2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Singer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Singer?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 19, 2020

I placed an order for serger needles directly with the Singer company on June 4, 2020. The order confirmation stated it would take 7 -21 days for shipment due to the Covid virus. As of today, July 19, 2020 I still have not received the needles. I attempted to call them, that was a joke. Next I tried to email and got an automated response telling me nothing new. I have just sent another email. I don't expect a response on that one either. At this point I am ready to sell my 3 Singer machines and find another provider. Don't deal with them if you value your sanity.

Singer response

Hi Karol. We are very sorry that you have not received an update on your order of serger needles. That should have not happened. I will send you a private message to get your order number and contact information so that we can assist you with this issue as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 14, 2020

This company uses deceiving practices. My wife and I bought a refurbished sewing machine. The machine looked very old and was missing a sitting support when received, so we requested for a returned which was accepted after waiting on the phone over an hour to talk with a singer.com representative. The refund money has not been received “even” after singer received their sewing machine over a month ago. Info and facts:

1. Purchase order: **
    2. Date of purchase: 06/03/2020
    3. Customer: Mary **
    4. Total Charged: $158.99
    5. Item returned and received by Nelson on Friday 06/12/2020
    6. Tracking # **
    7. Singer.com policy (I got Picture from singer.com website) says: “From the time we receive your return, it may take up to 3 weeks to process your refund. The refund will be processed to the form of payment used for the original purchase.”
    8. IT HAS BEEN ALREADY OVER ONE MONTH. NO MONEY REFUNDED YET!!!! Called customer service over a week ago (which takes over an hour). And Susan said refunds take a month to be credited. Well, it has been over a month and no money yet. And also, singer.com website states 3 weeks not a month.
    9. My personal experience. Never buy from a company like this unless you expect no reliable customer service and probably your money to be lost or stolen from a company that is being around for long very long time.

10. Personal experience: Deceiving working class people while board of directors, and top management make hundreds of thousands of dollars looks like a rip-off.

Sincerely,

Ron and Mary

Singer response

Hi Ron, we are very sorry to hear that you have not yet received your refund and that the processing time is taking longer than it should. Please send us a private message with your purchase order and name, and we will make sure that you will receive your refund as soon as possible.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I absolutely love this sewing machine! Tons of features and the stitches come out great. I had some issues getting my email correct when creating my account, and had to contact Singer's customer service to get it corrected. It took a few hours to hear back from them, but they were very helpful. I am sure these issues, and the time it took, were affected by Covid-19. Other than that I had no issues using their site.

Resolution response: July 27, 2020

They did eventually get back to me and send the part that I had paid for.

Original review: June 12, 2020

A few months ago I ordered 2 bobbin cases and paid for 2. When I opened the order there was only 1. I tried calling and got a recording that it's best to e-mail. I've now e-mailed twice. I understand that mistakes happen, but when a company does not make fixing that mistake a priority I stop using them. I'm lucky it's just a $7 bobbin, but I would caution anyone who is making a larger purchase, as their quality assurance for their orders don't seem to be very good.

Singer response

Hello Kristen. We apologize that you did not receive a response back about your order. We have increased our staff so we are ready and happy to help remedy your order. Please contact us by filling out the form located at https://www.singer.com/Contact-Us and, rest assured, you will receive help from our Customer Care team.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I, like some on these reviews, ordered a sewing machine on their website. When I completed the purchase I got an email from Paypal in Chinese writing with a fake email. I contacted my bank but they could not stop debit. I got an email with an more Chinese writing. It has been three weeks and I still haven't received my sewing machine. Why hasn't anyone done anything about these scammers. I emailed PayPal and they didn't help. I can't even talk to anyone on the phone. IT is frustrating. How can their website be hacked? I really thought they were a reliable company. I tried contacting them and they do not take calls right now. I don't know what to do to stop people from having that happen to them too. My email came from someone named ** beware!

Singer response

Hi Tori. Unfortunately, the website you ordered from is not affiliated with Singer and is a fraudulent site. Our site is www.singer.com without variation and we do not accept Paypal as a form of payment. If you know the name of the website and the URL, please email it to talktous@singerco.com. We will then have our Legal and IT department work to have the fraudulent website shut down. We are very sorry that this happened to you.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I am not sure about anyone else but I will never purchase from again! I bought a sewing machine. I don't even remember what kind it was, as it has been over a month now and still no machine. Paid through Paypal yet no info on seller except chinese words I can't even read. No confirmation email. No website to check back with. Nothing. I got this new machine in hopes I could help my family by making them masks. I'm so glad our lives didn't depend on this damn thing. We would all be dead. Now I'll try to work with paypal to get my money back.

Singer response

Hi Jamie. Unfortunately, it sounds like the website you ordered from is a fraudulent website. Our site is www.singer.com without variation and we do not accept Paypal as a form of payment. If you know the name of the website and the URL, please email it to talktous@singerco.com. We will then have our Legal and IT department work to have the fraudulent website shut down. We are very sorry to hear that this happened to you and we are working diligently to have these scam websites removed.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I paid $30 more buying directly from the manufacturer, I waited on hold for over 1 hour and 40 mins to reach a person and I was told they don’t price match. Don’t buy directly from them. Shop the retailers you’ll find a better price and if you have a problem you will probably have less of a hold time.

Singer response

Hello Sandra, we are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the pricing on our site. We hope you'll give us another try.

Original review: May 19, 2020

On May 8, 2020 I purchased a Singer SE300 sewing & embroidery machine. I paid with my PayPal account. As I was finished the transaction I noticed that all of my shipping and billing was right but the state had changed from Delaware to Alabama. I tried to call and write an email to Cpcustomer@188.com telling them of the mistake. I got NO response. I even went to PayPal for help, they were NO help either. So, I guess I'm out of $99.00 and a sewing machine.

Singer response

Hi Christine. Unfortunately, the website you ordered from sounds like a fraudulent website and is not affiliated with Singer. Our official website is www.singer.com without variation and we do not accept Paypal as a form of payment. If you know the name of the website and the URL, please email it to talktous@singerco.com. We will then have our Legal and IT department work to have the fraudulent website shut down. We are very sorry that this happened to you.

Original review: May 6, 2020

On May 2, 2020 I tried to order one sewing machine that was showing in stock. When ordering I got an ERROR messages saying problem processing credit card, tried a different credit card so got same error. I assumed the orders were not placed since their system was not processing. I received no order confirmations, Then the next day I noticed I have been charges pending on both of my Credit Cards and still have not received order confirmations, I can not get anyone on the phone, sent numerous emails with no response!!! I only wanted one sewing machine in the first place and am now being charged for two.

Try to call daily and get recording that hangs up on you. I have emailed more than once to cancel both orders even though I have no confirmations, no reply from Singer.com as of today. Because charges show pending my banks can not do anything, so the $ amounts are on hold, lessening the $ amount available to use on my cards until Singer does something. This should not have happened in the first place especially with a major well known company. Still trying to cancel and have charges removed.

Singer response

We are sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience with your May order. We take all of our customer concerns very seriously and COVID-19 has significantly impacted our ability to serve you. We have worked around the clock to improve our checkout process and service levels. We hope that you'll give us another try. Should you still need help, our Customer Care email link is https://www.singer.com/Contact-Us

Original review: April 30, 2020

Singer debited my credit card 4 times. After waiting on hold for 2 hours, the only thing I was told was the charges are pending and that there is no order. I will need to wait 7-10 days before the charges are dropped. I was informed there was an error with their system and that is why I was charged. They said it is my bank's fault not theirs. I told her I will need an email from them stating there is no order to sent to my bank to have pending charges removed. She said as soon as they can get to it I will receive the email. That is all they can do. I was very shocked that a company as big as Singer can dismiss their customer's concern. I will never purchase from them again. Beware!!!

Singer response

Hello Anita, we apologize that you had such a frustrating experience in April. We take all of our customer concerns very seriously and yes, COVID-19 has significantly impacted our ability to serve you. Since April, we have worked around the clock to improve our checkout process and service levels. We hope that you'll give us another try. Should you still need help, our Customer Care email link is https://www.singer.com/Contact-Us

Singer Company Information