2.04/5

Looking for a flooring company?

Pergo

Looking for a flooring company?

30 Pergo Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

We purchased Pergo Max flooring for our living room, kitchen, dining room and down our hallway to the bedrooms. Worst mistake ever!! We only purchased this flooring over others due to the salesperson explaining how it was the best product for having animals around the house. We have had nothing but trouble with the flooring bubbling up, scratches all over and starting to peel. We have spent over $7000 on the flooring and had Lowe's install the product. Not only is their product junk. Their customer service isn't too great either. We even purchased the extra warranty to have just in case. Waste of money!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Still struggling to install, not going well at all. I've tried to contact Pergo with questions many time both via email and phone and get nowhere. I was feeling so stubborn one day that I stayed on hold with them for 2 HOURS!!! Only to have them actually close and just leave me on hold! They have not replied to any emails and they are impossible to reach by phone! If this flooring (which just on installation is chipping easily) is anything like their "customer service" then I just wasted a lot of money!!!

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We needed to replace our carpet after Hurricane Florence. My sister had older Pergo and loved it. She has 3 dogs. I wanted something waterproof and not luxury vinyl. I chose the Timbercraft in Anchor Grey. It looks great on the floor. However, we already have several places where the laminate is missing. They are small but you can see them. We have had to purchase the Pergo floor fixer which I didn't know existed. No one has dropped anything. It is just from living on it. We have had this on floors for 2 weeks only. We are almost paranoid about putting anything on floor, vacuuming and just living here. Soft soles on shoes only or barefoot. I really thought this would be more durable. We spent lots of money on something that isn't living up to having a "Great Dane" on the floors. Sadly we should have gone with cheaper floors since these probably won't last.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had my entire upstairs covered with Pergo. It is the oak flooring look a like. I spent over ten thousand dollars. In just a few months the seams are bubbled up. Looks like hell. I had a Pergo rep look at it but never heard back. This product is junk. BEWARE!!! Ten thousand dollars down the drain!! Thanks Pergo for selling me trash at a outrageous price!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased and had installed about 1000sq feet of Montgomery Apple Pergo max. Within a few month the edges are peeling. If you walk into the house during rain and don't immediately dry the floor of even a few drops, the floor is ruined. The water seeps into the seams and the edge peels up. Very very disappointed. We didn't install it in our kitchen because they warn against spills etc. But not being able to walk into your house when it rains or snows is ridiculous.

Pergo now has a more water resistant floor, they obviously got lots of complaints. We had a grandchild drop a baby bottle and didn't realize until the next morning as the bottle rolled under the table, the few drops that dripped out of the bottle, found their way to the edge of a plank and boom, it's peeling up. (Not the plank, but the design layer). Homes are made to live in and floors are made to service those walking on them. Having to be so cautious about every drip etc is silly. I would never buy another Pergo product again. Too much hassle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Had flooring installed by Lowe's. Started to have crackling noise when walked on at random points of floor. Filed a complaint with Pergo and they sent floor inspector out and reported it was faulty installation. The installer came out and checked all baseboards that seemed to be the problem but noted that all was done correctly. So now trying to figure out who is telling the truth and hoping it will eventually be resolved.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We have a toddler and looked for months for the right flooring... found Pergo Outlast+ and after looking at this floor and asking many questions we're convinced this is the right one!!! We had installed thru whole main level only to find out this floor is AWFUL!!! It’s slippery and does not withstand a toddler and them dropping everything!!! This floor is slippery and after less than a year has many dip to the bottom holes so we contacted Pergo and they said file a claim at Home Depot where we got floor. We did exactly what they said... and sure enough it’s not cover the holes and scratches!!! We wasted about $4000.00. All we had set aside and I’m ready to get rid of it already!!! Pergo terrible to deal with! If you have animals, kids or traffic. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Bought a full house full of Malaysian Kempas Pergo and 8 years later it started to fade and definitely is not holding up to the "no scratch or ding" situation that was promised by the salesperson. Filed a complaint and the supervisor at Pergo stated that he would only take care of the room with fading and nothing else. I feel that if I paid $8000 in flooring and installation that it should last longer than 8 years.

So now my only solution is to have 1 room in the house completely different than the rest (because they don't make Malaysian Kempas any more) or to get paid out on the flooring only. I wanted my whole house to have matching flooring and now I have to either keep the crappy Pergo or have 1 room completely different. NEVER AGAIN! Supervisor was argumentative and I did not feel that their customer service was done in a timely manner or was empathetic to my situation. I will not be using Pergo in my home or my rentals and will definitely let my real estate clients know that they should stay away and buy a better product.

Original review: March 16, 2018

After reading the reviews of Pergo it is obvious that Pergo has peppered the mostly very unsatisfactory reviews of this product with phoney opinions praising this laminate that dents, scratches, curls up at the edges, and can't even stand up to two months of wear in a home that has two adults, no animals, no children and very little traffic. The reviews of praise are obviously so ridiculous in their approval of the this low grade horrible product. The customer care that is so "wonderful" is horrific with their "couldn't care less" customer care.

NEVER, NEVER will I purchase any Pergo product nor will I ever do business with Lowe's again for carrying this abysmal flooring. I live in a condo complex that doesn't allow wood flooring. It is vintage 1970's with 2700 units that are constantly being upgraded with laminate or vinyl. The experiences with Pergo Max, the product, Pergo the company and Lowe's lack of company service has been spread and we will protect each other from any more experiences of costly and time wasting disappointments.

Original review: March 5, 2018

The coatings on the apple wood we purchased from Lowe's were not properly applied and scratch easy. Never Again. Pergo has had years to make the products better but instead I feel Pergo has become no more than Liquidators.

Pergo expert review by Joseph Truini

Pergo developed plastic-laminate flooring, with the first flooring produced in 1979. It is the largest laminate flooring manufacturer in the United States and also produces solid hardwood and engineered hardwood floors.

• Installation: Pergo encourages DIY installation, which is greatly simplified by the flooring’s easy click-lock design. However, if you’d prefer to hire a professional installer, Pergo retailers will help locate a certified installer in your area.

• Samples: While consumers must visit retail partners either online or in-person to make purchases, they can order samples for a fee from the Pergo website. Visit a retail location to see the flooring in person.

• Four-color printing process: Pergo is one of a few companies that uses four-color printing for its decorative graphic sheet designs on laminate. The result is vibrant, true-to-life wood grains, patterns and colors.

• Hardwood variety: Hardwood selections include chocolate oak, handscraped heritage hickory, antique natural oak and slate oak.

• Laminate selections: Bourbon Street oak, bainbridge oak, crestwood tile, chateau maple and Winchester apple are just a few of the nearly 130 choices in laminate flooring offered by Pergo.

• Best for: Pergo is especially beneficial in homes with pets and kids, as well as luxury shoppers.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
      Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Pergo Company Information