4.08/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

24 Benjamin Moore Paints Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

Bought two of their gallon outdoor paints. Both turned to chunks of solids if not used up before six months. Tried to remix it. No success. I used to get paint from them that would last for years. Use another brand.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We built a new home in Southampton last year and our builder RLW4 contracted Dinome paint to paint the entire home interior with two coats of Benjamin Moore Paint. We chose to use American White latex flat for all the walls and they chose to use Super White Satin Impervo Alkyd to paint all of our trim and doors. Here we are a year later and all of the doors and trim turned YELLOW.... We would appreciate it if a Benjamin Moore representative can come and inspect the problem and see how it can be corrected and why it happened. We await a reply.... Please have a representative from Benjamin Moore contact us at ** or ** to see how this can be rectified. Thank you, Susan

Get expert buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We painted our home in July of 2018, the outside is stucco and wood. The paint on the front of the house on the stucco is peeling off along with parts in front of our garage. I have been contacted by the Benjamin ** rep and nothing is being done. I would not buy this paint for stucco, I was told it would be fine on stucco, now I have to redo with something else. We have use this brand of paint for 26 years in construction, will now go to something else.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Have always used BM paint. Not sure I will be using them anymore. This paint was so bad and this was recommended for my desk. This left a satin finish, certainly not high gloss. Now I have to paint it again, and that is after priming it and three coats of paint. The paint is chipping. This is horrendous. I got all of the products together with the assistance of a BM paint shop owner. So disappointed!

Original review: March 27, 2018

It's the only brand that I use and it's easy to clean and the colors stay bright and bold for a very long time. Dries fast and clean, and doesn't fade or run. A lot of colors to choose from & many different types that include take home samples kid-friendly and pet-friendly ingredients and colors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Moore Paints?

Original review: March 25, 2018

I selected this brand because it was recommended to me. The brand delivers on what it says its product will do for my home. The paint is awesome and leaves your home looking like new. It is perfect for my home. It has awesome variety of colors that makes your home feel welcoming and the texture of the paint is perfect, neither too thick or light. I have been using this brand for over 5 years and never had a issue with their paint. They are the best one out there.

You do not need to give it more than two coats to get the right color on your walls. I use to use another brand and I always had to paint my walls like four or five times till it got the color right on my wall. Sometimes you don't even need to put the primer on your walls before painting with Benjamin Moore. That's how good the brand's paint is for your home. I paint the inside of my home like every year because I get bored easily of the colors or just want a color to match my new furniture.

They have perfect colors for the children's room as well. The paint does not stink up your house and dries within minutes of painting. Does not leave splotches on your wall neither. You will not regret buying this brand of paint. I highly recommend this brand to anyone that wants to repaint the inside of their home. Their prices are very fair and you will want to come back for more. To even paint the outside of your house. So go out and buy this brand. You will love it for all your painting needs.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My experience with this paint was excellent and it met all my expectations for the project I had. I was able to coordinate colors with the help of the store representatives. Bold colors went on smoothly and usually covered with one coat even with the sun shining on the walls. The paint does not drip when using a roller and it does not fade but it is scrubbable. The cost of the paint is quite high but, I continue to go with this brand for the qualities mentioned above.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This brand is competitively priced, easily found in numerous stores and provides a variety of colors. It also covers well, has a variety of features and is available for a number of different types of projects, both indoor and outside. I have used it to paint interior walls and also used their outdoor paint to paint window frames. I like the fact that it is reliable and it works just as well as much higher priced paints. It completely met my expectations by applying easily, without streaks and stayed on well.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Went to Home Depot and the choice was easy. The Benjamin Moore display at the store was eye catching. The colors were beautiful and interesting. The paint was easy to use on the walls and I enjoyed painting with it but I spent more than I was planning. It was more expensive but better quality than the other paint company. But it all worked out well.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have used this brand before with wonderful results. My home is very old and we painted over some really old paint and this product works extremely well. Paint goes on smoothly and evenly, easy cleanup, and beautiful colors. This is a long lasting product that is very low maintenance and the color never seems to fade. But the smell is a bit strong. The cans need built in pour spouts too. Also, they can maybe have more color choices. I sometimes have a problems finding the exact shade I want with this brand.

Benjamin Moore Paints expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

A premium paint brand that manufactures its own resins and proprietary colorants for a unique, long-lasting product. It has always sold its paints through authorized independent retailers.

• Available products: Benjamin Moore has one of the broadest selections of paint and stain types available. The company specializes in unique products like Aura® Bath and Spa Paint, a bathroom paint with a matte finish; eco-friendly options like Natura®; and specialty paints for front doors, vinyl siding and exterior trim.

• In-store color matching: Benjamin Moore was the first company to offer color-matching services. You can bring in any sample color and have it matched by the company’s color experts. For instance, you can match your paint to your favorite sweater, a photo from a magazine or anything else you can dream up.

• Paint recommendations: If you’re not sure which Benjamin Moore paint is best for your project, check out the product matcher on the company’s website. You just click which room or exterior surface you’re painting, and the matcher recommends the best product for the job. You can also search by color family or color collections.

• Benjamin Moore paint colors: Use the innovative Color Capture app to quickly snap a pic of any object and find a color match suggestion among Benjamin Moore’s paints. The app works with iPhones and Androids.

• Where to buy Benjamin Moore paint: Benjamin Moore products are available only at independently owned authorized retailers. Use the website’s store locator tool to find a retailer near you.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
      Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Benjamin Moore Paints Company Information