1.54/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

356 Restoration Hardware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I just spent nearly $10,000 ordering furniture from these crooks... Their 'delivery company' left the Bed in several separate pieces) and Belgian Linen sofa outside with NO PACKAGING, BOXES, OR ANY PROTECTION WHATSOEVER! The sofa was completely stained and disgusting, legs were damaged, several pieces of the bed broken, drawers cracked~Everything literally RUINED!!! I called their "Customer Service" (I use that term VERY loosely) to explain everything and ask them what they were going to do about my VERY EXPENSIVE and completely ruined items, they asked me to send in pictures of everything which I immediately did that CLEARLY showed everything ruined beyond repair and when they finally got back to me three days later they said they were not going to do ANYTHING AT ALL, not replace, no refund, NOTHING!

They said because I didn't clearly SPECIFY that the items should be in boxes, packaged, etc. that they were not responsible for anything. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? In what world do you order nearly $10,000 of furniture ONLINE for delivery and you need to SPECIFY for them to have the furniture in a box, &/or wrapped &/or properly package the items and not just leave the bare pieces strewn about OUTSIDE??? Nearly $10,000 completely down the drain! These people are complete and total crooks~please trust me when I tell you to spend your hard earned money ELSEWHERE!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have contacted the customer service regarding a broken dining room chair that I had for about five years. They offered to fix a chair or return the chair. Both offers are so much more than I expected or anticipated given that the chair has been used for five years. The customer service rep got on the phone almost immediately after I called. I am beyond satisfied with the overall customer service experience.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Very satisfied with products and service (Denver). I have purchased the following from RH since 2017: Luke accent chair, Reclaimed R. oak dining table/8 chairs, Nicholas marble coffee table, 2 floor lamps, velvet pillows, sofa. The staff was extremely helpful in each purchase.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I did a ton of research online. Was about to purchase with "E.A." Competitor - coworker recommended I look at RH - I fell in love with a table and found what I thought the perfect chairs to accompany. When I say apathy... our associate couldn't have been more disinterested in the entire process. When tallied, our purchase was to be just over $7,000. maybe not enough to inspire interest from the hourly help? She told us about a couple of chair models they had in stock. Mind you - they carry a very small selection in Short Hills - not representative of the entire line.

I wasn't loving the chairs she had. I kept asking... don't you have something with a roll-back top? I think it's called French something??? Nooo. Eventually after about 1/2 hour of dissatisfaction with the chairs - one can feel the framework underneath the cushion. When we thought one model had a shorter seat span - no proffer of a tape measure or a thought she might share with us... Eventually she found the chairs I described - way at the bottom of their website. She stated "it's way down at the bottom because nobody buys these chairs". Are all of their clients sheep following the standard set by the merchandise only displayed in the store? What would be the purpose of customizing and the catalog then?

When I was just about reluctantly ready to purchase, my husband voiced that he thought we should just check "E.A." one more time to be sure. When confronted with the professionalism of our associate at that store, and their efforts to customize to our satisfaction - we bought on the spot. After reading these reviews... I am so appreciative that my husband wanted to go back to the other store. Can't wait to see our holidays on this new set! Thanks RH - for being the most apathetic sales force I can imagine - oh, and "no warranties!", but they "stand behind their products"... not so much from what I am reading on this site. Thanks to those who shared their experiences - very helpful!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I begin trying to buy several pieces of furniture from Restoration Hardware in 2017. My budget was approximately $30,000.00. I met with several salespeople who made a basic plan, and their proprietary Restoration Hardware laptop which Pilates furniture in rooms but is not to scale and so therefore when they print it out it’s meaningless. They did not follow up with me, never presented me with an estimate of costs and an assurance that the pieces would fit correctly. They did not put the pieces together with the sizes and pictures and prices. The salesperson who was half my age was very condescending, looking me over as I wasn’t RH material. You cannot walk into that store and just buy something. First you have to see a sales associate, then if a sales associate is not available you have to be on a waiting list of time or come back another day.

I was so aggravated I called the corporate offices and tell them my story. I asked specifically who would be the best salesperson in the Chicago store to help me. That person referred me to another person, who referred me to another person, who is supposed to give me the name and never got back to me. I walked away from the store in disgust.

Two months ago I called corporate offices back again and told them it was now a year later and that I wanted to find out who the person was to refer me to make an appointment and guess what? No one ever called me back. They print beautiful catalogs and have wonderful designers but they’re horrible to go through because they do not put the sizes on the pages where the furniture is and it’s not indexed in the back. Who can carry around 500 pounds of a lot when trying to buy furniture. I have nothing good to say about our RH, What a shame to have such nice goods and not be able to sell them to your customers. Corporate, are you listening now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: July 28, 2018

We purchased a custom made Italia taper arm fabric sofa from Restoration Hardware. It was almost $6000. Within a year, the seat upholstery was pilling and not lining up with the stuffing. When I called to complain, including photos, they claimed that was normal wear and tear. They offered to send someone with a pill shaver. When their customer service could not find a local person to do it, they offered to forward info. so that I could submit an invoice for reimbursement. This offer never arrived. One year?? Plus the sofa sits in a formal living room which we rarely use. I would never recommend Restoration Hardware again. The quality is shabby for the price.

Original review: July 11, 2018

One of the most terrible online order experiences ever. If you order online, allow 2 to 3 YEARS to get your purchase and take a ** before you call to chase your order. The customer service team are useless, disorganized, rude, and my experience was very, very frustrating. Lost count of number of times I called to track my order. Items arrive smashed into pieces, incomplete and customer service are just useless. One item was sent to me three times, totally smashed and broken, pieces missing and a mess every time. Don't waste your money.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Had my heart set on another vanity. Most everything is special order and a wait. I would have had to wait at least two months for a vanity and my bathroom job was getting underway. Had to settle on the St. James. I went for the antique white. The finish looks dirty like someone touched it with dirty fingers. It drives you crazy. I'm afraid people will think the vanity is actually dirty. Notice, no place for reviews on their products on the website. What? The vanities are very expensive. No bargains here. I am stuck now. I have a custom expensive quartz top on it but even if I would have complained in a month, there would have been nothing to exchange it for.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We are remodeling our kitchen and bathrooms. After shopping Restoration Hardware, we selected a pharmacy style medicine cabinet. After it arrived, it took some time for our contractor to install it. (Longer than 30 days.) This medicine cabinet- members price, on sale - cost $650 plus shipping. It is the most poorly made piece of junk I have ever seen. I would have been better off to buy something at Home Depot. Poor welds, absolutely pathetic paint job, the entire piece was not square, and it looked like something that should have cost 50 bucks and was second hand.

When I tried to return it I was informed that returns past 30 days was by gift card only despite the fact that I had used a credit card. Unfortunately, it was a RH credit card or I could have gotten my money back. Thinking that it was just a bad one, we ordered a second one - the second one was worse. All the welds have been made by a welder who has never received any training whatsoever. Paint doesn't cover the entire piece and is just a dusting even where it was painted- so in a humid environment like a bathroom it will be rusted in no time. These pieces look like no one cares. At all. At 650 a pop, one would think they would at least try.

This company is one of the last in existence that doesn't allow reviews on its website. That's because they would be out of business in days. This stuff is junk - and overpriced by about 10,000%. It's really unbelievable. Customer service is terrible- in fact, they must be contenders for the worst customer service experience in the world award. There's no help to be found there. Run away. Hammering furniture together from old pallets will give you a higher quality product.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased a whole dining set and other items from Restoration Hardware. One of the dining chairs broke. I thought I’d go online and have another one shipped. The cost of the chair is $124. They were asking $199 to ship it from CA to AZ! I called the store and they said if I call customer service, they could do an exchange and reduce the shipping cost. I called as I was directed and they said it’s their policy to charge $199 no matter what the item is. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the representative refused to transfer me. I asked again and he replied in a snarky tone that he will tell the supervisor the policy and not to do it. I held for 30 min and he hung up on me. I called back to speak with another supervisor and they also hung up on me. I just want to be charged a fair and reasonable price to replace one chair. It’s incredible to me that they aren’t willing to help a long time customer. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I ordered 2 small (very expensive) couches from Restoration Hardware and never received them. It has been 6 months since their expected arrival date and every time I call the company to inquire to their whereabouts, I am given an apology, another excuse, and a promise that they will be tracked and I will be called back with an answer... STILL WAITING! UGH! The absolute worst company to deal with. Stay far away. It's just like throwing away your money.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I purchased 12 of the Madeline chairs in 2013. 3 of them have broken. I replaced two of them less than 2 years after purchasing them. One of them recently broke. I tried to replace it starting in March of this year. I had difficulties using the website. I contacted the site via email repeatedly to let them know of the problems I was having with the website. I also spoke with a customer service representative. I am still having website issues.

I called today to try to place the order for the $100 chair. They told me the shipping would be between $199-$399. She told me I could exchange my broken chair free of charge. I explained to her I did not currently have the broken chair in my possession because I gave it away. I told her I was happy to buy a new chair. I think that $400 is extremely unreasonable for the quality and weight and dimensions of the chair. I have been a loyal customer up to this point even being a RH member. The poor craftsmanship of the product and the poor customer service have caused me to write this review.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I placed an order with Restoration Hardware for an outdoor dining set in mid May 2018. Nowhere in the ordering process (pre-payment) did RH proactively inform me that the side chairs that I was ordering not be available until late summer. I even received an email shipping confirmation that confirmed all the pieces were available for delivery after May 16. However, on delivery day only some of the pieces arrived. Customer service tells me that the side chairs are still in China and that I should’ve known that from the order confirmation and that there’s nothing they can do. She couldn’t explain the shipping confirmation that expressly stated chairs had been shipped and available for home delivery after 5/16. Details are annoying, aren’t they?

It seems to be a deceptive practice in that they are not transparent about the back order until the items have been purchased. For some reason the customer service agent was careful not to call it a back order. She instead called it a “137 day lead time." I think Restoration Hardware probably knows I wouldn’t have ordered outdoor furniture in May from them if I knew it wouldn’t arrive until late August. Is there any recourse to force RH to be more transparent and less deceptive in the order process? Very disappointed. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Extremely poor quality and the company does not care, once they have your money. We bought a Sorenson sofa with the Belgian linen fabric. Big mistake. The linen is paper thin and within 2.5 years, had worn holes from normal wear and tear (ie, people sitting on the sofa. Which is what a sofa is made for.) The linen is also saggy and wrinkly and looks old and cheap (It was not cheap!). The ineffectual customer-service agents simply say it's not their problem. I will never buy a single thing from Restoration Hardware again and advise others to stay away. The fancy designs mask an appalling lack of quality.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We bought a couch 6 months ago from RH and spend around $10K. After 3 months the fabric peeled significantly (this was their "indestructible fabric" as they called it). It was significant enough that the couch appeared old and used. We complained and RH agreed to replace the fabric. Three of the pillows (replacement fabric) came damaged and peeled even worse than the original fabric and looked this attached picture in four weeks. We asked RH to replace the fabric on the 3 damaged pillow covers and Jennifer ** response from customer service was that it is their policy to only exchange the fabric ONE time even if the fabric is damaged from the peeling. It appears as if the quality of their fabric is so poor that the appearance of the fabric in the attached photo is normal wear and tear. DO NOT buy from this company. I give them zero stars for customer service and product quality. There are so many other furniture stores who value their customers.

Original review: April 25, 2018

While working at the Westport, CT store #107, from the time it opened in 1997/8 ish until 2011... From original owner and creator Stephen Gordon through many different owners/administrations/iterations/changing from a great place to find unusual hardware, furnishings, awesome bath towels, Art Deco and Mission Style furniture, pine, and Cherry as well! Great selection of books, window coverings and hardware, living room and dining room furniture all normal human sized furniture before the development of the McMansions advance across the countryside. At that time we were proud to say all of our furniture was 100% American made.

I purchased a beautiful bedroom set, 2 bedside tables stupidly designed with a single drawer over a gigantic open void with rope trim, made of some unidentifiable wood everywhere but the insides of the drawers which were cedar, nice! We bought the king sized bed with a high panel headboard with the rope trim and corners topped by spherical finials. Makes you feel like royalty! The bed had wood side rails joining the headboard to the footboard, also paneled with finials, just high enough to be flush with the mattress! Throw in the huge 11 drawer bureau; all furniture painted/stained black and accessorized with bronze hardware - hanging, swinging handles whose ends were held in place by two pegs with openings for the handle ends, the pegs held in place with little decorative disks.

Okay... After approximately 4 months (after the usual nightmare of the headboard arriving cracked and scratched and waiting only another month for the replacement) the handles started to break off and the screws and some pegs needed replacement. I went to the employee (Stock Manager) who was in charge of ordering replacement parts. He was an ageist, sexist, chauvinist, attitudinally abusive guy in his 20’s who made it a hellish experience to request anything from him. I asked him to order 10 replacement handle sets for my furniture. Well, he threw a bag in the counter about a month later which I verbally confirmed with him was the replacement hardware sets... “Well, that’s what you ordered isn’t it?” Was the response.

Now, 13 years later, one moving truck later, the bureau stands partially filled, I pull out the bag of hardware to find only the swinging part of the handle set x 10 in there... NO PIECES TO COMPLETE THE SET to actually Attach in place to once again have a functional drawer instead of using a knitting needle to open the drawers! Also, the bedside table is totally cracked and splitting with the paint/finish coming off. There has been no activity or actions to suggest a reason for this!

I dust and polish or wax my furniture once a week! The only thing I keep on the table is a book or pair of glasses and a lamp.

The policy which was in place at the time of purchase was “Anything, anytime, for any reason, even without a receipt, Restoration Hardware will credit you in the manner you purchased it. And do everything at all possible to make it a pleasant experience, because we truly want you to understand that. The customer is always right!” Well, my experience upon going back to the Westport store, was to get the response of “there’s nothing I can do” “we don’t carry that furniture anymore” (this was after another ultra rude woman/Manager I spoke to in the phone insisted there had never been any such style of bedroom set ever sold by Restoration Hardware EVER).

As a matter of fact the company that manufactured the furniture is OWNED by Restoration Hardware!! Also... For everyone’s information... Restoration hardware furniture is now produced in China... Because of cheap labor... But doesn’t pass the savings onto the customer! The manager (who actually performed no activity but to keep repeating with a pleasant not present expression “There’s nothing I can do for you!”), didn’t offer any sort of solution to the problems... I.e., call the furniture maker to see if they could take a look through the back stock of various extra oddball pieces in the stockroom and get back with an answer. OR, pay for replacement hardware and all of the patching, staining drilling costs to provide matching hardware for the entire set, someone to repair the bedside table top.

She wouldn’t even make any effort other than to suggest I buy replacement hardware, drill new holes, etc. which I wouldn’t do myself, I’d get a carpenter to do it successfully. Nope they wouldn’t pay for that. Wouldn’t pay for a can of furniture putty and some paint either. I said I was very sorry but she didn’t seem to be making any effort to even attempt to think of the right thing to do. She then said “well, then what do you want to do.” And I then said “well, then I want to return the entire set for a refund.” “I can’t do that... We don’t make that set any longer. So I can’t replace it.” I replied “Why makes you think I’d want another set when you won’t make any effort to resolve the problems that have occurred? I’m thinking I’ll just take everything apart and walk it all in through the front doors one busy Saturday and drop it all in the floor. And put my hand out for my refund.”

She says “ I can’t give you a refund...” I ask “what do you mean... You are not going to honour your return policy? I don’t even see any return policy posted at all which is illegal not to have it prominently and legibly posted for the customer to read! When I purchased this set the policy was...” Then... Here’s the kicker. She looks up at me and says “... it’s OLD!” So is Louis XV furniture. Isn’t the furniture I purchase for that price expected to not require replacement every few years due to lack of quality? Most people replace furniture due to change of decor and then they pass the original furniture to their kids! What does that statement mean? I’m not giving it to her as a birthday gift!!! Next chapter is in the wings.

Original review: April 11, 2018

This chandelier is beautiful but impossible to hang. The thin steel safety cable provided to hang 168 pound chandelier broke. The screw for the brass plate that was instrumental to hang this chandelier broke. One of the canopy screws broke. (That could mean 168 pounds of glass falling on someone's head.) The fixture cords frayed. The glass globes rained tiny shards of glass whenever they gently touched each other, which must happen to tediously ensure the globes are level. After 12 hours, our 2 experienced electricians stopped. While RH took the chandelier back without issue, we needed to have the holes in the ceiling repaired and ceiling repainted. This rating falls far below 1 star--a very poorly designed!

Original review: April 10, 2018

We bought a RH fire table that the leg and bracket of an OUTDOOR piece of furniture rusted and rotted away. The table will no longer sit up as intended and now the gas valve won't even work so it nonfunctional. The piece is only 2-3 years old and was designed for and sold for outdoor use. They will not replace or even offer a discount to replace it. They say it is due to the age of the piece. I have had outdoor pieces that last for 15 plus years and to have this rot after 2 is false advertising. DO NOT BUY outdoor pieces from RH. I furnished many pieces of my New home when we moved 4 1/2 years ago. I will no longer purchase from them.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been a long time customer of Restoration Hardware. Never again. I was looking to buy a table with dining chairs. I started placing an order for 16 chairs and the dining table. When I tried to order the dining table, the delivery was eight weeks. So I did not order table and tried the day after to cancel chairs that were paired with table. Restoration Hardware refused my cancellation and wanted to me to lose 3000 USD as per their contract. I called them up to explain the stupidity of the situation, their excellent service asked me if I could read English as their only answer. A few days later I called them back to let them know that I will take the chairs to put them in another house, they simply answered that it was too late. I would lose my 3000 dollars and could not get my chairs. They. It is a shame and ridiculous way to treat clients for such a company.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Over the past year, we did a complete renovation of our home and purchased new furniture. We chose a couch, master bath hardware, master bed, and living room rug, all from Restoration Hardware. There are problems with all... and the service. We initially told them what date they could deliver the master bed after, since we were still under construction and did not want it in the basement. We let them know if they needed to deliver prior to that date, we would give them the address to the air conditioned storage unit where they delivered our couch. They delivered the bed prior to the date, and let a construction worker sign for it, all the while we never received the phone call it was being delivered.

We complained and demanded they pick it up because it was likely to be damaged. They agreed. They decided to pick it up and deliver a new one all at the same time, when the air conditioning was set up and the house ready. When the time came, they did pick it up but brought TWO beds at that time. It took us months to negotiate them picking up the second bed which was brought by mistake. Then when we assembled everything, the bolt holes didn’t match up. It took us hours to assemble a king size bed that had 4 pieces, and we had to leave a couple bolts not tightened as they did not line up properly. The master shower was sent with the wrong rough in piece.

The plumber had to call and get another delivered, but by that time, the shower had been tiled and the drywall had to be busted out and redone from behind the wall. The shower head had so little pressure, it dribbled out and we had to remove the flow restrictor just to get a decent pressure. The couch...after 7 months, it looks wrinkly and worn like we’ve had it for 10 years. The bottom cushion never was taught with the fabric like the picture shows and the sample in the showroom. When we called about it, they said it was because we had it in storage. Now- keep in mind, we had it in air conditioned storage completely wrapped up in the original packaging. They told us to steam it and it would tighten up.

That did not work. The rug...it’s awful. Probably the WORST purchase EVER made. It is a basketweave rope wool rug. My designer picked it out. When it was delivered and set up, I requested the paperwork on it for care and maintenance as I did not order it. The delivery guys had no paperwork whatsoever. My cleaning lady vacuumed it and it immediately started falling apart. I called the service manager and explained the issue. She said it was because we vacuumed it with the beater bar.

I explained that I requested care info at delivery and they had none. She agreed to replace the rug and advised me on the care, vacuum suction only. We received the replacement the day before Thanksgiving, and by Christmas it looked exactly the same as the first rug regardless of following the care instructions. It’s the worst rug I’ve ever seen. It looks “fuzzy”, leaves tufts of fluff all over the house, and is falling apart. So much for paying $4000 on a stupid rug. I have to throw it away and it’s not even a year old. Overall, I am unhappy with EVERY purchase we made from Restoration Hardware and will not be shopping there again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Long story short: we spend $5300 on a cloud track sofa, it’s incredibly uncomfortable, we try to remedy that so we get what we pay for. We receive a big fat ‘get over it’ from RH. Here is my reply to tonight's denied repair request on our cloud track sofa: "Well this is beyond disappointing. This sofa is incredibly uncomfortable, we relate it to a ‘slip n slide’, when you sit in it you have to brace yourself so you don’t slide off. Our sofa does not sit even remotely like your floor model did in your store. I guess it’s a bait & switch?!! We will never buy anything from RH (Restoration Hardware) ever again and will be happy to share with anyone how shoddy your company truly is. I just wish I had listened to the reviews before me." Their merchandise looks and feels great in the store, another story in follow up and customer service once you’ve signed the dotted line. La-Z-Boy here we come!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I recently spent several thousands of dollars on a sofa. I ordered it in beginning of December. It’s now March 9 & I was scheduled for delivery 3 days ago. The delivery company was due to arrive between 8-11am. I received a call (after taking day off) at 10:45 telling me due to a storm the day before they couldn’t deliver. I have contacted RH over 10 times, all I am told is “I’m sorry” & “I understand”. It’s now 3 days later, I have no sofa, I rescheduled all my clients, sat home for 3 hours for nothing, sold all of my living room furniture & was billed (& paid for) on my credit card for something I still do not have.

It’s now Friday & I won’t hear anything until hopefully Monday! (Almost a week after it was scheduled to be here!) This is the worst customer service I have ever come across & the price for the product is astronomical! If the customer service was as high as the prices, they might be ok. Because of this, I will NEVER order another item from them ever again!!! I’m beyond mad. I tried tracking my item & it says delivered. When I called RH, they said that’s when it was delivered to delivery company. I tried calling delivery company, nobody answers, mailbox is full.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Restoration Hardware gives the illusion of high quality to get your money. After that you're on your own. I first ordered a set of the Belgian Linen sheets about 4 years ago and after a year they'd developed holes in the middle of the fitted sheet. I was sent a replacement set when I contacted customer service and I assumed it was a fluke and not indicative of the general quality of Restoration Hardware linens. That said, now, less than 6 months after the purchase of a second pair of these sheets I'm having the same issues as before. I make sure to delicately wash and air dry these sheets every time so I'm certain it isn't the care. But even still I would hope a set of sheets could last more than 6 months. Don't waste your money on any products from them! I just emailed customer service about this last set and all I got was a $50 credit and I get to keep my crappy sheets. Yay thanks, RH.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

6 months ago I bought this Aero table. This is a cautionary tale. The Marble was matte. Apparently its matte look was sprayed on. My Oval Marble Top table has been barely used. Parts are now shiny which lets me see that the coating is coming off revealing the shiny marble. I called and was told that perhaps I did not follow the directions only clean with water. I did spray it once with a marble polish: RH gave me the number of a furniture repairer and no, this is my problem. I live alone and when I say little use, I mean that. RH would not help with the expense to rectify this. I found a marble expert who was surprised that the finish was sprayed on. They told me how to remove the spray on finish. I will do this with acetone and then spray on a clear sealer. Whether or not you think RH should have been more helpful. I think that the product does not make sense as a dining room table.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Ordered a couch on December 18 with a confirmed delivery date of March 22nd. On January 17th received an email update that couch wouldn't arrive until May 1. When I finally got a rep to look into the Case, they presented us with several options. Refund and cancel. A paltry credit. Or a loaner couch while we wait. Well, the first loaner we chose was denied. The second loaner we chose, came from a specific list presented by the support rep! Also denied. The rep had no info why denied and could not help. No resolution. Absolute garbage and no resolution. - just going to wait?! One support rep told us that the fabric was delayed. Another support rep said the Chinese New Year production closure was the cause of the delay. I'm sure the Chinese New Year production closures have been in place for decades. It's absolutely RH's responsibility to incorporate that information into their delivery estimate. They did not. Total garbage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We purchased a sectional couch from RH and the Belgian linen material shredded (not all over - just at the bottoms of 2/3 pieces) after less than eighteen months. They will not replace the slipcovers - even though they recognize that this material should have lasted longer. We now will have to pay approximately $2,500 to replace the slipcovers. Waiting on a price for a stronger material called Army Duck No. 10 - hopefully that will last. We prefer Lee couches over RH at this time - those have held up. VERY DISAPPOINTED - you just have to laugh. WOW.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I placed an order for a sectional sofa and bed (over $10,000). Irene ** the ** at the Marin store assured me they would be delivered late January. Lo and behold the bed is delayed for several months. Irene doesn't answer calls or texts. She said on the first delay that I should purchase a temporary frame. And you can't cancel your order. ** these people. And to top it off, no one told me of the delays. I only learned by asking when calling about other delays.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I purchased the French Casement Sideboard from Restoration Hardware a few years back. The piece is lovely and looks great in our dining room. The problem is the locks have never worked properly. Every time I go in to get something it takes me 5 minutes to get the doors open. I have to push down on one side to get the locks to align up properly to get the door open. Then sometimes the key gets stuck in the lock and I'm trying to just get the key out and start again!! So frustrating!!! I would leave the doors unlocked, however, the doors fall open if I do. Had I known this would continue to be a problem when I purchased, I would have returned or exchanged. The problem is the piece is so big, I'm not sure they would have taken it back.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

After several back-and-forth emails with RH customer service, I was told that although the Atelier Task Floor Lamp came with a parts lists that identified the separate part in question, RH will not work with the vendor to procure a replacement part. They said that contractual obligations with the vendor precluded they're providing me with a direct contact with the vendor (in lieu of their refusal to help). My $400+ lamp from RH is worthless. Totally unacceptable customer service. I suggest that management at RH read Tom Peter's "In Search of Excellence." They need it!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Ben Solemani rug MIYA RUG - CHOCOLATE: I thought RH would have my back on this like Sears had my back on their Craftsman tools. I usually never have a problem with RH until I found myself stuck with a poorly manufactured rug. I paid nearly $4,000.00 for this rug but we anticipated having it for many many years since it is wool and usually in rugs you get better rugs when you pay more. Not the case this time. We are now dreading it. I bought the rug through a designer that helped us pick some things and arrange the house. I have a feeling that I paid full price for the rug but the designer paid something different. I take that this is normally the case.

Problem is I have not receipt from RH. My rug is shedding to the point when vacuumed the entire canister is filled with the rug. I called a rug expert and they said my rug was not made properly. I asked customer service for an even-exchange and they cannot help me without a receipt from RH. I offered to pay for shipping or pick it up and still no go. Also the rug is on FINAL SALE and they still will not even exchange. Very unreasonable. I am going to never shop here again. My house is full of RH. I am very disappointed that they let me down on this one.

Restoration Hardware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Selection: Living, diving, bed and bathroom, plus lighting, textiles, rugs, windows, hardware, décor, art, outdoor and holiday furnishing.

• Delivery: Flat shipping and delivery rates based on distance.

• Returns: Eligible (non-customized) items are eligible for returns and exchanges.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs