Sleep Outfitter's

Need a good mattress?

Sleep Outfitter's

Need a good mattress?

Sleep Outfitter's Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

BUYERS BEWARE!!!! First mattress purchased started sagging. We returned the mattress and upgraded to a Tempur-pedic. Paid $1300 total for the Tempur-pedic and now it is sagging. The salesman had told us we would be stuck with the Tempur-pedic brand when we exchanged. He failed to mention 8 yrs of warranty would be voided. We called to have the defective Tempur-pedic exchanged and that's when we were informed our warranty was voided. The salesman was a complete jerk and now we are stuck with junk. Both my boyfriend and myself wake up in pain every day! I will never buy anything from Sleep Outfitter's again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Salesman was smooth talking. He was extremely arrogant. I think he would say anything to make a sale. My 72 year old husband and I are both fighting cancer. We wanted a Tempur-Pedic with an adjustable base. I told the pushy salesman over and over and over that I did not think it would fit our antique bed. Without actually listening to my reasons that I didn’t think it could work. He was quick to assure me it would work. Today was delivery day and I was correct. The delivery men were superb and they knew it would not work before unloading it. I called the know-it-all salesman who immediately became a rude disrespectful smart aleck who blamed it all on me. I think we could still use the Tempur-Pedic mattress on a regular foundation.

We spent over $4,000 on the mattress and base. I wish I knew if a regular Tempur-Pedic foundation would fit our antique bed. We are getting a refund, but I wish the smart aleck salesman would have listened and let me ask if the regular foundation would work. We are so disappointed. We have furniture moved so we could get the mattress into the bedroom. At our age and health, we have to find someone to put the furniture back into place. And now we have nothing for all our trouble. It would have perfect if we had been offered the regular base And even better to have been offered a discount on a mattress and foundation that would have worked. All we have is the frustration in trying to buy a $4000 mattress.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2019

It was refreshing to walk into a store and not be hassled or feel pushed into buying something more than what I was looking for. Ben took the time to listen to us and actually help us find the mattress we wanted and at the price we wanted, which the prices are amazing compared to other tempurpedic retailers. I would recommend Sleep Outfitter's in Lewisburg WV to anyone looking for a new bed. Great experience and felt good to be treated like a person instead of a dollar sign walking through the door.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered a bed foundation at sleepoutfitters.com and they arrived used and damaged. I contacted them and Jackie rudely informed me that they came new and that I had to send pics to prove that they were used. I did. Now I have to wait to see what they will do if anything. I'll never order from them again. You're not even allowed to return items to the store. The store employees and online agents are extremely rude and unprofessional. They refuse to help. It is all about selling used/damaged items to the consumer for money. Beware of them! I warn you, beware of this store!!! I will be going to BBB. I just don't see a resolution being made here.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Their warranty means nothing. Mattress is terrible, I want to upgrade, pay hundreds more for better mattress, base was damaged. They won’t do anything for me. Regret this purchase, would not recommend to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Innovative Mattress Solutions?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I purchased a Sealy Kelburn II on 31 JAN 2019. My in-store experience went very well. I felt well informed about the mattress and what to expect. I have slept on the mattress twice since then. It is too soon to tell about the quality and sleep experience. I was told the delivery days are Mondays and Fridays. I was told my mattress would be delivered on 08 FEB 2019. I worked the night of the 7th, so I set my mattress set outside that night before leaving for work. I have been robbed before, so I do not allow strangers into my house any longer. It rained. My mattress was not delivered as I was told.

I called around 12:30 that Friday to find out when it would be delivered. The salesperson told me he would check and call me back in 20-30 minutes. At 5:30 p.m. I called him back. I was told it was on backorder and they could deliver it on Monday. I then asked why I was not informed about the change, the salesperson at the store said he did not know the answer to that question. I slept on the couch for the weekend.

Monday morning, 11 FEB 2019 at approximately 0830 I called customer service to ask why I had not been informed of the change. The person with whom I spoke stated that was always the date. She repeated that line to me 5 times. She then connected me to her supervisor where I left a message about my experience and to get to the bottom of the wrong delivery date. I was not contacted again. This is now Thursday morning 14 FEB 2019. The delivery date printed on my receipt is for 31 DEC 2049. I guess I was lucky it didn't take 30 YEARS. Because of their lack of communication between store and warehouse, I strongly advise people to shop elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I bought a Tempurpedic mattress about 6 weeks ago. Spent a LOT. My back pain is worse; when I called and asked about returning it, they said they don’t do returns. Talked to the store, then called corporate. They could care less. Told me I am basically ‘stuck’ with it unless I want to get a different mattress. The woman at the store told me I couldn’t return it because they couldn’t resell it. My question is, if I exchange it, what would they do with it? Resell it, I’m sure. I was NEVER told I couldn’t return it when making the purchase. Corporate's response was ‘I don’t know why you weren’t told that.’ It’s a racket; I’ll never shop there again, and would encourage others to not shop there either. I did research, but wish I had read these reviews before purchasing. Their business practices are shady at best.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have had a time with Sleep Outfitter's. The first time we went to the Paducah location a blonde girl I think her name is Bri "helped" us but really just pointed out her favorite mattress and told us how expensive the Tempurs were. So we thought we decided on a mattress (without her help since she just stared at us) and it was HORRIBLE. She didn't even write up the ticket like we wanted when we left, so I had to drive another hour to go back and tell Doug that we wanted the purchase. Side note: I had called for two days straight and no answer. We finally got one of the Sealy medium firm Posturepedic with ALL the help from Doug and it made my back hurt every single day.

It was an awful experience. So when we went back, apparently she was our associate that got the sale, even though she did absolutely NOTHING for us. So Doug helped us to pick out this mattress after describing my back pain, and he suggested an adjustable base. It's not amazing like I thought it would be for the money, but oh well. I had no choice, either pay the $120 exchange fee for a new mattress or have chronic back pain for life. So we sucked it up. And even though Doug STILL did all the work, she got the commision. Doug is a wonderful salesman, but this blonde needs to find a different specialty because selling is not one of her strong suits. I will not be returned to Sleep Outfitter's for any more purchases.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I'll keep this brief. After spending $6500 on a mattress and adjustable base the base was delivered w/ mold or something on it. The base was missing feet. It was supposed to be new. They tell me it's used. I told them to take their used equipment and leave. They had to reassemble my bed. Since it was a Sleep Number, it had deflated and now I cannot get it to inflate. I couldn't be more unhappy or more untrusting of a company that would sell floor models for new. Stay away from these crooks!!!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I purchased a mattress from the Hendersonville TN store. My sales person, Victoria **, provided excellent service and was very knowledgeable on mattresses, of course I did my homework on buying a mattress before going there. She talk to me about what I was looking for in a mattress. Once I gave her this info, she recommended the perfect mattress for me and I am 100 percent satisfied.

Sleep Outfitter's Company Information