Hot Spring Spas

Compare Hot Tubs

Research top Hot Tubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Terrible products. First, let me say that I my hot springs Niagara is ten years old, and in excellent shape, but is has always been problem prone. The heater boards burn out. The control panel breaks. Recently, I spent over $1,500 in purchasing a new motherboard and a new heater board. When I started up my spa, I got error messages that Tech Support at Watkins said was a burned out topside control panel. So $400 plus, a new control panel. Still, no heat, no motor control. Got Tech Support on the line (they are located in India or Africa where there is a labor shortage because the hold/wait time is always 20 minutes or longer) and running some board diagnostics, the kind tech service person said it sounded like the main control board is bad.

Really? My spa service company, quite experienced and highly regarded, just installed a new one. I read the part No., and Watkins confirmed it was the right one. Called my service company, and they said no seller, no supplier, no vendor, whatever Watkins tries to say, will refund or replace a motherboard. So I am out a $1,600 parts and labor. For trying to repair a Watkins (Hot Springs) spa using reputable spa repair companies.

This firm should be shut down, or restricted to doing business only in California. They manufacture crap. They do not stand by their products. My advice to all Hot Springs/Caldera/Watkins owners: Sell them as soon as they break down, buy anything that you can find from China, India, Bangladesh, or Vietnam. It will break down on schedule with Hot Springs/Caldera/Watkins, but for a fraction of the cost.

I bought a Hot Spring Limelight Spa in Oct 2015 with the ACE System and Bluetooth. This Spa has given me an enormous amount of problems. I have a long service record with Hot Spring after just nine months and it seems to be getting worse. First off NEVER buy the ACE system. You're better off just using straight chemicals. The first thing that blew up was the ACE control unit. It took two months and three visits to diagnose. First it was a salt issue, then they replaced the ACE cell itself ($750 if out of one year warranty period) and that didn't work, then they replaced the control module which fixed it except if you expect this thing to keep your water nicely chlorinated guess again -- it only works if you only use the tub once or twice week -- any heavy usage and the unit goes berserk you end up adding chlorine anyway.

The Bluetooth popped out on me. First was loose wires which torpedoed the sound from a speaker. The service tech fixed one. When number two blew I did it myself which should warn you about the build quality. The water went bad for some crazy reason -- cloudy as hell, stunk like week old Mexican leftovers. I SHOCKED spa but it was eating free chlorine like beer nuts. I shocked it. No fix had to do the old 600-gallon mega dump. Lo and behold I have a perfectly balanced, clean as a whistle fully running hot tub that all my friends said was the best they had seen. After nine months -- BOOM! After that last sentence you hear the pump heave and whistle and die as the control module explodes like Apollo 11 command module.

Service call again. To their credit they were out next day. Blown control module as expected no parts in stock as I would have bet my entire life savings on. One to four weeks for ANOTHER replacement no parts in stock I guess they have to order the Malaysians hand-build one at a time so now my $12K investment in the wonders of spa soaking is down again. BUYER BEWARE. These units are highly temperamental and sensitive. The more junk you add in the more problems you are guaranteed to have. I would NOT recommend these to anyone unless you need problems added into your life.

Purchased new Jetsetter NXT with ACE Salt Water System in July 2015 and have had numerous problems with the ACE Salt Water System. The dealer's technician has been called a number of times to deal with this dysfunctional salt water system. I am a retired scientist and am quite familiar with chemistry, so my maintenance of the Spa's water and Tri-X filters is NOT the problem. Sources have revealed Hot Springs Tubs know their ACE Salt Water System CANNOT handle use more than twice a week! Strange, they don't mention that in their glossy sales brochures, Hollywood style informational videos or in their instructions with their Spa. Who would buy a Spa system that can only be used twice a week? Answer = Nobody!

Extremely unhappy with this spa. From the day I purchased it I have had regular issues starting with a defective thermistor at time of delivery. Since then I have had restricted flow error messages that no one has been able to solve. Most recently I had a leak 1 month after the warranty expired and is going to now cost big dollars to repair. I would never purchase another Hot Springs again.

Had the Hot Spring Grande for seven years. Replaced cover 2x - that's okay because we live in Canada with harsh weather. The big letdown is the premier moto massage. We've replaced it 3x and its broken again. A hot tub is supposed to reduce stress not create it! $300 a shot so it adds up. Other than that - its okay. But...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hot Spring Spas?

I bought this one for my kid. Really good.

It did the job. Too expensive.

It work really good. Tubs are awesome to use, the water heats up really nice and does not take very long to get hot and stay there. All the feature to use are awesome on sore joints and pain. It is very strong and durability. It is made with this awesome shell and has the most advance feature that they offer. Love all of it. I just love how it is build. It has this amazing style that can fit up to 5 people comfortably with room to move around. It has a amazing color that stands out. For the price is awesome but is worth way more and tear and wear, then that holds up for year. It just amazing to have and awesome price.

The performance of their hot tub is great. I have no issues with it and I've had it for about 3 years. I would definitely recommend this product to any of my friends. The durability of this product is out of this world. I've had other products in the past and this one definitely tops it. The appearance is beautiful. I have it in my backyard on my patio and it looks wonderful! I'm constantly getting compliments from friends and family when they come over. The value of it is slightly expensive but once you own one it'll definitely be worth it! I thought I was overpaying but after receiving it and having it installed I was definitely happy with it.

The best experience. The best use of my money. A really great way to relax at the end of the day. Any day, any season. It's really the best all around use of money. Even with a small backyard I can enjoy it.

Super comfortable. Very relaxing. Awesome tub! The installation was also included. I used it at least 3 times a week to relax after a stressed out day at work.

Awesome experience. I usually feel great after bathing, and I feel like in heaven taking a bath, and I am willing to share my point of view with others, and I want that other people will also enjoy like me, and will also feel the pleasure like myself, and they will also share their feelings with others as well.

It's a lovely hot tub, that gives you all the expected comfort you deserve for a relaxing bath moment. It also helps massage my body through water therapy, the hot tub has been a blessing because I use it when I want to relax because I hardly have time to go to the beach. It has a lot of outlets that jets water at different pace and patterns giving you the experiences of a lifetime. It fit in perfectly with bathroom space and its design is very beautiful. Friends come over and ask me about my hot bath always. In terms of price it's a little bit expensive but worth the price because of the advantage I get from it.

We loved our hot tub so much. It was nice to go out and relax at night after a long day at work and getting the kids to bed. Watching the snow fall in the nighttime was the best.

We are committed to ensuring that every Hot Spring spa is built for the reality of daily use and delivers the benefits you want in the most efficient, convenient and reliable manner.

It looks very nice. The hot tub does everything they said it would. It is very easy to maintain. This hot tub looks very nice in my backyard. It also has room for few friends. We have had it for three years and still looks good as new and still works perfectly. We are very satisfied with our hot tub. I have recommended it a few of our friends.

The jets on this hot tub are equal to that of a deep tissue massage. The seating is comfortable and the waterfall and lights are incredibly relaxing. You can find less expensive hot tubs but I think you get what you pay for and this tub is worth it.

It's something unexpected. You don't know how relaxed you feel until you get in. It's perfect for relaxing your muscles after a long day of work. This is perfect to get knots out and get you reenergized. Hot tubs aren't just a luxury for the rich and famous.

I've always wanted a hot tub and but I was never in a position either because I was living in an apartment or financially. When I was finally able to I think it's the best thing I've ever done.

It's a regular hot tub and it's enough for me. I wish it has more features but for now it's ok. I maybe shop another hot tub in 6 or 7 months but I need to see more products.

Wow! What more could I possibly say? This is helped me so much with my back pain and helps me keep my mind and soul and body at ease. Thank you for providing such a great product. I will recommend this to all my friends and family and even strangers! Great product. Keep up the good work.

It is the best known hot tub in mankind and I will honestly say it is worth the money! It has lasted for years since I bought it and runs like it's brand new!

The Hot Tub is beyond good, it had all the features you could ask for. And it was a great way to relax after a long day of anything. The way that the warm water feels on your skin is really soothing. And it has quite a few safety precautions so you can worry less of the danger of drowning or other dangers.

It is good and fun to use but the price is also affordable. It is if you're already chilling at the spa but the spa is at your house and it's fun. It also operate anything you wish for it to.

Love the finish and the jet action. It's easy to maintain. Love hearing how a tub soak can do a body good. They are kind of pricey, but I love the full filtration and quality.

I would like to start out saying if you don't own a hot tub and having been thinking about it for a while then... don't wait any longer. My hot tub is perfect for sore muscles after a week of hard work. My hot tub is one of the best purchase I've made.

This hot tub is awesome and it's heated. Durable and comfortable. Prices are decent for what it is. Customer service was excellent and the installation process is good for me and the workers are friendly.

It is very good style and I like it as my favorite. The most common (and therefore, the least expensive) form of chlorine is 3-inch tablets, which are slow-dissolving and require less maintenance. Chlorine sticks are larger and dissolve even slower than 3-inch tablets but are not as popular. 1-inch chlorine tablets dissolve more quickly than 3-inch tablets or chlorine sticks and are better suited to above-ground swimming pools, small in-ground swimming pools, and spas. Look for a concentration of 90% Trichloro.

I enjoyed having the family in the hot tub on cool fall nights. Seating was never an issue with us. The water was always warm and perfect. I'm thinking about getting another one at the new house.

I love it. Very beautiful and discrete. The things I do in that tub... It's very satisfying.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1977, Hot Spring Spas is the world's top selling brand. They're made by award-winning hot tub manufacturer, Watkins Manufacturing.

• Low-maintenance filtration: Hot Spring Spas offers two proprietary systems: the ACE and EverFresh systems. ACE is a salt water system, while EverFresh uses an ozone filtration system.
  • Connextion: The Connextion remote monitoring system provides 24/7 monitoring with dealer alerts and remote access to the controls.
  • Moto-Massage DX: Exclusive to Hot Spring Spas, this moving jet provides a powerful water stream up and down the back.
  • Large dealer network: Hot Spring Spas has a global network of over 900 dealers and service centers.
  • Trade-in and financing: To save money on a new spa, consumers can receive trade-in credit for an old spa towards the cost of a new spa. In addition, Hot Spring offers financing options.
  • Best for Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Compare Hot Tubs