3.89/5

133 Oster Appliances Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2017

Have had toaster (model TSSTTVCG03) oven for about 18 months. No problems, today made toaster waffle, unit shut off. Went into kitchen. Unit was on??? And I heard faint ticking of the timer. Turned toaster oven back on for 5 min., watched lower knob, it shut unit off, yet continued to tick, it moved the knob to stay on and turned the unit back on. If I had not been home I am sure I would have had a fire. I notified Oster via online today. Also found saferproducts.gov and sent complaint #20170514-73443-2147401503, also while on that site someone had the same problem with the same unit. Their report number is #20120101-1b05e-2147437113.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I purchased two bread makers directly from the Oster/Jarden Online store. After waiting 7 days for a email confirmation of the shipping, I finally grew impatient and emailed customer service. I was notified two days later that they canceled my order because they didn't have any inventory. Would it not be appropriate and considerate to notify their customers when canceling their orders on them? Also, wouldn't it be nice if they didn't advertise merchandise as for sale and available when it really is not? Thank you Oster/Jarden for putting me in bind now that I waited this long for the merchandise I thought I had purchased. Very poor experience. Don't trust this company's online store.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Purchased an Oster breadmaker off of Amazon.com. The kneading blade was missing straight out of the box. I figured this would be no problem for oster customers service and that they would simply send me the part. After opening 2 tickets with their customer service with no response for 3 weeks, I finally called them and got ahold of someone who barely spoke english. After telling them my problem, they proceed to tell me that they do not have the part or the bread maker and that I am simply SOL. So, instead, I contact Amazon customer service which is AMAZING and they simply send me a whole new bread maker and have the old one picked up and returned.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

We have had the toaster for six months and have not been satisfied with its performance. The toast is not browned evenly, a slight increase in temperature burns the toast. The toast is completely dry when it pops out. We have now replaced the unit.

Original review: July 31, 2016

Fire Hazard - I used the Oven/Toaster TSSTTVDFL2-D to toast some bread. I served the food and when I return to the kitchen the plastic that holds the handle were melted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: July 1, 2016

The short story is this: We were pre-heating the toaster oven to cook a meal. My wife was walking towards the toaster oven, (less than 2 minutes from turning it on) when suddenly, the entire glass door shattered in small glass pieces all over the floor. Even the handle flew off. The temp was set at 325, but regardless of the temp, it is a product failure. Someone (or our pets) could have been significantly injured. Its model # TSSTTVSKBT. Further, we called Oster and they said it was a warranty issue. Completely devoid of the notion that it is a safety and health issue. They were "doing us a favor" by offering a 10% discount. NEVER EVER would I recommend or purchase their products again. We will report this to Consumer protection safety commission.

Original review: June 5, 2016

I bought the Oster coffee maker last January because it comes in my favorite color – pink. I love that it comes with a free tumbler that fits exactly at the spot where the coffee is coming out. I also like that it is very easy to use – you just have to fill it with water and your favorite coffee beans then you're all set! Plus, the good thing about this maker is that its capacity is just enough for one or two people so that you won't be producing too much coffee which will become stale later on if not consumed. It's also very easy to clean. This is definitely one of my favorite appliance in my kitchen.

Original review: May 22, 2016

My mom and dad got their Oster food processor 32 years ago. They had it for 25 years and we used it for processing fruits, making pesto sauce and baby food. We had to replace it because my friend borrowed it and put ice in it, the glass broke, he never replaced the thing. We bought another oster, and I hope it lasts decades like the old one my parents had.

Original review: April 18, 2016

Oster Convection Toaster Oven Model # TSSTTVDFL2 - I purchased this toaster oven for my wife for Christmas 2015. About 2 months ago, the oven door handle fell off because the screws through the oven door into the plastic handle holder melted from the heat of the oven. Wal-Mart refused a replacement for this. I want a safer replacement or safer heat resistant handle holders for this oven. We love how well it works, but melting parts! This is a potential fire hazard. Bring your products back to the USA where consumer safety is a real concern. I do not have the receipt anymore - not sure what happened to it.

Original review: March 27, 2016

I purchased a counter top toaster oven from Oster because my other 2 Osters were wonderful!! What happened??? This oven is disgraceful and so is Oster. This oven is dangerous and has burned everything I have tried to cook -- I put something in it tonight that was supposed to take 55 minutes --- 17 minutes later it was burnt. I want my money back and I want it now. I feel like we need a class action suit against the maker of this oven. I'm going to look for another oven and I've already spread the word to everyone what this oven is doing. I'm going to check the temp to see how bad it really is. This company has a president's office and I'm gonna call them... "Hey Oster??? You suck and you are lousy at customer." Furthermore, I will contact Walmart about this product...

Oster Appliances Company Information