2. Homeowners

Shop on Ace
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.43/5

Benjamin Moore Paints Shop on Ace

Benjamin Moore Paints Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Moore Paints?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Moore Paints?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

What a huge difference between buying at a big box paint department to a paint store. @ Benjamin Moore the paint specialist walks you thru the whole project so you get it right the first time; I asked them about the paint & primer in one and he explained how there's a primer for every need/problem and the primer in the same can only refers to the ability to cover over another color which all good paint has. Once we started painting it went on the walls uniformly and with ease not a lot of spatter on the floors. I'm a Benjamin Moore fan for life.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I appreciate the subtlety of Moore's colors. The super-saturated pigmentation makes the darker colors a satisfyingly cover even with just one coat, and light colors are visually deep and rich. As a decorative artist, I'm always confident on my work that the paint films I've applied will fulfill my intentions from black and white sketches all the way through to the most radiantly final version.

Get buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I've been choosing Benjamin Moore paint products for decades now. I first bought this paint to touch up a NY apartment. Then, I used it in our first home - a hundred-year-old Dutch Colonial fixer-upper in NJ. Next, I opted for Benjamin Moore paint in our next more modern home where I painted the finished basement three times over fifteen years. Always beautiful, reliable, and drip free.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Usually wall just needs one coat of paint unless I am painting over a dark color wall. Love the selection of colors. Always used this brand. Very happy with it. The price is right and it's a brand that can be trusted. My mother used this brand while I was growing up and also I have always used this brand throughout the years. And now my children use this brand.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I've used a variety of paint brands over the years and Benjamin Moore is absolutely the best in terms of TRULY one coat coverage, ease of use and durability. There are definitely less expensive brands on the market but it's well worth the extra expense for this paint. I have a house full with several children and two large dogs and as a result am constantly scrubbing stuff off my walls, this paint really holds up to a good scrubbing and is extremely long wearing, looking great for many years. Benjamin Moore is the only paint brand I'll ever use!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Always consistent colors and goes on easy and covers well. Have found no paint as consistently good at all aspects. I recommend it to everyone if you want a paint that will cover most surfaces with just one coat.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Always choose Benjamin Moore. Great selection of colors and goes on so smooth and made for many uses throughout home inside and out. Readily available at nearby lumber yards and paint stores. Have used this brand for decades.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Benjamin Moore paint is consistently excellent in color coverage and texture. Wonderful color selection from classic colors, antique colors to bright and bold. Gloss, semi gloss, eggshell and matte finishes. Usually covers in one coat but I use two.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Solid pigments, not watered down with water. Good weatherproof. Dries fast in full sun. It is a good overall paint. Easy to apply. Not overwhelming with fume off gassing. I buy latex water-based for that reason and it turns out that latex paint never goes bad so you won't be wasting money if you don't need the entire gallon.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

This paint brand is simply unique and worth it. I will definitely recommend it to people because of the satisfaction I got from it. I have applied it for over a year plus and it still looking real good.

Benjamin Moore Paints author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

A premium paint brand that manufactures its own resins and proprietary colorants for a unique, long-lasting product. It has always sold its paints through authorized independent retailers.

• Available products: Benjamin Moore has one of the broadest selections of paint and stain types available. The company specializes in unique products like Aura® Bath and Spa Paint, a bathroom paint with a matte finish; eco-friendly options like Natura®; and specialty paints for front doors, vinyl siding and exterior trim.

• In-store color matching: Benjamin Moore was the first company to offer color-matching services. You can bring in any sample color and have it matched by the company’s color experts. For instance, you can match your paint to your favorite sweater, a photo from a magazine or anything else you can dream up.

• Paint recommendations: If you’re not sure which Benjamin Moore paint is best for your project, check out the product matcher on the company’s website. You just click which room or exterior surface you’re painting, and the matcher recommends the best product for the job. You can also search by color family or color collections.

• Benjamin Moore paint colors: Use the innovative Color Capture app to quickly snap a pic of any object and find a color match suggestion among Benjamin Moore’s paints. The app works with iPhones and Androids.

• Where to buy Benjamin Moore paint: Benjamin Moore products are available only at independently owned authorized retailers. Use the website’s store locator tool to find a retailer near you.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Benjamin Moore Paints Company Information