2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Restoration Hardware Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Unique products and large variety of accessories. Good place for furniture components and hardware. Like the selection of miscellaneous parts and furniture are nice selection from modern to retro motiff. I do like the store because I always find something different from the other places. The store staff are very helpful and I wish there were more store in the area. One I go to is in Short Hills Mall, a bit far from my home. But the online store is well built and easy to navigate. I can always look in website prior to heading to the store. Have not purchased anything from the website because it does not offer free shipping.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

It’s too bad that they don’t have info on the gsm weight of this linen, but my estimation is it’s probably around 125-130gsm. Super lightweight and soft and just keeps getting softer and softer, like sleeping on cloud. The softest linen I’ve ever felt, even softer than cotton as it’s so fluffy!! The weave is VERY fine, MINIMAL lint, and high white shine. The duvet cover is made in Italy, woven from Italian mills. I’ve sampled many linen over the years and this linen truly is one of the best that you can’t find anywhere else. Workmanship is great as well. RH has non made in China good stuff. You just have to look for them, and I purchased mine on eBay for less than half of retail price, brand new. VERY happy!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Karen (biggest fool of all) spent 27k at RH?! Several other rubes pay full blown retail, at RH?! No wonder you all are pissed off about not having quality and look commensurate with the price. Our house is gorgeously decorated with select RH prices including a 12k sectional couch we purchased for $1,700, amazing lighting we got at 75% off, club chairs for $200 for the pair, 5k rug for $750, impressive giant cabinet retailed for $4,400 we bought for around $750, bathroom vanities originally 5k each for less than $1,500 each. My god we have the most luxurious RH towels that cost the same as Target towels! Literally the only thing we paid even close to retail was a 10ft Maxwell destroyed leather couch which our RH membership discount, plus a sale knocked off 3k from the 7,700k price making it totally affordable.

Have any of you fools even considered checking out the outlets? WTF? Who would pay 27k for 4 prices of RH crap? Outlets have so much great stuff and have 50% of sales monthly on top of the already steep discount. My wife just bought a 3k bed frame for her sisters as a house warming from the outlet outside Austin. Price? $550! It was a typical outlet return with a slight scratch that was easily fixed and now my wife is a hero and her sister is thrilled. Besides the RH outlets check, out Craigslist or eBay. People get rid of overpriced RH stuff all the time. Why pay the ridiculously high prices when with just a bit of effort you can save $1000's and your house looks like you have money to burn. No wonder you people are all so mad, I'd be mad too if I was such a sucker! We LOVE RH but only because we pay what it's worth, not what they con you into paying.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Restoration Hardware should close its doors forever because they are nothing but stealers. They play with you, don’t follow up, you are just a number and when you pay, you are completely disregard. They would call you non stop if you miss 2 cents but they won’t comply with their services. Nobody cares, you will spend hours and hours to get someone to do something for you, you’ll have to tell your story a hundred times over and over. You won’t receive your order, or maybe several months later, and you’ll be disappointed with quality. The worst store ever! It was not like this several years ago, customer service; inexistent. You already live under too much stress, don’t pay to have more stress like this!!!! Dr. SM

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I ordered two towels from RH on Cyber Monday. Their idea of a Cyber Monday sale was $2 off per towel. Not only that, the towels didn't arrive by Christmas, nor by the promised delivery time of 1/3. When I wrote to customer service, their response from three different people was "we're sorry but too bad." Absolutely not worth shopping here, especially for the price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Modern wall mount hand held shower and modern lever handle gooseneck faucets in aged brass are getting black spots. The black spots are peeling off. The shower hose has turned an ugly color of greenish white.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

About 1 year ago I spent over $10,000 on various items from Restoration Hardware. I worked with a representative in the store to pick out pieces and plan a layout for my home. Initially I was happy with the service I received. After that there were many issues and RH customer service did not meet my expectations.

1. The table was delivered with defects.
          2. One of the chairs had a large splintering piece of wood from the seat
          3. The top of the coffee table I ordered started fading and chipping away.

4. Delivery of many items took a lot longer than initially quoted.

When I spoke with an RH rep regarding these issues I was dismissed again and again with the response that there was nothing that they could (or would) do. When furniture is so expensive you expect that at least the quality of the items will be up to par. Unfortunately this is not the case with RH.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Purchased over $18K in furniture (couch, cocktail table and small dining table and four chairs) and sat down with design rep. She agreed once furniture arrived she would come out and help with paint colors and accessories. When we stopped by afterwards she was busy or had excuse and cancelled two appointments. Couch with chaise arrived and was defective-almost 2 1/2 inch gap between couch and chaise and chaise had seam half-way down cushion. We waited almost 3 months for sofa and although they replaced no one called to apologize. Honestly, their furniture is not worth the extra price and they blow smoke up your a!! to let you think you matter and you really do not. Look elsewhere, Overpriced and full of themselves.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I purchased 2 linen sofas, a dining table and chairs 3 years ago. The sofa cushions were broken down and shapeless after less than one year even though we probably only sit on it a couple of times per week. Not worth the money at all.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This store on surface is good, but it's not made well at all. We want nice quality furniture and we are given no choice. So in short it looks good but does not hold up. Also this company is very overpriced.

Not sure about Restoration Hardware?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Restoration Hardware expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Selection: Living, diving, bed and bathroom, plus lighting, textiles, rugs, windows, hardware, décor, art, outdoor and holiday furnishing.

• Delivery: Flat shipping and delivery rates based on distance.

• Returns: Eligible (non-customized) items are eligible for returns and exchanges.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team