Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

92 Speed Queen Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2019

Our machine is less than eight months old or machine and we have two major problems. First the inner plastic ring is falling apart. We have chunks of plastic in our clothes. Eventually the entire ring is going to break down. Our second problem is we have a internal water leak in the tub. Fortunately we have a plastic liner under the machine, otherwise our wood floors would be ruined. We are called Speed Queen twice and talk to someone by the name of Tim, who seems to have absolutely no information on anything. We had someone come out to repair the machine and we were told we should just get a new one. It’s in pretty bad shape.

He came out again the following week and was told that he had to replace the tub the liner and and find where the leak in the tub is. Today a week later we called Speed Queen. Spoke with Tim once again to find out what the status of our parts and repair was. He knew nothing. We called the appliance repair place directly and they are trying to track our parts but they said Speed Queen sends things through some super cheap delivery service not a UPS or FedEx and it’s hard to even find out where the parts are since there’s no tracking number. Meanwhile every time I do a load of wash there’s white chunks of plastic in my clothes. Oh and I forgot to add the machine makes these horrible clanking noise as well. That’s important. Anyway I thousand dollars for this machine what a joke customer service from Speed Queen. Disgusting. Do not buy this machine or actually anything from Speed Queen.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Speed Queen washer in Sept of 2018. It was delivered mid October. I have not had a single load of clean clothing since. It has had problem after problem, and the repairman has been out four times in the last month alone. The washer fills with water, but doesn't agitate half of the time. When a load is finished, the soap and scent booster is still on the top of the clothing. We have been working without dealer, and Speed Queen, but so far all I have had is disappointment. I do believe they desire to help, but they have no idea why the machine isn't working, and would rather replace parts weekly than replace the machine. Never again!

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have to say something because I'm disgusted with this machine. Probably the most sturdy machine out there but simply does not clean good. My wife's dress clothes come out with the white marks on blacks. We have tried different soaps, and every possible setting to no avail. Extra rinses and all. Forget about my work jeans. They come out of this machine looking just as dirty as I put them in. I wish I kept my good perfectly running old washer with the good old agitator. I seriously don't know what Speed Queen was thinking of when they designed this machine. Think about this review before you buy this $1000 machine.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I find when using the washer it is extremely noisy. My worst complaint is that even using (1) king size sheet (not the full set) to wash, it comes out in a tied up knot. It's put in loosely. It's really bad if I put in the full set. What in the world is the agitator doing?

Original review: March 4, 2019

I wanted a heavy duty dryer and bought this on the recommendation of the salesman. It was professionally installed by the dealer who confirmed proper ventilation. Drying takes at least one hour per load. The sensor cycles do not work. The clothes are still damp even when set to "dry." After talking to the manufacturer's representative, the repairman said the dryer is functioning properly.

I contacted the company who wrote, "During the first 6 minutes of the cycle the machine takes readings of how wet the load is. During this time the control calculates how much time will be needed to dry the load. It also takes into account, with the current options selected, the average of the last 5 loads with the same settings selected. The time will vary with load size, type of fabric, amount of moisture in the load, air flow and the laundry room environment. After the initial 6 minutes when the time is calculated, the machine then runs for that amount of time."

In other words, the sensor does not "sense" the present load but stops at some predicted time regardless of the dryness of the load. Further, the representative said only "delicates" should be dried on the delicate setting. Jeans, sweaters, and other items that would shrink at high temperature are not "delicates." He suggested drying them on the timer on low temperature. While this does work, it means the sensor settings are useless.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Speed Queen?

Original review: March 4, 2019

September 2018 we purchased the new washer. We had heard that they were a top notch machine since they were considered commercial. Well last night we had the machine shred plastic into our drum. We have no idea what happened. Today is Sunday so I have to wait until tomorrow to contact the supplier for service. Since the shredding of plastic was so bizarre I decided tonight to read some reviews to see if anyone else had this issue. Lo and behold sure enough Suresha of San Anselmo, CA posted a review about this exact same issue on Jan 20, 2019. Seems this machine is a lemon and defective.

I will be taking this information to the store where we purchased our machine. I do not even want to go thru what she already went thru. I will see what our distributor does to correct this problem but I don't see anything other than replacing it with a new machine and even that based on the other reviews I have read about Speed Queen I don't want to stay with Speed Queen but I may have to just to try and get some of my money out of it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Speed Queen are worth the money and are great in performance. Are fully made in the USA and are easy to install and use. Service from the seller was very clean and great and should I ever have to move will take them with me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We bought this because it was big and the salesman said it was reliable and it fit our budget. So far so good. It seems to do a pretty good job cleaning our clothes. Our old washer and dryer were Maytag and they lasted 22 years and cleaned well. At the time we were buying new ones we needed something less expensive. They seem to be doing a good job.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This dryer consistently takes at least two cycles to dry clothes. The exhaust duct has been checked to be clean and Speed Queen serviceman has stated there is nothing wrong with this dryer. We bought this brand because they are the brand you see in laundromats and it has been reliable but I hate to think of the money wasted on drying each load at least twice.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Speed Queen is a commercial grade washer that sells to residential customers. Commercial washers require the hottest water temps so Speed Queen can draw hot water separately. It has a stainless steel drum, and the parts are constructed to handle large, constant laundromat loads. If a buyer is looking for a machine with aesthetics, this isn’t it, but I happily sacrifice style for the hottest wash and cleanest clothes.

Speed Queen Company Information