3.8/5 (130 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Pergo

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Pergo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?

Original review: March 4, 2022

We had 18 years German brand which was v good but thought of changing. So vendor suggested Pergo brand for our flooring. Within year we noticed it's separating. Also representative gives reason it's due to water but we are very very careful as we have maintained 19 years other brand. Pergo brand is not trustworthy at all. No solution. They spent money on advertisement promoting brand.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Had approx 1300 square feet installed in August. The flooring itself is beautiful but it is separating. There isn't a lot of traffic so I do not understand why this is happening. Very disappointed! I would like to speak to a Pergo representative but am having a hard time reaching anyone.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I installed the Pergo Outlast Laminate floors throughout my home between 2018-2020. Initially, the installed floor looked beautiful, even for laminate. However, over time, this floor has not held up to the most basic wear and tear. After only a few months, I have had to replace multiple sections of flooring in my kitchen. This floor is not remotely water resistant. One drop of water on the floor that gets failed to be mopped up can ruin the entire board. Is it really realistic to expect that the floors are completely free from even one drop of water 100% of the time? It is exhausting to be constantly scanning the floors for a rogue droplet of water that I might have been missed. I am at a loss for how Pergo can brand this as water-resistant at all.

The water isn't the only problem with the floor. The corners of the board will just CHIP OFF in high traffic areas. I tried fixing the chips with the Pergo touch up kit. That doesn't even come close to fixing that damage. The touch up paint wears off after a few months. At a bare minimum, should floors be able to handle people walking on them? This damage started occurring after 6 months or so of being installed.

Additionally, a good portion of the boards I purchased arrived damaged. Something like 20%. I should have documented every damaged board and asked for a refund right then and there. However, I remained optimistic for some reason and installed the remaining damage-free boards anyway. Guess what- Soon, I am going to have to redo my kitchen floor for the 3rd time since these have been installed. Pergo, you brand your products as if they have superior durability in some regards to real wood. This is a blatant lie. Do your customers and the planet a favor and stop producing product that's only designed to last a few months.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

PERGO Laminated Flooring. Stay away from purchasing anything from this company. I purchased my floors eight years ago and we did four bedrooms, three of the rooms are holding up well except for one room which started to peel and lift in some areas. This product is supposed to have a lifetime warranty. I call The PERGO company and they told me we have to make a complaint where I made my purchase. We went to Lowe’s where we bought the floors and they took my compliant and they store forward our complaint to Pergo with pictures of my damage floor. Pergo sent out an inspector with all kinds of gadgets to analyze the floor & he also took loads pictures.

We waited about a week and the claim was denied. The company claims this is not a manufacturers defect so We say then tell what is? They probably pay the inspector a hefty amount to come out when they could of given us a credit for the damage floor. Now we have to replace all four bedrooms because they don’t carry the floor we have now and I don’t want to have a different flooring in one room and the other rooms with the original floor we bought the first time and when we buy new floors it definitely won’t be PERGO FLOORING. This company worries so much about making a profit that they don’t care about their customers. THEY ARE PENNY WISE AND DOLLAR FOOLISH.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I bought Pergo laminate and had it installed in 2019 in my kitchen, great room, and a long hall. Within one year, it was buckling....not in the kitchen, nor by the 2 outside doors, but in the hall. Pergo gives a lifetime warranty. It took forever for a rep to come...The sweetest little old lady and husband finally showed up. What a scam! It was ruled water damage. Who has water damage in the middle of a hall?? I got nothing because it had been discontinued and would cost them too much to replace. Don't be deceived. Lowe's did not stand up for this product either. Lots of buckling now. Search for a better product.

Original review: April 20, 2021

My mom has had Pergo laminate in the main areas of her house for 10+ years. It has stood up to a 125lb Rottweiler and a 65lb pit mix. No scratches, no chips, no peeling edges. We do keep a rug under the dogs' water bowl for extra precaution. Her floors do have some small gaps now where you have slide them back together... I don’t know if that’s something that happens over time or installation malfunction. I also had Pergo XP Asheville Hickory in my home for over two years, we moved. It held up to 2 65lb plus dogs, also no scratches, no peeling edges etc. I am in the market for their flooring again because of how durable it is, however inventory is difficult to come by right now.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

We just installed flooring and have had to return and re-order the rooms' transition bars at least 4 times! The pieces were faulty and falling apart - the wood actually stripping off from underneath. It looks like these are either very old pieces, faulty pieces, or parts that were not in moisture controlled environments. The installer has over 20 years of experience installing floors and this is the first time he's seen this issue! We have had to go back to Home Depot several times and re-order. This project should have taken a week to get done and has taken over 2 months just because of these horrible transition bars!

The newest order we received today looks completely different and new and fits in perfectly. So that means Pergo sent crappy old parts (3 times) and Home Depot is not even refunding them. I don't see myself using Pergo products ever again. This has been a nightmare - waste of money, energy, and time! I will raise this issue all over social media.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Nice flooring, but had an issue with a transition piece ordered with the flooring. They say it comes with their special trimmer to make it into one of four potential transitions. Great idea but there was no trimmer. Quick response on line said tech will send one. Never received, quick response, again said it shipped USPS but they would ship another UPS. A week after laying the floor, nothing shows up and the UPS tracking number they sent me is no good. Close out of a job held up by a silly transition. Nice flooring (for laminate) but don’t believe a word they tell you if you need help with a problem. Won’t install again, even if the homeowner wants it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

We live in a condo which is built on a slab, no basement. When we moved in we originally planned on simple vinyl flooring for an industrial effect but after two attempts at an install from Home Depot, their flooring department convinced us to go with the Pergo floor, and installed it via one of their "qualified contractors." About three months later the floor started to chip and the boards began to cup. We have had the floor for five years now and the laminate surface is peeling and chipping. The boards themselves are warping and since the floor runs through the entire unit the ten thousand dollar job would have to be totally replaced to correct the problem. I would stay away from this product and also not have any installations done by Home Depot, as, from my research, the installation was done improperly and the product is inferior.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

In late 2019, we purchased Pergo TimberCraft + WetProtect Waterproof Crest Ridge Hickory Handscraped Wood Plank Laminate Flooring. It was advertized as waterproof with a seal splashing water outside of a tub. It was installed according to all instructions and all the joints were made tight with the use of purchased tapping blocks until it was solid. At the end of the year we accidentally left a puddle in the middle of the kitchen floor for about 45 to 60 minutes. Water seeped down through the flooring causing an area in the middle of the kitchen to have warped edges around each plank. It took over 6 months to get them to even consider a warranty claim. They sent an inspector who reported the water damage. The final decision was that the flooring showed no sign of manufacturing defect. Their claim of being waterproof was confirmed to be a lie by the inspector. I can show copies of the inspector report and the final claim denial.

Get matched with a Flooring partner near you.

Pergo author review by Emma Simon

Pergo developed plastic-laminate flooring, with the first flooring produced in 1979. It is the largest laminate flooring manufacturer in the United States and also produces solid hardwood and engineered hardwood floors.

• Installation: Pergo encourages DIY installation, which is greatly simplified by the flooring’s easy click-lock design. However, if you’d prefer to hire a professional installer, Pergo retailers will help locate a certified installer in your area.

• Samples: While consumers must visit retail partners either online or in-person to make purchases, they can order samples for a fee from the Pergo website. Visit a retail location to see the flooring in person.

• Four-color printing process: Pergo is one of a few companies that uses four-color printing for its decorative graphic sheet designs on laminate. The result is vibrant, true-to-life wood grains, patterns and colors.

• Hardwood variety: Hardwood selections include chocolate oak, handscraped heritage hickory, antique natural oak and slate oak.

• Laminate selections: Bourbon Street oak, bainbridge oak, crestwood tile, chateau maple and Winchester apple are just a few of the nearly 130 choices in laminate flooring offered by Pergo.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Pergo Company Information