Pergo

• 4%
    • 0%
    • 89%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?

Reviewed May 24, 2024

We had four rooms in our home, including a bathroom and kitchen that we had Pergo laminate floors installed as a remodel. We consider this to be one of the worst purchases we have ever made. At first, we are very pleased in the floors looked very nice. We had a professional installer who did a very nice job. It did not take long for us to regret the decision to use Pergo. As many other reviews have stated the first time that we had a spill in the kitchen, the water seeped between a seam and caused bubbling and the floor to come up. Then the ice maker leaked during the night and flooded the kitchen. Every bit of flooring bubbled at the seam and is chipping. If that were not enough, all floor registers have bubbled up as well from condensation from the A/C. I cannot believe that this company is still in business. Worst flooring ever. I’d rather have sheet vinyl!

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I purchased Pergo Flooring due to its look and durability. I’m very unhappy with the product and would not recommend it. I had water spill on the flooring and it has bubbles up causing ripples in the material. It is not durable as I was led to believe.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Coverage

Reviewed March 31, 2024

Pergo is not a quality product. The Home Depot pushed the issue to Pergo and Pergo refused to replace/repair discolored flooring. I have 940 sqft. Covering 5 rooms plus a bathroom. Pictures speak for themselves.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 16, 2024

After several years and Multiple multiple purchases of Pergo products I am through. I am very disgusted with their Customer service and "so called Warranty." We intentionally bought a (what we thought to be high end floor) partially because it came with a "Lifetime warranty." What a Joke, like several other reviews I have read on here we contacted Pergo only to be re-directed to Lowe's being told that Lowes held the responsibility of filing a claim. After getting past some of the Cyclic garbage of who is to do what, I was told I had to provide pictures and proof of purchase. Longer story shorter I provided pictures of the problems we have had and are having with separation between planks (extremely bad dependent on time of year, chipped edges etc...). I also provided pictures of the prep and new floor (which due to an injury I had at the time we had the floor professionally installed.

I will say I did not have the paper receipt (which even if I had after a couple years they fade out). So I went onto our MYLOWES account and lo and behold my history only went back to 2022, I was told that Corp Lowes if I could provide a date/date range of purchase should be able to assist, they were not. They could only go back to 2020, (please keep in mind this is for a LIFETIME warranty). We purchased prior to 2020, so I then contacted our financial institution and we found proof of purchase along with this. I even googled the floor we bought and found original listings from Lowes website showing the price per unit as well as showed the Sq footage that we bought only to be told via the Lowes rep that the Pergo vendor will not file the claim because we could not provide the paper receipt.

So once again I reached out to pergo to try to speak with a supervisor/manager to see if we could get some sort of resolve. Basically I was told that # 1 I could not speak to a supervisor or manager, that it would be a waste of time because they would tell me they would do anything at all to honor their warranty, the rep went further to say that it was Lowes responsibility to ensure that customers have paper copy of receipt, my reply was " it is pergo's product not Lowes, Lowes did not put "Lifetime warranty" on the packaging that I thought that was a copout and also told the Rep since I knew our discussion was being recorded for LOL "training and quality purposes."

I said to the Rep that they pergo should not put a warranty on the label if they had no intention of honoring it in any fashion whatsoever. Based on this alone I would not recommend buying any pergo product as they will not only not stand behind their products the upper management won't even stand behind their employees which are instructed to basically block the customer, they being a openly known available to the general public product won't even have the decency to talk to a non commercial aka the general purchasing buyer. Recommending steer clear and save yourself the hassle and aggravations.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2023

In June of 2022, I purchased a pallet of Pergo Waterproof Laminate and used half. The other half was covered and stored in a place that protect until I needed to use. Now I need the other half, I have discovered the humidity during the summer months have caused the product to be destroyed by working, swelling and rotting. I called Pergo and they stated I had to go through Home Depot. Home Depot put in a claim buts it’s been weeks. No one responding.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

Had our floor professionally installed less than a year ago and now it is separating and bubbling up. Not a high traffic area and in our master bedroom! Tried calling Pergo, they told me to contact Lowe's. Getting the runaround through Lowe's. We spent the extra money on it so it would be durable and last. Should have went with the cheaper product.

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

Installed in 2021. This flooring is complete crap, it is very easily scratched, dented, scraped, and is not waterproof as stated. Flooring started warping from spills and dog accidents, in several places. Tried filing a claim but got the runaround from Lowe’s for the last 3-4 months. Spoke with multiple managers and they tell me they will look into it and get right back to me. I never hear back from them, then I called back and get the same thing over and over and now they’re telling me after 3-4 months that I’m out of my warranty period with them and I need to contact Pergo direct. We purchased the Pergo Portfolio + WetProtect Waterproof Aged Silver Mist.

Reviewed June 27, 2023

PERGO used to be a reputable company. Not ANYMORE, PLEASE do not buy this junk, 1 year and mine warped, numerous attempts at negotiation, their position is I must have used the wrong cleaner. And I am ** out of luck. Pergo is crap. Save your money.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2023

I purchased Anchor Gray Pergo Timber Craft flooring for my entire first floor in 2018. We installed the flooring and 3 months after we moved into the house the flooring started warping from spills and dog accidents. Not in one place but in several places. I spent a lot of money on this flooring and now it makes me sick to walk in the front door to see how horrible this has held up for just a year. I had original laminate flooring in my old house that held up better than this Pergo flooring. It definitely is not waterproof.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 25, 2022

We purchased this Pergo flooring January 12, 2022. We have it installed and haven't even got to move into the home yet and there are already scratches, nicks, and bad separation throughout the home. We have contacted Pergo and Lowe's for 2-3 months now and have only gotten the run around from each company. We purchased this for top dollar because of the warranty and scratch proof, dent proof, waterproof in hopes it would last. I would rather just have my money back and Pergo take their product and I would start over with regular linoleum rugs but as it is we are out all that money and have a scratched up, nicked up, and badly separated floors. Pergo needs to stand behind its warranty and make it right with the customers. Highly Disappointed!!

Get matched with a Flooring partner near you.

Pergo author review by Emma Simon

Pergo developed plastic-laminate flooring, with the first flooring produced in 1979. It is the largest laminate flooring manufacturer in the United States and also produces solid hardwood and engineered hardwood floors.

• Installation: Pergo encourages DIY installation, which is greatly simplified by the flooring’s easy click-lock design. However, if you’d prefer to hire a professional installer, Pergo retailers will help locate a certified installer in your area.

• Samples: While consumers must visit retail partners either online or in-person to make purchases, they can order samples for a fee from the Pergo website. Visit a retail location to see the flooring in person.

• Four-color printing process: Pergo is one of a few companies that uses four-color printing for its decorative graphic sheet designs on laminate. The result is vibrant, true-to-life wood grains, patterns and colors.

• Hardwood variety: Hardwood selections include chocolate oak, handscraped heritage hickory, antique natural oak and slate oak.

• Laminate selections: Bourbon Street oak, bainbridge oak, crestwood tile, chateau maple and Winchester apple are just a few of the nearly 130 choices in laminate flooring offered by Pergo.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Pergo Company Information