Compare Flooring

Research top Flooring recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Customer service is top notch at this company. If you have a problem, they will work to make sure that a solution is reached that satisfies the customer. The installation process was fast and simple. The techs came over in the morning to install flooring in the dining room and kitchen. They only took a few hours and were very courteous. The value was very good. I was able to put new flooring in the dining room and kitchen at a great price. Their prices are generally lower than other competitors and whatnot. The quality of the flooring is great. I have had the new floor for a few weeks and so far there is no scratches from dog nails or kids playing around. There's great quality and I wouldn't go to another company.

Customer service was very good. They were nice and helpful, answered all my questions, and were very professional. Would use again in future if i needed to, was great. Installation went great. Installers were professional and efficient, got things done in a timely manner. Had no issues or complaints and would use company again. This flooring is beautiful, looks like real hardwood floors, great value for price and installation. Receive great comments on quality of flooring every time I have company.

The customer service was absolutely, positively fantastic. We are customers who like service, so this really worked out in our favor! We are so pleased. The installation was honestly the best thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life. They did such a marvelous job. We were so thrilled with the installation process! I can't believe what a value this was. Our floors are amazing and we just love them so much! Such good quality. This stuff means business!

The customer service was wonderful. Very helpful. The installation was quick and easy, very fast, very professional. I can't believe that it took such little time given that the last time I had to go through installation of tile it took a little longer than a week. 1 day was all it took with Pergo. Great value, cost effective and since it will last long very worthwhile. The customer service will help you find out what you're looking for within your budget and what works best for your home to ensure it lasts. Very sturdy, built to last, easy to clean. This is a great quality product. It will hold up against children and pets. I have three kids and they like to drop things from upstairs because they're wild and dangerous. So far no cracks or dents.

Top notch and good quality. Customer support when needed. Installation is included with purchase so you don't have to bother with that. There are a lot of people working on it so installation is pretty rapid and barely any wait time. The value is top of the line and the best on the market. The quality looks more expensive than I actually paid for it. Which makes it that much more valuable. Expensive looking quality with smooth and extravagant features. Long lasting textured quality with incredible alternate features. Comes in various colors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Regarding Claim # **. Had flooring installed by contractor in March of 2011. Two weeks after installation flooring began to bubble or tent in multiple areas. Contractor was contacted, came back in May to make stress cuts which relieved some areas but not all. Since installation contractor came back a total of 3 times, but flooring continues to bubble in one large area. Filed a complaint with Pergo, inspector came out. Report blames the use of a Shark Steamer for bubbling in floor. Shark steamer had only been used a total of 3 times and only 3 months after installation.

In September 2007, I purchased $1,800 worth of Pergo floors through the home Depot warehouse. In a matter of 4 months, I saw the floor begin to peel and warp in several areas. I called both Pergo manufacturers and Home Depot store to set up an appt. for an inspector to come and look at the poor performance of the floors. Both Pergo and Home Depot denied my claim stating that the moisture level of the floors was way over the amount they would normally accept. Pergo is saying it is a "site related issue". There is one small site where liquid was spilled and was immediately cleaned up (within 5 minutes). Yet the floor still warped and peeled extensively. Pergo promises a 30 year warranty on their product, but when I complained, they said they would not honor the warranty. When I purchased the Pergo floor at Home Depot, the Home Depot floor specialists told me that Pergo is their "top quality" floor and can withstand children, dogs, etc. and is a very hardy floor. When I analyzed the finished product, it looks like cardboard. I would have been better off with a wood floor.

My husband and I purchased 43 boxes of Pergo flooring from Lowe's in Santee, CA in May of 2007. Here is the Pergo Information: Malaysian Kempas PW 80517, Global Passage-Dark Wood/Cherry. We installed them ourselves as they are very easy to install. However after the third day of having them installed we noticed how easy the Pergo scratches. Our 3 year old daughter was pushing around her dolly in the baby stroller (doll weighs 1pound and stroller weighs 2 1/2) and the stroller left scratches on the flooring. My daughter is a very petite 3 year old weighing 26 pounds.

I called Lowe's the next day and they said since they did not install it I needed to call Pergo. Well I tried Pergo three different times and they kept telling me to go back to the store it was bought from that they could not help. This went on for about 3 months before I had enough and filed a complaint at Lowe's against Pergo. That was in August. Well Pergo sent a man out (sub contractor for Pergo - named Glenn who was highly rude and got dirt all over my cream carpet and wood floors which took me 2 hours to clean after he left). He said that by his findings, I was at fault for allowing our daughter to play with a stroller that had non rubber wheels on the Pergo floor.

I called Pergo directly 10 days later since they did not call to tell me about my complaint. I spoke with Seth who told me my claim was denied and then spoke with a woman named Tanya ** who told me she was the "Boss" and there was not anyone higher than her I could speak with. She told me that she saw the photos and too found no valid claim. I was very upset and said how can Pergo not back up their product when Pergo shows children riding a tricycle on the commercials showing how durable the floors are. That is the whole reason we purchased it was to withstand a playroom for our 3 year old.

Needless to say I did not get anywhere with Tanya and she told me I would have to hire an attorney if I was going to get anything else out of her. She said Pergo was merging with a Canadian based company and that they would be dealing with it so it really was not her problem. I was so upset about the lack of effort on Pergo's side to really back a product up that is sold nationwide. I truly thought that when we bought the Pergo that came with a 25 year warranty we would be getting our $3,600.00 out of the floor that we put into it. As it turns out we have a 500 square foot playroom that has a dark cherry pergo floor that looks horrible.

Well I filed a complaint with the BBB and the same two individuals I had a problem with at Pergo are the same two who responded back to BBB telling them they are still going to deny the claim because in their warranty information is stating that is does not cover "improper or inadequate maintenance or accidents, such as damage". I do not intend now or ever to claim ignorance. I am just shocked that a child's small stroller would leave such damaging marks on a flooring that animals nails go across and do not scratch. I truly feel that Pergo misrepresented the durability of this flooring and should have better information letting consumers know the sensitivity of this type of flooring. I am in the process of possibly taking this to small claims court.

I purchase Pergo flooring for my family room in 1998. Had a good warranty sounded good. The place I bought is no longer in business. The store had men come out and laid it. I am seeing the floor buckling coming apart at the seams. We are adults in this house we don't abuse our floors. We do have a small dog. I call century tile they also use this floor, they gave me the information to contact Pergo. Mr ** wrote me an e-mail that the floor is not their responsibility. They sent out an inspector and with his test, they say they can do nothing about it. I spent over 2,000.00 on this floor 5 years ago. The product is falling apart. Who can I go to. If they can't help me, I want others to be aware of their shady products. If you can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you for any help.

Expert Review

Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.    More about Joseph→

Pergo developed plastic-laminate flooring, with the first flooring produced in 1979. It is the largest laminate flooring manufacturer in the United States and also produces solid hardwood and engineered hardwood floors.

• Installation: Pergo encourages DIY installation, which is greatly simplified by the flooring’s easy click-lock design. However, if you’d prefer to hire a professional installer, Pergo retailers will help locate a certified installer in your area.
  • Samples: While consumers must visit retail partners either online or in-person to make purchases, they can order samples for a fee from the Pergo website. Visit a retail location to see the flooring in person.
  • Four-color printing process: Pergo is one of a few companies that uses four-color printing for its decorative graphic sheet designs on laminate. The result is vibrant, true-to-life wood grains, patterns and colors.
  • Hardwood variety: Hardwood selections include chocolate oak, handscraped heritage hickory, antique natural oak and slate oak.
  • Laminate selections: Bourbon Street oak, bainbridge oak, crestwood tile, chateau maple and Winchester apple are just a few of the nearly 130 choices in laminate flooring offered by Pergo.
  • Best for Pergo is especially beneficial in homes with pets and kids, as well as luxury shoppers.

Compare Flooring