Safebound Moving & Storage

3.4(248)

About Safebound Moving & Storage

Experiencing peace of mind and assurance at a time when you need it most is Safebound Moving & Storage's top priority. Whether you are looking for self-storage solutions, relocating to a new state or both, Safebound Moving & Storage will tailor to your needs. The team of movers are trained professionally to provide the smoothest and most convenient move for you and your family. Let Safebound Moving & Storage handle your next move by calling today for your free quote!

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Full packing and unpacking
  • Bilingual services
  • Short- and long-term storage
Cons
  • Local moving services only in South Florida

Stars Rating

• 59%
  • 41%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safebound Moving & Storage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safebound Moving & Storage?
    PriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

If you care even a little about the things in your home and getting to your next destination in a timely manner then don't walk run away from Safebound Moving & Storage. Not only did they initially give me a lower quote and then raise the price when they got out to my house but they broke things while loading it into the truck AND had to reschedule the move 3 times to a different day and made me off schedule. I'd rather rent my own Uhaul and do the damn move myself than hire these guys ever again. You can go to a college campus and pay some kids $200 each to load your things better than these guys would and you'd be much better off. Please for the love of god do not use this company.

I worked directly with Chris and Michael with the move and they also made up an excuse of the transmission of their truck going out on the day of our move and promised we would be the next move the following day and then they showed up late and didnt start till the afternoon, this was after they had already reschedule the move 3 times. We were originally suppose to be getting out the house on Friday and did not end up leaving till Monday morning because of their poor work ethic and ability to properly schedule their movers.

Once they got to the house they brought a smaller truck than what was needed to move all of the things in the house and we ultimately ended up leaving about half of what we intended to since we were in such a rush to get to the new destination. I could not and have not ever recommended a company less than I could than these guys. Just google another moving company there's like 1000 of them in your area that will do better than these guys.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

At every stage, the mover’s dedication to their customers shone through. They provided me with a thorough relocation checklist and detailed instructions on updating my driver's license and changing my address with the post office.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

I moved only 2 hours away and the company sent out subcontracted moving people that have no experience and do not care. They offer you money to leave a positive review and not claim your damaged furniture then ghost you. I have been reaching out to them for months and they continually ditch my questions. I call them and they make promises over the phone and never follow through. Zac continually said he would return my calls and Millie said I will get my cost refunded it me but they failed to do anything. Then they claim that their claim processor went away on paternity leave and locked up all the paperwork so no one can do claims. They ask you not to file for a warranty claim and want to handle it in-house. but they do that so you waste 30 days making it impossible for you to go back and file it.

They are a dishonest company and have no shame. I am a disabled veteran and have very limited income and they have robbed me of brand new home items that cost too much to replace for my limited income. All the moving the military has done for me in 20+ years of service I have yet to see such criminal activity. I have all the emails pictures and promises they've made and I am thinking I have to get a lawyer involved. If they want to do things right - they should contact me immediately.

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2023

The three men I hired for my move were punctual, polite, and genuinely interested in learning about my day. Whenever I felt like I was intruding, they reassured me that they were only doing their jobs and were happy to help.

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023

I had a great experience working with this crew and am glad I got to go. The four of them worked together professionally, reliably, efficiently, and communicatively during the whole moving procedure. Great service!!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed June 13, 2023

Beware and DO NOT USE this company for any moving or storage. First off, the team arrive 4 hours late to our scheduled pack up day and three guys showed up for an entire move I booked a month in advance (this was a 5 person job). They did not bring materials (boxes, bubble wrap or tape) and were extremely unprofessional. All out items were stuffed into boxes as fast as possible without protection, wrapping or packing goods. I saw them drag all our belongings (including mattress, kids toys, outdoor furniture) through our parking garage without the protection and showed up the following day filthy and black. (imaged below) The following day when the unpacking was scheduled they arrived 4 hours late (again with 3 people) and did not unpack a single item.

At the end of the day they misplaced several items and were telling us that many of the items were no longer in the truck, which hours later were found - A picture TV, several outdoor furniture pieces, a printer and several other personal boxes. We paid for full pack up and unpack and they tried to charge us for the entire service which they finally decided to settle. Not only were 10K worth of items damaged and boxes lost they refused to respond to 10+ phone calls and emails to settle this matter. I do not recommend Safebound Moving and Storage and they deserve zero stars. I have never hired or worked with such an incompetent group of people in my life.

Customer ServicePriceQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed March 9, 2023

Check them on BBB, Better Business Bureau, that is all you need to know. Crooks. My attorney says he gets 100 calls a week on these fly by night small moving companies and there is nothing he can do to help the client, they have all the contracts set up to screw us over. If you check my review on Google up will see all the fake reviews they posted after I posted mine exposing their deceptive practices.

Grant (probably a fake name) started with a $2,500 quote and the total move ended up being $10,000 for a 1 bedroom apartment. They trick you at pick up by signing for insurance coverage for damage or theft of your items at $0.60 a pound and don't explain you have an alternative FREE option for free full value coverage of the items. The guy at pick up just said check this box and sign here. They took 3 weeks to arrive from and Florida to Tennessee. They stole only ONE (just one) box from me that contained 2 brand new Coach and Ralph Lauren leather motorcycle jackets and brand new dresses and sweaters from Ralph Lauren with tags still attached (value $4,000). They broke the recliner in my sectional, the legs on my 70 inch TV console and my nightstand drawer, all 4 month old furniture, damage totaling $4,000.

When I did a claim, they made me do it with a company named Safebound (cleverly and similarly named). I was told by a nasty and rude woman Melissa (who replaced a woman who emailed me originally about the claim named Kayleigh) that my claim check would only be $150 because they added the weight of the stolen items and broken furniture and multiplied the weight by $0.60 per pound. Next time, I will (and suggest anyone who has to move with a moving company) go with the moving companies that have been been around a while and are reputable, not fly by night companies like safe bound and Safe Ship. I will go with a company like Allied, American, United, Bekins, or International. They may SEEM more expensive but in the end they will be cheaper, more careful with your items, and more trustworthy than safe ship and safe bound. There is a reason why these small moving companies are not affiliated with BBB.

Customer ServicePriceQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2022

I am filing this complaint regarding my move from Kissimmee Fl to Estero Fl, beginning Sunday June 26, 2022 ending July 8, 2022. The final cost was almost three times the initial estimate. The estimate shows 1 month free storage, labor to unload into storage and reload from storage and deliver, but the bill of lading shows a $750 warehouse handling fee and $423.06 for prorated storage, these charges raised the total.

The furnishings were scheduled for pick up on Sunday, June 28, 2022, the initial estimate for arrival was 12:30 to 2 pm, I received calls every two hours providing new arrival times (3:30, 5:30, 7:30) the actual arrival time was 9:30 pm, necessitating the moves to work until 4 am, imagine this. Then the mover asks me if I am following them to the new house, and indicates that “he didn’t know the furnishings were going to storage”, this was stated on the forms. Over the next week, I called several times and left messages, but no one returned my calls. When I finally spoke to Chris, he expressed surprise that the pick up was so late. As I began to unpack I found many broken items (move than 25), boxes were crushed, and obviously not handled carefully. I have contacted the company by email and US mail, but have not received any response. I would never recommend using this company to handle one’s belongings

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2022

My household items were picked up over a month ago. I was told I would get my things about a week or so after pick up. That hasn't happened. I have not been informed of anything that is going on. I have only spoken to one person that can't give me any information. I try to contact him - he does not answer the phone (or return the call), a couple of times responded to my text with "I do not know" when I have inquired about my things arriving. My last text he never responded and put his phone on silent mode. I am living out of a suitcase, sleeping on the floor. I suggest this company STOP taking customers until they can complete the service. Still waiting and have no idea when I will get my things.

MoversPacking

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2022

I have nothing but praise for Safebound Moving & Storage! Despite never having done so, I realized I needed moving assistance after my road accident. The guys did an amazing job helping me move furniture and a ton of boxes from a big apartment to a three-story townhouse. They were courteous, helpful, and really polite!

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2022

I must say that Archer and his team provide excellent moving services in a timely and courteous manner. He was very helpful and informed about all the processes and documentation needed, and he helped me personally acquire all the papers needed for the export. I would wholeheartedly suggest Safebound Moving & Storage to anyone who wishes to export their personal belongings or automobile while enjoying a stress-free experience!

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2022

They came through for us at the last possible moment. Every moving company in town was filled up when I needed to move. I contacted Safebound Moving & Storage and they scheduled a crew to come out the next day at my location. The crew was prompt and professional. There's no one in town that can compare to this moving company!

Reviewed July 29, 2022

They were really concerned about my home and the items that needed to be relocated. Four movers arrived, each with a unique set of skills to contribute to the task. They got along swimmingly. If I needed to, I would utilize them again.

MoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed July 28, 2022

RUN! Run away from this company. They are scammers! They arrived an hour late and Teddy immediately told me that I needed to pay an additional $400 even though my load size did not change. They said that if I didn't pay the $400, then they would not load my belongings. I had flown in from CA so I had no choice but agree to pay the $400. They picked up my belongings on May 21 and finally delivered it on July 11 - 51 days! What they didn't tell me is that they moved my items from FL to a warehouse in OR and then had another outfit actually deliver my belongings.

On arrival, the custom marble top to my antique dresser was nowhere to be found! They LOST it. I called the company and they said to file a claim. The only person that was helpful was Chris in CS. My mother had passed away and these were items that I had inherited. They should not be in business! This move has been an emotional and stressful experience. Take your business elsewhere - they don't even deserve one star!

PriceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 25, 2022

We will absolutely utilize Safebound Moving & Storage again! The two movers were on time, competent, and took excellent care of our assets during the move. Pricing was reasonable and accurate. Our experience has been fantastic!

MoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed July 19, 2022

The three movers arrived the day before the transfer to pack my things. They arranged all of the furniture and boxes so that they could leave the next morning. They came on schedule the next morning and immediately began packing the van. They brought the van to my new home, unloaded it, and placed the furniture exactly where I wanted it! I made the finest decision for my move!

Reviewed July 19, 2022

We couldn’t have been more impressed with the guys from Safebound Moving when they helped us move just before Christmas. They took all the stress out of the day, and somehow managed to fit our whole lives into 1 van! Thank you to the whole team for making this the easiest move we have ever had.

Customer ServiceQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed July 5, 2022

Most inconsiderate and unprofessional moving company I have ever used. Total con artists at every single level of this company. Will **, the salesman, was difficult to reach and when I finally did a video call with him to show him my inventory, he completely underestimated the amount and size of stuff I had, and when the movers arrived I was quoted an EXTRA $1300 to what I had originally been quoted.

The next set of lies from Safebound came during my contractual 2 day pick up window. Safebound called and confirmed a pick up time during the second day of my 2 day pick up window. Then, during the pick up window, Safebound called and told me they would not be able to pick up my stuff that day due to their incompetence and misjudgment picking up an earlier shipment that day, even though I had been waiting around all day for them and was guaranteed to have my items picked up that day. I spoke on the phone with both Caley and Nora at Safebound, who both lied and assured me they communicated with the driver and he could be there at 7 am the next day (which was already out of my pick up window on the contract safebound signed with me). I was supposed to have left the state by that time but safebound gave me no other option but to wait on them.

The next day, when the driver still had not arrived on the later end of my pick up window, I called the office and was not able to get in touch with anyone till 9:30 am. The driver did not show up after until 11 AM (outside of the latest time of the pick up window I was given). The driver, Miguel, was extremely rude and unprofessional. He did not communicate with me whatsoever or give me any sort of 20 minute warning (which safebound promises their drivers give) before arriving.

Caley, the manager, assured me I could speak to her regarding a discount for the huge inconvenience caused by this entire nightmare. Of course, when I called Caley before submitting my second payment, she had just left the office, in the middle of a weekday, to start her weekend early. When my items were delivered, it was realized that Miguel, the incompetent driver, had miscounted my inventory and my end table, hand-painted for me by my mother, had gotten lost. Safebound never found my item and I am now in the process of filing a claim for it.

Please, whatever you do, DO NOT USE SAFEBOUND MOVING COMPANY. Use a professional company that cares about its customers and values customer service. Every single person who works at this company- from Nora to Chris to Caley to Will to Miguel, is an absolute liar and will do whatever it takes to get as much money out of you as they can. I am still in awe of how this company can treat people the way they do and remain in business. I have reported their negligence and their unethical profits before people business practices. Before safebound responds with a message saying I am not in their system as a customer (as I’ve noticed they do with any negative review), I have a bill of lading and inventory list I can upload to this review to prove otherwise.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 21, 2022

I was continuously contacted and received a thorough response within 15 to 20 minutes. Everything was completed on schedule. My invoice came in under budget, which was a bold move on my part. I will most certainly use them again!

Reviewed June 14, 2022

The moving team leader along with movers arrived to help my father and mother relocate. They were well-organized, clean, and very professional. When they arrived, I was hesitant due to the large number of objects that needed to be moved. But they handled everything properly and efficiently. Based on this experience, I would strongly suggest Safebound Moving & Storage to any of my colleagues. These movers were a delight to deal with and true professionals.

PriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed June 10, 2022

We’ve used three different commercial moving companies, and Safebound Moving & Storage was by far the best. The two movers were prompt and efficient; we had largely heavy furniture to move, and it took them less than two hours. They were kind and cautious. The hourly cost was also the cheapest of our three moves. Thank you for making the move so easy!

MoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed June 1, 2022

They arrived promptly at both places and were ready to work immediately. All our furniture was well wrapped and transported without any problem. The crew was very courteous and hardworking and handled all our boxes and furnishings with care. They worked very discretely and only asked questions when needed. We got both moves done in 6-7 hours. We highly recommend them.

Customer ServicePriceQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed May 14, 2022

Lindy **. May 13, 2022, 1:04 AM EDT. If anyone should be unlucky and will be victimized by Safebound Moving and Storage are a fly by night company who lie, cheat and are all dishonest. They do a virtual walk through because they are too cheap and lazy to come to your house. They give you a estimate of $11,000.00 and after several payments at the various stages the final cost came to over $21,000.00 and they lost our entire master bedroom set meaning all furniture, clothes and so many other items.

I asked them to check their warehouse four times. Each time they said they could not find our items and that we would have to file a claim with company called CSI. It took me over 75 hours on phone calls, emails, estimates, copies of receipts along what it cost us to replace all the furniture, clothing and a number of other items, which came to over $12,000.00. About six to eight weeks after I submitted the claim the moving company magically found and delivered our missing entire room and all items. I notified the insurance company. They finalized the claim and gave us a check for $168.50 check.

In short after a major nightmare they only offered a pittance for all the items that were lost and damage. They claimed they don’t cover costs incurred because of the moving company's inability to do their job and rules. I would nor could not recommend this moving company or their insurance company. This company needs to lose their license for making the worst move I’ve ever had after several moves while serving in the US Navy for 26 years. To me they are a fly by night company who I picked because of your company's recommendations.

I would also check all the employees' citizenship being only one person spoke English. When they loaded us up he was to my knowledge the leader and after they finished loading up he told us that they normally get $100.00 to $150.00 tips and with this they will make sure our items will be safe and well taken care of which did not happen but I feel like I was being forced into paying the over $530.00. This move was a very expensive and nightmare move. Please help get crooks like these closed up before other are scammed and hurt.

Linford **

MoversPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed April 27, 2022

They are the best movers I have ever had!! Recommend them and will use them whenever I move! Arrived on time, fast and efficient. Wrapped all my furniture and TVs, and nothing was damaged. Wore masks and took precautions for Covid. So happy with their service!! I hate moving, so these movers made moving much better and easier!

PriceMoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2022

These guys were on time, professional and even brought a little humor to our move. Being a military family we've moved quite a bit and this was the EASIEST MOVE by far. My wife is eight months pregnant. I couldn't have asked for a more successful easy move. Load, travel time and unload under 4 hours at reasonable cost. If we ever move again we will be using them again!

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2022

We have used Safebound Moving & Storage probably eight different times over the past few years. Our more latest experience with them just last weekend was of the quality we know we can expect - Our team was professional, efficient, proficient, polite, and truly helpful. Everything was moved SAFELY and SECURELY. The communication is always excellent from the setup with office staff through to the team on move day. The price is VERY FAIR. We highly advocate Safebound Moving & Storage and we will continue to use them in the future.

Verified purchase
    MoversPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2022

Avoid this company!! They are only dedicated to you until they receive your money. The pickup was late and they damaged my furniture. I filed a claim immediately and they have ignored me for months. I am going to file legal suit.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2021

It was a very easy booking process, and when I had questions, they were prompt with their reply. The quote and timeframe provided were ACCURATE. We were so impressed by how quick and efficient and good natured they were! They work well as a team. They really made it such an EASY PROCESS. I really appreciate all the communication on all ends, and while I really do not plan to be moving ever again if I can help it ;). I will definitely use Safebound Moving & Storage. Thanks guys!

Verified purchase
    PriceQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2021

They were 2 days late on delivery and we had numerous broken items. They charged us $400, to wrap the furniture when they advised it was included. We had to stay in a hotel for 2 nights with our dog and cat. The hotel cost over $200 and the would refund us $300 for the hotel and delay in delivery. I would not recommend them.

Customer ServiceMoversQuote AccuracyDamagePacking

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2021

On 7/20/21, I spoke with a Alex of Empire Moving Group, whom I contracted to move from Miramar, FL (address above) to Hahira, GA (address above) was done. The Estimate Binding Contract was for the amount of $4295.00. A payment was required in the amount of $1,450.00 per Alex to hold the date for the move. A electronic check was done for the payment. The date requested for the move was on July 28, 2021, however per Alex the dates of July 28, 29, 30, 2021 were scheduled. The reason for the three date depends on when the driver is available for the pick up of my items. He stated that someone will contact me the date before to advise when the movers will come to perform the service. On 7/27/21, someone contacted me to state that the movers will come on 7/28/21. The driver will be at my residence, between 9am-12 noon.

On 7/28/21, the driver arrived with a two men crew at 12:45 pm in a undersized Safebound Moving and Storage truck. I advised the driver that the truck would not accommodate my household items. He assured me that he will be able to place all item in the truck that he was driving. At 4:00 pm, the driver and his crew stopped placing items inside the truck and were just sitting around stalling for time. The driver approached me and stated I required more truck space than what was initially estimated and he reassessed the items that needed to be moved. He advised me that my moving fees had increased. The estimated fees now were $12,500.00 and a additional payment of $5,525.00 had to be paid and done by Electronic Check. He contacted his office to advise of the problem. I was informed that another crew would come out the next day between 9:00 am - 12noon to pickup the remainder of the items.

The Safebound Moving and Storage arrived at 9:00 am on 7/29/21 in a smaller Safebound Moving and Storage Truck. Again, the driver was advised that the moving truck was too small. He informed me that he was told that the larger items had been taken except what was left inside my home and that the movers the day before had been broken down, boxed, blanket wrapped, bubble wrapped, etc. The driver check to see what needed to be move and noticed none of items had been prep for moving. Items that were left to take were a new 7ft couch, new love seat, 10ft (6pc) Entertainment Unit, 2 large leather recliners, 5pc solid wood dining table w/chairs, 5pc wooden kitchen table w/ chairs, upright small freezer, 10pc California King Bedroom Suite with Designer mirror and mattress only, Large 2pc Armoire, Queen Bed (5pc), 5 drawer chest, television stand and other miscellaneous items.

The driver and his crew moved all that the were able to store in the smaller truck and stated that someone would be coming on same day to pick up the remainder. He contacted the office to advise of the item that they couldn't put on the truck. We spoke with a April and she stated that someone will arrive around 5:00 pm, however due to HOA policy of no business vehicle allow after 5:00 pm. So, they had to come on the next day. I inquired about the delivery of my item, due to nothing being explained as to how the process works once the items are pickup nor no discussion was made on the handling of the delivery. I was advised that someone would contact me to inform me when the delivery will be done.

On 7/30/21, Safebound Movers came and picked up the last of the items at my residence. On 8/3/21 at 3:19 pm, someone texted me by the name of Andy text me to state that the driver will be at my new residence on 8/4/21, between the hours of 8:00 am - 11:00 am. The payment need to be paid through Zelle or in cash and that the driver will call me 30 minutes before he arrives. He asked me to confirm the text. Confirmation was done. At 11:48 pm that evening, I received another text stating the driver was unable to find my home in his GPS and could I provide address close to my location. I inform the person that this was a new home in a new Subdivision and I gave him a address near me.

On 8/4/21 at approximately 7:40 am, the mover by the name of (I Seiitkhan) call me irate, ranting and being very rude. He said to me, "the address that you gave isn't your address. You need to come here and show me your located." I ignore his orders and gave him the cross streets and he found the home. This move drove up in a Penske Rental Truck and he had two men who appear to have a hangovers or were drinking on the job. He demanded the amount of $5525.00 immediately. Due to my being informed so late in the day as when the mover was coming and/or how that payment had to be made. I had to go to the bank which was 45 miles away from my residence and there was an additional fee of $150.00 added by him (wait time), making my moving fees $12,650.00.

I asked the driver did he and his crew work for Safebound Moving and Storage and he inform me he did not and that he did a bid for my storage. (He was a Third Party Person) And I later found out the person that my initial contact was a Broker for Safebound Moving (1st Party Person). Overall, the service rendered by this crew was horrendous.

First of all, the movers that did the delivery physically threw my extra large/large boxes on top of my medium boxes that were labeled (FRAGILE). Several pieces of my furniture were destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Items such a Large 2pc Armoire was destroyed (it appeared as if it had been dragged on it's base to move it), Large Entertainment Center damage (appears as if the top base and bottom base were dragged, one of the middle door is not lined up when closed), a designer mirror which goes a dresser was chipped in the corner, attachable/detachable jewelry box that goes with dress was chipped, 7ft dress has noticeable scratches, floor length mirror completed destroyed and left in corner by movers, large leather recliner either was pulled/pushed against something has paint stains on the rear, arm and wooden leg of the chair.

I've placed a claim with CSI for the damaged items and I'm number 500 plus on their list for reviews. I really don't have any faith in CSI, being that I read where consumers have placed claims and have under $150.00 after waiting at least one year. If this review is useful to any consumer, Please note: Be very aware of Scammers like this company. Do your homework first, by checking the reviews, the BBB, which they aren't accredited with and any other resource you can find.

Safebound Moving & Storage Company Information