Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.09/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Sundance Spas offers a variety of hot tubs in its 680, 780, 880 and 980 series. Customers can select the trim color on the spa itself and choose a coordinating cover. Other factory upgrades include the Bluewave spa stereo system and EcoWrap insulation. Sundance Spas sends trained technicians for installation, and the company can work with you to design your outdoor space.

BOTTOM LINE

Sundance Spas has a comprehensive line of hot tubs with a variety of jet arrangements. Customers can find accurate quotes from their local Sundance Spas showrooms.

PROS

• Customizable trim and shell cover
  • Free test soaks
  • All models include a cover

CONS

• Water circulation issues
  • No pricing online

Top Sundance Spas Reviews

My reason for purchasing it was I needed something for my physical issues and the price of a used spa fit within my budget. I will tell you I was not disappointed with my purchase and the local technicians at Spas Plus.

In twenty years I've averaged a service call every 4 or so years for things like flow valve and once for the circulation pump. No other issues of note. I did replace the pillows and jets at 15 years and the spa was basically new again.

About Sundance Spas

Sundance Spas are popular with people who have back and joint pain because the jets are positioned to reach pressure points. The tubs provide a variety of hydrotherapy combinations, including deep tissue massage jets, muscle release jets, pressure point jets and relaxation jets. All models come with built-in, energy-efficient heaters, and you can choose factory-upgraded EcoWrap insulation on select models to help the tub retain its heat in cold climates.

Sundance Spas hot tubs feature waterfalls, LED lighting and the CLEARRAY UV-C water management system on most models. The company's hot tubs also come with a tool-free access door, exterior indicator light, digital control panel and smartphone app, SmartTub. Intelligent control panels allow you to regulate energy efficiency or lock the spa. Sundance Spas also offers synthetic wood steps to accompany your hot tub.

Sundance Spas prices

Starting costs for entry-level Sundance Spas models range from $4,000 to $7,999. Midlevel spas from Sundance cost from $8,000 to $11,999, and premium models cost between $12,000 and $15,000. Luxury models typically go for $16,000 or higher. Sundance Spas dealers in your area can provide an accurate price estimate for the model and features you want.

Financing is available for as low as $50 per month on certain models for qualified customers. If you have a hot tub you plan to use as a trade-in, Sundance gives you a quote on its value if you fill out a form on the company's website.

Sundance Spas hot tub models

All Sundance Spas models come with a footwell, and most include multiple adjustable jets. Some of the most popular Sundance models include the Optima, Cameo, Chelsee and Altamar.

• Sundance Optima: The Optima has more massage therapy jets for the neck and shoulders than any other model in the 880 series. This model seats up to seven adults and comes standard with Fluidix jets. The Optima comes with several extras, including the MicroClean Ultra Filtration system, lighted grab bars, aromatherapy jets and a variety of seat options.
    • Sundance Cameo: The Sundance Cameo's seating options include the deep-immersion Accu-Ssage seat and the Intelli-Jet seat. An asymmetrical foot dome is tucked into the corner, and the Cameo also comes with an illuminated grab bar and aromatherapy jets. Customers can choose to add optional SunSide cabinetry with corner lighting and an illuminated status indicator.
    • Sundance Chelsee: The Chelsee offers the widest variety of specialized seats in the 780 series. The model seats up to seven adults and includes the SMT seat for neck and shoulder comfort and the Accu-Pressure seat for a deep tissue massage. Its Fluidix jets can be adjusted for high or low impact. The Chelsee also features optional upgrades such as an LED-illuminated control panel and the Sundance SmartTub system.
    • Sundance Altamar: The Altamar offers varied seating for up to six adults and comes standard with a Swedish massage lounge seat. Notable Altamar features include multicolor LED lighting, an AquaTerrace waterfall, illuminated grab bars, air-only aromatherapy jets and optional SunSide cabinetry with corner lighting and an illuminated status indicator.

Sundance Spas' warranty

Each Sundance Spas series comes with a warranty that covers the shell, cabinets, plumbing, equipment, controls, components, parts and accessories. The Sundance Spas warranty also protects against water loss caused by defects in the shell for five to 10 years, depending on the model you purchase.

Sundance Spas FAQ

How long does a Sundance spa last?
    Sundance Spas can last up to 20 years if properly maintained. Sundance Spas come with a warranty that covers five years on parts and labor and 10 years on the shell.
    How long does it take to heat a Sundance spa?
    A Sundance hot tub can take anywhere from four to eight hours to heat, depending on outside temperature and the location of the spa. Sundance Spas offers factory-upgrade EcoWrap insulation to help its hot tubs heat faster and maintain their temperature in colder climates.
    What is Sundance Spas' CLEARRAY water management?
    Sundance Spas’ patented CLEARRAY water management system uses UV-C technology to neutralize 99.9% of waterborne pathogens. You can also order the CLEARRAY PROTECT automatic oxidizer installed from the factory or as an aftermarket kit. The oxidizer works with the filtration system to reduce the time you spend on water care.
    How do you winterize a Sundance hot tub?
    If you are not planning to use your Sundance hot tub during the winter, you should take steps to prevent it from being damaged. Sundance Spas come with a patented quick drain feature that makes emptying the tub simple. Unplug the unit (or disable the electric circuit that powers it), drain the water, flush the water lines, clean the surfaces, remove the filters, clean the cover and position it securely. It’s essential to remove all the water so no ice forms in the hot tub.
    Do Sundance Spas come with a warranty?
    All Sundance Spas come with a warranty that varies by model. In general, parts and labor are covered for five years, and the shell is covered against water loss for 10 years. Plumbing, jets, cabinets, equipment and controls are covered for one to two years, and the SmartTub system, audio components and water purification systems are covered for one year. Register your spa when you buy it to take advantage of these benefits.

Are Sundance Spas worth it?

Sundance Spas offers a wide range of hot tubs for consumers who are looking for a variety of options. Each series features several models with a variety of seating and jet options along with a selection of trim colors. If you’re the type of shopper who likes to try before you buy, Sundance Spas dealers can arrange a free soak test on many models. If you’re looking for energy efficiency with large seating capacity, Sundance Spas’ more spacious models deliver what you need.

Sundance Spas Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Purchased my Sundance Victoria spa about 3 years ago. Very soon after purchase, the vinyl rails that run along the rim of the spa began to fade/discolor/cloud. Additionally the knobs, weir and jets began to discolor to a moldy green from gray. Sundance replaced all, but the replacement parts immediately began to fail just as the originals had. Now, according to Sundance, I'm outside of warranty and out of luck. Not what you'd expect from a high-end spa from an "industry-leading" manufacturer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

We bought our spa in Feb 2017. In Feb 2019 our temp on the display would read 105 degrees but the actual temp was around 112 deg. I tried contacting the business we bought it from only to find out they were no longer in business. Contacted another local dealer and they said they would send someone over to look at it. Have not heard from anyone after initial contact and months of leaving messages. Contacted Sundance Corporate and all I have heard after the initial contact is a satisfaction survey that would not open. Needless to say I would not recommend this spa company to anyone!

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I bought my hot tub at the Hermantown hot tub store. They said, "Yes it has Wi-Fi." The delivery guy said, "Yes it has Wi-Fi." We hooked the tub up look for Wi-Fi. Now it doesn't have Wi-Fi and they want $800 to install Wi-Fi. WTF.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have owned this Spa for less than 30 days at a cost of $11,000.00 plus installation. The Spa stopped working which was diagnosed as a failed Master Board. Sundance has arbitrarily determined it was a weather event and therefore an act of God not covered under warranty. I am out an additional $850.00 to repair. Stay away from this Company as they have no idea how to treat a customer. The warranty is worthless.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased my initial Sundance Claremont spa in 2017 for medicinal purpose. I purchased a refurbished hot tub unknowingly. That was the first issue. After a few months the hot tub leaked and after many trips to repair the leaks the dealership replaced the hot tub with a Kingston model. I have had the second hot tub to start leaking only after several months. Again, there was a promise to replace the unpaired leaks. I have been dealing with a nonfunctional piece of equipment since November of 2018 only to not get very far with the dealership. After dealing with the dealerships runaround I have decided to request a refund and forget doing business with Outback. So disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sundance Spas?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have owned a Sundance Capri for 18 years, a wonderful hot tub. Never had any problems with the water. The new Peyton 680 was a bad mistake. I have had it for 1 1/2 months and am constantly fighting slimy scum. The filter is way too small and can't keep the tub clean. When circulating only half the tub circulates, and that half only has high speed jets. During the 8 hours a day the system has to run, only half the tub get circulated. After a week the water is so scummy you can't even use it. Do not waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Don’t buy Sundance Hot tubs. I have a tub that is only 3 years old. I paid almost $9,000 for the unit. I was moving the tub and noticed that the lower wood frame had drastic wood rot. The tub was sitting on a brick paved patio and was never sitting in standing water. Being an engineer, I was disappointed to see that the base frame was fabricated from lumber that was not treated like most wood bases exposed to any level of moisture. When I called their customer service, they blamed the moisture associated with Florida. They also informed me that most of the components have a 5 year warranty, but the wood frame is only two years. Based on the level of dry rot, it’s obvious that this rot has been happening for quite some time. Bottom line, they will not stand behind their tub. If you have recently purchased a tub, you may want to remove the side panels and inspect for this same problem.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We purchased a Sundance Optima Spa in 2016 for $10,000 and placed into service in the fall of 2017. We have had significant issues with the spa during the cold winter months, which is of course, when we prefer to use it. In early 2018 the spa cover became warped and heat was constantly leaving the spa to the point we had 2 foot icicles having all around the spa and our electric bill was triple the normal bill because the Sundance Spa heater was constantly running. The dealer, Performance Pool and Spa in Oakdale Minnesota replaced the top, but while we waited for a replacement we had to keep large concrete blocks on the cover to keep the heat from escaping.

Now we are a year later and the air bubbler is stuck on. We were out of town for five days, the air bubbler was running and air got into the cover which caused it to float and the heat escaped leaving icicles hanging from the spa again and the heater constantly running. The only way to shut off the air bubbler was to turn off the fuse and turn the spa back on. The dealer today told me that is a known issue with the Optima spa and they need to do a firmware upgrade to fix the issue of the bubblers system. In the meantime I can't turn off the spa, the heater is constantly running, water is evaporating and it's 9 degrees Fahrenheit. If you live in a cold climate this is not the spa for you. it is clearly made for warm weather climates. Not once did we receive any notice a firmware upgrade requirement by Sundance or the dealer, which is just unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have a Sundance Altamar purchased in Mundelein, IL in fall of 1998. It's on its third cover now, twenty years later and going strong. Because it is outside, it now gets redwood preservative reapplication as part of the annual service, along with being drained and cleaned. In twenty years I've averaged a service call every 4 or so years for things like Flow valve and once for the circulation pump. No other issues of note. I did replace the pillows and jets at 15 years and the spa was basically new again. I'm disappointed at the unfavorable reviews since Jacuzzi acquired Sundance. Sometimes the accountants do more damage than good.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I bought my 2002 Sundance Altamar spa used in 2008. My reason for purchasing it was I needed something for my physical issues and the price of a used spa fit within my budget. I will tell you I was not disappointed with my purchase and the local technicians at Spas Plus in Lincoln, Nebraska were there to repair, advise, supply me if needed for 10 years thus far. Due to the quality of my Sundance spa and the excellent service I received I am buying a brand new Sundance Hamilton spa this week. I tell you that my wife and are super excited and I know the team at Spas Plus will be there in our time of need, if and when it should arise for service, supplies, or just advice.

Sundance Spas Company Information