2.66/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

64 Oreck Vacuums Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I bought a Hoover FloorMate for $160 in April 2017, which was used only a handful of times. On the most recent occasion that I attempted to use it in July 2018, it no longer worked. Having had such little use of such an expensive machine, I took my Hoover FloorMate to the Oreck storefront on Polaris Parkway for assistance. The representative at Oreck accepted my defective machine, and set my mind at ease, stating that 95% of his customers receive a new unit as replacement.

As time passed and I hadn’t received a status update from the Oreck representative, I emailed Oreck support on July 31, 2018 for assistance and was told that a replacement order was never submitted, thus the order had been “flagged as abandoned due to inactivity." Oreck provided a replacement with a lesser model, the Oreck FK40100 Surface Scrub, stating it was a similar model given to me as they were denying my warranty claim.

I did attempt to use this replacement model to clean my hardwood floors and was very disappointed with the results. The result using the Oreck FK40100 Surface Scrub pales in comparison to the Hoover FloorMate, my original purchase. I emailed Oreck support again to request that my Hoover machine be returned to me so that I may attempt to fix it personally, but was told they had disposed of my unit. I find this to be unacceptable and am requesting assistance to resolve this matter. The only acceptable solution, in my opinion, is to be provided with a new replacement model of my originally purchased Hoover FloorMate.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I think that the Oreck personnel are trained to convince you to buy an "upgrade" and that the repair promise is a joke. I brought in a carpet shampoo device to the local Oreck dealer where I purchased it. The very prickly person managing the store IMMEDIATELY started on the worst case scenario. But first, she had to plug in the hose used to clean the couch and she didn't even know where to plug it in. "Well, I have NEVER seen one of these units because we discontinued this style..." (I have owned the machine for four years. I purchased it NEW!) I showed her how to put the hose on. Then, she plugged it in and sadly said that, "The motor is loud, it will probably have to be replaced and this model is discontinued..." I reminded her that it is loud because there is no detergent or water in the tank.

The cleaner has always been that loud. (All Oreck machines sound like a Boeing 707 taking off.) She sadly shook her head and looked skeptical. I heard that the technician would not be in until the end of the week and that there were "vacuum cleaners of all kinds" ahead of my order waiting to be repaired. I hauled it back into my car, went to a mom and pop vacuum repair shop. In spite of the fact that they are reluctant to repair Oreck machines (This is a family consumer site, so I cannot type their exact adjectives that they used to describe Oreck) they showed me where the clear tubing from the water tank and detergent canister had been pinched and was blocking the flow of water. He fixed it in three minutes.

One of my friends had pulled the cord loose from the vacuum cleaner. All that needed to be done was put a new cord on or reattach the old one. Same experience... She was told that "the model was discontinued and that there were no parts." No electric wall cord? "The repairman will be in at the end of the week, but he is very backed up. I don't think that this is fixable." My friend took it to an appliance repair shop and they also fixed it in five minutes. Run, don't walk away from Oreck. As soon as my current machines, both vacuum cleaner and carpet shampooer, wears out (won't be long, judging by how poor the workmanship is) I will purchase something else for less money and better service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought an Oreck floor scrubber which quit working after less than a dozen uses and when I returned to store I was told it would be fixed and returned in a week to two. Then the nightmare began, the guy who fixes is gone , waiting on new guy, can't get parts, they're on their way, no parts, discontinued so we'll send a new one, then back and forth on all these stories. No returned calls half the time and more lies. I wouldn't get anything from these people if it was free. Now it's out of warranty and next time I'll have to throw it out. I want a refund but they won't. Do not buy from this company, they don't stand behind their product.

Original review: June 4, 2018

When I started purchasing Oreck vacuum cleaners it was because of the "free" service for 10 years. I was told when I purchase my last machine a couple of years ago that the store that I would usually go to was closing but they were going to open another store in the "galleria mall" or close by in Cheektowaga. Well that was two years ago. AND still nothing and the reply I just received was in fact...it's a "no go" for a new store that I would have to go to Hamburg??? Really??? Now I have to PAY for any service through a company closer to my home. THAT'S BS!!!

Original review: March 1, 2018

Bought my Oreck Upright in 1979 AND it is still running strong. It's a keeper in my book. Super efficient on wood floors, tile, and carpet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We loved the simple design and efficiency of this product. It is lightweight and easy to maintain. But, it's an ugly 'Betty', no doubt about that. Don't waste your time with the other vendors.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

The Oreck Halo is not a good value, it's utterly too expensive (& too big & heavy) for its performance. The handle has broken on it numerous times because it is too heavy & difficult to maneuver. I would never buy one again. I gave it to my daughters to use at college; they disliked it as well. Would have been better off just buying them a new inexpensive (on sale) vacuum at a dept store - which would have performed just as well.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Low weight helps maneuverability; as does long power cord. But only has average suction. Not at all powerful suction when cleaning bare floors. Does not have good vibration/suction process on carpet to effectively dislodge and vacuum up dirt/debris. Manufacturing quality leaves much room for improvement. Single screw securing handle to lower section easily comes loose, requiring frequent tightening. Cheap looking. Would not purchase again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Excellent cleaning power and ability from a super lightweight cordless vacuum. The battery lasts long and charges up super-fast. It is easy to empty and change the filter. It picks up pet hair much better than my full-size more expensive vacuum.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

It's the best vacuum cleaner I have ever used. I've had it for 8 years and have NEVER had an issue. Change bag when needed and have replaced the belt only once. I love it!

Oreck Vacuums Company Information