1.73/5
  • 1 star
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

326 Restoration Hardware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

If I could I would give the company 0 stars. Recently I purchased almost an entire house of furniture and unfortunately I did not read the RH reviews beforehand. My experience has been exactly like all the others, damaged pieces and extremely poor quality. Over less than a year the wood pieces have been cracking and the fabric is shedding. My 10k sofa, which we barely sit on, looks 10 years old. Many pieces were delivered broken and I even had a wall mirror delivered that had no means by which to hang it.

I can’t believe that furniture with these prices are so poorly constructed. I have come to the conclusion that their marketing department is brilliant, it’s the old smoke and mirrors. They must spend a fortune on their catalogs to make the rooms “look” so beautiful. Don’t be fooled like I was by how beautiful these rooms appear in the catalogs nor the gallery. THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE GETTING! Also DO NOT USE THEIR DESIGNERS. They are never around and their designs won’t blow you away, anyone with a good eye for style can do better. They try to work into your design pieces what that they are no longer going to be selling. You can probably get a college design major to do a better job.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Can’t believe I got suckered into buying this 6k cloud set. Yes it is comfy but it sheds every single day. Salesperson promised this and that about it. All that suckered me into purchasing it. Now that I see the quality of the way it’s built and made I regret it so much spending 6k on this set. This sofa will leave bits and feather all over your floors after sitting or lounging on it. Strictly horrible and overpriced. Never again I will spend my money at RH. Just way overpriced furniture.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I bought a bedroom set from Restoration hardware for more than 4,000$. The bed that was delivered with a broken footboard. They promised a free replacement. One month later they delivered the wrong model. They took it back and promised to send the new one within 2 weeks. Now they refuse to send the new footboard unless I pay 604 $. Emailed the CEO. No answer. Highway robbery. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We love RH products and recently purchased over 15 pieces to decorate our pool area. We bought their custom covers to protect our investment. Each cover was tailored to cover the piece from top to bottom - except for the custom daybed cover! For some reason it is "customized" to cover only the cushions and not the furniture itself. None of the other covers were made this way. See picture with other RH product covers in foreground and background. Unfortunately, the Customer Service agent tried to "explain" the logic behind this illogical design. It was almost comical. Bottom line: they don't plan to do anything about it. So Beware! I will be exploring other companies who DO make custom covers to fit. And I guess I'll just have to eat my $136 expense. Not happy.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The down comforter I bought from RH has been used maybe 150 times. The feathers seep out and fill the bedroom. RH would not consider taking this back and replacing it. I would look elsewhere as poor quality allied to no accountability to make things right by the consumer add up to a very poor experience. I have bought many many items from RH over the years but I would be very wary of buying anything where quality of manufacturing could be an issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We have been having issues with our bill for the last 11 months! They messed up the bill and refuse to give our money back for a refund as if it has never happened. Horrible experience! We spent over $60,000 Canadian dollars! Waste of money...

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Very happy with the quality of everything that I have purchased from RH. Currently remodeling my house with vanities, lighting, mirrors, chandeliers, stools, dining table, and more from RH. Very friendly customer service and no issues with deliveries, other than a crystal finial that arrived broken and is currently in backorder.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Back in May, I received a source book from RHModern and in it I found a sofa I loved. It was vintage in style but looked modern with the fabric options and the walnut wood trim (per the sourcebook’s description and the website). Before I ordered it, I did all my research. I researched the different fabric types and the durability. I took the photo of the image and laid them next to other pieces of future in my house to see if the wood would match. Turns out it would, walnut would match very nicely in my home and mohair velvet in charcoal with go great with the back splash of my kitchen in the great room.

I called about the sofa to see if they had a model on the floor. They did not, but I spoke with a man who said he was at the source book photo shoot and the sofa looked great. I went into the store gallery with my daughter and we worked with a wonderful young lady who help us look at the fabric options and the colors. We laid the color swatches in natural light as well as just regular store lights. I wasn't sure so I took two fabric swatches home and sat with them and laid them in different lighting around my house as the fabric was the only thing I could choose for this particular pieces, besides what side I wanted the chaise lounge on (right or left). This is important because the wood was suppose to be walnut in color, so no need for me to ask about different wood color options, right?

After making a final decision, I went back to the store and made my order on June 12 and returned the swatches and purchased one more swatch of the color I would get on the sofa for my family to see. Then I went home. I was told that I would be contacted between July 10th -17th. By July 18th, I still had no word and received no call or email about the delivery. So I finally emailed and was told that the woman I was working with didn't work there anymore. Ok, fine, that happens a lot in retail, but you would think someone would have contacted me about the furniture order.

While on the phone with this new person (July 18th) who seem cavalier about the whole thing, she informed me that the item was on back order. I stated, "Well shouldn't someone have told me that." She replied with, "Well an email should have been sent out to you." So at this point I'm looking for emails from RH modern in my in my inbox. I proceed to tell the woman on the phone, that I did not receive an email. She stated that one should have gone out, and I said it hasn't and she said she would look into it.

On July 27 I finally received an email saying my order was delayed and that my new contact date to schedule delivery would be on or before Aug 13th. So almost month later than expected. So I wait. Finally I get contacted on Aug 11th saying that they would like to schedule delivery for Wednesday Aug 16th. Aug 16th arrives and we, my family, are very excited to finally have this new sofa. Once they unwrapped it and finished putting it in the right spot, I asked if I were to sign anything. They give me just a tablet and said sign with your figure. No one asked me to see if all was ok. Is this what you were expecting, are the colors right. All they said was to sign and on the tablet there were no words to be read, just a white space and a line. So I signed it (maybe that was my mistake) not sure.

So they leave and I'm looking at it now that it's in place and something is off. I can't quite place it. Why doesn't it match? What happened? Then I realize that the wood trim is black no walnut in color. At this point, I'm getting upset. How did this happen? Did I miss something in my ordering process? Did I over look such an important detail as black trim? So I go onto the website and look at the source book. Both the website and source book say walnut color trim. So why was mine black. Also when you just look with the naked at eye at the source book and website the trim is clearly brown in hue, not black.

I called the store that day and gave my complaint and grievance to a woman. She said, sorry about that, and that she would contact the vendor to see if that was the correct color. So I waited. Time passed and in this case if felt like forever. So I emailed her with photos of the black trim and with screen shots of their website in which is clearly states walnut trim finish.

She finally contacts me via email around 6:30 pm and states that her leader saw the prototype in person and that the finish she saw was a dark black walnut. And that she would be reaching out the vendor of this piece to confirm that this is the correct finish of the walnut or if the website needs to be updated. The latter statement to me says: that if the black finish I got was correct "walnut" color then their website was wrong and they should update, but also it's on them (RH and Vendor) for misrepresentation and they should pay the cost to fix or give full refund, not the half refund they give on custom orders.

She also went on to say that she would get in touch with me to see about what solutions they have for the warm brown walnut finish I was expecting and looking for. As of now, I haven't her back and it's now Friday Aug 18th. I did call yesterday and asked to speak with a manager who said he was aware of the situation and would have this woman call me back. I've had this sofa for 2 nights and 3 days now. We aren't sitting on it because if for some reason it needs to be return, we want to return it in the same condition in which I received it. I've even blocked off my living room, just to be on the safe side. So far my experience isn't going well, but we will see how they plan to remedy this problem. Especially since it was a $14,000+ purchase.

A little about me for character sake, if that helps. I'm a mom of 3 kids ages 12-16. Been married for 16 yrs to the same wonderful man. In our 3rd owned home together, why I wanted to splurge on a nice sofa. Volunteered since I was 10 yrs of age in various roles, was a girl scouts. Work in a church which I did not apply for, they offered the job to me or should I say, they said to me one day "We are going to start paying you" and ever since my work load has increased because I care about what I do.

This isn't my first time buying custom furniture though it is my first time having such an experience. Which is why I'm writing this review. I usually don't write reviews, but this experience has me typing away. All this to say, this will be my final purchase with RHModern and its affiliates. I would not recommend them to anyone, clearly more expensive doesn't mean better. On a plus note: the sofa itself is very beautiful and looks like a piece of art but with the trim in black does not fit the rest of my decor. I am sad.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I received a 9x12 very expensive woven Zeta rug from RH. After a week, I noticed flies everywhere near the rug. I pulled up the corners and noticed rice size black larvae and dead flies between the rug and pad. I am horrified. I killed over a hundred flies in my house and there are more about to hatch. RH refunded my rug and delivery, but I still can't believe the quality of this $2,000 rug. I'm still sick about putting my family's health at risk with this rug obviously from India or China. I just want to warn others about this issue. Don't take the risk of buying from RH.

Original review: July 27, 2017

While I appreciate the quality and design of the furniture, the shipping and delivery experience has been an absolute disaster. Wrong items shipped, damaged items and "losing" a 230 pound 9' long media console during shipping. I have no confidence that RH can deliver a product they sell.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I purchased my marble table from RH because that time it looked like the best option. The day I got my delivery workers hit my door with it making the crack on it. Moment they put it on the floor they made huge scratches. I refused to accept the table. After two weeks of waiting a new table was delivered to me and guess what it was even in worst condition than the first one. It looked like someone made cracks and scratches on it and store just smoothly restore it. Table looked horrible. I did send it back again. I don't know what to expect next.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I just received nearly $10,000 of brand new Restoration Hardware bedroom furniture (2 night stands and a dresser) with the Shagreen finish. There is a highly toxic smell coming from the drawers and the furniture in general. It has been over a week and it won't go away and is making both my husband and I dizzy and nauseous. The last bedroom furniture I purchased from them 5-6 years ago was beautifully lined with cedar and well made. I don't know where the furniture is being made now or how something so toxic could be imported to the US but, I will not order from them again. This is horrible!

Original review: June 20, 2017

I worked at RH in Westport from before it actually opened its doors with Richard Gordon at the helm through to Gary Friedman's destruction of true customer service and beyond for about 12 years. (I had a very low 4-digit employee #!) During that time - before 9/11 - my husband and I purchased the Blaine Bedroom Set with a king bed, 2 side tables and the 11-drawer bureau! At that time the policy was that you could return ANY PURCHASE at ANY TIME without even having a receipt, and you would receive the last price it sold for in cash, even if we no longer sold it! It was especially difficult to research items that were years old to find the UPC code to give the reimbursement, but no matter what, we ultimately were successful! The philosophy was "The Customer Is ALWAYS Right!" And we were always pleasant and persistent!

Now I have had reason to call the store in Westport to try to get some replacement bureau handles that were lost in a move and some sort of help regarding a cracking bedside table top. I provided my name, employee #, and name of the furniture set! The employee said that they didn't have it in their UPC reference book so it couldn't be replaced. Couldn't I just buy some new handles. Well. They are such an oddball size no one makes it! Not even RH.

I asked to speak to his manager to give him a break. She didn't "remember " them ever carrying Blaine furniture and she couldn't find anything under my # except a RETURN of the Blaine Headboard because it was broken. Aha! The Blaine did in fact exist!!! Then she said she didn't have any other things with the UPC #'s, and couldn't help any further since the table couldn't be replaced or new hardware from the manufacturer! And they didn't have the records which they ALWAYS kept in employee purchases! We are not finished yet!

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have furnished three homes with Restoration Hardware. Each time I have experienced excellent service. I had an issue with a marble dining table and they were right on it and willing to replace the piece. I am very happy with the company. The furniture is beautiful and I love the new Modern pieces.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I would expect much more decent service for a company who is trying to differentiate on quality and whose price point is what it is! I paid $6k for a couch. Delivery vendor is awful. I called to try and schedule a delivery and the woman didn't know how to contact her colleague who I had sent the COI. She got frustrated and hung up on me. I emailed the vendor three times asking what my delivery slot was and got no response! Then when the delivery finally got scheduled I stayed home for my time slot and the couch never showed up! Call customer service only for them to say "Yeah that happened to a customer this morning - she still hasn't received hers". You would think that they would learn from that experience and tell other customers that day that they were experiencing issues. I'll never shop here again.

Original review: May 17, 2017

My experience with Restoration Hardware was my first and quite possibly my last. I ordered a media system from their final sale. I was billed before the item was scheduled to be delivered, which I thought was odd because even Rooms To Go waits until it is delivered. Anyways, the delivery company calls to schedule date and said to expect a call in a couple of days to schedule delivery window, woman was okay, not rude but not friendly either. Delivery company calls like she said, and schedules the time frame for delivery.

Day of delivery, I get a phone call, same woman that scheduled the date says: "Did they call you?" then laughs and says it was damaged. "Do you still want it? call this # and tell them what happened." Really?? I have to call and explain? I called RH and explain and tell them to reverse the charges including the membership fee. Of course, the woman on the other end tries to talk me out of it. Bottom line, at their prices they should have a reputable delivery company that can handle all deliveries with class!

Original review: May 15, 2017

I had an unforeseen issue with my $4300 couch. Not only did RH completely disregard my concerns, not respond or return my calls, but they also did not help me find a solution. I had my now damaged couch for less than 5 years and I think this business is bogus. I requested they have the staff do a site visit to assess the damage and RH refused. You will get better customer service at Bob's Furniture or Ashley Furniture and pay a fraction of the price. Just because you pay a lot for their furniture you are not paying for high quality customer service. I suggest you avoid RH as much as possible.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Before I begin with my own review, wanted to touch on "Allison from NY"'s review. It makes no sense. She says she received a throw as a gift and loved it so much that she bought 4 more. When she washed the one she received as a gift, it was basically ruined and, when calling RH, was asked for a receipt. She said, because it was a gift, she had no proof of purchase, so nothing could be done. Um, she said she bought FOUR MORE, so why not just give the proof of purchase from one of those 4, if they are exactly the same item??

ANYWHO, now for my own review... I think a good rule of thumb when shopping at RH is to stick with their smaller items (lighting and accessories, primarily). Never buy large case goods (tables, dressers, dining furniture, etc), as they look good, initially, but are made terribly. Certain popular websites (O.co, for example) carry many of the very same pieces for a fraction of the price.

A great example is their "aviator chair" (which I own). RH sells this chair for between $2000 and $3000, while o.co has the exact same chair for $559 (theirs is called the "accelerator chair"). Keep in mind, RH will charge an additional $200 for shipping (o.co's shipping is free). It is literally the same exact chair. A friend of mine ordered the o.co version and we compared hers to mine. They have to be made by the same manufacturer, because every single thing, down to the rivets, is identical. It was after seeing this that I decided never to pay the insane prices for seating that RH charges. I mean, I can see a little more, but $1500-$2500 more, PLUS $200 for shipping?? NO THANKS.

RH is very hit or miss when it comes to their customer service. I ordered a light fixture and immediately realized I'd ordered the wrong finish. Within moments of placing the order, I contacted customer service and was told there was nothing that could be done, as the item had been "reserved". This was a Sunday evening, at about 11:00pm. I was so angry, I told them I would simply refuse the package and would not be reordering. The customer service person's response was, "Is there anything else I can help you out with today?" At which point I hung up. I called back a few minutes later and reached a different rep. I explained the situation to him and he profusely apologized, cancelled the wrong fixture and ordered the proper one for me. There seems to be no consistency from one rep to the next, as far as their policies go.

As far as the lighting goes... Pretty much my entire home has been outfitted with RH lighting. Yes, it's a bit pricey, but the quality and style is great, compared to what's available at large home improvement retailers. If you live near an RH Outlet, I would HIGHLY suggest a visit, as they have a lot of lighting that's been marked down and they offer an 40% off on most weekends. Just make sure to inspect them prior to leaving the store, as they are not returnable. I found a gorgeous Meridian chandelier (now discontinued), marked down from $2000 to $200! It now hangs over my bed, after a few years above my dining table. I will attach a pic.

RH does have wonderful Christmas decor, although I would suggest waiting until after Christmas to purchase. I just wish they would discount a bit deeper. It is nearly May and they still have quite a bit available, because they seem to reduce the price one time and that's pretty much it. The moral of this story is just steer clear of the large furniture pieces RH offers. Stick with lighting, accessories and SOME of the small, occasional furniture pieces and mirrors. Do this and you'll be fine.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I bought a complete dining room set and the entire ordeal was a disaster! The first sideboard doors did not close properly into the holes, therefore the doors shake and are unleveled. The second sideboard delivered was in worse condition so I kept the first one. I returned all the dining chairs because they were all pilled and dirty. (RH advertises the chairs are made of the finest Belgian linen.) Belgian linen does not pill. The first hutch came in a totally different color than the rest of the set so I returned that on.The second hutch had dripping stain all down the bottom of the front lower area of the door and base. The table had chipped wood along the sides. All their furniture is made in China. Please do your research before buying RH Restoration Hardware!

Original review: April 1, 2017

Purchased this printmakers double vanity washstand, I paid $200 for deliver. Delivery took 2 1/2 weeks, had the plumber and counter company ready to go (took one month to set up appointments with both plumber and counter company). The vanity arrived and I was told by the delivery team that the vanity was checked twice, once before it left the Waterhouse and again before delivery. I was so disappointed to find the front left leg was damaged, chunk of partial wood was pushed in, about 5" of damage (supposedly it was listed as being SOLID WOOD). I was willing to keep the vanity as is, just to avoid the inconvenience.

Contacted Restoration Hardware and they offered me 10% off the damaged vanity!!! Or to order a new vanity and it would take another 2 1/2 weeks for delivery. I asked if the vanity could be a rush delivery, due to all the inconvenience that this has brought to my household. Nothing more could be done, even having a one bathroom home out of service for this long. Customer service did not help, during this huge inconvenience in my household of 5! Very disappointed in company.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I purchased the 7 foot Petite Maxwell sofa on August 1, 2016 and it was delivered in mid-September. I found the sofa uncomfortable but that is not the reason I am writing this review. After 6 months, the upholstery on the seat cushion split creating a 2" hole. I expect wear and tear over time - although nothing similar has occurred with other sofas or chairs. I live alone and while I sit on the sofa every day, I expect more than 6 months of wear. Like other reviewers, I've concluded that RH is more about style than substance and given how it prices its merchandise, and not a good value.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I'm doing a home remodel, and after waiting for months for the Oval Aero Marble Table and the Shagreen Cube Rectangular Coffee Table, they were finally delivered. Within 3 weeks, the table, billed as a honed Carrara marble literally cracked and started to fall off the pedestal overnight like an earthquake had hit it-- it was clearly made of veneer, despite its >$4,000 price tag. After several urgent calls to customer service, I received an email that the marble was "around plywood", and not solid. The faulty tabletop posed an emergency and, upon threatening that RH would be responsible for my hardwood floor damage if they did not pick it up the same day, the delivery company agreed to get it.

Similarly, the table, made of Shagreen with brass edges, and >$1400, started to experience separation. The glued table edges began to separate and the brass edges started to crack off. Honestly, I've seen better furniture at Sears. Now, I'm doing my best to get refunded, but that is coming in fits and starts, and requiring multiple phone calls. Incredibly disappointing experience. Focus more on furniture quality and less on the glamour of your stores.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I purchased zinc lanterns and they started rusting. I would have expected better quality from RH and when I asked for assistance, none was provided. The whole reason for me purchasing zinc was to avoid the issue of rusting. Very disappointed to pay a premium price for a substandard product. I would not recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I purchased bar stool through RH. Chairs are not the problem. They also sent out cabinet hardware that was not ordered. I was charged an extra $50 shipping on top of the $200 I was charged for the chairs. I explained that I didn't order the cabinet hardware and they couldn't help me with anything. Even though I had spent thousands of dollars over the past year with the company... Then I had to pay to return the hardware. Customer service refused to help me. Terrible company with terrible customer service. Cancelled my RH membership and will not be buying anything from them again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I purchased a 20TH C. ENGLISH SLIDER GLASS WIDE DOUBLE-DOOR CABINET from Restoration Hardware. Its original price was $4000, I got it on sale for $2000 - still a lot of money for a glass cabinet. I don't mind paying more money for quality, but problem with RH is they try to come off as selling high-end furniture (the prices certainly are). But when you take away the fancy marketing and actually look at their furniture - they are all extremely cheaply made in China junk that are constructed poorly and with low-end materials. Add on the poor service, and you got a disaster trying to order furniture from them.

Here's a timeline of my nightmare after placing order for this glass cabinet: The material are extremely cheap, the wood used are all cracked and peeling, the hardware parts that are installed on the wood were screwed on uneven and done extremely poorly. The hardware themselves are rusted (no not as weathered style just very poor quality). EVERYTHING is MADE IN CHINA including the hardware. The whole thing looks like it was something I can pick up in a bob furniture store - actually that will be an insult to bob furniture.

Some fun issues include: The giant sliding glass door will literally fall off if you slide it as it's not secured on top. The doors do not close even, there is a giant gap on top. The doors squeak and extremely difficult to slide even after adding some lubricant, because the hardware was not installed evenly on the door. The glass doors are completely scratched up - looks like after you try to sand glass. Cleaning did not help. There are damages and scratches everywhere, corners chipped off, deep gashes like someone took a knife and went across the entire thing.

The delivery service has NO clue how to install this cabinet, even though they are all wearing RH shirts. They are not professionals. The 2 guys spent 4 hours and couldn't figure out how to get the top on, or how to install the sliding door. To be fair - part of the problem is because how badly the furniture itself is. They didn't even try to ask if I was OK with, and just told me I should call RH to have the cabinets replace it. In summary, RH is OK for some of the hardware like cabinet handles and faucets, but when it comes to furniture they are a scam. They try to charge heirloom quality prices for furnitures that are made in China AND very cheaply made junk. Avoid.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

I received a faux fur throw as a gift. I loved it so much I purchased 4 more for myself and many as gifts. I washed the one that was gifted to me. As The tag indicates "gentle wash". After washing, the texture changed and it's now so hard it cannot be used. I called customer service and she immediately said "oh those should be dry cleaned". Well the tag says they can be washed. So that's the first problem.

She then said "let's exchange this for you"- she went through the inventory they had available and we selected the replacement color. She then requests a receipt or proof of purchase. Many problems with this request: Ummm this was a gift!!! The only way they were able to track the purchase was if it was purchased online versus in an actual store. If it was purchased in a store they offered zero assistance.

They ONLY sell their own brand name products and their products are NOT sold in any over outlet. So how is this not proof it was purchased at a restoration hardware?? So now I have to rid of an expensive throw because I can't prove it was purchased there. Which is baffling!!! Their customer service is awful. Will no longer purchase anything there knowing they do not stand behind their own products.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

I have bought much furniture from RH over the past couple of years. The problem I am having is with their delivery company, FGO Logistics of Elmwood Park, NJ. They have a habit of not arriving during the specified time interval. One time they arrived at 7:30 AM on a Saturday, and today they were supposed to arrive between 9:00 and 11:00 AM. My neighbor told me that someone was ringing my bell at 8:00 AM, so, needless to say, I was not available to answer. I called the delivery service and was told that my delivery was delayed. When I called them at 3:00 PM they said they were done for the day, so my apartment is left in disarray without my furniture.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I placed an order for a bed on sale. It took several weeks for someone to call and say the bed made it to Michigan, for delivery. Then another week later, I received a call from RH telling me the bed has been damaged and there are no more of these beds left in the color that I wanted. Instead of saying, "we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we would be more than happy to deliver the white bed to you at no delivery charges or a discount for your inconvenience." There was nothing!

Really... Whatever happened to making the customer happy, so they will tell someone else the good news about how RH went out of their way to follow through on an order. Now, they lost a sale and they are getting a complaint to Consumer Affairs. Thanks for nothing. Oh, I guess you will refund the interest you made off of $1400.00 for 1 month. For that reason, I give you 1 star because I cannot give a zero. Maybe you should go visit L.L. Bean and take some lessons.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I loved the two solid crystal lamps I ordered from Restoration Hardware through their membership program. I got them at 25% discount and they looking stunning in my bedroom. I had absolutely no issues with ordering or receiving these lamps. I am quite surprised by the negative comments on this site. Great company and fabulous quality of products!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I ordered this chair and was quickly dissatisfied. The seat cushion depressed where I sat only 3 hours. The leather is so soft that it's bagging and wrinkling on the seat cushion in huge ugly wrinkles. The height is advertised at 27.5 inches and I only measure 21.5 inches. When I called customer service today I was told that I should have expected a depressed seat cushion because it's polyfiber, it's meant to cave in and the leather is supposed to gap and wrinkle. They would not consider an exchange or even store credit. They told me to call back in a year. What? I weigh 110 lb. What will this chair look like after my husband sits in it for a year? No longer an RH fan.

Restoration Hardware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Complementary decor and accessories: Restoration Hardware offers a large selection of home accessories to match the styles and colors of its furnishings. Custom window treatments or matching rugs can help finish a room.

• Customize hardware: In addition to a wide variety of furniture options, Restoration Hardware also lets you choose accents like drawer handles, door-knockers and hinge designs.

• Source Book app: Do you love to leaf through pages of interior designs looking for inspiration? The Source Book mobile app lets you see what Restoration Hardware has to offer without having to lug around a heavy catalog.

• Green: Restoration Hardware is working to do its part for the environment by cutting back on how often the Source Book is printed and using 100 percent forest-certified paper.

• Trade sales: Restoration Hardware offers a 20 percent discount for all trade orders, except those made online.

• Best for: Luxury buyers, interior designers and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs