2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Singer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singer?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I bought the Quantum 9960, machine looked beautiful and for the first few months ran great. Then all of a sudden the machines automatic thread cutter started making a funny noise, cleaned it, worked fine for two weeks and it did it again.. Again cleaned it. Was fine for a few more days. Was sewing along when the thread starting getting one rat's nest after another. I called the number in the book and had nothing but trouble getting through. Finally got a number and the customer service rep told me that being as I bought it off amazon my warranty was basically null and void! I spent a lot of money in this machine and it was 9 months old and it went for crap!

I spoke to a reputable singer repairman in a local town who said that it was the automatic thread cutter that sparked a lot of issues ... after a bit of use it tends to start to disrupt the bobbin casing.. Some sort of shifting... Long story short he said they aren't worth fixing! I can send over 125 bucks Canadian for a bobbin casing plus whatever it costs for the thread cutter.. but I will have the same issue again and again as it's a poorly designed system. So.. here I am with what looks to be a beautiful machine that's now useless! Apparently the warranty isn't any good. Angry.. yep.. I have other places I could have spent that amount of money!!!!

Singer response

We are very sorry for the issues you have experienced with your sewing machine. A SINGER team member will be sending you a private message to see if there's anything we can do to help.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I mistakenly purchased two sewing machine and I tried calling to cancel. They had me on hold from 9am till 4pm and never answered. I tried emailing them and never received a response back. I never got a confirmation email with order number. NOTHING!!! At this point I want to cancel all and get back my refund. This didn't make any sense, and they sure cannot blame it on Covid because Amazon get way more customers and you can still get to talk to them.

Singer response

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. A SINGER team member will be sending you a message to get your order information and to help resolve this issue.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

After waiting for months for the 9960q to come back in stock I got an alert that Walmart had some. They sold out before I could order. Bought one from Staples but they cancelled cause they were out of stock. Found one on Amazon, ordered it, received it, studied videos and manual. I sent in my warranty info. I started to sew but Bobbin Thread wouldn’t come up. Called Singer warranty for assistance and was told she couldn’t help because my warranty wasn’t any good because I didn’t buy it through an authorized seller. I guess the machine was being sold by a third party on Amazon. I had to pack up the machine and send it back. If Singer isn’t going to warranty their machines bought legitimately then they sure do need to advertise that. Is Walmart, Staples, JoAnns, Wayfair, etc legitimate? I don’t know. I live in a small town hours from a big city, my purchasing availability is limited.

Hi Jan,

We are very sorry to hear that your machine was giving you issues and that the machine wasn't covered by our warranty. A team member will be reaching out to you shortly to see if we can assist you further with this issue.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I placed an order for serger needles directly with the Singer company on June 4, 2020. The order confirmation stated it would take 7 -21 days for shipment due to the Covid virus. As of today, July 19, 2020 I still have not received the needles. I attempted to call them, that was a joke. Next I tried to email and got an automated response telling me nothing new. I have just sent another email. I don't expect a response on that one either. At this point I am ready to sell my 3 Singer machines and find another provider. Don't deal with them if you value your sanity.

Singer response

Hi Karol. We are very sorry that you have not received an update on your order of serger needles. That should have not happened. I will send you a private message to get your order number and contact information so that we can assist you with this issue as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 14, 2020

This company uses deceiving practices. My wife and I bought a refurbished sewing machine. The machine looked very old and was missing a sitting support when received, so we requested for a returned which was accepted after waiting on the phone over an hour to talk with a singer.com representative. The refund money has not been received “even” after singer received their sewing machine over a month ago. Info and facts:

1. Purchase order: **
      2. Date of purchase: 06/03/2020
      3. Customer: Mary **
      4. Total Charged: $158.99
      5. Item returned and received by Nelson on Friday 06/12/2020
      6. Tracking # **
      7. Singer.com policy (I got Picture from singer.com website) says: “From the time we receive your return, it may take up to 3 weeks to process your refund. The refund will be processed to the form of payment used for the original purchase.”
      8. IT HAS BEEN ALREADY OVER ONE MONTH. NO MONEY REFUNDED YET!!!! Called customer service over a week ago (which takes over an hour). And Susan said refunds take a month to be credited. Well, it has been over a month and no money yet. And also, singer.com website states 3 weeks not a month.
      9. My personal experience. Never buy from a company like this unless you expect no reliable customer service and probably your money to be lost or stolen from a company that is being around for long very long time.

10. Personal experience: Deceiving working class people while board of directors, and top management make hundreds of thousands of dollars looks like a rip-off.

Sincerely,

Ron and Mary

Singer response

Hi Ron, we are very sorry to hear that you have not yet received your refund and that the processing time is taking longer than it should. Please send us a private message with your purchase order and name, and we will make sure that you will receive your refund as soon as possible.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I absolutely love this sewing machine! Tons of features and the stitches come out great. I had some issues getting my email correct when creating my account, and had to contact Singer's customer service to get it corrected. It took a few hours to hear back from them, but they were very helpful. I am sure these issues, and the time it took, were affected by Covid-19. Other than that I had no issues using their site.

Resolution response: July 27, 2020

They did eventually get back to me and send the part that I had paid for.

Original review: June 12, 2020

A few months ago I ordered 2 bobbin cases and paid for 2. When I opened the order there was only 1. I tried calling and got a recording that it's best to e-mail. I've now e-mailed twice. I understand that mistakes happen, but when a company does not make fixing that mistake a priority I stop using them. I'm lucky it's just a $7 bobbin, but I would caution anyone who is making a larger purchase, as their quality assurance for their orders don't seem to be very good.

Singer response

Hello Kristen. We apologize that you did not receive a response back about your order. We have increased our staff so we are ready and happy to help remedy your order. Please contact us by filling out the form located at https://www.singer.com/Contact-Us and, rest assured, you will receive help from our Customer Care team.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I, like some on these reviews, ordered a sewing machine on their website. When I completed the purchase I got an email from Paypal in Chinese writing with a fake email. I contacted my bank but they could not stop debit. I got an email with an more Chinese writing. It has been three weeks and I still haven't received my sewing machine. Why hasn't anyone done anything about these scammers. I emailed PayPal and they didn't help. I can't even talk to anyone on the phone. IT is frustrating. How can their website be hacked? I really thought they were a reliable company. I tried contacting them and they do not take calls right now. I don't know what to do to stop people from having that happen to them too. My email came from someone named ** beware!

Singer response

Hi Tori. Unfortunately, the website you ordered from is not affiliated with Singer and is a fraudulent site. Our site is www.singer.com without variation and we do not accept Paypal as a form of payment. If you know the name of the website and the URL, please email it to talktous@singerco.com. We will then have our Legal and IT department work to have the fraudulent website shut down. We are very sorry that this happened to you.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I am not sure about anyone else but I will never purchase from again! I bought a sewing machine. I don't even remember what kind it was, as it has been over a month now and still no machine. Paid through Paypal yet no info on seller except chinese words I can't even read. No confirmation email. No website to check back with. Nothing. I got this new machine in hopes I could help my family by making them masks. I'm so glad our lives didn't depend on this damn thing. We would all be dead. Now I'll try to work with paypal to get my money back.

Singer response

Hi Jamie. Unfortunately, it sounds like the website you ordered from is a fraudulent website. Our site is www.singer.com without variation and we do not accept Paypal as a form of payment. If you know the name of the website and the URL, please email it to talktous@singerco.com. We will then have our Legal and IT department work to have the fraudulent website shut down. We are very sorry to hear that this happened to you and we are working diligently to have these scam websites removed.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I paid $30 more buying directly from the manufacturer, I waited on hold for over 1 hour and 40 mins to reach a person and I was told they don’t price match. Don’t buy directly from them. Shop the retailers you’ll find a better price and if you have a problem you will probably have less of a hold time.

Singer response

Hello Sandra, we are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the pricing on our site. We hope you'll give us another try.

Singer Company Information