2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

Quick and easy

Get matched with a Moving partner

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Quick and easy

Get matched with a Moving partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

There is not enough space for what I would like to write! This company took advantage of two young adults just graduating from college. The company tells you one thing and when you question it in the contract you're told, "Don’t worry. That won’t pertain to you." They represent themselves as a family business and that’s disgraceful. They also put emphasis on military moves. Military BEWARE - you fight for our Country and I thank you for that - trust me don’t use this company or you will fighting on American soil!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I called this moving company and the man on the phone - Nick - told me that because I wouldn't give him my credit card immediately on the phone and make a reservation before even getting approved for the new apartment in a new city, he told me that I was wasting his time! Me, a potential customer paying almost $2000, that I was wasting his time? He got irate with me on the phone and was totally bullying me and trying to force me to give my credit card --which was a major red flag. I ended up hanging up on him because he was speaking to me in such a disrespectful manner and talking over me while I was talking.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This company took a large deposit from me, then canceled my move on the day of it. Took two weeks to get a refund check from them, and it has now been returned as unpaid, account closed. NEVER USE THEM!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

They are highly rated on Cons Reports which is why we chose them. If only I'd read Cons Affairs before finalizing. From start to finish, with the truck service they use (SNY) it's been a punishing experience - weird timeline, rude cust service folks, no idea where our things are while in transit, and the finish line: almost every single piece of furniture, including a Sleep Number mattress, is heavily damaged. Our furniture is very expensive, craftsman made and was flawless. It arrived deeply gouged, chunks of wood missing (from solid hardwood walnut furniture)...lamps bent, TV screen a total loss, porch furniture smashed... 80% of our furniture arrived significantly damaged. Some of the "protective wrapping" was paper and Saran wrap! And, breakable items shoved in large boxes with no packing at all. Which they then proceeded to put other objects on top of...

Our experience is so awful I simply can't believe they're in business. There are no words, when moving across the country, to be left with a house full of damaged furniture - including a mattress that they bent 'til they could fold it in half, thereby ruining it - the pressure mechanism can no longer work. A $4500 mattress, gone. They Do Not Care. Period. Whoever these 2 companies are, whatever their problem is, stay away. I'm left with weeks/months of uphill work to document, provide 2 estimates, receipts, photos, etc etc etc to get anything back. These outfits are very bad people with no competence in the field they're in. For shame, Purple Heart, SNY and Consumer Reports.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

You want your moving company to be responsive, knowledgeable and provide a satisfactory level of service when you entrust them with all of your possessions. This has not been the case for me with Purple Heart. My possessions were picked up 21 days ago. I could not even get a response for a reasonable target delivery until last week and if I don't hear from the movers within the next 24 hours, it was inaccurate. If you are planning a long-distance move, I would highly recommend going with a national moving company. You may see a cost difference in the quotes but when the movers actually come they let you know that it was inaccurate and then adjust the price to what I would have paid had I selected a national mover in the first place.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

They raised our cost, wouldn't listen to our situation, and incompetently handled everything. Then they showed up with a truck way too small. We called them and they didn't give us our deposit back, they claimed we refused service when in reality they didn't send us the right truck and the right help.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

STAY AWAY! They promised me a credit, they damaged my property and now won't return my calls. I have moved several times in my life both short and long distances. This is BY FAR, THE WORST EXPERIENCE I have every had. From scheduling (they told me one day on the phone but when the called to confirm, it was not that day and suddenly I'm told they get a two day window). The pick up. Total bait and switch. I specifically told the guy who quoted this what floor I was on. When the movers showed up, I had to give them an additional $150 in cash or they would not move me.. Another bait and switch. Things seemed to get better, 3 different people told me they would credit me $150 on my final bill. Then, when the RUDE person from the actual movers called me, she said no credit was due.

I then called Purple Heart AGAIN, and they said, yes, you would get the credit. Even the rude lady from the movers called me back and said I would get the credit. Not over yet. The next morning she texts me and said it's $75/floor and that they would only give me a $50 credit.. Nowhere in my. paperwork or in any of the discussions with the many people, did ANYONE mention $75/floor. This is not about the money.. I could care less.. This is about a shady company with shady employees who bait and switch you at every corner.

By the way, the wonderful toll free customer service number they say is so great, good luck getting someone to answer the actual phone... I say 90% of the time, I went into voice mail. It is now 4 days after my move, I have two messages into them about the credit and my damaged furniture and they have not returned my call. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD REPUTABLE COMPANIES OUT THERE TO EVEN CONSIDER Purple Heart MOVING especially if they give you a good price, because that will change when they know they have you backed into a corner. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This company does not deserve to be in business. Thank you..

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

My husband and I went to Purple Heart Moving Group thinking it was supportive of veterans and was rated as a highly reputable company. We were grossly mistaken. They do not stand behind their customers. We thought they were going to move us. They subcontract their work to questionable companies. In our case, Purple Heart Moving Group quoted us a final moving estimate of $7271.70. Although it is a lot of money, we felt it was reasonable, since I am a handicapped senior citizen and my husband has limitations as well. We were paying for them to pack us, move us, temporarily store items, and unpack us. We were pleased that they were able to provide moving services in the timeframe needed, as we needed to move out of our residence by 24 August to allow the new residents to move in.

We were expecting them on 19 August between 8 am and noon. They did not show up. Nor did we get a call from anyone. After we made some calls, we got a call back from the company rep around 2 in the afternoon. He said the mover was in an accident. They sent a different truck and movers on the following day, 20 August. When the 3 movers showed up, the Lead mover was escorted around and shown what was moving and what was staying. Upon completion of the tour, the Lead mover advised us that we were going to have to pay an additional $14500 and that an additional truck would be required. The new total was now nearly $22000! We had no means to pay this amount.

We were horrified and immediately called Purple Heart Moving Group while they were calling their company. Miranda, the Purple Heart rep, disagreed profusely with their estimate. When she talked with the Lead mover, he could not articulate why there was such a difference. We were at a deadlock. I suggested a conference call with the moving company's rep, Miranda and myself. Miranda said she wanted to speak with her manager first, which I thought was a good idea. I felt that she was going to be our advocate and get things back on track. She was mostly silent throughout the conference call, leaving me to discuss with the moving company's rep. Lucas was his name. He was arrogant, rude and disrespectful to me and Miranda and unwilling to negotiate on the price.

At this point, my husband stepped in and told him to remove his movers from our property. We hung up the phone and Miranda was immediately calling me. She told me that we did the right thing. She further stated that she would speak directly with the billing department about the circumstances, call me back on 24 August, and follow up with an email the same date. We accepted that and started making immediate arrangements with a new moving company for 24-25 August.

The new moving company quoted us $7800 total to pack us up, move our goods, temporarily store, and set us up. That is what we paid. Since speaking with Miranda on the 20th, I have not heard back from her or anyone else from Purple Heart Moving Group. This is despite numerous attempts by us to reach her or someone to get an update on our refund of our deposit of $2555.80. We have left voicemails on Miranda's phone, and have been repeatedly forwarded to the central customer service number. Messages were left there as well. After more than a week of trying to reach someone, it was apparent that Purple Heart Moving Group was intentionally ignoring us. They had our deposit and had no intention of giving it back to us. We have subsequently filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and here with Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Do not hire this company! They don't have their own trucks! This company farms out jobs to unknown local movers who are horrible! Random guys showed up with a UHAUL to move our stuff across the US. They promised 10-14 days and now say it will be over 30 DAYS! Worse, worse company ever!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. PURPLE HEART HAS NO INTEGRITY AT ALL. They will tell you they are not a Broker. They are a Broker and that is all they do. They will tell you your furniture will not go into storage and it will. They flat out lied to me about everything. When they came to pick up my things another company showed up. That company said that I had more than 1,000 cubic feet to move. They told me I had almost 2,000 cubic feet to move. The other company told me I owed them another $4,000. That group was SNY Relocation Company. They are just as bad as Purple Heart. They told me they would only take 1,000 cubic feet if I didn't pay the $4,000. So they took less than half of my things I needed to move.

After they packed my things up they took it to a storage unit where it sat for 2 weeks. We had been in our house for three weeks before the furniture ever came. They will tell you 10-14 days but that is a lie. Those days are from the time they decide to move it out of the warehouse. That leads me to the best part of this whole fiasco. Another company, Cross Country Movers, picked up my stuff from the storage and brought it here. Three different companies moved my furniture. Three different trucks. And since they wouldn't take the rest of my boxes and furniture at home, we had to pay another $2,000 to send it in pods (still $2,000 less than SNY wanted to charge). We paid three different companies to move half my belongings. Here is the best part. The boxes and furniture in the pods were here before the things the movers had taken.

Purple Heart is not a group you want to use. All of these groups are terrible. They work together to make as much money off of you as they can. SNY Relocation is no better. When I tried to talk with Chelsea at Purple Heart and she just kept putting me off and would not call back. If I did get ahold of her she said she was looking into it still. I never heard back from her again. This was the worst experience of my life. I will never use one of these groups again to move across country.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information