2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

3.8/5 (31 ratings)

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

About Sundance Spas

Sundance Spas offers a variety of hot tubs in its 680, 780, 880 and 980 series. Customers can select the trim color on the spa itself and choose a coordinating cover. Other factory upgrades include the Bluewave spa stereo system and EcoWrap insulation. Sundance Spas sends trained technicians for installation, and the company can work with you to design your outdoor space.

Find Hot Tubs partners near you

Pros

• Customizable trim and shell cover
    • Free test soaks
    • All models include a cover

Cons

• Water circulation issues
    • No pricing online

Bottom Line

Sundance Spas has a comprehensive line of hot tubs with a variety of jet arrangements. Customers can find accurate quotes from their local Sundance Spas showrooms.

Sundance Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sundance Spas?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sundance Spas?

Original review: March 25, 2021

I purchased the 2006 Capri spa and I have had very little trouble with it. At about 5 1/2 years the 2 speed motor burnt up. They replaced it at no cost to me. The carpal tunnel jets, 1st one fell off at about 6 months and the 2nd fell off at about 1 1/2 years. I never had them replaced because there wasn’t a leak on either one. I replaced the heater sensing and a flow switch units myself. Besides that, this tub has saved me many miserable painful days. I can’t enjoy life without a tub. That’s why today I’m going to my local dealer and hopefully come away with a brand new Marin tub. My dealer has never failed to show up when they are supposed to, that’s why I’m staying with Sundance. I’ll let you know if anything goes wrong!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have owned this Spa for less than 30 days at a cost of $11,000.00 plus installation. The Spa stopped working which was diagnosed as a failed Master Board. Sundance has arbitrarily determined it was a weather event and therefore an act of God not covered under warranty. I am out an additional $850.00 to repair. Stay away from this Company as they have no idea how to treat a customer. The warranty is worthless.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased my initial Sundance Claremont spa in 2017 for medicinal purpose. I purchased a refurbished hot tub unknowingly. That was the first issue. After a few months the hot tub leaked and after many trips to repair the leaks the dealership replaced the hot tub with a Kingston model. I have had the second hot tub to start leaking only after several months. Again, there was a promise to replace the unpaired leaks. I have been dealing with a nonfunctional piece of equipment since November of 2018 only to not get very far with the dealership. After dealing with the dealerships runaround I have decided to request a refund and forget doing business with Outback. So disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have owned a Sundance Capri for 18 years, a wonderful hot tub. Never had any problems with the water. The new Peyton 680 was a bad mistake. I have had it for 1 1/2 months and am constantly fighting slimy scum. The filter is way too small and can't keep the tub clean. When circulating only half the tub circulates, and that half only has high speed jets. During the 8 hours a day the system has to run, only half the tub get circulated. After a week the water is so scummy you can't even use it. Do not waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Don’t buy Sundance Hot tubs. I have a tub that is only 3 years old. I paid almost $9,000 for the unit. I was moving the tub and noticed that the lower wood frame had drastic wood rot. The tub was sitting on a brick paved patio and was never sitting in standing water. Being an engineer, I was disappointed to see that the base frame was fabricated from lumber that was not treated like most wood bases exposed to any level of moisture. When I called their customer service, they blamed the moisture associated with Florida. They also informed me that most of the components have a 5 year warranty, but the wood frame is only two years. Based on the level of dry rot, it’s obvious that this rot has been happening for quite some time. Bottom line, they will not stand behind their tub. If you have recently purchased a tub, you may want to remove the side panels and inspect for this same problem.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We purchased a Sundance Optima Spa in 2016 for $10,000 and placed into service in the fall of 2017. We have had significant issues with the spa during the cold winter months, which is of course, when we prefer to use it. In early 2018 the spa cover became warped and heat was constantly leaving the spa to the point we had 2 foot icicles having all around the spa and our electric bill was triple the normal bill because the Sundance Spa heater was constantly running. The dealer, Performance Pool and Spa in Oakdale Minnesota replaced the top, but while we waited for a replacement we had to keep large concrete blocks on the cover to keep the heat from escaping.

Now we are a year later and the air bubbler is stuck on. We were out of town for five days, the air bubbler was running and air got into the cover which caused it to float and the heat escaped leaving icicles hanging from the spa again and the heater constantly running. The only way to shut off the air bubbler was to turn off the fuse and turn the spa back on. The dealer today told me that is a known issue with the Optima spa and they need to do a firmware upgrade to fix the issue of the bubblers system. In the meantime I can't turn off the spa, the heater is constantly running, water is evaporating and it's 9 degrees Fahrenheit. If you live in a cold climate this is not the spa for you. it is clearly made for warm weather climates. Not once did we receive any notice a firmware upgrade requirement by Sundance or the dealer, which is just unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have a Sundance Altamar purchased in Mundelein, IL in fall of 1998. It's on its third cover now, twenty years later and going strong. Because it is outside, it now gets redwood preservative reapplication as part of the annual service, along with being drained and cleaned. In twenty years I've averaged a service call every 4 or so years for things like Flow valve and once for the circulation pump. No other issues of note. I did replace the pillows and jets at 15 years and the spa was basically new again. I'm disappointed at the unfavorable reviews since Jacuzzi acquired Sundance. Sometimes the accountants do more damage than good.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I bought my 2002 Sundance Altamar spa used in 2008. My reason for purchasing it was I needed something for my physical issues and the price of a used spa fit within my budget. I will tell you I was not disappointed with my purchase and the local technicians at Spas Plus in Lincoln, Nebraska were there to repair, advise, supply me if needed for 10 years thus far. Due to the quality of my Sundance spa and the excellent service I received I am buying a brand new Sundance Hamilton spa this week. I tell you that my wife and are super excited and I know the team at Spas Plus will be there in our time of need, if and when it should arise for service, supplies, or just advice.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

2018 Sundance Chelsee Spa - We purchased this spa less than 3 months ago, and already have had many issues with it, and have also noticed the lack of quality... Not worth $10,000.00. Won't hold the temperature and it's not even the cold months yet. Foot jets keep coming out, buttons are hard to push, had a panel replaced already from it looking faded, headrests get dirty fast, and it appears they'll look torn up before long, also basing that on previous reviews, we've had technician there twice for 2 different leaking valves, and the turn around time to get a technician is over 2 weeks. Wish it wasn't too late to return, not happy at all.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

980 Series Claremont Spa won't heat water in the winter unless the top is on and will lose heat slowly when the top is off. If outside temperature is below 60 degrees outside then it gets real frustrating. Even in the summer you have to set desired temp hours before entering water. Spa works as designed according to a conversation with their tech. I have a lot of experience with many different spas and heating has never been a problem. There is something wrong. Everything else works fine but heat is why I bought a hot tub. Seems other people are having similar heating issues starting late 2016 to present. Sundance needs to make this right.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We purchased an "Optima" spa from the local Sundance dealer in 2003. We never had anything wrong with it -- just had to replace a few pillows and add the right chemicals. Now that it is 15, there are some problems with the heat and the outside of the wood case is getting old looking. So we have just purchased a new "Optima" and are eager to get it! I recommend this brand.

Sundance Spas Company Information