2. Homeowners
  3. Vacuum Cleaners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.61/5

Oreck Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Low weight helps maneuverability; as does long power cord. But only has average suction. Not at all powerful suction when cleaning bare floors. Does not have good vibration/suction process on carpet to effectively dislodge and vacuum up dirt/debris. Manufacturing quality leaves much room for improvement. Single screw securing handle to lower section easily comes loose, requiring frequent tightening. Cheap looking. Would not purchase again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Excellent cleaning power and ability from a super lightweight cordless vacuum. The battery lasts long and charges up super-fast. It is easy to empty and change the filter. It picks up pet hair much better than my full-size more expensive vacuum.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

It's the best vacuum cleaner I have ever used. I've had it for 8 years and have NEVER had an issue. Change bag when needed and have replaced the belt only once. I love it!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Oreck has good sucking power but the paper bags tend to disconnect and create a mess. It is a heavy duty machine so it is on the weighty side to carry around.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have osteoarthritis in my back and vacuuming is really stressful. The Oreck is lightweight and cleans well, plus it bothers my back less than a heavier brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oreck Vacuums?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Very lightweight with the an aggressive motor. Great warranty but has fewer locations to get service. Oreck vacuums are known for their lightweight and relatively small size which makes it easy to handle for my wife (primary reason we bought this brand and model).

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I read every single negative thing written about Oreck Vacuums, I was homeless not long ago and with help got my own apt and a puppy. I started to notice at least 3 times a week a vacuum by the dumpster for trash. I decided to bring one home and fix it. I gave it to my neighbor. 3 years later and over 100 vacuums rescued fixed and given away, never once did I find an Oreck. I saw one at a thrift store for 20 dollars I bought it. It was the best vacuum I had ever used. I fell in love. It’s simple. It’s efficient. It’s lightweight and cleans my carpets well. That said I am now on my third Oreck because the other two had the motor burn out or the belts melt.

Now I could never afford a new Oreck and everything will fail if not taken care of. My latest one I’ve had three years. I built it from all the pieces of the old ones. I clean it every week and tighten the screws weekly and change the belt every 6 months. Oreck is a wonderful expensive delicate vacuum. But treat it right and you’ll own it forever. I only hope one day I can buy a brand new one.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Bought an Oreck 15 years ago because I had 3 dogs and rugs and a lot of hair to clean up. And the advertisement was catchy. Their little handheld vacuum could pick up a bowling ball! Which, PS it DID NOT!!!! Always had a problem with it. I bought an Oreck because they were "highly recommended". Now, 20 years later, I work in an office which has an Oreck. Same story. The dust that comes out of the bag (which by the way, never stays connected to the hose). Same problem I had with mine. For the money, a very BAD DEAL!!! I cannot recommend another vacuum, as I do not have rugs anymore. I sweep and mop now! But recommend you do research because I know there are other vacuums out there that are a LOT CHEAPER and do a BETTER JOB!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Called Oreck corporate office, they said since I serviced a Dyson vacuum they cannot do anything in the matter. How come they gave me repair bill under my Oreck stores? Strange & fishy. I already written to channel 11 let see their response. Folks beware of this ripoff store. I was ripped off by the Oreck store on FM 1960 & champions in Houston Texas. Based upon a free coupon I took my Dyson vacuum for servicing, the tech there said I needed a filter to be replaced which he quoted $ 49.99, I agreed, when I went to pick up the vacuum they charged me $ 79.99 saying the earlier price quoted was an error. I checked online & got a price of $ 20.39 for both the filters of the vacuum, please beware of this shop & the bunch of unprofessional people. They will rip you off.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Ironman handheld vacuum that Oreck is no longer making. Bags are supposed to fit in their new vacuum that replaces Ironman - so we were told by Oreck store salesman. Vacuuming small area and bag completely blew apart inside the machine while vacuum was on, spewing debris through the rear fins of the vacuum and throughout the room. Bigger mess cleaning up Oreck mess than the actual mess I was vacuuming up. So NOT impressed with their bags.

Oreck Vacuums Company Information