2. Homeowners
  3. Paint Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.58/5

Benjamin Moore Paints Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Moore Paints?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Moore Paints?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Many years ago my husband was painting the kitchen of our first house. My son was barely over a year old and I left him with my Mom so I could help. I got to our new house and took a paint brush and some paint (not Benjamin Moore). I started piling on the paint when my husband took the brush away and told me to "go shopping. You're good at that".

Years later I was looking for the perfect color for our bathroom. Benjamin Moore had little sample bottles of paint and I painted stripes of different colors all over the bathroom. I finally picked the right color and when I applied it I discovered the color was perfect and it took only 1 coat to completely cover all the stripes. The paint I used was beige and it completely covered even the darkest blues and reds. I was sold. Nothing other than Benjamin Moore for me. Cost comparison showed me that one coat of the more expensive brand was actually less expensive than doing 2 coats and a primer of the less expensive brand.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

My wife and I have been living in Dade County located in Miami for close to 40 years in the same house we purchased when we moved here. For close to 40 years or so I have painted our home at least once between 5-7 years depending on the color scheme my wife decides to go with, I can honestly say that even though we have tried different brands of paint the most durable and color fast has always proven to be Benjamin Moore products. I am now 74 years of age and thinking about repainting due to installation of hurricane windows and soon a new hurricane front door. Those making a need to repaint. I will say that I have interviewed a few contractors and each has their preference of product to suggest for one reason or other but my preference will be the contractor that suggests I use Benjamin Moore products.

Get buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

What a huge difference between buying at a big box paint department to a paint store. @ Benjamin Moore the paint specialist walks you thru the whole project so you get it right the first time; I asked them about the paint & primer in one and he explained how there's a primer for every need/problem and the primer in the same can only refers to the ability to cover over another color which all good paint has. Once we started painting it went on the walls uniformly and with ease not a lot of spatter on the floors. I'm a Benjamin Moore fan for life.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Benjamin Moore Aura costs a bit more than average paint, but once you understand how to apply Aura its quality of color and velvet sheen of the flat matte is superior to every other premium paint on the market today. Another element I love is how well the finish holds up over time as it ages, it does not fade like others. If you need a repair, even years later it blends in seamlessly as both the sheen and the colorfastness are a big benefit. Yes, it may cost an extra $20 plus per gallon, but when you are providing the labor for free, use the best, a little bit more is worth it.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I've used a variety of paint brands over the years and Benjamin Moore is absolutely the best in terms of TRULY one coat coverage, ease of use and durability. There are definitely less expensive brands on the market but it's well worth the extra expense for this paint. I have a house full with several children and two large dogs and as a result am constantly scrubbing stuff off my walls, this paint really holds up to a good scrubbing and is extremely long wearing, looking great for many years. Benjamin Moore is the only paint brand I'll ever use!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

When looking & buying paints, have a good idea what is needed & NEVER BUY CHEAP PAINTS. Cheap paints won't stand the weather & will require 2-3 coats. Get the ONE COAT PAINT, You will not be sorry!! SCW...

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

This paint covers nearly all of the flaws on surfaces. It rolls on smoothly and easily. It's worth the extra cost and comes in many colors. I recently painted over a damaged surface with a Benjamin Moore light pastel over old dark red paint. It only took a few coats and now the walls look almost professionally done even though I'm an amateur. I highly recommend this paint.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I think Benjamin Moore paint is one of the best around if not the best. I got my whole family using Benjamin Moore paint. I love them. if you have not tried them now is the time. I am about to redo my house within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Great paint with good coverage. I've used it before on many interiors and exteriors and never had an issue. Excellent choice for all your painting needs. Very easy to use when brushing, rolling or spraying, easy clean up too!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Growing up in my house we always used Benjamin moore paint for painting rooms. It always came out beautifully. I've never been disappointed with Benjamin moore paint. They have primer that covers grease. I was so happy to hear that before painting the kitchen. They also have a variety of great stains for furniture or woodwork, molding.

Benjamin Moore Paints author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

A premium paint brand that manufactures its own resins and proprietary colorants for a unique, long-lasting product. It has always sold its paints through authorized independent retailers.

• Available products: Benjamin Moore has one of the broadest selections of paint and stain types available. The company specializes in unique products like Aura® Bath and Spa Paint, a bathroom paint with a matte finish; eco-friendly options like Natura®; and specialty paints for front doors, vinyl siding and exterior trim.

• In-store color matching: Benjamin Moore was the first company to offer color-matching services. You can bring in any sample color and have it matched by the company’s color experts. For instance, you can match your paint to your favorite sweater, a photo from a magazine or anything else you can dream up.

• Paint recommendations: If you’re not sure which Benjamin Moore paint is best for your project, check out the product matcher on the company’s website. You just click which room or exterior surface you’re painting, and the matcher recommends the best product for the job. You can also search by color family or color collections.

• Benjamin Moore paint colors: Use the innovative Color Capture app to quickly snap a pic of any object and find a color match suggestion among Benjamin Moore’s paints. The app works with iPhones and Androids.

• Where to buy Benjamin Moore paint: Benjamin Moore products are available only at independently owned authorized retailers. Use the website’s store locator tool to find a retailer near you.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Benjamin Moore Paints Company Information