2. Homeowners

Sleep Outfitter's

Sleep Outfitter's
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Sleep Outfitter's Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2018

When the $700 Pillowtop Queen Mattress was delivered, it felt firm and great first day. By the next day after one night's sleep, it formed a dip in the middle - noticeable enough you could kneel by the mattress and look across it and see the dip - I called, and they asked me to wait a week to see if it smooths out. It was getting worse by the time I called back - With two people on it, we would literally roll towards the center towards each other and it felt like the mattress I was replacing that was 15 years old with squeaky bouncy effect.

By the time, they sent a replacement (it was back ordered so took a few weeks), the first mattress was cavernous in the middle. Same with the second as the first - great first time I laid on it, noticeably softened in middle by next day. Terrible back pain from trying to hold myself to one side and not roll towards center when second person was on it. Called within week, and I will say the salesperson was very helpful in trying to get it switched out but she encouraged me to switch to a foam mattress and especially pushed towards the Tempurpedic which is $300 higher plus delivery fee equalling another $413(as a discounted floor model which means tons of people have been trying it since 2014 and only partial warranty left, which has to be handled with Tempurpedic who has horrible ratings, reviews online). The other option she proposed was a $300 higher hybrid or a clearance foam mattress that had no protection, warranty or return options. I called customer service to inform them I'm not okay with any of the other options. The mattress is so bad now, less than one month after delivery, that the side I have been sleeping on has softened to the point my body lays in an s curve on it. If this mattress were "firm" like it was sold to me as and felt like it did in the store or first day, I Despite sending me two mattresses in a row that were completely defective, customer service informed me I do not have just returning it for a refund as an option without paying a 10% stocking fee. Was told by sales people after this second defective mattress that if I want a good mattress, I need to spend another $400.If that's the case, I should have been told that from the get go. Why would I want to spend more on a mattress from a company that is trapping people with poor products and making money off of the returns? New mattresses shouldn't degrade like this/feel like used mattresses being pawned off on you when spending upwards of 1k. When I brought the problem up to my son, he relayed that his best friend just had the same issue and we discovered he bought it from the same store. Pretty sure this company is just taking advantage of people using credit line and selling them junk. Do yourself a favor and trust the reviews online about this company. Reporting here, BBB and County Attorney.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I purchased a mattress from the Hendersonville TN store. My sales person, Victoria **, provided excellent service and was very knowledgeable on mattresses, of course I did my homework on buying a mattress before going there. She talk to me about what I was looking for in a mattress. Once I gave her this info, she recommended the perfect mattress for me and I am 100 percent satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Very unsatisfactory experience with Sleep Outfitters. Purchased a mattress set and knew immediately it was not going to work for my wife and I. They insist you sleep on it for 30 days. I have had several shoulder surgeries and during the first night I woke up screaming in pain 3 times. Contacted the store and they said they can't do an exchange or return until 30 days. So we stored the mattress set in a spare bedroom and went back to using our old mattress. They also claimed that if we return the mattress set, they'll charge a 10% return fee, NOT what the official corporate website had listed. Only after emailing the corporate office did I get confirmation that a $150 return fee be charged. Seems they change the conditions when they print your invoice for delivery.

Other conditions in the fine print show they really don't want to honor their exchange or return policy. For example, if you don't buy their mattress cover, as soon as the original shipping plastic is removed. All exchanges/returns are nullified. In our case, the delivery personnel removed the plastic while it was still on the truck in the driveway! Glad we purchased their mattress cover. Then the final beef. On the 30th day, I called the store to arrange for return pickup. Talked to Brenda on 1/29/18 and 1/30/18 and pickup was confirmed for 2/3/18. We sat at home all day waiting. No calls, no one showed. I called the store at 1700 and they informed me the pickup was moved to 2/6/18. Nice, they could have informed me.

I should also mention Sleep Outfitters is part of a conglomerate of mattress retailers; Sleep Outfitter's and Mattress Warehouse are joined at the hip - part of Innovative Mattress Solutions (IMS). With this experience, I will NEVER set foot in their stores again and will be sure to warn as many as possible of their tactics. They aren't honest at all.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I want to thank Richard ** (the store manager there in Etown). My wife and myself have had back trouble and went to Richard to find one after shopping for the best value and explained that we needed something to last that was comfortable and that was in our budget and he fixed us up very nicely. I would highly recommend anybody that needed a good deal on a mattress with a polite and professional salesman to go see Richard @ Sleep Outfitters in Elizabethtown.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Bought a California king mattress. Was told it would be 72 x 84. We get the bed and tag says 72 x 83. We measure the bed and it's 72 x 81 1/2. I call the store, they say the size can vary within 1 inch. I was no math genius but 84-81 1/2 still seems way more than 1 inch. They con us to come in and buy a Tempur-Pedic that is factory cut, still 72 x 82. STILL 2 INCHES SHORT!!! I wouldn't care but if your husband is 6' 6" (78" long standing) the extra length can make a huge difference. When called, the customer service people are smart ** if it was just us, maybe I would think it was just a fluke but the same had happened to my parents. Over it!!!

I said in store "you mean there isn't a company on this planet that makes longer beds? I feel sorry for Shaq." The response was "you can get one if you want it custom made." Well mister smarty pants salesman, you may have seen that as an opportunity to sell a custom made bed. Shame shame!!! You lost your commission and I hope your job, you insensitive display of matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Innovative Mattress Solutions?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Purchased base and mattress king bed from Dickson, TN in June 2017. Unfortunately the base has not worked since day one. I was told by ** that since my bed was sitting on hardwood floor I would need to purchase coasters. I informed Mr. ** before I purchased the bed, I had hardwood floors. I also tried to get in touch with ** several times to discuss the issue with the base and the request to have a different mattress, albeit he would take more than 1 week, several times to respond. At one time 3 weeks plus went by before I had to call him and I quote "oh I thought this was already taken care of".

I have been given the runaround for three months now and I still have no base that is working correctly and since Mr. ** took so long to get "their ducks in a row", so to speak, I can't return my original mattress that I do not want. This has been the worst experience I have ever had and will continue my quest to have my monies returned. I will contact social media and a lawyer regarding the LEMON LAW very soon.

Original review: April 2, 2017

Just bought bed and mattress at 1228 Eads Parkway in Lawrenceburg, In. The associate ** was very helpful in finding just what I needed and could afford. The Sealy mattress is extremely comfortable and the adjustable bed just what I will need after my surgery. A very pleasant experience. Thank You.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Thank you ** for his assistance in purchasing the bed in the price range I was looking for. He is very knowledgeable and understanding what I was looking for. The Store located is 4172 Buckeye Parkway I Grove City Ohio 43123.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

This is my first purchase at Sleep Outfitter's and it was pleasant, indeed. After reviewing their newspaper advertisement and seeing several items that met my needs, my wife and I decided to make an in-store visit. Every item advertised was in-stock and on display for evaluation. I found the sleep set I wanted to purchase, told the sales person all the items and services I needed and committed to purchase if their best combined out the door price was quoted "Using a Very Sharp Pencil." The price was better than I expected, I said, "SOLD" and was in and out of the store, very happy. All within a period of 45 minutes. A very pleasant buying experience and recommend the Cool Springs Store and staff without reservation.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Contacted company regarding complaint of coil twanging noise within 6 months of purchase, they sent delivery guys out, they measured depth of foam impression instead of listening to my complaint of coil twanging noise near head of mattress, company sent me a letter with service code TILLC13618, which did not address the issue, side stepped to foam impression again. Apparently since can't see coils that are undone there is no claim.

Sleep Outfitter's Company Information