2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Restoration Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Restoration Hardware?

Original review: May 23, 2020

2 items...I bought them 6 years ago.. They replaced both of them. I sent pictures, the representatives on the phone were so kind and beyond helpful. I love the company! I have many things from them and they honor their products.

Original review: April 3, 2020

We bought a set of four chairs in 2012. A few days ago, one chair broke and we called the company to ask if it was possible to fix the chair. They just shipped us for free four new chairs. That's what I call good customer service.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Unique products and large variety of accessories. Good place for furniture components and hardware. Like the selection of miscellaneous parts and furniture are nice selection from modern to retro motiff. I do like the store because I always find something different from the other places. The store staff are very helpful and I wish there were more store in the area. One I go to is in Short Hills Mall, a bit far from my home. But the online store is well built and easy to navigate. I can always look in website prior to heading to the store. Have not purchased anything from the website because it does not offer free shipping.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

It’s too bad that they don’t have info on the gsm weight of this linen, but my estimation is it’s probably around 125-130gsm. Super lightweight and soft and just keeps getting softer and softer, like sleeping on cloud. The softest linen I’ve ever felt, even softer than cotton as it’s so fluffy!! The weave is VERY fine, MINIMAL lint, and high white shine. The duvet cover is made in Italy, woven from Italian mills. I’ve sampled many linen over the years and this linen truly is one of the best that you can’t find anywhere else. Workmanship is great as well. RH has non made in China good stuff. You just have to look for them, and I purchased mine on eBay for less than half of retail price, brand new. VERY happy!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Karen (biggest fool of all) spent 27k at RH?! Several other rubes pay full blown retail, at RH?! No wonder you all are pissed off about not having quality and look commensurate with the price. Our house is gorgeously decorated with select RH prices including a 12k sectional couch we purchased for $1,700, amazing lighting we got at 75% off, club chairs for $200 for the pair, 5k rug for $750, impressive giant cabinet retailed for $4,400 we bought for around $750, bathroom vanities originally 5k each for less than $1,500 each. My god we have the most luxurious RH towels that cost the same as Target towels! Literally the only thing we paid even close to retail was a 10ft Maxwell destroyed leather couch which our RH membership discount, plus a sale knocked off 3k from the 7,700k price making it totally affordable.

Have any of you fools even considered checking out the outlets? WTF? Who would pay 27k for 4 prices of RH crap? Outlets have so much great stuff and have 50% of sales monthly on top of the already steep discount. My wife just bought a 3k bed frame for her sisters as a house warming from the outlet outside Austin. Price? $550! It was a typical outlet return with a slight scratch that was easily fixed and now my wife is a hero and her sister is thrilled. Besides the RH outlets check, out Craigslist or eBay. People get rid of overpriced RH stuff all the time. Why pay the ridiculously high prices when with just a bit of effort you can save $1000's and your house looks like you have money to burn. No wonder you people are all so mad, I'd be mad too if I was such a sucker! We LOVE RH but only because we pay what it's worth, not what they con you into paying.

Original review: July 12, 2020

RH wouldn't replace 1 of 5 chairs that delaminated and stated that we probably "snagged" the chair (which has a rough sharp edge that snags if you sit on it and lean back). Exact RH quote: "Since this is not a widespread issue among the other chairs you purchased it is not considered a manufacture defect and we are unable to offer an exchange for a new chair." Terrible customer service and will not purchase from RH again.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I bought two items, and one was damaged so we sent it back. Somehow, there was an issue with UPS, where the item was not properly scanned, and Restoration Hardware would not refund me or give me an exchange for a $500 item. As the customer, it's not my fault!!!! We spent about $2000 with additional projects underway - and I will return any items I bought from there and I will no longer be a patron there. Additionally, I will inform all my family and friends to not shop there and continue to speak poorly of Restoration Hardware for the most frustrating, disappointing customer experience.

Original review: June 1, 2020

BEWARE! I purchased the St James trestle dining table and chairs - and they are UNSANDED. Your clothes SNAG on them and you can't dust them with a rag. I think even a paint brush would snag on them. The top of the table is "distressed" but sanded smooth - which is what I expected. The console top is smooth, but the fronts are UNSANDED. The dust cloth can hang on the front on the snags. I am so annoyed about this - I want to return all. Love the distressed finished. The customer service has been superb in regard to delivery - we are under construction and had to changed the date numerous times - sometimes even days before. We have 13' ceilings - and they list 102" as an option for the hutches. However, when we went to place the actually order - after the fact (ordered the table long before) Only 1 finish comes in that size. Now we have to settle for the 91" which is 9" lower than our cabinets and door frames. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 31, 2020

My wife and I have shopped at Restoration Hardware for years and have always had some issue but love the style so we remained loyal customers.... We had talked to the salesman in length about how we were wanting a fabric that was as clean and healthy as possible as my wife has allergies and she researched and found linen to be one of the best... So when we talked with the salesperson they showed us the sofas and chairs and we fell in love with the white sofas on their showroom floor..

We were told the material was a linen weave and very durable so we special ordered a sofa and chair.... We were happy initially but realized the material started to pill and everything seems to stick to it so after our own research we see the linen weave is actually 100% acrylic... We are so upset.. It took a while for us to complain as I went into cardiac arrest was in a coma and almost a year of rehab... My wife tried time and time again to get some resolve but was told it was special order so only a 50% credit but so much time passed they won't do anything... Now we have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on something we cannot use....

Original review: April 27, 2020

The store assistant was very helpful, I found a style that I liked, with dimensions that worked. I should have been more cautious when the fabric I liked in the swatch book was no longer available, but I found another that looked good and placed the order. 3 months later, the $4,800 couch I ordered arrived, I was disappointed the moment I saw it. The quality of the fabric was terrible, there were flaws in the grey weave that made white threads stand out. Not at all like the swatch. The texture of the fabric was rougher than the swatch. The legs on the couch were the roughest legs I have ever seen, far coarser than those at a local hardware store. To my further dismay, there is so little support in the seat of the couch my butt sinks too deep into it and it's uncomfortable. I don't recall the couch in the showroom feeling this soft.

I called RH the day the couch arrived and complained about the fabric flaws, I sent in pictures too. I am supposed to receive notification as to whether they can repair the fabric flaws or replace the couch. Since there is no return policy, and there doesn't even appear to be a warranty document on the RH website, I don't have confidence that this couch will be repaired or replaced. Even if it's replaced, the basic workmanship is so poor that I am very disappointed that I spent so much money in that store.

Restoration Hardware author review by ConsumerAffairs

Restoration Hardware prides itself on being at the cutting edge of trends and technology in the furniture industry. The company mainly caters to luxury buyers offering a curated collection of historical reproductions and updated classics.

• Selection: Living, diving, bed and bathroom, plus lighting, textiles, rugs, windows, hardware, décor, art, outdoor and holiday furnishing.

• Delivery: Flat shipping and delivery rates based on distance.

• Returns: Eligible (non-customized) items are eligible for returns and exchanges.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team