3.5/5 (483 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Purple Heart Moving Group

Whether you are being relocated for work, the military or simply looking to start a new chapter in a new city, Purple Heart Moving Group works to make the process as easy as possible. From packing to unloading, Purple Heart Moving Group is with you throughout the entire process. Reach out today and let Purple Heart Moving Group make your move as seamless as possible.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Purple Heart Moving Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purple Heart Moving Group?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

My husband found Mirit: Great American Van Lines through Purple Heart Moving Group; a broker for coordinating with a moving company. It has taken me a year and a half to write this review. If you want to weep for the stolen, and smashed belongings, then hire this group. It is so painful to think of how much money we spent, above and beyond their costs to move us from Novato, CA to Taos, NM, on buying them lunches, snacks and drinks, to have had our things damaged to the point of $45,000. Yes, you are reading that correctly.

In Novato, one of the movers slipped on the stairs (carrying coffee) and later I found it all across the wall, and in the carpet. Did they tell me? No. I found food that had been spilled on the carpet, ground in, did they tell me? No. Did they clean it, or ask for something to clean it? No. These are minor things. I thought for the amount of work of moving, they weren't doing such a bad job, but it is obvious that they have no regard for how hard a person works to gain the precious belongings that we owned. Inherited precious, irreplaceable items, and they smashed them!

I found my grandmother's wooden miniature chest from the late 1800's thrown diagonally in a box with things that didn't belong with it. Yes, lots of damage. They smashed a wheel and broke an edge off of my 1900's cedar chest. An antique batwing, clawfoot table valued at $800 smashed apart. It would take unbelievable disregard to pack things so terribly. Smashed fish tank - placed in a box with a 25 lb miter saw. How did I not see them packing like this? Oh, because I was ensuring they had plenty to eat and drink? My husband was busy too, getting ourselves out of our home. We couldn't be everywhere the three guys were. (five total over five days.)

At first, if you called the manager, he was lickity splickity to answer the phone. After the fact, no one would answer. The manager was complaining about how much stuff we had. We ski, surf, backpack, ride horses. - I had closed my office and had lots of files and books. My husband retired and had lots of files he had to keep. We were blessed with a garden, and our vehicles. My parents had died, so we inherited things from them, and were weeding them. How much is too much? A moving company is for moving! What would they do with a family bigger than three and 1250 sq ft house?

They transferred our belongings to a semi in L.A. CA. at their warehouse. This is where the trouble really began. They told us that their arrival time at our new home would be on the 15th of June. We busted our backsides to arrive at our new home before them. They arrived six weeks later. We called them, and Purple Heart, but they didn't return our calls. They just disappeared. My husband finally got a coordinator at Purple Heart, who gave him different phone numbers. He found out that the company's claims of "we are still packing the trucks", was a coordinated effort in lying.

My motorcycle had $2650.00 in damages. They had to have dropped my bike, as well as allowed the packing to collapse on it. How does one score and break a windshield, crack a taillight off, and cause that many scores in the paint and chrome? My mom's Mikimoto pearls were stolen, as well as other jewelry. The box was smashed, had a hole in the bottom of it, and was completely ransacked. Mom had worked at CBS in the fifties, and had an ashtray from a Johnny Carson party (I have pics of this.) The ashtray is smashed to smithereens. Many things are smashed, damaged, gone. I sat on our front deck and wept. Every box opened was an effort in self control. Tears to being enraged.

Do NOT use this company. They are reprehensible for their disregard, negligence, and thievery. You would think that a moving company would screen their employees. I cannot believe they screen them. We have submitted our claim, and a year and a half later they are still unresponsive. Thank God for our vehicle insurance company Progressive. At least our insurance paid for the damages to my motorcycle, and Progressive took up the battle of getting reimbursed by this company. I struggle with the trauma of how much they damaged. Shaking my head. Don't do it. Don't use these people.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Moved from Orlando, Florida to Northern Virginia. I initially requested a quote from one of those sites that asks you to put in how much stuff you need to move then gets quotes from different companies. I received quotes ranging from $5000 to $8000 to move a two bedroom apartment worth of furniture. My last move from Maryland to Florida was about $3000 8 years ago so I was thinking it would be in that same range. I then found Purple Heart. My initial quote was for $2800. I thought, "Wow. That’s cheap." So I went with them. I had to do a large deposit of $1000. I thought that was too much for a deposit just to hold a date. The movers arrived of course not during their initial time frame of 10am to Noon but close to 4pm. I told them it could get tough with parking due to living in an apartment complex with limited space.

I packed my own household goods. During the process the lead mover did tell me I was going over the square footage of the initial quote and I could owe more. Since I needed for them to take everything I told him to continue and I’ll pay extra. The extra amount ended up being $1300. Yucks! Part of the issue was my very large sleigh bed and pillow top mattress set. I also had ten extra boxes. So I just went on and paid it. Luckily they took a check. No telling what would have happened if I didn’t have it. Downside, most of these moving companies only deal with cash and postal money orders. I wouldn’t need my furniture for three weeks so the price included storage.

Fast forward to delivery time. The dispatch reached out to me four days before delivery to confirm everything. Great. Day of delivery we went from the company would be here around 9am to they didn’t arrive until 3pm. This time in a semi truck size moving truck. The mover initial told me they weren’t sure they could deliver because the truck could get stuck in the apartment complex parking lot once residents return home and the lot begins to fill up. Needless to say they were able to deliver my furniture and boxes. I did have two wooden furniture pieces damaged. My TV stand, which I wasn’t too concerned about because I was getting a new one and was just going to use the old one for another room. But my book case which I loved was ruined.

I haven’t gone through all my boxes to see how everything else fared. It’s cold and rainy on the day of delivery so some of my softer items did get wet. I would recommend the company, just beware of the extra costs if you have large furniture. Oh, have drills, screwdrivers and other tools on hand. Both times the movers didn’t have the tools to break down beds and tables. They ended up using my tools. Overall I would give this moving experience a B minus.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I asked at least a dozen times if the quoted price of $4046.02 was a "Not To Exceed" quote and was always told, "Yes, it will probably be less." I was charged $4851.59. I asked the movers on their arrival if it looked like the volume of stuff was about what was quoted, and told it was, but still was charged $805.57 over the quote. FYI, it was a 2 bedroom apartment with no garage or extra storage. The movers were wholly unprepared: They failed to bring a single wardrobe box, so dumped my suits and dress shirts into standard boxes.

My phone records show dozens of calls to them from time of pick up to delivery requesting clarification of the overcharge, and to get a delivery date. All but 2 of the calls amounted to a promise that they would get back to me. They didn't. And to finish off the nightmare, the movers called on a Sunday to inform me they were just down the road ready to deliver. No one had called a day or two beforehand to tell me when they would be at my new house. My team was unable to get a replacement at that late date. Multiple items were damaged or missing. I was jerked around with a lengthy dispute resolution process. In the end they completely IGNORED my claim.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

With the help and experience of Purple Heart Moving Group I was able to quickly move from Austin, TX to Oklahoma City, OK. The whole packing and delivery process took less than a week and a half. I've moved a lot in my adult life and this was the best experience I've ever had. The sales guys were professional, efficient and courteous and the customer service team was always friendly and kind with any questions I called about. When I need to move next, I will definitely use Purple Heart again!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I definitely do not recommend Purple Heart Moving Group (PHMG). We were relocating from NJ to MD. From the time that I made my initial deposit, communication was just about shutdown. I would be promised a call, but would have to contact PHMG. I thought about losing my deposit and finding another company, but we needed to move quickly, and I didn't want to start over. I spoke with a specialist at PHMG who encouraged me to make certain that I included every item to ensure that the truck assigned would be large enough. I had furniture in storage, so I went to the storage while talking to her to include each and every item. With a more detailed inventory list, my cost went up about $1500. The movers were scheduled to come Monday morning (9/16/19)… something like 8-10.

I waited an hour after the latest time and contacted PHMG and was told very casually by the customer service representative that the pickup date had been changed to the next day and hadn’t I been contacted. Really? I informed her that I had not been contacted. The next day when the movers showed up I was flabbergasted. I knew immediately that the truck was too small. Then I learned that I had only been scheduled for ½ the truck. At this point, I had paid PHMG around $1000 and the moving company even more. I would lose all deposits, so I moved forward. I was able to use the whole truck, but not without a significant cost increase. I paid more than double my initial quote and had to rent a U-Haul to move the things that would not fit on the truck myself. How could this be? I had accounted for just about every item.

Furthermore, I learned that PHMG had changed the moving company at the last minute. The previous moving company explained that my job had been taken away on Monday, the original move date. The current company, confirmed that they had just received the job. When I finally reached PHMG, they were unapologetic. And there was absolutely no follow up after my move. Terrible!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Excellent communication from start to finish. Customer service staff was always very professional and courteous and kept me informed with verbal and email updates. Car moved from Connecticut to Texas. Pickup and delivery drivers were both very nice and professional. The delivery driver agreed to meet me in a spot that worked out for both of us. He called me when he was an hour away and I explained to him that I live in a maze and that his truck would have difficulty navigating the narrow streets. Driver said he didn’t mind going to the address on file but he didn’t mind meeting me at a different address that was more spacious. We agreed to meet up a Home Depot, and it worked out great. My family has used Purple Heart several times to move cars from Connecticut to Texas, but this was my first time personally interacting with their customer service staff, and drivers. Highly recommended and I would gladly use them again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Our experience was much the same as others. Super nice to get our business, get you trapped then it all falls apart. Estimated $3992 then ended up paying almost $8k. The company they used One Way Van Lines damaged numerous items and “lost several others”. They made no effort to find them. Took over a year to complete a claim and they offered us $110.00. When we tried to contact Purple Heart regarding the problems they never returned our calls so we sent them a registered letter and they refused it and it was returned. They are a nightmare. They misquoted us then told us we were locked in. They hire very low quality contractors and then they ghost you once they get their cash. Turn and run as fast as you can. Doing business with them is heartbreaking. The loss of irreplaceable family items was worse than the money swindled us out of.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Great communication. Great customer service. They was very knowledgeable and helpful. I will be calling Purple Heart first next time I need anything moved. The cost was very fair, considering the time of year. I know a lot of companies tend to hike rates in peak moving season, but PHMG was the lowest cost I could find. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

They arrived at 7AM and did not finish until Midnight. They ate my food from the freezer. One of them was sleeping on the coach snoring. I didn't want to make a payment when they arrived so I paid them in full, BUT when they got to my new address they said I owed them another 2600. I said I had paid it in full so I would not have to do this....CASH ONLY but would accept a Postal Check only.

They demolished my Oscillating Fan beyond repair. I never got my 4 Legs from my Kitchen set and now I went to use my Power washer and the wand is broken off. Called and told them about the fan and the missing legs from my Kitchen set. I also sent pictures. I still haven't heard anything from them yet. They also lost a key that went to my Armour and now I cannot open this (it's old and uses a skeleton key). I have documents in there I need. DO NOT EVER USE THEM. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN. My move was supposed to cost 6182.00 and ended up costing me 8572.00.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Consumer Reports no longer lists this company in the top 12 for Houston. Rightly so. You should keep listing it only as a “do not use them” example. Everything I report here I wrote them on a timely basis last summer, even before the actual move happened. Never had an apology or an attempt to improve. Contrary to promises,

1. they don’t give good advice on the size and types of boxes and ways of packing them.

2 They don’t give accurate quotes, but lock you into agreements that are difficult to modify.

3. They don’t select experienced movers, even with a long lead time, but pick what to them is the cheapest, and for me, the least experienced. Our actual mover was a new business, actually quite unhappy with Purple Heart, with a driver new even to that new company, who employed local pick Up crews with no moving experience. (I now employ one of their movers as my yard man, nice guy, zero moving experience.)

4. Poor organization, last minute changes, surprising charges negated much of the preparations I made for the move. I communicated my concerns as the date approached, got .the run around, never found out who the actual movers were going to be, until the last minute, and once the move and the immediate problems happened, Purple Heart simply stopped responding. They pocketed the third of the total cost for doing very little work, except for sending a cheap, (for them) company with a hard working, often confused new driver. His company changed the delivery date and method in the last minute which probably explains why several items got left on the truck in the confusion. Of course I could not get either Purple Heart or Solomon And Sons to respond and make the modest restitution. Currently I am getting the run around with their “ insurance” company.

5. I wrote to them repeatedly, got no written responses at all, just pointless inaccurate phone calls and denials of responsibility. Their small print runs to pages, mostly to help them to protect themselves.

Resolution response: Oct. 24, 2019

Purple Heart reached out to me, apologized and gave me a partial refund for the issues I experienced.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Slick Nick ** was charismatic and persistent to land my business after a phone consult. He directly skirted the question and lied about Purple Heart "NOT" being a broker and pushed for my deposit in cash, offering a 10% discount. Their contract boasts "Expert moving advice throughout the course of your move." I have a text thread of 6 unanswered texts to Nick asking for assistance immediately after I had made my deposit. Kevin called a few days before moving time to confirm a date and left a voicemail. I called him back 5 times over the next 3 days and got no answer/return. Was later told her was out on medical, but no one had bothered to cover his calls.

Customer service: If I could give ZERO stars to customer service I would. Mercedes ** has a miserable attitude that amply shines through the phone but pales in comparison to Crystal ** who literally screamed at me on the phone the day of my move when I called to inquire about status of my movers who were now 6 + hrs late for their estimated arrival time. When I asked her about having a manager please return my phone call in the morning she responded, "That is not their job to call you!" PSA: This is a company that supposedly provides customer service. The original "binding" quote from Slick Nick was ~2,500 all inclusive.

When my movers (who were with Hometown Van Lines- completely separate from Purple Heart that I could have booked on my own, come to learn and avoided P.H's $853.56 Broker Fee, which they fraudulently called a deposit) finally arrived 7 hrs late, they didn't have any of the special packing materials (for artwork, etc.) that I was both promised and charged for. Additionally, the movers assessed an addition ~1.5 K, bringing my total from 2.5K to 4K! I had also been told by Nick during our initial phone conversation that I could pay by credit card when the movers picked up. They were indeed happy to take my CC for an additional fee that I would have happily avoided and run to the ATM had I been given any notice.

Fast forward, my items took nearly A MONTH to arrive in Omaha (pickup was August 25, delivery was September 16). During this time, I had multiple conversations with the manager of Hometown Van Lines, Lucas (who actually had possession of my things) and he was equally as unpleasant and lacking in any customer service skills as everyone at Purple Heart. He told me "Omaha isn't exactly a popular location" despite the fact that Nick had assured me a specific trip had been for my things. When I tried to explain to Lucas that I needed my things, he yelled that I (now 4 months pregnant and single) was welcome to come to NY and pick up my things myself, but that no money would be refunded.

My things arrived finally with several squashed boxes, one box full of broken glassware and one box of my clothes missing entirely. Throughout this time I was in regular contact with Purple Heart manager, Nadine **. Nadine was polite and appeared responsive on the phone, assuring me that this was not how they do customer service and encouraged me to file a claim/complaint with their business office promising she would pass on her recommendation that I be compensated for all of the many issues I had. With no explanation the business department denied any partial refund/compensation and suddenly there was "simply nothing" Ms. ** could do.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ever use this company! They are a scam! They charged me $853 to simply call Hometown Van Lines (not that I would recommend them either) and book my move with them, which I could have just as easily done on my own had Nick been upfront about their process. A huge loss of money, personal items, and faith in humanity for good business and customer service. I'm disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

We contracted with Purple Heart Moving, to move from Minnesota to Colorado. When we contacted them, they were very helpful and indicated that our needs would be met professionally. We had nothing but trouble with them after our property had been picked up. They would not return emails or phone calls. I have all email trails and texts from Brooklyn Movers, who Purple Heart Moving contracts with. According to other complaints, they state they are only the "Broker" is are not responsible for the actions of the carrier.

When our property was picked up, the workers loading our property, stated that it would be delivered by August 30, 2019. I received a call from Brooklyn Movers on 8/29/19 to confirm we would be at our new home in Colorado for delivery. I said we were there and would be available for delivery. No delivery on 8/30/19. I contacted them on 8/31/19 and they told me they would not deliver for 4 to 14 business days. I contacted Purple Heart Moving and spoke with Shakil. She informed me this was correct. On the paperwork Purple Heart Moving sent us, for the miles between pick up and delivery, the delivery timeline was 3 to 10 business days.

When I talked to Brooklyn Movers again, they said it would be 7 to 21 days. A few days later, I was told 30 business days. No help from anyone. After being a complete pest, our property was delivered 9/25/19. There were damages and breakages, which will not be covered because we packed 90% of the property ourselves. However, they packed up the furniture, misc. items that would not fit in boxes, which included 2 bicycles. Someone from Brooklyn Movers used our bicycles and severely damaged one of them. Both bikes showed signs of being rode and were covered in mud. They are in the repair shop at this time. A claim will be submitted to Brooklyn Movers for the damages. They also dropped a 50" TV and busted it, so we had to replace this item.

I would never recommend Purple Heart Moving, since they use Brooklyn Movers who are very unreliable. I worked in logistics for many years. We would use brokers to move our product. If our product was damaged in transport, we would contact the Broker, who in turn would work with the carrier to recover our losses. Never did I have to work directly with the carrier that the Broker hired. In this case, Purple Heart Moving was the "BROKER" and any claims should be processed through them and they would have to submit a subrogation claim with the carrier.

After reading all the negative comments from so many other customers all I can say is to contact the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Adminstration; FMCSA.dot.gov and submit a claim with them. They will investigate both Purple Heart Moving and Brooklyn Movers to confirm that they are following federal guidelines.

For the money that customers pay to have their property moved, to have the carriers hold your property for an extended time and then deliver it damaged and broken is a crime. In this day and age, there is no reason that your property can not be delivered within 5 to 10 business days. They are making people put their entire lives on hold and they don't care. Do Not Use Purple Heart Moving.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have moved over a dozen times, with local and long distance moving companies, and have never had such a terrible outcome. Initially, I was looking to work with the usual groups: Allied, Atlas, American, because while they weren't without their own mishaps, I had experience with them all, but the moving date created a conflict, and I gave Purple Heart a call, whose sales representative, Nicholas **, shared they had been the best reviewed movers, and went to bat for me to secure my pickup date. Based on the rooms and articles to be moved he was able to give me a quote over the phone of $4127.

He took a down payment over the phone w/ my credit card of $1615, and said the rest would need to be divided (in cash or money order) between the pickup and delivery drivers. Looking at what had been estimated online I could see that even a 3 bedroom home (10X20 Storage locker size) with an estimated mileage of 917 miles would be $3922.75-$5,106, so this seemed reasonable, even if a little shady w/ a need for cash only, but I accepted. I had $2500+ on hand for the movers on agreed pickup date. They called a few days before to say they would be there between 10-2PM, and that was excellent. Unbeknownst to me the Purple Heart Movers assigned the task to another moving company, and were a liason instead of movers.

The day of the move they didn't show up until 9PM with one guy, who called a friend to give him a hand. The movers were from Brooklyn Movers, not Purple Heart Movers, Sam and Omar were nice guys, but tired, and didn't get done until after 3AM, at which point they tallied the bill and stated the bill would be an additional $3862 (total 7977, which later became a total of $8077, before tip, after they charged me another $100 for having to use an elevator), and would need to be, as stated earlier, in cash upon delivery. They then said I may receive anytime between the 30th and the 13th of September, which seemed unusually long to wait.

After multiple calls, inquiring about delivery, Purple Heart movers group was able to contact Brooklyn Movers and have them give me updates. In all I got a call on 5 different occasions over the course of the month long wait, asking if I was now ready to receive my delivery, which I was as of the 30th of August, and they said, now that I had confirmed availability they would be there within 4-7 days. The first confirmation happened as early as the 1st of September, but they finally came the morning of the 24th, after the driver agreed not to show up at what would have been after 10PM the 24th, when I explained that the condo rules would cause me to be fined for movers arriving after 5PM.

A lone driver showed up at 9AM the 25th, and then a local guy showed up, from Task Rabbit, named LaMarcus, to help with the lifting. The boxes were banged up everywhere, all of them, and three of my pictures were broken, one large painting was completely missing, and two large painted were sliced into. Two floor lamps were broken, and the lamp shade of one was bent up, and the top decorative piece of the lamp shade went missing. My furniture was nicked up, and many of my dishes were broken, including a one of a kind bowl, and a pizza stone. There was a clear lack of care with respect to moving these things, and my clothes came smelling strongly of cigarette odor, where they had always resided in a smoke free building prior to the move.

The bottom line: Purple Heart Movers gave a bid that was half the price it ultimately cost (not including the breakage and lost items). Purple Heart Moving group doesn't actually control the move. It assigns it elsewhere. Brooklyn Movers are responsive when called, but not timely or reliable. The hours of operation seem unorthodox (I've never known movers arrive to begin a task so late in the evening.)

The movers were tired and overworked from the outset, and it became evident through a clear lack of care which caused a reduction in value of many of the possessions moved, due to the dents, scratches, and otherwise mishandling of possessions as they were moved into the boxes, stored, and then placed in their new home. I strongly urge Purple Heart Moving Company & Brooklyn Movers to change their practices.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

HORRIBLE experience with this company!! Purple Heart is a broker, do NOT use! I told Josh the date I needed my furniture, he provided a date the movers would pick up my furniture to ensure the delivery date. Since I was only 56 miles over the 500 for a 2 to 5 business day delivery, Josh committed that pickup would be Tuesday for a delivery of that Friday.

The movers (I later learned was ASAP with crap reviews) called and wanted to pick up Monday. I agreed. Two guys arrived and 3 others who did all the work. When half my furniture was in the truck, ASAP told me their truck had a leak and they hired local movers to put my stuff in storage which I NEVER wanted. ASAP couldn’t give me a final price and came back later that day and told me I had more than what was quoted – even though I had LESS boxes - they came up with a higher number and increased cubic feet. Each time I spoke to Purple Heart (Josh, Kristin) the cubic feet increased, then ASAP increased it again. The next day I wanted to see my furniture so ASAP gave me the storage gate code and lock code. The drawers were out of the dresser & stacked on top of everything else making it appear that the unit was fuller than it was.

I called Purple Heart and spoke to Mercedes. She’s something special. She talked over me, wouldn’t let me speak, loudly proclaimed she was all about the customer while simultaneously treating me like a piece of crap. She told me to read the contract and NOW my delivery date was 3 to 10 business days. I hung up on her and left Josh a message who never called back.

I found a local mover, told the storage manager I was picking up my furniture, loaded it, and they delivered that Friday morning WHEN I needed it. They charged extra for the emergency move, BUT it was still cheaper than if I stayed with Purple Heart and God knows when I would have gotten my furniture as ASAP apparently left town, probably never had a truck and couldn’t give me a delivery date. I informed Purple Heart they breached their contract. They should rename their company to Black Heart because they have no morals or character, use a name associated with the military, and prey upon people who are already in a stressful situation of moving and making it an experience from hell.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I had previously done a cross country move with one of the major van lines and had a pretty good experience. When preparing for this cross country move, I was enticed by the much lower prices. All of the reviews I had read about Purple Heart were raving about how good they are. That should have been the biggest red flag. It wasn't until after I had already arranged the move and paid the deposit that I came across these reviews on Consumer Affairs.

I paid the deposit. I was told that somebody would be contacting me a few weeks before to go over the final inventory list. One week before the move was to occur, I did get contacted via email by Kristin ** to schedule the phone call. She said that she would call on September 21 at 18:00 EST. She actually called at 12:47 EST. I totally get that things happen and sometimes appointments cannot be exactly at the time they were scheduled. I was planning on being available a few hours before and a few hours after that pre-arranged time. I was absolutely NOT available at the time she called.

I called back that day and left a message. I sent an email to the email address that she emailed me from. I figured that it may not be until the next day or two that she gets back to me because it was the weekend. The next day or two passed. I called again and left a message. I sent another email. So, I made 4 attempts to contact and no response. I was trying to be understanding. Here I am, the day before the movers are supposed to come, and two days before my lease expires, and I have not heard from movers or Kristin (the Quality Assurance Manager).

I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my experience was starting to seem eerily similar to the other bad reviews. I could not risk the moving company not showing up on the day they said they would or in the timeframe they would have arranged. I could not risk my belongings not showing up at the final destination until weeks later. I could see that everything that everybody else was complaining about was happening to me too, so I decided to jump ship early.

I called Purple Heart and told them that I wanted to cancel the move. The woman who answered the phone did not have a voice or attitude for customer service, but that really did not hurt my feelings or make me think any worse of the company. I explained that I had arranged for a move, but that I wanted to cancel it. She asked why. I relayed all of the aforementioned things. She said that the movers call 2-4 days before they arrive. Um, okay. It is ONE day before they are to arrive and I have not heard anything. She repeated the statement a few times throughout the phone call. I gave up on trying to explain that what she is saying should happen actually did NOT happen. Then she said, "All you had to do is email Kristin and she will email you back." Yeah, sure. How many times do I need to email her?

I called twice and left messages on her personal voicemail and emailed her twice. She told me that she had the schedule and the movers were going to pick my stuff up the next day. I told her that was fine, but I wanted to cancel the move. "So you want to forfeit your deposit of $1270.40 when the movers are scheduled to be there tomorrow (at such and such a time)?" Yes! I canceled the move. They can keep the deposit. After how much additional money everybody else has ended up paying, I will gladly forfeit the deposit. I would rather pay a good company 10 times the amount I was quoted from Purple Heart than to give Purple Heart another dollar of my money.

In the end, I'm having to pay for another week of rent and also paid a deposit to a moving company that did not do the move. So, that is money lost. I am GLADLY paying about 4-5 times the quoted price from Purple Heart to a different moving company. People, don't be a fool like me. Just spend a little more on the move. You can't put a price on companies that do what they say they will, are honest, and your own peace of mind.

Resolution response: Nov. 25, 2019

There is an agreement in place and I am waiting on the check to arrive to lessen the losses during my move. This is not the $100 they offered a month ago. I am showing my good faith and adjusting the review to show an agreement has been reached.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Update 11/26/19:

A financial resolution has been agreed upon pending their payment to cover and lessen the financial loss to me during my move. I have update their rating to a 3-star per the agreement.

Original review:

This will be lengthy but please read it in its entirety to save yourself time, money and tremendous heartache. I booked a move from CO to NC explaining that I would be in NC and not able to be present for the pack and load. I was told everything I needed to hear during the initial conversations. From we will walk you through this to consistent updates to personal care and being assured of a highly professional company. Well, NONE of that was true. I was lied to, ignored, patronized and left with no options.

My biggest concerns were they did not follow their own policy which left me without the opportunity to adjust my inventory prior to the arrival of the packers. So the 'estimate' jumped $4,000. I did have more items than the initial inventory but once the packers arrived Purple Heart told me they were out of the equation. This left me in a vulnerable position since I was out of the state and my house was closing the next week. I had no time to secure another moving company once things started to go bad with Purple Heart.

The care of my belongings was worse than neglectful. I left specific instructions on how to handle some antiques but these were ignored and an actual crowbar was used to take apart an antique desk, breaking two pieces that needed to be fabricated to allow the desk to be put back together. Boxes I had packed were all opened and most of the boxes I packed were dumped into large wardrobe boxes. I do mean dumped. No packing paper. Books on top of glass decorations, lawn equipment in with art work to name a few. Some of the boxes weighed over 160#. Leather furniture cut, torn and EVERY piece of furniture was scratched or broken.

Purple Heart uses jobbers and day labor to complete these moves. They used a company that is located near their office in Florida. Not a local moving company. Hired temporary help to load my belongings into Enterprise rental trucks. They put my items out for bid for the transportation to NC. An owner/operator who also worked for Boost Express took the job.

Once picked up I was told the driver was going to Pennsylvania to deliver another load then to me. Weeks later I received a call that the delivery would happen on Monday between 10-11am. I made arrangements to be there at 10, I waited until 3pm for their arrival. The 'team' they were to arrive with was the driver and one person. Taking two days to unload.

**Throughout this process, I NEVER spoke to a manager or supervisor. I made multiple calls and sent emails attempting to speak to someone who could help me. I was told that Kristen ** was the only supervisor that would talk to customers. I was only able to receive emails from her sometimes a day later during critical times of the move.

The truck was able to park 35 feet from my house. The driver said the stairs were too difficult to navigate. Wanted to walk around to the back of the house to deliver the items from downstairs. That is fine EXCEPT then he tried to charge me $580 for extra distance from the truck. Charging me for the walk around distance. When I told him I would not pay since he could park 35 feet away--well within the 50 feet requirement he offered to take $400 in cash. Needless to say, I did not pay that either. The driver also wanted to back down my driveway which has a grade that would have scraped the bottom of the moving truck since it has low clearance. I refused saying the truck would damage my driveway. The driver said yes it would. Then he was mad I would not let him.

I have already paid over $1000 to repair and replace items. The claim process is terrible. Once you submit a claim then they tell you they require box number, boxes, packaging etc to process. Which were mostly thrown away at that point. So, my move went from $10,000 to $14,000. I paid $1,000 to repair and replace items that would not be covered by their claim process. A state's attorney needs to look into their practices. I am notifying every Federal and State agency about their practices. Final word: DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I chose Purple Heart to coordinate my move from Georgia to Texas. During the sales process, they were incredibly engaging, helpful, and responsive. They assured me they would be the point of contact from start to finish --- once I paid my deposit they were useless. I never got my move coordinator on the phone again … the customer service people seemed annoyed that I wanted to confirm dates. They assigned the job to two companies at the same time, causing major confusion for all parties involved.

I ultimately had major issues with the moving company due to the estimate being incorrect, this wasn't caught because I never had a quality assurance walk-through. Why? Because the quality assurance department consists of one person who was out of the office. I was told that I could e-mail him and he would respond if available. Don't believe a word that Josh tells you and do yourself a favor and book directly with a van line that owns its own equipment.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I am writing to share a horrible moving experience in hopes that I save someone looking to do the same some heartache. We contracted with Purple Heart to move from Northern CA to Southern CA in August of this year (2019). What started out great; a friendly phone call with attractive estimates - which included a 30% "cushion" so as to ensure we would not go over the estimate, and more likely come in less, turned into anything but great.

There is not the time here to provide all the horrible facts of the move, but let me share some key points: Purple Heart got over $3,000 to basically provide our name to another moving Company (Cheetah). We were not given the name of the mover until they were to showed up to perform the move. The movers did NOT show up on the scheduled day. They kept calling throughout the day moving the arrival time out by 2-3-4 hours until we called it off for the day. We Tried calling Purple Heart's "after hours" line as we finally called off the move for that day at 10 pm, and there was NOBODY there to help. Purple Heart could not or would not make any accommodations or arrangements to get a replacement mover.

The movers finally showed up the second day (12 hours before we had to close on our house) - with a rented "Enterprise Rental Van" (not what we would consider a "moving van". The movers, we learned, came from a Labor Pool that the lead move consultant had hired from Home Depot that morning (neither had ever performed a move before). Concerned with our "contents" - we sought help from Purple Heart who provided NOTHING. When we could finally get a hold of them, they made excuses for the moving company assuring us they were professional and had done hundreds of moves for Purple Heart?

Fast forward and the move continued to deteriorate. We asked Purple Heart if we could add insurance and pay with a credit card, as we were concerned the move would continue to have problems, and we wanted some recourse. We were denied at every turn. Purple Heart said they were "obligated" to tell the third party moving company we wanted to pay by credit card, at which point they threatened to terminate the move (we were now down to just hours before final walk-through and we completely held hostage: with NO help from Purple Heart). We paid cash for that portion of the move and "reviewed" the language of the contact to ensure the movers would uphold the contract on the other end which included the re-assembling of all our furniture.

Once in Southern CA, we had a final installment due, and based on the experience to date, we said we would pay once the job was complete: AGAIN we were threatened by the moving company and were told that would not even open up the truck unless we paid 100% in full. We paid (as the only way to get our stuff, and proceeded to watch them unload and see the damage they had caused - over 65% or our things had some, and in a few cases, major damage). The moving company left the job with only a few items reassembled, because they felt they had already spent too much time (not to mention some things were broken, and missing parts to reassemble?).

Again, we tried working with Purple Heart, only to watch them "wash their hands" of the move. They point back to the "contract" that was between us and the moving company they vetted on our behalf, and turned out to be horrible. (We could not have vetted Cheetah, as they were not revealed to us by PH, until the day of move?)

We tried to work with Purple Heart to get some reimbursement for the horrible experience we had. (And this is were it gets even more interesting.) After weeks of back and forth writing complaint letters and even consulting an attorney, Purple heart offered a 10% reduction in "their" brokerage fee (not the total move) - a ridiculously low offer considering they did not uphold anything they were paid to do: Provide a quality moving experience with professional, experienced movers. We reviewed the offer with an attorney who basically said, you are dealing with a second-rate firm, and you will spend more time fighting this than it is worth, just accept the offer and move on. We accepted the small offer and waited.

Two weeks went by and not a word from Purple Heart. We inquired again, only to learn that PH felt we took too long to accept the offer (1 week; most of which we were out of town and had not seen the offer) and rescinded it? (It was the final classic example of what summed up our experience with Purple Heart: Not a company to be trusted, clearly does not vet the movers they place, unwilling to stand behind their services, and finally not even willing to make good on a gesture made to try and make it right: It is the worst commercial experience we had ever been a part of?)

I share all these details to simply suggest you find a quality "moving company" that will do the work and can provide references that give you comfort in your decision. Purple Heart is NOT a moving company, they are a broker who are only as good as the moving company they stick you with. For the large brokerage fee they retain (and provide little to NO support), I highly recommend you spend the time vetting actual moving companies directly, and use some of that wasted "brokerage" fee to buy additional insurance. I hope my experience will help at least one of you out there avoid the experience we had.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I am sorry to say that I am very disappointed in the services that were provided me. I received a quote only to find out, on the day of my move, that the actual price was almost double. It went from $4.7K to $8.9K. Their system for estimating needs vast improvement. I am also not happy with the company that they chose for me, to do the actual relocation. I am still dealing with that company, on the damage that was done to my furniture.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

When you call them regarding making changes to the items being moved they tell you that their person will reach out to you 5 days prior to make all changes. So, you wait and they do not call so you call them 4 days out and are told that someone reaches out to you 1-5 days prior to get any and all changes. So you wait; they call you the day before they are scheduled to arrive but you are not available to take the call and when you try to call them back they do not respond to the multiple calls you make regarding changes.

The next morning the moving company they have contracted calls you and tells you approximately what time they will arrive. When their employees show up and you tell them what you have to add they scam you out of a cash tip. A cash tip of $600.00 so you don't have to be inconvenienced to go out on a Sunday to get the cashiers check amended... like they are doing you a favor. The best part after all of this they were scheduled to deliver in Florida on Wednesday but the moving truck breaks down in Georgia in a Walmart parking lot. Now you try to reach Purple Heart and cannot get anyone to call you back letting you know where your belongings are.

Finally, someone from the moving company they contacted let you know that your things have been taken to a warehouse but they cannot give you a date as to when they can delivery your belongings. So, after 10 days of trying to get answers they finally deliver most of your belongings with damage of course. Then you have to constantly reach out to them to try and find out when they can deliver the last of your belongings. Finally, they delivered the balance of what they found 3 weeks later with damage. NEVER USE PURPLE HEART!!! Their CS person wanted me to look at it from their side since they had 600 moves that month... I guess they were overworked just like the rest of except we would have been fired for doing such poor job!!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

They quote you a low price at the time of contract and then constantly add fees after they have your deposit. They were 3+ weeks late with no notice. They lost important parts to my furniture and didn't reimburse fully.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I've had the worst experience with this moving company. The first encounter was on the pickup date. They called and told me that they will show up around 3PM and they ended up showing up at 8:30PM! It took them forever to deliver my stuff. They picked up my stuff on July 11th and delivered on Aug 4th!! (Their ETA for delivery was July 24 according to their paperwork, which makes the delivery delayed by 11 days)! Meanwhile I tried to contact the customer service to get an update on the delivery ETA, and the customer service was AWFUL! I cannot emphasize how unresponsive and irresponsible they were. On the Delivery date, there was a missing item and the truck driver told me that they will send it to me.

It's been 19 days and I have not received the missing item. I have been calling the main moving company ("Purple heart Moving group" and their local company "Brooklyn Moving INC) for the last 2 weeks to find where my item is at. Nobody seems to care now that they got their money! Also, they ended up adding a lot of hidden charges which was not disclosed when I was getting a quote from this company! Try to avoid working with this company as they don't really care about customers and there is no definition of customer service in this company's culture!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Please be very cautious of this company. I will provide quote numbers, names and dates as proof of verified customer. PHMG will tell you most of the reviews you read online are not accurate and made up. This is a lie, this company is evil and will scam you in one of the most vulnerable times of your life. My small family is moving from Houston to San Antonio; I am 7 months pregnant and have a 2yo and 4yo. My husband was let go from his company a few years ago due to the oil recession and so after trying to make it work in Houston we decided to head back to San Antonio. We found PHMG who sold us the world; offers us discounts for having military family members and for PAYING CASH deposit.

Nick ** is our point of contact on 8/15/19 at PHMG. He did a preliminary phone inventory of our home taking down everything we were to move quoting us a DO NOT EXCEED move rate of $4900. Stating the cubic square feet he figured was on the high end and our move quote of $5500 would decrease once his movers arrive. He asked us for a cash deposit to secure the DO NOT EXCEED rate and move date of 8/23 for pack and 8/24 for move.

On 8/21 I called to verify move; lo and behold; PHMG is NOT NOT NOT a moving company as sold to us. They are a moving broker who sold our move to American Knights moving; a company we had no choice in and would not have decided to move with had the decision been left to us! We asked to cancel the move due to misrepresentation of the company and we were told we would lose our deposit. I called our bank; but because we had PAID CASH; there was nothing they could do to recoup the lost funds.

We called and spoke again with Nick who reassured us everything would be okay, we just needed to speak with Kevin in Quality Assurance. Once I went through my entire home again with Kevin he told me "Your inventory had everything listed, but it has been entered incorrectly. This will take me a little while to correct." Nick then sends us a new and revised quote removing the 1114 Cubic Square feet originally quoted and replacing it with 2362 cubic square feet doubling our quoted amount of $4900 to $11275.02. There is no way we can afford this amount and due to the fact it was changed 3 days before our move PHMG refuses to refund our $1550 deposit stating we didn't cancel our move in the 5 day window allot. We have spoken with Kristin and Mercedes in customer service who have no sympathy or empathy to the situation. It is a well oiled scamming machine. Our quote number is **.

We are devastated by the loss of $1550 and have to search for a reputable mover and move before our close date of Monday the 26th. I am heartbroken that a company would prey on people during one of the most vulnerable times in their lives. Please please please be aware and DO NOT choose this group as movers; they are BROKERS who will steal from you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I am unsure if this is even a real company, no one can give me any answers on my moving services. I moved from Kansas to Ohio using "Purple Heart Moving Group" and my belongings got delivered 18 days late. They also broke my bed frame and left my Peloton bike in Kansas (Bed frame $1,000 and Peloton bike $2,500+). I have filed claims and they have let me know that it will take 30-60 days to return/fix damages.

I only know that my Peloton bike is in a Kansas City WAREHOUSE (I moved from 2.5 hours away from KC) because the mover told me he left it there by accident. No one at this company has been able to locate it for me or let me know when it will be delivered. Absolutely sketchy and terrible service all around, I would never recommend them to anyone, and I cannot express how much time I have spent trying to get ahold of them to resolve these issues with ZERO answers.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Do NOT use this company! There are numerous complaints at the Better Business Bureau. I wish I would have read them. They will charge you WAY more than your estimate, subcontract to numerous companies outside their control, and not deliver when they say they will! Let me start by saying that I’m retired military. I’ve moved cross country and overseas more than I care to count. THIS was the worst experience I’ve ever had! We got three moving quotes. Purple Heart was the highest, but we thought we might be safest with them because I did some research and they had good reviews. I’m convinced now that they paid for those reviews.

1. We sent an email with all of the items in our ONE bedroom apartment. Some of those items didn’t make it on the list they sent back (of course we assumed they weren’t the kind of items they added).

2. We were first told they’d pick us up on Saturday. Then it changed to Sunday. Then it changed to Sunday night. Then, at around 9pm on Sunday night, the driver said he had a flat tire. We arranged with the new tenants to have them move in later (we were supposed to be out of the apartment at midnight Sunday).

3. They show up on Monday. Pack everything up. Then tell us we have more stuff than they estimated (keep in mind they were already the highest price)...they say they need $1100 more or they wont load the truck. We have a 1 bedroom NYC apartment (read...not even a walk in closet). We were not even supposed to be in the apartment...we were being held hostage with no way to fix the situation. We had to pay.

4. This was July 1st. We told them we wanted to be in our new apartment in Denver by July 17th. They said that was no problem at all.

5. We called about a week before to make sure everything was on schedule. They told us that they weren’t even going to put it on a truck til the 17th. When we complained and said that’s ludicrous, they said we should read our contract closer and that they have 30 days and we have no recourse! At that point, Purple Heart referred us to Fragile Moving, and never spoke with us again. We have yet to actually hear from them, even after the move.

6. We learned, they are a broker. The salesperson who was professional and nice but never speaks to you again after you give a deposit. They’re just the sales people. After that, there’s no more professionalism! And, once they send you off to another company, you are left to deal with them...a company you did not choose! A company you did not google and did not read reviews on!

7. Fragile Moving. That’s the company that we now had to deal with. We called and called and were told over and over again that they weren’t sure when they’d even get our stuff on a truck. Finally, on July 19th (2 days after we moved into an empty apartment), they gave us a delivery window of Wednesday-Friday the following week. We had to buy blankets, towels, air mattress, pillows. Hundreds of dollars spent just so we could eat, sleep, shower.

8. On that following Wednesday we still hadn’t heard anything, so we called again. Now we were told that we had to talk to the driver (we’ll find out later that this is yet another subcontractor, not under the control of Fragile Moving). The driver wouldn’t tell us when he was coming. Fragile Moving called back and said the window was now Friday to Sunday.

9. On Saturday the driver finally talks to us and says he’ll be at our place around 5 or 6. Then later he says could be as late as 9. We say 9 is late, but we’re desperate to get off this air mattress and so it’s fine. He calls at 9 and says it’ll be 10. We say that’s probably too late at an apartment complex and he starts yelling at my husband and tells him we don’t have a choice! The guy was a raging jerk!!! They show up...say we have to pay $525 because the hallway is long. And yes...that too is in the fine print. The estimate only covers 50ft from the truck to the door! No apartment is 50 feet to the truck!!! They know this and they don’t tell you!

10. So, at 11:30 pm, they say if we can’t pay them $525 cash, they will leave our things in the hallway. We can’t get a dolly, we can’t hire help...BECAUSE IT’S ALMOST MIDNIGHT!!!

11. Now, here is where I was going to praise Andy from Fragile Moving. Even though this whole process was infuriating, he maintained his professionalism and was kind. But it appears that he had no control over the third company we were passed to! AND...turns out, Andy just provided professional lip service. When the movers (and it was JUST the driver, Hyme - the people who actually worked were lovely) were holding our things hostage, Andy said it was our problem not his. Then, he stopped answering the phone! As with Purple Heart, we never heard from Andy again!

12. All told, what would have cost us $3900 with another company cost us over $5500 with Purple Heart/Fragile Moving...and that doesn’t include the hundreds of dollars we spent just to eat and sleep without our stuff for almost 2 weeks! And, while Hyme said he would be there to deliver at 9 and it would only take an hour...he showed up at 10 and didn’t leave til after 1am!!! And the $525 "long carry fee" he extorted from us? Went straight to his pocket. He gave none of it to the three nice men who actually did all of the hard work and carrying. In fact, they disclosed to us that they had been hired THAT DAY on Craigslist, for $13/hr!!!

DO NOT USE PURPLE HEART!!! They are nothing short of criminals, and hopefully our complaints to the Better Business Bureau and other actions we intend to take will shut them down before they can harm anyone else.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I am a strong support of Veterans and Service members, but Purple Heart Moving destroyed or significantly damaged most of my furniture during my move. My wooden furniture, was not wrapped up - the delivery movers said it looked as if the pieces had just been disassembled throw into the truck - and arrived broken and scratched, with parts missing. My new mattress was partially wrapped in a black garbage bag and is too filthy to use and must be thrown out. My bicycle is broken. Art was not even bubble wrapped and also arrived destroyed.

Customer service has been very unreliable, unhelpful, and disagreeable. I had to call multiple times to find out my pick up, and they finally told me less than 4 business hours before movers were scheduled to arrive. When movers actually arrived several hours after their arrival window, customer service was unapologetic and told me the window was irrelevant. When the claims office was not available to me, they said there was nothing they could do. Purple Heart acts as if they are not responsible for the quality of my move, even though I have paid them thousands more than their initial estimate. I have never written a negative review before, but because all aspects of Purple Heart were so horrible, and because I will need to replace thousands of dollars worth of property, I feel the need to warn others.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Moving is already a stressful ordeal, and Purple Heart Moving Group only escalated the stress. Make sure you read the contract very carefully because the drivers are not a part of the company and they do not know what the contract entails. They are not movers, they hire other movers to do the pick ups and drop offs.

The first driver texted me the day before my pickup day, with no name stating that he will be there at 9 am. When he showed up, he could not enter my complex because he brought an 18-wheeler… for a one bed/one bath apartment move. This man tried to charge me $1750 on top of the payment in the contract. He said the fees were for the stairs (which I had mentioned and were already included), different truck that can fit inside the complex, and the cubic feet was more than they expected. He “bargained down” to $900.

He became angry when I called customer service to let them know he was trying to raise the price (which is what you are supposed to do per the contract). Customer service did the correct thing and sent him away, but even after they said he could go he was still texting me about doing it for $800 more. I called Mercedes and she sent two different drivers the next day, and they were professional and efficient. So that was one thing that went right.

They picked up my things on a Sunday and did not tell me when they were delivering it until the day before. It took 8 days for a Pensacola to Tampa Florida move. By this time, I am calling trying to figure out my delivery date every single day, with no one telling me anything exact. I tried calling Mercedes who had helped me previously, and Josh who helped set up the initial contract. Neither spoke to me. I ended up speaking with Samantha, who was informative. I finally got it straightened out with Crystal, and the same driver who picked my things up dropped them off.

When I started opening some of my boxes, I soon realized that some of my items were broken. Coffee mugs, wine glasses and other glassware was broken and little pieces of glass were at the bottom of my boxes. This company has so many people working in it, and each person I spoke with gave me different information. There appears to be zero communication within the company and all the dates and times are “up in the air”. I felt like I was being scammed. They charged what seemed to be a fair price only to extend the move altogether and trying to tack on additional fees. This whole experience was frustrating and unsettling. I will definitely never use this company again, nor will I recommend it to anyone else. I would have felt more comfortable with a moving company that had the same people estimating my things, picking them up and delivering. This contracting business is not worth the stress and aggravation.

Original review: July 29, 2019

As is the case with most reviews these days, consumers best beware. I have no clue where most of these reviews come from, as a quick Google search shows these guys are nothing more than an e-commerce site, filtering moves to a local moving company who doesn't give 2 ** about your stuff and don't care about bad reviews. I've been in the process of trying to get my "claim" resolved from these people since January. As of today, I have not heard from the mover they used (Triple Crown Moving & Storage in Dallas) in over a month. I had already left a Google review for Purple Heart, and they asked me to take it down in order to get my claim resolved, which I did, and still nothing. Avoid this scam, and avoid Triple Crown.

Original review: July 17, 2019

These are the movers from HELL. First of all, Purple Heart is not a moving company - they are a broker. In my case they brokered the job to a company based in New York and I lived in California. The guys who show up are local people and they showed up in an Enterprise rental truck. It is nothing but a SCAM from beginning to end. The first red flag was that they asked for a large amount of money upfront. After receiving that they did not answer phone calls or e-mails. There was no further contact until the day before I was scheduled to move. When they did contact me the day before my scheduled move suddenly the price went up an additional $4,000 (it was now too late to schedule a different moving company).

There was nothing professional about the movers who showed up. They loaded much of the items I told them to leave behind and they left behind many of the items that were to be moved. They were too lazy to properly take apart the three pieces of furniture they were told needed to be taken apart and put back together at the other end. At the other end they pushed the pieces of furniture together to make it look like it was okay but as soon as I touched it the bed frame fell apart. They ripped my executive desk apart and it will never be usable again. They damaged several pieces of my furniture. The replacement cost of the items damaged is approximately $15,000.

Once they have your items loaded on the truck they go up again on the price (if you want them to move it and not store it for 30 days that is an extra charge). You must pay them in full and sign off that you received everything in good order BEFORE they will even open the truck. Not only did the cost of the move start at around $8,000 and end up at over $14,000 but they damaged or left behind so many of my items that I would have been far better off leaving everything behind and buying all new at the end.

Original review: July 16, 2019

They do nothing but hire you a horrible moving company and charge a premium to do so. They do not protect you, their subs do not abide by their contracts. Once they have your money, they won't even take your calls or respond to your emails. The company they hired threatened me, extorted 13K out of me while holding my stuff hostage, they destroyed over 40K worth of my furniture, they were rude, arrogant, domineering, I'm pretty sure I have PTSD.

Purple Heart Moving Group Company Information