 per month on certain models for qualified customers. If you have a hot tub you plan to use as a trade-in, Sundance gives you a quote on its value if you fill out a form on the company's website.

Sundance Spas hot tub models

All Sundance Spas models come with a footwell, and most include multiple adjustable jets. Some of the most popular Sundance models include the Optima, Cameo, Chelsee and Altamar.

• Sundance Optima: The Optima has more massage therapy jets for the neck and shoulders than any other model in the 880 series. This model seats up to seven adults and comes standard with Fluidix jets. The Optima comes with several extras, including the MicroClean Ultra Filtration system, lighted grab bars, aromatherapy jets and a variety of seat options.
    • Sundance Cameo: The Sundance Cameo's seating options include the deep-immersion Accu-Ssage seat and the Intelli-Jet seat. An asymmetrical foot dome is tucked into the corner, and the Cameo also comes with an illuminated grab bar and aromatherapy jets. Customers can choose to add optional SunSide cabinetry with corner lighting and an illuminated status indicator.
    • Sundance Chelsee: The Chelsee offers the widest variety of specialized seats in the 780 series. The model seats up to seven adults and includes the SMT seat for neck and shoulder comfort and the Accu-Pressure seat for a deep tissue massage. Its Fluidix jets can be adjusted for high or low impact. The Chelsee also features optional upgrades such as an LED-illuminated control panel and the Sundance SmartTub system.
    • Sundance Altamar: The Altamar offers varied seating for up to six adults and comes standard with a Swedish massage lounge seat. Notable Altamar features include multicolor LED lighting, an AquaTerrace waterfall, illuminated grab bars, air-only aromatherapy jets and optional SunSide cabinetry with corner lighting and an illuminated status indicator.

Sundance Spas' warranty

Each Sundance Spas series comes with a warranty that covers the shell, cabinets, plumbing, equipment, controls, components, parts and accessories. The Sundance Spas warranty also protects against water loss caused by defects in the shell for five to 10 years, depending on the model you purchase.

Sundance Spas FAQ

How long does a Sundance spa last?
    Sundance Spas can last up to 20 years if properly maintained. Sundance Spas come with a warranty that covers five years on parts and labor and 10 years on the shell.
    How long does it take to heat a Sundance spa?
    A Sundance hot tub can take anywhere from four to eight hours to heat, depending on outside temperature and the location of the spa. Sundance Spas offers factory-upgrade EcoWrap insulation to help its hot tubs heat faster and maintain their temperature in colder climates.
    What is Sundance Spas' CLEARRAY water management?
    Sundance Spas’ patented CLEARRAY water management system uses UV-C technology to neutralize 99.9% of waterborne pathogens. You can also order the CLEARRAY PROTECT automatic oxidizer installed from the factory or as an aftermarket kit. The oxidizer works with the filtration system to reduce the time you spend on water care.
    How do you winterize a Sundance hot tub?
    If you are not planning to use your Sundance hot tub during the winter, you should take steps to prevent it from being damaged. Sundance Spas come with a patented quick drain feature that makes emptying the tub simple. Unplug the unit (or disable the electric circuit that powers it), drain the water, flush the water lines, clean the surfaces, remove the filters, clean the cover and position it securely. It’s essential to remove all the water so no ice forms in the hot tub.
    Do Sundance Spas come with a warranty?
    All Sundance Spas come with a warranty that varies by model. In general, parts and labor are covered for five years, and the shell is covered against water loss for 10 years. Plumbing, jets, cabinets, equipment and controls are covered for one to two years, and the SmartTub system, audio components and water purification systems are covered for one year. Register your spa when you buy it to take advantage of these benefits.

Are Sundance Spas worth it?

Sundance Spas offers a wide range of hot tubs for consumers who are looking for a variety of options. Each series features several models with a variety of seating and jet options along with a selection of trim colors. If you’re the type of shopper who likes to try before you buy, Sundance Spas dealers can arrange a free soak test on many models. If you’re looking for energy efficiency with large seating capacity, Sundance Spas’ more spacious models deliver what you need.

Sundance Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sundance Spas?

Original review: July 2, 2021

I purchased an extremely expensive spa with all the optional upgrades from the bluetooth, cover, insulation, shell and an 8-10 person Maxxus tub. This model is fairly new, only 2 years old and also added the 5 year warranty. Upon calling the 1 844 602 6065 phone number for Sundance Spa company nearly a dozen times, I am placed on hold for more than a half hour and one day I left the phone on speaker and nearly over an hour still no representative ever came on the line. There is also a service/contact form that can be filled out online and not surprised that no email was ever replied to. This company has zero customer service and should not be allowed to sell or further manufacture products. This company does not honor its warranty and I am appalled that such website even exists.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I loved our first Optima hot tub a few minor things. Started leaking after 13 years other than that no complaints. So In 2015 we purchased a new Optima with a $11000 price tag. Apparently these tubs are manufactured in Mexico now. The quality is nowhere near the first tub we purchased. The sides are made out of plastic. The stairs are made out of plastic. They keep warping and pulling the screws out of the wood. Repaired under Warranty. The Circuit board had a total meltdown about 3 years old. They made me change the electrical service box. At a cost to me of $700. Two of the pumps were leaking. This was covered under warranty. Now 9 months after the warranty expired two of the pumps quit. $1300 to repair no good will from Sundance to repair.

6 weeks later still waiting on a defective coupling that needs to be replaced. That was Micky Moused under warranty. Now the side panels are starting to warping again less than 6 years old need a second set of panels. This tub has been a LEMON from the start. I will NEVER buy or recommend a Sundance hot tub to anyone. The Quality is subpar and not worth the money they are charging now.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Purchased a Sundance Cameo 6/20 - installed 7/20. Had a diverter valve to waterfall go fail in a couple weeks (maybe 8th-10th time spa was used and 3rd or 4th time the diverter valve was used to turn on the waterfall). Dealer ordered a replacement from Sundance mid 8/20. It is now the last week of 1/21. Dealer still has not been provided with replacement part and is finding it difficult to even get Sundance to respond to orders for replacement.

Dealer has been great in trying to get part and service my spa but is getting zero from Sundance Spas. What good is a warranty if the company will not respond to the dealer - - zero. Contacted Sundance customer service directly and their pleasant customer service representative transferred me (either erroneously or to get rid of me) to their manufacturing facility in Canada where they were no help. Filed a complaint with BBB - they did not respond. Filed a complaint with California State Attorney General's office, finally they found my dealer's phone number and replied to me. Will keep you advised if they actually come through after 6 months.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I purchased a Sundance Spa from Aqua Quip in Seattle 3 years ago. The spa is unusable and service from the dealer is astronomically expensive. The mechanicals of the spa, namely pumps nozzles and shells seem to be well made and reliable. The electronics are completely sub-standard. I too have had the flow control switch failure that randomly stops the heating. The spa lights failed at six months and are inoperative. We now have a watchdog error claiming the spa is too hot to enter and locks out all controls. The water temp is 56 degrees. The dealer wants to charge us travel time and a ridiculous hourly rate to come out and look at it. Avoid Sundance spas and their dealer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Ok spa, not what I expected for the money, though. I wish I had a better idea of what I should have bought instead of this one. So I'll be searching out elsewhere for a new one.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Avoid this company! Over the past 29 years, I've owned 7 spas (the previous ones being left with the house when I moved). The Sundance Optima cost the most (over $13,000) and is the only one I've regretted buying. It is inoperable more often than not. The control panel displays a message stating a flow switch is open so the heater is disabled. Nothing I do fixes it. Every once in a great while, it decides the flow switch isn't open after all and the heater will come back on. If I'm lucky, long enough for the water to heat enough to get in. That's been, maybe, a dozen times in 8 months.

The dealer will not service it. All they suggest is turning it off at the breaker box and letting it reset. That works... for about 30 seconds. I finally got them to come out once. I was at work but when I got home, all they did was replace a 2 month old filter... and left a bill for $131.43. I didn't call for routine maintenance; this thing is still under warranty and DOESN'T WORK! The actual manufacturer is no more helpful. Call their 800# and you only get voicemail, which they ignore as fully as they do email. My next step is to hire a lawyer.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I've wanted a hot tub for a long time now and thought I did my research. Using the internet to see which tub covered my needs I narrowed it down to 2 companies, Sunspa and Hot Springs. I decided to go with sunspa, what a mistake that was! First day I went to use the tub the lights didn't work, not a big deal probably something minor (which it turned out to be a simple fix). Second time using it pump 1 turned off and would not turn back on after about 1 hour use.

I called the dealer and they said it seemed unusual and they would come have a look. While waiting for them to show up I used the tub 7 times and 3 of those times pump 1 would shut off and not turn on. Today the tech called and said that yes the pump is overheating and I cannot run it for more than 60 minutes without letting it cool down. Not the quality I was looking for.

I decided to call customer service to inquire about this. I was greeted by a lady named Sandra who could not have been more unprofessional and lacked basic knowledge of the company but she was sure to let me know she's the supervisor. Needless to say this was less than helpful. In my humble opinion I believe they should have done more to assure me this is normal and had I had known this info before purchase I most definitely would have gone with another company. Maybe this is a one off for sunspa but I urge you to proceed with caution if they are on your shopping list. PS -I live in Calgary, Canada.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Purchased my Sundance Victoria spa about 3 years ago. Very soon after purchase, the vinyl rails that run along the rim of the spa began to fade/discolor/cloud. Additionally the knobs, weir and jets began to discolor to a moldy green from gray. Sundance replaced all, but the replacement parts immediately began to fail just as the originals had. Now, according to Sundance, I'm outside of warranty and out of luck. Not what you'd expect from a high-end spa from an "industry-leading" manufacturer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

We bought our spa in Feb 2017. In Feb 2019 our temp on the display would read 105 degrees but the actual temp was around 112 deg. I tried contacting the business we bought it from only to find out they were no longer in business. Contacted another local dealer and they said they would send someone over to look at it. Have not heard from anyone after initial contact and months of leaving messages. Contacted Sundance Corporate and all I have heard after the initial contact is a satisfaction survey that would not open. Needless to say I would not recommend this spa company to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I bought my hot tub at the Hermantown hot tub store. They said, "Yes it has Wi-Fi." The delivery guy said, "Yes it has Wi-Fi." We hooked the tub up look for Wi-Fi. Now it doesn't have Wi-Fi and they want $800 to install Wi-Fi. WTF.

Take a Hot Tub Quiz