3.85/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Benjamin Moore Paints

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Benjamin Moore Paints Reviews

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I repainted our home here in Colorado Springs fall of 2018 with a vinyl safe paint your company manufactures and sells, as of early this spring our vinyl has been warping. Now Benjamin Moore wants to replace on one side of the house not the same color and will not match our color and will not do anything about the color difference. We painted a house, garage, car port, and fencing the same color. If I had to do it all over again I would not choose the company paint again. They do not stand by their products after being told the color would not warp our house and window trim. Plus seeing that our house has 4 sides so what they want us to call them back every year the paint starts warping our vinyl house and they only fix the warps not to match the color we choose to paint our house.

I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR A PSYCHEDELIC HOUSE. 2 different Representatives...Nick and another named Matt. Nick was let go for reasons unknown while we were not notified of his departure and Matt has taken over. He has turned in a request for X amount of dollars to fix the siding...but not all of it? We are still waiting on closure!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We paid several thousand $ more for Ben Moore Regal Select interior paint vs the Sherwin Williams product that our contractor had chosen. We made the decision to spend more based upon the general perception that Ben Moore paints do a better job of matching the original color and sheen. This was important because we knew, with white interior paint we’d be touching up often. Six months into our new custom home and the original paint left by the contractor has clumped so badly it cannot be used. We ordered a gallon of touch up paint, the store owner told us he hardly sells any Regal Select and advised that the grade below Regal would match color and sheen, just not have some of the properties of the Regal. Like mold resistance I’m assuming.

I purchased the gallon of touch up paint based upon the store manager's recommendation, spent 2 hours touching up. The sheen did not match after fully dry. We picked out simply white in eggshell. The eggshell we were sold had a much higher luster than our original, only six month old paint job. I took the paint back to the store, the store manager DENIED HE HAD TOLD ME the SPEC line in same color selection and same sheen would match. He blamed the error on one of his employees. DWS building supply in Las Cruces, NM is the store. He did provide a gallon of the Regal, same color, eggshell, I did touch up once again... Same problem. Not even close to a match in luster (sheen).

This store manager wasn’t helpful and had already stated his unwillingness to help me match the original paint so I phoned BENJAMIN Moore. The initial contact, lady named Norah was extremely kind and helpful. She had the rep phone... That’s when things started downhill. This rep was too busy blaming rather than trying to help find a solution to my problem. He blamed the weather, humidity, my paint subcontractor, the application process... No mention of hey, you’re the customer, what can I do to help you out!! I suggested he supply a gallon of my color paint but not in eggshell but in matte.

He agreed that he would do just that and I also wanted him to view the original paint job and the touch up that doesn’t match. He advised he didn’t really have my area on his schedule and of course, the three hour drive is too much an inconvenience on someone like this for him to even consider. I’ve emailed and texted this rep with BENJAMIN Moore, based out of Albuquerque, NM for assistance in receiving the paint he’d promised.

The rep has refused to return my email and text messages. I now have contacted Norah and requested the name of the rep's boss or the national sales manager. I’ve yet to hear back. Companies that do not respond to problems with the ultimate end user should not be considered reliable and they seem to have a very low level of integrity. The product does not perform because it clumps badly after such a short time and the colors combined with the sheen do not match. The people have been awful to deal with. Go elsewhere for your paint needs. I promise you it’s a better move than Moore.

Get expert buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Bought two of their gallon outdoor paints. Both turned to chunks of solids if not used up before six months. Tried to remix it. No success. I used to get paint from them that would last for years. Use another brand.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We built a new home in Southampton last year and our builder RLW4 contracted Dinome paint to paint the entire home interior with two coats of Benjamin Moore Paint. We chose to use American White latex flat for all the walls and they chose to use Super White Satin Impervo Alkyd to paint all of our trim and doors. Here we are a year later and all of the doors and trim turned YELLOW.... We would appreciate it if a Benjamin Moore representative can come and inspect the problem and see how it can be corrected and why it happened. We await a reply.... Please have a representative from Benjamin Moore contact us at ** or ** to see how this can be rectified. Thank you, Susan

Original review: March 28, 2019

We painted our home in July of 2018, the outside is stucco and wood. The paint on the front of the house on the stucco is peeling off along with parts in front of our garage. I have been contacted by the Benjamin ** rep and nothing is being done. I would not buy this paint for stucco, I was told it would be fine on stucco, now I have to redo with something else. We have use this brand of paint for 26 years in construction, will now go to something else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Benjamin Moore Paints?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Have always used BM paint. Not sure I will be using them anymore. This paint was so bad and this was recommended for my desk. This left a satin finish, certainly not high gloss. Now I have to paint it again, and that is after priming it and three coats of paint. The paint is chipping. This is horrendous. I got all of the products together with the assistance of a BM paint shop owner. So disappointed!

Original review: March 27, 2018

It's the only brand that I use and it's easy to clean and the colors stay bright and bold for a very long time. Dries fast and clean, and doesn't fade or run. A lot of colors to choose from & many different types that include take home samples kid-friendly and pet-friendly ingredients and colors.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I selected this brand because it was recommended to me. The brand delivers on what it says its product will do for my home. The paint is awesome and leaves your home looking like new. It is perfect for my home. It has awesome variety of colors that makes your home feel welcoming and the texture of the paint is perfect, neither too thick or light. I have been using this brand for over 5 years and never had a issue with their paint. They are the best one out there.

You do not need to give it more than two coats to get the right color on your walls. I use to use another brand and I always had to paint my walls like four or five times till it got the color right on my wall. Sometimes you don't even need to put the primer on your walls before painting with Benjamin Moore. That's how good the brand's paint is for your home. I paint the inside of my home like every year because I get bored easily of the colors or just want a color to match my new furniture.

They have perfect colors for the children's room as well. The paint does not stink up your house and dries within minutes of painting. Does not leave splotches on your wall neither. You will not regret buying this brand of paint. I highly recommend this brand to anyone that wants to repaint the inside of their home. Their prices are very fair and you will want to come back for more. To even paint the outside of your house. So go out and buy this brand. You will love it for all your painting needs.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My experience with this paint was excellent and it met all my expectations for the project I had. I was able to coordinate colors with the help of the store representatives. Bold colors went on smoothly and usually covered with one coat even with the sun shining on the walls. The paint does not drip when using a roller and it does not fade but it is scrubbable. The cost of the paint is quite high but, I continue to go with this brand for the qualities mentioned above.

Original review: March 22, 2018

This brand is competitively priced, easily found in numerous stores and provides a variety of colors. It also covers well, has a variety of features and is available for a number of different types of projects, both indoor and outside. I have used it to paint interior walls and also used their outdoor paint to paint window frames. I like the fact that it is reliable and it works just as well as much higher priced paints. It completely met my expectations by applying easily, without streaks and stayed on well.

Benjamin Moore Paints expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

A premium paint brand that manufactures its own resins and proprietary colorants for a unique, long-lasting product. It has always sold its paints through authorized independent retailers.

• Available products: Benjamin Moore has one of the broadest selections of paint and stain types available. The company specializes in unique products like Aura® Bath and Spa Paint, a bathroom paint with a matte finish; eco-friendly options like Natura®; and specialty paints for front doors, vinyl siding and exterior trim.

• In-store color matching: Benjamin Moore was the first company to offer color-matching services. You can bring in any sample color and have it matched by the company’s color experts. For instance, you can match your paint to your favorite sweater, a photo from a magazine or anything else you can dream up.

• Paint recommendations: If you’re not sure which Benjamin Moore paint is best for your project, check out the product matcher on the company’s website. You just click which room or exterior surface you’re painting, and the matcher recommends the best product for the job. You can also search by color family or color collections.

• Benjamin Moore paint colors: Use the innovative Color Capture app to quickly snap a pic of any object and find a color match suggestion among Benjamin Moore’s paints. The app works with iPhones and Androids.

• Where to buy Benjamin Moore paint: Benjamin Moore products are available only at independently owned authorized retailers. Use the website’s store locator tool to find a retailer near you.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
      Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Benjamin Moore Paints Company Information