3.9/5 (225 ratings)

About Oreck Vacuums

Oreck Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I have owned an Oreck vacuum for 3 years. It's good for cleaning carpets. However, it doesn't pick up on the edges too well. I have some wood and tile floors, the Oreck vacuum does an average job on those floors. This vacuum doesn't have any attachments for cracks and crevices, upholstery etc. Overall I would rate my experience a 5 out of 10 with the Oreck vacuum.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I have owned Oreck vacuums for 30 years with minor issues and good results getting service and maintenance. My problem now is that I can't find an Oreck store to fit my needs. The off brand repair shops just don't service like Oreck did in the past.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

This is the best vacuum I have ever had, they are truly built to last. The upkeep is minimal common sense. The only thing is when they do go out it is hard to find parts and is usually cheaper to buy a new one. But overall they are the best to me. I use this brand at home and work.

Original review: July 30, 2021

No so crazy about the Ghostbusters shoulder strap vacuum. Just no like. The carpet vacuum is awesome. Really like that one. Lots of power, suction, very maneuverable.. All around , excellent vacuum. So all is good!

Original review: July 2, 2021

A while back I bought another Oreck (and my last Oreck) based on the reputation, quality, and promise of the first Oreck I bought around 1999. The promise was about quality and Made in the USA. My next Oreck purchase, they got me fooled, was a cheap poorly made plastic piece of junk made in China. Oreck lost my trust.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have had a recurring problem with my handle on my Oreck upright coming loose and won't tighten. In the past they have repaired it under warranty, but now they won't fix it under warranty. They say their warranty policy has changed and that is now a wearable item. It is clearly a defect since it keeps happening. Terrible customer service. Won't be buying another Oreck ever again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

4 years ago we traded in our older Oreck for the new Magnesium model, for which we also got an extended warranty which was supposed to provide us with annual maintenance cleanings. Our local store closed down and now the closest store is 2 hours away in Cleveland Ohio. When I called Oreck's corporate Customer Service we were told that we would need to provide our receipt of purchase. After 4 years I wasn't sure that we still had it. As a matter of fact when we had returned to the local store for service, all we needed to do was provide our phone number and they were able to locate our account.

According to Oreck corporate, they do not have any type of centralized system and because we had made the purchase from an independent dealer they could not help me without a receipt. I am not sure how I was supposed to know that the store was independent as it had a large sign on the front that said "Oreck" and when I Googled directions to it I had typed in Oreck stores near me and it came up. Also, how would I know that this store (and all others in my area) would go out of business and that Oreck Corporate would not have required access to their client list, considering it is their name on both the store and the product. That was supposed to be one of the advantages of buying the Oreck for me, having an extended warranty and a store that could perform any necessary service.

I must say that the people that I have dealt with in the 3 local stores that I have been into have been helpful and accommodating, unlike the customer service woman who was anything but. Be careful about buying from a local store...if they go out of business, Oreck Corporate does not maintain records and will not honor your warranty without verifiable proof of purchase.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

We have had Oreck vacuums before and it was good, few years ago we went to the Oreck store to get it serviced and they convinced us to "upgrade" to the graphite model, we did. Big mistake! This vacuum never worked right and the belt keeps breaking, it collects so much hair on the side of the roller which makes it seize to role freely and hence cut the belt. We went to the store many time and all they can say is you need to keep cleaning.. Honestly? We have other things to do. At any rate they were very unhelpful trying to sell us new rollers ($30 each) and trying to upgrade us again. This vacuum is just about 4-5 years old and we don't use it too much. Reason I gave two stars is because the older one worked well, we had for 10 years NEVER changed the roller or cleaned once!! We are done with Oreck..

Original review: June 2, 2020

We purchased an Oreck vacuum from Costco just before the company filed for chapter 11. Unfortunately, the vacuum is built very cheap and cannot suck anything out of shag or thick pile carpeting. The aluminum telescopic wand cracked where it is attached to the plastic handle and later snapped. The bag every now and then gets dislodged from the hook and spews dust and dirt everywhere. My cheap Eureka vacuum did way better than this vacuum.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Very light and easy to handle. Turns on a dime. Very powerful and multiple levels of suction. Can be used on hardwood floor and carpets without any adjustments. Came with a five year warranty and five years of free service.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have been an Oreck customer since 1992. My job required staying in numerous hotels and noted the maids used Oreck vacuums. I am only on my second Oreck and I have dogs that shed. I have had the second Oreck for nine years. The vacuum bags are easy to find and the customer service is great.

Original review: May 6, 2020

It was purchased because it is lightweight to use. However it is pricey and not really worth the extra money. There are lots of other possibilities on the market now. I do think that it being lightweight makes to good for us.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Love this vacuum. It does a great job cleaning carpet and hard surfaces. It is lightweight and moves and maneuvers well. Will lay flat to go under furniture. Has a very long cord. Would highly recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Light weight and sucks up the debris well. Easy to pick up. Remove filter bag easily. Attachments are functional. Gets the debris out from the corners of a room. The attachments correspond with the cleaning of my apartment. Love the color.

Original review: April 26, 2020

This one doesn't have attachments. It does a great job on carpet, wood, vinyl, and ceramic floors. Automatically adjusts to floor type. Uses disposable bags. It is very lightweight. As a bonus I also received their canister vacuum with attachments. It is small and lightweight but powerful with all the attachments included. Their products are a little expensive but well worth it. Have also purchased their carpet cleaner and received the cordless iron. All exceptional products that last.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Oreck upright is powerful, cleans thoroughly, has stood the test of time from other newcomers. A little expensive but worth it in the long run. Has a good warranty, local vendors where you can bring it in instead of shipping it and waiting weeks for repairs.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I was introduce to the Oreck company about 20 years ago. But after 13 years of my first Oreck my daughter broke. It just could not be repaired at the time. So from 2008 till 2016 I purchase very cheap vacuums. Don't forget the recession at that time. But in 2017 I was able to afford an Oreck and bought two. One was Oreck Magnesium Blue in color and a Black Oreck Gold.

One for upstairs and one for downstairs. I am a satisfied customer. Not only are my products Great, but my Oreck Store in Sterling Heights Michigan has always been the Best in Customer Services. Mike ** Help me with my old Oreck Gold which Needed a new motor. It was worth the price of $104.00 dollars I told him. Yes Gold is a rebuild one I purchase two years ago for the basement, but I like it and Hope that it will last a very long time. I Trust Oreck and its Customer Service. I always get the simple type and not too fancy. I will continue to recommend this product and purchase it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I had an Oreck for over 20 years so of course when it came time to update, I bought another. This vacuum has been nothing but a disappointment. In a very short time, it needed repair, big and small repairs. The rubber guards near the edges fell off, it spewed dust and dirt on the insides of the outer bag and around the neck. Then, it decided to shut off after it ran for 3 seconds. I turn it back on, and it shut right off. I took it to the store I bought it from (it used to be an Oreck store, now they told me Hoover bought out Oreck) and they quoted me $189 so far to repair it. NO WAY! It was trouble from the start, not worth putting more money back into junk. It couldn't hold a candle to my old Oreck. That quality is no more. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I took our five year old Oreck Miele Upright Twist to the My Oreck Store repair center in Conroe Texas on June 26, 2019 because the brush would not engage. After two weeks with no word from the store on the problem or any solution, I began making a weekly calls to the store to inquire regarding the status. The store was unable to provide any updates as to the status of the repair and implied that it was unreasonable to expect such reports. After 11 weeks, my weekly call on September 5, 2019 revealed that our vacuum was returned to the store without resolving the problem.

On multiple occasions, the manager — Kyle — said they were unable to provide updates or timely service because they were understaffed. The vacuum is a quality product and has served us well. The service has fallen far below expectations. I paid $500 for the Vacuum. I would gladly pay for service on the same. I do not believe the My Oreck Store, nor Kyle, valued my business or my time. Kyle did offer to send the Vacuum back to the service center. At this point, however, I have elected to seek another option to repair the vacuum. Due solely to this service experience, I do not think I would recommend buying an Oreck.

Original review: July 12, 2019

My vacuum is lightweight and cleans very well. I have had it for about two years and the only problem I have had is the belt. The Oreck I bought about five years ago. It has a 20 year warranty. I take it in yearly to get checked.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The unit was purchased in the summer of 1994. The only problems was lights and power cord (replaced the brush, just wear). Very satisfied. The cost for maintenance is next to nothing. This is a example that the price equals quality. John **

Original review: July 4, 2019

Purchased in the 80s. Used in four residences over the years. Replaced the drive belt several times and the roller brush once. Always does a thorough job on all surfaces. Light enough for stairs. Low enough to get under most furniture. Perhaps best investment of my life. The free hand-held that came with it. Is still sucking away as well.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I bought an Oreck 10 years ago, when I had more carpet, due to my vacuum being so heavy to push, I was almost in tears trying and I have a bad back. I read Oreck had one that was like 5lbs with a bag. I do not like the canister ones. All the dust to me is kind of messy to clean. I have had no problems, it still works great, so easy to push. The canister is seperate, so you do not have the heavy parts attached and I got the 5 year plan. You take in yearly for tune up and check. So love LIGHT ORECK!

Original review: June 30, 2019

Oreck is not the vacuum they made 20 years ago. The purpose of the company is to tell you that your vacuum is on its last legs and you need to spend $400 for another one that will have the same death sentence in two years.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My last Oreck XL lasted 18 yrs with no major issues. I just purchased another Oreck and shocked because both the quality and quantity have decreased. Oreck eliminated its vacuum light which I miss and there’s a flaw with their new Eurobelt which is guaranteed to last 10 yrs - mine broke after 6 months. Also don’t like how they attached a 40 foot cord. Definitely times have changed at Oreck except the price tag which cost more while giving you less options. I always bought Oreck due to its longevity, closed bag system and its minimal weight but will be buying another brand. Spending $200 on a vacuum that last 6 months is a rip off.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Disgusted in Augusta,Ga!!! I purchased this very expensive Oreck Elevate vacuum a year ago. It just quit working. There is supposed to be a 5 year warranty but the only Oreck store here in Augusta is now closed. I called the 800 number for Oreck and told them, only to be told I have to ship the vacuum to the nearest store for repairs. WHAT??? I WILL NOT pay to ship this vacuum, I should not have to. A year old $600.00 vacuum should not need warranty work after a year! DO NOT BUY AN ORECK, run far, far away. Now I am stuck with a year old broken vacuum. Oreck does not stand by their word!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

DO NOT BUY AN ORECK VACUUM! I began my marriage 30 years ago with an old, heavy Kirby vacuum. It was extremely heavy and bulk, but it worked great! No problems! Several years ago, my husband thought he would do me a favor and buy me a good, new, lightweight vacuum. He bought an Oreck. This, indeed, has been the worst purchase we have ever made.

I have had nothing but problems with it from the very beginning. I have taken it in for service many times and they say there is nothing wrong with it. It overheats easily (they say I need to clean the roller from hair, but the roller is clean); it stinks terribly when you use it (they say that is just the belt and motor, but I must light scented candles in the rooms after vacuuming to eliminate the odor); when vacuuming, it will shock you if your hand gets anywhere close to the screws on the handle (they say this is normal); It doesn't pick up anything close to walls/furniture because of the design; it is overpriced. I have taken this thing in to four different service centers and have yet to find anyone that will admit there is a problem, let alone find anyone that is friendly!

I still have this vacuum. I know, I should just get rid of it, but we have since bought a new house that is 90 percent hardwood floors with only 3 small bedrooms of carpet. Instead of buying another vacuum, I have chosen to deal with this one until I replace the flooring in these guest rooms. I do have a canister vacuum and two handheld vacuums (all other brands) that I use much more than this Oreck upright. I absolutely HATE this vacuum. I know - hate is a strong word, but this is an absolutely miserable vacuum. I would recommend the cheapest one you can find at Target or Walmart overspending the money on an Oreck!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

This is the second Oreck I have owned. The first was a gift and broke frequently. I went to the Oreck store in Cookeville TN where I decided to trade it in and maybe I just has a lemon. I have had the second one now for 5 years and I hate it. First of all it has only ever cleaned in a very average fashion and actual takes me longer to vacuum since it slings more dirt and debris than it sucks up. I have had to have it repaired 3 times. The last time they had it for 5 weeks which was only about 4 months ago. It is now doing the same thing again. It runs for maybe 10 seconds and then shuts off. I am done. What a waste of money and what a piece of junk!!! You could not give me one for free.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

The old Oreck are the best. The new XL extended life vacuum does not suck or clean the way the company promised. In my mind after buying the Oreck brand for over 30 years, I will never buy an Oreck again. Too expensive, no backing from the company WHEN PROBLEMS happen, very pushy sales staff, cheaply made, and simply does not work the as great as the company CLAIMS it should.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a Hoover FloorMate for $160 in April 2017, which was used only a handful of times. On the most recent occasion that I attempted to use it in July 2018, it no longer worked. Having had such little use of such an expensive machine, I took my Hoover FloorMate to the Oreck storefront on Polaris Parkway for assistance. The representative at Oreck accepted my defective machine, and set my mind at ease, stating that 95% of his customers receive a new unit as replacement.

As time passed and I hadn’t received a status update from the Oreck representative, I emailed Oreck support on July 31, 2018 for assistance and was told that a replacement order was never submitted, thus the order had been “flagged as abandoned due to inactivity." Oreck provided a replacement with a lesser model, the Oreck FK40100 Surface Scrub, stating it was a similar model given to me as they were denying my warranty claim.

I did attempt to use this replacement model to clean my hardwood floors and was very disappointed with the results. The result using the Oreck FK40100 Surface Scrub pales in comparison to the Hoover FloorMate, my original purchase. I emailed Oreck support again to request that my Hoover machine be returned to me so that I may attempt to fix it personally, but was told they had disposed of my unit. I find this to be unacceptable and am requesting assistance to resolve this matter. The only acceptable solution, in my opinion, is to be provided with a new replacement model of my originally purchased Hoover FloorMate.

Oreck Vacuums Company Information