Sears Lawn & Garden
1.28/5
Based on 157 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Sears Lawn & Garden

Last updated: May 14, 2018

391 Sears Lawn & Garden Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2018

I placed an online order for sears.com. Order was to be delivered May 11th. I receive email on May 12th stating it is ready for pick up. I have to pick up friend as I am handicapped and can't lift. We get to the Sears Hometown and they do not have it? So frustrating! I call Sears on Friday talk to Den and he was to get back with me. Never heard from him. So today the 14th I call to see if lawnmower is in, NO. I call Sears back. This time Sam a girl tries to assist. I needed this prior to my relatives coming in on May 17th? Still no lawnmower.

The amount of time Sears has taken me to go get a friend to get lawnmower and not there then the calls each time to Sears 20 minutes is crazy! So wrong to elderly and handicapped. Now they say I have to wait 3 days while they investigate? Really? Now this lady tells me she does not have a supervisor as I asked for one. She tells me someone will contact me within 3 days again? No one contacted me on the last 3 days like they were suppose to. Never will I use or buy thru Sears again. Sad and I will spread the word! No wonder they have lost business over the years. I tried but now I see why.

Original review: May 3, 2018

WE WILL NEVER, EVER, USE SEARS AGAIN. First, Sears won't give you anything better than a NINE-hour window (8am-5pm) for your appointment until the day of. In other words, if you work, you need to take off the entire day. In the morning, I learned (from the 800-number) that my technician would come between 1:30-3:30. When no one came by 3:30, the time frame became 2:45-4:45. Long story short, I waited home all day and the technician didn't even call until 5:30. (At which point it was too late--I had to be somewhere at 6:00). The technician said someone would call to reschedule. No one did. Any self-respecting company would have a technician there the next morning. Instead, when I called following day, the first appointment they could offer was 3 1/2 weeks in the future. This is appalling customer service: to fail fulfill your duties, then punish the customer. We will never use Sears again--for anything. I am cutting up my credit card.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I bought a gazebo from Sears and as I was putting it together I notice some of the parts were damage, but I went ahead and tried to finish the assembly just to find out one of the roof panels was missing and could not finish the assembly. The gazebo is made in China and after I called the number on the paperwork to let them know I had a missing part they sent me one email asking for more information. I emailed all the information on the gazebo along with a picture of the missing part and number of the part. Waited for another email from them and got nothing back. After a few days I called the number again and they said they would contact the manufacturer again and still no email or phone call.

After four more calls to that number I still have not heard from them. So I call Sears complaint department to see if they could take care of it. The person on the phone took all my information and told me she would look into it. After a few days without any response I call Sears again just to be told they cannot do anything for me. Now I have a 1,000 dollar gazebo sitting on my deck that we cannot use, because Sears will not stand behind their product they sold me. I have been a long time loyal customer of Sears and have a Sears credit card. But as of today I will never do business with them again and will tear up their credit card. This company needs to go under when they treat their customers like this.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Now, please understand this is not a review on the technician but is a review of Sears' process. This is the 4th service call on my snowblower in just over 5 years. Each time I call, it takes a good month to get someone out to fix it. Each time, no matter how well I maintain the unit it is the carburetor. But it is the waiting that irks me the most.

Today, I have a window of 8 to 5 (worse than waiting for the cable guy) and here it is after 3 PM. The automated call voice states now 4 to 6, but George, the CS rep says 3 to 5. I asked if that is real as it gets dark at 4 and the current temp is below zero with the wind chill. I feel bad for the tech having to work outside in this condition. All I get as a response is, "Thank you for calling Sears and have a nice day." Then click. Pretty lame. Have had no call, no text updates, nothing all day. Meanwhile, we are stuck waiting for 9 hours. Will not buy another Sears product again and one wonders why they are slowly going out of business.''

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I scheduled the appointment a month in advance to service my snow thrower. I took a day off because I had a 8-5 window given to me. They called me the evening before and said they had no technician in the area and I could only get another appointment a month from now. Appointments are hard to come by and then they have the audacity to cancel the appointment the night before after you have waited for a month. No more Sears service for me. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I purchased a Craftsman lawn tractor from Sears Outlet in Alvin, TX on Nov. 18, 2017 and was told it was guaranteed for 30 days. The first day tractor ran very slowly about 20 minutes and died. It went back for repair and was returned to me. It started up but blades would not turn, smoked, etc. I called store and was told to take it back there was a 15% restocking fee which I could not afford. They said they would come again to look at it but did not show. When I called again I was told my 30 day guaranty time was now up. Only the factory warranty would cover fixes but not replace tractor, that had to be done in first 30 days. This problem started on Nov. 18 and has never be corrected! I don't want any more fixes, I want a new tractor or a full refund of the tractor price, taxes and the cost of the extended 3 year warranty. Can someone please help me? Sears stalled things till 30 days was up.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have had to deal with Home Repair twice and I can't believe they are still in business... Horrible! First- It takes a month for someone to get to you. Second- You get the privilege of sleeping to someone who barely speaks English. (That's most American companies these days unfortunately) Third- I received a voicemail to reschedule my appointment after I took the day off from work to be there as I was told. Then when I call to find out why I was told the repair guy called in sick and that I was going to have to wait ANOTHER MONTH for someone to fix my lawn tractor. So I missed a day of pay and will have to miss another one month from now... This will be the second time in 2 years I've had to deal with them. Maybe they should stop having their products made in China...

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I scheduled repair services on my Craftsman Riding Lawnmower 2 weeks ago. The first service date was a no show. When I called customer service the appointment was rescheduled for 4 days later. Again the service technician was a no show. I called customer service and they claimed there was a mix up by dispatch so we would have to reschedule again. Today was the third attempt and again a no show. I called customer service and they again made excuses and wanted my patience to get a service technician to my house but they could not guarantee a time or date. I have had it with Sears products, sorry service and lack of customer service. I will scrap my mower and buy something that I can get serviced.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I will never buy anything from Sears ever again. My mower kept breaking after the repairman came to fix it. They gave me three month guaranty on the repairs. The repairman never showed up for the last two appointments I made. Now they want to charge me again for the same repair that he was suppose to fix in the first place that was never fixed. I spend my whole summer trying to get my mower fixed and had to pay some else to do my lawn every week. And also the days I had to stay home all day waiting for the repairman to show up and never did. They have the worst costumer service I ever had to deal with. You try to explain the problem and is like talking to the wall. Also the quality off their products is not good anymore.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I have been a Sears customer for over 50 years and never had a problem until now. I bought the wrong size blade for my Craftsman riding mower. All I want to do is exchange them for the right size. I have no receipt and the manager says their policy is I must have a receipt less than 30 days old. The parts are Craftsman and were bought from the Sears in Montclair, Calif. I'll gladly pay any difference in price even if the price is probably higher now. IF I CAN'T get this resolved I'll NEVER step in their store again. 50 year customer willing to say ADIOS!!!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Bought a ride on lawn mower in 09/2015 with an extended warranty for three years. They put in the wrong delivery date and instead of just changing the date charged my credit card again for another lawn mower. It took 5 phone calls to have the charge removed. Then they tried to deliver the second lawn mower. When they range up the second lawn mower they put the charge in but did not carry the warranty over even though I paid for it. It's been almost two years. I have submitted all the documentation multiple times and they have told me, “You are correct. We will give you the warranty”, but here we are no warranty yet.

The tractor has broken down 4 times already. The deck has been replaced, then all the components in the deck. Then the transmission stopped working which was replaced and now it's leaking again and needs to be replaced. I asked them to just take the lawn mower back because I have refused to pay for the repairs and it would be cheaper for them just to refund me and take the lawn mower but they refused. I called the store manager today to ask what could be done. He said he had submitted the paperwork twice and if he were mean he would sue for my money back. The store manager from literally told me to sue Sears because they are so incompetent. Please do not buy anything from this store.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Dont buy a riding lawnmower from Sears. I purchased a 2013 riding lawnmower from them in 2013, within the 1st 3 months it lose compression. They came out and rebuilt the engine, that was the beginning of the end. Not long afterward I was mowing my lawn and the mower fell to the ground as I watched my front tire rolling across the front yard, they came out and replace the whole front end. The following year as I was mowing I heard an explosion and my lawn mower stopped dead in its tracks, I opened the hood to find my engine had blown apart in 2 pieces. I had them back out and they replaced the engine but to my surprise the 21hp mower I bought was now powered my a 19hp engine.

It gets better this year. The welds on the deck break so a month later they bring out a new deck, which before I can finished mowing my lawn it breaks down again. I've spent hundreds of hours being transferred all over the Philippines with no satisfaction, seems to me they've spent more money rebuilding a complete mower instead of just replacing the lemon they sold me. I would never buy a mower from Sears ever again and suggest you dont either.My first mower I bought was a craftsman, lasted 10 years with no problems, this one didn't last 3 months, in the last 3 years I've been able to use it maybe 30 times. P.S. They have the worst customer service ever, always the Philippines and being transferred from 1 person to another until you've had enough and give up. I would like to talk to somebody I can understand!

Original review: June 25, 2017

Sears Home Improvement... Sears clothing... Sears tools, ALL GARBAGE NOW! 1 season of using the 40v battery powered mower and the charger and or batteries don't allow a charge of longer than 15 minutes each. Paid over 7k for your crappy AC unit. The guys installing asked me for tools. Trashed my closet that lead into the crawlspace and didn't open the dampers. I had to go back behind them. Your clothes last a few washes and your dress shoes fell apart. Now I see why you are going out of business. So sad for a company that was once reliable.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I purchased an AWD 21" mower in late 2015 and put it into service the summer of 2016. After every use I allowed the mower to cool before both rinsing off the mower and allowing it to properly dry before storing. Before the end of the first season, deck paint began peeling around the discharge chute and the steel began rusting. I promptly took photos and spoke with the local Sears Home store that I purchased the mower from. They told me they could do nothing and that I needed to call customer service. I promptly did call customer service as explained what was happening and I was tersely and immediately told Sears provided no coverage for paint and rust problems. As I explained that the mower was only used for 3 months, I was again tersely told that Sears had no responsibility.

Today I mowed for the second time this season and noted that a large section of the paint on the top of the mower deck has peeled and the deck is rusting at that point also. CLEARLY a reputable quality house such as Sears would not accept such quality from their supplier, but the point is that there seems to be no recognition of any issue from Sears, even though the problem is VERY straightforward. No product should have paint peeling within a season of use when the care I have taken has been exemplary. Is there no satisfaction for the consumer in this case?

Original review: May 25, 2017

My husband and I received a Sears lawn mower for a wedding gift last August. We have only had it for 9 months and used less than 10 times. While my husband was mowing the lawn last week the motor blew, creating a crack in the side of the machine and almost blowing out of it. I have spoken to at least 10 different people at Sears including corporate and all I have been told is that I need to buy a new lawn mower. Essentially Sears sold a machine that blew and could have seriously harmed someone after less than a year and not one person has apologized or offered to reimburse us. Terrible products and customer service.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I have been reading tons of complaints about Sears products and returns. And I have to tell everyone out there there is a simple solution to all their 30-90 day bs. I bought a new snowblower 3 months ago preparing for snow and after 3 month we got our first snow in March. Now when I got the snowblower home I naturally put gas in it, started it and ran through the systems to make sure she was ready for the big day. Now I paid $1300 for this 3 stage snowblower thinking it will be the best I could get lol. WRONG!! I had a two stage I bought from Sears 6 years earlier and it blew this one out of the water. And it was half the horsepower.

So the day came 15 inches of snow I'm ready to go woo hoo! As soon as the snow blower started packing snow into the front auger area it had a wicked vibration. I would stop it, clean it out, try again. 10-12 times over and over same thing? So I determined there's an issue with the center auger. It's just not moving fast enough to handle the snow coming into it?? So I called Sears and they were open. Wow! I told the guy I wanted to return it and naturally he asked when I purchased it. "3 months ago" I replied. "Well you can't return it now it's past 30 days!" Of course I was already planning my next move cause I knew he would say some bs like that so I said "ok thanks"!!

So this is for everyone out there who wants to return anything. If it's broke and you're past your 30-60-90 day period no problem. This is where I like to think out of the box and around it. Go in and buy the same exact thing. You will get a new receipt instant 30 day return. Switch it with your busted up crap and return it. I like to wait 2-3 days but it works!! I bought the same snowblower, took it home, pulled out new one and put other one back in and returned it as defective.

If Sears doesn't want to stand behind their products then I say to hell with them. Same thing goes with clothes and some other products they will only do an exchange then do it. You get a new receipt with the new exchange and then return it. There is always a way to get what you want without yelling or getting aggravated. I could have rolled that snowblower in there and demanded a refund with a lot of aggravation and probably would have gotten nowhere!! Is my way the easiest probably not. But it's better than getting stuck with a busted snowblower.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

On Oct 27-2016 I purchased a leaf shredder from Sears. I returned the next day and was told there is no charge for returning equipment in good = resalable condition. It was non-usable by me or my wife. The Shop Repair Plan of $109.99 and $21.99 = $131.98 was never voided by the Sears Joliet Store. Now I get a bill for $ 139.00 plus a $ 20.00 late fee. Please zero out a balance for me.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I bought a new 21" push mower in July and in 6 months it wouldn't start. I take it to Sears and they tell me to take it to their repair people. It stays there for two weeks and they call me saying they are waiting on Sears to authorize the repair (replace the carb). They said it was bad gas. It started having a hard time starting a month after I got it and in 6 months it wouldn't start. Bad gas my ass. I think it's because of using a plastic carb. and gas which eats plastic away. Come on think about it. Plastic and gas just put it in a sandwich bag then and hope you can mow your lawn for a year. Well thank you for not covering it on my extended warranty. I have been a craftsman's tool person since I was 16. That's 46 years now. Well I will be going to another tool brand now. Thanks to your inability to stand behind your product and warranty.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I purchased a 2015 Sears garden tractor pro series last year. Within using it for the first time the belt that controls the blades broke. Took 6 was and 2 service calls to get it fixed. Stored for 3 months in a dry clean barn. It would not start after only being used for less than 2 hrs. Once again after 2 repairs will not start. I have owned 4 Sears garden tractors which have been good products. This Kohler pro series are nothing but junk.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I called the helpline service number for help on getting my mower to start and was told this is only a warranty number. I was advised to go to the website, which I did. I was asked what the problem was, and when I told them, I was asked how much I was willing to pay for advice. If this is the best Sears can do, I have made my last purchase from them. It seems the only thing Sears is interested in is selling a product.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

We bought a $2000+ riding lawn tractor in 2014. The blade drive belt fell off while mowing this summer and broke. I called the customer helpline located on the operator's manual to find out the size of the belt I would need to buy as the manual only states a part #. The customer care rep would not give me any information. He stated he was not even allowed to give me the part # unless I first authorized him to place an order for the belt. I stated I did not want to order a belt online or over the phone as I was going to get one locally. He then said I should give him my mailing address and credit card # to place the order first and then he could send me the information on the purchase order.

They are trying to monopolize all the maintenance and parts for the appliances they sell. About 8 years ago I tried getting a part # for a dishwasher from them and they told me they would have to send out a repair specialist to look at it rather than allow me to buy a part. Needless to say, I will never buy an appliance from them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I'm writing this review for my mother who is 86 years old. She purchased a riding lawn mower from Sears in November 2014. She has had nothing but problems since day one of buying this Sears mower, never will start and all other kinds of issues. She did purchase the extended warranty but what a joke, they take at least two weeks to come out for the service call. I wish I would have read the reviews on here before she purchased that lemon. I called the warranty dept at Sears today and I spoke to numerous "customer representatives." I finally spoke to Belen who went over the service calls with me, she could care less that this mower is definitely a piece of crap and their policy of "four breakdowns" in one year to consider replacing the mower. Very disappointed in Sears service.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Purchased this mower in April 2014 at Sears in Knoxville, TN. for $2500.00 dollars. Started having trouble right away. Engine would often just quit. After a few hours of using, it seemed to correct itself. At about 85 hours the fuel modulator had to be replaced. At about 130 hours it seemed to slow down in both forward and reverse, not bad but noticeable. Now at 165 hours and after it warms up a bit, it won't hardly mow up a small incline. And reverse is very slow also. Now at 165 hours, it is out of warranty (expired 4 months ago). I figured it cost me over $15.00 per hour to use this mower for that 165 hours. The transmission is sealed and cannot be repaired. A new one would have to be installed and I don't think I want to take that chance. No more Craftsman mowers for me. It seems I now own an expensive boat anchor. I should have done something as soon as I noticed it slowing down, but the time went by so fast.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

Three years ago I purchased a Sears Garden Tractor, and have had problems ever since. First the front wheels fell off, then the mower deck cracked, then the fuel pump went bad, and now it seems it may be something else because the engine keeps shutting down! I did buy the extra warranty thank God, but I've had to wait so long on repairman to fix them problems that it hardly seems worth it. I will never again buy a Sears product! I think Sears should get out of the lawn tractor business because now what used to be a trusted name is no more! I want my money back!

Original review: July 25, 2016

I've had a 21" lawn mower that I purchased from Sears two years ago. I've constantly had oil leak problems in the overhead valve cover on the front of the engine. I'm constantly replacing the gasket, but it's never resolved the problem for very long. Figuring I got a 'lemon' and since it's out of warranty, I returned to Sears to buy another one. It was then I noticed that all of the lawn mowers on display were also leaking oil! The floor person said it was because they were displayed on a tilt. But after visiting a few different Sears stores, I even witnessed the oil leaks on those which were not tilted that were on display. (I had one manager tell me I was not the first to notice this.)

I believe Sears has a bigger problem here, and I believe it's a defect with the Briggs & Stratton engines. My particular engine is the Silver Engine Series. I have attempted to contact the headquarters of both Sears and Briggs & Stratton to no avail. Sears simply said bring it in for repairs. Briggs & Stratton tried to justify it again by saying it's because the lawn mowers were tilted. (Mine is on flat land and not tilted, especially in the garage!) Obviously, Sears is not going to go through the expense of replacing all of their lawn mowers and Briggs & Stratton is not going to admit there is a problem. Boy, they just don't make 'em like they used to. Time to go shopping elsewhere for a lawn mower!

Original review: July 9, 2016

I purchased a new 2015 lawn tractor from Sears in Norman, OK. The transmission went out within weeks of owning it and I contacted them about my repair. Thank God I bought the warranty until 2018. They sent a man named Carl out from Duncan, OK out and he was very nice and helpful. He instantly informed us about the transmission problem Sears is having with this mower. We went back to store to find out about this and yes, it was confirmed there is a problem. They did order us a new one and it arrived in a few weeks and he came back and fixed it.

Well, in a month or 2, out again. We called Sears and again went through the process of a new transmission. Carl called and set up a time for repair, showed up like he said, fixed mower, tried to drive it and found out the new transmission was no good. Yes, sent him new not working transmission. Waited on a new transmission, got it, installed it and now using tractor. Again, about 2 weeks ago it started slipping and the burnt smell is back. Called Carl and found out he is no longer with Sears after several years. This gentleman was excellent. I would recommend him as a real professional to his trade. We contacted our store and made service arrangements and yesterday our new man arrived. Here is where the fun began.

First off the mower has to be hot and mowing under power to start slipping. He looks at it as my wife gets it out and he sees no problem. She explains that you have to get it under pressure but he says that he is not here to mow the yard. She asked if she could run it a while to show him and he says sure. He has some paperwork to do so he goes out to his vehicle and sets in his truck doing paperwork. As she gets it to start slipping, he says it's still moving so she calls me at work to talk to him.

He explains that he drove it and it's still pulling itself, cannot do anything because under his job description, it's still working. I told him to put up mower and leave. I find out afterwards when I call my wife back and she is crying. This fool actually tells her to find her manual and there is a weight limit on mowers. This is not a small mower and she is not a big woman. She said to him, "You mean I am too big for this big mower?" And his response was, "I don't know. Just check weight limit." A truly proud moment for the Sears company. I called Sears in Norman and got the department manager for lawn and garden. After being told, "Sir, once we sell you a product and transaction is closed, we are done with it. Here is number to call." He explained that Sears has an employee turnover ever 6 months and since my transaction is a year old my guy is gone.

I explained the gentleman that sold and had previously helped me at the store was very helpful. The guy I am now dealing with tells me, "Sir, I am not him and here is the number to call." Again, another proud moment for Sears in Norman, OK. I called the 800 number and got a hold of a young lady that did try to help me. Here is what I was told to do, drive it until it burns up and will not move. Call service department again. They will send another repairman out and since this will be 3 confirmed failures I will get a new mower. I asked, "What kind of mower?" "Well sir, hopefully the same mower." "Well, will it have the same problems?" "Well sir, I hope not but at least you will have the warranty." She did apologize for comments made to my wife.

I have more downtime than hours on the mower. It looks like brand new. I will not and cannot recommend Sears lawn mowers to anyone based on our experience with this one. We are only mowing about 1 1/2 acres and we asked and made sure we bought a large mower that they recommended for the job. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope your experience is much better.

Original review: June 20, 2016

Purchased a Craftsman 22 HP 46" deck lawn tractor with Kohler engine in 2013 - new. Tractor from day one has been impossible to start. Finally found out that choke only opened half way. Diehard battery DIED 2nd year. Second year of warranty, MOTOR MOUNTS were loose, another service call. Recently, tractor throwing belt, another service call-motor mounts have fallen out. Spoke with customer service and got, "We're sorry, I understand your frustration" - they could care less. LOUSY PRODUCTS AND LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO WONDER SEARS IS CLOSING STORES.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I purchased the Craftsman Pro Series garden tractor at my local Sears home store in 2014 for several reasons. Two of the reasons are: 1. I trusted the Craftsman brand believing that I was getting a quality product. 2. I wanted to support the local Sears store. I was told that this particular tractor would meet my needs. I have 4 acres that I need to maintain to keep the weeds down. I did buy the extended 3 year warranty which turned out to be a good decision. At first, the mower was fine. Then I had to call and schedule an appointment with a repair technician because the front wheels were splaying out making the tractor hard to steer. It took two weeks for a technician to come to my house. He fixed the problem and said that this was a common issue and was a manufacturing defect. Then the pulleys bent. We ordered the parts and replaced them ourselves.

Then the pulleys broke again and the belt broke and we had a technician come out. Again a two week wait. He said he didn't have the parts to repair it, but we could order the parts and make the repairs ourselves. Which we did again. The latest problem occurred last week. I had the tractor serviced and later the same day began mowing.

About an hour in, the tractor started making loud clinking noises. I turned the engine off then on again. It started but would not move either forward or backward. I called the repair line. They said they would have a repairman in my area in 3 weeks. 3 weeks? I said that was unacceptable but they continued to insist that that was the only date they had. I spent hours on the phone with being passed around from department to department. They finally agreed to move the date up one week. This is the worst customer experience I have ever had. I would not recommend this tractor or any other Sears product to anyone. I will not buy anything from Sears again. I am waiting for a repairman now. I have to be available from 8-5 today.

Original review: June 11, 2016

On 6-4-2016 I purchased a push mower from my local Sears. Put it together and in the garage for next week's cutting. On 6-10-20 I took it out to cut my front lawn and it started blowing thick white smoke and oil out of the muffler. It was running for about a minute or two when I shut it down and loaded it in my truck heading back to Sears for an exchange. The Manager Stacey at store number 01430 told me very rudely and bluntly that since it had had oil and gas already in it that I would need to take it for repair.

At this moment it had ran for under 2 minutes and had not seen a blade of grass. A $400.00 lawnmower should run properly and not need repaired before it is used. The Customer hotline, e-mail complaint boards and ability to get this resolved were deplorable. A 20 yr customer that spends couple thousand dollars a year at Sears and K-Mart is now lost. Any customer should be treated with respect and problem resolution should be painless. Taking my business elsewhere. You should too.

Original review: June 3, 2016

The employees at Sears in Huntsville, TX exchanged a defective weed eater without attitude! Great customer service every time we've shopped here! I can't understand the issues other people have. They've refunded money for tools that never arrived at Christmas. I've exchanged clothes with and without receipts. Thank you Sears for all you have done for us. You will continue to be a favorite place for us to shop.

Sears expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Sears is an American chain of department stores. Its lawn and garden department contains several mowers, edgers, tillers and snow blowers. With a robust line of products, Sears carries many snow blowers from some of the top brands in the industry.

• Craftsman products: Sears is the only retail outlet where you can buy Craftsman snow blowers. Sears sells several different Craftsman blowers as well as replacement parts.

• Other selections: In addition to the Craftsman line of snow blowers, Sears sells numerous other brands. Power Smart, Snow Joe, Ariens, Snapper and more are available at Sears.

• Snow Joe shovel: If you don’t need a full-sized snow blower, Sears sells the Snow Joe shovel. These electric shovels are like small snow blowers with a 13-inch width, and they can be corded or battery-operated.

• Parts: Sears sells replacement parts for many different snow blowers. Even if you didn’t buy your snow blower from Sears, you may be able to find parts you need.

• Pick up at store: With Sears you get the option of picking up your snow blower at the store or having it delivered to you. If Sears has the item in stock, you will be able to pick it the same day you purchase it.

• Best for: homeowners living in areas with frequent snowfall.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
    David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Sears Lawn & Garden Company Information