2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

2.5/5 (116 ratings)

About Hot Spring Spas

Hot Spring spas and hot tubs have been manufactured in Vista, California, by Watkins Wellness since 1977. Hot Spring’s portable saltwater hot tubs include soothing massage features and a variety of jet options. The company also offers saltwater systems and energy-efficient models. Find accessories, including replacement covers, cover lifters and furniture, on its website.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

Pros

• Customizable features
    • Energy-efficient models
    • Range of price tiers

Cons

• Limited warranty
    • Sold only through local dealers

Bottom Line

Customers enjoy Hot Spring Spas’ patented technology features, such as Tri-X filters, and its three different water care systems that ensure freshness. All models are customizable.

Top Hot Spring Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

After spending months and months reading about hot tubs and going to dealers, we finally decided to buy the HotSpot Relay. So far (a month in) we are very happy with it. Its jets ...

Verified

The first year was fantastic. When operational, this is a fabulous hot tub. However, after a year or so the hot tub began having problems but was covered under warranty. The contr...

About Hot Spring Spas

Hot Spring Spas’ hot tubs use a variety of massage and hydrotherapy features, including rotating and directional jets, to provide owners with a therapeutic and relaxing experience. Those looking to lower their utility costs gravitate to Hot Spring Spas because the company’s SmartJet system is specifically designed to conserve energy. All of the company’s tubs are certified by the California Energy Commission and SpaSearch.

Hot Spring Spas prices

Entry-level Hot Spot Spas from Hot Spring start at $6,999 for a two- or three-person hot tub. The Limelight Collection and Highlife Collection cost $8,999 and up for premium and luxury tubs.

Prices vary based on added features, hot tub size, installation costs and taxes. Hot Spring Spas suggests reaching out to a local authorized dealer for the most accurate pricing.

Hot Spring Spa hot tubs

Hot Spring Spa offers three collections of hot tubs: Hot Spot Spas, the Limelight Collection and the Highlife Collection. Available features for the spas include wireless remote controls, large power indicator lights and patented pump shrouds as well as Hot Springs’ dual Freshwater Salt and Ozone systems.

• Highlife Collection: All Highlife Collection models — Grandee, Vanguard, Sovereign, Envoy, Aria, Prodigy, Triumph, Jetsetter and Jetsetter LX — come with multiple jet configurations, Tri-X filters, customizable lighting and multilayered foam insulation. Hot Springs manufactures the Highlife Collection with polymer and ABS-backed acrylic shells to create a strong and durable product. Select models also include sculpted seating, such as the captain’s chair included with the Highlife Collection’s Envoy model.
    • Limelight Collection: The Limelight Collection features five models: Prism, Pulse, Flash, Flair, and Beam. All models include a variety of jet styles and fit from four to seven people. With a full-color LCD screen, a power indicator light that shows when the hot tub is ready, exterior lighting and optional wireless entertainment, the Limelight Collection offers all of Hot Spring’s best features without the hefty price tag.
    • Hot Spot Spas: The most popular Hot Spot models — Tempo, Relay and Rhythm — come with a variety of seating, lighting and massage jet options. The Relay includes lounge seating, cushioned headrests and LED lights that can be dimmed for a relaxing nighttime soak. Select Hot Spot models can fit up to seven people, and every model includes multiple jet configurations, an insulated cover and the option to add wireless entertainment.

Hot Spring Spa maintenance

Hot Spring Spas’ Ozone system with MPS and silver ions makes water care easy — tubs with this system only require weekly maintenance. The saltwater systems found in Hot Spring Spas’ Limelight and Highlife Collection require even less attention and offer up to a full year of sanitation. With the FreshWater Salt System, small amounts of salt are converted into chlorine to flush out any bacteria or germs within the water.

It’s important to rinse out hot tub filters once a month to avoid any clogging. The company recommends you perform a deep clean every three to four months. The patented Tri-X filters featured in the Highlife Collection are dishwasher safe, which makes them easier to clean. Depending on the amount of use, the company recommends that you drain and refill your hot tub three to four times per year. Once drained, you can clean the spa shell.

Hot Spring Spas warranty

Hot Spot Spas come with a five-year warranty on their no-leak shell and a two-year warranty on components, including the MotoMassage jet and no-fault heater. The LED light assemblies in the Tempo, Relay and Rhythm models also come with a two-year warranty.

The Limelight Collection and Highlife Collection come with a seven-year warranty on the no-leak shell and a five-year warranty on components and Everwood cabinet material. The wireless remote control battery included in the Highlife Collection comes with a one-year warranty. Local authorized dealers can explain additional warranties.

Hot Spring Spas’ hot tubs must be serviced by an authorized technician or you run the risk of voiding the warranty.

Hot Spring Spas FAQ

How much do Hot Spring Spas cost?
    Most hot tubs from Hot Spring Spas start at $6,999. A premium hot tub for four adults with a FreshWater Salt System, multicolor lighting, an LCD control panel and FiberCor insulation costs between $9,000 and $10,000. Hot Spring Spas’ prices vary based on features, size and local taxes.
    How long do Hot Springs hot tubs last?
    At a minimum, most Hot Spring Spas hot tubs last five years. A well-maintained hot tub can last 20 years or more.
    How do I connect my Bluetooth to my Hot Spring hot tub?
    Connecting a Bluetooth to your Hot Spring hot tub is easy — simply select “Blue” or "Bluetooth" as the source on your hot tub’s audio setup menu and pair your device by choosing “My spa” on the device menu. Hot Springs’ Bluetooth speaker system has a range of up to 30 feet.
    How often does Hot Spring Spas have sales?
    Hot Spring Spas offers sales throughout the year. Most authorized dealers clear out their inventory during the fall, which is a good time to shop for deals and promotions.
    What is the ACE Salt Water System?
    The ACE Salt Water System is available in Hot Spring Spas’ Highlife Collection, Highlife Collection NXT and Limelight Collection hot tubs. This system uses small amounts of salt in the water and converts it to chlorine so that the hot tub’s water stays fresh and sanitized without the use of bottled chlorine.

Are Hot Spring Spa hot tubs worth it?

Hot Spot Spas offer a value-priced and budget-friendly option with all of the Hot Spring’s best features — energy-efficiency, FiberCor insulation, the Freshwater Ozone System and FROG @ease in-line cartridges. For hot tub owners looking to upgrade their hot tub, the Limelight Collection provides a premium hot tub with dual FreshWater Salt and Ozone systems, colored lighting and FiberCor insulation. The Highlife Collection combines all the best features of these collections into a line of sleek and luxurious hot tubs.

Hot Spring Spas Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a Hot Spring Tub Model Envoy approximately 7 1/2 years ago. Up until Fall of 2019 things were OK. I had to replace a jet and a heating element. OK - I can live with that expense. Then about this time last year, my tub started losing water. It took the dealer quite some time to get out and review the situation. By then, they claimed that they could not work on the leak because it would require warm back to back days to repair and for glues to set up. My only choice was to drain the tub for the winter and wait until spring. Spring of course is busy season and it took a while to get out to the house beginning in May. It is now October and the tub is still losing water. In the meantime jets have been replaced. All of the jets have been caulked with an adhesive. Lines have been cut and replaced with new sections and couplers that also sprang leaks. The shell mysteriously cracked where a jet was replaced and had to be epoxied.

We are talking north of 1 dozen visits since May. Each time I wait 24 hours for the glue to dry, fill it, introduce all the chemicals again and get it up to temperature only to watch it lose an inch a day. I have had to re-up [purchase] my chemicals once already because of the frequency of emptying the tub. I've had Hot Tubs for nearly 40 years and never have I had such a dismal experience. I have a chronic back condition that I rely on the tub to soothe. I am coming to grips with the idea that I may need to buy a new tub - rest assured it will not be a Hot Spring. I am President / Vice President of the Homebuilders Association in the Lakes Region of NH.

Hot Spring Spas response
    Charles that all sounds frustrating and not spa friendly. I am sorry this has been your experience. I want to know more to see how I can help.
    Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

I look forward to working with you soon.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

We bought A Hot Spot Relay May 2016. Loved it, until right after 2 years we had problems with the heater. Found out it was just out of warranty and bought parts to repair. This year right after 5 year warranty spa started leaking. The distributor we bought is too understaffed to send out repairman so after fighting the filler we found poorly attached hoses that were creating leak. We replaced, and resealed correctly, spent so much time fighting the filler and the water that soaked everything and put back together. All was well for two months and we have another leak. Took off panel, cleared the fill to find out it was at the bottom of the tub where we couldn't reach. We replaced all the jets and resealed them, put the spa back together and it is still leaking. 5 years old and nothing but problems with no service available from the store. Where to go from here?? Too much invested to give up after 5 years but don't know how to get it fixed.

Hot Spring Spas response

Oh no, Brenda, I am sorry to hear that your spa has a reoccurring leak. I am not sure of the particulars; however, I'd like to know more and see how I can help.

I will DM you for more information and assistance.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Our Hot Spring 7 seat Spa was purchased April 2020, in the nearly 1.5 years of owning it, it has given us noting but problems, purchased from Brisbane spa super centre. The salt water system is an absolute joke, put it simply, it does not work! We wanted a salt water spa to have a healthier experience and not bathe in chlorine. This system failed to produce any chlorine and the water was constantly green and smelt disgusting. After being told many times we were not using it right despite the fact I was following orders by the book and became a somewhat expert on spas.

After numerous attempts of the dealer to replace the salt cell and test the cells power only to tell me it was working fine, the water was still disgusting. I engaged the services of a 40 yr veteran in the spa industry who inspected our spa and informed me the salt systems in these spas are not fit for their intended purchase, nor was the circulation pump ample enough to circulate the water often enough to clean and filter the water. Spa super centre told me to add 1 tsp of chlorine per person per hour of bathing which was not in the manual and were not told when we bought a fresh salt water spa. Nonetheless I did this and still the water was putrid. The 40 yr veteran suggested I would need to add 4 to 5 tablespoons of chlorine for a spa this size, which I did and this was the only thing that kept the water half decent.

After sick of bathing and coming out smelling like chlorine Spa super centre finally agreed to install a UV system to purify the water, Long story short this also failed due to the inadequate hardware/ pumps in the spa not circulating water enough to filter correctly. After putting up with this for months and getting frustrated once again I called the dealers complaining, they attended and installed an ozone system. In short once again due to the inadequate hardware and an inferior ozone system it still failed to maintain the water and I had to continue adding chlorine. I came to the conclusion I didn't want the spa anymore and told them to restore the salt cell and give me what I paid for or take it back.

They came once again and installed the salt cell this time admitting when they installed the spa they added way too much salt and they all of a sudden had some new information from Hot spring in the States and their New Zealand dealer that when the salt level is too high the salt cell doest produce chlorine. Dealer advised me to buy a proper salt meter as the built in salt tester is useless which he admitted. I spent $200 on a salt meter and maintained the salt at a perfect level. I was advised to keep the salt cell setting on number 10 (the highest) and the spa started making chlorine. Now the salt cell was working it was producing so much chlorine we would get out stinking of chlorine each time.

Being a sufferer of bronchitis the chlorine in the lungs was causing me tightness of breath and this lasted for hours. When I turned the salt cell down to setting 6 and didn't use the spa for days, I went to hope in one day and the water was once again putrid. On top of this as the filtration system does not circulate water often enough we need to add not 1 cap, but 4 to 5 cap fulls of Oxyshock to the water after each use in order to remove organic matter which the filtration/ozone, UV, salt system should do. They all Fail miserably due to inadequate hardware.

I now find myself needing to replace salt cells every 2 months which is a joke and $100 each, and the last one has only lasted 4 weeks as it is now once again flashing needing replacement. As far as the energy efficiency it does this by using a VEERY small heater, when you get in your spa on a windy day the temperature drops by up to 2 degrees and you have to get out it's too cold. If it's a warmish day or night the water temp rises by up to 2 degrees and you have to get out as it's too hot and draining.

This spa is a disaster from day 1, We paid nearly 26K for it and it's a total lemon. Do yourself a favour and RUN A MILE and never look back. Buy a cheaper unit and have a professional install a good quality Ozone system like commercial pools have and you will be much happier. I will not be subject to being told I Don't know how to use the system, we have gone through this for 18 months and as I said earlier I have become an expert on spas, water maintenance, Ozone, UV, hardware and water maintenance. This spa is simply not built to do what it's intended for. I am now considering my options to raise a case in claims court to have this refunded if the dealers can not give me suitable resolutions to all the concerns which they have tried for 18 months and failed.

Hot Spring Spas response
      Louis, I am sorry to hear that this has been your experience. This is not ok, and I will elevate your concerns to the Regional in your area.
      There is quite a bit of misinformation, and I hear your frustration. For one, the spa doesn't come with a salt reader in the spa. We recommend using test strips to know how much salt is in the water. The salt system has been in our spas for over 10 years. We have many happy salt spa owners. I hope to improve your water care and spa experience.

Vanessa- CS

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Hello, I just wanted to give you my feedback from owing my Hot Springs Envoy Spa serial #KK1S1114 purchased new 4/2/2014. I was under the impression that I was buying the best spa on the market. Boy did that turn out to be WRONG. I paid top dollar for it, around $13k when all the options were added. I thought I would get at least 10 years out of it but barely made it 6.

The spa was great for the first 5 years of service. The 6th year it started developing hose fitting leaks requiring foam digs that were a nightmare to deal with. After the 3rd and final leak we are JUNKING the spa. We have HAD ENOUGH. We are VERY Disillusioned and Disappointed in the product. There is NO reason for the hose fittings to develop leaks if they were glued properly from the start. Each one of the leaks discovered were MANUFACTURING DEFECTS from improperly glued fittings, I could see the lack of glue surrounding the fittings with the naked eye. What a JOKE. I realize my opinion means NOTHING to them because they already got my $ but know this; I will NEVER EVER purchase one of their products again. They have lost a customer for life. And that is sad because it all reflects on their SHODDY construction. Jeffrey ** RIPPED OFF CONSUMER.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Bought a JET SETTER NXT on 6/28/16. I also opted for the FRESH WATER III High-output Ozone Purification System. I live alone, a widow and 66 years old, and used the spa about 3X a week in the winter. It RARELY gets used in the summer. I was told that the salt water system was THE WAY TO GO!!! Don’t do it as you will spend more time trying to keep the water balanced then actually using the spa!! THEN when damage is done to your spa because of this, they will say it is not covered by warranty as damage was caused by misuse of the consumer!!!

I clean the filters and replace them regularly. I depend on the salt water system to monitor salinity level. I use test strips for other correct levels, such as PH, etc... The maintenance on this is not for the WEAK OF HEART!!! Topside remote hand controller had to finally be replaced within the first year of use because of malfunction. Many times before the replacement, I had to do continuous resets on it to even be able to have it read salt content in the water. It now has to be replaced again.

Spa was leaking a little each week in the first year I had it. Would have to continuously top it off, which usually would throw the salt water reading off. Was told over and over that I probably did not tighten the drain plug enough. FINALLY, after continuous phone calls, they came out and WONDER OF WONDERS, it had a leak on the underside of the shell that had obviously been there quite some time as it was stained with orange and green slime. That leak had been spraying on the interior motherboard and other electrical components. The tech repaired the leak, and decided that the motherboard was working correctly when refilled and fired up. He did replace the topside inset controller and the hand controller.

Now for the straw that broke the camel’s back…. Spa started causing my breaker panel to trip beginning of 2020. I called to report this. Was told not to worry because it was still under warranty. Called in Sept or Oct of 2020. FINALLY, in the early spring of 2021, a tech came and said that there was ANOTHER leak caused by a break in the PVC pipe connected to the water pump. He also noted all of the other problems with this spa. Rusted metal rings around all the jets, leaking interior light, failing water pump.

Then I had to wait until mid June 2021 for them to come and fix it. I was told, just prior to this visit, that they had decided to just pick the spa up and take it back to COMPLETELY service it. Supposedly, all parts had been ordered and FINALLY were in stock. Supposedly nothing was going to be a problem. Was original told that that is usually a $500.00 charge for this, but they were literally just 3 miles from me delivering a spa and were headed back with an empty trailer and would do it for free since I have been having so many problems and have waiting so long.

I called them just yesterday (6 weeks after they picked this spa up) and was now told ALL PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY USER MISUSE and thus not covered by warranty!!!! REALLY!!?! A broken PVC pipe, spraying water on electrical components is my fault?!?! Little white spots all over the interior shell. Was told that this damage is not covered under warranty as it is caused by misuse by the consumer because of water imbalance. Same thing with rust spots on the metal rings around the Jets. Was told this was my fault also. In a salt water system, we depend on the spa readings to know that everything is working in the GREEN. But no matter what damage happens, it will always be thrown back to the fault of the consumer, not the fault of the salt water system itself malfunction. I told them to just FIX THE LEAK and all electrical damage that this caused. I truly doubt that they even ordered any parts and had this outcome planned all along.

With all the downtime, I have probably have only about 40 total hours of use since original purchase. LEMON>>LEMON>>> And now everything is MY FAULT!!! I still do not have use of my spa, and am not holding my breath that I ever will be again.. I see that Watkins customer service usually replies to most posts, but that does nothing for the consumer, as actions speak louder than words.

After reading all these other complaints, this one complaint stood out to me. Although it does not apply to me (RIGHT NOW, but only time will tell)... Topside controller no longer being produced. Hot Springs Spa says that they make sure that parts are available for 20 years from original purchase. I understand that a part no longer being produced is not the fault of Hot Springs, but THEY should be responsible for any extra cost incurred because of the resulting problem of that part now being incompatible with the existing control box. BEWARE because they will pass that cost onto the consumer!!!

Hot Spring Spas response
      Nancy, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your water care system. I want to help.
      I will contact you to verify the details of your spa. As it turns out, you mentioned two different water care systems, and I want to make sure I am addressing your needs appropriately.
      I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

No spa beats the Highlife series styling and ease of maintenance. The sophisticated spa design is soothing in of itself and is a focal point in our yard. The newly redesigned Freshwater Salt System in our 2019 Envoy had some minor longevity issues in the beginning but now works flawlessly. The first set of cartridges lasted no more than 2 months each and were not generating enough chlorine. Our dealer said it was likely a bad batch of cartridges and gave us a new box for free. So far we are getting over 4 months of use out of each of the new cartridges with the perfect amount of chlorine generation. The only thing we did was that we flushed the spa with Ahhsome spa cleaner when we changed the water after 7 months (Hot Springs said you can go up to one year but our service tech said it's better to change the water every 6-8 months).

The only adjustment made to our maintenance routine was that we now keep the salt level a bit lower that the recommended 1750ppm (The directions say to add 9 1/4 cups of salt...we put 8 1/2 cups to 8 3/4 cups). we also add non chlorine shock once in awhile and keep the PH at the recommended level. The water is silky smooth, and has soft pleasant scent. The jets are powerful and well placed. They can be adjusted individually to suit each person's needs. Everything in the motor compartment is neat and appears to be well put together. Although the spa itself is made in California, some of the components are made in China and Mexico but appear to be of high quality.

The optional speaker system and subwoofer has a premium sound. The remote for the spa is simple to use but unfortunately looks like it belongs on a child's Fisher Price toy instead of a premium spa -It has been glitchy and had to be replaced twice under warranty. The moto massage DX gives a very unique therapeutic massage that no other spa can replicate. The Envoy is well insulated and holds its set temperature within 2 degrees no matter how cold it gets outside. We've had our Envoy for over one year and so far are very happy with our purchase. It is well designed, well built, is easy to maintain and provides a luxurious experience as advertised. We just hope the reliability holds up and if it doesn't, we hope Hot Springs continues to back up their product.

Hello J

Wow! Thank you for your detailed review. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your spa. You have a beautiful setup.
      It sounds like your dealer is a fantastic resource for all of your spa needs.

I appreciate you sharing your water care details. Finding the perfect routing for you and the water you have will set you up for many years of happy hot tubbing.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I have had two Hot Spring Spas. The 1st one lasted 10 years plus - as I left it my previous home. I purchased the largest spa with a recliner built available in 2009 - Vista for 7 people and 500 Gallons. It has worked incredible well - use it daily. I have had to replace 1 pump at about 7 years - reasonable. I then had a severe leak that required taking it to the dealership and have it totally dug out, the plumbing replaced, and refoamed 3 years ago. It took 3 months and $3500.00 to repair ($1,000 was to pick up and return from dealership).

Now it is severely leaking again (Like 1/4 of tub in a day). Had service come to look at it and it is not near the front (pump section) to easily repair. So now I can take it out and spend another 3500.00 and hope it works for a while, or buy a new one. Problem is that my dealership will not have one my size - a Grandee, the color I want for 9 months, the cost has increased 70 %, and it has the removable remote that seems to be having a lot of problems from the reviews I have read. So the warranty will be over and the cost to replace is at least 1 grand at a time. I am almost tempted to redo the plumbing again to fix the leak to avoid the new electronics. But the repair shop at the dealership recommends I buy a new one.

Hot Spring Spas response
      Oh wow! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry this has been your experience. Thank you for being a loyal Hot Spring spa owner. I will reach out to you and see how I may help.
      Thank you for your time, and I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Purchased Envoy NXT in 2015 with Salt Cell Option. Spa has been maintained meticulously according to instructions and is used 1.5 hours per week. Jet sand mechanicals work well, but have had constant trouble with spa covers and salt cell (approx) every single year. My local long time Spa Dealer was knowledgeable/helpful until he was "dropped by Hot Springs" during yet another warranty event (which occurred before and during these COVID shutdowns).

I cannot get long time Spa Dealer to respond. I cannot get Hot Springs to help me either. They both point at each other, they both are responsible to provide me a cover and salt cell under warranty. Every Hot Tub Cover(s) provided under the warranty and purchased do not arrive in good condition, obvious manufacturing problems and then quickly (2 months) deteriorate seams stretch and vinyl literally melts/stretches over the side of spa top, which allows rain water leakage into the spa. This causes continuous/frequent water balancing problems every time it rains and then the salt cell overworks and this creates a shortened life span as described in manual.

I now have a $1500 problem EACH YEAR just in cover and spa salt cell expense because of lemon products + $ filters and chemical maintenance on my hands each year. I can't use chlorine for medical reasons... The spa accessories are ruining my hot tub experience and performance. Disappointed that Hot Springs did not contact me when they decided to no longer do business with the local dealer that I purchased from. We are long time spa owners/users. Never had trouble with covers like this. I previously had a cover that was 10 years old and still going strong when we gave it away!

Karin,
      I am sorry to hear this has been your spa experience.
      Water care should not be frustrating. I am sure we can devise a plan to get your salt online.
      Watkins backs your spa warranty. If the local dealer is no longer available, we step in and find you a service dealer.
      I will DM you to learn more and see how I can help.
      Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and I look forward to working with you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

We purchased our Envoy at cost of £14,000 and had delivered in Sept 2020. It has sadly been one big disappointment. We were sold the idea of the freshwater salt system as good for your skin and easy to maintain. What a joke that has been, we have spent more time trying to sort out and monitor the water quality and cleaning filters than using the tub! The salt system simply does not work, it does not generate the chlorine required to maintain levels, so every few days when the reading drops to 1 -2 we have to add chlorine granules. I specifically chose a spa where we wouldn't have to do this as it irritates my skin and this has now set off my eczema requiring steroid cream from the doctor.

We are experienced hot tub owners having run 2 hots tubs previously for 12-14 years without any issues whatsoever. All along we have been blamed for 'contaminating the water' and causing the water balance issues even when it was green! I am sick of being told 'some people just don't get on with it' implying that we have chosen not to like it or make the effort in maintenance. We have spent more time on this than any other hot tub which has detracted significantly from it being a pleasure to own, we seem to have bought a lemon!

The set up was not done properly and we did not receive the required instructions. Eventually they have replaced the salt controller but it has made absolutely no difference whatsoever, the chlorine levels drop every 2-3 days consistently even though it doesn't have heavy use and we regularly clean the filters. Now we are being told it may be a phosphate problem. 2 months in it is clearly not as described and the salt system does not work. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Appalling product for a high cost.

Hello Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am sorry to hear it has been disappointing. I want to help. Can you tell me who your dealer is and your full name?

I know this has been frustrating, and as a veteran spa owner, water care should not be this difficult.

I am sure this can be worked out, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Vanessa - Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

My husband and I are both disabled Veterans and this hot tub is great therapy for us. We bought this almost 5 years ago. We have had nothing but problems since we bought it. All of our repairs have been under warranty thus far: 2 door replacements, 2 remote replacements, heater replacement, ozone thing replacement, light seal replacement. I called in for service in September and was told the guy would be out in two weeks. Three weeks later I called back in and they said it was going to be another 4 weeks. There is only one authorized dealer within 100 miles of us and they SUCK. They only came out fast because I called Hot Springs directly and complained. They replaced a part and had to order parts so they can replace the docking station and the remote AGAIN.

Since they came out, we are now leaking and now we have a jet leaking which they say they have to completely remove the tub, haul it to their shop (at our expense mind you) so they can work on it. They said we "might" get it back by January. This is completely ridiculous. I can't believe that we purchased this for the price of a car and have this many problems.

Hot Spring Spas response
      I am sorry to hear that your spa is again in need of service. I see that our team has reached out to you to learn more about your spa and see how we can help. Your spa operation and enjoyment are important to us.
      I will email you as well. I look forward to working with you soon.
      Thank you for your post.

Take a Hot Tub Quiz