1.17/5

Pennsylvania

Need a utility company?

83 PECO Energy Company Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 4, 2018

My wife and I have been not had power since Friday March 2nd. Just received notification that my power will be back Monday night March 5th at 11:59PM. That's 4 days without a place to go. This was the straw that broke my back. Not only have I had to pay ridiculous electric bills of $500 and $800 for January & February, I have to empty out my refrigerator of newly purchased groceries over $125 as soon as my home is warm enough to be inhabitable again. My electricity runs underground, how can this keep happening anytime the wind blows over 20mph. Can’t PECO “An Exelon Company” learn how to be preventative instead of reactive in this day in age- especially with all the historical data they have collected on hubs, transformers or switches.

This is a monumental joke to pay these prices and receive this service. I don't even see one truck out on my road Paxon Hallow - according to Pecos map where the issue lies yet power has resumed to residents living just across the street. I don't want to hear, "We're sorry for the inconvenience, safety is our top priority" or "We are working safely to assess the damage and restore service to our customers as quickly as possible," because there are no maintenance or utility trucks assessing anything and it's day 3 of the outage.

What other option do consumers have? 3rd party electricity companies that save you money, but have no maintenance or utility trucks. I don't understand why this seems to be a quarterly issue, with the same outcome every time. Can Peco stop being an apologetic Exelon company, and start being a company with energy solutions? Because as I shiver typing this complaint wearing 2 winter coats, and look out my window to see power across the street is a slap in the face with no solution in sight.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Every time I turn around my bill gets higher and higher... Don't get it and I'm changing. I get disability... How in the heck can I pay 600.00 in electric bills. And it's just me...something is not right. I don't know if someone is using my electric... I never see anyone coming out to check my wires or any like that. I'm definitely changing. This is ridiculous.

Original review: March 3, 2018

More than 36 hours after power loss we are still without power and as I drive all over the township I see no PECO trucks anywhere. Isn't anyone working? If I didn't pay my bill I know they'd shut it off on weekends and or a holiday.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We're moving. After 30+ years of PECO service, we filled out the online form asking them to stop service on January 8, 2018. We quickly got a response thanking us and notifying us that they were turning off the electricity on DECEMBER 8, 2017, giving us just 12 hours notice. Of course, there is no way to get in touch with them on the weekend - their offices are closed. The fact that the offices are closed did not stop a PECO representative from stuffing a notice in our door on Sunday saying that they were terminating our service because we "did not meet the requirements and/or complete the application for utility service."

We called first thing Monday morning and although the customer reps were pleasant, we now have to set up a completely new account - they DID say they'd waive the $6 application fee and would not require a deposit for starting the "new" service - how thoughtful. We also have to reapply to our electricity supplier who will now charge us a $70 early termination fee. We asked if they could just fix their error without going through all the hassles for the 29 days we have left here but no one would listen and we have to deal with all this because of their mistake. Not a word of apology or admission of error. Just another monster corporation that plows along, taking all in its path.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I signed up for so called "budget billing" before the start of summer and my bill started out at $90 a month. Now I know they're supposed to readjust the billing every 4 months but it wasn't even 4 months before it went up. Now they are charging me over $200 a month and I currently owe them over $500. I am a single mom and I have a good job but my take home pay is not sufficient and after paying a mortgage and other utilities and food and gas there's just nothing left. Their "budget billing" is an absolute joke. DO NOT GET SUCKED IN LIKE I DID!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PECO Energy Company?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Power outage is frequent, very very frequent, so frequent that it's now making me consider to buy a power back-up system. They take hours and hours to fix an outage. A few weeks ago, there was electricity for almost entire day – from morning until early evening. The issue persists nearly every week. I am urgently looking to change this provider even if this takes a toll on my monthly electricity bill.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Hello. I'm sitting in the dark with my daughters. One of them is 11 years old another one is almost 2 and the youngest is a month. 2 of my daughter chinchillas died. I have 4 fish tanks with exotic fresh water fish. I've been dreading are all dead. Peco never told me they when cutting my power. I've been out of work for a year due to my health last Sept. I filled out a assistance app with them and never saw a bill since so I figured it was worked out. But I guess not so now. We lost our pets and it's all Peco fault. I feel a big company like that and it gets shut off over 800 dollars and had no idea what was going on and of course they could care less about anyone and their families or pets. We just lost a lot and we are still sitting in the dark.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

PECO does not care about customer at all. Okay it was our fault that we missed the payment and the gas was cut off. The notice left at our door was for $295.00. We called immediately and paid a total of $375.00. Told our gas would be turned back on. The next day I had to call again. All of a sudden there an additional 127.00 due (Peco was having problems with their computer the night before). Paid another 127.00 dollars. Four hours later all I wanted was a call from the technician before coming so that we could be there. Peco expected us to wait at the for 24-72 hours which would mean (3) day out of work.

I was told that the technicians did not carry cell phones and could not call before showing up. What happens when the technician has an emergency when working on the gas lines? I was told that did not know what the technician was to do in cases of emergency but they could absolutely not call before coming to turn back on our gas. Who knew that a gas company would offer a service to call ahead when giving a 3 day window for service. They would rather have a family have no gas at all. What a major disappoint. Would change gas companies if I could.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I've been on CAP about a year, in the beginning it was great. The discounted rate made paying my PECO bill affordable. In the last few months there has been changes made to the CAP program, now there's a monthly credit that's given annually but divided into 12 months, it's a joke. I'm disabled with a very low monthly disability check and my monthly credit comes out to $3.50, that's right three dollars and fifty cents.

I called the CAP number and spoke with someone who said you're lucky to get a discount at all. Isn't that a nice way to talk to a customer who by the way has been paying PECO bills on time every month for 45 years until recently. I'd like to tell them to forget it. They need the $3.50 more than me if that's all they can do. Whoever changed the discount rates on CAP should work for a place where they can't be involved with the public. I'm disgusted really I am. Think about it. A savings of $3.50 a month, big deal PECO. You got us under your thumb.

Original review: June 14, 2017

It is now June and I still don't have electricity. I recently lost my job and had to move back into my home that I wasn't renting out. The renter moved and had the electric turned off from under his name. This was in the beginning of May. My son and I were forced to move back due to this horrible time in my life. The home was vacant for about a week, so we could get our affairs in order. I placed an online order with PECO to have electric turned on in my name. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything, so I decided to call. At this point, a very rude/abrupt woman answered the phone like it was her personal cell phone and I felt as though I was interrupting her by calling. She told me that I tampered with the electric and owed thousands of dollars. I was floored and asked to speak to a supervisor. Surprise, surprise, she was the only person I could speak to and the supervisor.

How is it even possible this day and age to steal electric? Why would they even make that possible?? I can barely get the remote to work properly let alone rewire electric! I have never even gotten an electric account placed in my name before in my whole life!! However, since I am the homeowner, I am responsible. Also, I homeschool my child and it is way too hot during the day plus we can't get access to the internet, lighting, or most anything without electric. Not to mention I have Asthma.

Currently, I am laying on my living room couch at 2:30am with a battery operated lantern and a cooler full of ice. I can't even buy any food right now for me and my child. Where am I going to get thousands of dollars when I just lost my job and I'm saving every penny to pay my mortgage to keep a roof over our heads? We have nowhere else to go and it's so hot in here. We are drenched from head to toe and I'm in tears writing this. Is there really no help? Is this really a way to live? Not to mention, the water bugs outside in this heat are monstrous and I can't see anything in my dark house this late at night. This is an awful way to treat human beings. I called PUC and they really didn't do much. So what now? This is awful.

PECO Energy Company Company Information