3.2(249)

About Safebound Moving & Storage

Experiencing peace of mind and assurance at a time when you need it most is Safebound Moving & Storage's top priority. Whether you are looking for self-storage solutions, relocating to a new state or both, Safebound Moving & Storage will tailor to your needs. The team of movers are trained professionally to provide the smoothest and most convenient move for you and your family. Let Safebound Moving & Storage handle your next move by calling today for your free quote!

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Full packing and unpacking
  • Bilingual services
  • Short- and long-term storage
Cons
  • Local moving services only in South Florida

Stars Rating

• 54%
  • 46%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safebound Moving & Storage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safebound Moving & Storage?
    Customer ServiceMoversQuote AccuracyDamagePacking

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2021

On 7/20/21, I spoke with a Alex of Empire Moving Group, whom I contracted to move from Miramar, FL (address above) to Hahira, GA (address above) was done. The Estimate Binding Contract was for the amount of $4295.00. A payment was required in the amount of $1,450.00 per Alex to hold the date for the move. A electronic check was done for the payment. The date requested for the move was on July 28, 2021, however per Alex the dates of July 28, 29, 30, 2021 were scheduled. The reason for the three date depends on when the driver is available for the pick up of my items. He stated that someone will contact me the date before to advise when the movers will come to perform the service. On 7/27/21, someone contacted me to state that the movers will come on 7/28/21. The driver will be at my residence, between 9am-12 noon.

On 7/28/21, the driver arrived with a two men crew at 12:45 pm in a undersized Safebound Moving and Storage truck. I advised the driver that the truck would not accommodate my household items. He assured me that he will be able to place all item in the truck that he was driving. At 4:00 pm, the driver and his crew stopped placing items inside the truck and were just sitting around stalling for time. The driver approached me and stated I required more truck space than what was initially estimated and he reassessed the items that needed to be moved. He advised me that my moving fees had increased. The estimated fees now were $12,500.00 and a additional payment of $5,525.00 had to be paid and done by Electronic Check. He contacted his office to advise of the problem. I was informed that another crew would come out the next day between 9:00 am - 12noon to pickup the remainder of the items.

The Safebound Moving and Storage arrived at 9:00 am on 7/29/21 in a smaller Safebound Moving and Storage Truck. Again, the driver was advised that the moving truck was too small. He informed me that he was told that the larger items had been taken except what was left inside my home and that the movers the day before had been broken down, boxed, blanket wrapped, bubble wrapped, etc. The driver check to see what needed to be move and noticed none of items had been prep for moving. Items that were left to take were a new 7ft couch, new love seat, 10ft (6pc) Entertainment Unit, 2 large leather recliners, 5pc solid wood dining table w/chairs, 5pc wooden kitchen table w/ chairs, upright small freezer, 10pc California King Bedroom Suite with Designer mirror and mattress only, Large 2pc Armoire, Queen Bed (5pc), 5 drawer chest, television stand and other miscellaneous items.

The driver and his crew moved all that the were able to store in the smaller truck and stated that someone would be coming on same day to pick up the remainder. He contacted the office to advise of the item that they couldn't put on the truck. We spoke with a April and she stated that someone will arrive around 5:00 pm, however due to HOA policy of no business vehicle allow after 5:00 pm. So, they had to come on the next day. I inquired about the delivery of my item, due to nothing being explained as to how the process works once the items are pickup nor no discussion was made on the handling of the delivery. I was advised that someone would contact me to inform me when the delivery will be done.

On 7/30/21, Safebound Movers came and picked up the last of the items at my residence. On 8/3/21 at 3:19 pm, someone texted me by the name of Andy text me to state that the driver will be at my new residence on 8/4/21, between the hours of 8:00 am - 11:00 am. The payment need to be paid through Zelle or in cash and that the driver will call me 30 minutes before he arrives. He asked me to confirm the text. Confirmation was done. At 11:48 pm that evening, I received another text stating the driver was unable to find my home in his GPS and could I provide address close to my location. I inform the person that this was a new home in a new Subdivision and I gave him a address near me.

On 8/4/21 at approximately 7:40 am, the mover by the name of (I Seiitkhan) call me irate, ranting and being very rude. He said to me, "the address that you gave isn't your address. You need to come here and show me your located." I ignore his orders and gave him the cross streets and he found the home. This move drove up in a Penske Rental Truck and he had two men who appear to have a hangovers or were drinking on the job. He demanded the amount of $5525.00 immediately. Due to my being informed so late in the day as when the mover was coming and/or how that payment had to be made. I had to go to the bank which was 45 miles away from my residence and there was an additional fee of $150.00 added by him (wait time), making my moving fees $12,650.00.

I asked the driver did he and his crew work for Safebound Moving and Storage and he inform me he did not and that he did a bid for my storage. (He was a Third Party Person) And I later found out the person that my initial contact was a Broker for Safebound Moving (1st Party Person). Overall, the service rendered by this crew was horrendous.

First of all, the movers that did the delivery physically threw my extra large/large boxes on top of my medium boxes that were labeled (FRAGILE). Several pieces of my furniture were destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Items such a Large 2pc Armoire was destroyed (it appeared as if it had been dragged on it's base to move it), Large Entertainment Center damage (appears as if the top base and bottom base were dragged, one of the middle door is not lined up when closed), a designer mirror which goes a dresser was chipped in the corner, attachable/detachable jewelry box that goes with dress was chipped, 7ft dress has noticeable scratches, floor length mirror completed destroyed and left in corner by movers, large leather recliner either was pulled/pushed against something has paint stains on the rear, arm and wooden leg of the chair.

I've placed a claim with CSI for the damaged items and I'm number 500 plus on their list for reviews. I really don't have any faith in CSI, being that I read where consumers have placed claims and have under $150.00 after waiting at least one year. If this review is useful to any consumer, Please note: Be very aware of Scammers like this company. Do your homework first, by checking the reviews, the BBB, which they aren't accredited with and any other resource you can find.

MoversDamagePacking

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2021

These movers were great from start to end. Very polite and attentive. They were careful with all items and ensured that our belongings were PROPERLY SECURED and even put the boxes and belongings where we asked them to. I even paid with my mobile Paypal app on the spot. Definitely above and beyond! They were all SUPER NICE GUYS and I highly recommend them! Thanks guys!

PriceMoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2021

Crew arrived on time and WORKED SUPER EFFICIENTLY for my move last week. They were very responsive when communicating via text, they wrapped all my furniture securely, and the price was right too. One cheap piece of furniture kind of came apart - it's fixable, though, and that probably would have happened if I had moved myself. Regardless, I'll definitely call them again for my next move.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2021

I was calling moving companies on a Sunday and Safebound was the only company that picked up. Kayleigh was the person who helped me and I got excellent service from her side. But the crew was super late when they came to pick up things to the point that I didn't know if they were even coming. It was a hassle because my building is very strict. We had a two-hour slot and I asked them to please respect the slot. But they were extremely late to the point that I felt that everything was going to fall into pieces. Thankfully, my building allowed them in but that part was a huge disappointment because I would have been in huge trouble.

Other than that, when they were delivering the things one month later, it was a totally different crew and they were great. They forgot one item in the storage, which I asked them many times to not forget, so they had to bring it separately but that's fine. Also, I was in touch all the time with Kayleigh from admin and she was super nice. I'm very demanding and she was always on point. She tried to find solutions and thanks to her, I would recommend Safebound.

Customer ServicePriceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 3, 2021

Surely the best experience with movers I've had. They were on time, VERY POSITIVE, and very hardworking. On top of all of that, I did a lot of searching and you can't beat their rates. It was definitely a HIGH QUALITY MOVE at a really low price. Without a doubt will be giving Safebound Moving & Storage a call next time we need movers.

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2021

Awesome! I've used Safebound Moving & Storage about THREE TIMES over the past year for large and small moves and every time they've been excellent. Responsive, on time, polite, hard workers. I've used many other moving companies and these guys are THE BEST. They have gone above and far away to help me out and these guys have hustle and in general just cool to be around. I've had come across with lots of other movers and these guys are by far the best. Go with them and don't think twice.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

If you want to move with a reliable moving company, then look no further. Go to Yelp and find the Safebound Moving & Storage company. They definitely live up to their 5-star rating. I have recommended it to all.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamagePacking

Reviewed July 19, 2021

I’m only giving 1 star, so that I can write this review. Otherwise, I would give this company ZERO. My interaction with Safebound Moving & Storage began March when I was moving 2 hours north (100 miles to be exact). I spoke with Luke (not his real name I found out) who said “yes” to our every request. Looking back, his eagerness should have been a huge red flag. This is how my experience transpired: the crew arrived and drove into my front tree - and laughed it off, the main character proceeded to walk in and ask if I was alone, once I confirmed, this person them started with the extortion. "This is too much to move. We are going to have to double the cost". FYI - I had 2 not one video conferences. Reputable moving companies are by law only allowed a 10% increase over the estimate - but these guys are NOT reputable. Since I was locked into vacating the house that day, I had no choice but to move forward.

I had to store my items for a few weeks in what was to be a climate-controlled storage facility, supposedly "brand new". However, upon delivery, my beautiful NEW boxes came in crushed, wet and items Safebound packed, were actually NOT packed at all. Broken table glass, antiques destroyed (items that have been with me for 50 years and have been tough 7 moves without a scratch), TV with its original box with a huge scratch, brand new flooring left with a huge scratch, original artwork smashed and with every box opened; several items destroyed. I was charged for packing boxes that were never used, plastic coverings that were never used. I can go on and on - worst experience of my life. As a matter of fact, the moving crew moving me in were so embarrassed with the damage they ran out of the house leaving me with no paperwork - just ran.

This type of company needs to be shut down. I’ve had my lawyer reach out, and they simply ignore any communication - designed to wear people down. They believe they can just ignore any complaints and continue to extort the next person. Don’t be one of their victims find another company - STAY AWAY FROM SAFEBOUND MOVING & STORAGE (Safebound Logistics).

Reviewed June 22, 2021

Couldn't be happier! They were able to move me on one day's note!!! I needed to plan a move with just 24 hr notice. It was during the week which likely helped but they were able to push me in. What I really admire was that they were able to verify yes/no for me within like 10 minutes. I also really appreciated being able to talk to someone right away when I called. I was given a 2 hour window when the team would come and was told they would call me 30 minutes advance to arrival. What I appreciated is the driver called me to give me a heads up on how the schedule was looking so I had about an hour to hour and half notice on what it looked like. They still called me 30 minutes prior. It was REALLY HELPFUL.

Reviewed June 19, 2021

They come on time for my move from a two bedroom flat to a house a part away. The whole thing took 3 hours and that was a mystery! We had a fair amount of goods but they run up and down with 2 or 3 big boxes at a time. AMAZINGLY SMOOTH PROCESS, the guys were fast and had great perspective- I don't think it's ever been this effortless to move. Would entirely use their services again but here's expect we never have to. You should though! It's hard to feel self-confident in a new moving company, but they were easy to book, and they really showed up. Thank you!

MoversPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed May 24, 2021

We used Safebound Moving & Storage to move us from FL to TX. They arrived on time, were polite, pointed out anything that was damaged or whatnot before they moved it and worked very fast but watchful. Everything come in perfect shape w/o any problem. We were concerned about moving this really solid computer desk but they picked up and moved it w/o a problem. I would highly recommend this company.

Reviewed May 23, 2021

I moved many times growing up as a military child, and I've never seen any movers who were so effective, well disposed and expert! They showed up somewhat early and got our apartment packed up and across town in record time. They assisted us with setting furniture, taken out pressing materials and completed in under three hours. Our move was totally stress-free on account of them. Strongly suggest!

MoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 29, 2021

Safebound movers give you an easy time as you relocate. They have the skills and expertise to ensure you have a smooth transfer. Getting a free estimate helps you to know which package you are purchasing movers are trained to ensure your belongings are handled with care to avoid any damages. Choosing a moving company also ensures you arrive at your new home in time, so you get time to settle down. Some reasons to hire professional movers include: Ease your Mind, save Money, Save Time and Safety.

Reviewed April 24, 2021

Good service. They are committed to providing BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I never had any inkling that they were giving less than 100 percent. Most important, they're also dedicated to getting the job done. They were also very courteous and professional throughout the move. I think this is as good as it gets for moving services.

PriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 24, 2021

Everything was top-class. Movers were all very hard-working and very attentive. They were ready and punctual. The price was very reasonable and they provided moving services on very little notice. They take tremendous pride in their work and it shows. They worked very hard, were very friendly, offered all types of proposals, and did an all-around superb job.

PriceMoversPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed April 15, 2021

Tremendously professional and easy to speak with. Pricing is very affordable. Timing very workable and accommodating. We moved from FL to NYC, they arrived on time. Packing was very careful. Unpacking and lay down the furniture was very careful. Best move ever and we have moved many times before!

PriceMoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed April 9, 2021

Worst moving experience ever. At day of pickup they raised the price over $1000 for the exact same items the original estimate was for. They knew we were stuck and had to move that day. Very dishonest and argumentative. We were told to either pay up or they would leave and good luck finding someone else to come the same day. Also very rough on our furniture, broke a very expensive mirror that they refused to replace and rolled a computer desk down the stairs and put a large hole in the wall. Do not use these movers!

Reviewed April 1, 2021

I've used this company last week to move from FL to NY. Great group of guys on the phone and in person! Professional, responsive, hard working and very efficient. I would definitely use them again should I plan a move in the future. Keep up the great work :)

Reviewed March 19, 2021

The two guys that arrived to move us from FL to IL were quick, polite and friendly, did a great job ensuring all my things gets moved without any harm to goods. Did a GREAT JOB cleaning up after themselves, too. I strongly recommend this company!

Reviewed March 10, 2021

The movers from this company was perfect, they take great care of everything for me and honestly told me to sit down, they would control it all. And did they? Full move of a two bed house with take down and set up in 5 hours. They were courteous, NO COMPLAINING and very fairly priced. I would so recommend them to all my fellows.

Reviewed March 9, 2021

I've used Safebound Moving 2 times and couldn't be more PLEASED with their level of service. I've moved many times in my life, and this was by far the best move. Their way of communication from before booking to after the move was awesome, the guys were very professional, and their service is UNMATCHED. I wouldn't delay to recommend them to anyone looking for good, truthful and good movers. Thank you!

Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2021

We hired Safebound for our cross country move (WA to NC) in December 2020. We had a positive booking experience, and felt we received a competitive and accurate quote for our belongings. Our things were picked up late which was in violation of our contract, and we did not receive notification that our pick up would be delayed. Our items were delivered over 2 months later (10 weeks). We were assured that this delay was abnormal, and we suspect COVID and poor weather had some role in slowing down the process. During this time we did not receive any communication from Safebound unless we directly called them for updates.

Of note, the company did not respond to any of our emails during this time which was a bit concerning, it felt like they did not want to have a paper trail. However, we were compensated for the delay at a pre-determined daily rate, and they agreed to reimburse the shuttle fee charged on delivery day, (Semi truck was unable to come into the apartment complex). At delivery most of our cardboard boxes and totes were heavily damaged due to prolonged time in storage, however our belongings were in very good condition despite this.

Overall, the customer service representatives were pleasant to work with and was probably the best part of our experience. We wish that the company would have been more pro-active in communicating delays and would have been willing to respond to emails so that a record of our communication would exist. We are very satisfied with the condition of our items after such a prolonged shipment time. I cannot say that we would recommend this company based on the poor communication we received from them over the last three months, however the fact that our belongings were in good condition at delivery and that our experience with customer service was positive suggests that this a respectable company. We feel that the price was good for the service.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2021

Would not recommend this company unless you like 1) bait-and-switch pricing, 2) changing rules mid-stream, 3) ZERO customer service, 4) putting off your delivery until the last possible moment before going to the state attorney general, and 5) having several items broken.

1) Bait-and-switch pricing. We did a virtual tour of the home covering every room with the sales rep Luke **. **’s first estimate was $3,200. We told him it was too low. He came back with an estimate of $3,800. When the moving crew arrived at our home, the crew chief estimated the move at $7,300! We were floored. How does a company underestimate by almost 50%? Well, the crew said it happens all the time (Code: standard operating procedure). They gotcha! (it’s moving day, you’re on a schedule and they say they want 50% more?). After a back and forth with the Manager at the home office, Mike **, he agreed to take $1,000 off.
    2) Changing rules mid-stream. I paid a deposit, then more $ when Safebound picked up my belongings, then more $ before they unloaded their truck at my residence. All three were paid by debit card. When I paid my initial deposit, I told ** I did not want to be charged the 4% credit card fee since it was a debit card. He agreed to waive the fee. When it came time to make payments # 2 and 3, Stockbridge would not waive the 4% fee. After calling him several times, I finally gave up in frustration (Gotcha!).
    3) ZERO customer service. The company has a customer service # but it’s useless. It’s an automated voice mail with a couple of extensions. No one actually answers the phone, it goes to voice mail and no one calls you back. Imagine, you’re moving, trying to set your travel plans (plane tickets and/or drive time and/or hotels) and they are not professional or courteous enough to return your calls.
    4) Putting off your delivery until the last possible moment. According to the agreement, they have 14 days after pickup to deliver your items. Well, they took the full 14 days. In the meantime, I’m extending my hotel stay not once or twice but three times. And of course, during the hotel stay, I would call and leave messages with no return call. I actually asked ** before paying the deposit if my belongings were going to their warehouse in south Florida and sit there for an extended period of time and he said of course not.

5) Several items broken. Three boxes were damaged and had been resealed. The items inside were damaged beyond repair. It was obvious that while in the company’s possession after the initial pickup, the boxes had been dropped/damaged during loading and/or unloading at their warehouse before being reloaded into another truck for the final delivery.

In summary, the $1,000 “discount” was more than eaten up by the 4% card fee, the additional costs of hotel and meals and the broken items. Just remember: Once your initial deposit is paid, you lose all your leverage because they Gotcha!

Customer ServiceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2021

I have used Safebound to move my belongings in Florida multiple times. My primary contact was and always has been Mr. **. His professionalism and punctuality on all of the moves he took care of for me was simply remarkable. I also use Safebound with all my key people who work for me across our country. He always calls people back, follows up, follows through, shows he cares and does what you ask! This is Safebound to me and Mr. ** sets this example so well. Safebound will always be my first call when a move is needed by me or any of my companies. Thank you, Frank! NOTE: I cannot remember all of the movers' names but their care and courtesies were always evident and much appreciated. Thank you all!!

PriceMoversPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

They did an awesome move for us, worked hard and quickly... Very cautious with all of my goods and fragile items. Covered all furniture with a QUILT then covered it in bubble wrap. They moved all our things from FL to CA within estimated time. This company is cheaper than other companies I have contacted!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2021

Our experience with Safebound was horrendous. They had great reviews (please sort and look at 1 star reviews, they are all consistent with our experience, leading me to believe that the other are fraudulent- for example, my husband posted a 1 star review and I couldn't even find it the next day!). They had a very friendly person in customer service, Luke, who assured me they handled all moves themselves and did not sub contract to other moving companies (the contract states they do, and they do!), so this was the first lie, though I didn't realize till too late (they don't send the full contract till well into the process). (FYI. Luke could not be reached again once I paid my deposit despite assuring me that "unlike other moving companies, I will be your one point of contact" laughable!).

We added a few items on the day of our move, and so they added about 2k to our total move cost, I agreed and we moved on. AFTER THEY HAD ALL OF OUR STUFF loaded into their truck, they doubled our total cost! It went from $16,500 to $37,000. Clearly we were not prepared to pay this amount (we learned afterwards that federal law prohibits them from raising our costs after they have our items, it is called holding them hostage, rightfully so!). Given we have 3 very small children and were moving across the country, we agreed to compromise and pay them 4k more than even our revised estimate. They then took an extra week to arrive - told us 3-21 days, turns out they meant business days (business days is not written in the contract).

They contracted out the whole move and it was a disaster, about a quarter of our items were damaged, our dining room table and chairs, when my treadmill was smashed (how do you damage metal that strong?!), my daughters wooden craft table, our baby changing table, and tons of other items (large mirrors completely smashed etc.). After my items were picked up, I asked if we could increase our insurance on our items because I was concerned that the sib contester may have damaged some stuff, sone they were angry we did not agree to the 37k.

Michael at Safebound, who stated he was a manager told me it was too late, I have now found out that was a total lie and that you can increase insurance coverage after pickup prior to delivery. This last piece is why I finally decided to post a review - this experience has been so miserable that I didn't even want to post, but the amount of lying, deceit and preying on people who do not know the federal laws of out of state moves is completely unacceptable. Whatever you do - DO NOT USE SAFEBOUND MOVING, look at their BBB score, it is an F - trust all of the people who took the time to do these reviews to keep others from experiencing the horrendous "service" these predators provide.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2021

Great move today by this professional team. They did the move in RECORD TIME, very friendly and took excellent care of our items. I'll always use and recommend them. Great work and thanks for the awesome moving service.

Customer ServiceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2021

On the phone they were very helpful. Then the actual movers showed up on the second day almost four hours late. The first thing we heard were the two person crew (we had been told three people) arguing loudly in our driveway. They kept taking off their masks and had to remind them to keep them on. After two days of them arguing, our shipment finally left, one to Colorado and mine to CA. The Colorado load arrived relatively intact, several chairs broken and one missing box. The CA load took two months to arrive, delivered by the contractor we were assured they didn't use. When we began to unpack we found several pieces of furniture damaged and several pieces of china inadequately wrapped and smashed. The original estimate was severely underbid and of course we were stuck. I would never use them again and I certainly do not recommend them.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Everything was done perfect to move us from FL to MD! Communication before the move was very detailed. The movers took wonderful care of all my goods and placed them in my storage unit just right. Thank you guys again for a awesome moving service!!!

PriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2021

Awesome service! These gentleman were very pleasant and professional! Everything was deliver in a timely manner that made me feel CONFIDENT. Once the move was done, I was EXTREMELY SATISFIED! I will use their service again and again! The price was very fair.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2021

Don't be fooled by the good reviews like we were. I helped my parents choose this company for their cross country move from Florida to Washington since they had high reviews across multiple sites. Everything seemed to be ok until the day they actually showed up to pack my parent's belongings. The amount they decided to charge was almost $3000 more than what they initially quoted. My parents had no choice but to pay it since they had already sold their house and needed to be out that week. Now that I've been reading further into their reviews it seems it's a common tactic they use to provide a low initial quote to get you to commit to them and then raise the price on the day of service.

After that, they held their belongings for almost 2 weeks with no notice of the delay. It wasn't until we called to follow up that they mentioned that they were holding their stuff in storage because they were waiting for delivery of other items that they planned to drop off on their way here. Again, it too multiple calls before they finally ended up sending their belongings. Melissa, the customer service rep was rude and unhelpful.

Thankfully, no issues came up once the truck was on its way from Florida to Washington. The movers that actually came to deliver the belongings were awesome, very nice and efficient, the only commendable part of the whole move. Once we started unpacking we discovered that there's a large dent in the stainless steel fridge door and their tv has a huge crack in the screen and is no longer usable. My dad emailed them to notify them of the damage and has not heard anything back. Working with this company turned into a nightmare in an already stressful time. They don't seem to care about anything other than taking your money. Please save yourself the headache and choose someone else. There's multiple reviews detailing very similar experiences to ours, believe them.

MoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2020

I've used Safebound Moving for my last five moves, to get furniture from my relatives to bring to us and move my grandma from FL to NY. They get the move completed very quickly and are very cautious and professional when moving large furniture. We literally finish having more to move than we originally belief. Everyone is very friendly and very respectful!

Pinned

Ester - as we promised. That is our most common route! Thank you once again for the feedback.

MoversPacking

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2020

Great moving company. Very professional. I've had some really bad experiences with moving companies in the past but they did a fantastic job and assisted with packing my items. They handle every item with EXTREME CARE. Highly recommend.

Pinned

Thanks Mr Jermaine! What a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

As someone with high belief, I really can't say enough about these guys. From initial conversation to end of the move, they were truthful, professional, pleasant, communicative, and hardworking! These guys hustled for 4 hours and we're STILL SMILING and as HELPFUL at the end of the day as they were minute one. Highly recommend this company to anyone looking for great mover!

Pinned

Thank you for choosing and trusting Safebound Moving & Storage with your move!

PriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2020

The men from Safebound Moving and Storage were friendly, nice and highly professional. They were reasonable in price and did a great moving job for us. They hold art, a mounted TV, and furniture with caution and deliberation. I was really impressed and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pinned

Crystal - thank you for being so kind! We appreciate your business.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2020

Moving from one place to another is all the time difficult and you require highly professional moving team to get you through. I had extraordinary best moving experience with these guys. They were all EASY TO WORK. I will surely hire them for my future move and recommend them to all friends and family!

Pinned

Thank you for choosing Safebound Moving & Storage!

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2020

I moved this morning and these individuals were so nice I had to write a review right away!! The whole moving operation was simple and uncomplicated. I observe they honestly hold all of my furniture and items with plenty of care. I'll definitely use this company again!

Pinned

Thank you for choosing Safebound Moving & Storage Julius!

Price

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2020

Great customer attention and a video inventory system made the process easy. Price was still a factor that made me choose another company. I was not disappointed with Patric’s professionalism comparing cubic footage and weight against other proposals I received.

Pinned

Daniel - thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a positive feedback! We truly appreciate it. We are here if you ever need another move.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

I've used Safebound Moving three times now. All three times they were amazing. They showed up 10 minutes early on this one. Started the job right away after I gave some quick instructions. I had to be gone during the actual move, but they called to inform me when they were done and on their way to my new place. The job was done quicker than the estimated time. The crew was friendly and professional.

Pinned

Relando - thank you for always trusting in safebound! This is music to our ears! We love having you as a client.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

This moving company was very up front with their prices, and there were no secret charges. We had four great movers who were fast and professional. They arrived early to the job and packed the truck wonderfully. I would recommend Safebound moving to anyone looking for reliable, responsible, helpful movers.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to post a recommendation for us! We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Safebound Moving did a best moving job with my move from West Palm Beach, FL to Houston, TX. Moving is a frustrating enough as it is, so I was very grateful that movers from this company made my move easier. They entirely took care of all my things.

Pinned

Thank you Jennifer - we appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2020

The moving guys from Safebound Moving did an awesome job. They did not stop for a second and constantly moving, never once did I see them take a rest! Me and my wife were impressed at what a wonderful moving job they did and how quick they moved us! They were also very admiring and kept my wife and I laughing! I had great experience with these guys!

Thank you Michelle!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingQuote Accuracy

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

I booked a interstate move with Safebound Moving company on 9/5/20 after calling 5 different moving companies. Sales representative, Will, did the FaceTime and quoted 7713.43, which was $2,500 more than other companies (they quoted me 4.65 cu ft vs 3.65 cu ft that other companies charged). He assured that their estimates are accurate and that's why their rates are higher and that he quoted me more than I may need. I was also told that they will bring all the blankets and packing supplies. I will only be charged if they use their boxes. Pick up guy who came on 9/11/20 was very demeaning and any question I asked, he told me to not worry about and let him handle it. He had me sign all the descriptive inventory forms before he loaded the stuff.

Despite my asking him several times about extra charges, he didn't say anything. He bullied me seeing that I had no one else there but me. After he loaded everything, he gave me a final invoice of $11,000. I called the customer service and asked to speak to the person who booked this, but he never came on the phone. I spoke to a girl name Kayle who basically justified all the charges. She then called me next day and offered $150 off. I asked to speak with the supervisor and she said someone will call me, but no one did. I asked them to give me the amount to pay off and release my stuff to have another company, but they said they can't do that.

I filed a complaint with BBB and DOT and then supervisor Matthew ** contacted me on 9/24/20. Although he made it sound like he is trying to resolve the situation, it took him one week to just gather the facts, which shouldn't have taken more than a few hours. He said that my belongings are not kept hostage, and if give him the address, he will have someone call me to schedule the delivery. However, there has been no attempt to schedule the delivery and I am without my household goods until today.

My experience with this moving company has been beyond agonizing. This company practices under false advertisement and deception and dealing with this company, I have faced harassment and extortion. Do not believe them when they say their estimates are accurate because they look at everything. It's a scam! I recently contacted Florida Attorney General's office who is also investigating the situation. Do not trust these people!!

Pinned

Hina- looks like there is a resolution in process! I'm glad we are finally resolving your matter.

David increased rating by 3 stars.
    Customer ServiceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage
    After a positive interaction with Safebound Moving & Storage, David increased their star rating on Oct. 21, 2020.

Updated review: Oct. 21, 2020

Update: A settlement for the lost items was agreed upon - thank you to Frank from Safebound for proactively calling and attempting to right the ship with an acceptable resolution.

Original Review: Oct. 14, 2020

Where do I start. I contacted Safebound in the late spring for a move from Chicago to Los Angeles for grad school. I was quoted for a "minimum" move, and through delivery the process was relatively smooth working with Patric. However, upon delivery (which was a contracted team), the team arrived nearly 5 hours after my delivery window and claimed that they could not help construct my bed since they were now running late for a move in Sacramento. Well luckily for them, they didn't even have to worry about that because they did not deliver the headboard and footboard for my bed despite it being RIGHT THERE on the inventory sheet. How articles that large are lost is beyond me and without it I am unable to construct the bedframe (supposedly also "included" in the price I paid), and I have been sleeping on the floor for the past month.

In addition my 60" TV stand has irreparable damage and every time (pretty much every weekday) I attempt to reach out to the delivery crew, warehouse, or Safebound customer service, I mostly only get crickets. The one time I got a response was just them telling me that under the released value protection I would be compensated $0.60 per pound for the missing headboard, or about $60-90. Keep in mind this was a $1,500 bedframe and it would not have made sense to purchase full value protection as the deductibles were so high. Just no incentive here for them to take care of your stuff. I was really prepared to write a positive review following the delivery, but they just botched it so badly that I cannot in good conscience recommend them to anyone looking to do a cross country move.

Pinned

David - email me directly info@safeboundmoving.com or tell me the best time I can reach you via phone.

Thanks,

MoversDamage

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2020

Received a flyer in my mail. Called around to every company that reached out to me. I landed on Wills over at Safebound Moving and Storage. These guys are amazing. Wills did a virtual walkthrough of my place. Nothing crazy. Small 2 bedroom in Del Ray Beach FL- gave me a price and we locked it down. Move day comes- and they are in and out in 6 hours. I chose the most bang for the buck option. They just dropped me off- not one thing broken, no screw ups. Maybe I was a little cynical and called them every day for updates but finally was explained how the industry works. Solid experience for sure.

Pinned

Conor! Thank you so much for taking the time to be so thorough. Reviews like this that keep us going in the moving industry. Thank you!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingQuote Accuracy

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2020

This company runs a scam!!! I Facetimed with Will more than 5 times to make sure we were getting an accurate long distance moving quote and to have complete transparency. Will even showed me his company's trucks and storage facility and sold me on the important fact that I needed to see the facility and trucks to guarantee that the moving company I chose would NOT sub contract the job. On our scheduled packing day, another company showed up. Both my husband and I were on the phone with Safebound Moving and Storage and they turned on us. They did not answer our questions, they lied to us about sub contracting our move, and worse of all, they would not work with us and said that we had to speak to the company they hired. THIS WAS A COMPLETE SCAM AND THEY LIE AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!!! Do not hire this company to move your belongings!!!

Pinned

Jessica- sorry you feel this way. Thank you for taking the time to voice your experience. Please call us directly to resolve your matter 844-868-5358. I can assure you there is no SCAM.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2020

This was the uncomplicated and least stressful move! The moving squad arrived within the first 20 minutes of their approach window, worked rapidly and efficiently and were very courteous. The whole moving process from timetable to signing the bill was clear. I am so pleased with my experience and would recommend them to all my friends! They are the best movers!

Pinned

Melinda - thank you for taking the time to post a review about us! We truly appreciate it.

Customer ServicePriceQuote Accuracy

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2020

I got estimate from many moving companies and Safebound had the best online reputation and the affordable prices. Everything was professionally control and I GREATLY ACKNOWLEDGE their customer service.

Pinned

WOW! Esmeralda - so good to see you here! Thank you for choosing Safebound. You can always count on us. Let your sister know we are here when she's ready to leave her apartment.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2020

Safebound Moving is a best moving company! I was moving from a 2nd floor walk-up in FL to a 3-story townhouse in MD. And it went great. The employees was on-time, efficacious, friendly and professional. They were doing all the work, but kept asking if I was OK lol. I'm hoping not to move again for a while, but I'll definitely use Safebound Moving again. Highly recommended!

Pinned

Thank you Angela - as everyone knows, FL to anywhere in the country is our bread and butter. Thank you for trusting us with your long distance move.

Quote Accuracy

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2020

I was assured Safebound would use only their own employees and equipment for this move. It was outsourced to a third party company out of a Chicago. My move was from Michigan to Indianapolis. The “Platinum” Service package purchased was a joke. Too many damages to lamps and other household items to count. Still unpacking and finding even more. Then was I had to pay almost $3,000, over 30% to get my furnishings unloaded at the destination. EXTORTION. I had to pay over $11,000 to move furnishings of a two bedroom home a total 300 miles.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2020

My experience with Safebound Moving & Storage was one of, if not the WORST experience ever. If I could rate it ZERO stars I would... For starters they gave me a binding estimate based on the precise inventory I gave them and then when they came to pick up the stuff to move 2 days before we had to be out of our home they jacked up the price over $1000. They threatened to leave if I didn't sign and they knew we had to be out of the house. They also guaranteed me in writing (I have the email) that our stuff WOULD NOT BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER COMPANY and it was transferred to Accolade moving out of Maryland. On top of that we had to get rid of some of our furniture that we wanted to bring because the truck wasn't big enough to hold it all based on the cubic footage given by the salesman AND our 55" TV was broken and they are refusing to pay for it.

Luke ** was the salesman and he not only lied through his teeth but would not respond to numerous emails. Kayleigh the "so called" operations manager gave me incorrect info on the delivery day and she has no clue what is going on. Mike ** gave me such a hard time on the phone I couldn't believe it. They do not care about the customer, only about themselves...! They know you are vulnerable when you have to be out of your house and they took of advantage of that. There are many good moving companies out there but Safebound Moving and Storage IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Do yourself a big favor and save yourself a lot of headache and hire a different company...!

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2020

I have had some honestly bad moving experiences with other moving companies in the past few months and was doubtful to give them a try and use again. Safebound Moving did an stunning job to move us from FL to NY! The movers were very efficient. They came on time and moved everything professionally. No scratches on furniture either or walls. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends.

Thank you Deborah!

MoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2020

Amazing move! They arrived on time as quoted, highly professional, very friendly, and they worked efficiently. Not a single item nor walls was damaged or scratched. They took care of our goods. I would also use them again in the future!

Pinned

Thank for choosing Safebound Moving & Storage for the best moving experience!

PriceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2020

Employ these guys to help my mom move from West Palm Beach, FL to Austin, TX. They did an excellent job! They come up right on time and my mom observe they were kind and helpful. Price can't be beat. Will definitely use again.