Oster Appliances
3.79/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Oster Appliances

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Oster Appliances Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I purchased the Oskar 2-In-1 Salad Prep And Food Processor (FPSTFP4100) three days ago with the hopes of reducing my prep time. I didn’t need anything sophisticated and this product appeared to be the perfect fit for my needs. In reading the user guide, I discovered one of the slice/shred discs was missing. No biggie, these things happen, right? On my fourth attempt at contacting Jarden-Oster Customer Service at (800) 334-0759, I was finally connected with Lynn. I conveyed the situation and requested the absent blade. To my discredit, I wasn’t sure which blade I was missing, but explained I had the one which appears to make 1/8” slices and noted the parts weren’t numbered. I was on break while calling from work and had the forethought to bring the disc and user guide with me.

I had also located the same model on the website before my call in an attempt to be as prepared as possible. Lynn was completely dissatisfied by me, my situation, and anything I tried to communicate. She cut me off mid-sentence by saying, “Listen. I can’t help you. It’s not my fault you’re not at home to look at the base and can’t tell me which model number you bought. What you need to do is take it back to the store and get another one.” I felt I was being baited into an argument, so I asked to speak to somebody else. That’s when Lynn dumped me back onto the phone tree where my call lingered for about twenty minutes. I was reconnected to Bianca and, in retelling my situation, she expressed concern for my purchase and how I’d been handled to that point.

She simply asked, “How many holes are there on the disc you have?” and, with my answer, she explained I was missing the thick-slice blade. She then asked me for my address and told me it’d be here in about a week. How hard was that, Lynn? Seriously. I asked to speak to a person of authority so that I could praise Bianca. Mr. **, I hope you get my voicemail. Please recognize Bianca for her ability to evaluate, redirect, and rebuild a failing customer interaction. In total, I spent over a half-hour this morning (36:47 by my phone log) requesting something for which I’ve already paid. I haven’t used it yet, but maybe I can recoup my waste of time with this new food processor… (Based upon what I’ve read from other reviews here, my sense of relief may be premature.)

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This Oster Countertop TSSTTVCG04 toaster oven is very dangerous. Both my wife and myself have burned our hands on the handle of this unit. As you lower the door with the handle the metal strip that the handle is attached to rotates toward your hand or fingers. I burned the top of my fingers as I let go of the handle in full open position. My wife also was burned twice. We have had it a month. This was replacing a different unit we had for years.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 17, 2017

I purchased the above Convection Countertop Oven (TSSTTVXLDG-002) on April 1, 2017. It has been working fairly well, although, it does get extremely HOT on the outside. Enough to burn you or if you have any children if they get close. The MAIN reason I am writing this is on Sunday when I had a Chicken Pot Pie in the oven on WARM the glass to the door completely SHATTERED into millions of pieces. The oven itself was not HOT it was "Warm" as it should be. The glass went all over the floor, countertop and inside the oven itself. It was an unbelievable site and shocking!

Needless to say no one could eat the Pie because the shards of the glass were all around the top of the pie which it did have a lid on the dish. I did buy this at Wal-Mart and I do have the receipt, but not the box. Because who would have thought the oven glass door would have exploded!! I spoke with an assistant Manager and said I could swap it out not give us a refund because we threw out the box. How stupid is this? This is a HAZARD to all. I have noticed on some other comments this is an on going Problem. This needs to be pulled from all stores and recalled back to the Manufacturer. I did send Oster an email, but I have my doubts I will even hear from them. Oster used to have a name for themselves. Believe me when I tell you they do not anymore. Do not buy this product. It is apparent that Oster does not care about their product or their customers. How sad.

Original review: July 9, 2017

Toaster Oven - The touch pad does not respond to touch. I set it to toast or bake or broil, adjust the temperature and press start. Nothing! I will never buy another Oster product. The touch pad is useless.

Original review: May 14, 2017

Have had toaster (model TSSTTVCG03) oven for about 18 months. No problems, today made toaster waffle, unit shut off. Went into kitchen. Unit was on??? And I heard faint ticking of the timer. Turned toaster oven back on for 5 min., watched lower knob, it shut unit off, yet continued to tick, it moved the knob to stay on and turned the unit back on. If I had not been home I am sure I would have had a fire. I notified Oster via online today. Also found saferproducts.gov and sent complaint #20170514-73443-2147401503, also while on that site someone had the same problem with the same unit. Their report number is #20120101-1b05e-2147437113.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oster?

Original review: April 3, 2017

I purchased two bread makers directly from the Oster/Jarden Online store. After waiting 7 days for a email confirmation of the shipping, I finally grew impatient and emailed customer service. I was notified two days later that they canceled my order because they didn't have any inventory. Would it not be appropriate and considerate to notify their customers when canceling their orders on them? Also, wouldn't it be nice if they didn't advertise merchandise as for sale and available when it really is not? Thank you Oster/Jarden for putting me in bind now that I waited this long for the merchandise I thought I had purchased. Very poor experience. Don't trust this company's online store.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Purchased an Oster breadmaker off of Amazon.com. The kneading blade was missing straight out of the box. I figured this would be no problem for oster customers service and that they would simply send me the part. After opening 2 tickets with their customer service with no response for 3 weeks, I finally called them and got ahold of someone who barely spoke english. After telling them my problem, they proceed to tell me that they do not have the part or the bread maker and that I am simply SOL. So, instead, I contact Amazon customer service which is AMAZING and they simply send me a whole new bread maker and have the old one picked up and returned.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

We have had the toaster for six months and have not been satisfied with its performance. The toast is not browned evenly, a slight increase in temperature burns the toast. The toast is completely dry when it pops out. We have now replaced the unit.

Original review: July 31, 2016

Fire Hazard - I used the Oven/Toaster TSSTTVDFL2-D to toast some bread. I served the food and when I return to the kitchen the plastic that holds the handle were melted.

Original review: July 1, 2016

The short story is this: We were pre-heating the toaster oven to cook a meal. My wife was walking towards the toaster oven, (less than 2 minutes from turning it on) when suddenly, the entire glass door shattered in small glass pieces all over the floor. Even the handle flew off. The temp was set at 325, but regardless of the temp, it is a product failure. Someone (or our pets) could have been significantly injured. Its model # TSSTTVSKBT. Further, we called Oster and they said it was a warranty issue. Completely devoid of the notion that it is a safety and health issue. They were "doing us a favor" by offering a 10% discount. NEVER EVER would I recommend or purchase their products again. We will report this to Consumer protection safety commission.

Oster Appliances Company Information