2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Pennsylvania

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

PECO Energy Company Reviews

Original review: March 5, 2018

Practically PECO services the lines and it is their responsibility to make sure risk is minimized to the distribution network. They see it is as allowing vendors like Direct Energy take over billing for a small discount but that is as far as they go. No one inspects trees around power lines, no one sends the township public works dept any report so that they can base off action for asking owners to do better tree management. Now after the storm, in the first township North of Philly there are 1200 without power due to exemplary negligent tree management in which they claim they have no role. It is just ridiculous how they abandon responsibility and didn't step up on overtime and repair crews to remedy the after effect of the recent storm.

Original review: March 4, 2018

My wife and I have been not had power since Friday March 2nd. Just received notification that my power will be back Monday night March 5th at 11:59PM. That's 4 days without a place to go. This was the straw that broke my back. Not only have I had to pay ridiculous electric bills of $500 and $800 for January & February, I have to empty out my refrigerator of newly purchased groceries over $125 as soon as my home is warm enough to be inhabitable again. My electricity runs underground, how can this keep happening anytime the wind blows over 20mph. Can’t PECO “An Exelon Company” learn how to be preventative instead of reactive in this day in age- especially with all the historical data they have collected on hubs, transformers or switches.

This is a monumental joke to pay these prices and receive this service. I don't even see one truck out on my road Paxon Hallow - according to Pecos map where the issue lies yet power has resumed to residents living just across the street. I don't want to hear, "We're sorry for the inconvenience, safety is our top priority" or "We are working safely to assess the damage and restore service to our customers as quickly as possible," because there are no maintenance or utility trucks assessing anything and it's day 3 of the outage.

What other option do consumers have? 3rd party electricity companies that save you money, but have no maintenance or utility trucks. I don't understand why this seems to be a quarterly issue, with the same outcome every time. Can Peco stop being an apologetic Exelon company, and start being a company with energy solutions? Because as I shiver typing this complaint wearing 2 winter coats, and look out my window to see power across the street is a slap in the face with no solution in sight.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Every time I turn around my bill gets higher and higher... Don't get it and I'm changing. I get disability... How in the heck can I pay 600.00 in electric bills. And it's just me...something is not right. I don't know if someone is using my electric... I never see anyone coming out to check my wires or any like that. I'm definitely changing. This is ridiculous.

Original review: March 3, 2018

More than 36 hours after power loss we are still without power and as I drive all over the township I see no PECO trucks anywhere. Isn't anyone working? If I didn't pay my bill I know they'd shut it off on weekends and or a holiday.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have PECO, though I have Solar also. It seem fair. Last month, no bill from PECO. I did sign up for a different supplier for electric. Titan electric and gas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PECO Energy Company?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I'm not well-versed on power companies. PECO is the one that serves me and I have no complaints. The power rarely goes out, but when it does, you can call them and they'll tell you how many people have been affected by the same outage and they'll give you an estimate on when the power should be back on. There used to be more power outages about 5 years ago but lately, it seems like the power rarely goes out, which is very much appreciated. I also think the monthly bill is fair. It's pretty low in the winter and very high in the summer during air conditioning season.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I am single, living alone, with minimal electric and am being charged $60/month since Exelon took over it. I was being charged $20/mo previously. Outrageous escalation of prices.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

We're moving. After 30+ years of PECO service, we filled out the online form asking them to stop service on January 8, 2018. We quickly got a response thanking us and notifying us that they were turning off the electricity on DECEMBER 8, 2017, giving us just 12 hours notice. Of course, there is no way to get in touch with them on the weekend - their offices are closed. The fact that the offices are closed did not stop a PECO representative from stuffing a notice in our door on Sunday saying that they were terminating our service because we "did not meet the requirements and/or complete the application for utility service."

We called first thing Monday morning and although the customer reps were pleasant, we now have to set up a completely new account - they DID say they'd waive the $6 application fee and would not require a deposit for starting the "new" service - how thoughtful. We also have to reapply to our electricity supplier who will now charge us a $70 early termination fee. We asked if they could just fix their error without going through all the hassles for the 29 days we have left here but no one would listen and we have to deal with all this because of their mistake. Not a word of apology or admission of error. Just another monster corporation that plows along, taking all in its path.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I signed up for so called "budget billing" before the start of summer and my bill started out at $90 a month. Now I know they're supposed to readjust the billing every 4 months but it wasn't even 4 months before it went up. Now they are charging me over $200 a month and I currently owe them over $500. I am a single mom and I have a good job but my take home pay is not sufficient and after paying a mortgage and other utilities and food and gas there's just nothing left. Their "budget billing" is an absolute joke. DO NOT GET SUCKED IN LIKE I DID!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Power outage is frequent, very very frequent, so frequent that it's now making me consider to buy a power back-up system. They take hours and hours to fix an outage. A few weeks ago, there was electricity for almost entire day – from morning until early evening. The issue persists nearly every week. I am urgently looking to change this provider even if this takes a toll on my monthly electricity bill.

PECO Energy Company Company Information