2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Restoration Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: May 23, 2020

2 items...I bought them 6 years ago.. They replaced both of them. I sent pictures, the representatives on the phone were so kind and beyond helpful. I love the company! I have many things from them and they honor their products.

Original review: April 3, 2020

We bought a set of four chairs in 2012. A few days ago, one chair broke and we called the company to ask if it was possible to fix the chair. They just shipped us for free four new chairs. That's what I call good customer service.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Unique products and large variety of accessories. Good place for furniture components and hardware. Like the selection of miscellaneous parts and furniture are nice selection from modern to retro motiff. I do like the store because I always find something different from the other places. The store staff are very helpful and I wish there were more store in the area. One I go to is in Short Hills Mall, a bit far from my home. But the online store is well built and easy to navigate. I can always look in website prior to heading to the store. Have not purchased anything from the website because it does not offer free shipping.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Restoration Hardware used to be known for their quality and customer service. Not any more. In the last few months, I've ordered two items that have not lived up to my expectations. The first was a fan that was not the quality that I had expected from them but it works ok. I found the exact same fan later on the internet that was half the price and free shipping. Resto does not have free shipping. The second was a rug that within two months had started to come apart. It is a traditional oriental rug.

I have 7 other hand-knotted all wool rugs in my house - some older than 25 years. They all look exceptionally good. The expensive hand-knotted 100% wool rug from Restoration Hardware does not look good after 2 months. I wrote to them about the issues it was having and they just blamed me for it and told me there was nothing they could do. If I'm so hard on rugs why do all my other rugs still look so good? I highly recommend that you do not buy anything from Restoration Hardware.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I recently remodeled a room in my home and purchased several items from Restoration Hardware. I had two main issues that were handled poorly by them. The first was a lamp that was ordered with a delivery date of 1 month after I placed my order. A few days before the lamp was scheduled to arrive, I received a notice that there was a 7 month delay! When I called to discuss the issue, they could not supply a reason why this occurred nor did they offer anything to compensate. It appears they are selling items they don't even have.

The second issue was concerning the drapes I ordered. I requested fabric swatches and chose a fabric that they sent to have made into drapes. The material snags so easily that they already look bad and they have been hanging for less than 2 months. The material never should have been offered as a drapery fabric, it is unsuitable for this use. When I called to discuss and try to get another set of drapes in another fabric, I was told that they could not do this because the drapes were a special order, although I'm not sure why since they were a standard size. Again, no offer to try and do something to work thru the situation with me.

The entire experience with them was disappointing, I spent a lot of money with them over the course of 3 months to remodel this room and chose to do business with what I thought was a reputable brand, but they were a huge disappointment. I would not recommend spending the money for RH, they don't stand behind their products or service.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

We’ve used RH for many rooms...we like the style and we like their design branch yet without fail, with each purchase there has always been an issue with the furniture requiring replacement and/or repair. The latest and now for us the final RH purchase was a sofa and 2 swivel chairs. The purchase was custom made. With covid there has been no home entertaining and the swivel chair item has not been used as we use the TV/family room instead.

A couple of weeks after purchase a red, rust like stain appeared from under the crease where the back meets the seat. The seat has no red staining. We have not used this seat, do not have young children and have certainly not eaten or drunk anything in this room which is currently not being used. RH unwilling to take any responsibility. With our other poor experiences in mind it’s time to move on and find a better furniture supplier. Don’t waste your money or time with this company. You’re buying into a magazine lifestyle but the reality is shoddy materials, shoddy workmanship and time consuming replacements and/or repairs. Look elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Do not shop here! They are the "Xfinity" of furniture stores. After several backorders on a VERY expensive sectional sofa that they GUARANTEED was going to get to me by early July, it continues being back-ordered, and they switched vendors. When I was concerned about whether the quality would be the same, the manager (Mark) condescendingly told me that "well they haven't had any complaints", but insisted that if I wasn't satisfied with the quality I had no recourse.

Furthermore, I probably spent 4 hours on hold and trying to contact managers with the issues and left probably 6-7 messages for a manager to call me back without response. Now, I finally decided to cancel the order after months of back and forth, was confirmed that it would be cancelled and refunded, and a week later they charged my card AGAIN ELEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! I'm trying to book a flight to visit a friend dying of cancer and my card is maxed because I wasn't anticipating $11,000 on it! For a sofa I cancelled!!! And of course can't get in touch with a manager again. I'm beyond upset. Do not shop here!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I bought a rug from Restoration in March of 2020. Within a few months, it started to fall apart. I've exchanged 5 or 6 emails with customer service folks who insist on telling me that my issues are not defects. So, I guess what they are saying is, "the $1000+ item we sold you is a piece of rubbish, but it's exactly the rubbish we promised you it would be. Of course, we won't stand by our product." Isn't poor quality a defect? I expected more from a seller like RH, and got less. Don't shop here. Ever.

Original review: July 30, 2020

3 summers ago we ordered a RH dining table. French Farmhouse rectangular table with extension in grey. By the time we received it we were almost ready to leave this home (summer home) for our other home. We spent just under $3000. By the next summer (2019) it was clearly losing some of its top layer. There were spots on the edges that snagged knit clothing. I contacted RH with photos. I was told it was “the nature” of the veneer and that I could purchase a refinishing kit. Seriously? This is a home with adults and the table is always used with placemats. By this summer (2020) the table is just getting worse. It looks like junk. Over the years we’ve spent a LOT of $ at RH. Never again.

Original review: July 12, 2020

RH wouldn't replace 1 of 5 chairs that delaminated and stated that we probably "snagged" the chair (which has a rough sharp edge that snags if you sit on it and lean back). Exact RH quote: "Since this is not a widespread issue among the other chairs you purchased it is not considered a manufacture defect and we are unable to offer an exchange for a new chair." Terrible customer service and will not purchase from RH again.

Restoration Hardware author review by ConsumerAffairs

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Selection: Living, diving, bed and bathroom, plus lighting, textiles, rugs, windows, hardware, décor, art, outdoor and holiday furnishing.

• Delivery: Flat shipping and delivery rates based on distance.

• Returns: Eligible (non-customized) items are eligible for returns and exchanges.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team