Find a Flooring partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (106 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Pergo

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Pergo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pergo?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We purchased the floor because they are suppose to be waterproof with 24 hour spill proof protection. They are not or nowhere of being close to waterproof. We have a special needs son who occasionally drop his juice. Nothing ever sits on the floor over an hour. We have puckering and cupping in multiple areas. These floors were purchased and installed by Home Depot. The commercial for this flooring shows a family in the kitchen having a water fight with the faucet and a Great Dane dog and its says worry free. It's false advertising! We've contacted Mohawk about the issue and they refused to do anything! Thinking of getting an attorney involved to help resolve this issue. Very disappointed with company!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I just finished installing Pergo Westlake Oak planks. Installation went fairly well. I purchased the threshold and quarter round that matches. The quarter round is absolute junk. Particleboard wrapped in color matched paper. I will be returning to Lowe's and purchasing PVC quarter round and paint to match my trim. I realized early on that the threshold instructions wouldn't work with my laminate/carpet transition. Had to use 2 layers of underlayment under the channel, including the shim, to get the channel to the right height to use the T (there was not enough of a height difference to use any of the other pieces of the 4:1 kit).

Installed the channel. When trying to install the T, the particleboard that should fit into the channel just snapped, one $30 investment done. Tried the next one as I had to purchase 4 of them for my installation. Same problem. For what the Pergo and trim/threshold cost, you'd think it would be of better quality. Need to decide if I'll waste more $$ and buy another threshold kit or come up with my own solution. Very disappointed in this expensive particle board junk. Should have installed Bruce hardwoods.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Currently attempting to install this product. It is absolutely a nightmare to work with. It does not lock together easily nor stay locked. Seriously considering ripping off all the tongues and grooves and just gluing it down. I've installed tile floors, wood floors, linoleum floors in this house, everything except carpet. We thought this would be a quick update for a little used room before we sell this house in a few years. What a nightmare. Do not recommend Pergo.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I purchased 670312 Pergo Gold Underlayment from Lowe’s hardware store, I’m so disappointed ☹️ I have a 5 year old and and 7 year old boys and there is absolutely no sound barrier! I wish I would have never bought it and just put the flooring down because I just spent all that additional money and being a single mom that money could have been spent on my boys! Don’t buy this product!

Original review: April 9, 2020

Began installing Pergo Extreme LV plank today. Several hours later, I gave up. The first thing I noticed was these thin white and blue plastic strips falling off of them. Turns out that they are part of the edge that "snaps" together with the next piece. Obviously the poor quality and construction of Pergo LV planks makes it impossible to handle the planks without losing these pieces. They should be glued to the plank...not just stuck in a groove where they VERY EASILY fall off. Not to mention how very easily the locking edges get damaged. Just routine installation handling or removing them from their box damages the locking grooves.

I've bought and installed discounted flooring from a 'seconds' wholesaler that was leaps and bounds MUCH better quality than Mohawk Pergo. It's been installed for over two years now and looks like it did the day I installed it. I'm not even going to attempt to file a claim with Mohawk Pergo. But I will be fighting this with my retailer. Unacceptable, low quality, disappointing from such a long-time company.

Pergo response

Hello Joe, this is Laura with Pergo. I'm very sorry to hear about your installation experience. If you'd like additional guidance on installing the flooring, please feel free to contact the Mohawk Technical Services team at 888-387-9881, option 3. However, I understand you may not wish to install, and I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Pergo seems to be pretty much cardboard covered with a thin film of some kind, a cheap, not-quite-plastic material. (Yes, I purchased the upgraded version). It will chip, it will rot and disintegrate pretty easily around an entryway. I had to take the matching quarter round trim off (it had disintegrated) and I replaced it with PVC. Also some of the planks have separated from each other, which may be an installation issue. As the big box store recommended, I paid to have floor leveler poured (before the Pergo was to be laid) but the installer said leveler would crack over time and I'd be better off to just install the Pergo without it. I trusted his judgement, stupid me.

About 15 minutes after the installer finished, his office called to get my official review. A fifteen minute old floor looks great and nothing has had time to go wrong yet, so I gave it a good review. Stupid naive me! Next time an installer's office asks me if I'm satisfied my answer will be "I'm not sure...call back in a year". I recommend potential buyers of Pergo buy or borrow a sample and look carefully at the edge, or cross section. Stick a pin or a pointy object in. Wet it some, and dry it, just like a real floor has to endure. See what you think. I'll bet you'll buy something else. Oh, I can't add photos right now due to Covid 19 travel restrictions (Pergo is at my Jersey shore home).

Pergo response

Hi Michael, I'm Laura with Pergo, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. If you believe the flooring has not met the terms in its warranty, you can have your retailer file a claim with Pergo on your behalf. The warranty for your specific floor will be available on the Pergo website. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Have spent decades working in condominiums, the Author has had occasion to see various types of home decor in everyday use. Wherever failures were noted, they were remembered. With respect to Pergo flooring, it was noted that where high heels were worn, the laminate sometimes failed on some corners. High heels represent a relatively high loading per square inch. These same types of shoes can dent or mar real wood flooring as well. Recently in a Big Box store, without knowing how it happened, the author noted the same corner failure as noted where the product was in actual use.

Pergo response

Hello Thomas, I apologize for your experience. If you find minor dents or dings in your flooring, they can be repaired with Pergo finishing putty. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Pergo

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I purchased Pergola max, showing a Great Dane in it durability advertising. Not true! Everything that hit the floor create some sort of dent or chipping, poor finish, not resistant to liquids. Even a very minute amount of liquid creates an bubbling of the finish, very disappointed with this product. My wife and I are the only occupants of this household. We thought we were purchasing a quality product, no true! This particular flooring is a product of China. We wasted our hard earned money on inferior product. Can’t recommend Pergo products!

Pergo response

Hello Fred, I'm Laura with Pergo, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. If you believe that your flooring is not meeting the warranty, please ask your store to file a claim with Pergo on your behalf. Filing a claim is something the store must do for you. If you need to review the warranty, you can find it here on the Pergo site -

For Pergo Max Premier laminate: https://na.pergo.com/flooring-warranties?tab=laminate

For Pergo Max Hardwood: https://na.pergo.com/flooring-warranties?tab=hardwood

I apologize again for your experience! Laura with Pergo Flooring

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Do not purchase this flooring! When I started having issues with this, I went online and found hundreds of complaints. This is their MO blaming the customer for their terrible product! Their flooring sucks! If you have an issue with it they blame you and will not honor their warranty! The report from their so called inspector is bogus. I purchased my Pergo flooring online and had it installed. I noticed the flooring looked damaged, but I wasn’t sure if what I saw online may have been different than what I received, so I took some photos and sent to customer service and ask if this is damaged? They replied with yes you need to make a claim.

I made no claim of cracked or peeling flooring. I only said it looked like seconds. What a complication it has been to make a claim. I had to drive forty miles to the nearest Home Depot store because Mohawk will not to to customer directly. When I got there no one knew how to put in claim. I left my information with them and a few days later was contacted. I was ask for planks which are already on the floor. Then they sent a man out to inspect the flooring. He did not want to talk to me, and anything I ask him he would say he could not answer because he would get fired. I knew at that point he was only there for show and most likely the claim would be denied.

He took pictures of my dust mop and my thermostat, my insulation under my house, and my house! I only had the flooring for less than a month! He loosened a plank near the closet and now that area is parted at the seam. Nothing he did had anything whatsoever to do with the flooring in the same condition it was in when it came straight out of the box. I had nothing to do with the issues with the flooring being seconds and sold to me as retail. The report said it was improperly installed, not true! The flooring came out of the box from the factory in this condition. It has been nothing but a hassle to deal with this. Now I have to pay someone to repair what your inspector damaged!

Pergo response

Hi there, this is Laura with Pergo. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. If you will respond privately with your name and 7-digit claim number, I can ask the Mohawk Consumer Affairs team to look up your claim and advise next steps. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Bought Pergo xp about 8 months ago and every seam that gets a little water or moisture swells. We bought this product because of the dog commercials seeing how tough it was supposed to be. Went back to the store and they said we don’t recommend this product anymore. It's all vinyls now they said. Buyers beware. Pergo will not stand up to any kind of water or moisture from mopping or tracking in snow.

Pergo response

Hi Jerry, I'm Laura with Pergo - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. If you believe that your flooring is not meeting the warranty, please ask your store to file a claim with Pergo on your behalf. Filing a claim is something the store must do for you. If you need to review the warranty, it's located here on the Pergo site - https://mohawk.blob.core.windows.net/pergo/pdfs/Pergo_XP_Warranty.pdf I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Not alot to say except there were maybe 7 pieces of the flooring that actually locked together. 13 hours later and 7 boxes, we have one row down. I bet anyone would have the same issue we are. Maybe we got a bad batch? "Lowes asked". "We could load it up and take to the store to see if their flooring techs can do it." Really? It's not that complicated. Tap it in if it doesn't go right together. Lol.

Pergo response

Hi Carie, I'm Laura with Pergo - I'm very sorry to hear about your installation experience. Please feel free to contact our technical services team at 888-387-9881, option 3, for any questions regarding installation. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I purchased Pergo laminate flooring for my living room, kitchen, dining room, playroom, entryway, and hallways. After 2 years my floor is falling apart. There are scratches everywhere, the color is almost completely gone from the thresholds. The color that is left on the thresholds is white and the rest is metal. The thresholds are so loose that my 2 year old son picks them up and brings them to me. The actual flooring is scratched and has deep gouges in it. The top laminate is also beginning to peel right off of the floors leaving the "wood" exposed. The floors swell so bad my pantry door won't close.

Lowe's opened a claim on my behalf, but since they only guarantee the work for one year they sent the claim to Pergo who has denied me saying I have water damage. My house has been thoroughly inspected and I do not and never have had any major leaks. We even replaced our front and back doors during the same time as the floors were being installed. Pergo refuses to talk to me directly claiming they will only talk to Lowe's on my behalf and Lowe's says they will only file one claim on my behalf and will not do any appeals. This is the worst 7,000$ I have ever spent.

Pergo response

Hi Bridgett, this is Laura with Pergo - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. If you could let me know your claim number, I will ask our Consumer Affairs team at Pergo to look up your claim and advise next steps. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

100% true and honest review! Installed Pergo Portfolio. Wet Protect Technology. Waterproof Natural Park Hickory Laminate in my living room. 250 sq. ft.

Pros:
    1: After preparing my floor, installation was easy (I am a skilled trades worker just to note) and finished in 1 work day. Did the project alone...
    2: Not 1 damaged plank in any of the boxes I ordered. 15 in total.
    3: Felt pads under all feet of furniture and tables. 80 lbs. Pit Bull and no scratches as of yet with no area rugs.

4: Left a few cut pieces outside in the rain for 2 days (just to see what would happen. because I do live in a state wit all 4 seasons) and it hasn't warped or bubbled til now.

Cons:

1: Floor occasionally creaked (just from settling I'm sure, but not from walking across it) after install.

Conclusion:

Loving the look of the floor (wish we could post Pics here)! I will try to update this review after 6 months...

Original review: May 21, 2019

We purchased Pergo Max flooring for our living room, kitchen, dining room and down our hallway to the bedrooms. Worst mistake ever!! We only purchased this flooring over others due to the salesperson explaining how it was the best product for having animals around the house. We have had nothing but trouble with the flooring bubbling up, scratches all over and starting to peel. We have spent over $7000 on the flooring and had Lowe's install the product. Not only is their product junk. Their customer service isn't too great either. We even purchased the extra warranty to have just in case. Waste of money!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Still struggling to install, not going well at all. I've tried to contact Pergo with questions many time both via email and phone and get nowhere. I was feeling so stubborn one day that I stayed on hold with them for 2 HOURS!!! Only to have them actually close and just leave me on hold! They have not replied to any emails and they are impossible to reach by phone! If this flooring (which just on installation is chipping easily) is anything like their "customer service" then I just wasted a lot of money!!!

Original review: March 10, 2019

We needed to replace our carpet after Hurricane Florence. My sister had older Pergo and loved it. She has 3 dogs. I wanted something waterproof and not luxury vinyl. I chose the Timbercraft in Anchor Grey. It looks great on the floor. However, we already have several places where the laminate is missing. They are small but you can see them. We have had to purchase the Pergo floor fixer which I didn't know existed. No one has dropped anything. It is just from living on it. We have had this on floors for 2 weeks only. We are almost paranoid about putting anything on floor, vacuuming and just living here. Soft soles on shoes only or barefoot. I really thought this would be more durable. We spent lots of money on something that isn't living up to having a "Great Dane" on the floors. Sadly we should have gone with cheaper floors since these probably won't last.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had my entire upstairs covered with Pergo. It is the oak flooring look a like. I spent over ten thousand dollars. In just a few months the seams are bubbled up. Looks like hell. I had a Pergo rep look at it but never heard back. This product is junk. BEWARE!!! Ten thousand dollars down the drain!! Thanks Pergo for selling me trash at a outrageous price!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Purchased 2500.00 worth of Pergo laminate flooring 1 year ago. Seems like everyday I notice more and more issues. Started with the seams buckling shortly after installation. When you walk on the floor you could feel it floating up and down as you step on it. Many of the seams are falling apart. Huge gaps!! Now starting to see scratches appear. Couple areas that are not even in traffic areas are now bubbling like there is water damage. Brand new home with 600 square feet of garbage on the floor. Was looking up warranty info only to find it seems I am not the only one with a horrible looking floor and after reading everyone's experience with the so called warranty will not bother pursuing it. Already highly upset about the loss in money I have encountered so why pursue a warranty that will most likely just upset me even more. Thanks Pergo for the extremely misleading marketing of your product!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased and had installed about 1000sq feet of Montgomery Apple Pergo max. Within a few month the edges are peeling. If you walk into the house during rain and don't immediately dry the floor of even a few drops, the floor is ruined. The water seeps into the seams and the edge peels up. Very very disappointed. We didn't install it in our kitchen because they warn against spills etc. But not being able to walk into your house when it rains or snows is ridiculous.

Pergo now has a more water resistant floor, they obviously got lots of complaints. We had a grandchild drop a baby bottle and didn't realize until the next morning as the bottle rolled under the table, the few drops that dripped out of the bottle, found their way to the edge of a plank and boom, it's peeling up. (Not the plank, but the design layer). Homes are made to live in and floors are made to service those walking on them. Having to be so cautious about every drip etc is silly. I would never buy another Pergo product again. Too much hassle.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Had flooring installed by Lowe's. Started to have crackling noise when walked on at random points of floor. Filed a complaint with Pergo and they sent floor inspector out and reported it was faulty installation. The installer came out and checked all baseboards that seemed to be the problem but noted that all was done correctly. So now trying to figure out who is telling the truth and hoping it will eventually be resolved.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We have a toddler and looked for months for the right flooring... found Pergo Outlast+ and after looking at this floor and asking many questions we're convinced this is the right one!!! We had installed thru whole main level only to find out this floor is AWFUL!!! It’s slippery and does not withstand a toddler and them dropping everything!!! This floor is slippery and after less than a year has many dip to the bottom holes so we contacted Pergo and they said file a claim at Home Depot where we got floor. We did exactly what they said... and sure enough it’s not cover the holes and scratches!!! We wasted about $4000.00. All we had set aside and I’m ready to get rid of it already!!! Pergo terrible to deal with! If you have animals, kids or traffic. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Bought a full house full of Malaysian Kempas Pergo and 8 years later it started to fade and definitely is not holding up to the "no scratch or ding" situation that was promised by the salesperson. Filed a complaint and the supervisor at Pergo stated that he would only take care of the room with fading and nothing else. I feel that if I paid $8000 in flooring and installation that it should last longer than 8 years.

So now my only solution is to have 1 room in the house completely different than the rest (because they don't make Malaysian Kempas any more) or to get paid out on the flooring only. I wanted my whole house to have matching flooring and now I have to either keep the crappy Pergo or have 1 room completely different. NEVER AGAIN! Supervisor was argumentative and I did not feel that their customer service was done in a timely manner or was empathetic to my situation. I will not be using Pergo in my home or my rentals and will definitely let my real estate clients know that they should stay away and buy a better product.

Original review: March 16, 2018

After reading the reviews of Pergo it is obvious that Pergo has peppered the mostly very unsatisfactory reviews of this product with phoney opinions praising this laminate that dents, scratches, curls up at the edges, and can't even stand up to two months of wear in a home that has two adults, no animals, no children and very little traffic. The reviews of praise are obviously so ridiculous in their approval of the this low grade horrible product. The customer care that is so "wonderful" is horrific with their "couldn't care less" customer care.

NEVER, NEVER will I purchase any Pergo product nor will I ever do business with Lowe's again for carrying this abysmal flooring. I live in a condo complex that doesn't allow wood flooring. It is vintage 1970's with 2700 units that are constantly being upgraded with laminate or vinyl. The experiences with Pergo Max, the product, Pergo the company and Lowe's lack of company service has been spread and we will protect each other from any more experiences of costly and time wasting disappointments.

Original review: March 5, 2018

The coatings on the apple wood we purchased from Lowe's were not properly applied and scratch easy. Never Again. Pergo has had years to make the products better but instead I feel Pergo has become no more than Liquidators.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I purchased Pergo light oak flooring many years ago and loved it. Yes, I had one small dent when I dropped a heavy pot on it. I liked my floor so much I am putting Pergo Outlast into a 700sq foot addition. Rated 96 on Consumer Reports with outstanding reviews. I can only assume Pergo max (and by its very much less expensive price) is not the same quality. Do your homework and remember... you get what you pay for. You don’t expect a BMW when you bought a Volkswagen Bug do you?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We purchased 1,000 square foot of flooring 2 years ago. Not realizing there are different connection methods, we picked up several different styles to make a floor that looks like reclaimed wood. Once we got home we realized the connection methods and sorted the flooring according to the connection type. Two years later we had some damage where a fridge had leaked on the floor for an extended period of time and we took a sample of our connection methods to Lowe's to find replacement. Nothing matched the connection methods.

I called Performance to find out where I can get more. The lady asked me what style it was and I have no idea, that was 2 years ago! Luckily I had written some styles on the bottom of a couple boards and told her the name something like "hand scraped hickory". She said that doesn't help since there are so many different versions of that name and she would need a model number that would be listed on the receipt. Seriously? So not only do they have several connection methods, they have different versions of the same name, and they do not print any identifying info on the bottom of the planks. And on top of it all, there is no identifying on the box as to which connection method series the product is. So I can't call Lowe's and ask them if they have something that might match!

Customer service was no help at all, and my running across something that works is just sheer luck. We were able to find ONE style that matched our floor on clearance and the newer versions are already in the shelf which means another connection method. We are selling the house so the poor soul that has to work on the floor in the future will most likely have to replace the whole thing to the tune of $2,000 or more, materials only. I am very pleased with the Bruce flooring we used in the laundry and bathrooms. No matter the color or style, they all fit each other. Buy Bruce.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! We purchased over $1,500 of this flooring. It has been installed for only 1 year and 5 months. We saved our receipt. The only thing we ever cleaned it with was a dry Swiffer and a damp cloth. They have a photo of a Great Dane on the box and boast the Lifetime Warranty. The only pet we have is a 1lb ferret. The floor is chipped, all scratched up, and the laminate is peeling and bubbling in several spots. We contacted Mohawk and Lowes. Mohawk sent out their "Private" wood inspector who would tell me nothing when he left.

They denied our claim and tried to say it was caused by improper installation and wet mopping which is just completely ridiculous. We have never wet mopped it. I call Mohawk back and asked to speak with a supervisor. They said that there were none available and one would call me back. They still have yet to return my call. Now we are going to have to pay to have all this flooring ripped out, purchase new flooring (a different brand of course) and have to pay to have the new flooring installed. Complete rip off!!! We are beyond mad! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS FLOORING TO MY WORST ENEMY! DO NOT BUY THIS FLOORING!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Bullet Proof Flooring. Okay, I didn't actually shoot at my floor. We installed some Pergo American Cottage from Lowe's 10 years ago. This floor looks exactly the same as the day it was finished. Dogs run around on it. Tools have been dropped on it without scratching it. Nail polish has been spilled on it and it cleaned up just fine. We had a slab leak and it didn't buckle thanks to the thick plastic underlayment that Pergo recommends. Unfortunately, some of it had to be removed in order to dry out the floor underneath. I almost cried.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I have noticed that the edges in my beautiful Moneta mahogany flooring are turning light color so when I bent over and I really looked at the problem it looks like the paint that's on the edges that makes this floor looks beautiful is coming off. I started a claim, inspector shows up, I got a denial letter. It was so hard to start this claim. I have made over 50 phone calls to Pergo and Lowe's... the home inspector report says everything is on spec with the flooring and the care that I do, basically it's not our fault, this is just happening and it should not. In the denial letter they suggested I buy touch up pen for wood and touch up all these planks, the issue is the high traffic area. All the planks, all the edges need to be touched up plus I need to spend extra money to buy these pens that I will need.

We have this flooring almost 4 years and we only walk on it with our socks and I do take care of my home so it's not something that we do, this flooring should be commercial grade and should last at least 30 years is the warranty of Pergo... very, very disappointed in Pergo... The bare address on this flooring have no protection on top so they are very sensitive to everything right now. If there is a drop of water it sucks a dry and you can see a water damage. I'm expecting this floor to be ruined in the next two years... :(

Original review: May 30, 2017

I purchased $6000 worth of Pergo Max hardwood flooring from Lowe's. It was professionally installed. After 1 month, the floor is so scratched that the installer recommends replacing the entire floor --- scratches cannot be fixed. NO HELP from PERGO on this matter. Their claim that this product is 5x more durable than hardwood is entirely UNTRUE. I have owned other real wood floors and never had these problems. VERY DISAPPOINTED and DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Pergo Company Information