Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Singer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I would expect a well known name like Singer to produce quality machines. The Prelude is hands down the most useless piece of crap I've ever sewn with. It constantly jams, cracks needles, has tension issues, loosening screws, goes two speeds, not moving and jet fast, the bobbin thread snaps, it jams CONSTANTLY. I've ruined thousands in clothing and am considering a lawsuit. Anyone know a good faulty product lawyer let me know. I hope everyone involved with the making and selling of these gets cancer.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I received a Singer Heavy Duty 4423 as a gift last year after my old machine died after 20 solid years of excellent performance. I have to say, within a month, it started having every single problem you can imagine under the sun. Tension, timing, bobbin casing, jamming, thread tangling and coming off of the guides to create massive havoc on my life. It goes 2 speeds - off and way too fast. I even caught my finger and stitched it up nicely. There’s a first for everything! I’ve already had to replace the throat plate because the needles kept getting damaged and had chewed giant chunks off the plate.

My latest and last problem, the foot presser pressure. The dial has no identifying markings for “standard”, and the instructions tell you to “remember how far you turned it, so you can turn it back”. The instructions also have a troubleshooting section at the end that indicate possible issues and what needs to be fixed, then recommends you go back to the part in the book where they tell you how to fix it, but never did! Not anywhere! I’ve read it a thousand times over, and have gone online to read the same manual - nowhere. Don’t buy this garbage. I can’t sew to make my income now, and can’t afford to trade this in without being able to sew. ** Singer!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Best about Singer 8280 machine. Hi All, I would like to share my experience about Singer sewing machines. After reviewing the bad negative comments I really don’t want to buy the Singer brand. But when I visited the Singer Company showroom shop in Pondicherry I was really impressed by the way they teached. Special thanks to Mr. ** sir Who guide me to buy the right machine for my right purpose. He explained detailedly the do and don't. I simply followed. Now I am really very very happy. Thank you ** Sir.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Please know that I am an experienced seamstress, having sewn for multiple decades. I wanted and expected to love this Singer 4423 Sewing machine. Unfortunately, I have learned two very valuable lessons. #1 - do not buy Singer and #2 - immediately and thoroughly test & use any purchased item. Mistake #1: Believing that the Singer brand equates with quality. This 4423 machine was made in Vietnam. I honestly thought, prior to now, that purchasing an established Name brand such as Singer would be a smart move. Currently, I believe Singer has sold the name to inferior product-manufacturing locations. Quality and durability are no longer part of this brand and customer service does not exist. The manual is poorly written and in several instances, inaccurate. Someone who actually sews should do the writing and editing of any sewing manual!

Mistake #2 - not thoroughly testing the machine within the 30 day warranty period. So this weekend I opened and started using the machine. I read every word in the manual and watched all of the introductory Singer videos on YouTube (they are quite good, actually); so I felt well prepared. Sadly, the machine will not sew. Thread breaks after just two or three stitches, needle threader never worked, and now, after just two painful loud clanking seams in cotton fabric, the sewing mechanism is frozen. I re-studied all of the troubleshooting ideas online and in the manual and then, finally in tears, gave up. Today I called the Singer customer service. They will NOT help me other than to inform me that the warranty has expired and my best option is to have the machine professionally serviced, at my expense. I am the owner of a new but broken machine.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a Singer serger online from Singer Sewing Company December 13, 2018 for Christmas. The machine was delivered December 17, 2018. It had been shipped unprotected in its retail box, was smashed with a gaping hole on one end. I immediately contacted Singer Customer Care, sent them a photo, and advised them the box's condition was unacceptable. I received a shipping label December 19, 2018 to return the machine for a refund. That was the last I heard from Singer Sewing Company until January 8, 2019 when I filed a BBB complaint against the company. I had emailed Customer Care December 28, 2018, January 3, 2019, January 8, 2019 requesting follow-up on the status of my refund without a reply.

The day I filed the BBB complaint, I received a reply from Customer Care apologizing for their lack of response with a litany of excuses having to do with short holiday work weeks to warehouse closure for inventory. My reply to them was that my refund request had begun before the holiday and year end inventory. Had they not been contacted by BBB to respond to my complaint, I do not believe I would have heard from these people the same day as my complaint. They would have arrogantly been satisfied to have me wait however long it took for the refund to show on my credit card account. I closed the BBB complaint upon learning that my refund was showing in my account the following day. This is to me the ultimate cautionary tale of Branding. A company's brand is only as good as its least satisfied customer however long and established the name.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singer?

Original review: July 21, 2018

I purchased one of Singer's Classic 44S sewing machines and have problems with the bobbin jamming up. I tried several times to contact Singer from the number they provided 1 800 474 6437 with the machine but all I keep getting is, "Sorry that number is not available." If they want to stay in business they need to do a better job with their customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Worst sewing machine... I bought Singer talent one year ago. They gave us demo which is not up to the mark. It stops working for every 2 months. I have to rush to showroom which is 25 km away from my place. As soon as I bought there is some issue. The showroom guy says it is grove issue mainly bobbin case in this machine very sensitive and costly. So I would suggest not to buy this model at all.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

While moving last yr. I noticed that a part was missing from my 9100, Ok. No problem. Yes BIG problem!!! Started right at Singer sewing company. Had all information necessary to confirm my machine. I was told that yes they still make the model. Ok. This part I need was called several different things, NONE panned out to be the real part. I located different DEALERS, still no part. The closest one to me was 40 miles one way and they don't deliver. OMG place it the mail!!! Been dealing with this for over a year! The last person I talked to said she would TRY to get the part, if she could even order it. It will take 6-8 weeks. No guarantee it going to be the right part. Singer use to be the bomb.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Got this Singer for my wife last Christmas 15, she used it 3 times before the timing went out on it. We live in Ohio and there are only 3 authorities repair places in Ohio. Surprise 1 of the dealers retired... Road trip... 3 hours to Columbus, Ohio. Over a 8 month backlog on repairs... ha, ha, got the machine back $170.00 later. My wife used it twice and you will never guess what happened... timing went out, who would of guessed. Do not buy one of The Curvy 8763 POS, and save your money on repairs and just blast it with your shotgun.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I had Singer Carpets install carpet and WPC flooring in my house in August. I sent Brad ** pictures of the work I was unhappy with. He came over and said that he would fix it. He sent Oscar a worker over to fix things. He said he had to order material. I called Brad and he made an appointment for November 2 to have the threshold fixed in the entry way to get fixed. I waited and called him but he wouldn't return my calls. I have a handyman now over to fix the mess. He told me there was a lot of things that were done wrong. I have paid Singer Carpets all but $1,000. Brad said he was financing interest-free for 6 months. Instead I was sent a credit card with the amount I owed him. I've been paying it because I don't want to ruin my credit.

Singer Company Information